|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees--W: Western Region (National Audubon Society Field Guides)
Lowest new price: $7.50
Lowest used price: $1.69
List price: $22.95
Author: Elbert L. Little
Brand: Random House
The most comprehensive field guide available to the trees of North America's western region--a must-have for any enthusiast's day pack or home library--from the go-to reference source for over 18 million nature lovers.
Nearly 700 species of trees are detailed in beautiful, full-color photographs of leaf shape, bark, flowers, fruit, and fall leaves, and accompanied by informative text. Both compact and comprehensive, and featuring a durable vinyl binding, this is the ideal field companion for beginner and advanced tree-peepers alike.
Note: the Eastern Edition generally covers states east of the Rocky Mountains, while the Western Edition covers the Rocky Mountain range and all the states to the west of it.
More than 300 species of trees are found in the United States and Canada west of the Rocky Mountains, some introduced from other continents but many native to the region. This handsome guidebook covers them all, with photographs that enable identification by easily discernible characteristics: by, for example, the shape of the leaf or needle, by the fruit, or by the flower or cone. The photographs are linked to texts that describe a tree's physical characteristics, habitat, and range. Some of the trees covered in this volume are exceedingly rare, such as the Monterey pine; others are locally abundant but limited in range, such as the Joshua tree; still others, such as the quaking aspen, are widespread. This guidebook is an essential addition to any western outdoor enthusiast's collection. --Gregory McNamee
- Random House Audubon Field Guide: Trees-Western by Elbert Little - 9780394507613
|Sepp Holzer's Permaculture: A Practical Guide to Small-Scale, Integrative Farming and Gardening
Lowest new price: $13.04
Lowest used price: $12.97
List price: $29.95
Author: Sepp Holzer
Brand: Chelsea Green Publishing Company
Sepp Holzer farms steep mountainsides in Austria 1,500 meters above sea level. His farm is an intricate network of terraces, raised beds, ponds, waterways and tracks, well covered with productive fruit trees and other vegetation, with the farmhouse neatly nestling amongst them. This is in dramatic contrast to his neighbors' spruce monocultures.In this book, Holzer shares the skill and knowledge acquired over his lifetime. He covers every aspect of his farming methods, not just how to create a holistic system on the farm itself, but how to make a living from it. Holzer writes about everything from the overall concepts, down to the practical details.In Sepp Holzer's Permaculturereaders will learn:
- How he sets up a permaculture system
- The fruit varieties he has found best for permaculture growing
- How to construct terraces, ponds, and waterways
- How to build shelters for animals and how to work with them on the land
- How to cultivate edible mushrooms in the garden and on the farm
- and much more!
Holzer offers a wealth of information for the gardener, smallholder or alternative farmer yet the book's greatest value is the attitudes it teaches. He reveals the thinking processes based on principles found in nature that create his productive systems. These can be applied anywhere.
- Chelsea Green Publishing Company
|Ecology of the Planted Aquarium
Lowest new price: $33.75
Lowest used price: $46.24
List price: $37.50
Author: Diana Walstad
Book presents scientific information that hobbyists can use to set up and maintain successful planted freshwater aquaria. Book contains practical tips using a question-and-answer format in boxes scattered throughout the text. Hobbyists learn how to keep a healthy and inexpensive aquarium. Although the author prefers low-tech methods, she lays out the science that underlies all methods. The author shows that hobbyists can create thriving planted freshwater tanks WITHOUT CO2 injection, fertilizers, expensive lighting, and other high-tech gadgets.
|Large Print Adult Coloring Book Color By Number: Flowers & Easy Designs (Beautiful Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 79)
Lowest new price: $7.99
List price: $7.99
Author: Lilt Kids Coloring Books
Relax with this large print color by number book for adults. The stress of choosing colors is over. Enjoy bringing these simple but beautiful images to life!Stress free coloring Beautiful flower & butterfly Images A color by number just for adults! Printed on single side pages Easy color guide on opposite page Color test page Coloring tips page Bonus images from other coloring books Totally relaxing!
This coloring book is great for anyone who really needs to destress, unwind, and just be present.
- Large Print Color By Number Butterflies, Birds, and Flowers Adult Coloring Book (Beautiful Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 81)
- Large Print Color By Number Designs For Adults (Premium Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 13)
- Brain Games® Color by Number: Stress-Free Coloring (Green)
- Adult Color By Number Large Print Designs (Premium Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 14)
- Color By Number Adult Coloring Book: Stress Relieving Mandela Designs For Relaxation
- Easy Adult Coloring Color By Number: Butterflies, Flowers & Birds (Beautiful Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 78)
- Large Print Color By Numbers Butterflies & Gardens Coloring Book For Adults: Easy and Simple Large Pictures Adult Color By Numbers Coloring Book with ... Color By Number Coloring Books) (Volume 3)
- Brain Games® Color by Number: Stress-Free Coloring (Pink)
- Adult Color By Numbers Coloring Book of Spring: A Spring Color By Number Coloring Book for Adults with Spring Scenes, Butterflies, Flowers, Nature, ... Color By Number Coloring Books (Volume 31)
- Adult Color By Number Coloring Book: Giant Super Jumbo Mega Coloring Book Over 100 Pages of Gardens, Landscapes, Animals, Butterflies and More For Stress Relief (Adult Coloring By Numbers Books)
|Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants in Wild (and Not So Wild) Places
Lowest new price: $12.78
Lowest used price: $11.35
List price: $21.99
Author: Steve Brill
Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants in Wild (and Not So Wild) Places shows readers how to find and prepare more than five hundred different plants for nutrition and better health. It includes information on common plants such as mullein (a tea made from the leaves and flowers suppresses a cough), stinging nettle (steam the leaves and you have a tasty dish rich in iron), cattail (cooked stalks taste similar to corn and are rich in protein), and wild apricots (an infusion made with the leaves is good for stomach aches and digestive disorders).
More than 260 detailed line drawings help readers identify a wide range of plants -- many of which are suited for cooking by following the more than thirty recipes included in this book. There are literally hundreds of plants readily available underfoot waiting to be harvested and used either as food or as a potential therapeutic. This book is both a field guide to nature's bounty and a source of intriguing information about the plants that surround us.
- William Morrow Paperbacks
|The Aquaponic Farmer: A Complete Guide to Building and Operating a Commercial Aquaponic System
Lowest new price: $22.00
Lowest used price: $24.72
List price: $39.99
Author: Adrian Southern
Aquaponic farming―raising fish and vegetables together commercially―is the most promising innovation for a sustainable, profitable, localized food system. Until now, systems have largely focused on warm-water fish such as tilapia. A lack of reliable information for raising fish and vegetables in the cool climates of North America and Europe has been a major stumbling block. The Aquaponic Farmer is the game changer.
Built around a proven 120-foot greenhouse system operable by one person, the book distills vast experience and complete step-by- step guidance for starting and running a cold-water aquaponics business. Coverage includes: • A primer on cold-water aquaponics
• Pros and cons of different systems
• Complete design and construction of a Deep Water Culture system
• Recommended and optional equipment and tools
• System management, standard operating procedures, and maintenance checklists
• Maximizing fish and veg production
• Strategies for successful sales and marketing of fish and plants
As the only comprehensive commercial cold-water resource, The Aquaponic Farmer is essential for farmers contemplating the aquaponics market, aquaponics gardeners looking to go commercial, and anyone focused on high quality food production.
Adrian Southern is steeped in all things aquaponic. After years of urban farming and system perfection, he co-founded Raincoast Aquaponics and raises trout and vegetables for a living in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, BC.
Whelm King is a business manager, project manager, and entrepreneur who has worked in the arts, agriculture, publishing, media, and law. He is co-founder of Raincoast Aquaponics and lives in Nanaimo, BC.
- Aquaponic Design Plans, Everything You Need to Know: from Backyard to Profitable Business
- Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together
- The Bio-Integrated Farm: A Revolutionary Permaculture-Based System Using Greenhouses, Ponds, Compost Piles, Aquaponics, Chickens, and More
- The Year-Round Solar Greenhouse: How to Design and Build a Net-Zero Energy Greenhouse
- Hydroponic Food Production: A Definitive Guidebook for the Advanced Home Gardener and the Commercial Hydroponic Grower, Seventh Edition
- Aquaponics: Simple Guide to Growing Vegetables Using Aquaponics (Aquaponics, aquaponic gardening, aquaponic systems, organic vegetables, vegetable gardening)
- Compact Farms: 15 Proven Plans for Market Farms on 5 Acres or Less; Includes Detailed Farm Layouts for Productivity and Efficiency
- The Permaculture Earthworks Handbook: How to Design and Build Swales, Dams, Ponds, and other Water Harvesting Systems
- The Lean Farm Guide to Growing Vegetables: More In-Depth Lean Techniques for Efficient Organic Production
- Plant Factory: An Indoor Vertical Farming System for Efficient Quality Food Production
|Introducing Philosophy: A Text with Integrated Readings
Lowest new price: $79.88
Lowest used price: $40.00
List price: $89.95
Author: Robert C. Solomon
Introducing Philosophy: A Text with Integrated Readings [paperback] Solomon, Robert C.,Higgins, Kathleen M.,Martin, Clancy [Sep 29, 2015]
|Champion Trees of Washington State
Lowest new price: $90.00
List price: $90.00
Author: Robert Van Pelt
|Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide Simple Steps to Bulk Cultivation
Lowest new price: $12.42
Lowest used price: $12.52
List price: $16.95
Author: Principium Quaesitor
This book is a comprehensive manual on the bulk cultivation of psilocybin mushrooms, using do-it-yourself equipment made of common materials wherever possible. It walks you through every step of the procedure, providing easy-to-follow instructions, essential information, and useful advice about growing these magical fungi using a simple and economical methodology.
This book provides hundreds of photos and diagrams to help you understand the process—also offering helpful resources for sourcing equipment and materials. Advanced procedures are also presented, allowing for rapid progression from the basics to more sophisticated methods of cloning and growing with agar.
|Potato Improvement Through In Vitro Techniques: Improvement of Potatoes through Meristem Culture, Callus Induction, Somaclonal Variation and In Vitro Tuberization
Lowest new price: $71.66
Lowest used price: $89.92
List price: $77.00
Author: Sk. Amzad Hossain
Brand: Sk Amzad Hossain
Different aspects of micropropagation through meristem culture for the production of virus indexed source plants, callus induction followed by subsequent plant regeneration, in vitro tuberization and field evaluation of the in vitro regenerated plants were studied on four commercial cultivars of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) viz., Diamant, Cardinal, Shilbilati and Lalpakri. Rooted plantlets of four potato cultivars obtained directly through meristem culture and indirectly via callus phase were gradually acclimatized and successfully established in the field. Visual evaluation of the morphological traits of the meristem-derived plants showed that all plants were normal and free from virus diseases. Substantial yield increase was observed from meristem-derived plants over their source plants. Somaclonal variation among different plants derived from callus was observed. The present investigation also addressed in vitro tuberization in potato. The potato plants derived from microtubers of four varieties under field condition was similar to look as that of normal seed propagated plants.
- Potato Improvement Through in Vitro Techniques
Page 4 of 5584
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.