|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Personalizing Precision Medicine: A Global Voyage from Vision to Reality
Lowest new price: $20.80
Lowest used price: $20.38
List price: $29.95
Author: Kristin Ciriello Pothier
The author uses decades of experience and interviews with experts in precision medicine to explain past, present, and future of precision medicine. She reviews the full continuum of personalizing precision medicine, including diagnostics, therapeutics, big data, supportive care, regulation, and reimbursement and innovation in precision medicine worldwide.
• Combines a unique cross section of history, current technologies, and future directions for how precision medicine has and will affect people worldwide
• Reviews precision medicine around the world, including the US, China, Japan, the Middle East, India, Europe, and Latin America
• Discusses a number of diseases areas – cancer, cardiovascular, neurodegenerative, infectious disease, pain, immunology, rare diseases
• Includes information and quotes from over 100 interviews with key industry experts in biotech, pharma, informatics, diagnostics, health providers, advocacy groups, and more.
• Includes stories illustrating current issues and future promises in precision medicine for a human touch
|Laboratory Experiments for Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry
Lowest new price: $69.40
Lowest used price: $27.07
List price: $195.95
Author: Frederick A. Bettelheim
Brand: Cengage Learning
The 48 experiments in this well-conceived manual illustrate important concepts and principles in general, organic, and biochemistry. As in previous editions, three basic goals guided the development of all the experiments: (1) the experiments illustrate the concepts learned in the classroom; (2) the experiments are clearly and concisely written so that readers will easily understand the task at hand, will work with minimal supervision because the manual provides enough information on experimental procedures, and will be able to perform the experiments in a 2-1/2 hour laboratory period; and (3) the experiments are not only simple demonstrations, but also contain a sense of discovery. This edition includes many revised experiments and two new experiments.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry
- Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry
- Fundamentals of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (8th Edition)
- Chemistry for Today: General, Organic, and Biochemistry
- Fundamentals of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (7th Edition)
- Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry
- Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry, Hybrid Edition (with OWLv2 with MindTap Reader, 4 terms (24 months) Printed Access Card)
- Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Lab Manual for Brown's Understanding Food: Principles and Preparation, 5th
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry: An Applied Approach
|Medical Cannabis for Chronic Pain Relief
Lowest new price: $6.92
Lowest used price: $6.95
List price: $7.97
Author: Steven Leonard-Johnson RN PhD
The foreword written by: Al Byrne, LCDR, USN, ret. Co-founder and Director Emeritus of Patients Out of Time, Co-founder of Veterans for Medical Cannabis Access.
United States veterans are overdosing on prescription pain medicine at twice the rate of the general public. Many complain they feel over-medicated.
Many Veterans report that medical cannabis helps them like no other medicine, whether it's for their mental, physical, emotional and/or spiritual needs. The author wrote this book in hope that cannabis research may be accelerated and that our veterans may benefit from that research.
This book offers one of the most comprehensive and in depth explanations to date of how cannabis works in the body to relieve pain. Written by an experienced registered nurse with a PhD in alternative healthcare, this is a well-rounded book containing straight forward health care information for the cannabis patient, their family and caretakers. This book offers structured guidance and support to all of those venturing into the world of cannabis therapeutics.
Worldwide there are an estimated 69,000 deaths per year from opioid overdose and 15,000,000 who suffer from opioid dependence. WHO.
In the United States emergency room visits from prescription opioid overdoses are off the charts at 7,000 people per day. Overdose deaths involving prescription opioids have quadrupled since 1999, and so have sales of these prescription drugs. From 1999 to 2015, more than 183,000 people have died in the United States from overdoses related to prescription opioids.
The endocannabinoid system is the great regulator of the body. This book is about the care and treatment of the endocannabinoid system, under medical supervision, using medical cannabis to universally help treat chronic pain, addiction, anxiety, insomnia and many other ailments. Cannabis is the medicine of the endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system can be compromised by many factors, such as stress, trauma, pesticides, chemicals, poor nutrition to name a few. We produce our own cannabinoids naturally in the body and they are known as endo cannabinoids. When we develop internal cannabinoid deficiencies, external cannabinoids, hence cannabis may be used. Cannabis is the medicine of the endocannabinoid system. When the endocannabinoid system is deficient, opioid regulation may not function properly. This is what physicians trained in cannabis therapeutics will look for as part of their assessment for pain and medication management.
Cannabinoids can modulate pain perception, inhibit inflammation, and have a positive influence on pain-killing systems of the body, especially the opioid system. Cannabinoids have therapeutic value in pain management, especially against inflammatory and neuropathic pain, conditions which respond poorly to conventional therapy.
The author is a past “director of nursing” at a south Florida drug detox and treatment facility. Steve is co-author of Amazon best-seller: “CBD-Rich Hemp Oil: Cannabis Medicine is Back”
- CBD-Rich Hemp Oil: Cannabis Medicine is Back
- Cannabis Pharmacy: The Practical Guide to Medical Marijuana
- The Cannabis Health Index: Combining the Science of Medical Marijuana with Mindfulness Techniques To Heal 100 Chronic Symptoms and Diseases
- The Medical Marijuana Dispensary: Understanding, Medicating, and Cooking with Cannabis
- Cannabis and CBD Science for Dogs: Natural Supplements to Support Healthy Living and Graceful Aging
- The Healing Effects of CBD Rich Hemp Oil - Make Your Own CBD Oil at Home: How to Extract, Use and Heal with Cannabis Medicine
- CBD: Cannabidiol — Legal Hemp for Health: The ultimate guide to CBD-rich medical marijuana, including CBD oil, Rick Simpson oil, and cannabis for pain and other ailments
- Hemp Oil and CBD: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to CBD and Hemp Oil for Better Health, Faster Healing and More Happiness
- Beyond Buds: Marijuana Extracts—Hash, Vaping, Dabbing, Edibles and Medicines
- The Cannabis Spa at Home: How to Make Marijuana-Infused Lotions, Massage Oils, Ointments, Bath Salts, Spa Nosh, and More
|Clinical Laboratory Chemistry
Lowest new price: $193.73
Lowest used price: $38.76
List price: $146.20
Author: Robert L. Sunheimer
Clinical Laboratory Chemistry is a part of Pearson’s Clinical Laboratory Science series of books, which is designed to balance theory and application in an engaging and useful way. Readable and up-to-date, this book concentrates on clinically significant analytes professionals are likely to encounter in the lab. Highly detailed technical information and real-life case studies help learners envision themselves as members of the health care team—providing the laboratory services specific to chemistry that assist in patient care. Its fundamental approach and special features allow students to analyze and synthesize information, and better understand the ever-evolving nature of clinical chemistry. Special features in this book include:
Key terms alert
A Case-in-Point chapter openers highlight actual medical cases or situations that can occur in a clinical laboratory
What’s Ahead bulleted summaries identify the main topics or issues the reader should focus on
Checkpoints allow readers to reflect on the material and answer questions or apply information covered in that section
A Summary concludes each chapter and provides material for review
Two levels of Review Questions
|New Drug Development: A Regulatory Overview (New Drug Development ( Mathieu))
Lowest new price: $125.00
Lowest used price: $104.99
List price: $145.00
Author: Mark Mathieu
Brand: Brand: Parexel Intl Corp
Go inside the drug development and FDA regulatory process with today's most authoritative and popular reference on the topic. In its all-new 2008 edition, New Drug Development: A Regulatory Overview addresses the most cutting-edge developments redefining how new drugs are developed and regulated today, including:
* How the FDA Amendments Act of 2007 will affect everything from drug reviews to postmarketing requirements.
* How the CDER's efforts to integrate a culture of drug safety has affected the center's structure and its new drug review and approval processes.
* How CDER's much-anticipated January 2008 transition to the eCTD as the only valid esubmission format will affect the FDA's drug submission and review process.
* How the FDA and industry are already integrating pharmacogenomics, computer simulation, and other emerging technologies to inform key decisions.
* Which drug development strategies are fulfilling their promise and offering optimal returns for industry, given the explosion of accelerated development/approval programs and pilot programs to speed the drug development and review process.
Find out why New Drug Development is pharma/biotech's go-to resource for regulatory, clinical, project management, training, and other drug development disciplines navigating the FDA's drug development approval processes.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Bioconjugate Techniques, Third Edition
Lowest new price: $74.34
Lowest used price: $66.63
List price: $124.95
Author: Greg T. Hermanson
Bioconjugate Techniques, 3rd Edition, is the essential guide to the modification and cross linking of biomolecules for use in research, diagnostics, and therapeutics. It provides highly detailed information on the chemistry, reagent systems, and practical applications for creating labeled or conjugate molecules. It also describes dozens of reactions, with details on hundreds of commercially available reagents and the use of these reagents for modifying or crosslinking peptides and proteins, sugars and polysaccharides, nucleic acids and oligonucleotides, lipids, and synthetic polymers.
- Offers a one-stop source for proven methods and protocols for synthesizing bioconjugates in the lab
- Provides step-by-step presentation makes the book an ideal source for researchers who are less familiar with the synthesis of bioconjugates
- Features full color illustrations
- Includes a more extensive introduction into the vast field of bioconjugation and one of the most thorough overviews of immobilization chemistry ever presented
|The Immunoassay Handbook, Fourth Edition: Theory and Applications of Ligand Binding, ELISA and Related Techniques
Lowest new price: $130.90
Lowest used price: $118.34
List price: $220.00
The fourth edition of The Immunoassay Handbook provides an excellent, thoroughly updated guide to the science, technology and applications of ELISA and other immunoassays, including a wealth of practical advice. It encompasses a wide range of methods and gives an insight into the latest developments and applications in clinical and veterinary practice and in pharmaceutical and life science research.
Highly illustrated and clearly written, this award-winning reference work provides an excellent guide to this fast-growing field. Revised and extensively updated, with over 30% new material and 77 chapters, it reveals the underlying common principles and simplifies an abundance of innovation.
The Immunoassay Handbook reviews a wide range of topics, now including lateral flow, microsphere multiplex assays, immunohistochemistry, practical ELISA development, assay interferences, pharmaceutical applications, qualitative immunoassays, antibody detection and lab-on-a-chip.
This handbook is a must-read for all who use immunoassay as a tool, including clinicians, clinical and veterinary chemists, biochemists, food technologists, environmental scientists, and students and researchers in medicine, immunology and proteomics. It is an essential reference for the immunoassay industry.
Provides an excellent revised guide to this commercially highly successful technology in diagnostics and research, from consumer home pregnancy kits to AIDS testing. www.immunoassayhandbook.com is a great resource that we put a lot of effort into. The content is designed to encourage purchases of single chapters or the entire book.
David Wild is a healthcare industry veteran, with experience in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and immunodiagnostics, which remains his passion. He worked for Amersham, Eastman-Kodak, Johnson & Johnson, and Bristol-Myers Squibb, and consulted for diagnostics and biotechnology companies. He led research and development programs, design and construction of chemical and biotechnology plants, and integration of acquired companies. Director-level positions included Research and Development, Design Engineering, Operations and Strategy, for billion dollar businesses. He retired from full-time work in 2012 to focus on his role as Editor of The Immunoassay Handbook, and advises on product development, manufacturing and marketing.
- Provides a unique mix of theory, practical advice and applications, with numerous examples
- Offers explanations of technologies under development and practical insider tips that are sometimes omitted from scientific papers
- Includes a comprehensive troubleshooting guide, useful for solving problems and improving assay performancee
- Provides valuable chapter updates, now available on www.immunoassayhandbook.com
|Laboratory Safety for Chemistry Students
Lowest new price: $49.03
Lowest used price: $54.05
List price: $74.95
Author: Prof. Robert H. Hill Jr.
Provides knowledge and models of good practice needed by students to work safely in the laboratory as they progress through four years of undergraduate laboratory work
- Aligns with the revised safety instruction requirements from the ACS Committee on Professional Training 2015 “Guidelines and Evaluation Procedures for Bachelor’s Degree Programs”
- Provides a systematic approach to incorporating safety and health into the chemistry curriculum
- Topics are divided into layers of progressively more advanced and appropriate safety issues so that some topics are covered 2-3 times, at increasing levels of depth
- Develops a strong safety ethic by continuous reinforcement of safety; to recognize, assess, and manage laboratory hazards; and to plan for response to laboratory emergencies
- Covers a thorough exposure to chemical health and safety so that students will have the proper education and training when they enter the workforce or graduate school
|Fundamentals of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (6th Edition)
Lowest new price: $42.00
Lowest used price: $4.39
List price: $210.40
Author: John E. McMurry
This best-seller bears the hallmark of all John McMurry’s books. On style, it is concise and avoids the ‘wordiness’ of most GOB texts. On substance, it is unusual in its balance of chemical concepts to explain the quantitative aspects of chemistry, and provides greater depth of insight into the theoretical chemical principles. This makes for a wider spectrum of the different angles from which to view chemistry, and thus, captures a greater number of readers. With a focus on problem solving and engaging discussions of relevant applications, this volume effectively covers the essentials of allied health chemistry and puts it in the context of everyday life. This revision adds two new authors; the author team now includes a specialist in each specific area of GOB (David Ballantine, General Chemistry; Carl Hoeger, Organic Chemistry; Virginia Peterson, Biochemistry). Measurements, Atoms and Elements, Nuclear Radiation, Compounds and Their Bonds, Chemical Reactions and Quantities, Energy and Matter, Gases, Solutions, Chemical Equilibrium, Acids and Bases, Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Alkanes, Unsaturated Hydrocarbons, Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers, and Thiols, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Chiral Molecules, Carbohydrates, Carboxylic Acids and Esters, Lipids, Amines and Amides, Amino Acids and Proteins, Enzymes and Vitamins, Nucleic Acid and Protein Synthesis, Metabolic Pathways for Carbohydrates Metabolic Pathways and Energy Production, Metabolic Pathways for Lipids and Amino Acids. A useful reference for allied health professionals.
|Chem Lab Basics (Quickstudy: Academic)
Lowest new price: $3.00
Lowest used price: $0.25
List price: $4.95
Author: Inc. BarCharts
This 2-page study guide contains basic chemistry analysis and concepts designed specifically to aid science students.
Page 2 of 142
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.