|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Psychology Testing & Measurement
|The Psychiatric Interview
Lowest new price: $38.02
Lowest used price: $33.00
List price: $64.99
Author: Daniel Carlat
Brand: Carlat Daniel
Now DSM-5 updated!
Using a unique and effective combination of mnemonics, practical techniques, and phrasing examples that illustrate the nuances of the interviewing process, The Psychiatric Interview, 4th Edition
helps you establish a rapport with patients and gain valuable clinical insights. Now updated to incorporate the DSM-5 and current research, this popular manual teaches you how to improve your interviewing skills, breaking down this complex area into concise information you can put to use immediately in your practice.
- Offers a practical, concise approach to the psychiatric interview, filled with tips and pearls to develop confidence in interviewing.
- Uses mnemonics and pocket cards to help you understand and remember key elements of the effective interview.
- Brings you up to speed with the DSM-5 and current research, including changes in diagnosing dementia, substance abuse, eating disorders, ADHD, and more.
- Provides clear techniques for approaching threatening topics, and shows how relationships that are endangered can be repaired.
- Presents information in an engaging, conversational manner, helping you form an alliance with each patient in order to promote cooperation and effective treatment.
- Ideal for psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, nurse practitioners, or other mental health professionals.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
- The Psychiatric Interview
|Essentials of WISC-V Assessment (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $40.53
Lowest used price: $40.53
List price: $55.00
Author: Dawn P. Flanagan
Brand: WILEY ACADEMIC
The comprehensive reference for informative WISC-V assessment
Essentials of WISC-V Assessmentprovides step-by-step guidance for administering, scoring, and interpreting the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V). Packed with practical tips for more accurate assessment, this informative guide includes numerous case studies that illustrate a range of real-world issues. Special attention is devoted to the assessment of individuals who have significant learning difficulties, such as learning disabilities, and who speak English as a second language. The WISC-V is a valuable assessment tool, but it must be administered and scored appropriately to gain meaning from score interpretation. This book gives you an in-depth understanding of the WISC-V assessment and interpretive process to assist practitioners in:
- Conducting efficient and informative WISC-V assessments
- Utilizing WISC-V in cross-battery and neuropsychological assessment
- Applying WISC-V in the identification of specific learning disabilities
- Utilizing WISC-V in nondiscriminatory assessment of English language learners
- Writing theory-based WISC-V reports
- Linking WISC-V findings to interventions based on individual performance
As the world's most widely-used intelligence test for children, the WISC-V is useful in diagnosing intellectual disabilities and specific learning disabilities, as well as in identifying giftedness. In this volume, sample reports demonstrate how WISC-V assessment results may be linked to interventions, accommodations, modifications, and compensatory strategies that facilitate positive outcomes for children. Essentials of WISC-V Assessment is the all-in-one practical resource for both students and practitioners. The book can be used on its own or with companion software (purchased separately) that provides a user-friendly tool for producing psychometrically and theoretically defensible interpretations of WISC-V performance, and may be used to develop interventions based on each child's strengths and weaknesses.
|Functional Behavioral Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment, Third Edition: A Complete System for Education and Mental Health Settings
Lowest new price: $57.12
Lowest used price: $51.50
List price: $85.00
Author: Ennio Cipani PhD
Featuring a highly interactive approach, this text is noted for its exceptionally clear and thorough coverage of how to conduct a functional behavioral assessment (FBA) through various assessment methods, how to diagnose the function of problem behaviors, and how to select a behavioral intervention that addresses the diagnosed function. The development of requisite behavior-analytic skills is aided by utilizing many “real-life” and hypothetical cases that represent common scenarios in applied settings.
- Interactive approach, icons in the text alert readers to review related narrated online lectures highlighting FBAs and treatments and complete assignments embedded in text.
- Numerous cases, many based on the author’s clinical experiences in working with children and adults in educational and mental health settings, provide a realistic look at applied behavior analysis.
- Forms, interview protocols, and intervention plans illustrate the process of creating behavior plans from collected assessment data.
- A pioneering classification system for categorizing the function of problem behavior (Cipani BCS).
- Cases that model the process of assessment, classification, and treatment used in an FBA allow readers to role-play and develop presentation and classification skills.
New to this edition:
- Chapter objectives and BACB Tasks that match the content to be covered with objectives from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) task list help readers master some of the skills required of behavior analysts.
- Assignments and discussion items with associated narrated PowerPoint lectures to further engage readers.
- Simulation Exercises to actively involve readers in collecting data, conducting an assessment, demonstrating the use of a function, or observing how to “shape” an alternate behavior.
- Self-Assessment exercises to help readers test their understanding of the content.
- The Cipani EO School Behavioral Interview Rating System to help in conducting interviews.
- The Cipani Replacement Function Classification System for determining the strength of replacement behaviors.
- Online instructor’s resources including test items tied to the chapter objectives, chapter PowerPoints with assignments, a course syllabus builder, and What to Read if You Used the Second Edition (Conversion Guide).
- Online student resources including narrated PowerPoints and video lectures.
An ideal text for courses in (applied) behavior analysis, behavioral or emotional assessment or management, child psychopathology, or developmental disabilities taught in school psychology, special education, behavior analysis, psychology, or social work; anyone who assesses and treats patients with challenging behaviors will also appreciate this book.
|Psychobook: Games, Tests, Questionnaires, Histories
Lowest new price: $26.63
Lowest used price: $14.05
List price: $40.00
Brand: Rothenstein Julian
Who knew a trip to the therapist could be so much fun, even aesthetically rewarding? Beyond sharing feelings or complaining about your mother, Psychobook reveals the rich history of psychological testing in a fascinating sideways look at classic testing methods, from word-association games to inkblots to personality tests.
Psychobook includes never-before-seen content from long-hidden archives, as well as reimagined tests from contemporary artists and writers, to try out yourself, at home or at parties. A great gift for the therapist in your life and the therapist in you, for anyone interested in the history of psychology and psychological paraphernalia, or for anyone who enjoys games and quizzes. Psychobook will brighten your day and outlook.
- Psychobook Games Tests Questionnaires Histories
|Handbook of Psychological Assessment
Lowest new price: $69.98
Lowest used price: $69.00
List price: $125.00
Author: Gary Groth-Marnat
Organized according to the sequence mental health professionals follow when conducting an assessment, Groth-Marnat’s Handbook of Psychological Assessment, Sixth Edition covers principles of assessment, evaluation, referral, treatment planning, and report writing. Written in a practical, skills-based manner, the Sixth Edition provides guidance on the most efficient methods for selecting and administering tests, interpreting assessment data, how to integrate test scores and develop treatment plans as well as instruction on ways to write effective, client-oriented psychological reports.
This text provides through coverage of the most commonly used assessment instruments including the Wechsler Intelligence Scales, Wechsler Memory Scales, Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Personality Assessment Inventory, Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory, NEO Personality, Rorschach, Thematic Apperception Test, and brief assessment instruments for treatment planning, monitoring, and outcome assessment.
|Psychoanalytic Case Formulation
Lowest new price: $39.99
Lowest used price: $16.42
List price: $54.00
Author: Nancy McWilliams
Brand: Nancy McWilliams
What kinds of questions do experienced therapists ask themselves when facing a new client? How can clinical expertise be taught? From the author of the landmark Psychoanalytic Diagnosis, this book takes clinicians step-by- step through developing an understanding of each client's unique psychology and using this information to guide and inform treatment decisions. McWilliams shows that while seasoned practitioners rely upon established diagnostic categories for record-keeping and insurance purposes, their actual clinical concepts and practices reflect more inferential, subjective, and intuitive processes. Interweaving illustrative case examples with theoretical insights and clinically significant research, chapters cover assessment of client temperament, developmental issues, defenses, affects, identifications, relational patterns, self-esteem needs, and pathogenic beliefs.
Winner--Gradiva Award, National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis
- Psychoanalytic Case Formulation
|The Practical Art of Suicide Assessment: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals and Substance Abuse Counselors
Lowest new price: $32.23
Lowest used price: $22.51
List price: $35.00
Author: Shawn Christopher Shea
Brand: Brand: Mental Health Presses
Penned with a compelling elegance and charm, the "Practical Art of Suicide Assessment" is brimming with clinical wisdom, enlightening case illustrations and a vibrant sense of compassion. Viewed as one of the classics in the field of mental health, and acclaimed by both beginning students and experienced clinicians alike, it describes in a step-by-step fashion exactly how to make a sound suicide assessment. Dr. Shea explores the causes of suicidal ideation as well as the nuances of risk actors, protective factors, and the complexities of the clinical formulation of risk. He skillfully integrates all of this information for the reader by using real-life case examples and addressing daunting clinical challenges head-on such as assessing suicide risk with clients coping with borderline personality disorder or psychotic process. In addition Dr. Shea brings to life the highly acclaimed interview strategy for uncovering suicidal ideation, planning, behavior and intent the "Chronological Assessment of Suicide Events (CASE Approach)". Dr. Shea, the originator of the CASE Approach, shows exactly how to creatively and flexibly use its innovative interviewing techniques to match the unique needs of every client. The CASE Approach has been described by the noted suicidologist and past President of the American Association of Suicidology, David Jobes, Ph.D. as follows: "The CASE Approach moves the clinician almost imperceptibly into the secret internal workings of the mind and soul of the patient tormented by suicidal ideation. I believe that the CASE Approach is a remarkable conceptual and clinical contribution to the field of suicidology. It should be taught to any front-line clinician. It has the power to meaningfully save lives." Dr. Shea concludes the book with a no-nonsense approach to documenting a suicide risk assessment that can both help to save a client's life as well as keep the clinician out of court. Respected across the globe, the Practical Art of Suicide Assessment has been translated into languages as diverse as French and Japanese. Mental Health Presses is pleased to re-issue this classic in contemporary suicide prevention (originally published in 2002).
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Managing Suicidal Risk, Second Edition: A Collaborative Approach
- Psychiatric Interviewing: The Art of Understanding: A Practical Guide for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, and Other ... Professionals, with online video modules, 3e
- Crisis Intervention Strategies, 7th Edition
- Helping Teens Who Cut, Second Edition: Using DBT® Skills to End Self-Injury
- Psychopathology: History, Diagnosis, and Empirical Foundations
- The First Interview, Fourth Edition
- Why People Die by Suicide
- Psychiatric Interviewing: the Art of Understanding A Practical Guide for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, and Other Mental Health Professionals
- The Psychiatric Interview
- DSM-5 Clinical Cases
|Assessment in Counseling: A Guide to the Use of Psychological Assessment Procedures
Lowest new price: $78.00
Lowest used price: $60.00
List price: $82.95
Author: Danica G. Hays
Brand: Brand: Amer Counseling Assn
Now more user-friendly than ever, while continuing the legacy of excellence that Albert Hood and Richard Johnson began, the latest version of this best-selling text updates students and practitioners on the basic principles of psychological assessment, recent changes in assessment procedures, and the most widely used tests relevant to counseling practice today. Hays walks the reader through every stage of the assessment process and provides practical tools such as bolded key terminology; chapter pretests, summaries, and review questions; self-development and reflection activities; client case examples; practitioner perspectives illustrating assessment in action; and handy tip sheets.
More than 100 assessment instruments examining intelligence, academic aptitude and achievement, career and life planning, personal interests and values, personality, and interpersonal relationships are described. Also discussed are specialized mental health assessments for substance abuse, depression, anxiety, anger, self-injury, eating disorders, suicide risk, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Essentials of WJ IV Tests of Achievement (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $30.55
Lowest used price: $26.05
List price: $50.00
Author: Nancy Mather
- Complete coverage of administration, scoring, interpretation, and reporting
- Expert advice on avoiding common pitfalls
- Conveniently formatted for rapid reference
The hands-on guide for confidently administering, scoring, and interpreting the WJ IV® Tests of Achievement
Written by Nancy Mather and Barbara J. Wendling—two experts on the topic—Essentials of WJ IV® Tests of Achievement provides step-by-step guidance for administering, scoring, and interpreting the achievement portion of the WJ IV®.Designed to be an easy-to-use reference, the text goes beyond the information found in the WJ IV® test manual to offer full explanations of the tests and clusters on the WJ IV® ACH. This essential guide also explains the meaning of all scores and interpretive features and includes valuable advice on clinical applications and illuminating case studies.
Essentials of WJ IV® Tests of Achievement contains:
- Concise chapters that feature numerous callout boxes highlighting key concepts, bulleted points, and 'Test Yourself' questions
- Separate chapter on the use and interpretation of the WJ IV® Tests of Oral Language and how the WJ IV® ACH and WJ IV® OL can be used together to increase diagnostic utility
- Expert assessment of the test's relative strengths and weaknesses
This accessible resource highlights the most informative aspects of WJ IV® ACH, points out common errors, and reviews the complexities of administration and scoring the Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement.
|Essentials of MMPI-2 Assessment
Lowest new price: $32.50
Lowest used price: $32.49
List price: $50.00
Author: David S. Nichols
Quickly acquire the knowledge and skills you need toconfidently administer, score, and interpret the MMPI®-2
The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI®-2) is the most widely used test in the world for personality assessment. To use it properly, professionals need an authoritative source of advice and guidance on how to administer, score, and interpret this test. Now thoroughly updated to reflect the latest research and literature on this test, Essentials of MMPI®-2 Assessment, Second Edition is that source.
Like all the volumes in the Essentials of Psychological Assessment series, this book is designed to help busy mental health professionals, and those in training, quickly acquire the knowledge and skills they need to make optimal use of major psychological assessment instruments. Each concise chapter features numerous callout boxes highlighting key concepts, bulleted points, and extensive illustrative material, as well as test questions that help you gauge and reinforce your grasp of the information covered.
Essentials of MMPI®-2 Assessment, Second Edition adds new material on the MMPI®-2 RC and the MMPI®-2 RF, providing step-by-step guidance on test administration, scoring, and interpretation. Additionally, the author provides his expert assessment of the test's relative strengths and weaknesses, valuable advice on its clinical applications, and several illuminating case reports.
Page 1 of 362
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.