|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Psychology Testing & Measurement
|Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy
Lowest new price: $54.81
Lowest used price: $35.90
List price: $70.00
Author: Irvin D. Yalom
Brand: Irvin D Yalom
The classic work on group psychotherapy
Hailed by Jerome Frank as "the best book that exists on the subject," Irvin D. Yalom's The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy has been the standard text in the field for decades.
In this completely revised and updated fifth edition, Dr. Yalom and his collaborator Dr. Molyn Leszcz expand the book to include the most recent developments in the field, drawing on nearly a decade of new research as well as their broad clinical wisdom and expertise.
New topics include: online therapy, specialized groups, ethnocultural diversity, trauma and managed care.
At once scholarly and lively, this is the most up-to-date, incisive, and comprehensive text available on group psychotherapy.
|Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals (8th Edition) (Merrill Counselling)
Lowest new price: $100.57
Lowest used price: $79.99
List price: $158.20
Author: Robert J. Drummond
Since its first publication in 1988, Assessment Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals has become a classic among assessment textbooks designed specifically for aspiring counselors. Now in its Eighth Edition the text includes extensive changes to content and updating throughout, while maintaining its popular, easy-to-read format and continuing emphasis on assessment information that is most useful and relevant for school counselors, marriage and family therapists, mental health counselors, and other helping professionals. Throughout the text, readers learn the essential topics; see clearly how the elements of assessment interact; apply the material to the major instruments used in counseling; reinforce learning through discussion questions and activities; and get invaluable information and examples about widely used assessment instruments in order to become familiar with these well-known tests.
|The Psychiatric Interview
Lowest new price: $44.25
Lowest used price: $30.00
List price: $66.99
Author: Daniel Carlat
Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Now DSM-5 updated!
Using a unique and effective combination of mnemonics, practical techniques, and phrasing examples that illustrate the nuances of the interviewing process, The Psychiatric Interview, 4th Edition
helps you establish a rapport with patients and gain valuable clinical insights. Now updated to incorporate the DSM-5 and current research, this popular manual teaches you how to improve your interviewing skills, breaking down this complex area into concise information you can put to use immediately in your practice.
- Offers a practical, concise approach to the psychiatric interview, filled with tips and pearls to develop confidence in interviewing.
- Uses mnemonics and pocket cards to help you understand and remember key elements of the effective interview.
- Brings you up to speed with the DSM-5 and current research, including changes in diagnosing dementia, substance abuse, eating disorders, ADHD, and more.
- Provides clear techniques for approaching threatening topics, and shows how relationships that are endangered can be repaired.
- Presents information in an engaging, conversational manner, helping you form an alliance with each patient in order to promote cooperation and effective treatment.
- Ideal for psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, nurse practitioners, or other mental health professionals.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
- Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry
- Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications
- Prescriber's Guide: Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology
- The Four-Minute Neurologic Exam (Made Ridiculously Simple)
- Psychiatric Interviewing: The Art of Understanding: A Practical Guide for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, and Other ... Professionals, with online video modules
- Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse, Second Edition: A How-To Guide for Evidence-Based Practice
- Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing, Second Edition: Integrating Psychotherapy, Psychopharmacology, and Complementary and Alternative Approaches Across the Life Span
- Psychiatric Interview of Children and Adolescents
- Memorable Psychopharmacology
|Essentials of Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $36.67
Lowest used price: $35.52
List price: $55.00
Author: David A. Kilpatrick
Practical, effective, evidence-based reading interventions thatchange students' lives
Essentials of Understanding and Assessing ReadingDifficulties is a practical, accessible, in-depth guide toreading assessment and intervention. It provides a detaileddiscussion of the nature and causes of reading difficulties, whichwill help develop the knowledge and confidence needed to accuratelyassess why a student is struggling. Readers will learn aframework for organizing testing results from current assessmentbatteries such as the WJ-IV, KTEA-3, and CTOPP-2. Case studiesillustrate each of the concepts covered. A thorough discussion isprovided on the assessment of phonics skills, phonologicalawareness, word recognition, reading fluency, and readingcomprehension. Formatted for easy reading as well as quickreference, the text includes bullet points, icons, callout boxes,and other design elements to call attention to importantinformation.
Although a substantial amount of research has shown that mostreading difficulties can be prevented or corrected, standardreading remediation efforts have proven largely ineffective. Schoolpsychologists are routinely called upon to evaluate students withreading difficulties and to make recommendations to address suchdifficulties. This book provides an overview of the best assessmentand intervention techniques, backed by the most current researchfindings.
- Bridge the gap between research and practice
- Accurately assess the reason(s) why a student strugglesin reading
- Improve reading skills using the most highly effectiveevidence-based techniques
Reading may well be the most important thing students are taughtduring their school careers. It is a skill they will use every dayof their lives; one that will dictate, in part, later life success.Struggling students need help now, and Essentials ofUnderstanding and Assessing Reading Difficulties shows how toget these students on track.
|Helping Skills: Facilitating Exploration, Insight, and Action
Lowest new price: $51.33
Lowest used price: $50.81
List price: $69.95
Author: Clara E. Hill
This fourth edition of Clara Hill s popular textbook updates her comprehensive exploration of basic helping skills for undergraduate and first-year graduate students. Hill s three-stage model of helping clients involves exploration, insight, and action. The exploration stage helps clients explore their thoughts and feelings. The insight stage helps clients understand the reasons for their thoughts and feelings. The action stage helps clients make desired changes in their lives.
Authoritative but highly accessible, the book describes the goals and theoretical foundations of the three stages, how helpers can learn and practice the skills used in each stage, general principles for ethical practice, and important cultural issues. Hill also challenges students to think about and discuss the process of becoming helpers and their reasons for doing so.
New material in this edition includes Chapters on self-awareness and cultural awareness, a glossary, and aditional methods for challenging clients. A research summary at the end of every chapter highlighting a relevant empirical study.
The companion website has been updated to offer students and instructors helpful resources. Two companion DVDs illustrate the three-stage model: Helping Skills in Practice and Dream Work in Practice.
|Handbook of Psychological Assessment
Lowest new price: $70.17
Lowest used price: $70.22
List price: $125.00
Author: Gary Groth-Marnat
Organized according to the sequence mental health professionals follow when conducting an assessment, Groth-Marnat’s Handbook of Psychological Assessment, Sixth Edition covers principles of assessment, evaluation, referral, treatment planning, and report writing. Written in a practical, skills-based manner, the Sixth Edition provides guidance on the most efficient methods for selecting and administering tests, interpreting assessment data, how to integrate test scores and develop treatment plans as well as instruction on ways to write effective, client-oriented psychological reports.
This text provides through coverage of the most commonly used assessment instruments including the Wechsler Intelligence Scales, Wechsler Memory Scales, Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Personality Assessment Inventory, Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory, NEO Personality, Rorschach, Thematic Apperception Test, and brief assessment instruments for treatment planning, monitoring, and outcome assessment.
|GRE Subject Test: Psychology (Kaplan Test Prep)
Lowest new price: $11.99
Lowest used price: $6.02
List price: $19.99
Author: Kaplan Test Prep
Brand: Kaplan Test Prep
Kaplan's GRE Subject Test: Psychology includes score-raising strategies, practice questions, and test information to help you face the exam with confidence. This updated edition reflects test-maker changes and is aligned with the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).
Kaplan is so certain that GRE Subject Test: Psychology offers all the review you need that we guarantee it: After studying with this book, you'll score higher on the GRE psychology test—or you'll get your money back.
The Best Review
- Up-to-date content aligned with the DSM-5, including updated vocabulary, diagnosis, treatment guidelines, and classification of mental disorders
- Two full-length practice tests with detailed explanations
- In-depth review of key content areas: social psychology, developmental psychology, statistics, and more
- Essential terminology defined in context, plus an extensive glossary
- Practice sets covering essential concepts
- We know the test: The Kaplan team has spent years studying every GRE-related document available.
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for almost 80 years. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
|Functional Behavioral Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment, Third Edition: A Complete System for Education and Mental Health Settings
Lowest new price: $63.83
Lowest used price: $43.60
List price: $85.00
Author: Ennio Cipani PhD
Featuring a highly interactive approach, this text is noted for its exceptionally clear and thorough coverage of how to conduct a functional behavioral assessment (FBA) through various assessment methods, how to diagnose the function of problem behaviors, and how to select a behavioral intervention that addresses the diagnosed function. The development of requisite behavior-analytic skills is aided by utilizing many “real-life” and hypothetical cases that represent common scenarios in applied settings.
- Interactive approach, icons in the text alert readers to review related narrated online lectures highlighting FBAs and treatments and complete assignments embedded in text.
- Numerous cases, many based on the author’s clinical experiences in working with children and adults in educational and mental health settings, provide a realistic look at applied behavior analysis.
- Forms, interview protocols, and intervention plans illustrate the process of creating behavior plans from collected assessment data.
- A pioneering classification system for categorizing the function of problem behavior (Cipani BCS).
- Cases that model the process of assessment, classification, and treatment used in an FBA allow readers to role-play and develop presentation and classification skills.
New to this edition:
- Chapter objectives and BACB Tasks that match the content to be covered with objectives from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) task list help readers master some of the skills required of behavior analysts.
- Assignments and discussion items with associated narrated PowerPoint lectures to further engage readers.
- Simulation Exercises to actively involve readers in collecting data, conducting an assessment, demonstrating the use of a function, or observing how to “shape” an alternate behavior.
- Self-Assessment exercises to help readers test their understanding of the content.
- The Cipani EO School Behavioral Interview Rating System to help in conducting interviews.
- The Cipani Replacement Function Classification System for determining the strength of replacement behaviors.
- Online instructor’s resources including test items tied to the chapter objectives, chapter PowerPoints with assignments, a course syllabus builder, and What to Read if You Used the Second Edition (Conversion Guide).
- Online student resources including narrated PowerPoints and video lectures.
An ideal text for courses in (applied) behavior analysis, behavioral or emotional assessment or management, child psychopathology, or developmental disabilities taught in school psychology, special education, behavior analysis, psychology, or social work; anyone who assesses and treats patients with challenging behaviors will also appreciate this book.
|Psychological Testing and Assessment
Lowest new price: $149.12
Lowest used price: $97.09
Author: Ronald Jay Cohen
Psychological Testing and Assessment presents students with a solid grounding in psychometrics and the world of testing and assessment. The book distinguishes itself through its logical organization and many pedagogical aids, including the “Meet an Assessment Professional” feature in every chapter that highlights the works of important academics and practitioners in the field. Now in its ninth edition, this program has consistently won enthusiastic reviews not only for its balance of breadth and depth of coverage, but for content that brings a human face to the assessment enterprise. The Connect course for this offering includes SmartBook, an adaptive reading and study experience which guides students to master, recall, and apply key concepts while providing automatically-graded assessments.
McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
|Clinician's Thesaurus, 7th Edition: The Guide to Conducting Interviews and Writing Psychological Reports
Lowest new price: $49.37
Lowest used price: $45.66
List price: $62.00
Author: Edward L. Zuckerman
With over 350,000 in print, the Clinician's Thesaurus is an indispensable practitioner resource and course text. It presents thousands of standard words, phrases, clinical tips, and interview questions to help practitioners conduct thorough assessments, accurately describe nearly any clinical situation, and shape clinical observations into effective reports. Finding exactly the right terminology can save hours of paperwork time and improve the quality of documentation. Structured to follow the sequence of a mental health evaluation, the book includes report formats, treatment planning pointers, all DSM-IV-TR and ICD-9-CM diagnostic codes, and much more--all in a large-size format with convenient lay-flat binding.
New to This Edition
*References, resources, and diagnostic and treatment information are thoroughly updated.
*Additional clinical problems: reactive attachment disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, and varieties of violent behaviors.
*Sections on strengths assessment and ethical considerations in report writing.
*More online resources, including where to obtain free assessment measures and scales.
See also The Paper Office for the Digital Age, Fifth Edition, by Edward L. Zuckerman and Keely Kolmes, which provides the essential recordkeeping and risk-reduction tools that every psychotherapy practice needs.
Page 1 of 327
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.