|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Quality Assurance and Quality Control in the Analytical Chemical Laboratory: A Practical Approach, Second Edition (Analytical Chemistry)
Lowest new price: $104.24
Lowest used price: $103.54
List price: $139.95
Author: Piotr Konieczka
The second edition defines the tools used in QA/QC, especially the application of statistical tools during analytical data treatment. Clearly written and logically organized, it takes a generic approach applicable to any field of analysis. The authors begin with the theory behind quality control systems, then detail validation parameter measurements, the use of statistical tests, counting the margin of error, uncertainty estimation, traceability, reference materials, proficiency tests, and method validation. New chapters cover internal quality control and equivalence method, changes in the regulatory environment are reflected throughout, and many new examples have been added to the second edition.
|IB Diploma Programme Course Preparation: Chemistry (Oxford IB Course Preparation)
Lowest new price: $29.70
Lowest used price: $72.42
List price: $29.99
Author: Sergey Bylikin
Directly linked to Oxford's bestselling DP Science resources, this new Course Preparation resource thoroughly prepares students to meet the demands of IB Diploma Programme Chemistry. Ideal for students who have studied non-IB courses at pre-16 level, the text introduces learners to the IB approach, terminology and skills.
|Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG)
Lowest new price: $109.14
Lowest used price: $103.48
List price: $150.00
Author: Laurence A. Cole
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is produced during pregnancy by the embryo. It promotes progesterone production by corpus luteal cells. It also functions in pregnancy to promote angiogenesis in uterine vasculature, it immuno-blands the invading placental tissue so it is not rejected by the maternal uterine tissues, promotes the growth of the uterus in line with the growth of the fetus, promotes the differentiation of growing cytotrophoblast cells, promotes the quiescence of contractions in the uterine myometrium during the course of pregnancy, and also has function in growth and development of fetal organs.
The first edition described the detailed biology, clinical chemistry, and clinical perspectives of hCG and associated molecules, and examines hCG, hyperglycosylated hCG and hCG free ß-subunit, 3 separate and independent molecules with totally sovereign physiological functions.
The second edition will include coverage of the many new discoveries that have been made in the last five years: hCG analogues may be the actual driving signal of all human cancers. The editor estimates that 40% of the out of date material will be excluded and replaced with 40% of the exciting new findings. The book will also have a much clearer pregnancy and cancer focus.
- It provides comprehensive information on hCG from basic science to clinical medicine
- The second edition will include coverage of the many new discoveries that have been made in the last five years
- Updated material with new findings in the field
|Practical Skills in Chemistry (2nd Edition)
Lowest new price: $115.92
Lowest used price: $61.54
List price: $79.50
Author: John Dean
Designed specifically to support and develop the complete range of practical skills which are essential to success in chemistry courses.
- 'One-stop' guide to the key practical skills needed in chemistry
- Information presented in a clear and user-friendly manner, tailored directly for the mastery of basic laboratory skills
- Numerous margin tips and hints, 'how to' boxes, checklists and worked examples
- Guidance on numerical aspects, including logarithms and statistics
- Chapters grouped into key topics
- Relevant Internet resources for chemistry highlighted
- Worked examples and ‘How To’ boxes provide practical guidance and support
- Key points highlight critical features of methodology.
|Chemoinformatics: Theory, Practice, & Products
Lowest new price: $176.44
Lowest used price: $78.00
List price: $219.99
Author: Barry A. Bunin
Brand: Brand: Springer Netherlands
Chemoinformatics is the use of information technology in the acquisition, analysis and management of data and information relating to chemical compounds and their properties. The purpose of this book is to provide computational scientists, medicinal chemists and biologists with complete practical information and underlying theory relating to modern Chemoinformatics and related drug discovery informatics technologies. This is an essential handbook for determining the right Chemoinformatics method or technology to use.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations
Lowest new price: $39.00
Lowest used price: $2.97
List price: $120.00
Author: Thomas M. Devlin
This newly revised and updated fifth edition of Devlin’s Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations presents the biochemistry of mammalian cells, relates events at the cellular level to physiological processes in the whole animal, and cites examples of human diseases derived from aberrant biochemical processes.
This edition significantly expands the clinical correlation that highlight the significance of biochemistry to specific clinical problems. Full-color illustrations provide clear explanations for the concepts discussed, and end-of-chapter questions and answers act as challenging study material. Reorganized into five practical sections, Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations covers these topics and much more:
- Structure of macromolecules–DNA, RNA, and protein structure
- Information transmission–replication, transcription, protein synthesis, and control of gene expression
- Functions of proteins–protein families, enzymes, membrane structure, and transport mechanisms
- Metabolic pathways and their control–carbohydrate, lipid, amino acid, and nucleotide metabolism
- Physiological processes–hormone and signal transduction, biochemistry of nervous tissue, muscle vision, coagulation and digestion, and principles of nutrition
|Tietz Clinical Guide to Laboratory Tests Fourth Edition
Lowest new price: $58.40
Lowest used price: $9.12
List price: $87.95
Author: Alan Wu
This new edition of Norbert Tietz's classic handbook presents information on common tests as well as rare and highly specialized tests and procedures - including a summary of the utility and merit of each test. Biological variables that may affect test results are discussed, and a focus is placed on reference ranges, diagnostic information, clinical interpretation of laboratory data, interferences, and specimen types. New and updated content has been added in all areas, with over 100 new tests added.
- Tests are divided into 8 main sections and arranged alphabetically.
- Each test includes necessary information such as test name (or disorder) and method, specimens and special requirements, reference ranges, chemical interferences and in vivo effects, kinetic values, diagnostic information, factors influencing drug disposition, and clinical comments and remarks.
- The most current and relevant tests are included; outdated tests have been eliminated.
- Test index (with extensive cross references) and disease index provide the reader with an easy way to find necessary information
- Four new sections in key areas (Preanalytical, Flow Cytometry, Pharmacogenomics, and Allergy) make this edition current and useful.
- New editor Alan Wu, who specializes in Clinical Chemistry and Toxicology, brings a wealth of experience and expertise to this edition.
- The Molecular Diagnostics section has been greatly expanded due to the increased prevalence of new molecular techniques being used in laboratories.
- References are now found after each test, rather than at the end of each section, for easier access.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Clinical Chemistry, Immunology and Laboratory Quality Control: A Comprehensive Review for Board Preparation, Certification and Clinical Practice
Lowest new price: $50.80
Lowest used price: $42.80
List price: $69.95
Author: Amitava Dasgupta PhD DABCC
All pathology residents must have a good command of clinical chemistry, toxicology, immunology, and laboratory statistics to be successful pathologists, as well as to pass the American Board of Pathology examination. Clinical chemistry, however, is a topic in which many senior medical students and pathology residents face challenges. Clinical Chemistry, Immunology and Laboratory Quality Control meets this challenge head on with a clear and easy-to-read presentation of core topics and detailed case studies that illustrate the application of clinical chemistry knowledge to everyday patient care.
This basic primer offers practical examples of how things function in the pathology clinic as well as useful lists, sample questions, and a bullet-point format ideal for quick pre-Board review. While larger textbooks in clinical chemistry provide highly detailed information regarding instrumentation and statistics, this may be too much information for students, residents, and clinicians. This book is designed to educate senior medical students, residents, and fellows, and to "refresh" the knowledge base of practicing clinicians on how tests are performed in their laboratories (i.e., method principles, interferences, and limitations).
- Takes a practical and easy-to-read approach to understanding clinical chemistry and toxicology
- Covers all important clinical information found in larger textbooks in a more succinct and easy-to-understand manner
- Covers essential concepts in instrumentation and statistics in such a way that fellows and clinicians understand the methods without having to become specialists in the field
- Includes chapters on drug-herb interaction and pharmacogenomics, topics not covered by textbooks in the field of clinical chemistry or laboratory medicine
|The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry
Lowest new price: $144.95
Lowest used price: $142.05
List price: $150.00
The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry, Fourth Edition provides a practical and comprehensive overview of the daily issues facing pharmaceutical researchers and chemists. In addition to its thorough treatment of basic medicinal chemistry principles, this updated edition has been revised to provide new and expanded coverage of the latest technologies and approaches in drug discovery.
With topics like high content screening, scoring, docking, binding free energy calculations, polypharmacology, QSAR, chemical collections and databases, and much more, this book is the go-to reference for all academic and pharmaceutical researchers who need a complete understanding of medicinal chemistry and its application to drug discovery and development.
- Includes updated and expanded material on systems biology, chemogenomics, computer-aided drug design, and other important recent advances in the field
- Incorporates extensive color figures, case studies, and practical examples to help users gain a further understanding of key concepts
- Provides high-quality content in a comprehensive manner, including contributions from international chapter authors to illustrate the global nature of medicinal chemistry and drug development research
- An image bank is available for instructors at www.textbooks.elsevier.com
|Fluids and Electrolytes: A Thorough Guide covering Fluids, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance of the Human Body
Lowest new price: $12.76
Lowest used price: $12.63
List price: $12.99
Author: David Andersson
Fluids and Electrolytes
We are excited to present our newest book to students here on Amazon.
So why do students love our books? Because we know that the fastest way to learn is through testing newly learned knowledge with questions. That's why, in all of our books, you will find numerous sections with multiple choice questions.
Apart from that, our books are very easy to read, which help students understand the topics that we cover much faster than many other books. Have you ever been so frustrated with a textbook because it was so hard and boring to read that you felt overwhelmed every time you opened it? This is definitely something you won’t have to worry about with any of our books.
Why do we think you should buy Fluids and Electrolytes? Here is the answer.
Any patient, who is presented with a fairly serious medical illness, is bound to have some kind of imbalance in the fluid-electrolyte levels. All patients in intensive care units are routinely screened for such imbalances. Thus, it is apparent that a medical professional needs to have a solid grasp of the fundamentals of electrolytes, fluids and acid-base balance in the body, so that effective treatment can be carried out.
In this book, we will discuss the regulation of fluids, electrolytes, and the acid-base system, and how these factors are interconnected. When there is an imbalance in one of these electrolytes, the others are usually affected. Similarly, electrolyte imbalances can arise from, or be a result of, acid-base disorders. We will also discuss the signs and symptoms of various imbalances, and touch upon the management modalities for these imbalances.
'Nuff said, what are the benefits of buying this manual?
Learn and interpret one of the most important systems in the field of medicine
Expand your knowledge in areas of human physiology and pathophysiology
Use your skills every single day at work
If you are ready to take your medical knowledge to the next level, then click on the add to cart button and enjoy 154 pages of your future!
Page 4 of 151
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.