|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Trowel and Error: Over 700 Organic Remedies, Shortcuts, and Tips for the Gardener
Lowest new price: $5.98
Lowest used price: $1.25
List price: $14.95
Author: Sharon Lovejoy
Brand: Workman Publishing
Ever since she was old enough to help her grandmother in the garden, Sharon Lovejoy has spent her life working with plants--and along the way, through "trowel and error," she's accumulated hundreds and hundreds of remedies, tips, short-cuts, and cure-alls. Now Ms. Lovejoy--author of Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots and the award-winning Sunflower Houses--does for the garden what Heloise or the Queen of Clean does for the household. Trowel and Error collects all of her homespun garden advice into an inviting, environmentally friendly, whimsically illustrated yet dead-on helpful book that will benefit every gardener, beginner or experienced.
Cure plant viruses with spoiled milk. Steep a natural and effective insecticide out of fresh basil. Place flat stones under squash or melons to hasten ripening. Recycle an old apple corer as the perfect dibber for muscari and other small bulbs. Start rosemary cuttings in a green glass bottle. Sprinkle baby powder over seedlings to discourage rabbits. Crush a garlic clove and apply it to your skin as an insect repellent. From urging the reader to take an occasional shower with the houseplants to giving all-natural gardenside first aid, Trowel and Error is a direct line to the kind of practical wisdom that comes only after a lifetime of experience. The book is indexed by problem, plant, pest, and solution, and includes a list of tools and common household items--borax, cornmeal, vinegar--that completes the gardener's arsenal.
- Bear Paws Cultivator Claw - (Never-Set-Down) Gardening Tool - Ergonomic Hand Design for Aerating, Weeding, Cultivating, and more!
- Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots: Gardening Together with Children
- NNBB Garden Gloves with Fingertips Claws Quick– Great for Digging Weeding Seeding poking -Safe for Rose Pruning –Best Gardening Tool -Best Gift for Gardeners (Double Claw)
- Sunflower Houses: Inspiration From the Garden-A Book for Children and Their Grown-Ups
- Soil pH Meter, 3-in-1 Soil Test Kit For Moisture, Light & pH, A Must Have For Home And Garden, Lawn, Farm, Plants, Herbs & Gardening Tools, Indoor/Outdoors Plant Care Soil Tester (No Battery Needed)
- 101 Organic Gardening Hacks: Eco-friendly Solutions to Improve Any Garden
- Camp Granny
- Plant Theatre FUNKY VEG KIT Gift Box - 5 Extraordinary Vegetables to Grow -Everything you need to start growing in one box! Super Grow Kit Gift
- Garden Gloves with Fingertips Claws Quick– Great for Digging Weeding Seeding poking -Safe for Rose Pruning –Best Gardening Tool -Best Gift for Gardeners (Single Claw) (Single Claw)
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
|Succulents: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Designing, and Growing 200 Easy Care Plants (Sunset)
Lowest new price: $16.96
Lowest used price: $17.69
List price: $24.95
Author: Robin Stockwell
Inspiring, practical and richly photographed, this comprehensive guide offers creative ideas and DIY projects using beautiful low-maintenance, water-wise plants Succulents are the ultimate easy-care plant: versatile, effortless to grow both indoors and outdoors, and drought tolerant. From Aloe and Agaves, to Senecio and Taciveria, this handbook by leading garden expert Robin Stockwell highlights 200 of the easiest, most useful, and gorgeous plants, and shares advice on care and cultivation. Readers will find inspiration for imaginative and exciting new ways to use succulents in striking garden designs, containers, vertical walls, and indoor arrangements, as well as step-by-step projects, such as living bouquets and terrarium ornaments.This is the essential reference for landscapers, home gardeners, and anyone looking for a thorough introduction to the perfect plant for modern times.
|The Lean Farm: How to Minimize Waste, Increase Efficiency, and Maximize Value and Profits with Less Work
Lowest new price: $16.78
Lowest used price: $16.00
List price: $29.95
Author: Ben Hartman
Brand: Chelsea Green Pub Co
A practical, systems-based approach for a more sustainable farming operation
To many people today, using the words “factory” and “farm” in the same sentence is nothing short of sacrilege. In many cases, though, the same sound business practices apply whether you are producing cars or carrots. Author Ben Hartman and other young farmers are increasingly finding that incorporating the best new ideas from business into their farming can drastically cut their wastes and increase their profits, making their farms more environmentally and economically sustainable. By explaining the lean system for identifying and eliminating waste and introducing efficiency in every aspect of the farm operation, The Lean Farm makes the case that small-scale farming can be an attractive career option for young people who are interested in growing food for their community. Working smarter, not harder, also prevents the kind of burnout that start-up farmers often encounter in the face of long, hard, backbreaking labor.
Lean principles grew out of the Japanese automotive industry, but they are now being followed on progressive farms around the world. Using examples from his own family’s one-acre community-supported farm in Indiana, Hartman clearly instructs other small farmers in how to incorporate lean practices in each step of their production chain, from starting a farm and harvesting crops to training employees and selling goods. While the intended audience for this book is small-scale farmers who are part of the growing local food movement, Hartman’s prescriptions for high-value, low-cost production apply to farms and businesses of almost any size or scale that hope to harness the power of lean in their production processes.
|Designing with Succulents
Lowest new price: $18.34
Lowest used price: $12.58
List price: $34.95
Author: Debra Lee Baldwin
“Designing with Succulents is inspiring, practical, and complete—a treasure for any gardener who loves these otherworldly beauties.” —Kathleen N. Brenzel, Sunset
Succulents offer dazzling possibilities and require only minimal maintenance and very little water to remain lush and alluring year-round. No one knows them better than the Queen of Succulents, Debra Lee Baldwin.
This new, completely revised second edition of her bestselling classic is a design compendium that is as practical as it is inspirational. Designing with Succulents shares design and cultivation basics; hundreds of succulent plant recommendations; and profiles of 50 easy-care, drought-tolerant companion plants. Lavishly illustrated with 400 photographs, you will find everything you need to visualize, create, and nurture a thriving, water-smart succulent garden.
|Aquaponic Design Plans, Everything You Need to Know: from Backyard to Profitable Business
Lowest new price: $62.94
Lowest used price: $62.88
List price: $24.93
Author: David H Dudley
This 550+ page user-friendly book shows you how to easily produce an abundance of Fresh Organic Produce and Plentiful Healthy Fish. Feed Your Family Healthy Food, Barter and/or Sell Surplus Everything from Beginner Basics to Operating a Profitable Aquaponic Business, Step-by-Step Instructions and SO much more is included in this VALUABLE resource. Expensive university courses and lengthy on-site training workshops which cost thousands of dollars do not provide as much valuable material as presented in this comprehensive user-friendly ‘how-to’ book. This how-to resource consists of three important sections: Included are Aquaponic Design Plans, Instructions & Everything You Need to Know about Aquaponics. In addition, this book will show you how to successfully barter and earn extra money from your aquaponic harvest; and even transition your aquaponic operation into a profitable business. Included within this book are design plans, nearly 400 photos and illustrations which show you how to set up and operate different types of aquaponic systems of any size; and how to scale-up in size to produce even more organic vegetables and fish as you desire grow. This book will provide you with everything you need to know so that you can to easily turn your aquaponics operation into a profitable venture. It also has a real-world aquaponics business plan. This book provides detailed directions to create and maintain different types of aquaponic systems of all sizes so you can consistently feed your family environmentally friendly sustainable healthy organic food, substantially lower your food cost, and even earn extra income.
- Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together
- The Aquaponic Farmer: A Complete Guide to Building and Operating a Commercial Aquaponic System
- The Bio-Integrated Farm: A Revolutionary Permaculture-Based System Using Greenhouses, Ponds, Compost Piles, Aquaponics, Chickens, and More
- The Year-Round Solar Greenhouse: How to Design and Build a Net-Zero Energy Greenhouse
- Hydroponic Food Production: A Definitive Guidebook for the Advanced Home Gardener and the Commercial Hydroponic Grower, Seventh Edition
- Aquaponics: From Beginner to Expert - Hydroponics & Aquaponics Double Book Bundle - Exact Blueprint to Aquaponic & Hydroponic Organic Gardening From ... For Beginners, Hydroponics for Beginners)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Aquaponic Gardening (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback))
- Aquaponics: Simple Guide to Growing Vegetables Using Aquaponics (Aquaponics, aquaponic gardening, aquaponic systems, organic vegetables, vegetable gardening)
- Aquaponics: How to Build Your Own Aquaponic System
- Compact Farms: 15 Proven Plans for Market Farms on 5 Acres or Less; Includes Detailed Farm Layouts for Productivity and Efficiency
|The Garden Primer: Second Edition
Lowest new price: $7.29
Lowest used price: $3.30
List price: $22.95
Author: Barbara Damrosch
Brand: Workman Publishing
The most comprehensive, entertaining, down-to-earth one-volume gardening reference ever, and highly praised:
"Barbara Damrosch delivers the goods."—Chicago Tribune
"Best of the crop."—House Beautiful
"Barbara Damrosch's writing has the snap of a good snowpea and the spice of an old rose."—The Seattle Times/Post Intelligencer
"Covers just about everything you could think of and then some." — The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
"An extraordinarily comprehensive guide." — The San Francisco Examiner-Chronicle
"Takes your soaring visions of garden splendor and plants them firmly in the ground."—The Toronto Star
Now the beloved classic is revised front-to-back. The new edition has gone 100% organic, which in Barbara Damrosch's hands also means completely accessible. It reflects the latest research on plants, soils, tools, and techniques. There is updated and expanded information on planning a garden, recommended plants, and best tools. Ecological issues are addressed much more extensively, covering lawn alternatives, the benefits of native species, wildlife-friendly gardens, and how to avoid harmful invasive species. More attention is paid to plants appropriate to the South, Southwest, and West Coast, while cold-climate gardeners are given detailed advice on how to extend the growing season. Simply put, the book is a richer and fuller compendium than ever before, with more text, more illustrations and garden plans, expanded plant lists, and gardener's resources. But Barbara Damrosch's core of practical, creative ideas and friendly style remain—she is still an "old-fashioned dirt gardener" at heart.
|Sunken Gardens: A Step-by-Step Guide to Planting Freshwater Aquariums
Lowest new price: $15.03
Lowest used price: $15.01
List price: $24.95
Author: Karen A. Randall
Brand: Timber Press OR
The essential guide to creating your own underwater world.
Sunken Gardens is packed with everything you need to plan, design, and maintain a planted freshwater aquarium. Karen Randall shares her years of expertise and makes this enchanting hobby accessible to everyone. You’ll learn everything from the biology of aquatic plants and basic aquarium chemistry to tank maintenance and troubleshooting. Plant profiles highlight the best options for a range of tank situations, and a chapter devoted to aquascaping styles provides basic design principles and inspiring examples. With hundreds of color photographs and clear, reliable advice, Sunken Gardens is an essential introduction to a fascinating pastime.
|Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It ... Garden Anywhere!
Lowest new price: $17.19
Lowest used price: $11.39
List price: $30.00
Author: Tara Nolan
Brand: Cool Springs Press
Raised bed gardening is the fastest-growing garden strategy today, and Raised Bed Revolution is the definitive guidebook to mastering this consistently proven and effective gardening method.
Raised Bed Revolution provides you with information on size requirements for constructing raised beds, height suggestions, types of materials you can use, and creative tips for fitting the maximum garden capacity into small spaces--including vertical gardening.
Enhanced with gorgeous photography, this book covers subjects such as growing-medium options, rooftop gardening, cost-effective gardening solutions, planting tips, watering strategies (automatic water drip systems and hand watering), and more. The process of creating and building raised beds is a cinch, too, thanks to the extensive gallery of design ideas and step-by-step projects.
This gardening strategy is taking serious root. Why? Several reasons:
- Raised beds allow gardeners to practice space efficiency as well as accessibility (the beds can be customized to be any height).
- Raised beds permit gardeners to use their own soil, and they can be designed with wheels for easy portability if partial sunlight is a problem.
- Water conservation is easier for gardeners who use raised beds.
- Pest control is assisted because most garden pests can't make the leap up into the raised bed. For yards that struggle with drainage, raised bed gardening offers a no-brainer solution. Raised beds simply create a more interesting yard!
Find out more about why everyone is joining the raised bed revolution, roll up your sleeves and join in!
- Trellises, Planters & Raised Beds: 50 Easy, Unique, and Useful Projects You Can Make with Common Tools and Materials
- Vertical Gardening: Grow Up, Not Out, for More Vegetables and Flowers in Much Less Space
- All New Square Foot Gardening II: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More in Less Space
- Raised Bed Gardening: Growing Vegetables for Beginners
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
- Building Raised Beds: Easy, Accessible Garden Space for Vegetables and Flowers. A Storey BASICS® Title
- Raised-Bed Gardening: How to grow more in less space
- Black & Decker The Complete Guide to DIY Greenhouses, Updated 2nd Edition: Build Your Own Greenhouses, Hoophouses, Cold Frames & Greenhouse Accessories (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
- Garden Builder: Plans and Instructions for 35 Projects You Can Make
- The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener: How to Grow Your Own Food 365 Days a Year, No Matter Where You Live
|Practical Houseplant Book
Lowest new price: $14.95
Lowest used price: $10.95
List price: $22.95
Author: Zia Allaway
Twelve inspiring projects, plus 200 in-depth plant profiles with detailed useful information and care instructions to help you cultivate and care for your houseplants.
Learn how to choose which plants to use where, care for your houseplants to keep them healthy, and use plants to best effect in your home, with trusted advice, creative inspiration, strong visual aesthetic, and practical step-by-step detail. Two hundred plant profiles provide information and care instructions for a wide variety of plants, including ferns, orchids, and succulents, while a dozen step-by-step photographic projects offer exciting ideas for using plants to decorate your home or greenhouse--from eye-catching terrariums to a living succulent wall to a floating kokedama "string garden." With information on plant care, propagation, pests and diseases, pruning, and problem-solving, The Practical Houseplant Book is the essential guide for indoor gardeners.
|Grow All You Can Eat in Three Square Feet
Lowest new price: $11.53
Lowest used price: $3.98
List price: $22.95
Brand: DK Publishing Dorling Kindersley
Want to grow your own vegetables and food, but don't have enough space for a garden? Don't let lack of space get in the way of growing healthy, organic foods at home. Apartment dwellers, schoolteachers, and anyone else who wants to grow a lot of food in a little space will find a great small garden resource in Grow All You Can Eat in 3 Square Feet.
Small-space gardeners, find your start in Grow All You Can Eat in 3 Square Feet, packed with information on window boxes, potted plants, patio gardening, raised beds, small square-foot gardening, container gardening, and everything else related to growing your own small garden. Whether you want to grow a full garden, grow tomatoes, grow an herb garden, or just pick up great tips for small gardens, Grow All You Can Eat in 3 Square Feet is the resource you need.
- DK Publishing Dorling Kindersley
Page 4 of 436
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.