|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe
Lowest new price: $10.99
Lowest used price: $8.95
List price: $19.99
Author: Theodore Gray
Brand: Blackdog & Leventhal
The Elements has become an international sensation, with over one million copies in-print worldwide.
The highly-anticipated paperback edition of The Elements is finally available.
An eye-opening, original collection of gorgeous, never-before-seen photographic representations of the 118 elements in the periodic table.
The elements are what we, and everything around us, are made of. But how many elements has anyone actually seen in pure, uncombined form? The Elements provides this rare opportunity. Based on seven years of research and photography, the pictures in this book make up the most complete, and visually arresting, representation available to the naked eye of every atom in the universe. Organized in order of appearance on the periodic table, each element is represented by a spread that includes a stunning, full-page, full-color photograph that most closely represents it in its purest form. For example, at -183°C, oxygen turns from a colorless gas to a beautiful pale blue liquid.
Also included are fascinating facts, figures, and stories of the elements as well as data on the properties of each, including atomic weight, density, melting and boiling point, valence, electronegativity, and the year and location in which it was discovered. Several additional photographs show each element in slightly altered forms or as used in various practical ways. The element's position on the periodic table is pinpointed on a mini rendering of the table and an illustrated scale of the element's boiling and/or melting points appears on each page along with a density scale that runs along the bottom.
Packed with interesting information, this combination of solid science and stunning artistic photographs is the perfect gift book for every sentient creature in the universe.
Includes a tear-out poster of Theodore Gray's iconic Photographic Periodic Table!
- Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe
|The Feynman Lectures on Physics, boxed set: The New Millennium Edition
Lowest new price: $132.30
Lowest used price: $126.00
List price: $230.00
Author: Richard P. Feynman
Brand: Basic Books
The legendary introduction to physics from the subject's greatest teacher
"The whole thing was basically an experiment," Richard Feynman said late in his career, looking back on the origins of his lectures. The experiment turned out to be hugely successful, spawning a book that has remained a definitive introduction to physics for decades. Ranging from the most basic principles of Newtonian physics through such formidable theories as general relativity and quantum mechanics, Feynman's lectures stand as a monument of clear exposition and deep insight. Now, we are reintroducing the printed books to the trade, fully corrected, for the first time ever, and in collaboration with Caltech. Timeless and collectible, the lectures are essential reading, not just for students of physics but for anyone seeking an introduction to the field from the inimitable Feynman.
- Exercises for the Feynman Lectures on Physics
- Feynman's Tips on Physics: Reflections, Advice, Insights, Practice - A Problem-Solving Supplement to the Feynman Lectures on Physics
- QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter (Princeton Science Library)
- Six Easy Pieces: Essentials of Physics Explained by Its Most Brilliant Teacher
- Six Not-So-Easy Pieces: Einstein’s Relativity, Symmetry, and Space-Time
- "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!": Adventures of a Curious Character
- Calculus, Vol. 1: One-Variable Calculus, with an Introduction to Linear Algebra
- Modern Classical Physics: Optics, Fluids, Plasmas, Elasticity, Relativity, and Statistical Physics
- Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals: Emended Edition (Dover Books on Physics)
|Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past
Lowest new price: $12.95
Lowest used price: $14.99
List price: $28.95
Author: David Reich
A groundbreaking book about how ancient DNA has profoundly changed our understanding of human history.
Geneticists like David Reich have made astounding advances in the field of genomics, which is proving to be as important as archeology, linguistics, and written records as a means to understand our ancestry.
In Who We Are and How We Got Here, Reich allows readers to discover how the human genome provides not only all the information a human embryo needs to develop but also the hidden story of our species. Reich delves into how the genomic revolution is transforming our understanding of modern humans and how DNA studies reveal deep inequalities among different populations, between the sexes, and among individuals. Provocatively, Reich’s book suggests that there might very well be biological differences among human populations but that these differences are unlikely to conform to common stereotypes.
Drawing upon revolutionary findings and unparalleled scientific studies, Who We Are and How We Got Here is a captivating glimpse into humankind—where we came from and what that says about our lives today.
|The Photographic Card Deck of the Elements: With Big Beautiful Photographs of All 118 Elements in the Periodic Table
Lowest new price: $15.21
Lowest used price: $12.47
List price: $24.99
Author: Theodore Gray
Brand: Black Dog & Leventhal
A companion to the bestselling book The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe, this beautiful photographic card deck features all 118 elements in the periodic table. One element per card appears as a full-size image on the front and fascinating information about the element on the back.The Photographic Card Deck of The Elements is the most detailed, lush, and beautiful set of cards ever produced on the subject of the periodic table. With 126, 5"X5" cards in all, it includes one card for every one of the 118 elements, plus additional cards that explain the arrangement of the periodic table, present the elements sorted by various properties, and suggest activities and uses for the cards. The front side of each card shows a full-size, photographic image of the element, while the back gives scientific information including atomic weight, density, melting and boiling point, valence, and th
|Make Ink: A Forager’s Guide to Natural Inkmaking
Lowest new price: $28.27
Lowest used price: $67.86
List price: $29.99
Author: Jason Logan
The Toronto Ink Company was founded in 2014 by designer and artist Jason Logan as a citizen science experiment to make eco-friendly, urban ink from street-harvested pigments. In Make Ink, Logan delves into the history of inkmaking and the science of distilling pigment from the natural world. Readers will learn how to forage for materials such as soot, rust, cigarette butts, peach pits, and black walnut, then how to mix, test, and transform these ingredients into rich, vibrant inks that are sensitive to both place and environment. Organized by color, and featuring lovely minimalist photography throughout, Make Ink combines science, art, and craft to instill the basics of ink making and demonstrate the beauty and necessity of engaging with one of mankind’s oldest tools of communication.
- Botanical Inks: Plant-to-Print Dyes, Techniques and Projects
- The Organic Artist: Make Your Own Paint, Paper, Pigments, Prints and More from Nature
- Bound: 15 beautiful bookbinding projects
- The Art of the Fold: How to Make Innovative Books and Paper Structures
- The Art and Science of Natural Dyes: Principles, Experiments, and Results
- Botanical Colour at your Fingertips
- Winsor & Newton Gum Arabic, 75ml
- Mending Matters: Stitch, Patch, and Repair Your Favorite Denim & More
- Wild Color, Revised and Updated Edition: The Complete Guide to Making and Using Natural Dyes
- Gum Arabic (Acacia) Powder (4 oz.) by Pure Organic Ingredients, Essential Ingredient for DIY Watercolor Paints, Craft Cocktails, Royal Icing, Ice Cream, and Much More
|Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam 2019, Premium Edition: 5 Practice Tests + Complete Content Review (College Test Preparation)
Lowest new price: $13.25
Lowest used price: $17.34
List price: $25.99
Author: Princeton Review
PREMIUM PRACTICE FOR A PERFECT 5! Ace the AP Chemistry Exam with this Premium version of The Princeton Review's comprehensive study guide. Includes 5 full-length practice exams, plus thorough content reviews, targeted test strategies, and access to online extras.
Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
• Comprehensive content review for all test topics
• Up-to-date information on the 2019 AP Chemistry Exam
• Engaging activities to help you critically assess your progress
• Access to online study plans, a handy list of key equations, helpful pre-college information, and more
Premium Practice for AP Excellence.
• 4 full-length practice tests in the book with detailed answer explanations
• 1 additional full-length practice test online with detailed answer explanations
• Practice drills at the end of each content chapter
• Review of important laboratory procedures and equipment
Techniques That Actually Work.
• Tried-and-true strategies to help you avoid traps and beat the test
• Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
• Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
Written by Princeton Review experts who know their way around chem, Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam will give you the help you need to get the score you want.
|One Line A Day Journal: Five Years of Memories, 6x9 Diary, Dated and Lined Book, Floral
Lowest new price: $8.99
Lowest used price: $2.12
List price: $9.99
Author: Creative Notebooks
This beautifully designed One Line A Day Journal is an easy way to record funny, loving, sad, happy or poignant moments in life. It contains 365 pages, 6"x9", each with five separate lined areas allowing you to write down and revisit your most precious memories. Whether as a thoughtful gift or a journal for yourself, the pages are ready and waiting to be filled.
- 365 Pages - One For Each Day of The Year
- Crisp White Pages with a Thick Cardstock Cover
- Stylish, Elegant Cover Art
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Perfect Bound
- Great for Mom!
- One Line A Day: Five Years of Memories, Floral Watercolor, 6x9 Diary, Dated and Lined Book
- One Line A Day Journal: Five Years of Memories, 6x9 Diary, Dated and Lined Book, Floral Sketch
- One Line a Day, Five Years of Memories: Blue Marble Ink, A Five Year Memoir, 6x9 Dated and Lined Diary (One Line a Day: a Five Year Memory Book)
- One Line A Day Journal: Five Years of Memories, Greyscale Floral, 6x9 Diary, Dated and Lined Book
- One Line A Day Journal: Five Years of Memories, 6x9 Diary, Dated and Lined Book
- Floral One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
- One Line a Day, Five Years of Memories: Pastel Pink, A Five Year Memoir, 6x9 Dated and Lined Diary, 5 year Journal (One Line a Day a Five Year Memory Book)
- One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
- One Line A Day Journal: Five Years of Memories, 6x9 Diary, Dated and Lined Book, Black With Blue Dots
- Celestial One Line a Day
|The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $3.43
List price: $17.00
Author: Sam Kean
Brand: Back Bay Books
From New York Times bestselling author Sam Kean comes incredible stories of science, history, finance, mythology, the arts, medicine, and more, as told by the Periodic Table. Why did Gandhi hate iodine (I, 53)? How did radium (Ra, 88) nearly ruin Marie Curie's reputation? And why is gallium (Ga, 31) the go-to element for laboratory pranksters?*
The Periodic Table is a crowning scientific achievement, but it's also a treasure trove of adventure, betrayal, and obsession. These fascinating tales follow every element on the table as they play out their parts in human history, and in the lives of the (frequently) mad scientists who discovered them. THE DISAPPEARING SPOON masterfully fuses science with the classic lore of invention, investigation, and discovery--from the Big Bang through the end of time. *Though solid at room temperature, gallium is a moldable metal that melts at 84 degrees Fahrenheit. A classic science prank is to mold gallium spoons, serve them with tea, and watch guests recoil as their utensils disappear.
- The Violinist's Thumb: And Other Lost Tales of Love, War, and Genius, as Written by Our Genetic Code
- The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons: The History of the Human Brain as Revealed by True Stories of Trauma, Madness, and Recovery
- Stuff Matters: Exploring the Marvelous Materials That Shape Our Man-Made World
- Napoleon's Buttons: How 17 Molecules Changed History
- Caesar's Last Breath: And Other True Tales of History, Science, and the Sextillions of Molecules in the Air Around Us
- The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Rivalry, Adventure, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements (Young Readers Edition)
- The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York
- Caesar's Last Breath: Decoding the Secrets of the Air Around Us
- Periodic Tales: A Cultural History of the Elements, from Arsenic to Zinc
- Uncle Tungsten: Memories of a Chemical Boyhood
|Change Your Genes, Change Your Life: Creating Optimal Health with the New Science of Epigenetics
Lowest new price: $12.31
Lowest used price: $24.12
List price: $16.95
Author: Dr Kenneth R. Pelletier
Our biology is no longer destiny. Our genes respond to everything we do, according to the revolutionary new science of epigenetics. In other words, our inherited DNA doesn't rigidly determine our health and disease prospects as the previous generation of geneticists believed. Especially in the last ten years, scientists have confirmed that the vast majority of our genes are actually fluid and dynamic. An endless supply of new studies prove that our health is an expression of how we live our lives--that what we eat and think and how we handle daily stress, plus the toxicity of our immediate environment--creates an internal biochemistry that can actually turn genes on or off. Managing these biochemical effects on our genome is the new key to radiant wellness and healthy longevity.
Now gaining broad credibility among scientists, the study of epigenetics is at the forefront of modern medicine. According to the author, the real upshot of the epigenetic revolution is that it opens the door to what futurists call personalized medicine. For the first time in a trade book, Dr. Pelletier explains in layperson's language the genetic biomarkers that will become the standard reference for measuring which specific lifestyle changes are required to optimize a given individual's health. In the very near future, each person's state-of-the-art genetic and epigenetic profile--matched with other precise indicators such as assays of the gut microbiome--will guide their daily health practices.
This short but profound book by a world-renowned pioneer in integrative medicine introduces readers to this exciting new field, and reveals the steps that each of us can take today to change our genetic expression and thereby optimize our health for a lifetime.
|Molecules: The Elements and the Architecture of Everything
Lowest new price: $13.11
Lowest used price: $13.86
List price: $19.99
Author: Theodore Gray
Brand: Black Dog & Leventhal
In this paperback edition of the beloved second book in Theodore Gray's bestselling (1.5 million copies) Elements trilogy, Gray demonstrates how the elements of the periodic table combine into the molecules that form the things that make up our world.
Molecules is the second book in the million-copy bestselling Elements trilogy. In Molecules, Theodore Gray takes the next step in the story that began with the periodic table in his best-selling book, The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe (2015) and culminated with the publication of Reactions: An Illustrated Exploration of Elements, Molecules, and Change in the Universe (2017). Here, he explores through fascinating stories and trademark stunning photography the most interesting, essential, useful, and beautiful of the millions of chemical structures that make up every material in the world.
Gray begins with an explanation of how atoms bond to form molecules and compounds, as well as the difference between organic and inorganic chemistry. He then goes on to explore the vast array of materials molecules can create, including: soaps and solvents; goops and oils; rocks and ores; ropes and fibers; painkillers and dangerous drugs; sweeteners; perfumes and stink bombs; colors and pigments; and controversial compounds including asbestos, CFCs, and thimerosal.
Big, gorgeous photographs, as well as diagrams of the compounds and their chemical bonds, rendered with never before seen beauty, fill the pages and capture molecules in their various states.
It's the perfect book for his loyal fans who've been eager for more and for anyone fascinated with the mysteries of the material world.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
Page 2 of 7063
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.