|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes
Lowest new price: $10.24
Lowest used price: $6.26
List price: $15.99
Author: Joel Fuhrman M.D.
The New York Times bestselling author of Eat to Live and Super Immunity and one of the country’s leading experts on preventive medicine offers a scientifically proven, practical program to prevent and reverse diabetes—without drugs.
At last, a breakthrough program to combat the rising diabetes epidemic and help millions of diabetics, as well as those suffering with high blood pressure and heart disease. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. Research director of the Nutritional Research Foundation, shows you how to live a long, healthy, and happy life—disease free. He offers a complete health transformation, starting with a diet with a high nutrient-per-calorie ratio that can be adapted for individual needs.
Dr. Fuhrman makes clear that we don’t have to “control” diabetes. Patients can choose to follow better nutritional guidelines that will control it for them, even before they have lost excess weight. The end result is a medical breakthrough—a comprehensive reversal of the disease.
|Survival of the Sickest: The Surprising Connections Between Disease and Longevity (P.S.)
Lowest new price: $8.44
Lowest used price: $4.37
List price: $15.99
Author: Dr. Sharon Moalem
Brand: Moalem, Sharon/ Prince, Jonathan
Joining the ranks of modern myth busters, Dr. Sharon Moalem turns our current understanding of illness on its head and challenges us to fundamentally change the way we think about our bodies, our health, and our relationship to just about every other living thing on earth. Through a fresh and engaging examination of our evolutionary history, Dr. Moalem reveals how many of the conditions that are diseases today actually gave our ancestors a leg up in the survival sweepstakes. But Survival of the Sickest doesn't stop there. It goes on to demonstrate just how little modern medicine really understands about human health, and offers a new way of thinking that can help all of us live longer, healthier lives.
Dan Ariely on Survival of the Sickest
MIT professor Dan Ariely has become one of the leaders in the growing field of behavioral economics, and his bestselling book debut, Predictably Irrational, has brought his ideas--and his ingenious experiments and charming sense of humor--to a much wider audience. With the simplest of tests (often an auction or a quiz given under a few conditions) he shows again and again not only that we are wired to make irrational decisions in many situations, but that we do so in remarkably predictable ways.
I have always been puzzled by the way in which genetic diseases have managed to survive throughout the ages. How could it be that these diseases were able to withstand the evolutionary process, where only the most fit survive, and continue to be transferred from one generation to the next? Survival of the Sickest provides a thought provoking yet entertaining explanation to this puzzle.
In this insightful book Dr. Sharon Moalem demonstrates how conditions that are considered unhealthy (such as hemochromatosis, diabetes, and high cholesterol), or even deadly in extreme cases, might actually put their carriers at an advantage in combating other life-threatening illnesses. For example, he explains that hemochromatosis, a disease that, if left untreated, will kill you, may have actually been a defense against the deadliest pandemic in history--the bubonic plague during the 14th century. It turns out that this genetic mutation, which continues to be passed down through generations, actually helped spare many lives at one point.
Throughout the book, Dr. Moalem draws many connections between seemingly disparate subjects, such as the accidental invention of ice wine and cold diuresis, in order to illustrate the basic mechanisms of genetics and medicine in charming and intuitive ways. He skillfully interweaves his knowledge of history, genetics, and medicine not only as they relate to specific medical conditions but also in a way that addresses important challenges of modern society and our future evolution.
In the most general terms, Dr. Moalem's description of the human body and its complexity left me in awe of how far we have come in our understanding of biology and medicine, while also being reminded that the road to understanding ourselves is still wide open with much more to learn in the decades, and even centuries, to come. It is a fantastic journey on which he leads us and Dr. Moalem is a kind, knowledgeable, humorous, and helpful guide.
|Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Manual (Aha, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Pals) Provider Manual)
Lowest new price: $42.50
Lowest used price: $36.38
List price: $42.50
Author: American Heart Association
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider Manual This manual contains all the information students need to successfully complete the PALS course in a classroom-based format. Designed for use by a single student, this text is also ideal for use as a reference tool before and after the course. Full-color softcover, 368 pages, 8 1/2" x 11", plus the PALS Precourse Preparation Checklist Card and the PALS Pocket Reference Card. Based on the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC. American Heart Association Item: 15-1058
|Healthy Gut, Healthy You
Lowest new price: $34.99
Lowest used price: $28.00
List price: $34.99
Author: Dr. Michael Ruscio
Over two thousand years ago, Hippocrates said that all disease begins in the gut. Now backed by extensive scientific research, this idea still holds true today. In Healthy Gut, Healthy You, clinician and researcher Dr. Michael Ruscio shows how modern lifestyle changes and the widespread use of antibiotics have made our guts and the essential bacteria they contain more vulnerable than ever before.
The good news is that almost any ailment including depression, fatigue, weight gain, autoimmunity, insomnia, and hypothyroidism can be healed. The key is not just managing the symptoms but treating the root cause: the gut. Restoring this crucial part of your overall health improves the performance of your whole body from the inside out and it's easier than you think to get started.
You don't have to follow crazy diets or spend a fortune to get healthy. Instead, read this book to discover
- how the gut works and its role in your body,
- practical diet and lifestyle advice to support your gut health,
- simple and actionable tools to repair your gut, and
- an innovative, user-friendly plan to heal, support, and revitalize your gut.
A vibrant, healthy you begins with your gut start healing your body today!
- Unconventional Medicine: Join the Revolution to Reinvent Healthcare, Reverse Chronic Disease, and Create a Practice You Love
- The SIBO Diet Plan: Four Weeks to Relieve Symptoms and Manage SIBO
- How to Make Disease Disappear
- Wired to Eat: Turn Off Cravings, Rewire Your Appetite for Weight Loss, and Determine the Foods That Work for You
- Dirty Genes: A Breakthrough Program to Treat the Root Cause of Illness and Optimize Your Health
- The Paleo Cure: Eat Right for Your Genes, Body Type, and Personal Health Needs -- Prevent and Reverse Disease, Lose Weight Effortlessly, and Look and Feel Better than Ever
- Atrantil (90 Clear Caps): Bloating, Abdominal Discomfort, Change in Bowel Habits, and Everyday Digestive Health
- Medical Futures Inc. - Iberogast® 100 ml 3.4 oz
- Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life
- The Gut Health Protocol: A Nutritional Approach To Healing SIBO, Intestinal Candida, GERD, Gastritis, and other Gut Health Issues
|Gray's Anatomy for Students: With Student Consult Online Access, 3e
Lowest new price: $55.38
Lowest used price: $44.00
List price: $93.99
Author: Richard Drake PhD FAAA
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Basic and Clinical Sciences Category! Anatomy texts just don’t get any better than Gray's Anatomy for Students! Now in its 3rd edition, this completely revised medical textbook continues its focus on just the core information you need for your anatomy courses, presenting everything in an easy-to-read, visually appealing format that facilitates study.
- Obtain reliable, accessible coverage of everything you will learn in your contemporary anatomy classes with expert knowledge from a team of authors who share a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience.
- Easily locate and remember specific structures. More than 1,000 innovative, original illustrations by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson capture anatomical features with unrivalled clarity.
- Understand the practical applications of anatomical concepts through unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies.
- Expedite the review of basic concepts from each chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Stay current and engaged in your anatomy courses with many new "In the Clinic" boxes, which offer access to in-depth clinical discussions related to specific diseases or procedures.
- Source your review material quickly and easily thanks to a list of additional relevant study aids at the beginning of each chapter.
- Improve your comprehension of cranial nerves with help from a brand-new visual map summarizing cranial nerve distribution and function.
- Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, where you can also take advantage of an online anatomy and embryology self-study course, medical clinical cases, physical therapy clinical cases, self-assessment questions, and more.
- Further enhance your learning by pairing this textbook with its companion review products, Gray's Anatomy for Students Flashcards, 3rd Edition (ISBN: 978-1-4557-1078-2) and Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy 2nd Edition (ISBN 978-1-4557-4802-0)!
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
|The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners: A 7-Day Plan to Beat Bloat and Soothe Your Gut with Recipes for Fast IBS Relief
Lowest new price: $9.98
Lowest used price: $8.73
List price: $17.99
Author: Mollie Tunitsky
"From shopping lists to meal plans to reintroduction phase guidance, Mollie’s created the user-friendly roadmap that the FODMAP community has been missing." ―Brittany A. Link, MSW, RD, LD, Registered Dietitian, Certified Wellness Coach
When you have IBS, planning your day around the whims of your stomach can be frustrating and even embarrassing. Just ask Mollie Tunitsky, whose own struggles with IBS led her to follow and find success with a low-FODMAP diet. Determined to share this achievement with others, Mollie lays out an easy to follow meal plan for fast relief from pain and bloating in The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners. Designed for anyone new to the low-FODMAP diet, The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners equips you with everything you need to settle your stomach in just seven days.
The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners includes:
- A 7-Day Low-FODMAP Meal Plan containing shopping lists, a symptom tracker, and helpful tips
- Over 75 Low-FODMAP Friendly Recipes indicating dairy-free, one pot, quick prep, 30 minutes or less, vegetarian, or vegan dishes
- A Low-FODMAP Introduction covering basic information about the FODMAP diet and how it affects your body
The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners includes recipes such as: Banana Pancakes, Vegetable Frittata, Grilled Bok Choy, Creamy Pumpkin Pasta, Vegetable Fried Rice, Baked Coconut Shrimp, Chicken Piccata, Classic Turkey Burgers, Flourless Chocolate Cake with Berry Sauce, and much more!
Make plans and follow through with The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginners meal plan.
|Ketogenic Diet : The Step by Step Guide For Beginners: Ketogenic Diet for Beginners : Optimal Path for Weight Loss
Lowest new price: $13.20
Lowest used price: $11.49
List price: $14.67
Author: Jamie Ken Moore
Have you ever looked in the mirror and wondered if you could ever lose those fats and get yourself an awesome physique? How about being free of conditions like high blood pressure and less than ideal cholesterol levels to enjoy a wholesome, healthy and active life?
If that sounds good, step up and get ready to dive into the world of the Ketogenic Diet!
What Does The Ketogenic Diet Give You
- A healthy way to burn fat, and keep it off for real
- Experience weight loss within weeks that stays lost
- Freedom from Hunger and better appetite control
- Increased energy to go about your daily routines
- Improved cholesterol readings
- Reduction in blood sugar and blood pressure
- Eat savoury foods that you crave while losing weight! And Much More!
Wanting To Start The Ketogenic Diet But Not Sure How?
This guide serves to do just that, giving you a structured program on how to begin the ketogenic diet. You will also be shown the various other benefits of the ketogenic diet, as well as actionable information that will pave the road for you to enjoy long lasting weight loss, inches of reduction in overall body measurements and an improved mood.
In this book Ketogenic Diet: The Step by Step Guide, you will get for yourself
- An easy system that shows step by step on how to go ketogenic
- Ketogenic friendly grocery shopping list
- Meal recipes that breakdown calories, carbs, proteins and fat content!
- A quickstart Meal Plan for you to get chugging along
- The detailed know-how on why you want to go Ketogenic
- Knowledge on what to expect along the ketogenic journey
- Weight loss principles and the impact of the ketogenic diet
- A special list of foods that demands your attention for ketogenic success!
- And Much, Much More inside!
If you have been on the same route as me, trying all sorts of diets known on earth, popping expensive weight loss pills and spending loads on exercise machines but end up finding that the weight keeps coming back, then it is time for you to start the Ketogenic Diet!
To Sum It All Up
The Ketogenic Diet is not a cure all for every ill on the planet, but it can pretty much give you what you want if you are looking to lose weight effectively without much exercise, get your body’s metabolism in shape to be rid of those unhealthy cardiovascular symptoms and dramatically bring up your energy levels for each day’s work and play.
Start today. Get your ketogenic journey off, tread the path to effective weight loss and wellness in health!
Pick Up Your Copy Now!
Click On The BUY NOW Button At The Top Of The Page!
- Keto Diet for Beginners: TOP 51 Amazing and Simple Recipes in One Ketogenic Cookbook, Any Recipes on Your Choice for Any Meal Time
- The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet
- The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence
- Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 500 Ketogenic Diet Recipes to Cook at Home
- The One Pot Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 100+ Easy Weeknight Meals for Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Sheet Pan, and More
- The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle
- The Keto Crock Pot Cookbook: Quick And Easy Ketogenic Crock Pot Recipes For Smart People
- Ketogenic Diet: The Complete How-To Guide For Beginners: Ketogenic Diet For Beginners: Step By Step To Lose Weight And Heal Your Body (Volume 1)
- Smackfat Ketone Strips - Perfect for Ketogenic Diet and Diabetics - Precise Ketone Measurement and Supports Ketone Adaptation, 100 Strips
- The Keto Crock Pot Cookbook: 5 Ingredients or Less Quick, Easy & Delicious Ketogenic Crock Pot Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals (Keto Crock Pot Series) (Volume 1)
|The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
Lowest new price: $9.20
Lowest used price: $3.95
List price: $20.00
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
Brand: Scribner Book Company
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, and now a documentary from Ken Burns on PBS, The Emperor of All Maladies is a magnificent, profoundly humane “biography” of cancer—from its first documented appearances thousands of years ago through the epic battles in the twentieth century to cure, control, and conquer it to a radical new understanding of its essence.
Physician, researcher, and award-winning science writer, Siddhartha Mukherjee examines cancer with a cellular biologist’s precision, a historian’s perspective, and a biographer’s passion. The result is an astonishingly lucid and eloquent chronicle of a disease humans have lived with—and perished from—for more than five thousand years.
The story of cancer is a story of human ingenuity, resilience, and perseverance, but also of hubris, paternalism, and misperception. Mukherjee recounts centuries of discoveries, setbacks, victories, and deaths, told through the eyes of his predecessors and peers, training their wits against an infinitely resourceful adversary that, just three decades ago, was thought to be easily vanquished in an all-out “war against cancer.” The book reads like a literary thriller with cancer as the protagonist.
From the Persian Queen Atossa, whose Greek slave may have cut off her diseased breast, to the nineteenth-century recipients of primitive radiation and chemotherapy to Mukherjee’s own leukemia patient, Carla, The Emperor of All Maladies is about the people who have soldiered through fiercely demanding regimens in order to survive—and to increase our understanding of this iconic disease.
Riveting, urgent, and surprising, The Emperor of All Maladies provides a fascinating glimpse into the future of cancer treatments. It is an illuminating book that provides hope and clarity to those seeking to demystify cancer.
Amazon Best Books of the Month, November 2010: "In 2010, about six hundred thousand Americans, and more than 7 million humans around the world, will die of cancer." With this sobering statistic, physician and researcher Siddhartha Mukherjee begins his comprehensive and eloquent "biography" of one of the most virulent diseases of our time. An exhaustive account of cancer's origins, The Emperor of All Maladies illustrates how modern treatments--multi-pronged chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery, as well as preventative care--came into existence thanks to a century's worth of research, trials, and small, essential breakthroughs around the globe. While The Emperor of All Maladies is rich with the science and history behind the fight against cancer, it is also a meditation on illness, medical ethics, and the complex, intertwining lives of doctors and patients. Mukherjee's profound compassion--for cancer patients, their families, as well as the oncologists who, all too often, can offer little hope--makes this book a very human history of an elusive and complicated disease. --Lynette Mong
|Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance
Lowest new price: $5.21
Lowest used price: $0.58
List price: $17.00
Author: Atul Gawande
Brand: Picador USA
The struggle to perform well is universal: each of us faces fatigue, limited resources, and imperfect abilities in whatever we do. But nowhere is this drive to do better more important than in medicine, where lives may be on the line with any decision.
Atul Gawande, the New York Times bestselling author of Complications, examines, in riveting accounts of medical failure and triumph, how success is achieved in this complex and risk-filled profession. At once unflinching and compassionate, Better is an exhilarating journey, narrated by "arguably the best nonfiction doctor-writer around" (Salon.com).
|Anticancer: A New Way of Life
Lowest new price: $11.28
Lowest used price: $6.83
List price: $18.00
Author: David Servan-Schreiber MD PhD
The revolutionary, New York Times bestselling guide to the powerful lifestyle changes that fight and prevent cancer—an integrative approach based on the latest scientific research
“A common-sense blueprint for healthy living.” —Chicago Tribune
“Resonating with cancer support communities and recommended nationwide.” —Los Angeles Times
“Life affirming . . . filled with practical advice.” —The Seattle Times
David Servan-Schreiber was a rising neuroscientist with his own brain imaging laboratory when, in the middle of an equipment test, he discovered a tumor the size of a walnut in his own brain. Forced to confront what medicine knows about cancer, and all that we still do not know, Servan-Schreiber marshaled his will to live and set out to understand the complex inner workings of the body’s natural cancer-fighting capabilities. He soon found himself on a decades-long journey from disease and relapse into scientific exploration and, finally, a new view of health.
Anticancer is at once the moving story of one doctor’s inner and outer search for wellness and a radical exposition of the roles that lifestyle, environment, and trauma play in our health. Drawing on the latest research in integrative medicine that blends conventional and alternative approaches, Servan-Schreiber concisely explains what makes cancer cells thrive, what inhibits them, and how we can empower ourselves to prevent their growth. His advice details how to develop a science-based anticancer diet (and the small changes that can make a big difference); how to reap the benefits of exercise, yoga, and meditation; which toxic, unsafe products to replace in your home; and how to stave off the effects of helplessness and unhealed wounds to regain balance.
Anticancer’s synthesis of science and personal experience marks a transformation in the way we understand and confront cancer. A long-running bestseller that has changed the lives of millions around the world, Anticancer remains a pioneering and peerless resource, an inspirational and revolutionary guide to “a new way of life.”
Page 2 of 5306
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.