|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Probability & Statistics
|The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World
Lowest new price: $12.34
Lowest used price: $13.20
List price: $18.99
Author: Pedro Domingos
"Wonderfully erudite, humorous, and easy to read." --KDNuggets
In the world's top research labs and universities, the race is on to invent the ultimate learning algorithm: one capable of discovering any knowledge from data, and doing anything we want, before we even ask. In The Master Algorithm, Pedro Domingos lifts the veil to give us a peek inside the learning machines that power Google, Amazon, and your smartphone. He assembles a blueprint for the future universal learner--the Master Algorithm--and discusses what it will mean for business, science, and society. If data-ism is today's philosophy, this book is its bible.
|Cracking the AP Statistics Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
Lowest new price: $13.55
Lowest used price: $14.56
List price: $19.99
Author: Princeton Review
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO HELP SCORE A PERFECT 5. Ace the AP Statistics Exam with this comprehensive study guide—including 2 full-length practice tests with answer explanations, content reviews for all topics, strategies for every question type, and access to online extras via our AP Connect portal.
Written by Princeton Review experts who know their way around stats, Cracking the AP Statistics Exam will arm you to take on the exam and achieve your highest possible score.
Techniques That Actually Work.
• Tried-and-true strategies to help you avoid traps and beat the test
• Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
• Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
• Comprehensive content review for all test topics
• Up-to-date information on the 2018 AP Statistics Exam
• Engaging activities to help you critically assess your progress
• Access to AP Connect, our online portal for helpful pre-college information and exam updates
Practice Your Way to Excellence.
• 2 full-length practice tests with detailed answer explanations
• Practice drills at the end of every content review chapter
• Step-by-step walk-throughs of how to set up box plots, dot plots, and other statistics graphics
- Cracking the AP Economics Macro & Micro Exams, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP U.S. Government & Politics Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP English Literature & Composition Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Psychology Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Physics C Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Calculus BC Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP English Language & Composition Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Biology Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Physics 1 Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
|The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
Lowest new price: $24.44
Lowest used price: $12.01
List price: $40.00
Author: Edward R. Tufte
The classic book on statistical graphics, charts, tables. Theory and practice in the design of data graphics, 250 illustrations of the best (and a few of the worst) statistical graphics, with detailed analysis of how to display data for precise, effective, quick analysis. Design of the high-resolution displays, small multiples. Editing and improving graphics. The data-ink ratio. Time-series, relational graphics, data maps, multivariate designs. Detection of graphical deception: design variation vs. data variation. Sources of deception. Aesthetics and data graphical displays. This is the second edition of The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. Recently published, this new edition provides excellent color reproductions of the many graphics of William Playfair, adds color to other images, and includes all the changes and corrections accumulated during 17 printings of the first edition.
|Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts
Lowest new price: $13.46
Lowest used price: $19.00
List price: $39.99
Author: Peter Bruce
Statistical methods are a key part of of data science, yet very few data scientists have any formal statistics training. Courses and books on basic statistics rarely cover the topic from a data science perspective. This practical guide explains how to apply various statistical methods to data science, tells you how to avoid their misuse, and gives you advice on what's important and what's not.
Many data science resources incorporate statistical methods but lack a deeper statistical perspective. If you’re familiar with the R programming language, and have some exposure to statistics, this quick reference bridges the gap in an accessible, readable format.
With this book, you’ll learn:
- Why exploratory data analysis is a key preliminary step in data science
- How random sampling can reduce bias and yield a higher quality dataset, even with big data
- How the principles of experimental design yield definitive answers to questions
- How to use regression to estimate outcomes and detect anomalies
- Key classification techniques for predicting which categories a record belongs to
- Statistical machine learning methods that “learn” from data
- Unsupervised learning methods for extracting meaning from unlabeled data
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data
- Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
- Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems
- R Cookbook: Proven Recipes for Data Analysis, Statistics, and Graphics (O'reilly Cookbooks)
- Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning: Principles and Techniques for Data Scientists
- Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline
- Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data
- Deep Learning: A Practitioner's Approach
|Discovering Statistics Using IBM SPSS Statistics: North American Edition
Lowest new price: $74.69
Lowest used price: $98.07
List price: $88.00
Author: Andy Field
With an exciting new look, math diagnostic tool, and a research roadmap to navigate projects, this new edition of Andy Field’s award-winning text offers a unique combination of humor and step-by-step instruction to make learning statistics compelling and accessible to even the most anxious of students. The Fifth Edition takes students from initial theory to regression, factor analysis, and multilevel modeling, fully incorporating IBM SPSS Statistics© version 25 and fascinating examples throughout.
|Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Lowest new price: $58.62
Lowest used price: $52.45
List price: $94.95
Author: Christopher M. Bishop
This is the first textbook on pattern recognition to present the Bayesian viewpoint. The book presents approximate inference algorithms that permit fast approximate answers in situations where exact answers are not feasible. It uses graphical models to describe probability distributions when no other books apply graphical models to machine learning. No previous knowledge of pattern recognition or machine learning concepts is assumed. Familiarity with multivariate calculus and basic linear algebra is required, and some experience in the use of probabilities would be helpful though not essential as the book includes a self-contained introduction to basic probability theory.
|Introduction to Linear Algebra, Fifth Edition
Lowest new price: $77.80
Lowest used price: $60.44
List price: $95.00
Author: Gilbert Strang
Brand: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
Gilbert Strang's textbooks have changed the entire approach to learning linear algebra -- away from abstract vector spaces to specific examples of the four fundamental subspaces: the column space and nullspace of A and A'.
This new fifth edition has become more than a textbook for the basic linear algebra course. That is its first purpose and always will be. The new chapters about applications of the SVD, probability and statistics, and Principal Component Analysis in finance and genetics, make it also a textbook for a second course, plus a resource at work. Linear algebra has become central in modern applied mathematics. This book supports the value of understanding linear algebra.
Introduction to Linear Algebra, Fifth Edition includes challenge problems to complement the review problems that have been highly praised in previous editions. The basic course is followed by eight applications: differential equations in engineering, graphs and networks, statistics, Fourier methods and the FFT, linear programming, computer graphics, cryptography, Principal Component Analysis, and singular values.
Audience: Thousands of teachers in colleges and universities and now high schools are using this book, which truly explains this crucial subject. This text is for readers everywhere, with support from the websites and video lectures. Every chapter begins with a summary for efficient review.
Contents: Chap. 1: Introduction to Vectors; Chap. 2: Solving Linear Equations; Chap. 3: Vector Spaces and Subspaces; Chap. 4: Orthogonality; Chap. 5: Determinants; Chap. 6: Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors; Chap. 7: Singular Value Decomposition; Chap. 8: Linear Transformations; Chap. 9: Complex Vectors and Matrices; Chap. 10: Applications; Chap. 11: Numerical Linear Algebra; Chap. 12: Linear Algebra in Probability and Statistics; Matrix Factorizations; Index; Six Great Theorems.
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
|Statistics Laminate Reference Chart: Parameters, Variables, Intervals, Proportions (Quickstudy: Academic )
Lowest new price: $3.25
Lowest used price: $3.79
List price: $6.95
Author: John Mijares
These panel guides have comprehensive information cover a wide range of course outlines. Each guide is laminated for extra protection and is presented in an easy-to-use format that incorporates color-coded sections for easy reference. This package contains one 8.5X11 inch guide with one two or three panels. Comes in a variety of subjects. Each sold separately. Made in use.
- These panel guides have comprehensive information cover a wide range of course outlines
- Statistics-quick study guides
- Manufactured in United states
|Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics: Using Microsoft Excel 2016
Lowest new price: $69.35
Lowest used price: $51.10
List price: $90.00
Author: Neil J. Salkind
Brand: Sage Publications Ltd
Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics: Using Microsoft Excel 2016, Fourth Edition presents an often intimidating and difficult subject in a way that is clear, informative, and personable. Researchers and students will appreciate the book′s unhurried pace and thorough, friendly presentation. Opening with an introduction to Excel 2016, including coverage of how to use functions and formulas, this edition also shows students how to install the Excel Data Analysis Tools option to access a host of useful analytical techniques. The book walks readers through various statistical procedures, beginning with simple descriptive statistics, correlations, and graphical representations of data, and ending with inferential techniques, analysis of variance, and a new introductory chapter on working with large datasets and data mining using Excel.
|Discovering Statistics Using IBM SPSS Statistics, 4th Edition
Lowest new price: $26.01
Lowest used price: $14.34
List price: $88.00
Author: Andy Field
Brand: SAGE Publications Ltd
Unrivaled in the way it makes the teaching of statistics compelling and accessible to even the most anxious of students, the only statistics textbook you and your students will ever need just got better! Andy Field′s comprehensive and bestselling Discovering Statistics Using SPSS 4th Edition takes students from introductory statistical concepts through very advanced concepts, incorporating SPSS throughout. The Fourth Edition focuses on providing essential content updates, better accessibility to key features, more instructor resources, and more content specific to select disciplines. It also incorporates powerful new digital developments on the textbook′s companion website.
Page 2 of 3075
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.