|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Diabetic Slow Cooker (Diabetic Living)
Lowest new price: $10.96
Lowest used price: $8.99
List price: $19.99
Author: Diabetic Living Editors
Brand: Diabetic Living Editors
Easy, comforting slow cooker recipes from the experts at Diabetic Living
Diabetic Living magazine is the most trusted source of information on nutrition and wellbeing for diabetics. In this new collection, the editors of the magazine present 150 flavorful, no-fuss recipes for the slow cooker. Every one of these recipes combines delicious flavors with healthy amounts of calories, carbs, and sodium.
These comforting meals cover almost any occasion, from party foods to pastas, and even hot sandwiches like a Classic French dip. Full nutrition information for each one makes sure you're getting the kind of nutrition you need, while an introductory section includes helpful advice and tips on getting the most out of your slow cooker.
- Features 150 recipes with a beautiful full-color photograph of each
- Includes chapters on main dishes; soups, stews, and chilies; party foods; desserts; and more
- Saves time and money with a special ???Cook Once, Eat Thrice??? chapter that lets you prepare something good you can use in three deliciously different meals
For simple, no-mess recipes that let you enjoy mouthwatering meals while managing your diabetes, look no further than this one-of-a-kind cookbook.
|The Heal Your Gut Cookbook: Nutrient-Dense Recipes for Intestinal Health Using the GAPS Diet
Lowest new price: $18.57
Lowest used price: $15.95
List price: $29.95
Author: Hilary Boynton
Brand: Mary G Brackett Hilary Boynton
With more than two hundred straightforward, nutrient-dense, and appealing recipes, The Heal Your Gut Cookbook was created by GAPS Diet experts Hilary Boynton and Mary G. Brackett to help heal your gut and to manage the illnesses that stem from it.
Developed by pioneering British MD Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, who provides the book’s Foreword, Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) refers to disorders, including ADD/ADHD, autism, addictions, depression, and obsessive-compulsive disorder, stemming from or exacerbated by leaky gut and dysbiosis. GAPS also refers to chronic gut-related physical conditions, including celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes type one, and Crohn’s disease, as well as asthma, eczema, allergies, thyroid disorders, and more. An evolution of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, the GAPS Diet will appeal to followers of the Paleo Diet, who are still struggling for optimum health, as well as anyone interested in the health benefits of fermentation or the Weston A. Price approach to nutrition.
In The Heal Your Gut Cookbook, readers will learn about the key cooking techniques and ingredients that form the backbone of the GAPS Diet: working with stocks and broths, soaking nuts and seeds, using coconut, and culturing raw dairy. The authors offer encouraging, real-life perspectives on the life-changing improvements to the health of their families by following this challenging, but powerful, diet.
The GAPS Diet is designed to restore the balance between beneficial and pathogenic intestinal bacteria and seal the gut through the elimination of grains, processed foods, and refined sugars and the carefully sequenced reintroduction of nutrient-dense foods, including bone broths, raw cultured dairy, certain fermented vegetables, organic pastured eggs, organ meats, and more.
The Heal Your Gut Cookbook is a must-have if you are following the GAPS Diet, considering the GAPS Diet, or simply looking to improve your digestive health and―by extension―your physical and mental well-being.
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, Schizophrenia
- GAPS Diet One Pot Delights Cookbook: Delicious Slow Cooker, Stockpot, Skillet & Roasting Pan Recipes
- GAPS Guide 2nd Edition: Simple Steps to Heal Bowels, Body, and Brain
- GAPS Introduction Diet Cookbook: 100 Delicious & Nourishing Recipes for Stages 1 to 6
- Healthy Gut Cookbook: 150 Stage-By-Stage Healing Recipes to improve your digestive health
- Heal Your Gut, Bread Cookbook: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, GAPS Diet, Leaky Gut, Low Carb, Paleo
- Heal Your Gut, Change Your Life: Step by Step Guide to the GAPS Diet + 50 Recipes
- Vegetarianism Explained: Making an Informed Decision
- Internal Bliss - GAPS Cookbook (Recipes designed for those following the Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet)
|The South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss
Lowest new price: $2.89
Lowest used price: $0.94
List price: $8.99
Author: Arthur Agatston M.D.
Brand: St. Martin's Paperbacks
The South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss
The verdict is in: those simple carbs we've been living on are killing us. For good health, we've got to get our blood sugar under control and stop the incessant cravings. Or so says Dr. Arthur Agatston, author of The South Beach Diet. The first half of the book details the science behind the diet. Most of the explanations revolve around why things you thought were healthy—-orange juice, wheat toast, carrots—-are actually evil. To avoid blood sugar surges, Agatston created a modified carbohydrate plan, recommending plenty of high-fiber foods, lean proteins, and healthy fats, while cutting bread, rice, pastas, and fruits. Major differences from other diets include a lack of concern over portion size and a serious indifference to exercise. Feeling full while on a diet is a beautiful thing, but it seems odd that a cardiologist buries his exercise recommendations in a solitary sentence.
The last half of the book covers his three-stage plan; daily diets are mixed with recipes, some of which are from South Beach restaurant chefs. The most restrictive period lasts just two weeks, enough time to stabilize your urges and lose a few pounds; stage two adds fruits and a handful of other carbs, while stage three is meant to last the remainder of your life, with occasional lapses for white bread or birthday cake. While the diet is sound, the book could be better organized. The first half mixes scientific study with anecdote in a seemingly random way, while the mix of meal plans and recipes can be confusing. Still, the recipes are varied and tasty, and you'll never feel deprived, unless you currently happen to live by bread alone. --Jill Lightner
|The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 15 Fundamental Ingredients, 150 Keto Diet Recipes, 300 Low-Carb and High-Fat Variations
Lowest new price: $14.05
Lowest used price: $14.05
List price: $19.99
Author: Megan Flynn Peterson
Start and stay in ketosis with 15 key ingredients from The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
Given the right recipes, following the ketogenic diet doesn’t have to feel difficult or restrictive. Designed with variety and choice in mind, The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook makes it simple to plan meals around naturally low-carb foods and stay in a state of ketosis. With 15 easy-to-find ingredients and tips for hundreds of recipe variations, this cookbook is your key to keeping up with the ketogenic diet.
The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook contains:
- Recipes for 15 Key Keto Ingredients: Eggs, Bacon, Avocado, Dairy, Nuts, Chicken, Beef, Pork, Fish, Shellfish, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Spinach, and Zucchini
- 150 Total Recipes plus 300 low-carb and high-fat variations for adding variety to the diet
- An Introduction to the basics of eating keto, including what foods avoid and what to keep handy in the pantry
Recipes include: Santa Fe Frittata, BLT Wraps, Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu, Keto Meatloaf, Cauliflower Pizza, and much more.
Eat healthier, lose weight, and taste how good a low-carb and high fat diet can be with The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
|Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach: The Fast and Easy Low-FODMAP Diet Plan
Lowest new price: $10.98
Lowest used price: $5.77
List price: $17.95
Author: Danielle Capalino
Brand: Danielle Capalino Barbara Bolen Kathleen Bradley
Beat bloat and discomfort with the scientifically proven, easy-to-follow, low-FODMAP plan.
There are a lot of myths about beating stomach bloat and getting a flat tummy, but the FODMAP approach has been scientifically proven to work for both. FODMAPs are sugars found in certain foods that can be hard to digest, and can cause discomfort, gas, and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) symptoms. Some of the most nutritious foods around are high in these sugars, frustrating people who eat well but still have tummy issues. Apples, garlic, onions, beans, dairy, bread, and cereals are on that list. It may sound complicated or far-fetched but the many converts who have tried the science-supported diet swear by it. In addition to useful everyday advice, the book includes:
40 color photographs
- The differences and similarities between this diet and a gluten-free diet
- 7-day sample menu plan with recipes
- Simple and easy recipes for the basic items you need to adapt to fit into the low-FODMAP diet, including staples like salad dressing, marinade, and dips
- Clear explanations for the science behind the low-FODMAP diet and why it works
- Healthy Gut Flat Stomach The Fast and Easy Low Fodmap Diet Plan
- The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet: A Revolutionary Plan for Managing IBS and Other Digestive Disorders
- The FODMAP Navigator: Low-FODMAP Diet charts with ratings of more than 500 foods, food additives and prebiotics
- Low-Fodmap 28-Day Plan: A Healthy Cookbook with Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS Relief
- The Low-FODMAP Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS and other Digestive Disorders
- The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners: A 7-Day Plan to Beat Bloat and Soothe Your Gut with Recipes for Fast IBS Relief
- The Quiet Gut Cookbook: 135 Easy Low-FODMAP Recipes to Soothe Symptoms of IBS, IBD, and Celiac Disease
- The IBS Elimination Diet and Cookbook: The Proven Low-FODMAP Plan for Eating Well and Feeling Great
- The Flexible FODMAP Diet Cookbook: Customizable Low-FODMAP Meal Plans & Recipes for a Symptom-Free Life
- IBS Slow Cooker Cookbook: 50 Low FODMAP Slow Cooker Recipes To Manage Your IBS Symptoms
- The Low-FODMAP Diet Cookbook: 150 Simple, Flavorful, Gut-Friendly Recipes to Ease the Symptoms of IBS, Celiac Disease, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and Other Digestive Disorders
|The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook: 200 Simple and Delicious Low-Carb Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $1.45
List price: $19.99
Author: Colette Heimowitz
With more than two hundred new recipes to support your healthy, low-carb lifestyle, the New York Times bestselling New Atkins for a New You Cookbook is a must-have guide for anyone who is looking for fresh, delicious ways to lose weight and keep it off for life.
The New Atkins for a New You revolutionized low-carb eating and introduced a whole new approach to the classic Atkins Diet, offering a more flexible and easier-to-maintain lifestyle. But there’s one thing people keep asking for: more Atkins-friendly recipes. And that’s what The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook delivers—it’s the first cookbook to reflect the new Atkins program, featuring thirty-two pages of full-color photographs and hundreds of original low-carb recipes that are:
QUICK: With prep time of thirty minutes or less
SIMPLE: Most use ten or fewer ingredients
ACCESSIBLE: Made primarily with ingredients found in supermarkets
DELICIOUS: You’ll be amazed that low-carb food can be this fresh and tasty!
Atkins is more than just a diet—it’s a healthy lifestyle that focuses on weight management from day one, ensuring that once you take the weight off, you’ll keep it off for good. And The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook features recipes with a broad range of carb counts, providing the perfect plan for a lifetime of healthy eating.
|Ketogenic Cookbook: 500 Easy Low-Carb Weight Loss Recipes
Lowest new price: $18.97
Lowest used price: $30.93
List price: $19.99
Author: Abel Jones
“Adopting a Ketogenic diet could represent one of the greatest nutritional breakthroughs of our time"- Mark Sisson, Ironman Champion & Best-selling fitness author
What if I told you that everything you have ever learned about a "balanced diet" was wrong?
Eating a high-fat diet to lose weight sounds almost too good to be true, yet the Ketogenic diet delivers exactly that.
The Ketogenic Cookbook, one of the most highly anticipated cookbooks of 2017, is set to be the ultimate resource for the growing number of people interested in eating a low-carb, moderate-protein, high-fat diet.
With over 500 easy-to-follow, delicious low carb recipes and a 4-Week Meal Plan, this is the only cookbook you will ever need!
A one-stop shop to the Ketogenic way of life, The Ketogenic Cookbook shows you how to transition to and maintain a whole foods–based ketogenic diet with a key focus on practical strategies—and tons of mouthwatering recipes.
Accelerated fat loss, Increase energy levels, mood stabilization, appetite control, improved mental focus and hormonal balance - these are just a few of the profound benefits you will experience when following the advice in this book
What you get:
Intuitively categorized with a clickable table of contents making it easy to find your favorite dish
- Over 500 delectable recipes
- A 4-Week Meal Plan
- Yes/No color-coded food list - Green, Orange and Red
- Accurate Macronutrient chart of allowed foods
- Practical tools and guidelines to make your high-fat life a breeze
Recipe categories include:
Be sure to click the cover and take a look at the smorgasbord of absolutely delicious recipes contained inside.
- Soups & Stews
- Desserts & Sweet Fat bombs
- Savoury Snacks
The Ketogenic Cookbook will help you gain energy, lose weight, improve your health, and turn you into the ultimate fat-burning machine—all without restricting or even counting calories. You’ll have all the tools you need to fall in love with your body and banish your fear of fat forever!
- The Keto Crock Pot Cookbook: Quick And Easy Ketogenic Crock Pot Recipes For Smart People
- The Keto Crock Pot Cookbook: 5 Ingredients or Less Quick, Easy & Delicious Ketogenic Crock Pot Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals (Keto Crock Pot Series) (Volume 1)
- The Keto Crockpot: Simple Delicious Ketogenic Crock Pot Recipes To Help You Lose Weight Fast (Slow Cooker Cookbook)
- Ketogenic Diet: The Essential Ketogenic Diet Cookbook For Beginners - Delicious Ketogenic Recipes To Help You Lose Weight, Regain Confidence, and Heal Your Body (Ketogenic Cleanse)
- Keto Diet for Beginners: TOP 51 Amazing and Simple Recipes in One Ketogenic Cookbook, Any Recipes on Your Choice for Any Meal Time
- Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 500 Ketogenic Diet Recipes to Cook at Home
- The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 15 Fundamental Ingredients, 150 Keto Diet Recipes, 300 Low-Carb and High-Fat Variations
- Easy Ketogenic Diet Slow Cooking: Low-Carb, High-Fat Keto Recipes That Cook Themselves
- The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence
- The Keto Crock Pot Cookbook: Top 60 Easy To Prepare Keto Recipes For Your Crock Pot (Keto Crock Pot Series) (Volume 1)
|Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
Lowest new price: $8.00
Lowest used price: $2.99
List price: $17.00
Author: Gary Taubes
Brand: Gary Taubes
For decades we have been taught that fat is bad for us, carbohydrates better, and that the key to a healthy weight is eating less and exercising more. Yet despite this advice, we have seen unprecedented epidemics of obesity and diabetes. Taubes argues that the problem lies in refined carbohydrates, like white flour, easily digested starches, and sugars, and that the key to good health is the kind of calories we take in, not the number. Called “a very important book,” by Andrew Weil and …” destined to change the way we think about food,” by Michael Pollan, this groundbreaking book by award-winning science writer Gary Taubes shows us that almost everything we believe about the nature of a healthy diet is wrong.
Don't miss Gary Taubes's latest book, The Case Against Sugar, available now.
- Good Calories Bad Calories Fats Carbs and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
|Healthy Spiralizer Cookbook: Flavorful and Filling Salads, Soups, Suppers, and More for Low-Carb Living
Lowest new price: $13.10
Lowest used price: $8.27
List price: $19.99
Author: Rockridge Press
Brand: Rockridge Press
Finally, a delectable array of healthy and delicious recipes that work with any spiralizer!
Whether you're gluten-free, Paleo, or simply looking to eat healthier meals, you know this for certain: Carbs are out and vegetables are in. This trusty spiralizer cookbook will make it easier than ever to prep and enjoy 101 recipes for flavorful and good-for-you meals that are built around veggies. Here's what's included:
Meals this healthy have never been more fun to make or more delicious to eat.
- Clear instruction on which fruits and vegetables spiralize well--and which don't
- A review of popular spiralizer brands and models, to help those on the fence decide which is best for them
- Recipe icons indicating whether meals can be made with a hand-crank spiralizer (Paderno, Inspiralizer, and more), an hourglass-shaped spiralizer (Vegetti, Brieftons, and more) or both types--and which blade to use for each
- A chapter of spiralizer recipes to satisfy high-carb cravings, from fettuccine alfredo to chow mein
- A chapter of basic condiments, sauces, and dressings to flavor the rainbow of veggies you'll be spiralizing
- Nutritional information included with every recipe, noting calories, fat, cholesterol, total carbs, fiber, and protein
Start noodling today these recipes:
- Fried Eggs with Cheesy Sweet Potatoes
- Beet and Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- Tom Ga Gai with Quick Pickled Cucumber Noodles
- Lemon-Basil Carrot Risotto
- Zoodle Puttanesca
- BLT on Potato Fritters
- Chocolate-Beet Muffins
- Healthy Spiralizer Cookbook Flavorful and Filling Salads Soups Suppers and More for Low Carb Living
- Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals
- Spiralize It!: Creative Spiralizer Recipes for Every Type of Eater
- Inspiralize Everything: An Apples-to-Zucchini Encyclopedia of Spiralizing
- Zoodles Spiralizer Cookbook: A Vegetable Noodle and Pasta Cookbook
- Ninja Precision Processor with Auto-Spiralizer (NN310)
- Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer, Strongest-and-Heaviest Duty, Best Veggie Pasta & Spaghetti Maker for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals, With 3 Exclusive Recipe eBooks
- Brieftons 5-Blade Spiralizer (BR-5B-02): Strongest-and-Heaviest Duty Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Best Veggie Pasta Spaghetti Maker for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free, With Extra Blade Caddy & 3 Recipe Ebooks
- 150 Best Spiralizer Recipes
- Spiralizer: 365 Days of Spiralizer Recipes (Spiralizer Cookbook, Spiralize Book, Skinny Diet, Cooking, Vegan, Salads, Pasta, Noodle, Instant Pot, Low ... Clean Eating, Weight Loss, Healthy Eating)
- The Big 10 Paleo Spiralizer Cookbook: 10 Vegetables to Noodle, 100 Healthy Spiralizer Recipes, 300 Variations
|The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
Lowest new price: $5.99
Lowest used price: $1.24
List price: $28.99
Author: Arthur Agatston
Brand: Arthur Agatston
The bestselling phenomenon continues with the newest South Beach Diet cookbook.
The amazing success of the first three South Beach Diet books has made publishing history with 14 million copies combined - and is still going strong. Millions of people have been turned on to this healthy lifestyle. Followers of the diet have been asking Dr. Agatston for more recipes that are delicious, healthy, and fast, so he's created The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook.
Our time-strapped culture needs an effective plan for eating healthy meals at home again. Dr. Agatston delivers with 200 brand-new recipes that use 10 or fewer ingredients and require 30 minutes or less of cooking time. The cookbook offers a diverse range of healthy, easy dishes in all categories, including 25 all-new chef recipes from Miami-ara restaurants. There are no more excuses for not joining the many others that have made the South Beach Diet work for them.
The sound advice readers count on from the South Beach Diet name will still be featured. The book will provide practical timesaving tips, advice for how to eat well while staying on the plan. Also, phase designations and nutritional information are listed along with each recipe, so you're in control of what you're eating. Illustrated throughout with full-color photography, The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook will be tempting to both believers and newcomers alike.
- South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook
Page 4 of 134
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.