|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Psychology Testing & Measurement
|Essentials of Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $27.00
Lowest used price: $29.00
List price: $55.00
Author: David A. Kilpatrick
Brand: Kilpatrick David A
Practical, effective, evidence-based reading interventions that change students' lives
Essentials of Understanding and Assessing Reading Difficulties is a practical, accessible, in-depth guide to reading assessment and intervention. It provides a detailed discussion of the nature and causes of reading difficulties, which will help develop the knowledge and confidence needed to accurately assess why a student is struggling. Readers will learn a framework for organizing testing results from current assessment batteries such as the WJ-IV, KTEA-3, and CTOPP-2. Case studies illustrate each of the concepts covered. A thorough discussion is provided on the assessment of phonics skills, phonological awareness, word recognition, reading fluency, and reading comprehension. Formatted for easy reading as well as quick reference, the text includes bullet points, icons, callout boxes, and other design elements to call attention to important information.
Although a substantial amount of research has shown that most reading difficulties can be prevented or corrected, standard reading remediation efforts have proven largely ineffective. School psychologists are routinely called upon to evaluate students with reading difficulties and to make recommendations to address such difficulties. This book provides an overview of the best assessment and intervention techniques, backed by the most current research findings.
- Bridge the gap between research and practice
- Accurately assess the reason(s) why a student struggles in reading
- Improve reading skills using the most highly effective evidence-based techniques
Reading may well be the most important thing students are taught during their school careers. It is a skill they will use every day of their lives; one that will dictate, in part, later life success. Struggling students need help now, and Essentials of Understanding and Assessing Reading Difficulties shows how to get these students on track.
- Essentials of Assessing Preventing and Overcoming Reading Difficulties
|The 10-Step Depression Relief Workbook: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approach
Lowest new price: $11.85
Lowest used price: $12.24
List price: $16.99
Author: Simon Rego PsyD
Defeat depression in 10-steps with CBT-focused exercises from the Depression Relief Workbook.
CBT therapy is an effective, evidence-based method to take control of your depression. In the Depression Relief Workbook, Dr. Simon Rego, a professor and expert in CBT therapy with over 20 years of experience treating depression, teams up with mental health advocate and CEO of Stigma Fighters, Sarah Fader, to break CBT therapy down into an easy-to-follow personalized program to help you heal from depression. Offering guidance and support, the Depression Relief Workbook gives you a practical and straightforward 10-step strategy to fight depression and keep it from coming back.
Inside the Depression Relief Workbook you’ll find:
- A Personal Plan providing guidance and relief for anyone suffering from mild to moderate depression, for use on their own, or in tandem with a larger therapy program
- A 10-Step Strategy to Get Better applying the most effective tools of CBT therapy to understand, identify, and break negative thought patterns
- Life Changing Exercises helping you define, combat, and overcome depression through activities, worksheets, questionnaires, and opportunities for reflection
“In The 10-Step Depression Relief Workbook, Dr. Rego and Ms. Fader have taken the best of what decades of research on clinical treatment of depression has to offer and developed an accessible self-help program that will be useful not only to individuals experiencing depression, but also by practitioners looking for a helpful clinical supplement for their clients.”―Christopher R. Martell, Ph.D., Co-Author of Overcoming Depression One Step at a Time
- The Anxiety Workbook: A 7-Week Plan to Overcome Anxiety, Stop Worrying, and End Panic
- The Anxiety and Worry Workbook: The Cognitive Behavioral Solution
- Retrain Your Brain: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks: A Workbook for Managing Depression and Anxiety
- Activating Happiness: A Jump-Start Guide to Overcoming Low Motivation, Depression, or Just Feeling Stuck
- The Self-Esteem Workbook
- The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression: A Step-by-Step Program
- CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents: Over 200 Worksheets & Exercises for Trauma, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression & Conduct Disorders
- Mindful Relationship Habits: 25 Practices for Couples to Enhance Intimacy, Nurture Closeness, and Grow a Deeper Connection
- CBT Worksheets: CBT Worksheets for CBT therapists in training: Formulation worksheets, Padesky hot cross bun worksheets, thought records, thought ... worksheets and CBT handouts all in one book.
- How to Be Happy (Or at Least Less Sad): A Creative Workbook
|Handbook of Psychological Assessment
Lowest new price: $72.18
Lowest used price: $50.00
List price: $125.00
Author: Gary Groth-Marnat
Organized according to the sequence mental health professionals follow when conducting an assessment, Groth-Marnat’s Handbook of Psychological Assessment, Sixth Edition covers principles of assessment, evaluation, referral, treatment planning, and report writing. Written in a practical, skills-based manner, the Sixth Edition provides guidance on the most efficient methods for selecting and administering tests, interpreting assessment data, how to integrate test scores and develop treatment plans as well as instruction on ways to write effective, client-oriented psychological reports.
This text provides through coverage of the most commonly used assessment instruments including the Wechsler Intelligence Scales, Wechsler Memory Scales, Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Personality Assessment Inventory, Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory, NEO Personality, Rorschach, Thematic Apperception Test, and brief assessment instruments for treatment planning, monitoring, and outcome assessment.
|Clinician's Thesaurus, 7th Edition: The Guide to Conducting Interviews and Writing Psychological Reports
Lowest new price: $52.99
Lowest used price: $34.49
List price: $62.00
Author: Edward L. Zuckerman
Brand: Edward L Zuckerman
With over 350,000 in print, the Clinician's Thesaurus is an indispensable practitioner resource and course text. It presents thousands of standard words, phrases, clinical tips, and interview questions to help practitioners conduct thorough assessments, accurately describe nearly any clinical situation, and shape clinical observations into effective reports. Finding exactly the right terminology can save hours of paperwork time and improve the quality of documentation. Structured to follow the sequence of a mental health evaluation, the book includes report formats, treatment planning pointers, all DSM-IV-TR and ICD-9-CM diagnostic codes, and much more--all in a large-size format with convenient lay-flat binding.
New to This Edition
*References, resources, and diagnostic and treatment information are thoroughly updated.
*Additional clinical problems: reactive attachment disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, and varieties of violent behaviors.
*Sections on strengths assessment and ethical considerations in report writing.
*More online resources, including where to obtain free assessment measures and scales.
See also The Paper Office for the Digital Age, Fifth Edition, by Edward L. Zuckerman and Keely Kolmes, which provides the essential recordkeeping and risk-reduction tools that every psychotherapy practice needs.
- Clinician s Thesaurus The Guide to Conducting Interviews and Writing Psychological Reports
|The Psychiatric Interview
Lowest new price: $40.82
Lowest used price: $25.00
List price: $64.99
Author: Daniel Carlat
Brand: Carlat Daniel
Now DSM-5 updated!
Using a unique and effective combination of mnemonics, practical techniques, and phrasing examples that illustrate the nuances of the interviewing process, The Psychiatric Interview, 4th Edition
helps you establish a rapport with patients and gain valuable clinical insights. Now updated to incorporate the DSM-5 and current research, this popular manual teaches you how to improve your interviewing skills, breaking down this complex area into concise information you can put to use immediately in your practice.
- Offers a practical, concise approach to the psychiatric interview, filled with tips and pearls to develop confidence in interviewing.
- Uses mnemonics and pocket cards to help you understand and remember key elements of the effective interview.
- Brings you up to speed with the DSM-5 and current research, including changes in diagnosing dementia, substance abuse, eating disorders, ADHD, and more.
- Provides clear techniques for approaching threatening topics, and shows how relationships that are endangered can be repaired.
- Presents information in an engaging, conversational manner, helping you form an alliance with each patient in order to promote cooperation and effective treatment.
- Ideal for psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, nurse practitioners, or other mental health professionals.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
- The Psychiatric Interview
- Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry
- Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse, Second Edition: A How-To Guide for Evidence-Based Practice
- Psychiatric Interviewing: The Art of Understanding: A Practical Guide for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, and Other ... Professionals, with online video modules, 3e
- Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications
- The Four-Minute Neurologic Exam (Made Ridiculously Simple)
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing, Second Edition: Integrating Psychotherapy, Psychopharmacology, and Complementary and Alternative Approaches Across the Life Span
- Prescriber's Guide: Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology
- Psychiatric Interview of Children and Adolescents
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health: A Resource for Advanced Practice Psychiatric and Primary Care Practitioners in Nursing
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice (American Nurses Association)
|The Highly Sensitive Person's Workbook
Lowest new price: $13.73
Lowest used price: $3.99
List price: $19.95
Author: Elaine N. Aron Ph.D.
Brand: Brand: Harmony
Are you a Highly Sensitive Person? If so, this workbook is for you.
Do noise and confusion quickly overwhelm you? Do you have a rich inner life and intense dreams? Did parents or teachers call you "too shy" or "too sensitive"? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
High sensitivity is a trait shared by 20 percent of the population, according to Dr. Elaine Aron, a clinical psychologist and workshop leader and the bestselling author of The Highly Sensitive Person. The enormous response to her book led Dr. Aron to create The Highly Sensitive Person's Workbook, designed to honor that long-ignored, trampled-on part of yourself--your sensitivity. A collection of exercises and activities for both individuals and groups, this workbook will help you identify the HSP trait in yourself, nurture the new, positive self-image you deserve, and create a fuller, richer life. You will be able to:
Identify your specific sensitivities with self-assessment tests
Reframe past experiences in a more positive light
Interpret dreams and relate them to your sensitivity
Cope with overarousal through relaxation, breathing, and visualization techniques
Describe your trait in a work interview or to an unsympathetic family member, new friend, doctor, or therapist
Can 1.2 billion exceptionally nervous nervous systems be wrong? No way, says depth psychologist Elaine Aron, bestselling author of The Highly Sensitive Person. An HSP herself, Aron is also the reigning expert on the subject, and this workbook exists to make you a more helpful expert on yourself. It can be read in conjunction with her more narrative book--the chapter headings match--or without it. "You should use this workbook in any way you darn well please," says Aron in a typical free-yourself comment.
So what is an HSP? Aron thinks one-fifth of humanity is born with more finely tuned perceptions than the rest. In primitive times, HSPs were the first to spot the lion lurking in the bush, the last to shoot the arrow--and the likeliest to hit the lion in one shot. Later, HSPs became the tempering priestly advisors to the more aggressive warrior kings. To be an HSP is a challenge and an opportunity, she argues. This book contains self-tests to determine whether you're an HSP, and if so, which kind: introverted, extroverted, sensation seeking, and other plausible categories. Some HSPs yearn for "earlids" to shut out sound, for instance. There are plenty of blanks to fill in as you analyze your childhood, health concerns, work history, and psychic wounds, with plenty of guidance on how to do it--sample entries as intriguing as someone else's diary. If you've ever wished you could go back and retort to somebody who said something hurtful that made you speechless, Aron has the exercise to channel your resentment into insight. She gives a quick course in dream analysis (Freud couldn't outdo her job on a dream about The A-Team's Mr. T and a tiger), and rather boldly invites you to envision and prepare for your death. There's also a practical guide to setting up HSP discussion groups with enough structure to prevent fizzle and poor focus.
|Essentials of WISC-V Assessment (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $35.00
Lowest used price: $33.33
List price: $55.00
Author: Dawn P. Flanagan
Brand: WILEY ACADEMIC
The comprehensive reference for informative WISC-V assessment
Essentials of WISC-V Assessmentprovides step-by-step guidance for administering, scoring, and interpreting the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V). Packed with practical tips for more accurate assessment, this informative guide includes numerous case studies that illustrate a range of real-world issues. Special attention is devoted to the assessment of individuals who have significant learning difficulties, such as learning disabilities, and who speak English as a second language. The WISC-V is a valuable assessment tool, but it must be administered and scored appropriately to gain meaning from score interpretation. This book gives you an in-depth understanding of the WISC-V assessment and interpretive process to assist practitioners in:
- Conducting efficient and informative WISC-V assessments
- Utilizing WISC-V in cross-battery and neuropsychological assessment
- Applying WISC-V in the identification of specific learning disabilities
- Utilizing WISC-V in nondiscriminatory assessment of English language learners
- Writing theory-based WISC-V reports
- Linking WISC-V findings to interventions based on individual performance
As the world's most widely-used intelligence test for children, the WISC-V is useful in diagnosing intellectual disabilities and specific learning disabilities, as well as in identifying giftedness. In this volume, sample reports demonstrate how WISC-V assessment results may be linked to interventions, accommodations, modifications, and compensatory strategies that facilitate positive outcomes for children. Essentials of WISC-V Assessment is the all-in-one practical resource for both students and practitioners. The book can be used on its own or with companion software (purchased separately) that provides a user-friendly tool for producing psychometrically and theoretically defensible interpretations of WISC-V performance, and may be used to develop interventions based on each child's strengths and weaknesses.
|Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals (8th Edition) (Merrill Counselling)
Lowest new price: $114.00
Lowest used price: $89.44
List price: $158.20
Author: Robert J. Drummond
Since its first publication in 1988, Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals has become a classic among assessment textbooks designed specifically for aspiring counselors. Now in its Eighth Edition the text includes extensive changes to content and updating throughout, while maintaining its popular, easy-to-read format and continuing emphasis on assessment information that is most useful and relevant for school counselors, marriage and family therapists, mental health counselors, and other helping professionals. Throughout the text, readers learn the essential topics; see clearly how the elements of assessment interact; apply the material to the major instruments used in counseling; reinforce learning through discussion questions and activities; and get invaluable information and examples about widely used assessment instruments in order to become familiar with these well-known tests.
|GRE Subject Test: Psychology (Kaplan Test Prep)
Lowest new price: $11.99
Lowest used price: $9.59
List price: $19.99
Author: Kaplan Test Prep
Kaplan's GRE Subject Test: Psychology includes score-raising strategies, practice questions, and test information to help you face the exam with confidence. This updated edition reflects test-maker changes and is aligned with the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).
Kaplan is so certain that GRE Subject Test: Psychology offers all the review you need that we guarantee it: After studying with this book, you'll score higher on the GRE psychology test—or you'll get your money back.
The Best Review
- Up-to-date content aligned with the DSM-5, including updated vocabulary, diagnosis, treatment guidelines, and classification of mental disorders
- Two full-length practice tests with detailed explanations
- In-depth review of key content areas: social psychology, developmental psychology, statistics, and more
- Essential terminology defined in context, plus an extensive glossary
- Practice sets covering essential concepts
- We know the test: The Kaplan team has spent years studying every GRE-related document available.
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for almost 80 years. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
- GRE Subject Test Psychology
|MMPI-2: Assessing Personality and Psychopathology
Lowest new price: $116.08
Lowest used price: $98.67
List price: $164.95
Author: John R. Graham
The MMPI-2 is the most widely used personality test in the U.S. and around the world. It is employed in mental health settings, medical centers, and correctional programs, and is frequently admitted as evidence in legal proceedings. In addition, the MMPI-2 is widely used in screening applicants for jobs that involve public trust and safety.
The fifth edition of MMPI-2: Assessing Personality and Psychopathology describes effective uses of all aspects of the MMPI-2 and explains how to accurately interpret test results. Current and comprehensive, it presents detailed instructions for administering and scoring the MMPI-2 and discusses using the MMPI-2 with such diverse population groups as older adults, ethnic minorities, medical patients, and prisoners. It provides guidelines for interpreting the test's Validity, Clinical Content, and Supplementary scales, illustrating points with case studies and examples. The book also covers the Restructured Clinical (RC) scales, which help focus the interpretation of the original Clinical scales, and the Personality Psychopathology 5 (PSY-5) scales, which assess major dimensions of normal and abnormal personality.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
· A chapter detailing the development and use of the newest form of the test, the MMPI-2 Restructured Form (MMPI-2-RF)
· A reintroduction of a chapter covering the adolescent version of the test, the MMPI-A, including updated research findings and recommendations for interpretation
MMPI-2: Assessing Personality and Psychopathology, Fifth Edition, is ideal for graduate courses in psychological assessment and is an indispensable guide for researchers and clinicians working in the personality assessment area.
- Oxford University Press USA
Page 1 of 325
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.