|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation: From Seed to Tissue Culture, Second Edition
Lowest new price: $32.38
Lowest used price: $28.99
List price: $49.95
Author: Michael A. Dirr
Brand: Dirr, Michael A., Dr./ Heuser, Charles W., Jr., Dr.
Compiled by two distinguished professors of horticulture, The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation is a must for professionals and students of horticulture. Over 1,100 species and their propagation requirements by seeds, cuttings, grafting and budding, and tissue culture are discussed in exhaustive detail. Essentially a recipe book for making more trees and shrubs, this reference is a high-level how-to.
- American Horticultural Society Plant Propagation: The Fully Illustrated Plant-by-Plant Manual of Practical Techniques
- So You Want to Start a Nursery
- Secrets of Plant Propagation: Starting Your Own Flowers, Vegetables, Fruits, Berries, Shrubs, Trees, and Houseplants
- Botany for Gardeners, 3rd Edition
- Dirr's Encyclopedia of Trees and Shrubs
- Growing Trees from Seed: A Practical Guide to Growing Native Trees, Vines and Shrubs
- Manual of Woody Landscape Plants Their Identification, Ornamental Characteristics, Culture, Propogation and Uses
- The Manual of Plant Grafting: Practical Techniques for Ornamentals, Vegetables, and Fruit
- Dip 'N Grow Liquid Rooting Hormone, 2 Ounce
- Plants from Test Tubes: An Introduction to Micropropogation, 4th Edition
|Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation: Simple to Advanced and Experimental Techniques for Indoor and Outdoor Cultivation
Lowest new price: $26.02
Lowest used price: $29.27
List price: $39.95
Author: Tradd Cotter
What would it take to grow mushrooms in space? How can mushroom cultivation help us manage, or at least make use of, invasive species such as kudzu and water hyacinth and thereby reduce dependence on herbicides? Is it possible to develop a low-cost and easy-to-implement mushroom-growing kit that would provide high-quality edible protein and bioremediation in the wake of a natural disaster? How can we advance our understanding of morel cultivation so that growers stand a better chance of success?
For more than twenty years, mycology expert Tradd Cotter has been pondering these questions and conducting trials in search of the answers. In Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation, Cotter not only offers readers an in-depth exploration of best organic mushroom cultivation practices; he shares the results of his groundbreaking research and offers myriad ways to apply your cultivation skills and further incorporate mushrooms into your life―whether your goal is to help your community clean up industrial pollution or simply to settle down at the end of the day with a cold Reishi-infused homebrew ale.
The book first guides readers through an in-depth exploration of indoor and outdoor cultivation. Covered skills range from integrating wood-chip beds spawned with king stropharia into your garden and building a “trenched raft” of hardwood logs plugged with shiitake spawn to producing oysters indoors on spent coffee grounds in a 4×4 space or on pasteurized sawdust in vertical plastic columns. For those who aspire to the self-sufficiency gained by generating and expanding spawn rather than purchasing it, Cotter offers in-depth coverage of lab techniques, including low-cost alternatives that make use of existing infrastructure and materials.
Cotter also reports his groundbreaking research cultivating morels both indoors and out, “training” mycelium to respond to specific contaminants, and perpetuating spawn on cardboard without the use of electricity. Readers will discover information on making tinctures, powders, and mushroom-infused honey; making an antibacterial mushroom cutting board; and growing mushrooms on your old denim jeans.
Geared toward readers who want to grow mushrooms without the use of pesticides, Cotter takes “organic” one step further by introducing an entirely new way of thinking―one that looks at the potential to grow mushrooms on just about anything, just about anywhere, and by anyone.
|Large Print Adult Coloring Book Color By Number: Flowers & Easy Designs (Beautiful Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 79)
Lowest new price: $5.39
List price: $5.99
Author: Lilt Kids Coloring Books
Relax with this large print color by number book for adults. The stress of choosing colors is over. Enjoy bringing these simple but beautiful images to life!Stress free coloring Beautiful flower & butterfly Images A color by number just for adults! Printed on single side pages Easy color guide on opposite page Color test page Coloring tips page Bonus images from other coloring books Totally relaxing!
This coloring book is great for anyone who really needs to destress, unwind, and just be present.
- Large Print Color By Number Butterflies, Birds, and Flowers Adult Coloring Book (Beautiful Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 81)
- Easy Adult Coloring Color By Number: Butterflies, Flowers & Birds (Beautiful Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 78)
- Color by Number Large Print Adult Coloring Book: Big Abstract Designs (Premium Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 5)
- Large Print Color By Number Designs For Adults (Premium Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 13)
- Simple Large Print Magic Garden Color By Number Adult Coloring Book: Flowers, Birds, Butterflies & More (Beautiful Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 77)
- Color By Numbers Coloring Book for Adults: Island Dreams Vacation: Tropical Adult Color By Numbers Book with Relaxing Beach Scenes, Ocean Scenes, ... Color By Number Coloring Books) (Volume 8)
- Color By Numbers Coloring Book For Adults: Happy Fall: Autumn Scenes Adult Coloring Book with Fall Scenes, Forests, Pumpkins, Leaves, Cats, and more! (Adult Color By Number Coloring Books) (Volume 7)
- Large Print Color By Numbers Adult Coloring Book: Flowers, Butterflies, Birds & More Easy Designs (Easy Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 2)
- Simple Designs Adult Color By Number: Coloring Book Magic Garden (Beautiful Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 80)
- 1: Large Print Color By Numbers Adult Coloring Book: Mandalas and Easy Designs (Adult Color by Number Coloring Books) (Volume 1)
|Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants in Wild (and Not So Wild) Places
Lowest new price: $10.77
Lowest used price: $10.95
List price: $21.99
Author: Steve Brill
Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants in Wild (and Not So Wild) Places shows readers how to find and prepare more than five hundred different plants for nutrition and better health. It includes information on common plants such as mullein (a tea made from the leaves and flowers suppresses a cough), stinging nettle (steam the leaves and you have a tasty dish rich in iron), cattail (cooked stalks taste similar to corn and are rich in protein), and wild apricots (an infusion made with the leaves is good for stomach aches and digestive disorders).
More than 260 detailed line drawings help readers identify a wide range of plants -- many of which are suited for cooking by following the more than thirty recipes included in this book. There are literally hundreds of plants readily available underfoot waiting to be harvested and used either as food or as a potential therapeutic. This book is both a field guide to nature's bounty and a source of intriguing information about the plants that surround us.
- Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants
|Sepp Holzer's Permaculture: A Practical Guide to Small-Scale, Integrative Farming and Gardening
Lowest new price: $17.03
Lowest used price: $14.38
List price: $29.95
Author: Sepp Holzer
Brand: Sepp Holzer
Sepp Holzer farms steep mountainsides in Austria 1,500 meters above sea level. His farm is an intricate network of terraces, raised beds, ponds, waterways and tracks, well covered with productive fruit trees and other vegetation, with the farmhouse neatly nestling amongst them. This is in dramatic contrast to his neighbors' spruce monocultures.In this book, Holzer shares the skill and knowledge acquired over his lifetime. He covers every aspect of his farming methods, not just how to create a holistic system on the farm itself, but how to make a living from it. Holzer writes about everything from the overall concepts, down to the practical details.In Sepp Holzer's Permaculturereaders will learn:
- How he sets up a permaculture system
- The fruit varieties he has found best for permaculture growing
- How to construct terraces, ponds, and waterways
- How to build shelters for animals and how to work with them on the land
- How to cultivate edible mushrooms in the garden and on the farm
- and much more!
Holzer offers a wealth of information for the gardener, smallholder or alternative farmer yet the book's greatest value is the attitudes it teaches. He reveals the thinking processes based on principles found in nature that create his productive systems. These can be applied anywhere.
- Sepp Holzer s Permaculture A Practical Guide to Small Scale Integrative Farming and Gardening
|The Secret Life of Plants: a Fascinating Account of the Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Relations Between Plants and Man
Lowest new price: $10.43
Lowest used price: $5.91
List price: $17.99
Author: Peter Tompkins
Brand: Tompkins, Peter/ Bird, Christopher
The world of plants and its relation to mankind as revealed by the latest scientific discoveries. "Plenty of hard facts and astounding scientific and practical lore."--Newsweek
|The Year-Round Solar Greenhouse: How to Design and Build a Net-Zero Energy Greenhouse
Lowest new price: $18.99
Lowest used price: $19.54
List price: $29.95
Author: Lindsey Schiller
Fresh, local nutrient-dense fruits vegetables are hard to find in winter in cold climates. Growing warm-weather crops like tomatoes, bananas, avocados, and other perennials is nearly impossible using conventional structures. The solution for millions of backyard and small-scale commercial growers is self-heating solar greenhouses.
The Year-round Solar Greenhouse is the one-stop guide to designing and building greenhouses that harness and store energy from the sun to create naturally heated, lush growing environments even in the depths of winter, covering principles of solar greenhouse design and siting, glazing material properties and selection, controlling heat loss, ventilation, and construction methods. Additionally, an in-depth section covers sustainable ways of heating the greenhouse without fossil fuels, including using thermal mass and storing heat underground with a ground to air heat exchanger.
Variations include attached solar greenhouses, earth sheltered greenhouses, plus integrating hydroponics and aquaponics. More than a dozen case studies from across North America provide inspiration and demonstrate specific challenges and solutions for growing year-round in any climate.
Grow your own food, anytime, anywhere using the power of the sun!
Lindsey Schiller is a greenhouse designer and with co-author Marc Plinke, co-owner of Ceres Greenhouse Solutions. Lindsey has designed, toured and helped build hundreds of energy-efficient greenhouses spanning small residential structures to acre-size commercial facilities.
Marc Plinke is an inventor-innovator with a PhD in engineering who has focused his engineering mindset on building innovative, energy-efficient and smarter greenhouses, with the intention of enabling people to grow their own food sustainably and year-round.
- How to Build Your Own Greenhouse: Designs and Plans to Meet Your Growing Needs
- The Earth Sheltered Solar Greenhouse Book
- The Bio-Integrated Farm: A Revolutionary Permaculture-Based System Using Greenhouses, Ponds, Compost Piles, Aquaponics, Chickens, and More
- Aquaponic Design Plans, Everything You Need to Know: from Backyard to Profitable Business
- The Forest Garden Greenhouse: How to Design and Manage an Indoor Permaculture Oasis
- Greenhouse Gardener's Companion, Revised: Growing Food & Flowers in Your Greenhouse or Sunspace
- The Rocket Mass Heater Builder's Guide: Complete Step-by-Step Construction, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together
- Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Greenhouses & Garden Projects: Greenhouses, Cold Frames, Compost Bins, Trellises, Planting Beds, Potting Benches & More (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
- The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower's Handbook: Organic Vegetable Production Using Protected Culture
|Plant Identification Terminology: An Illustrated Glossary
Lowest new price: $17.39
Lowest used price: $12.03
List price: $20.95
Author: James G. Harris
Plant identification employs an extensive and complex terminology. Professional botanists often need several years in the field to master this terminology, and it presents a daunting obstacle to the student of botany.
The meaning of most botanical terms, however, is immediately apparent when an illustration is available. That is the purpose of this volume. Plant Identification Terminology provides over nineteen hundred clear illustrations of terms used in plant identification keys and descriptions. It also includes definitions for more than twenty-seven hundred taxonomic terms.
|Newcomb's Wildflower Guide
Lowest new price: $14.99
Lowest used price: $3.44
List price: $20.00
Author: Lawrence Newcomb
Brand: Little, Brown and Company
An ingenious key system for quick, positive field identification of wildflowers, flowering shrubs and vines in Northeastern and North-central North America.
Amateur and expert alike can quickly and accurately identify almost any wildflower using Lawrence Newcomb's system, which is based on natural structural features that are easily visible even to the untrained eye. Every time you see an unknown plant, ask yourself the same five questions (related to the type of plant and the structure of its petals and leaves), and you will be directed to the page on which the plant can be found. Beautiful illustrations make confirmation easy.
|The Pop, Rock, and Soul Reader: Histories and Debates
Lowest new price: $42.99
Lowest used price: $42.21
List price: $54.95
Author: David Brackett
Brand: Brand: Oxford University Press, USA
Featuring over 100 readings from a wide range of sources and writers, The Pop, Rock, and Soul Reader, Third Edition, provides a rich and engaging introduction to the development of American popular music and the important social and cultural issues raised by its study. The third edition brings together a vast array of selections from sources that include mainstream and specialized magazines, newspapers, scholarly journals, interviews, and autobiographies of musicians and other music industry insiders, plus ten new readings on timely topics such as:
* The emerging influence of digital technology like autotune and filesharing on popular music
* The integration of popular music and reality TV through shows like American Idol
* Lady Gaga's meteoric rise to fame and its inextricable link to new media
* A retrospective look at and reevaluation of Michael Jackson's long career
* The global impact of legendary artist Bob Marley and reggae
Visit the companion website at www.oup.com/us/brackett for additional study resources.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 2 of 5839
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.