|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
|Case Conceptualization and Effective Interventions: Assessing and Treating Mental, Emotional, and Behavioral Disorders (Counseling and Professional Identity)
Lowest new price: $67.49
Lowest used price: $70.00
List price: $80.00
Author: Lynn Zubernis
Brand: Sage Publications Inc
With fully integrated DSM-5 criteria and current CACREP standards, Case Conceptualization and Effective Interventions by Lynn Zubernis and Matthew Snyder examines case conceptualization and effective treatments across the most common disorders encountered in counseling. The comprehensive approach helps readers develop their professional identities as well as their case conceptualization and intervention skills. Each chapter blends current theory and research with case illustrations and guided practice exercises to anchor the material in real-world application. Using an innovative new Temporal/Contextual (T/C) Model, the book provides an easy-to-apply and practical framework for developing accurate and effective case conceptualizations and treatment plans. Case Conceptualization and Effective Interventions is part of the SAGE Counseling and Professional Identity Series, which targets specific competencies identified by CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Programs).
|Applied Behavior Analysis: Principles and Procedures in Behavior Modification
Lowest new price: $86.01
Lowest used price: $77.68
Author: Edward P. Sarafino
Sarafino's goal in Principles and Procedures for ModifyingBehavior is to create a clear and engaging instrument thatdescribes ways to analyze one's own specific behaviors in terms ofthe factors that lead to and maintain them and ways to manage thosefactors to improve the behaviors. The text is based on research,theory, and experiences to explain and provide examples of theconcepts and methods of self-management in a comprehensive text. Itfocuses on topics in applied behavior analysis, behaviormodification, behavior therapy, and psychology of learning.
Two general topics shaped this text: making the book relative toa variety of fields by describing applications in psychology,education, counseling, nursing, and physical therapy and differentacademic levels and preparation. Several important objectivesguided the content and organization of the text which is designedto cover a large majority of tasks or concepts that the BehaviorAnalyst Certification Board (www.bacb.com) has identified as thefield's essential content and should be mastered by all behavioranalysts.
|The Mouse Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates, Compact: The Coronal Plates and Diagrams
Lowest new price: $93.57
Lowest used price: $93.61
List price: $116.00
Author: Keith B.J. Franklin MA PhD
Brand: Academic Pr
The Mouse Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates is the most widely used and cited atlas of the mouse brain in print. It provides researchers and students with both accurate stereotaxic coordinates for laboratory use, and detailed delineations and indexing of structures for reference. The Compact 3rd edition is both a major revision and an expansion of previous compact editions. The 100 high resolution digital photographs of the coronal plane of section from the third full edition now complement the coronal drawings. The photographs of the sections and the intermediate sections are also provided on the accompanying CD. In addition, the compact version has a large introduction on stereotaxic surgery and the use of the atlas in the lab, as well as a number of panoramic simplified diagrams for student instruction. The Compact 3rd edition is in 8.5 x 11 format and is spiral bound suitable for positioning next to microscopes and cryotomes.
- Delineations of 100 coronal diagrams, as fully revised for the 3rd edition
- 100 coronal photographic plates produced from directly scanned very high resolution images of the biological sections (done at the Allen Institute)
- Beginner's guide with 25 pages on how to do stereotaxic surgery, how to use the atlas, including how to match experimental sections against the atlas plates (e.g. what features of the brain change gradually and can be used as guides to location)
- 3 sagittal, 5 coronal and 2 horizontal simplified overview diagrams for students
- Surface views of the brain with labels over the major structures
- Uses the best ontology tree (nomenclature based on the development of the brain) so far constructed with universal application across mammals
- CD providing electronic versions of all diagrams and photographs in different resolutions for downloads
- Paxinos and Franklin's the Mouse Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates
- The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates: Compact
- Vetbond Tissue Adhesive 1469Sb
- 3M Vetbond Tissue Adhesive, 3ml Bottles w/MSDS (3 Bottles)
- Kantek Paper Towel Dispenser, Clear Acrylic, 11.5 x 6.75 x 4.2 Inches (AH190)
- Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain
- Daigger DAI-T34-27-C Assorted Label Tape Pack, 1" Width, 500" Roll Length (Pack of 12)
- Scientific Notebook Company Flush Trimmed, Research Laboratory Notebook, 192 Pages, Smyth Sewn, 9.25 X 11.25, 4x4 Grid (Black)
- Arduino Uno R3 Microcontroller A000066
- Wahl Professional Animal Stylique Trimmer for Dogs Cats and Pet Hair Fur #9951-210
Lowest new price: $73.60
Lowest used price: $22.51
List price: $147.54
Author: Catherine A. Sanderson
The 2nd Edition of Catherine Sanderson's Health Psychology targets the mainstream health psychology market and offers a broad appeal through its narrative that is both challenging for psychology majors and accessible to non-majors. This book provides current and relevant information while providing a foundation in scientific research and critical and analytical thinking. The book emphasizes practical and real-world issues.
Additionally, this text includes a focus on current ethical issues in health; expanded coverage of international health; increased emphasis on critical thinking and analysis; coverage of specific topics such as complementary and alternative medicine, accidents as a cause of death, and the role of ethnicity and gender in influencing health behavior; an emphasis on practical information; and updated coverage of all material which is particularly important in the field of health psychology given the dramatic advances in knowledge about the factors that influence physical well-being during the last five years.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Body Remembers Volume 2: Revolutionizing Trauma Treatment
Lowest new price: $25.45
Lowest used price: $30.34
List price: $35.00
Author: Babette Rothschild
Challenging the notion that clients with PTSD must revisit, review, and process their memories to recover from trauma.
The Body Remembers, Volume 2: Revolutionizing Trauma Treatment continues the discussion begun more than fifteen years ago with the publication of the best-selling and beloved The Body Remembers: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and Trauma Treatment.
This new book is grounded in the belief that the most important goal for any trauma treatment is to improve the quality of life of the client. Therefore, the first prerequisite is that the client be reliably stable and feel safe in his or her daily life as well as the therapy situation.
To accomplish this, Babette Rothschild empowers both therapists and clients by expanding trauma treatment options. For clients who prefer not to review memories, or are unable to do so safely, new and expanded strategies and principles for trauma recovery are presented. And for those who wish to avail themselves of more typical trauma memory work, tools to make trauma memory resolution even safer are included.
Being able to monitor and modulate a trauma client’s dysregulated nervous system is one of the practitioner’s best lines of defense against traumatic hyperarousal going amok―risking such consequences as dissociation and decompensation. Rothschild clarifies and simplifies autonomic nervous system (ANS) understanding and observation with her creation of an original full color table that distinguishes six levels of arousal. Included in this table (and the discussion that accompanies it) is a new and essential distinction between trauma-induced hypoarousal and the low arousal that is caused by lethargy or depression.
The full color ANS table is also available from W.W. Norton as a laminated desk reference and a wall poster suitable for framing so this valuable therapeutic tool will always be at hand.
Principles and theory come alive through multiple demonstration therapy transcripts that illustrate:
- Stabilizing a new client who consistently dissociates due to persistent trauma flashbacks
- Clarifying and keeping therapeutic contracts
- Identifying and implementing hidden somatic resources for stabilization
- Easing transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2 trauma treatment via trauma memory outlining
- Utilizing good memories and somatic markers as antidotes to traumatic memory
Combining an authoritative yet personal voice, Rothschild gives clinicians the space to recognize where they may have made mistakes―by sharing her own!―as well as a road map toward more effective practice in the future. This book is absolutely essential reading for anyone working with those who have experienced trauma. Tri-fold color insert
|The Truth About Love: The Highs, the Lows, and How You Can Make It Last Forever
Lowest new price: $5.00
Lowest used price: $0.10
List price: $15.99
Author: Dr. Patricia Love
Brand: Brand: Fireside
Don't break up before the breakthrough!
Have you ever believed that you have fallen out of love, or said "I still love him but I'm not IN LOVE anymore?" In this groundbreaking guide to the physiology and psychology of lasting love, Dr. Pat Love reveals that love has normal, predictable stages that include highs and lows, and that many couples mistake the lows for the end of love. The Truth About Love is an inspiring, practical guide that will teach you how not to break up before the breakthrough realization: You can create the true love you long for with the partner you already have.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Principles of Mental Physiology: With their Applications to the Training and Discipline of the Mind, and the Study of its Morbid Conditions (Cambridge Library Collection - History of Medicine)
Lowest new price: $62.00
Lowest used price: $82.06
List price: $72.00
Author: William Benjamin Carpenter
William Carpenter (1813-85) was trained as a doctor; he was apprenticed to an eye surgeon, and later attended University College London and the University of Edinburgh, obtaining his M. D. in 1839. Rather than practising medicine, he became a teacher, specialising in neurology, and it was his work as a zoologist on marine invertebrates that brought him wide scientific recognition. His Principles of Mental Physiology, published in 1874, developed the ideas he had first expounded in the 1850s, and expounds the arguments for and against the two models of psychology then current - automatism, which assumed that the mind operates under the control of the physiology of the body for all human activity, and free will, 'an independent power, controlling and directing that activity.' Drawing on animal as well as human examples, his arguments, especially on the acquisition of mental traits in the individual, are much influenced by Darwin.
|Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind (2nd Edition)
Lowest new price: $213.08
Lowest used price: $24.89
List price: $116.60
Author: David Buss
Written by well-known author and researcher, David Buss, this is the premier and original text for the burgeoning field of Evolutionary Psychology. Thoroughly revised, this text provides a comprehensive overview of the field in a book that is enormously successful. Engaging Writing style. KEY TOPICS: Survival, mating, relationships. MARKET: Evolutionary Psychology.
|Foundations of Neural Development
Lowest new price: $68.94
Lowest used price: $68.04
List price: $99.95
Author: S. Marc Breedlove
Foundations of Neural Development is a textbook written with a conversational writing style and topics appropriate for an undergraduate audience. Each chapter begins with a thought-provoking vignette, or a "real-life story," that the subsequent material illuminates. The "Researchers at Work" feature, available in every chapter, describes a classic study in detail, taking the reader through the hypothesis, test, result, and conclusion of an experiment. A marginal glossary, review questions, and bulleted summary are a few of the other features in the book. Chapters 1-7 unfold in the order of ontogeny, covering induction, the establishment of a body plan, neural migration, differentiation, axonal pathfinding, synapse formation, and apoptosis. Chapters 8-10 address activity-guided, experience-guided, and socially guided neural development--mechanisms that were crucial for the evolution of the human brain. Lively and engaging, with the finest illustrations, Foundations of Neural Development is the perfect book to help any undergraduate student understand how a single microscopic cell, a human zygote, can develop into the most complex machine on earth, the brain.
For the Student
The Foundations of Neural Development Companion Website contains a range of media and review resources to help students learn the material presented in each chapter of the textbook and to visualize some of the key processes discussed. The site includes the following resources:
* Chapter outlines
* Chapter summaries
* Animations: Detailed animations that cover some of the key processes presented in the textbook.
* Videos: Links to fascinating videos that demonstrate the processes and concepts of neural development.
* Flashcards: An easy way for students to learn and review the key terms introduced in each chapter.
* News Feed: A continuously-updated feed of links to science news articles relevant to neural developmental.
For Instructors (available to qualified adopters)
Instructor's Resource Library
The Foundations of Neural Development Instructor's Resource Library (available to qualified adopters) includes a variety of resources to aid you in the development of your course and the assessment of your students. The IRL includes the following.
* Textbook Figures & Tables: All of the figures (including photos) and tables from the textbook are provided as JPEGs, all optimized for use in presentations. Complex figures are provided in both whole and split versions.
* PowerPoint Presentations: A PowerPoint presentation containing all figures and tables, with titles and full captions, is provided for each chapter.
* Videos: A collection of fascinating segments from BBC programs that illustrate important concepts from the textbook.
* Test Bank: The Test Bank consists of a range of questions covering key facts and concepts in each chapter. Multiple-choice and short-answer questions are included, and all questions are ranked according to Bloom's Taxonomy and referenced to specific textbook sections.
* Computerized Test Bank: The Test Bank is provided in Blackboard's Diploma format (software included). Diploma makes it easy to assemble quizzes and exams from any combination of publisher-provided questions and instructor-created questions. In addition, quizzes and exams can be exported for import into many different course management systems, such as Blackboard and Moodle.
* Course Management System Support: The Test Bank is also provided in Blackboard format, for easy import into campus Blackboard systems. In addition, using the Computerized Test Bank, instructors can easily create and export quizzes and exams (or the entire test bank) for import into other course management systems, including Moodle, Canvas, and Desire2Learn/Brightspace.
|Discovering Biological Psychology (PSY 381 Physiological Psychology)
Lowest new price: $71.00
Lowest used price: $31.00
List price: $239.95
Author: Laura Freberg
Brand: Cengage Learning
With its comprehensive, authoritative coverage and student-centered pedagogy, DISCOVERING BIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY, 2nd Edition is ideal for a broad range of students taking a beginning undergraduate course in biological or physiological psychology. The book provides a foundational understanding of the structure and function of the nervous system and its relationship to both typical and disordered human behavior. Written by an author with nearly 30 years of teaching experience at schools ranging from community colleges to the Ivy League, this text presents classic concepts, current topics, and cutting-edge research in a style that is both accessible to beginning and less-prepared students and appealing to students with stronger backgrounds. As a result, the book allows instructors to teach a rigorous course that does not oversimplify the material, while keeping students excited and engaged. Reviewers have praised the text's clear narrative, high-interest examples, pedagogy, and purposeful art program. The Second Edition is supported by a comprehensive and contemporary media package that includes animations, videos, lectures and an image gallery on Microsoft PowerPoint slides, student response system content, and a time-saving online homework and course management system.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 4 of 325
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.