|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Succulents: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Designing, and Growing 200 Easy Care Plants (Sunset)
Lowest new price: $16.96
Lowest used price: $17.50
List price: $24.95
Author: Robin Stockwell
Brand: Robin Stockwell
Inspiring, practical and richly photographed, this comprehensive guide offers creative ideas and DIY projects using beautiful low-maintenance, water-wise plants Succulents are the ultimate easy-care plant: versatile, effortless to grow both indoors and outdoors, and drought tolerant. From Aloe and Agaves, to Senecio and Taciveria, this handbook by leading garden expert Robin Stockwell highlights 200 of the easiest, most useful, and gorgeous plants, and shares advice on care and cultivation. Readers will find inspiration for imaginative and exciting new ways to use succulents in striking garden designs, containers, vertical walls, and indoor arrangements, as well as step-by-step projects, such as living bouquets and terrarium ornaments.This is the essential reference for landscapers, home gardeners, and anyone looking for a thorough introduction to the perfect plant for modern times.
- Succulents The Ultimate Guide to Choosing Designing and Growing 200 Easy Care Plants Sunset
|The Forgotten Skills of Self-Sufficiency Used by the Mormon Pioneers
Lowest new price: $11.69
Lowest used price: $9.79
List price: $16.99
Author: Caleb Warnock
Brand: Cedar Fort
Many people dream of becoming self-reliant during these times of fluctuating prices and uncertain job security. Using truly simple techniques, you can cultivate the pioneer's independence to provide safety against lost wages, harsh weather, economic recession, and commercial contamination and shortages. Strengthen your family's self-reliance as you discover anew the joy of homegrown food, thrift, and self-sufficient living.
- More Forgotten Skills of Self-Sufficiency
- Prepper's Long-Term Survival Guide: Food, Shelter, Security, Off-the-Grid Power and More Life-Saving Strategies for Self-Sufficient Living
- Forgotten Skills of Backyard Herbal Healing and Family Health
- The Prepper's Water Survival Guide: Harvest, Treat, and Store Your Most Vital Resource
- Food Storage: Preserving Meat, Dairy, and Eggs
- Backyard Winter Gardening: Vegetables Fresh and Simple, in Any Climate Without Artificial Heat or Electricity the Way It's Been Done for 2,000 Ye
- The Lost Ways 1: A Guide for Safe Scavenging, Pemmican Making, Detecting Road Kill, Identifying Water Sources and Building Stable Shelters
- Prepper's Natural Medicine: Life-Saving Herbs, Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for When There is No Doctor
- SHTF Prepping:: 100+ Amazing Tips, Tricks, Hacks & DIY Prepper Projects, Along With 77 Items You Need In Your STHF Stockpile Now! (Off Grid Living, ... & Disaster Preparedness Survival Guide)
- When The Grid Goes Down, Disaster Preparations and Survival Gear For Making Your Home Self-Reliant
|The Colorful Dry Garden: Over 100 Flowers and Vibrant Plants for Drought, Desert & Dry Times
Lowest new price: $15.83
Lowest used price: $15.04
List price: $22.95
Author: Maureen Gilmer
A design-focused, easy-to-use guide to colorful, eye-catching foliage and flowers for your whole yard, from the ground plain to the canopy, for homeowners and landscapers faced with replacing thirsty gardens in California and other dry regions in the Western US.
If readers must reluctantly remove water-guzzling favorites from the garden, they need equally beautiful substitutes! This book is a visual treat that supports the transition to dry gardening by proving that gardeners can have all the gorgeous color and flowers they had in the past using just a fraction of the water.
Maureen Gilmer provides chapters on design categories of plants—flowering shrubs, the ground plain, eye-catching accents, ephemeral flowers, perennials for color, animated plants and fine textures, canopy, and edibles—with profiles for each plant plus background info and top picks lists.
The Colorful Dry Garden is unique because it features only bold plants that are also heavy bloomers despite heat and limited water. It also features more than just Western native plants by including varieties from the world's driest climates.
|How Not to Kill Your Houseplant: Survival Tips for the Horticulturally Challenged
Lowest new price: $10.10
Lowest used price: $10.15
List price: $14.99
Author: Veronica Peerless
Can't keep a houseplant alive, no matter how hard you try and how good your intentions are? This is the book for you. You need this book. Give plants a chance.
Help your plant live with survival tips and learn the simple ways not to kill your plants.With over 50 different types of popular houseplants, How Not to Kill Your Houseplant summarizes what type of care your plants do (or don't) need. Be on the lookout for warning signs of a sick plant, from brown spots to crispy leaves, and make sure you take the proper action to rescue your plant.
Learn the basics of horticulture, from watering your plant to what kind of soil it should be placed in to how much light it needs every day to if a certain type of plant will thrive in your living space. Find out how to keep a cactus alive, where to hang air plants, and how to repot succulents.
Full of helpful tips, pictures, and informational panels, How Not to Kill Your Houseplant will turn your home into a beautiful greenhouse of healthy, happy plants.
|Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation: Simple to Advanced and Experimental Techniques for Indoor and Outdoor Cultivation
Lowest new price: $23.46
Lowest used price: $25.73
List price: $39.95
Author: Tradd Cotter
Brand: Tradd Cotter
What would it take to grow mushrooms in space? How can mushroom cultivation help us manage, or at least make use of, invasive species such as kudzu and water hyacinth and thereby reduce dependence on herbicides? Is it possible to develop a low-cost and easy-to-implement mushroom-growing kit that would provide high-quality edible protein and bioremediation in the wake of a natural disaster? How can we advance our understanding of morel cultivation so that growers stand a better chance of success?
For more than twenty years, mycology expert Tradd Cotter has been pondering these questions and conducting trials in search of the answers. In Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation, Cotter not only offers readers an in-depth exploration of best organic mushroom cultivation practices; he shares the results of his groundbreaking research and offers myriad ways to apply your cultivation skills and further incorporate mushrooms into your life―whether your goal is to help your community clean up industrial pollution or simply to settle down at the end of the day with a cold Reishi-infused homebrew ale.
The book first guides readers through an in-depth exploration of indoor and outdoor cultivation. Covered skills range from integrating wood-chip beds spawned with king stropharia into your garden and building a “trenched raft” of hardwood logs plugged with shiitake spawn to producing oysters indoors on spent coffee grounds in a 4×4 space or on pasteurized sawdust in vertical plastic columns. For those who aspire to the self-sufficiency gained by generating and expanding spawn rather than purchasing it, Cotter offers in-depth coverage of lab techniques, including low-cost alternatives that make use of existing infrastructure and materials.
Cotter also reports his groundbreaking research cultivating morels both indoors and out, “training” mycelium to respond to specific contaminants, and perpetuating spawn on cardboard without the use of electricity. Readers will discover information on making tinctures, powders, and mushroom-infused honey; making an antibacterial mushroom cutting board; and growing mushrooms on your old denim jeans.
Geared toward readers who want to grow mushrooms without the use of pesticides, Cotter takes “organic” one step further by introducing an entirely new way of thinking―one that looks at the potential to grow mushrooms on just about anything, just about anywhere, and by anyone.
|Let it Rot!: The Gardener's Guide to Composting (Third Edition) (Storey's Down-To-Earth Guides)
Lowest new price: $6.25
Lowest used price: $2.74
List price: $12.95
Author: Stu Campbell
Brand: Brand: STOREY PUBLISHING
Transform leaves, grass, and kitchen scraps into gardener’s gold! This easy-to-use guide shows you how to turn household garbage and backyard refuse into nutrient-filled compost that can nourish your soil and promote a thriving garden. You’ll soon be saving money, minimizing waste, and enjoying bountiful harvests.
- Jobe’s Organics Compost Starter 4-4-2 Organic Gardening Compost Accelerator, 4 pound bag
- Yimby Tumbler Composter, Color Black
- Espoma Organic Traditions Compost Starter- 4 lb Bag BE4
- EJWOX Composting Tumbler 43 Gallon, Dual Rotating Compost Bin
- Dual Body Tumbling Composter by HOTFROG
- Dr. Earth 727 Compost Starter
- The Most Beautiful Composter in the World, Made in the USA, Food Safe, BPA and Rust Free, No Assembly Required, Envirocycle Composting Tumbler Bin and Compost Tea Maker
- REOTEMP Backyard Compost Thermometer - 20" Stem, with Composting Instructions (Fahrenheit)
- The Complete Compost Gardening Guide: Banner batches, grow heaps, comforter compost, and other amazing techniques for saving time and money, and ... most flavorful, nutritous vegetables ever.
|Teaming with Microbes: The Organic Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web, Revised Edition
Lowest new price: $14.77
Lowest used price: $15.32
List price: $24.95
Author: Jeff Lowenfels
The 2011 Garden Writers of America Gold Award for Best Writing/Book proves soil is anything but an inert substance. Healthy soil is teeming with life -- not just earthworms and insects, but a staggering multitude of bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms. When we use chemical fertilizers, we injure the microbial life that sustains healthy plants, and thus become increasingly dependent on an arsenal of artificial substances, many of them toxic to humans as well as other forms of life. But there is an alternative to this vicious circle: to garden in a way that strengthens, rather than destroys, the soil food web -- the complex world of soil-dwelling organisms whose interactions create a nurturing environment for plants. By eschewing jargon and overly technical language, the authors make the benefits of cultivating the soil food web available to a wide audience, from devotees of organic gardening techniques to weekend gardeners who simply want to grow healthy, vigorous plants without resorting to chemicals.
|American Horticultural Society Plant Propagation: The Fully Illustrated Plant-by-Plant Manual of Practical Techniques
Lowest new price: $23.67
Lowest used price: $15.41
List price: $35.00
Author: Alan Toogood
Brand: Alan Toogood
This comprehensive guide contains all the techniques you need with easy-to-follow, step-by-step explanations of how to propagate your plant. Whether you want to increase your plants by the easiest or most reliable methods of propagation, experiment with more unusual or advanced techniques, or use specialized techniques for a favorite plant group, you will find everything you need in this approachable handbook.
Want to know the best way to propagate a particular plant? Each entry in the A-Z section of this book tells you which method of propagation to use, when to do it, and what degree of skill each method requires. Curious how you can improve your seed germination? AHS Plant Propagation instructs you on which seeds need special treatment before sowing, and how to provide the conditions to ensure a good rate of germination. Confused about how long it takes to obtain a flowering plant? You’ll find guidelines on the average success rate for each plant, how big a yield you can expect, and how long it should take to get a mature or flowering plant. Need to make sure your cuttings won't fail? This guide lets you know how to take appropriate cuttings from each type of plant and make sure they root successfully.
Expert guidance on the propagation of over 1,500 plants, this book is destined to become the standard work on the subject. AHS Plant Propagation is the practical handbook gardeners have been waiting for. This book is the quintessential, unrivaled, practical guide to the successful propagation of all garden plants—from trees and shrubs to culinary herbs, and everything in between.
The American Horticultural Society's Plant Propagation is one of those stuck-on-a-desert-island books. All the information you could ever possibly want in order to propagate virtually any plant or tree or cactus or succulent that might be growing on said desert island is to be found somewhere between the covers of this marvelous, informative book. If you're tired of buying many pots of expensive perennials, tuck a copy of Plant Propagation under your arm and buy one good specimen. From that specimen, following the simple directions, make many plants. It's the kind of skill that all grandmothers of a more distant generation seemed to have.
Still mixed up about hypogeal and epigeal germination? Can't tell a bulbil from a cormel? The very first section covers all the basics of plant biology as well as the history and basic how-to of propagation. The body of the book is divided into "Garden Trees," "Shrubs and Climbing Plants," "Perennials, Annuals and Biennials," "Cacti and Other Succulents," "Bulbous Plants," and "Vegetables." Each section begins with an overview of appropriate propagation techniques: the many styles of grafting, seed saving, taking cuttings, and bulb and root division. Individual plants within each section are addressed alphabetically. With Plant Propagation in hand, you can hybridize your own rose and name it after yourself. The text is written to an intelligent, somewhat experienced gardening reader, and the lush illustrations are accurate and effective. --Schuyler Ingle
- American Horticultural Society Plant Propagation The Fully Illustrated Plant by Plant Manual of Practical Techniques
- The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation: From Seed to Tissue Culture, Second Edition
- Botany for Gardeners, 3rd Edition
- American Horticultural Society Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers (American Horticultural Society)
- The Manual of Plant Grafting: Practical Techniques for Ornamentals, Vegetables, and Fruit
- So You Want to Start a Nursery
- Pruning and Training, Revised New Edition: What, When, and How to Prune
- Plants from Test Tubes: An Introduction to Micropropogation, 4th Edition
- The Complete Guide to Saving Seeds: 322 Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, Flowers, Trees, and Shrubs
- American Horticultural Society Encyclopedia of Gardening (American Horticultural Society Practical Guides)
- American Horticultural Society Pruning & Training (American Horticultural Society Practical Guides)
|Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It ... Garden Anywhere!
Lowest new price: $17.48
Lowest used price: $9.14
List price: $30.00
Author: Tara Nolan
Brand: Tara Nolan
Raised bed gardening is the fastest-growing garden strategy today, and Raised Bed Revolution is the definitive guidebook to mastering this consistently proven and effective gardening method.
Raised Bed Revolution provides you with information on size requirements for constructing raised beds, height suggestions, types of materials you can use, and creative tips for fitting the maximum garden capacity into small spaces--including vertical gardening.
Enhanced with gorgeous photography, this book covers subjects such as growing-medium options, rooftop gardening, cost-effective gardening solutions, planting tips, watering strategies (automatic water drip systems and hand watering), and more. The process of creating and building raised beds is a cinch, too, thanks to the extensive gallery of design ideas and step-by-step projects.
This gardening strategy is taking serious root. Why? Several reasons:
- Raised beds allow gardeners to practice space efficiency as well as accessibility (the beds can be customized to be any height).
- Raised beds permit gardeners to use their own soil, and they can be designed with wheels for easy portability if partial sunlight is a problem.
- Water conservation is easier for gardeners who use raised beds.
- Pest control is assisted because most garden pests can't make the leap up into the raised bed. For yards that struggle with drainage, raised bed gardening offers a no-brainer solution. Raised beds simply create a more interesting yard!
Find out more about why everyone is joining the raised bed revolution, roll up your sleeves and join in!
- Raised Bed Revolution Build It Fill It Plant It Garden Anywhere
- Trellises, Planters & Raised Beds: 50 Easy, Unique, and Useful Projects You Can Make with Common Tools and Materials
- Vertical Gardening: Grow Up, Not Out, for More Vegetables and Flowers in Much Less Space
- All New Square Foot Gardening II: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More in Less Space
- Raised Bed Gardening: Growing Vegetables for Beginners
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
- Building Raised Beds: Easy, Accessible Garden Space for Vegetables and Flowers. A Storey BASICS® Title
- Raised-Bed Gardening: How to grow more in less space
- Black & Decker The Complete Guide to DIY Greenhouses, Updated 2nd Edition: Build Your Own Greenhouses, Hoophouses, Cold Frames & Greenhouse Accessories (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
- Build a Better Vegetable Garden: 30 DIY Projects to Improve your Harvest
|The Vegetable Gardener's Container Bible: How to Grow a Bounty of Food in Pots, Tubs, and Other Containers
Lowest new price: $12.20
Lowest used price: $9.90
List price: $19.95
Author: Edward C. Smith
Brand: Workman Publishing
Harvest tomatoes on a patio, produce a pumpkin in a planter, and grow broccoli on a balcony! Best-selling author Ed Smith shows you everything you need to know to successfully create and care for an edible container garden, from choosing the right plants and selecting appropriate containers through controlling pests without chemicals and harvesting fresh vegetables. You’ll discover that container gardening is an easy and fun way to enjoy summer’s bounty in even the smallest of growing spaces.
- The Vegetable Gardener s Container Bible How to Grow a Bounty of Food in Pots Tubs and Other Containers
Page 2 of 429
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.