|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Principles of NMR Spectroscopy: An Illustrated Guide
Lowest new price: $82.01
Lowest used price: $55.00
List price: $84.50
Author: David P. Goldenberg
With nearly 400 original illustrations, this NMR primer provides an introduction to solution NMR spectroscopy at a level appropriate for advanced undergraduates, graduate students and working scientists with backgrounds in chemistry or biochemistry. It presents the underlying physics and mathematics in a way that is both accessible and sufficiently complete to allow a real understanding of modern multi-dimensional experiments, thereby giving readers the tools they need to move to more advanced textbooks and articles.
|Essentials of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Lowest new price: $13.84
Lowest used price: $13.38
List price: $66.00
An introduction to pharmaceutical chemistry for undergraduate pharmacy, chemistry and medicinal chemistry students. Essentials of Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a chemistry introduction that covers all of the core material necessary to provide an understanding of the basic chemistry of drug molecules. Now a core text on many university courses, it contains numerous worked examples and problems. The 4th edition includes new chapters on Chromatographic Methods of Analysis, and Medicinal Chemistry - The Science of Drug Design.
|Principles of Medical Biochemistry: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 3e
Lowest new price: $68.00
Lowest used price: $5.01
List price: $77.95
Author: Gerhard Meisenberg PhD
"Highly Commended," Basic and Clinical Sciences Category, British Medical Association 2012 Medical Book Competition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.studentconsult.com, along with downloadable illustrations, 150 USMLE-style test questions, 20 clinical case studies, chapter summaries, and integration links to related subjects.
- Understand biochemistry, cell biology, and genetics together in context through an integrated approach.
- Get only the information you need for your course with comprehensive yet focused coverage of relevant topics.
- Review and reinforce your learning using the glossary of technical terms, highlighted in the text and with interactive features online.
- Tap into the most up-to-date coverage of new developments in genome research, the molecular basis of genetic diseases, techniques of DNA sequencing and molecular diagnosis, RNA interference as a mechanism both for regulation of gene expression and for anti-viral defense, and more.
- Gain a clear visual understanding through new and updated figures that provide current and relevant guidance.
- Make the link between basic science and clinical medicine with new Clinical Example boxes in nearly every chapter.
Focus on the most essential biochemistry principles and how they apply to clinical medicine
|Make Your Own Essential Oils and Skin-Care Products
Lowest new price: $13.49
Lowest used price: $11.37
List price: $16.95
Author: Daniel Coaten
There are many books available on using essential oils - now there is one on how to make your own. Making your own essential oils can be a fascinating hobby or, for the professional aromatherapist, a way of ensuring that your products are fresh, unadulterated and organic. The book also describes how to make creams, lotions, balms, gels, tinctures and other skin-care products from the essential oils and distillate waters you have produced.
Lowest new price: $10.07
Lowest used price: $9.07
List price: $15.95
Author: Inc. BarCharts
QuickStudy® Chemistry Flash Cards contain 1,000 cards and covers:
• elements, symbols & names
• families of elements
• ion names & formulas
• compound names & formulas
• molecular geometries
• and much more…
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Microscale Inorganic Chemistry: A Comprehensive Laboratory Experience
Lowest new price: $71.70
Lowest used price: $36.30
Author: Zvi Szafran
This text is intended to provide students with instruction and valuable laboratory experience in the often neglected area of inorganic chemistry. Divided into four main parts, the book covers chemistry of the main group elements, chemistry of the transition metals, organometallic chemistry, and bioinorganic chemistry. Recognizing the high cost of materials, difficulties in waste disposal, and dangers of toxicity, the authors have adopted a ``microscale'' approach to experiments in the book, thereby also reducing the time students spend in preparation. With over 45 experiments, Microscale Inorganic Chemistry incorporates the use of a broad sampling of elements and also covers such topics as laboratory safety, equipment, report writing, and literature searching.
|Laboratory Safety for Chemistry Students
Lowest new price: $45.55
Lowest used price: $26.19
List price: $74.95
Author: Prof. Robert H. Hill Jr.
Provides knowledge and models of good practice needed by students to work safely in the laboratory as they progress through four years of undergraduate laboratory work
- Aligns with the revised safety instruction requirements from the ACS Committee on Professional Training 2015 “Guidelines and Evaluation Procedures for Bachelor’s Degree Programs”
- Provides a systematic approach to incorporating safety and health into the chemistry curriculum
- Topics are divided into layers of progressively more advanced and appropriate safety issues so that some topics are covered 2-3 times, at increasing levels of depth
- Develops a strong safety ethic by continuous reinforcement of safety; to recognize, assess, and manage laboratory hazards; and to plan for response to laboratory emergencies
- Covers a thorough exposure to chemical health and safety so that students will have the proper education and training when they enter the workforce or graduate school
|Tutorials in Chemoinformatics
Lowest new price: $64.77
Lowest used price: $75.16
List price: $95.00
30 tutorials and more than 100 exercises in chemoinformatics, supported by online software and data sets
Chemoinformatics is widely used in both academic and industrial chemical and biochemical research worldwide. Yet, until this unique guide, there were no books offering practical exercises in chemoinformatics methods. Tutorials in Chemoinformatics contains more than 100 exercises in 30 tutorials exploring key topics and methods in the field. It takes an applied approach to the subject with a strong emphasis on problem-solving and computational methodologies.
Each tutorial is self-contained and contains exercises for students to work through using a variety of software packages. The majority of the tutorials are divided into three sections devoted to theoretical background, algorithm description and software applications, respectively, with the latter section providing step-by-step software instructions. Throughout, three types of software tools are used: in-house programs developed by the authors, open-source programs and commercial programs which are available for free or at a modest cost to academics. The in-house software and data sets are available on a dedicated companion website.
Key topics and methods covered in Tutorials in Chemoinformatics include:
- Data curation and standardization
- Development and use of chemical databases
- Structure encoding by molecular descriptors, text strings and binary fingerprints
- The design of diverse and focused libraries
- Chemical data analysis and visualization
- Structure-property/activity modeling (QSAR/QSPR)
- Ensemble modeling approaches, including bagging, boosting, stacking and random subspaces
- 3D pharmacophores modeling and pharmacological profiling using shape analysis
- Protein-ligand docking
- Implementation of algorithms in a high-level programming language
Tutorials in Chemoinformatics is an ideal supplementary text for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in chemoinformatics, bioinformatics, computational chemistry, computational biology, medicinal chemistry and biochemistry. It is also a valuable working resource for medicinal chemists, academic researchers and industrial chemists looking to enhance their chemoinformatics skills.
|Drug Stability for Pharmaceutical Scientists
Lowest new price: $42.86
Lowest used price: $46.05
List price: $49.95
Author: Thorsteinn Loftsson
Drug Stability for Pharmaceutical Scientists is a clear and easy-to-follow guide on drug degradation in pharmaceutical formulation. This book features valuable content on both aqueous and solid drug solutions, the stability of proteins and peptides, acid-base catalyzed and solvent catalyzed reactions, how drug formulation can influence drug stability, the influence of external factors on reaction rates and much more. Full of examples of real-life formulation problems and step-by-step calculations, this book is the ideal resource for graduate students, as well as scientists in the pharmaceutical and related industries.
- Illustrates important theoretical concepts with numerous examples, figures, calculations, learning problems and questions for self-study and retention of material
- Provides answers and explanations to test your knowledge
- Enables you to better understand key concepts such as rate and order of reaction, reaction equilibrium, complex reaction mechanisms and more
- Includes an in-depth discussion of both aqueous and solid drug solutions and contains the latest international regulatory requirements on drug stability
|Safe Storage of Laboratory Chemicals, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $61.96
Lowest used price: $5.00
List price: $298.00
Safe Storage of Laboratory Chemicals, Second Edition is a comprehensive guide which allows readers to assess and improve the safety of their laboratory operations when storing chemicals. By applying the information in this book, readers can create a safer place to work through a safer storage environment, wiser storage practices and procedures, informed personnel, and the intelligent use of information. There has seen a surge in the demand for chemical safety and information relating to a safe workplace. This book covers chemical storage, the requirements of OSHA and EPA, requirements in codes and standards for storage, and advances and applications for chemical health and safety. This book offers a balanced approach to the safe storage of laboratory chemicals. Applied knowledge for identifying chemical storage hazards, solutions and alternative measures for storing specific hazard classes of chemicals, and innovative case histories provide a wealth of information from which readers may draw to enhance the safety of their storage situations.
Page 4 of 150
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.