|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Personalizing Precision Medicine: A Global Voyage from Vision to Reality
Lowest new price: $15.05
Lowest used price: $11.77
List price: $29.95
Author: Kristin Ciriello Pothier
The author uses decades of experience and interviews with experts in precision medicine to explain past, present, and future of precision medicine. She reviews the full continuum of personalizing precision medicine, including diagnostics, therapeutics, big data, supportive care, regulation, and reimbursement and innovation in precision medicine worldwide.
• Combines a unique cross section of history, current technologies, and future directions for how precision medicine has and will affect people worldwide
• Reviews precision medicine around the world, including the US, China, Japan, the Middle East, India, Europe, and Latin America
• Discusses a number of diseases areas – cancer, cardiovascular, neurodegenerative, infectious disease, pain, immunology, rare diseases
• Includes information and quotes from over 100 interviews with key industry experts in biotech, pharma, informatics, diagnostics, health providers, advocacy groups, and more.
• Includes stories illustrating current issues and future promises in precision medicine for a human touch
- Personalizing Personalized Medicine
|Amorphous Drugs: Benefits and Challenges
Lowest new price: $112.37
Lowest used price: $117.99
List price: $129.00
Author: Marzena Rams-Baron
This book explains theoretical and technological aspects of amorphous drug formulations. It is intended for all those wishing to increase their knowledge in the field of amorphous pharmaceuticals. Conversion of crystalline material into the amorphous state, as described in this book, is a way to overcome limited water solubility of drug formulations, in this way enhancing the chemical activity and bioavailability inside the body.
Written by experts from various fields and backgrounds, the book introduces to fundamental physical aspects (explaining differences between the ordered and the disordered solid states, the enhancement of solubility resulting from drugs amorphization, physical instability and how it can be overcome) as well as preparation and formulation procedures to produce and stabilize amorphous pharmaceuticals. Readers will thus gain a well-funded understanding and find a multi-faceted discussion of the properties and advantages of amorphous drugs and of the challenges in producing and stabilizing them. The book is an ideal source of information for researchers and students as well as professionals engaged in research and development of amorphous pharmaceutical products.
|Bioanalysis of Pharmaceuticals: Sample Preparation, Separation Techniques and Mass Spectrometry
Lowest new price: $90.75
Lowest used price: $142.41
List price: $165.00
Bioanalysis of Pharmaceuticals: Sample Preparation, Separation Techniques and Mass Spectrometry is the first student textbook on the separation science and mass spectrometry of pharmaceuticals present in biological fluids with an educational presentation of the principles, concepts and applications. It discusses the chemical structures and properties of low- and high-molecular drug substances; the different types of biological samples and fluids that are used; how to prepare the samples by extraction, and how to perform the appropriate analytical measurements by chromatographic and mass spectrometric methods.
Bioanalysis of Pharmaceuticals: Sample Preparation, Separation Techniques and Mass Spectrometry:
- Is an introductory student textbook discussing the different principles and concepts clearly and comprehensively, with many relevant and educational examples
- Focuses on substances that are administered as human drugs, including low-molecular drug substances, peptides, and proteins
- Presents both the basic principles that are regularly taught in universities, along with the practical use of bioanalysis as carried out by researchers in the pharmaceutical industry and in hospital laboratories
- Is aimed at undergraduate students, scientists, technicians and researchers in industry working in the areas of pharmaceutical analyses, biopharmaceutical analyses, biological and life sciences
The book includes multiple examples to illustrate the theory and application, with many practical aspects including calculations, thus helping the student to learn how to convert the data recorded by instruments into the real concentration of the drug substances within the biological sample.
|Advanced Organic Chemistry, Part A: Structure and Mechanisms
Lowest new price: $53.96
Lowest used price: $19.96
List price: $74.99
Author: Francis A. Carey
The two-part, fifth edition of Advanced Organic Chemistry has been substantially revised and reorganized for greater clarity. The material has been updated to reflect advances in the field since the previous edition, especially in computational chemistry. Part A covers fundamental structural topics and basic mechanistic types. It can stand-alone; together, with Part B: Reaction and Synthesis, the two volumes provide a comprehensive foundation for the study in organic chemistry. Companion websites provide digital models for study of structure, reaction and selectivity for students and exercise solutions for instructors.
|Advanced Organic Chemistry: Part B: Reaction and Synthesis
Lowest new price: $35.09
Lowest used price: $19.68
List price: $74.99
Author: Francis A. Carey
The two-part, fifth edition of Advanced Organic Chemistry has been substantially revised and reorganized for greater clarity. The material has been updated to reflect advances in the field since the previous edition, especially in computational chemistry. Part B describes the most general and useful synthetic reactions, organized on the basis of reaction type. It can stand-alone; together, with Part A: Structure and Mechanisms, the two volumes provide a comprehensive foundation for the study in organic chemistry. Companion websites provide digital models for students and exercise solutions for instructors.
|The Chemist's Companion: A Handbook of Practical Data, Techniques, and References
Lowest new price: $77.22
Lowest used price: $14.95
List price: $213.95
Author: Arnold J. Gordon
Here in one source is a wide variety of practical, everyday information often required by chemists but seldom found together, if at all, in the standard handbooks, data collections, manuals, and other usual sources. Discussing physical, chemical, and mechanical properties of substances and systems, the authors answer such questions as:
The book is divided into nine chapters and covers properties of atoms and molecules, spectroscopy, photochemistry, chromatography, kinetics and thermodynamics, various experimental techniques, and mathematical and numerical information, including the definitions, values, and usage rules of the newly adopted International System of Units (SI Units). A section on statistical treatment of data which provides an actual least-squares computer program is also included. In the spectroscopy chapter, very extensive and up-to-date collections of spectral correlation data are presented for ir, uv-vis, optical rotation, nmr, and mass spectra, along with data on esr and nqr spectroscopy. Also included is a variety of hard-to-classify but frequently sought information, such as names and addresses of microanalysis companies and chemistry publishers, descriptions and commercial sources of atomic and molecular models, and safety data for hazardous chemicals. More than 500 key references are also included, most of which are recent. There are important hints and definitions associated with the art as well as the state of the art for the appropriate subjects. Also found throughout the book are about 250 suppliers and directions for obtaining special booklets or other material.
- How do I test for and destroy peroxides in different solvents and what is the best way to purify such solvents?
- What are the structure, physical properties, and recent references to the use of common-name solvents and solvent aids such as the "Skellysolves," "Cellosolves," "Crownanes," and "Glymes"?
- What is the utility of a particular molecular sieve, or permeation gel, or epoxy cement, or liquid crystal, and where do I buy them and find references to their application?
Containing a wealth of useful information, The Chemist's Companion will be an indispensable guide for students and professional chemists in nearly all the chemical disciplines. In addition, it will provide for the teacher and student an unusual adjunct for use in a broad cross-section of chemistry courses.
|Chemical Principles in the Laboratory
Lowest new price: $83.20
Lowest used price: $76.80
List price: $238.95
Author: Emil Slowinski
Brand: Brooks / Cole
Succeed in chemistry with CHEMICAL PRINCIPLES IN THE LABORATORY, Eleventh Edition! Clear, user-friendly, and direct, this lab manual provides you with the tools you need to successfully complete lab experiments and lab reports. Analyzing the data you observe in lab sessions is easy with the manual's numerous Advance Study Assignments that give you extra practice with processing data through sample questions. In addition, a special section shows you how to use Excel to simplify making calculations.
|New Drug Development: A Regulatory Overview (New Drug Development ( Mathieu))
Lowest new price: $125.00
Lowest used price: $95.92
List price: $145.00
Author: Mark Mathieu
Brand: Brand: Parexel Intl Corp
Go inside the drug development and FDA regulatory process with today's most authoritative and popular reference on the topic. In its all-new 2008 edition, New Drug Development: A Regulatory Overview addresses the most cutting-edge developments redefining how new drugs are developed and regulated today, including:
* How the FDA Amendments Act of 2007 will affect everything from drug reviews to postmarketing requirements.
* How the CDER's efforts to integrate a culture of drug safety has affected the center's structure and its new drug review and approval processes.
* How CDER's much-anticipated January 2008 transition to the eCTD as the only valid esubmission format will affect the FDA's drug submission and review process.
* How the FDA and industry are already integrating pharmacogenomics, computer simulation, and other emerging technologies to inform key decisions.
* Which drug development strategies are fulfilling their promise and offering optimal returns for industry, given the explosion of accelerated development/approval programs and pilot programs to speed the drug development and review process.
Find out why New Drug Development is pharma/biotech's go-to resource for regulatory, clinical, project management, training, and other drug development disciplines navigating the FDA's drug development approval processes.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Compendium of Chiral Auxiliary Applications, Three-Volume Set
Lowest new price: $200.30
Lowest used price: $188.88
List price: $2,000.00
Author: Gregory Roos
The Compendium is a detailed compilation of chiral auxiliaries which are used in the field of organic chemistry to direct "asymmetric synthesis". A molecule is called chiral because it can have two "enantiomers" -- like left and right-handed molecules. An enantiomer is either of two molecules of the same chemical composition that are mirror images of each other but not identical. A "chiral auxiliary" is an aid / auxiliary used to specifically produce either the left or right enantiomer of the chosen molecule, as desired. In this comprehesive reference source, industrial chemists can make informed selections of an auxiliary for a specific application. It is fully cross-referenced to enable the comparative selection of auxiliaries. The work includes over 13,000 auxiliary reaction applications with complete reaction details of the synthetic routes, reagents, and primary literature references.
* This remarkable major reference work is the first such compilation and represents the only total source for the diverse applications of auxiliaries
* Thoroughly cross-referenced to enable comparative
|Chem Lab Basics (Quick Study Academic)
Lowest new price: $0.99
Lowest used price: $0.31
List price: $4.95
Author: Inc. BarCharts
This 2-page study guide contains basic chemistry analysis and concepts designed specifically to aid science students.
Page 2 of 147
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.