|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Foundations in Microbiology
Lowest new price: $141.44
Lowest used price: $112.00
Author: Kathleen Park Talaro
Foundations in Microbiology is an allied health microbiology text with a taxonomic approach to the disease chapters. It offers an engaging and accessible writing style through the use of case studies and analogies to thoroughly explain difficult microbiology concepts.
We were so excited to offer a robust learning program with student-focused learning activities, allowing the students to manage their learning while you easily manage their assessment. Revised art and updated photos help concepts stand out. Detailed reports show how your assignments measure various learning objectives from the book (or input your own!), levels of Bloom's Taxonomy or other categories, and how your students are doing. The Talaro Learning Users who purchase Connect receive access to a full online eBook version of the textbook, including SmartBook! New to SmartBook with this edition are learning resources to aid student understanding of content utilizing a variety of learning tools.
|Dysphagia: Clinical Management in Adults and Children, 2e
Lowest new price: $61.90
Lowest used price: $57.00
List price: $102.00
Author: Michael E. Groher PhD
Get all the information you need to confidently manage dysphagia in professional practice with Dysphagia: Clinical Management in Adults and Children, 2nd Edition! This logically organized, evidence-based resource reflects the latest advancements in dysphagia in an approachable and user-friendly manner to help you master the clinical evaluation and diagnostic decision-making processes. New coverage of the latest insights and research along with expanded information on infant and child swallowing will help prepare you for the conditions you’ll face in the clinical setting. Plus, the realistic case scenarios and detailed review questions threaded throughout the book will help you develop the clinical reasoning skills needed for professional success.
- Reader-friendly learning features throughout the book include chapter outlines, learning objectives, and bullet-pointed summaries at chapter ends to help readers focus their attention on mastering important content.
- Case histories throughout the book promote critical thinking in realistic clinical situations.
- Critical thinking questions help readers determine their understanding on the content and reinforce learning.
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice prepares readers to properly support their diagnostic and treatment decisions.
- NEW! Expanded content on infant and child swallowing will help readers learn the insights needed for this growing area of practice.
- NEW! Updated content and references throughout reflect the most up to date research in existence.
|ECG Workout: Exercises in Arrhythmia Interpretation
Lowest new price: $31.91
Lowest used price: $26.95
List price: $61.99
Author: Jane Huff
Brand: Jane Huff
Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Grasp the electrocardiography basics and identify arrhythmias accurately, with the freshly updated ECG Workout, 7th Edition
Fully addressing the most common arrhythmias, this clearly worded text will take you step-by-step through expert ECG tracing interpretation methods, including differentiating among rhythm groups, equipment use, and management protocols. This is the go-to ECG guide for both student training and professional review—perfect for physicians, nurses, medical and nursing students, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, telemetry technicians, and related practitioners. Get a strong grounding in accurate ECG readings with . . .
- NEW pull-out arrhythmia summary cards help you interpret end-of-chapter practice strips
- NEW and updated advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) guidelines incorporated in each arrhythmia chapter
- NEW and updated figures, boxes, tables, and additional practice strips
- Updated coverage of all ECG concepts and skills, including:
- Illustrated anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Electrical basis of electrocardiology
- Arrhythmia chapters: sinus, atrial, junctional and AV blocks, ventricular and bundle-branch block rhythms—examples, causes, clinical treatments, and practice strips
- Step-by-step direction on interpreting rhythm strips
- Components of the ECG tracing: waveforms, intervals, segments, complexes, and waveform identification
- Discussion of cardiac monitors, lead systems, lead placement, ECG artifacts, and troubleshooting monitor problems
- Methods for precise rate calculation
- Discussion of cardiac pacemakers: types, indications, function, pacemaker terminology, malfunctions, and pacemaker analysis, with practice tracings
- ECG conversion table ensures precise heart rate calculation with plastic pocket version inside back cover
- Skillbuilder practice strips—more than 600 life-size ECG tracings:
- End-of-chapter strips from actual patients, with 3-second indicators for rapid-rate calculation, and answers at back of book
- A mix of arrhythmias to help you distinguish among types
- Posttest with mix of more than 100 waveform rhythm strips, for student testing or self-evaluation
- ECG Workout Exercises in Arrhythmia Interpretation
|The Gene: An Intimate History
Lowest new price: $7.00
Lowest used price: $7.26
List price: $20.00
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
THE #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
A New York Times Notable Book
A Washington Post and Seattle Times Best Book of the Year
From the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Emperor of All Maladies—a fascinating history of the gene and “a magisterial account of how human minds have laboriously, ingeniously picked apart what makes us tick” (Elle).
“Dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee dazzled readers with his Pulitzer Prize-winning The Emperor of All Maladies in 2010. That achievement was evidently just a warm-up for his virtuoso performance in The Gene: An Intimate History, in which he braids science, history, and memoir into an epic with all the range and biblical thunder of Paradise Lost” (The New York Times). In this biography Mukherjee brings to life the quest to understand human heredity and its surprising influence on our lives, personalities, identities, fates, and choices.
“Mukherjee expresses abstract intellectual ideas through emotional stories…[and] swaddles his medical rigor with rhapsodic tenderness, surprising vulnerability, and occasional flashes of pure poetry” (The Washington Post). Throughout, the story of Mukherjee’s own family—with its tragic and bewildering history of mental illness—reminds us of the questions that hang over our ability to translate the science of genetics from the laboratory to the real world. In riveting and dramatic prose, he describes the centuries of research and experimentation—from Aristotle and Pythagoras to Mendel and Darwin, from Boveri and Morgan to Crick, Watson and Franklin, all the way through the revolutionary twenty-first century innovators who mapped the human genome.
“A fascinating and often sobering history of how humans came to understand the roles of genes in making us who we are—and what our manipulation of those genes might mean for our future” (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel), The Gene is the revelatory and magisterial history of a scientific idea coming to life, the most crucial science of our time, intimately explained by a master. “The Gene is a book we all should read” (USA TODAY).
An Amazon Best Book of May 2016: In 2010, Siddhartha Mukherjee was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his book The Emperor of All Maladies, a “biography” of cancer. Here, he follows up with a biography of the gene—and The Gene is just as informative, wise, and well-written as that first book. Mukherjee opens with a survey of how the gene first came to be conceptualized and understood, taking us through the thoughts of Aristotle, Darwin, Mendel, Thomas Morgan, and others; he finishes the section with a look at the case of Carrie Buck (to whom the book is dedicated), who eventually was sterilized in 1927 in a famous American eugenics case. Carrie Buck’s sterilization comes as a warning that informs the rest of the book. This is what can happen when we start tinkering with this most personal science and misunderstand the ethical implications of those tinkerings. Through the rest of The Gene, Mukherjee clearly and skillfully illustrates how the science has grown so much more advanced and complicated since the 1920s—we are developing the capacity to directly manipulate the human genome—and how the ethical questions have also grown much more complicated. We could ask for no wiser, more fascinating and talented writer to guide us into the future of our human heredity than Siddhartha Mukherjee. --Chris Schluep
|Essentials of Environmental Health (Essential Public Health)
Lowest new price: $69.34
Lowest used price: $56.85
List price: $106.95
Author: Robert H. Friis
Brand: Friis Robert H
Given the success and positive reviews of the first edition, Friis has kept in tact the features that work well. The author has instead focused on completing a thorough update of tables, figures and data.
• New chapter (Chapter 14) on injuries
• All Web-based sources updated throughout to include the most recent information
• Expanded discussion of the history of environmental health, e.g., contributions of John Snow, Lemuel Shattuck, and Walter Reed
• New case study on pandemic influenza (H1N1) 2009
• Coverage of recent environmental controversies, such as use of bisphenol A in plastics
This best-selling offering from the APHA/Jones & Bartlett Learning Essential Public Health series is a clear and comprehensive study of the major topics of environmental health, including:
• Background of the field and "tools of the trade" (environmental epidemiology, environmental toxicology, and environmental policy and regulation).
• Environmental diseases (microbial agents, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation).
• Applications and domains of environmental health (water and air quality, food safety, waste disposal, and occupational health).
With a straightforward, non-technical approach, the author has included many examples and illustrations of environmental health issues. Perfect for the beginning student as well as the experienced health professional, each chapter concludes with study questions and exercises to engage the reader in further study.
Looking for more real-life evidence? Check out Cases 7, 13, 14, & 16 in Essential Case Studies in Public Health, Putting Public Health into Practice.
- Essentials Of Environmental Health Essential Public Health
Lowest new price: $131.25
Lowest used price: $106.00
Author: Shelley E Taylor Distinguished Professor
Since the first edition was published in 1986, Health Psychology has helped thousands of college students learn how to maintain their health and guard against illness. The goal of this book has always been to make research accessible in a way that integrates theory with practical applications so that people can lead healthier lives. The importance of social relationships, health behaviors, and co-management of health and illness are themes that are woven throughout the text. The Connect course for this offering includes SmartBook, an adaptive reading and study experience which guides students to master, recall, and apply key concepts while providing automatically-graded assessments.
• Connect®―The Connect Suite effectively engages students in the course so they are better prepared for class, more active in discussion, and achieve better results. Its innovative and adaptive technology addresses a wide variety of student and instructor needs with a rich database of assignable and assessable activities, each attached to learning objectives. Connect, part of the Connect suite, is a web-based assignment and assessment platform that features a number of powerful tools that make managing assignments easier for instructors and learning and studying more engaging and efficient for students.
• Connect InsightTM―As part of the Connect Suite, InsightTM puts real-time analytics in your hands so you can take action early and keep struggling students from falling behind. Designed for your tablet or desktop computer, Insight is a series of visual displays providing at-a-glance information regarding how your section, students, and assignments are doing.
• SmartBook―As part of the Connect Suite, SmartBook is the first and only adaptive reading and learning experience that changes the way students read. It creates a personalized, interactive reading environment like no other by highlighting important concepts, while helping students identify their strengths and weaknesses. This ensures that he or she is focused on the content needed to close specific knowledge gaps, while it simultaneously promotes long term learning.
• LearnSmart―As part of the Connect Suite, LearnSmart is an adaptive learning program designed to help students learn faster, study smarter, and retain more knowledge for greater success. Millions of students have answered billions of questions in LearnSmart, making it the most widely used tool that’s proven to strengthen memory recall, retain student attendance, and boost grades.
|The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
Lowest new price: $10.77
Lowest used price: $7.05
List price: $20.00
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
Brand: Mukherjee Siddhartha
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, and now a documentary from Ken Burns on PBS, The Emperor of All Maladies is a magnificent, profoundly humane “biography” of cancer—from its first documented appearances thousands of years ago through the epic battles in the twentieth century to cure, control, and conquer it to a radical new understanding of its essence.
Physician, researcher, and award-winning science writer, Siddhartha Mukherjee examines cancer with a cellular biologist’s precision, a historian’s perspective, and a biographer’s passion. The result is an astonishingly lucid and eloquent chronicle of a disease humans have lived with—and perished from—for more than five thousand years.
The story of cancer is a story of human ingenuity, resilience, and perseverance, but also of hubris, paternalism, and misperception. Mukherjee recounts centuries of discoveries, setbacks, victories, and deaths, told through the eyes of his predecessors and peers, training their wits against an infinitely resourceful adversary that, just three decades ago, was thought to be easily vanquished in an all-out “war against cancer.” The book reads like a literary thriller with cancer as the protagonist.
From the Persian Queen Atossa, whose Greek slave may have cut off her diseased breast, to the nineteenth-century recipients of primitive radiation and chemotherapy to Mukherjee’s own leukemia patient, Carla, The Emperor of All Maladies is about the people who have soldiered through fiercely demanding regimens in order to survive—and to increase our understanding of this iconic disease.
Riveting, urgent, and surprising, The Emperor of All Maladies provides a fascinating glimpse into the future of cancer treatments. It is an illuminating book that provides hope and clarity to those seeking to demystify cancer.
Amazon Best Books of the Month, November 2010: "In 2010, about six hundred thousand Americans, and more than 7 million humans around the world, will die of cancer." With this sobering statistic, physician and researcher Siddhartha Mukherjee begins his comprehensive and eloquent "biography" of one of the most virulent diseases of our time. An exhaustive account of cancer's origins, The Emperor of All Maladies illustrates how modern treatments--multi-pronged chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery, as well as preventative care--came into existence thanks to a century's worth of research, trials, and small, essential breakthroughs around the globe. While The Emperor of All Maladies is rich with the science and history behind the fight against cancer, it is also a meditation on illness, medical ethics, and the complex, intertwining lives of doctors and patients. Mukherjee's profound compassion--for cancer patients, their families, as well as the oncologists who, all too often, can offer little hope--makes this book a very human history of an elusive and complicated disease. --Lynette Mong
- The Emperor of All Maladies A Biography of Cancer
|Basic Arrhythmias (8th Edition)
Lowest new price: $107.29
Lowest used price: $93.54
List price: $137.33
Author: Gail Walraven
For all courses in basic or introductory cardiography
Focused coverage and realistic hands-on practice help students master basic arrhythmias
Basic Arrhythmias, Eighth Edition, gives beginning students a strong basic understanding of the common, uncomplicated rhythms that are a foundation for further learning and success in electrocardiography. Concepts are presented in a flexible, progressive approach to allow for self-paced or classroom learning. Chapters cover basic electrophysiology, waves and measurements, rhythm analysis, and the five major groups of arrhythmias. Basic Arrhythmias includes appendices on Clinical Implications, Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology, 12-Lead Electrocardiography, Basic 12-Lead Interpretation, and Pathophysiology of Arrhythmias. Practice EKG rhythm strips are included in most chapters to give students extensive, realistic hands-on practice—the single most important element in developing arrhythmia interpretation skills.
Also available with MyLab BRADY
This title is also available packaged with MyLab™ BRADY–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that gives you the power to reach students on their terms—and to teach however you like. Encourage students to immerse themselves in the Pearson eText on their own time and use your classroom sessions to workshop key concepts. Or, enhance your lectures with videos and other engaging content that brings course material to life. Fostering engagement both within and outside the classroom, MyLab BRADY helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in improved performance in the course.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab BRADY does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab BRADY, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab BRADY search for:
0134701070 / 9780134701073 Basic Arrhythmias Plus MyLab BRADY with Pearson eText -- Product Package,8/e
Package consists of:
0134380991 / 9780134380995 Basic Arrhythmias
0134381742 / 9780134381749 MyLab BRADY with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Basic Arrhythmias
|Essentials of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy, 4e
Lowest new price: $83.88
Lowest used price: $83.87
List price: $118.00
Author: Ellen Hillegass EdD PT CCS FAACVPR
Improve your understanding of the cardiopulmonary system with Essentials of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy, 4th Edition. Based on best practices prescribed in The Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, this new edition provides comprehensive coverage of anatomy, physiology, and cardiopulmonary assessment, along with expanded chapters on the growing topics of early mobilization of the ICU patient and acute care management. Using a practical approach, expert author Ellen Hillegass also discusses pathophysiology, pharmacology, and interventions in the outpatient setting.
- Evidence-based content reflects the latest research in the field and incorporates the use of ICF.
- Material uses best practices defined by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Clinical tips give you real-world hints and suggestions from practicing clinicians.
- NEW! Expanded chapters cover early mobilization of the ICU patient and acute care management.
- NEW! Updated references emphasize evidence-based information from the text.
- NEW! Full-color printing enhances text.
|Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
Lowest new price: $164.49
Lowest used price: $150.00
List price: $249.00
Author: Dennis L. Kasper
The landmark guide to internal medicine―
updated and streamlined for today’s students and clinicians
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
All eChapters in the Nineteenth Edition are accessible online as well as on the DVD packaged within the print volumes, so you have the flexibility of using the method of access most convenient to you.
Through six decades, no resource has matched the authority, esteemed scholarship, and scientific rigor of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. Capturing the countless advances and developments across the full span of medicine, the new 19th edition of Harrison’s provides a complete update of essential content related to disease pathogenesis, clinical trials, current diagnostic methods and imaging approaches, evidence-based practice guidelines, and established and newly approved treatment methods.
Here are just a few of the outstanding features of the new Nineteenth Edition:
- Presented in two volumes: Volume 1 is devoted to foundational principles, cardinal manifestations of disease and approach to differential diagnosis; Volume 2 covers disease pathogenesis and treatment
- NEW chapters on important topics such as Men’s Health, The Impact of Global Warming on Infectious Diseases, Fatigue, and many more
- Critical updates in management and therapeutics in Hepatitis, Coronary Artery Disease, Ebola Virus Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism, Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Lipoprotein Disorders, HIV and AIDS, and more.
- Increased number of the popular Harrison’s clinical algorithms; clinically relevant radiographic examples spanning hundreds of diseases; clinical-pathological images in full color; crystal clear, full color drawings and illustrations and helpful tables and summary lists that make clinical application of the content faster than ever
- Access to outstanding multi-media resources including practical videos demonstrating essential bedside procedures, physical examination techniques, endoscopic findings, cardiovascular findings, and more
Supporting the renowned coverage are supplemental resources that reflect and assist modern medical practice: more than 1,000 full-color photographs to aid visual recognition skills, hundreds of state-of-the-art radiographs, from plain film to 3D CT to PET Scans; beautiful illustrations that bring applied anatomy and processes to life; the renowned Harrison’s patient-care algorithms, essential summary tables, and practical demonstrative videos. In addition, the book’s several digital atlases highlight noninvasive imaging, percutaneous revascularization, gastrointestinal endoscopy, diagnosis and management of vasculitis, and numerous other issues commonly encountered in clinical practice.
Acclaim for Harrison’s:
“Covering nearly every possible topic in the field of medicine, the book begins with a phenomenal overview of clinical medicine, discussing important topics such as global medicine, decision-making in clinical practice, the concepts of disease screening and prevention, as well as the importance of medical disorders in specific groups (e.g. women, surgical patients, end of life). The extensive chapters that follow focus on a symptom-based presentation of disease and then illness organized by organ system. Numerous tables, graphs, and figures add further clarity to the text. The accompanying DVD includes extensive video and image collections of pathology, histology, procedures, additional lectures, and radiology…
…Written by experts in the field, this book is updated with the latest advances in pathophysiology and treatment. It is organized in a way that makes reading from beginning to end a logical journey, yet each chapter can stand alone as a quick reference on a particular topic. “
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
- CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2018, 57th Edition
- Differential Diagnosis of Common Complaints: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 6e
- Harrisons Manual of Medicine, 19th Edition
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review, 19th Edition
- Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Pediatric Physical Examination: An Illustrated Handbook, 2e
- Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy, 6e
- Primary Care: A Collaborative Practice, 5e
- Rapid Interpretation of EKG's, Sixth Edition
- Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents
Page 2 of 7269
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.