|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The PTSD Workbook for Teens: Simple, Effective Skills for Healing Trauma
Lowest new price: $11.25
Lowest used price: $8.86
List price: $17.95
Author: Libbi Palmer PsyD
Brand: Libbi Palmer
If you have traumatic memories from an extremely upsetting, stressful, or painful experience in your life, you are not alone. In fact, many young people have been exposed to traumatic events. As a result, you might have lingering flashbacks, trouble sleeping, or a constant feeling that you are in danger. These are common symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Based in cognitive behavioral therapy, this user-friendly workbook for teens with PTSD and other trauma-related difficulties will help you work through your experience and make sense of your thoughts and feelings. The book includes worksheets and activities to help you reestablish a sense of safety, gain control over your emotions, make peace with your traumatic experience, and reconnect with a positive sense of self. If you are ready to start recovering from traumatic memories and take back your life, the PTSD Workbook for Teens will show you the way.
- The PTSD Workbook for Teens Simple Effective Skills for Healing Trauma
|Mindfulness Skills for Kids & Teens: A Workbook for Clinicians & Clients with 154 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Worksheets
Lowest new price: $17.51
Lowest used price: $20.09
List price: $29.99
Author: Debra Burdick
Brand: Pesi Publishing Media
Finally -- a comprehensive, practical and user-friendly mindfulness resource written specifically for children and adolescents. Best-selling mindfulness author Debra Burdick has blended the latest research and best practices to create this straight-forward guide for improving self-awareness, self-regulation skills, mental health, and social connectedness in kids and teens. This expertly crafted resource features a collection of more than 150 proven tools and techniques, presented in a simple, step-by-step skill building format. Perfect for mental health practitioners, teachers and all in the helping professions.
*Tools for explaining mindfulness and neurobiology in kids language
*Activities, games, and meditations that build basic through advanced mindfulness skills
*Step-by-step instruction on teaching and practicing mindfulness, meditation and reflection
*Guidance on choosing age appropriate skills
*How to apply mindfulness skills to specific childhood mental health disorders
*Journal prompts to help integrate learning
*Goal-setting charts for tracking progress
*Downloadable worksheets, exercises and reflections
- Mindful Games Activity Cards: 55 Fun Ways to Share Mindfulness with Kids and Teens
- Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients: 111 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Worksheets
- Mindful Games: Sharing Mindfulness and Meditation with Children, Teens, and Families
- Mindful Kids: 50 Activities for Calm, Focus and Peace
- CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents: Over 200 Worksheets & Exercises for Trauma, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression & Conduct Disorders
- ADHD Non-Medication Treatments and Skills for Children and Teens: A Workbook for Clinicians and Parents with 162 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Handouts
- Be Mindful Card Deck for Teens
- The Mindful Teen: Powerful Skills to Help You Handle Stress One Moment at a Time (The Instant Help Solutions Series)
- Self-Regulation and Mindfulness: Over 82 Exercises & Worksheets for Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD & Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Listening to My Body: A guide to helping kids understand the connection between their sensations (what the heck are those?) and feelings so that they can get better at figuring out what they need.
|Childhood and Adolescence: Voyages in Development
Lowest new price: $497.17
Lowest used price: $21.98
List price: $261.95
Author: Spencer A. Rathus
Brand: Cengage Learning
Spencer A. Rathus provides a hands-on approach in the chronologically organized CHILDHOOD AND ADOLESCENCE: VOYAGES IN DEVELOPMENT, Fifth Edition, augments your goal of helping students understand the link between developmental theories and research and their application to everyday life. Using his proven pedagogical approach, interspersed with personal and humorous stories, Rathus makes reading and studying an enjoyable process of discovery. Available with InfoTrac Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Odd Girl Out, Revised and Updated: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls
Lowest new price: $0.49
Lowest used price: $2.41
List price: $14.95
Author: Rachel Simmons
Brand: Mariner Books
REVISED AND UPDATED
WITH NEW MATERIAL ON CYBERBULLYING AND
HELPING GIRLS HANDLE THE DANGERS OF LIFE ONLINE
When Odd Girl Out was first published, it became an instant bestseller and ignited a long-overdue conversation about the hidden culture of female bullying. Today the dirty looks, taunting notes, and social exclusion that plague girls’ friendships have gained new momentum in cyberspace.
In this updated edition, educator and bullying expert Rachel Simmons gives girls, parents, and educators proven and innovative strategies for navigating social dynamics in person and online, as well as brand new classroom initiatives and step-by-step parental suggestions for dealing with conventional bullying. With up-to-the-minute research and real-life stories, Odd Girl Out continues to be the definitive resource on the most pressing social issues facing girls today.
READING GROUP GUIDE AND TEACHER’S GUIDE available at www.marinnerreadersguides.com
- The Curse of the Good Girl: Raising Authentic Girls with Courage and Confidence
- Enough As She Is: How to Help Girls Move Beyond Impossible Standards of Success to Live Healthy, Happy, and Fulfilling Lives
- Queen Bees and Wannabes, 3rd Edition: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boys, and the New Realities of Girl World
- Odd Girl Speaks Out: Girls Write about Bullies, Cliques, Popularity, and Jealousy
- Little Girls Can Be Mean: Four Steps to Bully-proof Girls in the Early Grades
- Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood
- Real Boys: Rescuing Our Sons from the Myths of Boyhood
- The Wonder of Girls: Understanding the Hidden Nature of Our Daughters
- Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys
- No More Mean Girls: The Secret to Raising Strong, Confident, and Compassionate Girls
|Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences
Lowest new price: $10.02
Lowest used price: $6.96
List price: $19.99
Author: Howard Gardner
Brand: Basic Books AZ
The book that revolutionized our understanding of human intelligence.
Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences has been hailed by educators for decades and applied in hundreds of schools worldwide. In Frames of Mind, Gardner challenges the widely held notion that intelligence is a single general capacity possessed by every individual to a greater or lesser extent. Amassing a wealth of evidence, Gardner posits the existence of eight different intelligences, each as important as the next, that comprise a unique cognitive profile for each person. In this updated edition, the author reflects on thirty years of work on Multiple Intelligences theory and practice.
|Be Mindful Card Deck for Teens
Lowest new price: $12.32
Lowest used price: $12.24
List price: $16.99
Author: Gina M. Biegel
Reduce Stress, Improve Self-Care and Find Focus
Be Mindful cards offer you 50 ways to be present to your life as it is actually taking place. These cards help you be in the here and now with less thinking about the past or worrying about the future. You can use these daily mindfulness strategies when you re feeling anxious, moody, angry, or just need to relax.
Perfect to manage your everyday stressors: School demands, worry, sadness, problems with relationships and difficulties paying attention and focusing.
|Girls on the Edge: The Four Factors Driving the New Crisis for Girls--Sexual Identity, the Cyberbubble, Obsessions, Environmental Toxins
Lowest new price: $6.38
Lowest used price: $1.46
List price: $16.99
Author: Leonard Sax
Brand: Leonard Sax
Young women are at risk today. In Girls on the Edge, Dr. Leonard Sax shares stories of girls who look confident and strong on the outside but are fragile within. He shows why a growing proportion of teen and tween girls are confused about their sexual identity and obsessed with grades or Facebook. Sax provides parents with tools to help girls become confident women, along with practical tips on helping your daughter choose a sport, nurturing her spirit through female-centered activities, and more.
- Girls on the Edge The Four Factors Driving the New Crisis for Girls sexual Identity the Cyberbubble Obsessions Environmental Issues
|Assassination Generation: Video Games, Aggression, and the Psychology of Killing
Lowest new price: $5.50
Lowest used price: $6.20
List price: $26.00
Author: Dave Grossman
The author of the 400,000-copy bestseller On Killing reveals how violent video games have ushered in a new era of mass homicide--and what we must do about it.
Paducah, Kentucky, 1997: a 14-year-old boy shoots eight students in a prayer circle at his school. Littleton, Colorado, 1999: two high school seniors kill a teacher, twelve other students, and then themselves. Utoya, Norway, 2011: a political extremist shoots and kills sixty-nine participants in a youth summer camp. Newtown, Connecticut, 2012: a troubled 20-year-old man kills 20 children and six adults at the elementary school he once attended.
What links these and other horrific acts of mass murder? A young person's obsession with video games that teach to kill.
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, who in his perennial bestseller On Killingrevealed that most of us are not "natural born killers" - and who has spent decades training soldiers, police, and others who keep us secure to overcome the intrinsic human resistance to harming others and to use firearms responsibly when necessary - turns a laser focus on the threat posed to our society by violent video games.
Drawing on crime statistics, cutting-edge social research, and scientific studies of the teenage brain, Col. Grossman shows how video games that depict antisocial, misanthropic, casually savage behavior can warp the mind - with potentially deadly results. His book will become the focus of a new national conversation about video games and the epidemic of mass murders that they have unleashed.
|The Adolescent: Development, Relationships, and Culture (13th Edition)
Lowest new price: $139.77
Lowest used price: $10.38
List price: $222.40
Author: Kim Gale Dolgin
For undergraduate courses in Adolescence and Adolescent Development
The Adolescent: Development, Relationships and Culture offers an eclectic, interdisciplinary approach to the study of adolescence, presenting both psychological and sociological viewpoints as well as educational, demographic, and economic data. This text discusses not just one theory on the subject, but many, and outlines the contributions, strengths, and weaknesses of each. The authors also take into consideration current and important topics such as ethnic identity formation, gender issues, the Internet, effects of single-parent families, etc.
The 13th edition of Dolgin is available with MyVirtualTeen! MyVirtualTeen (www.myvirtualteen.com) is an interactive simulation that allows you to raise a virtual child from birth to age 18 and monitor the effects of specific parenting decisions over time, with a specific focus on the teenage years.
Click here for a brief walkthrough video on MyVirtualTeen: www.youtube.com/pearsonpsych. MyVirtualTeen is available to purchase with the textbook, or as a standalone product.
- Updated all statistics
- Added more cross-cultural references
- Expanded section on family closeness and warmth
- New information on sources of parental knowledge about their teens
- New information on decreases in adolescent sexual activity
|"What's Happening to Me?" A Guide to Puberty
Lowest new price: $4.74
Lowest used price: $0.25
List price: $9.95
Author: Peter Mayle
Brand: Lyle Stuart
Discusses the mental and physical changes that take place during puberty.
- Where Did I Come From?
- It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health (The Family Library)
- It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families (The Family Library)
- What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: Revised Edition
- What's Happening to My Body? Book for Girls: Revised Edition
- What's Happening to Me?: Girls Edition
- What's the Big Secret?: Talking about Sex with Girls and Boys
- It's Not the Stork!: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends (The Family Library)
- The Boy's Body Book: Fourth Edition: Everything You Need to Know for Growing Up YOU!
- Guy Stuff: The Body Book for Boys
Page 5 of 363
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.