|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data (5th Edition)
Lowest new price: $140.55
Lowest used price: $72.00
List price: $224.20
Author: Michael Sullivan III
For courses in introductory statistics.
Putting It Together
Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data, Fifth Edition, gives students the tools to see a bigger picture and make informed choices. As a current introductory statistics instructor, Mike Sullivan III presents a text that is filled with ideas and strategies that work in today’s classroom. His practical emphasis resonates with students and helps them see that statistics is connected, not only to individual concepts, but also with the world at large.
MyLab™ Statistics for this edition takes advantage of data analytics to add additional exercises to high usage chapters. New Technology Support Videos show the author demonstrating easy-to-follow steps to solve a problem in several different formats—by hand, TI-84, and StatCrunch™.
Also available with MyLab Statistics
MyLab Statistics from Pearson is the world’s leading online resource for teaching and learning statistics; it integrates interactive homework, assessment, and media in a flexible, easy-to-use format. MyLab Statistics is a course management system that helps individual students succeed. It provides engaging experiences that personalize, stimulate, and measure learning for each student. Tools are embedded to make it easy to integrate statistical software into the course. And, it comes from an experienced partner with educational expertise and an eye on the future.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Statistics does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Statistics, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Statistics, search for:
0134767594 / 9780134767598 Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data with Integrated Review and Worksheets plus NEW MyLab Statistics with Pearson e-Text -- Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0134133536 / 9780134133539 Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data
- 0134606671 / 9780134606675 Worksheets for Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data with Integrated Review
- 0134756819 / 9780134756813 MyLab Statistics with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Statistics: Informed Decisions Using Data with Integrated Review
|Regents Exams and Answers: Algebra I (Barron's Regents Exams and Answers)
Lowest new price: $3.48
Lowest used price: $3.48
List price: $8.99
Author: Gary Rubinstein M.S.
This edition will prepare students for the Algebra I Regents exam and includes the most recent tests through August 2017. It features:
Students will find a review of all pertinent math topics, including sets, algebraic language, linear equations and formulas, ratios, rates, and proportions, polynomials and factoring, radicals and right triangles, area and volume, quadratic and exponential functions, and much more. It's an essential, must-have guide to preparing for the Algebra I Regents.
- Six actual Regents exams administered for the updated Algebra I course
- Comprehensive review questions, grouped by topic
- All answers fully explained
- Study tips, test-taking strategies, score analysis charts, and more valuable features
|Cracking the SAT Subject Test in Math 2, 2nd Edition: Everything You Need to Help Score a Perfect 800 (College Test Preparation)
Lowest new price: $13.26
Lowest used price: $9.59
List price: $19.99
Author: Princeton Review
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO HELP SCORE A PERFECT 800. Equip yourself to ace the SAT Subject Test in Math 2 with The Princeton Review's comprehensive study guide—including 3 full-length practice tests, thorough reviews of key topics, and targeted strategies for every question type.
We don't have to tell you how tough SAT Math is—or how helpful a stellar exam score can be for your chances of getting into your top-choice college. Written by the experts at The Princeton Review, Cracking the SAT Subject Test in Math 2 arms you to take on the test and achieve your highest score.
Techniques That Actually Work.
• Tried-and-true tactics to help you avoid traps and beat the test
• Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
• Essential strategies to help you work smarter, not harder
Everything You Need to Know for a High Score.
• Expert subject reviews for every test topic
• Up-to-date information on the SAT Subject Test in Math 2
• Score conversion tables to help you assess your performance and track your progress
Practice Your Way to Perfection.
• 3 full-length practice tests (2 in the book and 1 online) with detailed answer explanations
• Practice drills throughout each content chapter
• End-of-chapter summaries to help you master key points
|Practical Algebra: A Self-Teaching Guide, Second Edition
Lowest new price: $12.93
Lowest used price: $3.06
List price: $21.95
Author: Peter H. Selby
Practical Algebra If you studied algebra years ago and now need a refresher course in order to use algebraic principles on the job, or if you're a student who needs an introduction to the subject, here's the perfect book for you. Practical Algebra is an easy and fun-to-use workout program that quickly puts you in command of all the basic concepts and tools of algebra. With the aid of practical, real-life examples and applications, you'll learn:
* The basic approach and application of algebra to problem solving
* The number system (in a much broader way than you have known it from arithmetic)
* Monomials and polynomials; factoring algebraic expressions; how to handle algebraic fractions; exponents, roots, and radicals; linear and fractional equations
* Functions and graphs; quadratic equations; inequalities; ratio, proportion, and variation; how to solve word problems, and more
Authors Peter Selby and Steve Slavin emphasize practical algebra throughout by providing you with techniques for solving problems in a wide range of disciplines--from engineering, biology, chemistry, and the physical sciences, to psychology and even sociology and business administration. Step by step, Practical Algebra shows you how to solve algebraic problems in each of these areas, then allows you to tackle similar problems on your own, at your own pace. Self-tests are provided at the end of each chapter so you can measure your mastery.
|E-Z Algebra 2 (Barron's E-Z Series)
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $5.95
List price: $16.99
Author: Meg Clemens
Brand: Brand: Barron's Educational Series
This new title in Barron's E-Z Series covers the following topics: Linear Functions, Absolute Value Functions, Polynomial Operations, Quadratic Functions, Complex Numbers, Functions and Relations, Polynomial Functions, Radicals, Rational Functions, Exponential Functions, Logarithmic Functions, Series and Sequences, and Statistics and Modeling. Review exercises are at the end of each chapter. The fast-growing E-Z Series presents new, updated, and improved versions of Barron's longtime popular Easy Way books. New cover designs, new interior layouts, and more graphic material than ever make these books ideal as self-teaching manuals. Teachers have discovered that E-Z titles also make excellent supplements to classroom textbooks. Skill levels range between senior high school and college-101 standards. All titles present detailed reviews of the target subject plus short quizzes and longer tests to help students assess their learning progress. All exercises and tests come with answers.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts
Lowest new price: $13.45
Lowest used price: $10.99
List price: $39.99
Author: Peter Bruce
Statistical methods are a key part of of data science, yet very few data scientists have any formal statistics training. Courses and books on basic statistics rarely cover the topic from a data science perspective. This practical guide explains how to apply various statistical methods to data science, tells you how to avoid their misuse, and gives you advice on what's important and what's not.
Many data science resources incorporate statistical methods but lack a deeper statistical perspective. If you’re familiar with the R programming language, and have some exposure to statistics, this quick reference bridges the gap in an accessible, readable format.
With this book, you’ll learn:
- Why exploratory data analysis is a key preliminary step in data science
- How random sampling can reduce bias and yield a higher quality dataset, even with big data
- How the principles of experimental design yield definitive answers to questions
- How to use regression to estimate outcomes and detect anomalies
- Key classification techniques for predicting which categories a record belongs to
- Statistical machine learning methods that “learn” from data
- Unsupervised learning methods for extracting meaning from unlabeled data
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
- R Cookbook: Proven Recipes for Data Analysis, Statistics, and Graphics (O'reilly Cookbooks)
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
- Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning: Principles and Techniques for Data Scientists
- R Graphics Cookbook: Practical Recipes for Visualizing Data
- Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data
- Deep Learning: A Practitioner's Approach
|180 Days of Math for First Grade – 1st Grade Problem Solving Workbook for Ages 5-7, Children’s Math Workbook for Grade 1 (180 Days of Practice)
Lowest new price: $12.95
Lowest used price: $9.66
List price: $19.99
Author: Shell Education
Brand: Shell Education
Consistent practice is the best way for students to develop math skills and confidence, at any grade level. 180 Days of Math for First graders provides workbook problems for each day of the school year, giving students ample time to use the skills they learn in class.
Each problem is tied to a specific mathematical concept, allowing students to master skills and prepare for the next level of learning. Students will practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as tackling algebraic thinking, data analysis, logic problems, and more.
With educational activities that are correlated to College and Career Readiness and other state standards, 180 Days of Math helps to prepare students for the future. The daily activities are great as homework or as additional reinforcement of math concepts outside of class.
The 180 Days of Math workbook includes data-driven assessment tips and digital resources for parents and teachers, making diagnostics easy. Encourage your First grade students to approach math with confidence, not fear, with daily practice!
About Shell Education
Rachelle Cracchiolo started the company with a friend and fellow teacher. Both were eager to share their ideas and passion for education with other classroom leaders. What began as a hobby, selling lesson plans to local stores, became a part-time job after a full day of teaching, and eventually blossomed into Teacher Created Materials. The story continued in 2004 with the launch of Shell Education and the introduction of professional resources and classroom application books designed to support Teacher Created Materials curriculum resources. Today, Teacher Created Materials and Shell Education are two of the most recognized names in educational publishing around the world.
- BOOST 1ST GRADE MATH SKILLS - This easy-to-use children's math workbook provides teachers and parents with daily math practice activities to improve students' mathematical fluency. Kids ages 5-7 will become confident with math in no time!
- GREAT FOR CLASSROOM OR HOME USE - Consistent practice is the best way for students to develop a solid foundation of math skills, whether in the classroom or at home. This problem solving workbook provides quick, fun activities and includes diagnostic tools for parents and teachers. Ideal for math intervention support.
- MASTER MATH SKILLS - Each problem in this 1st grade book is tied to a specific mathematical concept including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, algebraic thinking, data analysis, logic problems, and much more. Students will master one new skill at a time, while building their confidence in math.
- ALIGNS TO NATIONAL & STATE STANDARDS - This children's math workbook is aligned to college and career readiness standards. Data-driven assessment tools enable teachers or parents to quickly score student's work and monitor their progress.
- CREATED BY TEACHERS - This 1st grade problem solving workbook is created by teachers for teachers, parents, and students to make teaching more effective and learning more fun.
|Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling (5th Edition)
Lowest new price: $30.80
Lowest used price: $24.59
List price: $49.99
Author: Wayne Winston
Brand: Microsoft Press
Master business modeling and analysis techniques with Microsoft Excel 2016, and transform data into bottom-line results. Written by award-winning educator Wayne Winston, this hands on, scenario-focused guide helps you use Excel’s newest tools to ask the right questions and get accurate, actionable answers. This edition adds 150+ new problems with solutions, plus a chapter of basic spreadsheet models to make sure you’re fully up to speed.
Solve real business problems with Excel—and build your competitive advantage
- Quickly transition from Excel basics to sophisticated analytics
- Summarize data by using PivotTables and Descriptive Statistics
- Use Excel trend curves, multiple regression, and exponential smoothing
- Master advanced functions such as OFFSET and INDIRECT
- Delve into key financial, statistical, and time functions
- Leverage the new charts in Excel 2016 (including box and whisker and waterfall charts)
- Make charts more effective by using Power View
- Tame complex optimizations by using Excel Solver
- Run Monte Carlo simulations on stock prices and bidding models
- Work with the AGGREGATE function and table slicers
- Create PivotTables from data in different worksheets or workbooks
- Learn about basic probability and Bayes’ Theorem
- Automate repetitive tasks by using macros
|Regents Exams and Answers: Geometry (Barron's Regents Exams and Answers)
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $2.68
List price: $8.99
Author: Andre Castagna
Brand: Barron s Educational Series
This edition will prepare students for the Geometry Regents exam and includes the most recent tests through August 2017. It features:
Students will find review and practice for all pertinent geometry topics, such as basic angle and segment relationships (parallel lines, polygons, triangle relationships), constructions, transformations, triangle congruence and writing proofs, similarity and right triangle geometry, parallelograms, circles and arcs, coordinate geometry, and volume (modeling 3-D shapes in practical applications). It's an essential, must-have guide for the Geometry Regents exam.
- Six actual Regents exams administered for the updated Geometry Regents
- All answers thoroughly explained
- Comprehensive review questions grouped by topic
- Study tips, test-taking strategies, score analysis charts, and more valuable features
- Barron s Educational Series
|Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioral Economics
Lowest new price: $11.31
Lowest used price: $5.00
List price: $16.95
Author: Richard H. Thaler
Brand: Richard H Thaler
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Get ready to change the way you think about economics.
Nobel laureate Richard H. Thaler has spent his career studying the radical notion that the central agents in the economy are humans―predictable, error-prone individuals. Misbehaving is his arresting, frequently hilarious account of the struggle to bring an academic discipline back down to earth―and change the way we think about economics, ourselves, and our world.
Traditional economics assumes rational actors. Early in his research, Thaler realized these Spock-like automatons were nothing like real people. Whether buying a clock radio, selling basketball tickets, or applying for a mortgage, we all succumb to biases and make decisions that deviate from the standards of rationality assumed by economists. In other words, we misbehave. More importantly, our misbehavior has serious consequences. Dismissed at first by economists as an amusing sideshow, the study of human miscalculations and their effects on markets now drives efforts to make better decisions in our lives, our businesses, and our governments.
Coupling recent discoveries in human psychology with a practical understanding of incentives and market behavior, Thaler enlightens readers about how to make smarter decisions in an increasingly mystifying world. He reveals how behavioral economic analysis opens up new ways to look at everything from household finance to assigning faculty offices in a new building, to TV game shows, the NFL draft, and businesses like Uber.
Laced with antic stories of Thaler’s spirited battles with the bastions of traditional economic thinking, Misbehaving is a singular look into profound human foibles. When economics meets psychology, the implications for individuals, managers, and policy makers are both profound and entertaining.
Shortlisted for the Financial Times & McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award
- Misbehaving The Making of Behavioral Economics
Page 5 of 7615
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.