|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Psychology Testing & Measurement
|Writing Useful, Accessible, and Legally Defensible Psychoeducational Reports
Lowest new price: $27.22
Lowest used price: $27.04
List price: $40.00
Author: Michael Hass
“This book focuses on how to write a psychological reportthat is first and foremost helpful to consumers, while also beingtechnically and legally defensible. Like the reports the authorsdescribe, the book is carefully organized, beautifully written, andaccessible to practitioners as well as graduate students. It is abrilliant accomplishment that should be required reading for everyschool psychologist.”
—Brent Duncan, PhD, Professor of Psychology,Humboldt State University, Arcata CA
PRACTICAL GUIDANCE ON WRITING USEFUL, ACCESSIBLE, AND LEGALLYDEFENSIBLE PSYCHOEDUCATIONAL REPORTS
From clearly identifying reasons for referral to makingrecommendations based on assessment results, Writing Useful,Accessible, and Legally Defensible Psychoeducational Reportsoffers practical guidance for creating reports that enhance theunderstanding of children and their strengths and challenges inorder to better meet their educational and functional needs.
The authors offer step-by-step guidelines for developing anassessment plan in a collaborative process with parents, teachers,and other professionals, choosing appropriate assessment and datacollection tools, gathering relevant information, and providingclear and feasible individualized recommendations that directlyrespond to referral concerns in a format easily understood byparents and teachers.
Ideal for graduate students in school psychology, schoolpsychologists, and other professionals in related fields who workwith children in a school setting, Writing Useful, Accessible,and Legally Defensible Psychoeducational Reports:
- Provides specific suggestions for increasing the usefulness andaccessibility of reports including readability, positive phrasing,and vocabulary
- Illustrates how to develop well-formed questions and how tochoose assessment tools to answer referral questions
- Reviews the legal mandates of report writing and discusses whatmust be included
- Demonstrates how to accurately document and integrate data fromrecord review, interviews, observations, and tests
- Discusses how the use of the referral-based consultativeassessment and report writing model can promote more activeinvolvement in collaboration, prevention, and intervention
- Features numerous real-world cases, helpful checklists,examples of question-driven referral reports, and a model interviewprotocol
|Essentials of Cross-Battery Assessment
Lowest new price: $33.62
Lowest used price: $23.99
List price: $55.00
Author: Dawn P. Flanagan
The most up-to-date resource of comprehensive information forconducting cross-battery assessments
The Cross-Battery assessment approach—also referred to asthe XBA approach—is a time-efficient assessment methodgrounded solidly in contemporary theory and research. The XBAapproach systematically integrates data across cognitive,achievement, and neuropsychological batteries, enablingpractitioners to expand their traditional assessments to morecomprehensively address referral concerns. This approach alsoincludes guidelines for identification of specific learningdisabilities and assessment of cognitive strengths and weaknessesin individuals from culturally and linguistically diversebackgrounds.
Like all the volumes in the Essentials of PsychologicalAssessment series, Essentials of Cross-Battery Assessment, ThirdEdition is designed to help busy practitioners quickly acquirethe knowledge and skills they need to make optimal use ofpsychological assessment instruments. Each concise chapter featuresnumerous callout boxes highlighting key concepts, bulleted points,and extensive illustrative material, as well as test questions thathelp you to gauge and reinforce your grasp of the informationcovered.
Essentials of Cross-Battery Assessment, Third Edition isupdated to include the latest editions of cognitive ability testbatteries , such as the WISC-IV, WAIS-IV, and WJ III COG, andspecial purpose cognitive tests including the WMS-IV and TOMAL-II.This book now also overs many neuropsychological batteries such asthe NEPSY-II and D-KEFS and provides extensive coverage ofachievement batteries and special purpose tests, including theWIAT-III, KM-3, WRMT-3 and TOWL-4. In all, this book includes over100 psychological batteries and 750 subtests, all of which areclassified according to CHC (and many according toneuropsychlogical theory. This useful guide includes a timesavingCD-ROM, Essential Tools for Cross-Battery Assessment (XBA)Applications and Interpretation, which allows users to enter dataand review results and interpretive statements that may be includedin psychological reports.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials arenot included as part of eBook file.
|GRE Subject Test: Psychology (Kaplan Test Prep)
Lowest new price: $5.00
Lowest used price: $5.00
List price: $19.99
Author: Kaplan Test Prep
Brand: Kaplan Test Prep
Kaplan's GRE Subject Test: Psychology includes score-raising strategies, practice questions, and test information to help you face the exam with confidence. This updated edition reflects test-maker changes and is aligned with the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).
Kaplan is so certain that GRE Subject Test: Psychology offers all the review you need that we guarantee it: After studying with this book, you'll score higher on the GRE psychology test—or you'll get your money back.
The Best Review
- Up-to-date content aligned with the DSM-5, including updated vocabulary, diagnosis, treatment guidelines, and classification of mental disorders
- Two full-length practice tests with detailed explanations
- In-depth review of key content areas: social psychology, developmental psychology, statistics, and more
- Essential terminology defined in context, plus an extensive glossary
- Practice sets covering essential concepts
- We know the test: The Kaplan team has spent years studying every GRE-related document available.
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for almost 80 years. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
|Parent Training for Disruptive Behavior: The RUBI Autism Network, Parent Workbook (Programs That Work)
Lowest new price: $33.02
Lowest used price: $37.65
List price: $39.95
Author: Karen Bearss
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) involves difficulties in social interaction and communication, restricted interests and repetitive behavior. Approximately half of children with ASD also exhibit disruptive behaviors such as tantrums and aggression, which can be stressful for the child and family.
Parent Training for Disruptive Behavior is an 11-session intervention for parents who wish to learn how to reduce disruptive behaviors and increase adaptive skills in their children with ASD. Each session introduces effective behavior change strategies and includes easy-to-use worksheets, checklists, and take-home activities to help parents apply what they have learned. By participating in this intervention with a trained therapist, parents can help their children overcome behavior problems, promoting happier kids and families.
|Functional Behavioral Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment, Third Edition: A Complete System for Education and Mental Health Settings
Lowest new price: $48.95
Lowest used price: $40.00
List price: $85.00
Author: Ennio Cipani PhD
Featuring a highly interactive approach, this text is noted for its exceptionally clear and thorough coverage of how to conduct a functional behavioral assessment (FBA) through various assessment methods, how to diagnose the function of problem behaviors, and how to select a behavioral intervention that addresses the diagnosed function. The development of requisite behavior-analytic skills is aided by utilizing many “real-life” and hypothetical cases that represent common scenarios in applied settings.
- Interactive approach, icons in the text alert readers to review related narrated online lectures highlighting FBAs and treatments and complete assignments embedded in text.
- Numerous cases, many based on the author’s clinical experiences in working with children and adults in educational and mental health settings, provide a realistic look at applied behavior analysis.
- Forms, interview protocols, and intervention plans illustrate the process of creating behavior plans from collected assessment data.
- A pioneering classification system for categorizing the function of problem behavior (Cipani BCS).
- Cases that model the process of assessment, classification, and treatment used in an FBA allow readers to role-play and develop presentation and classification skills.
New to this edition:
- Chapter objectives and BACB Tasks that match the content to be covered with objectives from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) task list help readers master some of the skills required of behavior analysts.
- Assignments and discussion items with associated narrated PowerPoint lectures to further engage readers.
- Simulation Exercises to actively involve readers in collecting data, conducting an assessment, demonstrating the use of a function, or observing how to “shape” an alternate behavior.
- Self-Assessment exercises to help readers test their understanding of the content.
- The Cipani EO School Behavioral Interview Rating System to help in conducting interviews.
- The Cipani Replacement Function Classification System for determining the strength of replacement behaviors.
- Online instructor’s resources including test items tied to the chapter objectives, chapter PowerPoints with assignments, a course syllabus builder, and What to Read if You Used the Second Edition (Conversion Guide).
- Online student resources including narrated PowerPoints and video lectures.
An ideal text for courses in (applied) behavior analysis, behavioral or emotional assessment or management, child psychopathology, or developmental disabilities taught in school psychology, special education, behavior analysis, psychology, or social work; anyone who assesses and treats patients with challenging behaviors will also appreciate this book.
|Essentials of Assessment Report Writing (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $37.86
Lowest used price: $40.40
List price: $50.00
Author: W. Joel Schneider
The bestselling guide to reporting writing, updated and reworked for today's practice
Essentials of Assessment Report Writing offers effective solutions to the creation of reader-friendly, yet targeted, psychological, and educational assessment reports. Parents, clinicians, clients, and other readers need more than test-by-test descriptions—they need an accessible analysis of the entire situation to determine their next steps. This book provides clear guidance for busy practitioners seeking ways to improve their report writing skills. With a focus on current practice, this new second edition covers DSM-5 updates and the latest assessment instruments including the WJ IV, WISC-V, WAIS-IV, KTEA-3, and the CAS2. New discussion includes advice on tailoring the report to the audience, and annotated case reports provide illustrative models of effective report styles, interpretation, and analysis. Key concepts are highlighted for quick reference throughout, and end-of-chapter questions help reinforce understanding.
Reporting styles vary widely within the field, in both content and style; there is no definitive "standard," but many reports fail to reflect best practices and therefore prove less than useful to the reader. This book provides expert guidance throughout the reporting process to help practitioners provide high-quality, accessible reports.
- Integrate assessment results to provide a person-centered report
- Identify and navigate critical decision points in the interpretive process
- Write efficiently yet effectively while enhancing the reader's experience
- Provide an accurate, informative, and readable assessment report
- Incorporate practical recommendations to address the referral concerns
Expertly-conducted assessments should culminate with a carefully constructed analysis that provides direction via clear communication. Because this report will be used to inform treatment, intervention, and ultimately, the client's quality of life—it is critical that it provides clear, informative guidance in a way that readers can understand. Essentials of Assessment Report Writing provides comprehensive guidelines for navigating through the report writing process.
|Essentials of Evidence-Based Academic Interventions
Lowest new price: $30.84
Lowest used price: $16.59
List price: $50.00
Author: Barbara J. Wendling
Brand: John Wiley Sons
Essentials of Evidence-Based Academic Interventions puts at your fingertips the successful instructional techniques and materials necessary for accurate and effective use of evidence-based interventions. Written by Barbara Wendling and Nancy Mather, two experts in educational assessment and intervention, this intervention-oriented reference presents clear descriptions of research-based interventions in the areas of: phonological awareness and beginning reading phonics; phonics and sight word instruction; reading fluency; vocabulary and reading comprehension; spelling, handwriting, and written expression; basic math skills; and math problem-solving.
|Parent Training for Disruptive Behavior: The RUBI Autism Network, Clinician Manual (Programs That Work)
Lowest new price: $41.91
Lowest used price: $80.07
List price: $49.95
Author: Karen Bearss
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) begins in early childhood and is characterized by impairments in social interaction and communication, restricted interests and repetitive behavior. As many as half of children with ASD between the ages of 3 and 8 also exhibit disruptive behaviors that interfere with their overall development and family functioning.
This Therapist Guide, Parent Training for Disruptive Behavior, is designed for therapists to use with parents of children with ASD and challenging behaviors, such as tantrums, noncompliance, and aggression. Based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and developed over more than a decade of research, the intervention consists of 11 core sessions as well as supplemental sessions, a home visit, and follow-up visits. Each session includes a therapist script, activity sheets, parent handouts, and checklists. Video vignettes are available online to illustrate concepts. The treatment manual is designed to be used in conjunction with the companion Workbook for parents. Each session is delivered individually in weekly outpatient visits. Homework assignments between sessions focus on implementing behavior change strategies collaboratively chosen by the therapist and parent.
|Undoing Depression: What Therapy Doesn't Teach You and Medication Can't Give You
Lowest new price: $3.09
Lowest used price: $1.80
List price: $16.00
Author: Richard O'Connor
Brand: Little Brown and Company
Like heart disease, says psychotherapist Richard O'Connor, depression is fueled by complex and interrelated factors: genetic, biochemical, environmental. In this refreshingly sensible book, O'Connor focuses on an additional factor often overlooked: our own habits. Unwittingly we get good at depression. We learn how to hide it, how to work around it. We may even achieve great things, but with constant struggle rather than satisfaction. Relying on these methods to make it through each day, we deprive ourselves of true recovery, of deep joy and healthy emotion.
UNDOING DEPRESSION teaches us how to replace depressive patterns with a new and more effective set of skills. We already know how to "do" depression-and we can learn how to undo it. With a truly holistic approach that synthesizes the best of the many schools of thought about this painful disease, O'Connor offers new hope-and new life-for sufferers of depression.
|Essentials of Specific Learning Disability Identification (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
Lowest new price: $37.85
Lowest used price: $44.40
List price: $50.00
Author: Vincent C. Alfonso
Practical, up-to-date guidance on identifying Specific Learning Disability
Essentials of Specific Learning Disability Identification provides accessible, authoritative guidance on specific learning disability (SLD), with the most up-to-date information on assessment, identification, interventions, and more. Contributions by leading experts examine multiple theoretical orientations and various identification approaches for dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, and other common SLDs. Emphasizing real-world utility, this book provides important information for professionals who work with children and youth at risk; many of the SLD identification practices can be put to work immediately, and the expert coverage offers many strategies and interventions for student support in the classroom. This new second edition has been updated to align with the most current understanding of SLD manifestations, diagnostic assessment, and evidence-based interventions, and includes new material covering nonverbal learning disability, speech-language impairment, general learning difficulties, and differentially diagnosing SLD from other conditions.
Early SLD identification and the right kind of help can raise the trajectory of a child's life. This book provides in-depth information to facilitate accurate identification and appropriate intervention to help you help the children in your care.
- Understand how SLD manifests in academic performance
- Learn theory- and research-based approaches to SLD identification
- Examine the latest information about new aspects of SLD determination
- Utilize appropriate and effective intervention strategies for student support
If a child's learning disability is caught early, and the correct type of support is provided, that child gets the chance to develop the skills that lead to achievement in school and beyond. As a high-incidence disorder, SLD affects 10-15 percent of the general population, making successful identification an essential skill for those who work with children. Essentials of Specific Learning Disability Identification provides authoritative guidance and practical methods that can help you start changing children's lives today.
Page 2 of 321
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.