|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Psychology Testing & Measurement
|Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy
Lowest new price: $57.53
Lowest used price: $51.71
List price: $70.00
Author: Irvin D. Yalom
Brand: Irvin D Yalom
The classic work on group psychotherapy
Hailed by Jerome Frank as "the best book that exists on the subject," Irvin D. Yalom's The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy has been the standard text in the field for decades.
In this completely revised and updated fifth edition, Dr. Yalom and his collaborator Dr. Molyn Leszcz expand the book to include the most recent developments in the field, drawing on nearly a decade of new research as well as their broad clinical wisdom and expertise.
New topics include: online therapy, specialized groups, ethnocultural diversity, trauma and managed care.
At once scholarly and lively, this is the most up-to-date, incisive, and comprehensive text available on group psychotherapy.
|Handbook of Psychological Assessment
Lowest new price: $89.70
Lowest used price: $86.50
List price: $125.00
Author: Gary Groth-Marnat
Organized according to the sequence mental health professionals follow when conducting an assessment, Groth-Marnat’s Handbook of Psychological Assessment, Sixth Edition covers principles of assessment, evaluation, referral, treatment planning, and report writing. Written in a practical, skills-based manner, the Sixth Edition provides guidance on the most efficient methods for selecting and administering tests, interpreting assessment data, how to integrate test scores and develop treatment plans as well as instruction on ways to write effective, client-oriented psychological reports.
This text provides through coverage of the most commonly used assessment instruments including the Wechsler Intelligence Scales, Wechsler Memory Scales, Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Personality Assessment Inventory, Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory, NEO Personality, Rorschach, Thematic Apperception Test, and brief assessment instruments for treatment planning, monitoring, and outcome assessment.
|MMPI-2: Assessing Personality and Psychopathology
Lowest new price: $140.35
Lowest used price: $155.00
List price: $174.95
Author: John R. Graham
The MMPI-2 is the most widely used personality test in the U.S. and around the world. It is employed in mental health settings, medical centers, and correctional programs, and is frequently admitted as evidence in legal proceedings. In addition, the MMPI-2 is widely used in screening applicants for jobs that involve public trust and safety.
The fifth edition of MMPI-2: Assessing Personality and Psychopathology describes effective uses of all aspects of the MMPI-2 and explains how to accurately interpret test results.
Current and comprehensive, it presents detailed instructions for administering and scoring the MMPI-2 and discusses using the MMPI-2 with such diverse population groups as older adults, ethnic minorities, medical patients, and prisoners. It provides guidelines for interpreting the test's Validity, Clinical Content, and Supplementary scales, illustrating points with case studies and examples.
The book also covers the Restructured Clinical (RC) scales, which help focus the interpretation of the original Clinical scales, and the Personality Psychopathology 5 (PSY-5) scales, which assess major dimensions of normal and abnormal personality.
- Oxford University Press USA
|Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals (8th Edition) (Merrill Counselling)
Lowest new price: $141.33
Lowest used price: $135.73
List price: $158.20
Author: Robert J. Drummond
Since its first publication in 1988, Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals has become a classic among assessment textbooks designed specifically for aspiring counselors. Now in its Eighth Edition the text includes extensive changes to content and updating throughout, while maintaining its popular, easy-to-read format and continuing emphasis on assessment information that is most useful and relevant for school counselors, marriage and family therapists, mental health counselors, and other helping professionals. Throughout the text, readers learn the essential topics; see clearly how the elements of assessment interact; apply the material to the major instruments used in counseling; reinforce learning through discussion questions and activities; and get invaluable information and examples about widely used assessment instruments in order to become familiar with these well-known tests.
|Functional Behavioral Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment, Third Edition: A Complete System for Education and Mental Health Settings
Lowest new price: $63.80
Lowest used price: $29.16
List price: $85.00
Author: Ennio Cipani PhD
Featuring a highly interactive approach, this text is noted for its exceptionally clear and thorough coverage of how to conduct a functional behavioral assessment (FBA) through various assessment methods, how to diagnose the function of problem behaviors, and how to select a behavioral intervention that addresses the diagnosed function. The development of requisite behavior-analytic skills is aided by utilizing many “real-life” and hypothetical cases that represent common scenarios in applied settings.
- Interactive approach, icons in the text alert readers to review related narrated online lectures highlighting FBAs and treatments and complete assignments embedded in text.
- Numerous cases, many based on the author’s clinical experiences in working with children and adults in educational and mental health settings, provide a realistic look at applied behavior analysis.
- Forms, interview protocols, and intervention plans illustrate the process of creating behavior plans from collected assessment data.
- A pioneering classification system for categorizing the function of problem behavior (Cipani BCS).
- Cases that model the process of assessment, classification, and treatment used in an FBA allow readers to role-play and develop presentation and classification skills.
New to this edition:
- Chapter objectives and BACB Tasks that match the content to be covered with objectives from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) task list help readers master some of the skills required of behavior analysts.
- Assignments and discussion items with associated narrated PowerPoint lectures to further engage readers.
- Simulation Exercises to actively involve readers in collecting data, conducting an assessment, demonstrating the use of a function, or observing how to “shape” an alternate behavior.
- Self-Assessment exercises to help readers test their understanding of the content.
- The Cipani EO School Behavioral Interview Rating System to help in conducting interviews.
- The Cipani Replacement Function Classification System for determining the strength of replacement behaviors.
- Online instructor’s resources including test items tied to the chapter objectives, chapter PowerPoints with assignments, a course syllabus builder, and What to Read if You Used the Second Edition (Conversion Guide).
- Online student resources including narrated PowerPoints and video lectures.
An ideal text for courses in (applied) behavior analysis, behavioral or emotional assessment or management, child psychopathology, or developmental disabilities taught in school psychology, special education, behavior analysis, psychology, or social work; anyone who assesses and treats patients with challenging behaviors will also appreciate this book.
|Helping Skills: Facilitating Exploration, Insight, and Action
Lowest new price: $52.14
Lowest used price: $46.47
List price: $79.95
Author: Dr. Clara E. Hill PhD
This fourth edition of Clara E. Hill’s popular textbook updates her comprehensive exploration of basic helping skills for undergraduate and first-year graduate students. Hill’s three-stage model of helping clients involves exploration, insight, and action. Each stage is described in depth, including the theoretical foundations, goals, and helper skills involved. General principles for ethical practice are also discussed, along with important cultural issues. New material in this edition includes chapters on self-awareness and cultural awareness, a glossary, additional methods for challenging clients, and summaries of empirical studies. A companion website offers additional resources for students and instructors.
|Psychological Testing: Principles, Applications, and Issues
Lowest new price: $88.36
Lowest used price: $84.89
List price: $179.95
Author: Robert M. Kaplan
PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING: PRINCIPLES, APPLICATIONS, AND ISSUES, Ninth Edition explains the fundamentals of psychological testing, their important applications, and the controversies that emerge from those applications in clinical, education, industrial, and legal settings. Kaplan and Saccuzzo's engaging and thorough text demonstrates how psychological tests are constructed and used, both in a professional setting and in everyday lives. Part I focuses on the core concepts that affect the evaluation of all tests. Part II discusses the major types of psychological tests, while Part III looks at present-day issues affecting testing such as stereotype threat, bias, laws, and ethics. A multitude of test profiles and sample items illustrate how psychological testing is used and reported. Real-life case studies demonstrate the uses and misuses of psychological testing, while "Technical Example" boxes help you understand complex statistical concepts.
|Essentials of Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $18.01
Lowest used price: $21.52
List price: $55.00
Author: David A. Kilpatrick
Practical, effective, evidence-based reading interventions that change students' lives
Essentials of Understanding and Assessing Reading Difficulties is a practical, accessible, in-depth guide to reading assessment and intervention. It provides a detailed discussion of the nature and causes of reading difficulties, which will help develop the knowledge and confidence needed to accurately assess why a student is struggling. Readers will learn a framework for organizing testing results from current assessment batteries such as the WJ-IV, KTEA-3, and CTOPP-2. Case studies illustrate each of the concepts covered. A thorough discussion is provided on the assessment of phonics skills, phonological awareness, word recognition, reading fluency, and reading comprehension. Formatted for easy reading as well as quick reference, the text includes bullet points, icons, callout boxes, and other design elements to call attention to important information.
Although a substantial amount of research has shown that most reading difficulties can be prevented or corrected, standard reading remediation efforts have proven largely ineffective. School psychologists are routinely called upon to evaluate students with reading difficulties and to make recommendations to address such difficulties. This book provides an overview of the best assessment and intervention techniques, backed by the most current research findings.
- Bridge the gap between research and practice
- Accurately assess the reason(s) why a student struggles in reading
- Improve reading skills using the most highly effective evidence-based techniques
Reading may well be the most important thing students are taught during their school careers. It is a skill they will use every day of their lives; one that will dictate, in part, later life success. Struggling students need help now, and Essentials of Understanding and Assessing Reading Difficulties shows how to get these students on track.
|The Psychiatric Interview
Lowest new price: $43.53
Lowest used price: $27.99
List price: $66.99
Author: Daniel Carlat
Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Now DSM-5 updated!
Using a unique and effective combination of mnemonics, practical techniques, and phrasing examples that illustrate the nuances of the interviewing process, The Psychiatric Interview, 4th Edition
helps you establish a rapport with patients and gain valuable clinical insights. Now updated to incorporate the DSM-5 and current research, this popular manual teaches you how to improve your interviewing skills, breaking down this complex area into concise information you can put to use immediately in your practice.
- Offers a practical, concise approach to the psychiatric interview, filled with tips and pearls to develop confidence in interviewing.
- Uses mnemonics and pocket cards to help you understand and remember key elements of the effective interview.
- Brings you up to speed with the DSM-5 and current research, including changes in diagnosing dementia, substance abuse, eating disorders, ADHD, and more.
- Provides clear techniques for approaching threatening topics, and shows how relationships that are endangered can be repaired.
- Presents information in an engaging, conversational manner, helping you form an alliance with each patient in order to promote cooperation and effective treatment.
- Ideal for psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, nurse practitioners, or other mental health professionals.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
- Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry
- Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse, Second Edition: A How-To Guide for Evidence-Based Practice
- Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications
- Prescriber's Guide: Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology
- The Four-Minute Neurologic Exam (Made Ridiculously Simple)
- Psychiatric Interviewing: The Art of Understanding: A Practical Guide for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, and Other ... Professionals, with online video modules
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing, Second Edition: Integrating Psychotherapy, Psychopharmacology, and Complementary and Alternative Approaches Across the Life Span
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health: A Resource for Advanced Practice Psychiatric and Primary Care Practitioners in Nursing
- Psychiatric Interview of Children and Adolescents
- Psychopharmacology: Drugs, the Brain, and Behavior
|Essentials of WISC-V Assessment (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $27.78
Lowest used price: $27.77
List price: $55.00
Author: Dawn P. Flanagan
Brand: WILEY ACADEMIC
The comprehensive reference for informative WISC-V assessment
Essentials of WISC-V Assessmentprovides step-by-step guidance for administering, scoring, and interpreting the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V). Packed with practical tips for more accurate assessment, this informative guide includes numerous case studies that illustrate a range of real-world issues. Special attention is devoted to the assessment of individuals who have significant learning difficulties, such as learning disabilities, and who speak English as a second language. The WISC-V is a valuable assessment tool, but it must be administered and scored appropriately to gain meaning from score interpretation. This book gives you an in-depth understanding of the WISC-V assessment and interpretive process to assist practitioners in:
- Conducting efficient and informative WISC-V assessments
- Utilizing WISC-V in cross-battery and neuropsychological assessment
- Applying WISC-V in the identification of specific learning disabilities
- Utilizing WISC-V in nondiscriminatory assessment of English language learners
- Writing theory-based WISC-V reports
- Linking WISC-V findings to interventions based on individual performance
As the world's most widely-used intelligence test for children, the WISC-V is useful in diagnosing intellectual disabilities and specific learning disabilities, as well as in identifying giftedness. In this volume, sample reports demonstrate how WISC-V assessment results may be linked to interventions, accommodations, modifications, and compensatory strategies that facilitate positive outcomes for children. Essentials of WISC-V Assessment is the all-in-one practical resource for both students and practitioners. The book can be used on its own or with companion software (purchased separately) that provides a user-friendly tool for producing psychometrically and theoretically defensible interpretations of WISC-V performance, and may be used to develop interventions based on each child's strengths and weaknesses.
Page 1 of 327
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.