|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Solvent Mixtures: Properties and Selective Solvation
Lowest new price: $147.41
Lowest used price: $58.71
List price: $243.00
Author: Yitzhak Marcus
Brand: Brand: CRC Press
Compiling, comparing, and analyzing research from a wide range of abstracts, journal articles, and Web sites, this reference examines the properties, function, and behavior of binary, ternary, and multicomponent mixtures in the presence and absence of solutes. The author uniformly presents extensive data on the properties of solvent mixtures and describes their structures and interactions. He details the impact of preferential solvation on the environment, action, and components of chemical systems. The book highlights experimental approaches to determine when, and to what extent, preferential solvation has taken place and models for organic, ionic, macromolecular, and biochemical solutes.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Principles of Instrumental Analysis
Lowest new price: $93.98
Lowest used price: $33.35
List price: $447.95
Author: Douglas A. Skoog
Brand: Skoog, Douglas A./ Holler, F. James/ Crouch, Stanley R.
PRINCIPLES OF INSTRUMENTAL ANALYSIS has long been the standard for courses that deal with the principles and applications of modern analytical instruments. Now with their new Sixth Edition, authors Douglas A. Skoog, F. James Holler, and Stanley R. Crouch infuse their popular text with updated techniques as well as new Instrumental Analysis in Action case studies. The book's updated material enhances its proven approach, which places an emphasis on the theoretical basis of each type of instrument, its optimal area of application, its sensitivity, its precision, and its limitations. PRINCIPLES OF INSTRUMENTAL ANALYSIS also introduces students to elementary analog and digital electronics, computers, and treatment of analytical data. A book companion website is available, providing students with tutorials on instrumental methods, Excel files of data analysis and simulations of analytical techniques to help them visualize important concepts in this course, and selected papers from the chemical literature to stimulate interest and provide background information for study.
|Strategic Applications of Named Reactions in Organic Synthesis
Lowest new price: $79.98
Lowest used price: $56.49
List price: $114.00
Author: Laszlo Kurti
Kurti and Czako have produced an indispensable tool for specialists and non-specialists in organic chemistry. This innovative reference work includes 250 organic reactions and their strategic use in the synthesis of complex natural and unnatural products. Reactions are thoroughly discussed in a convenient, two-page layout--using full color. Its comprehensive coverage, superb organization, quality of presentation, and wealth of references, make this a necessity for every organic chemist.
* The first reference work on named reactions to present colored schemes for easier understanding
* 250 frequently used named reactions are presented in a convenient two-page layout with numerous examples
* An opening list of abbreviations includes both structures and chemical names
* Contains more than 10,000 references grouped by seminal papers, reviews, modifications, and theoretical works
* Appendices list reactions in order of discovery, group by contemporary usage, and provide additional study tools
* Extensive index quickly locates information using words found in text and drawings
|Gas Sensing Fundamentals (Springer Series on Chemical Sensors and Biosensors)
Lowest new price: $190.70
Lowest used price: $192.24
List price: $329.99
This volume, which addresses various basic sensor principles, covers micro gravimetric sensors, semiconducting and nano tube sensors, calorimetric sensors and optical sensors. Furthermore, the authors discuss recent developments in the related sensitive layers including new properties of nano structured metal oxide layers. They provide in-depth insights into the unique chemistry and signal generation of copper oxide in percolating sensors and present a variety of applications of functional polymers made possible by proper imprinting.
Highlights of the subjects covered include:
• requirements for high-temperature sensors
• carbon nano tube sensors
• new sensing model for nanostructured In2O3
• bio mimetic approach for semiconductor sensor-based systems
• optical readout for inorganic and organic semiconductor sensors
• concept of virtual multisensors to improve specificity and selectivity
• calorimetric sensors for hydrogen peroxide detection
• percolation effect-based sensors to implement dosimeters
• imprinted polymer layers for bulk and surface acoustic wave sensors
|Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, 4th Edition (Book + 1-Year Online Access Package)
Lowest new price: $479.86
Lowest used price: $545.00
List price: $825.00
Brand: Brand: Pharmaceutical Press
Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, 4th Edition is now being offered solely as a print and online package. It is a full book & digital package, consisting of the two volume reference book in a slip case, plus one year's individual access to the online version of Clarke's via MedicinesComplete, with all the attendant benefits, including updating annually.
(A secure code will be included in the package enabling the end-user to access MedicinesComplete and setup their account and their 1-Year subscription)
MedicinesComplete is produced and updated by Pharmaceutical Press.
Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons is the definitive source of analytical data for drugs and poisons. Written by over 40 international experts, the resource also boasts an editorial advisory board of over 45 world renowned scientists.
This reference work has been completely revised and updated for the new edition, and comprises two volumes.
The book is essential for all forensic and clinical toxicologists, pathologists, hospital pharmacists, pharmaceutical analysts, clinical pharmacologists, clinical and forensic laboratories, and poison information centers.
From the reviews of the previous edition
'Some things in life are worth the wait and truly this 3rd edition of Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons falls into this category…the quality is superb' Australian Journal of Forensic Sciences
'Clarke has gained an international reputation as a reliable source of information for the analyses of drugs, and this new highly-expanded edition is the 21st century's successor.' Veterinary and Human Toxicology
'The content is comprehensive, absorbing and layout is well planned and executed. Without doubt, this volume will be a much well thumbed institution in any serious analytical laboratory and will assist generations of scientists in years to come.' Pharmacy Education
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Electrochemical Methods: Fundamentals and Applications
Lowest new price: $87.13
Lowest used price: $101.53
Author: Allen J. Bard
This edition is fully revised to reflect the current state off the field.
- Significant additions include ultramicroelectrodes, modified electrodes, and scanning probe methods.
- Many chapters have been modified and improved, including electrode kinetics, voltammetric methods, and mechanisms of coupled chemical reactions.
|The Analytical Chemistry of Cannabis: Quality Assessment, Assurance, and Regulation of Medicinal Marijuana and Cannabinoid Preparations (Emerging Issues in Analytical Chemistry)
Lowest new price: $45.23
Lowest used price: $46.55
List price: $49.95
Author: Brian F Thomas
Brand: Elsevier Science Technology
A volume in the Emerging Issues in Analytical Chemistry series, The Analytical Chemistry of Cannabis: Quality Assessment, Assurance, and Regulation of Medicinal Marijuana and Cannabinoid Preparations provides analytical chemistry methods that address the latest issues surrounding cannabis-based products. The plethora of marketed strains of cannabis and cannabinoid-containing products, combined with the lack of industry standards and labelling requirements, adds to the general perception of poor quality control and limited product oversight. The methods described in this leading-edge volume help to support the manufacturing, labelling, and distribution of safe and consistent products with known chemical content and demonstrated performance characteristics. It treats analytical chemistry within the context of the diverse issues surrounding medicinal and recreational cannabis in a manner designed to foster understanding and rational perspective in non-scientist stakeholders as well as scientists who are concerned with bringing a necessary degree of order to a field now characterized by confusion and contradiction.
The Emerging Issues in Analytical Chemistry series is published in partnership with RTI International and edited by Brian F. Thomas. Please be sure to check out our other featured volumes:
- Hackney, Anthony C. Exercise, Sport, and Bioanalytical Chemistry: Principles and Practice, 9780128092064, March 2016.
- Tanna, Sangeeta and Lawson, Graham. Analytical Chemistry for Assessing Medication Adherence, 9780128054635, April 2016.
- Rao, Vikram, Knight, Rob, and Stoner, Brian. Sustainable Shale Oil and Gas: Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Geochemistry Methods, 9780128103890, forthcoming September 2016.
- Farsalinos, Konstantinos, et al. Analytical Assessment of e-Cigarettes: From Contents to Chemical and Particle Exposure Profiles, 9780128112410, forthcoming November 2016.
- Addresses current and emerging analytical chemistry methods―an approach that is unique among the literature on this topic
- Presents information from a broad perspective of the issues in a single compact volume
- Employs language comprehensible to non-technical stakeholders as well as to specialists in analytical chemistry
- Elsevier Science Technology
- Marijuana Chemistry: Genetics, Processing, Potency
- Beyond Buds: Marijuana Extracts—Hash, Vaping, Dabbing, Edibles and Medicines
- Cannabis Pharmacy: The Practical Guide to Medical Marijuana -- Revised and Updated
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids: Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutic Potential
- The Cannabis Health Index: Combining the Science of Medical Marijuana with Mindfulness Techniques To Heal 100 Chronic Symptoms and Diseases
- Handbook of Cannabis (Handbooks in Psychopharmacology)
- Marijuana Horticulture Fundamentals: A Comprehensive Guide to Cannabis Cultivation and Hashish Production
- The Cannabis Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to Cultivation & Consumption of Medical Marijuana
- The Cannabis Spa at Home: How to Make Marijuana-Infused Lotions, Massage Oils, Ointments, Bath Salts, Spa Nosh, and More
- The Cannabis Breeder's Bible: The Definitive Guide to Marijuana Genetics, Cannabis Botany and Creating Strains for the Seed Market
|The Chemistry of Fragrances: From Perfumer to Consumer (RSC Paperbacks)
Lowest new price: $32.02
Lowest used price: $36.54
List price: $42.00
Ever wondered how perfumes are developed? Or why different scents appeal to different people? The Chemistry of Fragrances 2nd Edition offers answers to these questions, providing a fascinating insight into the perfume industry, from the conception of an idea to the finished product. It discusses the technical, artistic and commercial challenges of the perfume industry in an informative and engaging style, with contributions from leading experts in the field.
The book begins with a historical introduction and covers all aspects of the development process - from customer brief to producing a fragrance including: Ingredients acquisition; Ingredient design and manufacture; Design and analysis of fragrance; Sensory aspects including odour perception; Psychological impact of fragrance; Technical challenges; Safety. An updated section on the measurement of fragrance discusses the role of senses in marketing consumer products.
This book will appeal to anyone with an interest in the perfumery business and includes an extensive bibliography to enable those interested to explore the field further. It also comes complete with a selection of colour illustrations and a fragranced page.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
|Science Teacher Notes: Journal with Lined and Blank Pages for Science Teacher Appreciation Gift
Lowest new price: $7.99
List price: $7.99
Author: Teacher Appreciation Quotes and Gifts
Show an awesome Science Teacher how much you appreciate their hard work with this funny Science Teacher quote.
This journal has half lightly lined pags and half blank pages - perfect for classroom notes, lists, Science problems, ideas or doodles.
Lines on one side, blank on the opposite side
Soft matte cover with blackboard and chalk funny teacher quote.
Size is 6x9 perfect for purses, bags or desks.
This under ten dollar gift for teachers is a perfect for:
Science Teacher appreciation week gift
End of year teacher gift
Teacher Christmas gift
Teacher gift for men
Teacher gift for women
Mom or Dad Science Teacher
|Quantitative Chemical Analysis
Lowest new price: $102.06
Lowest used price: $20.99
List price: $233.99
Author: Daniel C. Harris
Brand: W.H. Freeman & Company
The most widely used analytical chemistry textbook in the world, Dan Harris's Quantitative Chemical Analysis provides a sound physical understanding of the principles of analytical chemistry, showing how these principles are applied in chemistry and related disciplines—especially in life sciences and environmental science. As always, the new edition incorporates real data, spreadsheets, and a wealth of applications, in a witty, personable presentation that engages students without compromising the depth necessary for a thorough and practical understanding of analytical chemistry.
Page 2 of 929
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.