|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Understanding Voltammetry (2Nd Edition)
Lowest new price: $57.60
Lowest used price: $47.44
List price: $64.00
Author: Richard G Compton
Brand: Compton Richard G Banks Craig E
The power of electrochemical measurements in respect of thermodynamics, kinetics and analysis is widely recognized but the subject can be unpredictable to the novice even if they have a strong physical and chemical background, especially if they wish to pursue the study of quantitative measurements further. Accordingly, some significant experiments are perhaps wisely never attempted while the literature is sadly replete with flawed attempts at rigorous voltammetry.
This textbook considers how to go about designing, explaining and interpreting experiments centered around various forms of voltammetry (cyclic, microelectrode, hydrodynamic, etc.). The reader is assumed to have attained a knowledge equivalent to Master's level of physical chemistry but no exposure to electrochemistry in general, or voltammetry in particular. While the book is designed to "stand alone", references to important research papers are given to provide an introductory entry into the literature.
In comparison to the first edition, two new chapters — transport via migration and nanoelectrochemistry — are added. Minor changes and updates are also made throughout the textbook to facilitate enhanced understanding and greater clarity of exposition.
Readership: Graduate students pursuing electrochemistry and electroanalytical studies, as well as researchers and industrialists working in the area.
- Understanding Voltammetry
|Interpretation of MS-MS Mass Spectra of Drugs and Pesticides (Wiley Series on Mass Spectrometry)
Lowest new price: $106.36
Lowest used price: $105.14
List price: $135.00
Author: W. M. A. Niessen
Provides comprehensive coverage of the interpretation of LC–MS–MS mass spectra of 1300 drugs and pesticides
- Provides a general discussion on the fragmentation of even-electron ions (protonated and deprotonated molecules) in both positive-ion and negative-ion modes
- This is the reference book for the interpretation of MS–MS mass spectra of small organic molecules
- Covers related therapeutic classes of compounds such as drugs for cardiovascular diseases, psychotropic compounds, drugs of abuse and designer drugs, antimicrobials, among many others
- Covers general fragmentation rule as well as specific fragmentation pathways for many chemical functional groups
- Gives an introduction to MS technology, mass spectral terminology, information contained in mass spectra, and to the identification strategies used for different types of unknowns
|Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography
Lowest new price: $112.19
Lowest used price: $79.97
List price: $153.00
Author: Lloyd R. Snyder
Brand: Snyder, Lloyd R./ Kirkland, Joseph J./ Dolan, John W.
The latest edition of the authoritative reference to HPLC
High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is today the leading technique for chemical analysis and related applications, with an ability to separate, analyze, and/or purify virtually any sample. Snyder and Kirkland's Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography has long represented the premier reference to HPLC. This Third Edition, with John Dolan as added coauthor, addresses important improvements in columns and equipment, as well as major advances in our understanding of HPLC separation, our ability to solve problems that were troublesome in the past, and the application of HPLC for new kinds of samples.
This carefully considered Third Edition maintains the strengths of the previous edition while significantly modifying its organization in light of recent research and experience. The text begins by introducing the reader to HPLC, its use in relation to other modern separation techniques, and its history, then leads into such specific topics as:
Designed to fulfill the needs of the full range of HPLC users, from novices to experts, Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography, Third Edition offers the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and accessible survey of HPLC methods and applications available.
- The basis of HPLC separation and the general effects of different experimental conditions
- Equipment and detection
- The column—the "heart" of the HPLC system
- Reversed-phase separation, normal-phase chromatography, gradient elution, two-dimensional separation, and other techniques
- Computer simulation, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and method validation and quality control
- The separation of large molecules, including both biological and synthetic polymers
- Chiral separations, preparative separations, and sample preparation
- Systematic development of HPLC separations—new to this edition
- Troubleshooting tricks, techniques, and case studies for both equipment and chromatograms
|Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds
Lowest new price: $70.00
Lowest used price: $63.64
List price: $110.14
Author: Robert M. Silverstein
Free upgrade to UPS or Priority / BRAND NEW / [clean wrapped, well protected] [Authentic edition exactly the same as the Official Listing] / Genuine US Bookstore! Get your book in perfect condition! We also ship international!
|Instrumental Analysis: Revised Edition
Lowest new price: $143.20
Lowest used price: $135.00
List price: $149.95
Author: Robert M. Granger
Instrumental Analysis provides a rigorous, modern, and engaging coverage of chemical instrumentation, written with the undergraduate student in mind. At its core, Instrumental Analysis includes the underlying theory, instrumental design, applications and operation of spectroscopic, electroanalytical, chromatographic, and mass spectral instrumentation. It provides students with the requisite skills to identify the comparative advantages and disadvantages in choosing one analytical technique over another by combining direct comparisons of the techniques with a discussion of how these choices affect the interpretation of the data in its final form.
|Practical Environmental Bioremediation: The Field Guide, Second Edition
Lowest new price: $66.26
Lowest used price: $2.47
List price: $172.95
Author: R. Barry King
Bioremediation, or enhanced microbiological treatment, of environments contaminated with a variety of organic and inorganic compounds is one of the most effective innovative technologies to come around this century! Practical Environmental Bioremediation: The Field Guide presents updated material, case histories and many instructive illustrations to reflect the evolving image of this fast-emerging industry.
Bioremediation technology has witnessed great strides towards simplifying treatability formats, finding new approaches to field application, more potent nutrient formulations, monitoring protocols and the resulting general improvement in results. This new guide condenses all current available knowledge and presents necessary technical aspects and concepts in language that can be readily comprehended by the technical student, experienced scientist or engineer, the aspiring newcomer, or anyone else interested in this exciting natural cleanup technique.
|Handbook of Modern Sensors: Physics, Designs, and Applications
Lowest new price: $93.35
Lowest used price: $103.69
List price: $119.00
Author: Jacob Fraden
This book presents a comprehensive and up-to-date account of the theory (physical principles), design, and practical implementations of various sensors for scientific, industrial, and consumer applications. This latest edition focuses on the sensing technologies driven by the expanding use of sensors in mobile devices. These new miniature sensors will be described, with an emphasis on smart sensors which have embedded processing systems. The chapter on chemical sensors has also been expanded to present the latest developments.
Digital systems, however complex and intelligent they may be, must receive information from the outside world that is generally analog and not electrical. Sensors are interface devices between various physical values and the electronic circuits that "understand" only a language of moving electrical charges. In other words, sensors are the eyes, ears, and noses of silicon chips.
Unlike other books on sensors, the Handbook of Modern Sensors is organized according to the measured variables (temperature, pressure, position, etc.). This book is a reference text for students, researchers interested in modern instrumentation (applied physicists and engineers), sensor designers, application engineers and technicians whose job it is to understand, select and/or design sensors for practical systems.
- Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 3: Sensors for Location, Presence, Proximity, Orientation, Oscillation, Force, Load, Human Input, Liquid ... Light, Heat, Sound, and Electricity
- Practical Electronics for Inventors, Fourth Edition
- Make: Sensors: A Hands-On Primer for Monitoring the Real World with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Sensors: An Introductory Course
- Sensor Technologies: Healthcare, Wellness and Environmental Applications (Expert's Voice in Networked Technologies)
- Z&T Solderless Flexible Breadboard Jumper Wires M/M 100pcs
- BookFactory Black Engineering Notebook / Graph Paper Notebook / Quadrille 4 X 4 Quad Ruled Book - 96 Pages (.25" Lab Grid Format), 8" x 10", Black Cover, Smyth Sewn Hardbound (LIRPE-096-SGR-A-LKT4)
- Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 2: LEDs, LCDs, Audio, Thyristors, Digital Logic, and Amplification
- Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 1: Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Switches, Encoders, Relays, Transistors
- Raspberry Pi Cookbook: Software and Hardware Problems and Solutions
|XAFS for Everyone
Lowest new price: $91.79
Lowest used price: $115.19
List price: $116.00
Author: Scott Calvin
Brand: Brand: CRC Press
XAFS for Everyone provides a practical, thorough guide to x-ray absorption fine-structure (XAFS) spectroscopy for both novices and seasoned practitioners from a range of disciplines. The text is enhanced with more than 200 figures as well as cartoon characters who offer informative commentary on the different approaches used in XAFS spectroscopy.
The book covers sample preparation, data reduction, tips and tricks for data collection, fingerprinting, linear combination analysis, principal component analysis, and modeling using theoretical standards. It describes both near-edge (XANES) and extended (EXAFS) applications in detail. Examples throughout the text are drawn from diverse areas, including materials science, environmental science, structural biology, catalysis, nanoscience, chemistry, art, and archaeology. In addition, five case studies from the literature demonstrate the use of XAFS principles and analysis in practice. The text includes derivations and sample calculations to foster a deeper comprehension of the results.
Whether you are encountering this technique for the first time or looking to hone your craft, this innovative and engaging book gives you insight on implementing XAFS spectroscopy and interpreting XAFS experiments and results. It helps you understand real-world trade-offs and the reasons behind common rules of thumb.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Physical Kinetics: Volume 10 (Course of Theoretical Physics S)
Lowest new price: $51.00
Lowest used price: $27.99
List price: $72.95
Author: L. P. Pitaevskii
Brand: Brand: Butterworth-Heinemann
This volume is mainly concerned with a systematic development of the theory of plasmas, the authority being firmly rooted in the pioneering work of Landau. Corresponding results are also given for partially ionized plasmas, relativistic plasmas, degenerate or non-ideal plasmas and solid state plasmas.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Electrodynamics of Continuous Media, Second Edition: Volume 8 (Course of Theoretical Physics S)
- Fluid Mechanics, Second Edition: Volume 6 (Course of Theoretical Physics S)
- 009: Statistical Physics: Theory of the Condensed State (Pt 2)
- 004: Quantum Electrodynamics, Second Edition: Volume 4 (Course of Theoretical Physics)
- Theory of Elasticity, Third Edition: Volume 7 (Theoretical Physics)
- Statistical Physics, Third Edition, Part 1: Volume 5 (Course of Theoretical Physics, Volume 5)
- Mechanics, Third Edition: Volume 1 (Course of Theoretical Physics S)
- The Classical Theory of Fields, Fourth Edition: Volume 2 (Course of Theoretical Physics Series)
- Quantum Mechanics, Third Edition: Non-Relativistic Theory (Volume 3)
- Classical Electrodynamics Third Edition
|Chem Lab Basics (Quick Study Academic)
Lowest new price: $0.99
Lowest used price: $0.31
List price: $4.95
Author: Inc. BarCharts
This 2-page study guide contains basic chemistry analysis and concepts designed specifically to aid science students.
Page 4 of 903
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.