|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Periodic Table Basic (Quickstudy Reference Guides - Academic)
Lowest new price: $1.67
Lowest used price: $1.59
List price: $2.95
Author: Inc. BarCharts
Periodic table of the elements.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|2: Perfumes, Cosmetics and Soaps: Volume II The Production, Manufacture and Application of Perfumes (Volume 2)
Lowest new price: $221.51
Lowest used price: $220.80
List price: $249.99
Author: W.A. Poucher
During the past decade there have been many changes in the perfumery industry which are not so much due to the discovery and application of new raw materials, but rather to the astronomic increase in the cost of labour required to produce them. This is reflected more particularly in the flower industry, where the cost of collecting the blossoms delivered to the factories has gone up year after year, so much so that most flowers with the possible exception of Mimosa, have reached a cost price which has compelled the perfumer to either reduce his purchases of absolutes and concretes, or alternatively to substitute them from a cheaper source, or even to discontinue their use. This development raises an important and almost insoluble problem for the perfumer, who is faced with the necessity of trying to keep unchanged the bouquet of his fragrances, and moreover, to ensure no loss of strength and diffusiveness. Of course, this problem applies more especially to the adjustment of formulae for established perfumes, because in every new creation the present high cost of raw materials receives imperative con sideration before the formula is approved.
|Handbook of Pharmaceutical Excipients
Lowest new price: $394.99
Lowest used price: $343.37
List price: $555.00
The Handbook of Pharmaceutical Excipients collects together essential data on the physical properties of excipients as well as providing information on their safe use and applications. All of the 400+ monographs are also thoroughly cross-referenced and indexed to allow their identification by chemical, non-proprietary or trade names. It is internationally recognised as the authoritative source of information on pharmaceutical excipients and a comprehensive guide to uses, properties and safety.
Monographs benefit from a standardized, easy-to-use template and include:
- Pharmacopeial information from the UK, Europe, Japan and the United States where relevant
- Non-proprietary names and synonyms
- Chemical name, CAS Registry number, empirical formula, molecular weight
- Functional category, applications and incompatibilities
- Material description and typical properties
- Safety, stability, storage and handling information
- Method of manufacture
- Related substances
- Primary references
- Editorial comments
- Authors details and revision date
Changes to this new edition:
- Contains revised and updated monographs
- 20 + new monographs including amino acids Arginine, Proline and Asparagine
- Includes newly added Raman spectra for many excipients
- New chapter content including information on excipients in oral solid dose formulations, and pediatric formulations
- information on USP, EP, JP for all excipients relevant to pharmaceuticals
|An Introduction to Medicinal Chemistry
Lowest new price: $50.72
Lowest used price: $51.89
List price: $64.95
Author: Graham Patrick
Brand: OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS ACADEM
For many people, taking some form of medication is part of everyday life, whether for mild or severe illness, acute or chronic disease, to target infection or to relieve pain. However for most it remains a mystery as to what happens once the drug has been taken into the body: how do the drugs actually work? Furthermore, by what processes are new drugs discovered and brought to market?
An Introduction to Medicinal Chemistry, sixth edition, provides an accessible and comprehensive account of this fascinating multidisciplinary field. Assuming little prior knowledge, the text is ideal for those studying the subject for the first time. Part one of the book introduces the principles of drug action via targets such as receptors and enzymes. The book goes on to explore how drugs work at the molecular level (pharmacodynamics), and the processes involved in ensuring a drug meets its target (pharmacokinetics). Further sections cover the processes by which drugs are discovered and designed, and what has to happen before a drug can be made available to the public. The book concludes with a selection of current topics in medicinal chemistry, and a discussion of various key drug groups. The subject is brought to life throughout by engaging case studies highlighting particular drugs and the stories behind their discovery and development.
The Online Resource Centre features:
DT Multiple Choice Questions to support self-directed learning
DT Web articles describing recent developments in the field and further information on topics covered in the book
DT Journal Club to encourage students to critically analyse the research literature
DT Molecular Modelling Exercises, with new exercises in Chem3D
DT New assignments to help students develop data analysis and problem solving skills
For registered adopters of the book:
DT A test bank of additional multiple-choice questions, with links to relevant sections in the book
DT Answers to end-of-chapter questions.
DT Figures from the book, ready to download.
DT Power Point slides to accompany every chapter in the book.
- OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS ACADEM
|Advanced Organic Chemistry: Part B: Reaction and Synthesis
Lowest new price: $45.21
Lowest used price: $30.99
List price: $74.99
Author: Francis A. Carey
The two-part, fifth edition of Advanced Organic Chemistry has been substantially revised and reorganized for greater clarity. The material has been updated to reflect advances in the field since the previous edition, especially in computational chemistry. Part B describes the most general and useful synthetic reactions, organized on the basis of reaction type. It can stand-alone; together, with Part A: Structure and Mechanisms, the two volumes provide a comprehensive foundation for the study in organic chemistry. Companion websites provide digital models for students and exercise solutions for instructors.
|Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations
Lowest new price: $87.00
Lowest used price: $54.85
List price: $266.95
A comprehensive and fully updated edition filled with over 250 clinical correlations
This book presents a clear and precise discussion of the biochemistry of eukaryotic cells, particularly those of mammalian tissues, relates biochemical events at a cellular level to the subsequent physiological processes in the whole animal, and cites examples of abnormal biochemical processes in human disease. The organization and content are tied together to provide students with the complete picture of biochemistry and how it relates to human diseases. Loaded with new material and chapters and brimming with detailed, full-color illustrations that clearly explain associated concepts, this seventh edition is an indispensable tool for students and professionals in the medical or health sciences.
|Medical Cannabis for Chronic Pain Relief
Lowest new price: $6.17
Lowest used price: $7.28
List price: $9.95
Author: Steven Leonard-Johnson RN PhD
The foreword written by: Al Byrne, LCDR, USN, ret. Co-founder and Director Emeritus of Patients Out of Time, Co-founder of Veterans for Medical Cannabis Access.
United States Veterans are overdosing on prescription pain medicine at twice the rate of the general public. Many complain they feel over-medicated.
Many Veterans swear by cannabis, as seen in this Weed for Warriors video, a very graphic video "WHO ARE THE WEED FOR WARRIORS." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hyceg6ws1s
- CBD-Rich Hemp Oil: Cannabis Medicine is Back
- Cannabis Pharmacy: The Practical Guide to Medical Marijuana -- Revised and Updated
- The Cannabis Health Index: Combining the Science of Medical Marijuana with Mindfulness Techniques To Heal 100 Chronic Symptoms and Diseases
- The Medical Marijuana Dispensary: Understanding, Medicating, and Cooking with Cannabis
- Cannabis and CBD Science for Dogs: Natural Supplements to Support Healthy Living and Graceful Aging
- The Healing Effects of CBD Rich Hemp Oil - Make Your Own CBD Oil at Home: How to Extract, Use and Heal with Cannabis Medicine
- CBD: Cannabidiol — Legal Hemp for Health: The ultimate guide to CBD-rich medical marijuana, including CBD oil, Rick Simpson oil, and cannabis for pain and other ailments
- Marijuana: Guide To Illness And Pain Management
- Hemp Oil and CBD: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to CBD and Hemp Oil for Better Health, Faster Healing and More Happiness
- The Cannabis Spa at Home: How to Make Marijuana-Infused Lotions, Massage Oils, Ointments, Bath Salts, Spa Nosh, and More
|The Immunoassay Handbook, Fourth Edition: Theory and Applications of Ligand Binding, ELISA and Related Techniques
Lowest new price: $154.94
Lowest used price: $133.85
List price: $220.00
The fourth edition of The Immunoassay Handbook provides an excellent, thoroughly updated guide to the science, technology and applications of ELISA and other immunoassays, including a wealth of practical advice. It encompasses a wide range of methods and gives an insight into the latest developments and applications in clinical and veterinary practice and in pharmaceutical and life science research.
Highly illustrated and clearly written, this award-winning reference work provides an excellent guide to this fast-growing field. Revised and extensively updated, with over 30% new material and 77 chapters, it reveals the underlying common principles and simplifies an abundance of innovation.
The Immunoassay Handbook reviews a wide range of topics, now including lateral flow, microsphere multiplex assays, immunohistochemistry, practical ELISA development, assay interferences, pharmaceutical applications, qualitative immunoassays, antibody detection and lab-on-a-chip.
This handbook is a must-read for all who use immunoassay as a tool, including clinicians, clinical and veterinary chemists, biochemists, food technologists, environmental scientists, and students and researchers in medicine, immunology and proteomics. It is an essential reference for the immunoassay industry.
Provides an excellent revised guide to this commercially highly successful technology in diagnostics and research, from consumer home pregnancy kits to AIDS testing. www.immunoassayhandbook.com is a great resource that we put a lot of effort into. The content is designed to encourage purchases of single chapters or the entire book.
David Wild is a healthcare industry veteran, with experience in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and immunodiagnostics, which remains his passion. He worked for Amersham, Eastman-Kodak, Johnson & Johnson, and Bristol-Myers Squibb, and consulted for diagnostics and biotechnology companies. He led research and development programs, design and construction of chemical and biotechnology plants, and integration of acquired companies. Director-level positions included Research and Development, Design Engineering, Operations and Strategy, for billion dollar businesses. He retired from full-time work in 2012 to focus on his role as Editor of The Immunoassay Handbook, and advises on product development, manufacturing and marketing.
- Provides a unique mix of theory, practical advice and applications, with numerous examples
- Offers explanations of technologies under development and practical insider tips that are sometimes omitted from scientific papers
- Includes a comprehensive troubleshooting guide, useful for solving problems and improving assay performancee
- Provides valuable chapter updates, now available on www.immunoassayhandbook.com
|The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry, Fourth Edition
Lowest new price: $141.84
Lowest used price: $168.58
List price: $150.00
The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry, Fourth Edition provides a practical and comprehensive overview of the daily issues facing pharmaceutical researchers and chemists. In addition to its thorough treatment of basic medicinal chemistry principles, this updated edition has been revised to provide new and expanded coverage of the latest technologies and approaches in drug discovery.
With topics like high content screening, scoring, docking, binding free energy calculations, polypharmacology, QSAR, chemical collections and databases, and much more, this book is the go-to reference for all academic and pharmaceutical researchers who need a complete understanding of medicinal chemistry and its application to drug discovery and development.
- Includes updated and expanded material on systems biology, chemogenomics, computer-aided drug design, and other important recent advances in the field
- Incorporates extensive color figures, case studies, and practical examples to help users gain a further understanding of key concepts
- Provides high-quality content in a comprehensive manner, including contributions from international chapter authors to illustrate the global nature of medicinal chemistry and drug development research
- An image bank is available for instructors at www.textbooks.elsevier.com
|Safety-Scale Laboratory Experiments for Chemistry for Today (Brooks/Cole Laboratory Series for General, Organic, and Biochemistry)
Lowest new price: $79.38
Lowest used price: $28.98
List price: $269.95
Author: Spencer L. Seager
This proven lab manual offers a unique blend of laboratory skills and exercises that effectively illustrate concepts from the main text, CHEMISTRY FOR TODAY: GENERAL, ORGANIC, AND BIOCHEMISTRY, 8e. The book's 15 general chemistry and 20 organic/biochemistry safety-scale laboratory experiments use small quantities of chemicals and emphasize safety and proper disposal of materials. "Safety-scale' is the authors' own term for describing the amount of chemicals each lab experiment requires--less than macroscale quantities, which are expensive and hazardous, and more than microscale quantities, which are difficult to work with and require special equipment.
- Chemistry for Today: General, Organic, and Biochemistry
- Introductory Chemistry for Today
- Organic and Biochemistry for Today
- General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry: An Applied Approach
- Essentials of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
- Fundamentals of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (7th Edition)
- Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry
- Connect Access Card for Biology
- Nutrition Through the Life Cycle
Page 1 of 144
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.