|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|DIY Hydroponic Gardens: How to Design and Build an Inexpensive System for Growing Plants in Water
Lowest new price: $14.73
Lowest used price: $14.73
List price: $24.99
Author: Tyler Baras
DIY Hydroponic Gardens takes the mystery out of growing in water.
With practical information aimed at home DIYers, author Tyler Baras (Farmer Tyler to his fans) shows exactly how to build, plant, and maintain more than a dozen unique hydroponic systems, some of which cost just a few dollars to make. Growing produce without soil offers a unique opportunity to have a productive garden indoors or in areas where soil is not present.
An expert in hydroponics, Baras has developed many unique and easy-to-build systems for growing entirely in water. In DIY Hydroponic Gardens, he shows with step-by-step photos precisely how to create these systems and how to plant and maintain them. All the information you need to get started with your home hydroponic system is included, from recipes for nutrient solutions, to light and ventilation sources, to specific plant-by-plant details that explain how to grow the most popular vegetables in a self-contained, soilless system.
Even if you live in an area were water is scarce, a hydroponic system is the answer you’ve been looking for. Hydroponic systems are sealed and do not allow evaporation, making water loss virtually nonexistent.
- Hydroponics: Everything You Need to Know to Build Your Own Hydroponic Garden
- Hydroponics 101: The Easy Beginner’s Guide to Hydroponic Gardening. Learn How To Build a Backyard Hydroponics System for Homegrown Organic Fruit, Herbs and Vegetables (Gardening Books) (Volume 2)
- Hydroponics: The Essential Hydroponics Guide: A Step-By-Step Hydroponic Gardening Guide to Grow Fruit, Vegetables, and Herbs at Home
- Hydroponics: The Definitive Beginner’s Guide to Quickly Start Growing Vegetables, Fruits, & Herbs for Self-Sufficiency! (Gardening, Organic Gardening, Homesteading, Horticulture, Aquaculture)
- 25 Pack - 3 inch Net Pots Cz All Star Round Heavy Duty Cups Wide Lip Design - Orchids • Hydroponics Kratky Wide Mouth Mason Jars Slotted Mesh
- How-To Hydroponics, Fourth Edition
- 2 inch Net Pots Cups Heavy Duty Round Wide Rim Design - Orchids Aquaponics Hydroponics Slotted Mesh (Cz Garden All Star – 50 Black)
- Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together
- The Aquaponic Farmer: A Complete Guide to Building and Operating a Commercial Aquaponic System
- Hydroponics: A Simple Guide to Building Your Own Hydroponics Growing System, Organic Vegetables, Homegrow, Gardening at home, Horticulture, Fruits, Herbs, Naturally.
|Aquaponic Design Plans, Everything You Need to Know: from Backyard to Profitable Business
Lowest new price: $24.93
Lowest used price: $23.68
List price: $24.93
Author: David H Dudley
This 550+ page user-friendly book shows you how to easily produce an abundance of Fresh Organic Produce and Plentiful Healthy Fish. Feed Your Family Healthy Food, Barter and/or Sell Surplus Everything from Beginner Basics to Operating a Profitable Aquaponic Business, Step-by-Step Instructions and SO much more is included in this VALUABLE resource. Expensive university courses and lengthy on-site training workshops which cost thousands of dollars do not provide as much valuable material as presented in this comprehensive user-friendly ‘how-to’ book. This how-to resource consists of three important sections: Included are Aquaponic Design Plans, Instructions & Everything You Need to Know about Aquaponics. In addition, this book will show you how to successfully barter and earn extra money from your aquaponic harvest; and even transition your aquaponic operation into a profitable business. Included within this book are design plans, nearly 400 photos and illustrations which show you how to set up and operate different types of aquaponic systems of any size; and how to scale-up in size to produce even more organic vegetables and fish as you desire grow. This book will provide you with everything you need to know so that you can to easily turn your aquaponics operation into a profitable venture. It also has a real-world aquaponics business plan. This book provides detailed directions to create and maintain different types of aquaponic systems of all sizes so you can consistently feed your family environmentally friendly sustainable healthy organic food, substantially lower your food cost, and even earn extra income.
|Practical Houseplant Book
Lowest new price: $8.16
Lowest used price: $10.95
List price: $22.95
Author: Zia Allaway
Twelve inspiring projects, plus 200 in-depth plant profiles with detailed useful information and care instructions to help you cultivate and care for your houseplants.
Learn how to choose which plants to use where, care for your houseplants to keep them healthy, and use plants to best effect in your home, with trusted advice, creative inspiration, strong visual aesthetic, and practical step-by-step detail. Two hundred plant profiles provide information and care instructions for a wide variety of plants, including ferns, orchids, and succulents, while a dozen step-by-step photographic projects offer exciting ideas for using plants to decorate your home or greenhouse--from eye-catching terrariums to a living succulent wall to a floating kokedama "string garden." With information on plant care, propagation, pests and diseases, pruning, and problem-solving, The Practical Houseplant Book is the essential guide for indoor gardeners.
|The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Pest and Disease Control: A Complete Guide to Maintaining a Healthy Garden and Yard the Earth-Friendly Way (Rodale Organic Gardening)
Lowest new price: $10.24
Lowest used price: $8.34
List price: $24.99
Brand: Rodale Press
With growing consumer awareness about the dangers of garden chemicals, turn to The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Pest and Disease Control (by Fern Bradley) as the most reliable and comprehensive guide on the garden shelf. Rodale has been the category leader in organic methods for decades, and this thoroughly updated edition features the latest science-based recommendations for battling garden problems. With all-new photos of common and recently introduced pests and plant diseases, you can quickly identify whether you've discovered garden friend or foe and what action, if any, you should take.
No other reference includes a wider range of methods for growing and maintaining an organic garden. The plant-by-plant guide features symptoms and solutions for 200 popular plants, including flowers, vegetables, trees, shrubs, and fruits. The insect-and-disease encyclopedia includes a photo identification guide and detailed descriptions of damage readers may see. The extensive coverage of the most up-to-date organic control techniques and products, presented in order of lowest impact to most intensive intervention, makes it easy to choose the best control.
- Carrots Love Tomatoes: Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening
- Rodale's Basic Organic Gardening: A Beginner's Guide to Starting a Healthy Garden
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
- Rodale's Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening: The Indispensable Green Resource for Every Gardener (Rodale Organic Gardening)
- The Rodale Book of Composting, Newly Revised and Updated: Simple Methods to Improve Your Soil, Recycle Waste, Grow Healthier Plants, and Create an Earth-Friendly Garden (Rodale Classics)
- Great Garden Companions: A Companion-Planting System for a Beautiful, Chemical-Free Vegetable Garden
- Vertical Gardening: Grow Up, Not Out, for More Vegetables and Flowers in Much Less Space
- Roses Love Garlic: Companion Planting and Other Secrets of Flowers
- The Fruit Gardener's Bible: A Complete Guide to Growing Fruits and Nuts in the Home Garden
|The New Organic Grower, 3rd Edition: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener, 30th Anniversary Edition
Lowest new price: $20.49
List price: $29.95
Author: Eliot Coleman
The Book that Started the Organic Farming Revolution
Since its original publication in 1989, The New Organic Grower has been one of the most important farming books available, with pioneer Eliot Coleman leading the charge in the organic movement in the United States. Now fully illustrated and updated, this 30th Anniversary Edition is a must-have for any agricultural library.
Eliot Coleman’s books and innovative methods have helped innumerable organic farmers build successful farms in deep accordance with nature. The wisdom in this seminal book holds true even as the modern agricultural canon has grown―in large part due to Coleman’s influence as a wise elder with decades of experience. New information has been included in this edition to showcase the new tools and techniques that Eliot has been developing over the last thirty-five years.
Inspired by the European intensive growers, The New Organic Grower, 30th Anniversary Edition, offers a very approachable and productive form of farming that has proven to work well for the earth and its stewards for centuries. Gardeners working on 2.5 acres or less will find this book especially useful, as it offers proof that small-scale market growers and serious home gardeners can live good lives close to the land and make a profit at the same time. The New Organic Grower is ideal for young farmers just getting started, or gardeners seeking to expand into a more productive enterprise.
New material in this edition includes:
- Beautiful color photographs throughout, taken by master gardener and author Barbara Damrosch (Eliot’s wife and co-farmer)
- Updated information throughout on how Eliot’s practices have changed through his experiments over the years
- A new section from Damrosch about incorporating flowers on the small farm
- More information on new tools Eliot has invented that don’t appear in any of his other books
|Hot Color, Dry Garden: Inspiring Designs and Vibrant Plants for the Waterwise Gardener
Lowest new price: $16.10
Lowest used price: $16.32
List price: $24.95
Author: Nan Sterman
Dry weather defines the southwest, and it's getting dryer. As water becomes more precious, our gardens suffer. If we want to keep gardening, we must revolutionize our plant choices and garden practices. Hot Color, Dry Garden provides home gardeners with a joyful, color-filled way to exuberantly garden in low-water conditions. Garden expert Nan Sterman highlights inspiring examples of brilliant gardens filled with water-smart plants. Gardeners will find advice for adding color to the garden, information about designing for structure and texture, and a plant directory that features drought-tolerant plants that dazzle. Hot Color, Dry Garden is a must-have guide for gardeners in the Southwest and other areas affected by drought and low-water conditions.
|The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower's Handbook: Organic Vegetable Production Using Protected Culture
Lowest new price: $25.68
Lowest used price: $21.40
List price: $34.95
Author: Andrew Mefferd
Brand: Chelsea Green Publishing
Best practices for the eight most profitable crops
Today only a few dozen large-scale producers dominate the greenhouse produce market. Why? Because they know and employ best practices for the most profitable crops: tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, peppers, leafy greens, lettuce, herbs, and microgreens. The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower’s Handbook levels the playing field by revealing these practices so that all growers―large and small―can maximize the potential of their protected growing space. Whether growing in a heated greenhouse or unheated hoophouse, this book offers a decision-making framework for how to best manage crops that goes beyond a list of simple do’s and don’ts.
As senior trial technician for greenhouse crops at Johnny’s Selected Seeds, author Andrew Mefferd spent seven years consulting for growers using protected agriculture in a wide variety of climates, soils, and conditions. The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower’s Handbook brings his experience and expertise to bear in an in-depth guide that will help readers make their investment in greenhouse space worthwhile.
Every year, more growers are turning to protected culture to deal with unpredictable weather and to meet out-of-season demand for local food, but many end up spinning their wheels, wasting time and money on unprofitable crops grown in ways that don’t make the most of their precious greenhouse space. With comprehensive chapters on temperature control and crop steering, pruning and trellising, grafting, and more, Mefferd’s book is full of techniques and strategies that can help farms stay profitable, satisfy customers, and become an integral part of re-localizing our food system. From seed to sale, The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower’s Handbook is the indispensable resource for protected growing.
- Compact Farms: 15 Proven Plans for Market Farms on 5 Acres or Less; Includes Detailed Farm Layouts for Productivity and Efficiency
- The Lean Farm Guide to Growing Vegetables: More In-Depth Lean Techniques for Efficient Organic Production
- The Lean Farm: How to Minimize Waste, Increase Efficiency, and Maximize Value and Profits with Less Work
- The Market Gardener: A Successful Grower's Handbook for Small-scale Organic Farming
- The Organic Farmer's Business Handbook: A Complete Guide to Managing Finances, Crops, and Staff - and Making a Profit
- The Farmer's Office: Tools, Tips and Templates to Successfully Manage a Growing Farm Business
- The Winter Harvest Handbook: Year Round Vegetable Production Using Deep-Organic Techniques and Unheated Greenhouses
- The Urban Farmer: Growing Food for Profit on Leased and Borrowed Land
- The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener, 2nd Edition (A Gardener's Supply Book)
- The Bio-Integrated Farm: A Revolutionary Permaculture-Based System Using Greenhouses, Ponds, Compost Piles, Aquaponics, Chickens, and More
|Sunken Gardens: A Step-by-Step Guide to Planting Freshwater Aquariums
Lowest new price: $16.47
Lowest used price: $10.49
List price: $24.95
Author: Karen A. Randall
Brand: Timber Press
The essential guide to creating your own underwater world.
Sunken Gardens is packed with everything you need to plan, design, and maintain a planted freshwater aquarium. Karen Randall shares her years of expertise and makes this enchanting hobby accessible to everyone. You’ll learn everything from the biology of aquatic plants and basic aquarium chemistry to tank maintenance and troubleshooting. Plant profiles highlight the best options for a range of tank situations, and a chapter devoted to aquascaping styles provides basic design principles and inspiring examples. With hundreds of color photographs and clear, reliable advice, Sunken Gardens is an essential introduction to a fascinating pastime.
|Marijuana Harvest: How to Maximize Quality and Yield in Your Cannabis Garden
Lowest new price: $15.87
Lowest used price: $17.69
List price: $24.95
Author: Ed Rosenthal
Brand: QUICK AMERICAN
Marijuana Harvest is the first book devoted entirely to cannabis harvesting. In it, Ed Rosenthal and David Downs explain how to ensure the perfect harvest―everything from recognizing when it’s time to pick, to storage tech-niques to keep your buds fresh.
Ed Rosenthal literally wrote the book on marijuana cultivation with his best-sellingMarijuana Grower’s Handbook.
Marijuana Harvestis the most important cultivation tool of the season. Readers will learn about:
- Flushing: How and when to flush.
- Ripening: The best time to pick.
- Manicuring and Processing: Speed it up with new tools for both hand and machine trimming .
- Drying and Curing: How to avoid mildew and mold contamination.
- Storing: Keeping your buds fresh and potent.
Today, more Americans than ever before have the ability to grow and cultivate marijuana for medical and personal use. Marijuana Harvest teaches cultivators large and small, how to avoid making costly mistakes, identify problems
|The Bio-Integrated Farm: A Revolutionary Permaculture-Based System Using Greenhouses, Ponds, Compost Piles, Aquaponics, Chickens, and More
Lowest new price: $26.22
Lowest used price: $23.75
List price: $39.95
Author: Shawn Jadrnicek
Brand: Chelsea Green Pub Co
The Bio-Integrated Farm is a twenty-first-century manual for managing nature’s resources. This groundbreaking book brings “system farming” and permaculture to a whole new level. Author Shawn Jadrnicek presents new insights into permaculture, moving beyond the philosophical foundation to practical advanced designs based on a functional analysis. Holding his designs to a higher standard, Jadrnicek’s components serve at least seven functions (classical permaculture theory only seeks at least two functions). With every additional function a component performs, the design becomes more advanced and saves more energy.
A bio-integrated greenhouse, for example, doesn’t just extend the season for growing vegetables; it also serves as a rainwater collector, a pond site, an aquaponics system, and a heat generator. Jadrnicek’s prevalent theme is using water to do the work. Although applicable in many climates, his designs are particularly important for areas coping with water scarcity.
Jadrnicek focuses on his experience as farm manager at the Clemson University Student Organic Farm and at his residence in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. These locations lie at the cooler northern edge of a humid subtropical climate that extends west to the middle of Texas and north along the coast to New Jersey. He has created permaculture patterns ranging from raising transplants and field design to freshwater prawn production and composting. These patterns have simplified the operation of the 125-share CSA farm while reducing reliance on outside resources. In less time than it takes to mow his two-acre homestead, Jadrnicek is building a you-pick fruit farm using permaculture patterns. His landscape requires only the labor of harvesting, and the only outside input he buys is a small amount of chicken feed. By carefully engaging the free forces of nature―water, wind, sunlight, convection, gravity, and decomposition―Jadrnicek creates sustenance without maintenance and transforms waste into valuable farm resources.
The Bio-Integrated Farm offers in-depth information about designing and building a wide range of bio-integrated projects including reflecting ponds, water-storage ponds, multipurpose basins, greenhouses, compost heat extraction, pastured chicken systems, aquaculture, hydroponics, hydronic heating, water filtration and aeration, cover cropping, and innovative rainwater-harvesting systems that supply water for drip irrigation and flushing toilets.
Page 4 of 462
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.