|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Longevity Diet: Discover the New Science Behind Stem Cell Activation and Regeneration to Slow Aging, Fight Disease, and Optimize Weight
Lowest new price: $14.69
Lowest used price: $11.47
List price: $27.00
Author: Valter Longo
The internationally renowned, clinically tested, revolutionary diet program to lose weight, fight disease, and live a longer, healthier life.
Can what you eat determine how long, and how well, you live? The clinically proven answer is yes, and The Longevity Diet is easier to follow than you'd think. The culmination of 25 years of research on aging, nutrition, and disease across the globe, this unique program lays out a simple solution to living to a healthy old age through nutrition. The key is combining the healthy everyday eating plan the book outlines, with the scientifically engineered fasting-mimicking diet, or FMD; the FMD, done just 3-4 times a year, does away with the misery and starvation most of us experience while fasting, allowing you to reap all the beneficial health effects of a restrictive diet, while avoiding negative stressors, like low energy and sleeplessness. Valter Longo, director of the Longevity Institute at USC and the Program on Longevity and Cancer at IFOM in Milan, designed the FMD after making a series of remarkable discoveries in mice, then in humans, indicating that specific diets can activate stem cells and promote regeneration and rejuvenation in multiple organs to significantly reduce risk for diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and heart disease. Longo’s simple pescatarian daily eating plan and the periodic fasting-mimicking techniques can both yield impressive results. Low in proteins and sugars and rich in healthy fats and plant-based foods, The Longevity Diet is proven to help you:
• Lose weight and reduce abdominal fat
• Extend your healthy lifespan with simple everyday changes
• Prevent age-related muscle and bone loss
• Build your resistance to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's and cancer
Longo’s healthy, life span-extending program is based on an easy-to-adopt pescatarian plan along with the fasting-mimicking diet no more than 4 times a year, just 5 days at a time. Including 30 easy recipes for an everyday diet based on Longo's five pillars of longevity, The Longevity Diet is the key to living a longer, healthier, more fulfilled life.
- The Longevity Diet: `How to live to 100 . . . Longevity has become the new wellness watchword . . . nutrition is the key' VOGUE
- Summary: Valter Longo's The Longevity Diet: Discover the New Science Behind Stem Cell Activation and Regeneration to Slow Aging, Fight Disease, and Optimize Weight
- The 5-DAY Fast Mimicking Diet: More than 25 recipes and precise doses
- The Circadian Code: Lose Weight, Supercharge Your Energy, and Transform Your Health from Morning to Midnight
- The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting
- The Plant-Based Solution: America's Healthy Heart Doc's Plan to Power Your Health
- The End of Alzheimer's: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline
- Tripping over the Truth: How the Metabolic Theory of Cancer Is Overturning One of Medicine's Most Entrenched Paradigms
- Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy
- Summary & Analysis of The Longevity Diet: Discover the New Science Behind Stem Cell Activation and Regeneration to Slow Aging, Fight Disease, and Optimize Weight | A Guide to the Book by Valter Longo
|Dirty Genes: A Breakthrough Program to Treat the Root Cause of Illness and Optimize Your Health
Lowest new price: $11.05
Lowest used price: $13.14
List price: $27.99
Author: Ben Lynch ND.
Instant National Bestseller
After suffering for years with unexplainable health issues, Dr. Ben Lynch discovered the root cause—“dirty” genes. Genes can be “born dirty” or merely “act dirty” in response to your environment, diet, or lifestyle—causing lifelong, life-threatening, and chronic health problems, including cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disorders, anxiety, depression, digestive issues, obesity, cancer, and diabetes.
Based on his own experience and successfully helping thousands of clients, Dr. Lynch shows you how to identify and optimize both types of dirty genes by cleaning them up with targeted and personalized plans, including healthy eating, good sleep, stress relief, environmental detox, and other holistic and natural means.
Many of us believe our genes doom us to the disorders that run in our families. But Dr. Lynch reveals that with the right plan in place, you can eliminate symptoms, and optimize your physical and mental health—and ultimately rewrite your genetic destiny.
- Summary of Dirty Genes: A Breakthrough Program to Treat The Root Cause of Illness and Optimize Your Health
- Mitochondria and the Future of Medicine: The Key to Understanding Disease, Chronic Illness, Aging, and Life Itself
- The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health--AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT
- Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain
- MTHFR Gene Therapy Demystified: Crack Your Genetic Code to Better Health
- The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food
- The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage
- The Ultimate Guide To Red Light Therapy: How to Use Red and Near-Infrared Light Therapy for Anti-Aging, Fat Loss, Muscle Gain, Performance Enhancement, and Brain Optimization
- A Mind of Your Own: The Truth About Depression and How Women Can Heal Their Bodies to Reclaim Their Lives
|Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam 2019, Premium Edition: 5 Practice Tests + Complete Content Review (College Test Preparation)
Lowest new price: $13.25
Lowest used price: $16.79
List price: $25.99
Author: Princeton Review
PREMIUM PRACTICE FOR A PERFECT 5! Ace the AP Chemistry Exam with this Premium version of The Princeton Review's comprehensive study guide. Includes 5 full-length practice exams, plus thorough content reviews, targeted test strategies, and access to online extras.
Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
• Comprehensive content review for all test topics
• Up-to-date information on the 2019 AP Chemistry Exam
• Engaging activities to help you critically assess your progress
• Access to online study plans, a handy list of key equations, helpful pre-college information, and more
Premium Practice for AP Excellence.
• 4 full-length practice tests in the book with detailed answer explanations
• 1 additional full-length practice test online with detailed answer explanations
• Practice drills at the end of each content chapter
• Review of important laboratory procedures and equipment
Techniques That Actually Work.
• Tried-and-true strategies to help you avoid traps and beat the test
• Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
• Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
Written by Princeton Review experts who know their way around chem, Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam will give you the help you need to get the score you want.
|Organic Chemistry As a Second Language: First Semester Topics
Lowest new price: $40.58
Lowest used price: $40.00
List price: $56.95
Author: David R. Klein
Brand: Klein David R
Readers continue to turn to Klein's Organic Chemistry as a Second Language: First Semester Topics, 4th Edition because it enables them to better understand fundamental principles, solve problems, and focus on what they need to know to succeed. This edition explores the major principles in the field and explains why they are relevant. It is written in a way that clearly shows the patterns in organic chemistry so that readers can gain a deeper conceptual understanding of the material. Topics are presented clearly in an accessible writing style along with numerous hands-on problem solving exercises.
|Toxic: Heal Your Body from Mold Toxicity, Lyme Disease, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, and Chronic Environmental Illness
Lowest new price: $19.33
Lowest used price: $21.45
List price: $29.95
Author: Neil Nathan
Millions of people are suffering from chronic illnesses that, unbeknownst to them, are the result of exposure to environmental toxins and infectious agents such as mold and Borrelia, which causes Lyme disease. Millions. Because the symptoms of these illnesses are so varied and unusual, many of these individuals have sought medical care only to be dismissed, as if what they are experiencing is “in their head.” Many (if not most) have tried to tough it out and continue to function without hope of improvement. Unfortunately, their illnesses are very real.
Toxic is a book of hope for these individuals, their loved ones, and the physicians who provide their care. Over many years of helping thousands of patients recover their health (even after their previous doctors had given up on them), Dr. Neil Nathan has come to understand some of the most common causes for these debilitating illnesses, which allows for the utilization of more precise and effective forms of treatment.
The goal of this book is to shed light on these complex illnesses so that suffering patients and their families can get the help they so desperately need. Inside, you will find:
• Information about how extreme sensitivity and toxicity develop in the body, how sensitivity and toxicity differ, and how they often overlap.
• Detailed descriptions of each of the five major causes of extreme sensitivity and toxicity: mold, Bartonella (a co-infection of Lyme disease), mast cell activation, porphyria, and carbon monoxide poisoning.
• An outline of the cell danger response, a revolutionary model developed by Dr. Robert Naviaux that explains how the body essentially gets “stuck” fighting a threat even after the danger has passed.
• A system-by-system plan for “rebooting” the body to break the cycle of illness and allow healing to begin.
• Information about coping with stress and embracing an emotional and/or spiritual awakening on the path to wellness.
- Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve: Self-Help Exercises for Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, and Autism
- Brain Under Attack: A Resource for Parents and Caregivers of Children with PANS, PANDAS, and Autoimmune Encephalitis
- Wired for Healing - Remapping the Brain to Recover from Chronic and Mysterious Illnesses
- The Epstein-Barr Virus Solution: The Hidden Undiagnosed Epidemic of a Virus Destroying Millions of Lives through Chronic Fatigue, Autoimmune Disorders and Cancer
- Healing Lyme Disease Coinfections: Complementary and Holistic Treatments for Bartonella and Mycoplasma
- Healing Lyme: Natural Healing of Lyme Borreliosis and the Coinfections Chlamydia and Spotted Fever Rickettsiosis, 2nd Edition
- Natural Treatments for Lyme Coinfections: Anaplasma, Babesia, and Ehrlichia
- Mold Illness: Surviving and Thriving: A Recovery Manual for Patients & Families Impacted By Cirs
- The Lyme Solution: A 5-Part Plan to Fight the Inflammatory Auto-Immune Response and Beat Lyme Disease
- Antigerm Action Plans for Lyme Disease: How to Use Herbal & Prescription Germ Killers for Bacteria, Parasites, Viruses, & Yeast
|The Flavor Matrix: The Art and Science of Pairing Common Ingredients to Create Extraordinary Dishes
Lowest new price: $16.40
Lowest used price: $21.59
List price: $30.00
Author: James Briscione
A revolutionary new guide to pairing ingredients, based on a famous chef's groundbreaking research into the chemical basis of flavor
As an instructor at one of the world’s top culinary schools, James Briscione thought he knew how to mix and match ingredients. Then he met IBM Watson. Working with the supercomputer to turn big data into delicious recipes, Briscione realized that he (like most chefs) knew next to nothing about why different foods taste good together. That epiphany launched him on a quest to understand the molecular basis of flavor—and it led, in time, to The Flavor Matrix.
A groundbreaking ingredient-pairing guide, The Flavor Matrix shows how science can unlock unheard-of possibilities for combining foods into astonishingly inventive dishes. Briscione distills chemical analyses of different ingredients into easy-to-use infographics, and presents mind-blowing recipes that he's created with them. The result of intensive research and incredible creativity in the kitchen, The Flavor Matrix is a must-have for home cooks and professional chefs alike: the only flavor-pairing manual anyone will ever need.
- The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs
- Kitchen Creativity: Unlocking Culinary Genius—with Wisdom, Inspiration, and Ideas from the World's Most Creative Chefs
- The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity with Vegetables, Fruits, Grains, Legumes, Nuts, Seeds, and More, Based on the Wisdom of Leading American Chefs
- The Noma Guide to Fermentation: Including koji, kombuchas, shoyus, misos, vinegars, garums, lacto-ferments, and black fruits and vegetables (Foundations of Flavor)
- The Flavor Thesaurus: A Compendium of Pairings, Recipes and Ideas for the Creative Cook
- The Science of Cooking: Every Question Answered to Perfect Your Cooking
- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking
- Cocktail Codex: Fundamentals, Formulas, Evolutions
- The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science
- Rich Table
|Make Ink: A Forager’s Guide to Natural Inkmaking
Lowest new price: $22.52
Lowest used price: $24.07
List price: $29.99
Author: Jason Logan
The Toronto Ink Company was founded in 2014 by designer and artist Jason Logan as a citizen science experiment to make eco-friendly, urban ink from street-harvested pigments. In Make Ink, Logan delves into the history of inkmaking and the science of distilling pigment from the natural world. Readers will learn how to forage for materials such as soot, rust, cigarette butts, peach pits, and black walnut, then how to mix, test, and transform these ingredients into rich, vibrant inks that are sensitive to both place and environment. Organized by color, and featuring lovely minimalist photography throughout, Make Ink combines science, art, and craft to instill the basics of ink making and demonstrate the beauty and necessity of engaging with one of mankind’s oldest tools of communication.
- Botanical Inks: Plant-to-Print Dyes, Techniques and Projects
- The Organic Artist: Make Your Own Paint, Paper, Pigments, Prints and More from Nature
- Bound: 15 beautiful bookbinding projects
- The Art of the Fold: How to Make Innovative Books and Paper Structures
- Wild Color, Revised and Updated Edition: The Complete Guide to Making and Using Natural Dyes
- Mending Matters: Stitch, Patch, and Repair Your Favorite Denim & More
- The Art and Science of Natural Dyes: Principles, Experiments, and Results
- Winsor & Newton Gum Arabic, 75ml
- Jacquard PRODUCTS JAC1648 1 Ounce Arabic Gum
- Botanical Colour at your Fingertips
|Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past
Lowest new price: $12.59
Lowest used price: $14.88
List price: $28.95
Author: David Reich
A groundbreaking book about how ancient DNA has profoundly changed our understanding of human history.
Geneticists like David Reich have made astounding advances in the field of genomics, which is proving to be as important as archeology, linguistics, and written records as a means to understand our ancestry.
In Who We Are and How We Got Here, Reich allows readers to discover how the human genome provides not only all the information a human embryo needs to develop but also the hidden story of our species. Reich delves into how the genomic revolution is transforming our understanding of modern humans and how DNA studies reveal deep inequalities among different populations, between the sexes, and among individuals. Provocatively, Reich’s book suggests that there might very well be biological differences among human populations but that these differences are unlikely to conform to common stereotypes.
Drawing upon revolutionary findings and unparalleled scientific studies, Who We Are and How We Got Here is a captivating glimpse into humankind—where we came from and what that says about our lives today.
|Student Lab Notebook: 100 Spiral Bound duplicate pages(Package may vary)
Lowest new price: $12.88
Lowest used price: $2.51
List price: $26.56
Author: Hayden-McNeil Publishers
Brand: Brand: Hayden McNeil Publishing
100 Carbonless duplicate pages sequentially numbered.
Copy (bottom page) perforated.
Fully laminated front and back cover.
Back cover folds over to prevent bleed through between sets.
Durable plasticoil spiral binding allows notebook to lie flat.
Cover contains most up-to-date Periodic Table and general lab reference information.
Table of Contents page and How to Keep a Laboratory Notebook guidelines included.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Blueprint: How DNA Makes Us Who We Are (The MIT Press)
Lowest new price: $24.02
List price: $27.95
Author: Robert Plomin
A top behavioral geneticist makes the case that DNA inherited from our parents at the moment of conception can predict our psychological strengths and weaknesses.
In Blueprint, behavioral geneticist Robert Plomin describes how the DNA revolution has made DNA personal by giving us the power to predict our psychological strengths and weaknesses from birth. A century of genetic research shows that DNA differences inherited from our parents are the consistent life-long sources of our psychological individuality―the blueprint that makes us who we are. This, says Plomin, is a game changer.
Plomin has been working on these issues for almost fifty years, conducting longitudinal studies of twins and adoptees. He reports that genetics explains more of the psychological differences among people than all other factors combined. Genetics accounts for fifty percent of psychological differences―not just mental health and school achievement but all psychological traits, from personality to intellectual abilities. Nature, not nurture is what makes us who we are.
Plomin explores the implications of this, drawing some provocative conclusions―among them that parenting styles don't really affect children's outcomes once genetics is taken into effect. Neither tiger mothers nor attachment parenting affects children's ability to get into Harvard. After describing why DNA matters, Plomin explains what DNA does, offering readers a unique insider's view of the exciting synergies that came from combining genetics and psychology.
Page 1 of 6839
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.