|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Handbook of GC-MS: Fundamentals and Applications
Lowest new price: $182.53
Lowest used price: $179.40
List price: $270.00
Author: Hans-Joachim Hübschmann
The only comprehensive reference on this popular and rapidly developing technique provides a detailed overview, ranging from fundamentals to applications, including a section on the evaluation of GC-MS analyses.
As such, it covers all aspects, including the theory and principles, as well as a broad range of real-life examples taken from laboratories in environmental, food, pharmaceutical and clinical analysis. It also features a glossary of approximately 300 terms and a substance index that facilitates finding a specific application.
For this new edition the work has been now extended to two volumes, reflecting the latest developments in the technique and related instrumentation, while also incorporating several new examples of applications in many fields.
The first two editions were very well received, making this handbook a must-have in all analytical laboratories using GC-MS.
|Coherent Raman Scattering Microscopy (Series in Cellular and Clinical Imaging)
Lowest new price: $150.42
Lowest used price: $79.94
List price: $210.00
Brand: Brand: Routledge
The First Book on CRS Microscopy
Compared to conventional Raman microscopy, coherent Raman scattering (CRS) allows label-free imaging of living cells and tissues at video rate by enhancing the weak Raman signal through nonlinear excitation. Edited by pioneers in the field and with contributions from a distinguished team of experts, Coherent Raman Scattering Microscopy explains how CRS can be used to obtain a point-by-point chemical map of live cells and tissues.
In color throughout, the book starts by establishing the foundation of CRS microscopy. It discusses the principles of nonlinear optical spectroscopy, particularly coherent Raman spectroscopy, and presents the theories of contrast mechanisms pertinent to CRS microscopy. The text then provides important technical aspects of CRS microscopy, including microscope construction, detection schemes, and data analyses. It concludes with a survey of applications that demonstrate how CRS microscopy has become a valuable tool in biomedicine.
Due to its label-free, noninvasive examinations of living cells and organisms, CRS microscopy has opened up exciting prospects in biology and medicine―from the mapping of 3D distributions of small drug molecules to identifying tumors in tissues. An in-depth exploration of the theories, technology, and applications, this book shows how CRS microscopy has impacted human health and will deepen our understanding of life processes in the future.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|NMR Data Interpretation Explained: Understanding 1D and 2D NMR Spectra of Organic Compounds and Natural Products
Lowest new price: $78.04
Lowest used price: $70.23
List price: $150.00
Author: Neil E. Jacobsen
Through numerous examples, the principles of the relationship between chemical structure and the NMR spectrum are developed in a logical, step-by-step fashion
- Includes examples and exercises based on real NMR data including full 600 MHz one- and two-dimensional datasets of sugars, peptides, steroids and natural products
- Includes detailed solutions and explanations in the text for the numerous examples and problems and also provides large, very detailed and annotated sets of NMR data for use in understanding the material
- Describes both simple aspects of solution-state NMR of small molecules as well as more complex topics not usually covered in NMR books such as complex splitting patterns, weak long-range couplings, spreadsheet analysis of strong coupling patterns and resonance structure analysis for prediction of chemical shifts
- Advanced topics include all of the common two-dimensional experiments (COSY, ROESY, NOESY, TOCSY, HSQC, HMBC) covered strictly from the point of view of data interpretation, along with tips for parameter settings
|Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy
Lowest new price: $107.26
Lowest used price: $63.25
List price: $119.99
Author: Joseph R. Lakowicz
The third edition of this established classic text reference builds upon the strengths of its very popular predecessors. Organized as a broadly useful textbook Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, 3rd edition maintains its emphasis on basics, while updating the examples to include recent results from the scientific literature. The third edition includes new chapters on single molecule detection, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy, novel probes and radiative decay engineering. Includes a link to Springer Extras to download files reproducing all book artwork, for easy use in lecture slides. This is an essential volume for students, researchers, and industry professionals in biophysics, biochemistry, biotechnology, bioengineering, biology and medicine.
- Introduction to Fluorescence
- Molecular Fluorescence: Principles and Applications
- Fundamentals of Light Microscopy and Electronic Imaging
- Molecular Driving Forces: Statistical Thermodynamics in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Nanoscience, 2nd Edition
- Introduction to Linear Algebra, Fifth Edition
- Cell Biology by the Numbers
- Introducing Proteomics: From Concepts to Sample Separation, Mass Spectrometry and Data Analysis
- Fundamentals of Enzyme Kinetics
- Statistics and Chemometrics for Analytical Chemistry (6th Edition)
- Scientific Notebook Company Flush Trimmed, Research Laboratory Notebook, 192 Pages, Smyth Sewn, 9.25 X 11.25, 4x4 Grid (Black)
|ICH Quality Guidelines: An Implementation Guide
Lowest new price: $273.11
Lowest used price: $281.63
List price: $350.00
Examining the implications and practical implementation of multi-disciplinary International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) topics, this book gives an integrated view of how the guidelines inform drug development strategic planning and decision-making.
• Addresses a consistent need for interpretation, training, and implementation examples of ICH guidelines via case studies
• Offers a primary reference point for practitioners addressing the dual challenge of interpretation and practical implementation of ICH guidelines
• Uses case studies to help readers understand and apply ICH guidelines
• Provides valuable insights into guidelines development, with chapters by authors involved in generating or with experience implementing the guidelines
• Includes coverage of stability testing, analytical method validation, impurities, biotechnology drugs and products, and good manufacturing practice (GMP)
|Proteomic Profiling and Analytical Chemistry, Second Edition: The Crossroads
Lowest new price: $132.70
Lowest used price: $110.32
List price: $149.95
Proteomic Profiling and Analytical Chemistry: The Crossroads, Second Edition helps scientists without a strong background in analytical chemistry to understand principles of the multistep proteomic experiment necessary for its successful completion. It also helps researchers who do have an analytical chemistry background to break into the proteomics field. Highlighting points of junction between proteomics and analytical chemistry, this resource links experimental design with analytical measurements, data analysis, and quality control. This targeted point of view will help both biologists and chemists to better understand all components of a complex proteomic study.
The book provides detailed coverage of experimental aspects such as sample preparation, protein extraction and precipitation, gel electrophoresis, microarrays, dynamics of fluorescent dyes, and more. The key feature of this book is a direct link between multistep proteomic strategy and quality control routinely applied in analytical chemistry. This second edition features a new chapter on SWATH-MS, substantial updates to all chapters, including proteomic database search and analytical quantification, expanded discussion of post-hoc statistical tests, and additional content on validation in proteomics.
- Covers the analytical consequences of protein and peptide modifications that may have a profound effect on how and what researchers actually measure
- Includes practical examples illustrating the importance of problems in quantitation and validation of biomarkers
- Helps in designing and executing proteomic experiments with sound analytics
|Principles of Instrumental Analysis, 6th Edition
Lowest new price: $15.08
Lowest used price: $22.33
Author: Douglas A. Skoog
Principles of Instrumental Analysis By Skoog (New) 6e (Paperback)
|The Immunoassay Handbook, Fourth Edition: Theory and Applications of Ligand Binding, ELISA and Related Techniques
Lowest new price: $210.16
Lowest used price: $130.00
List price: $220.00
The fourth edition of The Immunoassay Handbook provides an excellent, thoroughly updated guide to the science, technology and applications of ELISA and other immunoassays, including a wealth of practical advice. It encompasses a wide range of methods and gives an insight into the latest developments and applications in clinical and veterinary practice and in pharmaceutical and life science research.
Highly illustrated and clearly written, this award-winning reference work provides an excellent guide to this fast-growing field. Revised and extensively updated, with over 30% new material and 77 chapters, it reveals the underlying common principles and simplifies an abundance of innovation.
The Immunoassay Handbook reviews a wide range of topics, now including lateral flow, microsphere multiplex assays, immunohistochemistry, practical ELISA development, assay interferences, pharmaceutical applications, qualitative immunoassays, antibody detection and lab-on-a-chip.
This handbook is a must-read for all who use immunoassay as a tool, including clinicians, clinical and veterinary chemists, biochemists, food technologists, environmental scientists, and students and researchers in medicine, immunology and proteomics. It is an essential reference for the immunoassay industry.
Provides an excellent revised guide to this commercially highly successful technology in diagnostics and research, from consumer home pregnancy kits to AIDS testing. www.immunoassayhandbook.com is a great resource that we put a lot of effort into. The content is designed to encourage purchases of single chapters or the entire book.
David Wild is a healthcare industry veteran, with experience in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and immunodiagnostics, which remains his passion. He worked for Amersham, Eastman-Kodak, Johnson & Johnson, and Bristol-Myers Squibb, and consulted for diagnostics and biotechnology companies. He led research and development programs, design and construction of chemical and biotechnology plants, and integration of acquired companies. Director-level positions included Research and Development, Design Engineering, Operations and Strategy, for billion dollar businesses. He retired from full-time work in 2012 to focus on his role as Editor of The Immunoassay Handbook, and advises on product development, manufacturing and marketing.
- Provides a unique mix of theory, practical advice and applications, with numerous examples
- Offers explanations of technologies under development and practical insider tips that are sometimes omitted from scientific papers
- Includes a comprehensive troubleshooting guide, useful for solving problems and improving assay performancee
- Provides valuable chapter updates, now available on www.immunoassayhandbook.com
|Modern NMR Approaches to the Structure Elucidation of Natural Products: Volume 1: Instrumentation and Software
Lowest new price: $167.89
Lowest used price: $193.89
List price: $196.00
Strychnine’s poisonous nature was known in 16th century Europe, and the alkaloid was isolated in pure form for the first time in 1818. Then began a more than century-long quest to unravel the structure of strychnine that led to two Nobel prizes, clearly without the assistance of the modern spectroscopic methods to which we now have access. In his 1963 report of the synthesis, Woodward said, "The tangled skein of atoms which constitutes its molecule provided a fascinating structural problem that was pursued intensively during the century just past, and was solved finally only within the last decade." The structure elucidation of complex natural products is facilitated today by access to modern instrumentation and experimental techniques. Using a modern 600 MHz NMR spectrometer equipped with a 1.7 mm cryogenic probe and a 1 mg sample, it is now possible to acquire a comprehensive suite of 2D NMR spectra that rigorously characterizes the complex structure of strychnine in a scant 24 hours. When the 2D NMR data are combined with Computer-Assisted Structure Elucidation methods, the structure can be solved in mere seconds. It is against this historical backdrop that these two volumes regarding the Structure Elucidation of Natural Products by NMR is set.
Volume 1 discusses contemporary NMR approaches including optimized and future hardware and experimental approaches to obtain both the highest quality and most appropriate spectral data for analysis. Volume 2 considers data processing and algorithmic based analyses tailored to natural product structure elucidation and reviews the application of NMR to the analysis of a series of different natural product families including marine natural products, terpenes, steroids, and carbohydrates. These books, bringing together acknowledged experts, uniquely focus on the combination of experimental approaches and modern hardware and software applied to the structure elucidation of natural products. The volumes will be an essential resource for NMR spectroscopists, natural product chemists and industrial researchers working on natural product analysis or the characterization of impurities and degradation products of pharmaceuticals that can be scarce as natural product samples.
|LC/MS: A Practical User's Guide
Lowest new price: $75.00
Lowest used price: $64.95
List price: $102.95
Author: Marvin C. McMaster
A practical guide to using and maintaining an LC/MS system
The combination of liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) has become the laboratory tool of choice for a broad range of industries that require the separation, analysis, and purification of mixtures of organic compounds.
LC/MS: A Practical User's Guide provides LC/MS users with an easy-to-use, hands-on reference that focuses on the practical applications of LC/MS and introduces the equipment and techniques needed to use LC/MS successfully. Following a thorough explanation of the basic components and operation of the LC/MS system, the author presents empirical methods for optimizing the techniques, maintaining the instrumentation, and choosing the appropriate MS or LC/MS analyzer for any given problem.
LC/MS covers everything users need to know about:
An accompanying PowerPoint® slide-set on CD-ROM provides vital teaching tools for instructors and new equipment operators. Abundantly illustrated and easily accessible, the text is designed to help students and practitioners acquire optimum proficiency in this powerful and rapidly advancing analytical application.
- The latest equipment, including quadrupole, time-of-flight, and ion trap analyzers
- Cutting-edge processes, such as preparing HPLC mobile phases and samples; handling and maintaining a wide variety of silica, zirconium, and polymeric separation columns; interpreting and quantifying mass spectral data; and using MS interfaces
- Current and future applications in the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries, biotechnology, clinical research, environmental studies, and forensics
Page 5 of 902
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.