|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
|Motor Learning and Performance-5th Edition With Web Study Guide: From Principles to Application
Lowest new price: $108.79
Lowest used price: $59.07
List price: $119.00
Author: Richard Schmidt
Motor Learning and Performance: From Principles to Application, Fifth Edition With Web Study Guide, describes the principles of motor performance and learning in a style that is accessible even to students with little or no knowledge of physiology, psychology, statistical methods, and other basic sciences. Constructing an easy-to-understand conceptual model of motor performance along the way, this text outlines the principles of motor skill learning, building a strong understanding of how skills are acquired and perfected with practice and showing students how to apply the concepts to a variety of real-world settings. Incorporating familiar scenarios brings the material to life for students, leading to better retention of information and greater interest in practical application of motor performance and learning in their everyday lives and future careers.
The fifth edition of Motor Learning and Performance features a more streamlined organization, with practice situations integrated directly into chapters rather than appearing at the end of the text, facilitating a stronger link between principles derived from research and practical applications. The addition of author Timothy Lee adds a fresh perspective to the text. Other key changes include the following:
• An improved web study guide offers a principles-to-application exercise and multiple interactive activities for each chapter, ensuring that students will be able to transfer core content from the book to various applied settings.
• A full-color interior provides a more engaging presentation.
• Focus on Research and Focus on Application sidebars deliver more detailed research information and make connections to real-world applications in areas such as teaching, coaching, and therapy.
• Updates to instructor ancillaries feature the addition of lab activities to the instructor guide and new chapter quizzes that assess students’ mastery of the most important concepts covered in the textbook.
• Pedagogical aids such as learning objectives, glossary of terms, and Check Your Understanding questions throughout help students stay on track with learning in each chapter.
Motor Learning and Performance, Fifth Edition, provides optimal student comprehension, offering a strong conceptual understanding of skills and then building on this with the intricacies of skilled motor performance. Part I investigates the principles of human performance, progressively developing a conceptual model of human actions. The focus is mainly on human performance as based on an information-processing perspective. In part II, the text uses the conceptual model to impart an understanding of human motor learning processes. The presentation style remains simple and straightforward for those without extensive backgrounds in motor performance.
The fifth edition of Motor Learning and Performance: From Principles to Application goes beyond simply presenting research, challenging students not only to grasp but also to apply the fundamental concepts of motor performance and learning. The fifth edition is a valuable tool for anyone who appreciates high-level skilled activity or would like to learn more about how such performances occur.
- Human Kinetics Publishers
|Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care
Lowest new price: $65.08
Lowest used price: $65.08
List price: $99.95
Author: Christopher L. Hunter
This timely new edition of Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care brings the reader up to speed with the changing aspects of primary care service delivery in response to the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), the Triple-Aim health approach, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Drawing on research evidence and years of experience, the authors provide practical information and guidance for behavioral health care practitioners who wish to work more effectively in the fast-paced setting of primary care, and provide detailed advice for addressing common health problems such as generalized anxiety disorder, depression, weight issues, sleep problems, cardiovascular disorders, pain disorders, sexual problems, and more. New to this edition are chapters on population health and the PCMH; children, adolescents, and parenting; couples; managing suicide risk; and shared medical appointments.
|Stress Management and Prevention: Applications to Daily Life
Lowest new price: $54.95
Lowest used price: $33.00
List price: $83.95
Author: David D. Chen
Gain a critical understanding of the nature of stress from a positive psychology framework that allows you to look beyond a simple pathology of stress-related symptoms. This new edition of Stress Management and Prevention integrates Eastern and Western concepts of stress while emphasizing an experiential approach to learning through the use of exercises, activities, and self-reflection. This student-friendly text contains chapters on conflict resolution, mindfulness meditation, time management, prevention of health risks, and cognitive restructuring. Included throughout are an emphasis on mindfulness and the neuroscience behind it, more theories, and new techniques for stress reduction and time management. An updated companion website includes even more video-based activities so students can see techniques in practice.
Lowest new price: $130.94
Lowest used price: $80.95
List price: $156.95
Author: Kelly G. Lambert
Blending classic scholarship with exciting new developments in the discipline, Biological Psychology offers a fresh perspective on the brain's interaction with its environment.
* A compelling storytelling approach makes the content accessible and exciting to students
* Behavioral neuroscience mysteries in "Brain Scene Investigation" features engage students at the beginning of each chapter
* "Laboratory Explorations" features integrate research techniques as a part of each chapter so that students can see how different methods apply to various types of research questions
* "Context Matters" features present detailed accounts of research studies in order to demonstrate the varying effects that contextual variables have on specific dependent variables
* Clinical applications provide real-life examples of the neurobiological processes and behaviors discussed in each chapter
|The Brain Warrior's Way: Ignite Your Energy and Focus, Attack Illness and Aging, Transform Pain into Purpose
Lowest new price: $9.18
Lowest used price: $5.95
List price: $18.00
Author: Daniel G. Amen M.D.
New York Times bestselling authors Dr. Daniel Amen and Tana Amen are ready to lead you to victory. . . .
When you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle, every day can feel like a battle. Forces are destroying our bodies and our minds. The standard American diet we consume is making us sick; we are constantly bombarded by the fearmongering news media; and we’re hypnotized by technical gadgets that keep us from our loved ones. Even our own genes can seem like they are out to get us. But you can win the war. You can live your life to the fullest, be your best, and feel your greatest. The key to victory rests between your ears.
Your brain runs your life. When it works right, your body works right, and your decisions tend to be thoughtful and goal directed. Bad lifestyle choices, however, can lead to myriad problems in your body. Studies have shown that your habits turn on or off certain genes that make illness and early death more or less likely. But you can master your brain and body for the rest of your life with a scientifically designed program: the Brain Warrior’s Way.
The Brain Warrior’s Way is your arsenal for winning the fight to live a better life. The Amens will guide you through the process and give you the tools to take control. So if you’re serious about your health, either out of desire or of necessity, it’s time to arm yourself and head into battle.
“Daniel and Tana Amen combine deep insights into science, psychology,and spirituality to create a potent prescription for brain health. If you wantto protect your most important organ, and ultimately become a force forhealing in the world, follow the Brain Warrior’s Way.”—David S. Ludwig,MD, PhD, Professor, Harvard Medical School and Author of the #1 NewYork Times Bestseller Always Hungry?
- The Brain Warrior's Way Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes to Ignite Your Energy and Focus, Attack Illness and Aging, Transform Pain into Purpose
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life (Revised and Expanded): The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Lack of Focus, Anger, and Memory Problems
- Memory Rescue: Supercharge Your Brain, Reverse Memory Loss, and Remember What Matters Most
- Healing Anxiety and Depression: Based on Cutting-Edge Brain Imaging Science
- Stones of Remembrance: Healing Scriptures for Your Mind, Body, and Soul (Memory Rescue Resource)
- Healing ADD Revised Edition: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life Deck
- Bright Minds: Memory Rescue Music
- The Daniel Plan Jumpstart Guide: Daily Steps to a Healthier Life
- The Foundations of Mindfulness: How to Cultivate Attention, Good Judgment, and Tranquility
|Sensation and Perception
Lowest new price: $49.00
Lowest used price: $20.33
List price: $131.00
Author: Bennett L. Schwartz
Item was used a couple times, but is in great condition! Pages are in tact, with no signs or wear, damage or highlights. (FAST LOW-COST SHIPPING!!! SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!!)
|Drugs and the Neuroscience of Behavior: An Introduction to Psychopharmacology
Lowest new price: $93.02
Lowest used price: $76.31
List price: $105.00
Author: Adam Prus
Drugs and the Neuroscience of Behavior: An Introduction to Psychopharmacology, Second Edition by Adam Prus presents an introduction to the rapidly advancing field of psychopharmacology by examining how drug actions in the brain affect psychological processes. The book provides historical background to give readers an appreciation for the development of drug treatments and neuroscience over time, covering major topics in psychopharmacology, including new drugs and recent trends in drug use. Pedagogical features informed by the latest scholarship in teaching and learning are integrated throughout the text to ensure that readers are able to process and understand the material with ease.
|Foundations of Neural Development
Lowest new price: $81.97
Lowest used price: $99.42
List price: $99.95
Author: S. Marc Breedlove
Foundations of Neural Development is a textbook written with a conversational writing style and topics appropriate for an undergraduate audience. Each chapter begins with a thought-provoking vignette, or a "real-life story," that the subsequent material illuminates. The "Researchers at Work" feature, available in every chapter, describes a classic study in detail, taking the reader through the hypothesis, test, result, and conclusion of an experiment. A marginal glossary, review questions, and bulleted summary are a few of the other features in the book. Chapters 1-7 unfold in the order of ontogeny, covering induction, the establishment of a body plan, neural migration, differentiation, axonal pathfinding, synapse formation, and apoptosis. Chapters 8-10 address activity-guided, experience-guided, and socially guided neural development--mechanisms that were crucial for the evolution of the human brain. Lively and engaging, with the finest illustrations, Foundations of Neural Development is the perfect book to help any undergraduate student understand how a single microscopic cell, a human zygote, can develop into the most complex machine on earth, the brain.
For the Student
The Foundations of Neural Development Companion Website contains a range of media and review resources to help students learn the material presented in each chapter of the textbook and to visualize some of the key processes discussed. The site includes the following resources:
* Chapter outlines
* Chapter summaries
* Animations: Detailed animations that cover some of the key processes presented in the textbook.
* Videos: Links to fascinating videos that demonstrate the processes and concepts of neural development.
* Flashcards: An easy way for students to learn and review the key terms introduced in each chapter.
* News Feed: A continuously-updated feed of links to science news articles relevant to neural developmental.
For Instructors (available to qualified adopters)
Instructor's Resource Library
The Foundations of Neural Development Instructor's Resource Library (available to qualified adopters) includes a variety of resources to aid you in the development of your course and the assessment of your students. The IRL includes the following.
* Textbook Figures & Tables: All of the figures (including photos) and tables from the textbook are provided as JPEGs, all optimized for use in presentations. Complex figures are provided in both whole and split versions.
* PowerPoint Presentations: A PowerPoint presentation containing all figures and tables, with titles and full captions, is provided for each chapter.
* Videos: A collection of fascinating segments from BBC programs that illustrate important concepts from the textbook.
* Test Bank: The Test Bank consists of a range of questions covering key facts and concepts in each chapter. Multiple-choice and short-answer questions are included, and all questions are ranked according to Bloom's Taxonomy and referenced to specific textbook sections.
* Computerized Test Bank: The Test Bank is provided in Blackboard's Diploma format (software included). Diploma makes it easy to assemble quizzes and exams from any combination of publisher-provided questions and instructor-created questions. In addition, quizzes and exams can be exported for import into many different course management systems, such as Blackboard and Moodle.
* Course Management System Support: The Test Bank is also provided in Blackboard format, for easy import into campus Blackboard systems. In addition, using the Computerized Test Bank, instructors can easily create and export quizzes and exams (or the entire test bank) for import into other course management systems, including Moodle, Canvas, and Desire2Learn/Brightspace.
|Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience (8th Edition)
Lowest new price: $331.46
Lowest used price: $22.12
List price: $190.20
Author: Neil R. Carlson
For undergraduate junior/senior level courses in Behavioral Neuroscience, Physiology of Behavior, Biopsychology, Human Neuropsychology, or Physiological Psychology.
Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience offers a briefer, sixteen chapter introduction to the foundations of physiology, incorporating the latest studies and research in the rapidly changing fields of neuroscience and physiological psychology. The text uses many human examples, case studies, and MyPsychKit (www.mypsychkit.com) featuring Carlson’s Neuroscience Animations to help make the material interesting and relevant to student readers. Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience is ideal for the instructor who wants a briefer text with a balance of human and animal cases.
|Sleepyhead: The Neuroscience of a Good Night's Rest
Lowest new price: $15.50
Lowest used price: $15.00
List price: $30.00
Author: Henry Nicholls
A narcoleptic's tireless journey through the neuroscience of disordered sleep
Whether it's a bout of bad jet lag or a stress-induced all-nighter, we've all suffered from nights that left us feeling less than well-rested. But for some people, getting a bad night's sleep isn't just an inconvenience: it's a nightmare. In Sleepyhead, science writer Henry Nicholls uses his own experience with chronic narcolepsy as a gateway to better understanding the cryptic, curious, and relatively uncharted world of sleep disorders. We meet insomniacs who can't get any sleep, narcoleptics who can't control when they sleep, and sleep apnea victims who nearly suffocate in their sleep. We learn the underlying difference between morning larks and night owls; why our sleeping habits shift as we grow older; and the evolutionary significance of REM sleep and dreaming. Charming, eye-opening, and deeply humanizing, Sleepyhead will help us all uncover the secrets of a good night's sleep.
Page 2 of 325
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.