|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race
Lowest new price: $5.16
Lowest used price: $0.94
List price: $15.99
Author: Margot Lee Shetterly
Brand: Margot Lee Shetterly
he #1 New York Times bestseller The phenomenal true story of the black female mathematicians at NASA whose calculations helped fuel some of America's greatest achievements in space. Soon to be a major motion picture starring Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monae, Kirsten Dunst, and Kevin Costner.
- The #1 New York Times bestseller The phenomenal true story of the black female mathematicians at NASA whose calculations helped fuel some of America's greatest achievements in space. Soon to be a major motion picture starring Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monae, Kirsten Dunst, and Kevin Costner.
|Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus (Standalone Book)
Lowest new price: $160.48
Lowest used price: $64.64
List price: $299.95
Author: James Stewart
Brand: Brooks / Cole
Note: This is a Standalone book and does not include access card.
This bestselling author team explains concepts simply and clearly, without glossing over difficult points. Problem solving and mathematical modeling are introduced early and reinforced throughout, providing students with a solid foundation in the principles of mathematical thinking. Comprehensive and evenly paced, the book provides complete coverage of the function concept, and integrates a significant amount of graphing calculator material to help students develop insight into mathematical ideas. The authors' attention to detail and clarity--the same as found in James Stewart's market-leading Calculus text--is what makes this text the proven market leader.
- Precalculus Mathematics for Calculus Standalone Book
|Weapons of Math Destruction: How Big Data Increases Inequality and Threatens Democracy
Lowest new price: $10.37
Lowest used price: $10.47
List price: $16.00
Author: Cathy O'Neil
Brand: Broadway Books
Longlisted for the National Book Award
New York Times Bestseller
A former Wall Street quant sounds an alarm on the mathematical models that pervade modern life — and threaten to rip apart our social fabric
We live in the age of the algorithm. Increasingly, the decisions that affect our lives—where we go to school, whether we get a car loan, how much we pay for health insurance—are being made not by humans, but by mathematical models. In theory, this should lead to greater fairness: Everyone is judged according to the same rules, and bias is eliminated.
But as Cathy O’Neil reveals in this urgent and necessary book, the opposite is true. The models being used today are opaque, unregulated, and uncontestable, even when they’re wrong. Most troubling, they reinforce discrimination: If a poor student can’t get a loan because a lending model deems him too risky (by virtue of his zip code), he’s then cut off from the kind of education that could pull him out of poverty, and a vicious spiral ensues. Models are propping up the lucky and punishing the downtrodden, creating a “toxic cocktail for democracy.” Welcome to the dark side of Big Data.
Tracing the arc of a person’s life, O’Neil exposes the black box models that shape our future, both as individuals and as a society. These “weapons of math destruction” score teachers and students, sort résumés, grant (or deny) loans, evaluate workers, target voters, set parole, and monitor our health.
O’Neil calls on modelers to take more responsibility for their algorithms and on policy makers to regulate their use. But in the end, it’s up to us to become more savvy about the models that govern our lives. This important book empowers us to ask the tough questions, uncover the truth, and demand change.
— Longlist for National Book Award (Non-Fiction)
— Goodreads, semi-finalist for the 2016 Goodreads Choice Awards (Science and Technology)
— Kirkus, Best Books of 2016
— New York Times, 100 Notable Books of 2016 (Non-Fiction)
— The Guardian, Best Books of 2016
— WBUR's "On Point," Best Books of 2016: Staff Picks
— Boston Globe, Best Books of 2016, Non-Fiction
|Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics
Lowest new price: $60.00
Lowest used price: $35.00
List price: $82.00
Author: Neil J. Salkind
Brand: Salkind Neil J
The Sixth Edition of Neil J. Salkind’s best-selling Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics promises to ease student anxiety around an often intimidating subject with a humorous, personable, and informative approach. Salkind guides students through various statistical procedures, beginning with descriptive statistics, correlation, and graphical representation of data, and ending with inferential techniques and analysis of variance. New to this edition is an introduction to working with large data sets.
- Statistics for People Who Think They Hate Statistics
Lowest new price: $165.99
Lowest used price: $62.99
List price: $299.95
Author: James Stewart
Brand: Brooks / Cole
Note: This is a standalone book and does not include access card/code. Success in your calculus course starts here! James Stewart's CALCULUS texts are world-wide best-sellers for a reason: they are clear, accurate, and filled with relevant, real-world examples. With CALCULUS, Eighth Edition, Stewart conveys not only the utility of calculus to help you develop technical competence, but also gives you an appreciation for the intrinsic beauty of the subject. His patient examples and built-in learning aids will help you build your mathematical confidence and achieve your goals in the course!
|Essentials of Statistics (5th Edition)
Lowest new price: $98.46
Lowest used price: $26.94
List price: $177.80
Author: Mario F. Triola
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyStatLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyStatLab, search for ISBN-10: 0133864960/ISBN-13: 9780133864960 . That package includes ISBN-10: 0321847997/ISBN-13:9780321847997, ISBN-10: 032184839X/ISBN-13:9780321848390 andISBN-10: 0321924592/ISBN-13: 9780321924599.
MyStatLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
From SAT scores to job search methods, statistics influences and shapes the world around us. Marty Triola’s text continues to be the bestseller because it helps students understand the relationship between statistics and the world, bringing life to the theory and methods. Essentials of Statistics raises the bar with every edition by incorporating an unprecedented amount of real and interesting data that will help instructors connect with students today, and help them connect statistics to their daily lives. The Fifth Edition contains more than 1,800 exercises, 89% of which use real data and 85% of which are new. Hundreds of examples are included, 91% of which use real data and 84% of which are new. New coverage of Ethics in Statistics highlights new guidelines that have been established in the industry.
|The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction, Second Edition (Springer Series in Statistics)
Lowest new price: $56.22
Lowest used price: $44.01
List price: $89.95
Author: Trevor Hastie
This book describes the important ideas in a variety of fields such as medicine, biology, finance, and marketing in a common conceptual framework. While the approach is statistical, the emphasis is on concepts rather than mathematics. Many examples are given, with a liberal use of colour graphics. It is a valuable resource for statisticians and anyone interested in data mining in science or industry. The book's coverage is broad, from supervised learning (prediction) to unsupervised learning. The many topics include neural networks, support vector machines, classification trees and boosting---the first comprehensive treatment of this topic in any book.
This major new edition features many topics not covered in the original, including graphical models, random forests, ensemble methods, least angle regression & path algorithms for the lasso, non-negative matrix factorisation, and spectral clustering. There is also a chapter on methods for "wide'' data (p bigger than n), including multiple testing and false discovery rates.
- This book describes the important ideas in a variety of fields such as medicine, biology, finance, and marketing in a common conceptual framework. While the approach is statistical, the emphasis is on concepts rather than mathematics. Many examples are given, with a liberal use of colour graphics. It is a valuable resource for statisticians and anyone interested in data mining in science or industry.
|Mathematical Mindsets: Unleashing Students' Potential through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching
Lowest new price: $11.97
Lowest used price: $10.43
List price: $19.95
Author: Jo Boaler
Banish math anxiety and give students of all ages a clear roadmap to success
Mathematical Mindsets provides practical strategies and activities to help teachers and parents show all children, even those who are convinced that they are bad at math, that they can enjoy and succeed in math. Jo Boaler—Stanford researcher, professor of math education, and expert on math learning—has studied why students don't like math and often fail in math classes. She's followed thousands of students through middle and high schools to study how they learn and to find the most effective ways to unleash the math potential in all students.
There is a clear gap between what research has shown to work in teaching math and what happens in schools and at home. This book bridges that gap by turning research findings into practical activities and advice. Boaler translates Carol Dweck's concept of 'mindset' into math teaching and parenting strategies, showing how students can go from self-doubt to strong self-confidence, which is so important to math learning. Boaler reveals the steps that must be taken by schools and parents to improve math education for all. Mathematical Mindsets:
- Explains how the brain processes mathematics learning
- Reveals how to turn mistakes and struggles into valuable learning experiences
- Provides examples of rich mathematical activities to replace rote learning
- Explains ways to give students a positive math mindset
- Gives examples of how assessment and grading policies need to change to support real understanding
Scores of students hate and fear math, so they end up leaving school without an understanding of basic mathematical concepts. Their evasion and departure hinders math-related pathways and STEM career opportunities. Research has shown very clear methods to change this phenomena, but the information has been confined to research journals—until now. Mathematical Mindsets provides a proven, practical roadmap to mathematics success for any student at any age.
- Mathematical Mindsets Unleashing Students Potential Through Creative Math Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching
|Cracking the AP Calculus AB Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
Lowest new price: $15.43
Lowest used price: $8.19
List price: $24.99
Author: Princeton Review
Brand: Princeton Review
PREMIUM PRACTICE FOR A PERFECT 5! Ace the AP Calculus AB Exam with this Premium version of The Princeton Review's comprehensive study guide.
In addition to all the great material in our classic Cracking the AP Calculus AB Exam guide—which includes thorough content reviews, targeted test strategies, and access to online extras via our AP Connect portal—this edition includes extra exams, for a total of 6 full-length practice tests with complete answer explanations!
This book provides the most practice at the best price (more tests than any other major offering currently on the market, at a price that's 20% less than the nearest competitor).
Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
• Comprehensive content review for all test topics
• Up-to-date information on the 2018 AP Calculus AB Exam
• Subjects organized into manageable units
• Access to AP Connect, our online portal for helpful pre-college information and exam updates
Premium Practice to Help Achieve Excellence.
• 5 full-length practice tests in the book with detailed answer explanations
• 1 additional full-length practice test online with detailed answer explanations
• Comprehensive drills at the end of each chapter and unit
• Handy guide to key calculus formulas, plus bonus tips online for optimizing your TI-84 calculator
Techniques That Actually Work.
• Tried-and-true strategies to help you avoid traps and beat the test
• Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
• Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
- Cracking the AP Calculus AB Exam 2018 Premium Edition
- Cracking the AP Physics 1 Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP English Language & Composition Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Biology Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP U.S. History Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP English Literature & Composition Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP U.S. Government & Politics Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Economics Macro & Micro Exams, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Barron's AP Calculus, 14th Edition
- Cracking the AP Statistics Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
|Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data (5th Edition)
Lowest new price: $150.00
Lowest used price: $79.93
List price: $224.20
Author: Michael Sullivan III
For courses in introductory statistics.
Putting It Together
Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data, Fifth Edition, gives students the tools to see a bigger picture and make informed choices. As a current introductory statistics instructor, Mike Sullivan III presents a text that is filled with ideas and strategies that work in today’s classroom. His practical emphasis resonates with students and helps them see that statistics is connected, not only to individual concepts, but also with the world at large.
MyLab™ Statistics for this edition takes advantage of data analytics to add additional exercises to high usage chapters. New Technology Support Videos show the author demonstrating easy-to-follow steps to solve a problem in several different formats—by hand, TI-84, and StatCrunch™.
Also available with MyLab Statistics
MyLab Statistics from Pearson is the world’s leading online resource for teaching and learning statistics; it integrates interactive homework, assessment, and media in a flexible, easy-to-use format. MyLab Statistics is a course management system that helps individual students succeed. It provides engaging experiences that personalize, stimulate, and measure learning for each student. Tools are embedded to make it easy to integrate statistical software into the course. And, it comes from an experienced partner with educational expertise and an eye on the future.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Statistics does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Statistics, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Statistics, search for:
0134767594 / 9780134767598 Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data with Integrated Review and Worksheets plus NEW MyLab Statistics with Pearson e-Text -- Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0134133536 / 9780134133539 Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data
- 0134606671 / 9780134606675 Worksheets for Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data with Integrated Review
- 0134756819 / 9780134756813 MyLab Statistics with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data with Integrated Review
- Student Solutions Manual for Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data
- MyLab Statistics -- Standalone Access Card
- Statistics Laminate Reference Chart: Parameters, Variables, Intervals, Proportions (Quickstudy: Academic )
- Modern Principles: Microeconomics 2nd Edition
- Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Educational Psychology
- Williams' Essentials of Nutrition and Diet Therapy, 11e
- Literature: An Introduction to Fiction, Poetry, Drama, and Writing, 12th Edition
- Race, Class, and Gender in the United States: An Integrated Study
- Physical Geology
Page 2 of 28058
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.