|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Bright Spots & Landmines: The Diabetes Guide I Wish Someone Had Handed Me
Lowest new price: $5.78
Lowest used price: $8.00
List price: $6.42
Author: Adam Brown
Adam Brown’s acclaimed diaTribe column, Adam’s Corner, has brought life-transforming diabetes tips to over 1 million people since 2013. In this highly actionable guide, he shares the food, mindset, exercise, and sleep strategies that have had the biggest positive impact on his diabetes – and hopefully yours too! Bright Spots & Landmines is filled with hundreds of effective diabetes tips, questions, and shortcuts, including what to eat to minimize blood sugar swings; helpful strategies to feel less stressed, guilty, and burned out; and simple ways to improve exercise and sleep. Along the way, Adam argues that the usual focus on problems and mistakes in diabetes (Landmines) misses the bigger opportunity: Bright Spots. By identifying what’s working and finding ways to do those things more often, we can all live healthier, happier, and more hopeful lives. Whether you are newly diagnosed or have had type 1 or type 2 diabetes for over 50 years, this book delivers on its promise: practical diabetes advice that works immediately.
|Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice: A Practical Approach
Lowest new price: $71.17
Lowest used price: $63.99
List price: $129.99
Author: Virginia Poole Arcangelo PhD CRNP
Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Be ready to prescribe and administer drugs safely and effectively—and grasp all the vitals of pharmacology—with the fully updated Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice, 4th edition
Written by pharmacology nursing experts, this easy-to-read text offers proven frameworks for treating more than 50 common diseases and disorders. Learn how to identify disorders, review possible therapies, then prescribe and monitor drug treatment, accurately. Based on current evidence and real-life patient scenarios, this is the perfect pharmacology learning guide and on-the-spot clinical resource. Absorb the key principles and practical methods for accurate prescribing and monitoring, with . . .
- NEW chapter on Parkinson’s disease, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis
- NEWand updated therapies, and updated and additional case studies, with sample questions
- NEW content on the impacts of the Affordable Care Act
- Updated chapters on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and pharmacogenomics
- Updated evidence-basedalgorithms and drugtables – Listing uses, mechanisms, adverse effects, drug interactions, contraindications, and monitoring parameters, organized by drug class; quick access to generic and trade names and dosages
- Quick-scan format organizes information by body system
- Chapter features include:
- Brief overview – Pathophysiology of each disorder, and relevant classes of drugs
- Monitoring Patient Response section – What to monitor, and when
- Patient Education section – Includes information on CAM for each disorder
- Drug Overview tables – Usual dose, contraindications and side effects, and special considerations
- Algorithms – Visual cues on how to approach treatment
- Updated Recommended Order of Treatment tables – First-, second- and third-line drug therapies for each disorder
- Answers to Case Study Questions for each disorder – Strengthens critical thinking skills
- Selecting the Most Appropriate Agentsection – The thought process for choosing an initial drug therapy
- Principles of Therapeuticsunit – Avoiding medication errors; pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics; impact of drug interactions and adverse events; principles of pharmacotherapy for pediatrics, pregnancy/lactation, and geriatrics
- Disorders units – Pharmacotherapy for disorders in various body systems
- Pharmacotherapy in Health Promotion unit – Smoking cessation, immunizations, weight management
- Women’s Health unit – Including contraception, menopause, and osteoporosis
- Integrative Approach to Patient Care unit – Issues to consider when presented with more than one diagnosis
- Standard pharmacotherapeutics text for nurse practitioners, students, and physician assistants
- Ancillaries – Case Study answers, multiple choice questions and answers for every chapter, PowerPoints, Acronyms List
|The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus
Lowest new price: $4.00
Lowest used price: $0.10
List price: $8.99
Author: Richard Preston
The bestselling landmark account of the first emergence of the Ebola virus. A highly infectious, deadly virus from the central African rain forest suddenly appears in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. There is no cure. In a few days 90 percent of its victims are dead. A secret military SWAT team of soldiers and scientists is mobilized to stop the outbreak of this exotic "hot" virus. The Hot Zone tells this dramatic story, giving a hair-raising account of the appearance of rare and lethal viruses and their "crashes" into the human race. Shocking, frightening, and impossible to ignore, The Hot Zone proves that truth really is scarier than fiction.
The dramatic and chilling story of an Ebola virus outbreak in a surburban Washington, D.C. laboratory, with descriptions of frightening historical epidemics of rare and lethal viruses. More hair-raising than anything Hollywood could think of, because it's all true.
|Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
Lowest new price: $153.00
Lowest used price: $140.24
List price: $212.00
Author: Dennis L. Kasper
The landmark guide to internal medicine―
updated and streamlined for today’s students and clinicians
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
All eChapters in the Nineteenth Edition are accessible online as well as on the DVD packaged within the print volumes, so you have the flexibility of using the method of access most convenient to you.
Through six decades, no resource has matched the authority, esteemed scholarship, and scientific rigor of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. Capturing the countless advances and developments across the full span of medicine, the new 19th edition of Harrison’s provides a complete update of essential content related to disease pathogenesis, clinical trials, current diagnostic methods and imaging approaches, evidence-based practice guidelines, and established and newly approved treatment methods.
Here are just a few of the outstanding features of the new Nineteenth Edition:
- Presented in two volumes: Volume 1 is devoted to foundational principles, cardinal manifestations of disease and approach to differential diagnosis; Volume 2 covers disease pathogenesis and treatment
- NEW chapters on important topics such as Men’s Health, The Impact of Global Warming on Infectious Diseases, Fatigue, and many more
- Critical updates in management and therapeutics in Hepatitis, Coronary Artery Disease, Ebola Virus Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism, Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Lipoprotein Disorders, HIV and AIDS, and more.
- Increased number of the popular Harrison’s clinical algorithms; clinically relevant radiographic examples spanning hundreds of diseases; clinical-pathological images in full color; crystal clear, full color drawings and illustrations and helpful tables and summary lists that make clinical application of the content faster than ever
- Access to outstanding multi-media resources including practical videos demonstrating essential bedside procedures, physical examination techniques, endoscopic findings, cardiovascular findings, and more
Supporting the renowned coverage are supplemental resources that reflect and assist modern medical practice: more than 1,000 full-color photographs to aid visual recognition skills, hundreds of state-of-the-art radiographs, from plain film to 3D CT to PET Scans; beautiful illustrations that bring applied anatomy and processes to life; the renowned Harrison’s patient-care algorithms, essential summary tables, and practical demonstrative videos. In addition, the book’s several digital atlases highlight noninvasive imaging, percutaneous revascularization, gastrointestinal endoscopy, diagnosis and management of vasculitis, and numerous other issues commonly encountered in clinical practice.
Acclaim for Harrison’s:
“Covering nearly every possible topic in the field of medicine, the book begins with a phenomenal overview of clinical medicine, discussing important topics such as global medicine, decision-making in clinical practice, the concepts of disease screening and prevention, as well as the importance of medical disorders in specific groups (e.g. women, surgical patients, end of life). The extensive chapters that follow focus on a symptom-based presentation of disease and then illness organized by organ system. Numerous tables, graphs, and figures add further clarity to the text. The accompanying DVD includes extensive video and image collections of pathology, histology, procedures, additional lectures, and radiology…
…Written by experts in the field, this book is updated with the latest advances in pathophysiology and treatment. It is organized in a way that makes reading from beginning to end a logical journey, yet each chapter can stand alone as a quick reference on a particular topic. “
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
|Diabetic Cookbook and Meal Plan for the Newly Diagnosed: A 4-Week Introductory Guide to Manage Type 2 Diabetes
Lowest new price: $12.86
Lowest used price: $12.63
List price: $17.99
Author: Lori Zanini RD CDE
The Diabetes Cookbook and Meal Plan for the Newly Diagnosed delivers the quickest meal plan to manage your type 2 diabetes and take control of your diet.
A type 2 diabetes diagnosis means that it’s time to make some changes, starting with your diet. With clearly defined meal plans and simple recipes, The Diabetes Cookbook and Meal Plan for the Newly Diagnosed helps you manage type 2 diabetes and improve your health in as early as 4-weeks.
Specifically designed for those who have been newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, this diabetic cookbook lays out an easy-to-follow meal plan to prevent side effects and maintain normal blood sugar levels. Complete with the most up-to-date information on type 2 diabetes and over 100 delicious recipes, The Diabetes Cookbook and Meal Plan for the Newly Diagnosed offers all of the guidance and support you need to thrive with diabetes.
Long-term management of type 2 diabetes starts in the kitchen. This diabetic cookbook includes:
- A 4-week meal plan that is easily customized according to your weight loss goals and caloric needs
- Current information on type 2 diabetes including how it develops, what to expect, and nutritional basics
- Over 100 delicious recipes for every meal with quick reference recipe labels such as Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Nut-free, No-Cook, 5-Ingredient, and 30-Minutes-or-Less
With The Diabetes Cookbook and Meal Plan for the Newly Diagnosed, you’ll gain control of your diet in 4-weeks and build healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime.
|The Low-FODMAP Diet Step by Step: A Personalized Plan to Relieve the Symptoms of IBS and Other Digestive Disorders--with More Than 130 Deliciously Satisfying Recipes
Lowest new price: $15.53
Lowest used price: $13.93
List price: $23.99
Author: Kate Scarlata
A cookbook dedicated to easy, delicious, everyday recipes for the many sufferers of IBS and other digestive disorders, by a New York Times bestselling author and former Bon App?tit contributing editor
Do you suffer from IBS or a chronically sensitive stomach? The culprit may be your diet: many everyday foods contain FODMAPs--a group of carbohydrates that can wreak havoc on your digestive system. Digestive health specialist Kate Scarlata and expert recipe developer D?d? Wilson share their clear, accessible, three-step low-FODMAP diet. Backed by the most up-to-date, sound medical advice, The Low-FODMAP Diet Step by Step walks you through:
- Identifying FODMAPs and what foods contain them
- Customizing your own gut-friendly plan to alleviate painful symptoms
- Using an elimination diet to help determine your food triggers
- Stocking your low-FODMAP pantry, with food lists and more
- Easy, delicious recipes for every meal, with specific food reintegration tips
|Keto for Cancer: Ketogenic Metabolic Therapy as a Targeted Nutritional Strategy
Lowest new price: $19.65
Lowest used price: $17.60
List price: $29.95
Author: Miriam Kalamian EdM MS CNS
A Comprehensive Guide for Patients and Practitioners
Although evidence supporting the benefits of ketogenic diet therapies continues to mount, there is little to guide those who wish to adopt this diet as a metabolic therapy for cancer. Keto for Cancer fills this need. Inspired by the work of Dr. Thomas N. Seyfried, PhD, nutritionist Miriam Kalamian has written the first book to lay out comprehensive guidelines that specifically address the many challenges associated with cancer, and particularly the deep nutritional overhaul involved with the ketogenic diet.
Kalamian, a leading voice in the keto movement, is driven by passion from her own experience in using the ketogenic diet for her young son. Her book addresses the nuts and bolts of adopting the diet, from deciding whether keto is the right choice to developing a personal plan for smoothly navigating the keto lifestyle. It is invaluable for both beginners and seasoned users of the ketogenic diet, as well as for health-care professionals who need a toolkit to implement this targeted metabolic therapy.
The book guides readers to a deeper understanding of the therapeutic potential of the ketogenic diet―which extends well beyond simply starving cancer―emphasizing the powerful impact the diet has on the metabolism of cancer cells. Nutritional nuances are explored in sections such as “Fasting Protocols” and “Know What’s in the Foods You Eat” while meal templates and tracking tools are provided in “Preparing Keto Meals.”
Kalamian also discusses important issues such as self-advocacy. Readers of Keto for Cancer are empowered to “get off the bench and get in the game.” To that end, Kalamian offers tips on how to critically examine cancer-care options then incorporate what resonates into a truly personalized treatment plan.
|The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Beginners: A No-Stress Meal Plan with Easy Recipes to Heal the Immune System
Lowest new price: $12.76
Lowest used price: $9.50
List price: $18.99
Author: Dorothy Calimeris
Chronic inflammation does not have to drag you down, sap your energy, or contribute to poor health any longer. Learn how to reverse chronic inflammation through simple dietary changes with The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Beginners.
If you suffer from chronic inflammation, you’re already familiar with symptoms such as pain and fatigue, as well as co-existing conditions including autoimmune disorders and gut health problems. By following an anti-inflammatory diet you can reverse the frustrating and often debilitating effects of inflammation―but knowing where to start can be difficult.
As co-author of the bestselling cookbook The Anti-Inflammatory Diet and Action Plans and someone who follows an anti-inflammatory diet, Dorothy Calimeris knows firsthand what it takes to get started and stick with it. In The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Beginners, Dorothy delivers her personal expertise and recipes, alongside registered dietitian nutritionist Lulu Cook who breaks down the anti-inflammatory diet into easy-to-follow steps and provides a broad variety of enjoyable meals.
Relatable and straightforward, this cookbook offers simple, affordable, delicious recipes and meal plans. With The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Beginners you’ll enjoy:
- 75 simple, affordable recipes that use limited ingredients for delicious meals that are healthful and satisfying
- An integrated 2-week meal plan offering budget-friendly shopping lists and easy prep guides for a variety of flavorful recipes
- Handy food lists that help you identify inflammation-causing ingredients and inflammation-fighting superfoods―and know what to shop for
- A 7-day list of activities to prepare you for your new lifestyle and get you ready, set, and going in no time
The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Beginners will help you to begin healing your chronic inflammation sooner than you think with everything you need for making this healthy change.
|Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual (Incredibly Easy! Series)
Lowest new price: $30.37
Lowest used price: $25.09
List price: $50.99
Author: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Perform pressure monitoring safely, accurately, and confidently with the freshly updated Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual! Hundreds of drawings, flow charts, photos, and diagrams offer essential background on cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology, nursing principles, and current hemodynamic monitoring technology, in the popular and colorful Made Incredibly Visual style. This easy-to-follow, easy-to-remember content will help you prepare for the NCLEX or certification exam, get clear on concepts discussed in class, and simply upgrade your pressure monitoring skills.
The updated 3rd edition of Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual! includes brand new and updated content covering . . .
o Current nursing practice guidelines for hemodynamic monitoring
o Complete and current directions for procedures such as: changing a CV dressing; CV and PA catheter insertion; arterial line insertion; handling a displaced arterial line; and troubleshooting pressure monitoring systems
o Directions and images that explain the latest pressure monitoring technology, and current circulatory and ventricular assist devices
You'll also get colorful, real-life guidance on vital topics and step-by-step monitoring guidelines including:
o Anatomy and functions of the cardiac and pulmonary systems
o Pressure monitoring systems - square wave testing; leveling and zeroing the transducer o Arterial pressure monitoring
o Central venous pressure monitoring
o Pulmonary artery pressure monitoring
o Cardiac output monitoring
o Tissue oxygenation and monitoring
o Minimally invasive hemodynamic monitoring
Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual's easy-to-read format will help you learn how to deliver safe and accurate monitoring with:
• Special features help you retain vital information:
• Q & A - Illustrated riddles, diagrams, and questions at end of each chapter help you retain vital information
• On the Level - Defines normal and abnormal pressure readings for different patient conditions
• Ride the Wave - Explains the actions of waveforms, including how to recognize abnormal waveforms
|Goldman-Cecil Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 25e (Cecil Textbook of Medicine)
Lowest new price: $130.96
Lowest used price: $131.34
List price: $199.99
Author: Lee Goldman MD
Since 1927, Goldman-Cecil Medicine has been the world’s most influential internal medicine resource. In the ground-breaking 25th edition, your original purchase ensures you will be up-to-date without the need for a subscription. Through the new, more powerful Expert Consult eBook platform, this "living text" provides continuous updates that will integrate the latest research, guidelines, and treatments into each chapter, ensuring that the content is as current as the day this edition was first published.
Goldman-Cecil Medicine offers definitive, unbiased guidance on the evaluation and management of every medical condition, presented by a veritable "Who's Who" of modern medicine. A practical, straightforward style; templated organization; evidence-based references; and robust interactive content combine to make this dynamic resource quite simply the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, state-of-the-art clinical answers you need.
"The content is superb, authoritative and not surprisingly very up to date." Reviewed by: Dr Harry Brown, on behalf of Glycosmedia Date: July 2015
- Expert Consult eBook version included with print purchase:
- Access continuous updates from Editor Lee Goldman, MD, who thoroughly reviews internal medicine and specialty journals, updating online content to reflect the latest guidelines and translating that evidence into treatment.
- Interactive Q&A section features over 1,500 board-style questions and answers to aid in preparing for certification or recertification exams.
- Outstanding supplementary tools include figures, tables, videos, heart and lung sounds, treatment and management algorithms, fully integrated references, and thousands of illustrations and full-color photos.
- Search all of the text, figures, supplementary material, and references from the book on a variety of devices and at no additional cost ― Expert Consult access is included with this title!
- Practical, bulleted, highly templated text with easy-to-use features including flow charts and treatment boxes.
- New chapters on global health, cancer biology and genetics, and the human microbiome in health and disease keep you on the cutting edge of medicine.
- Today's most current evidence-based medicine guidelines help you form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible.
- Focused coverage of the latest developments in biology includes the specifics of current diagnosis, therapy, and medication doses.
Goldman-Cecil Medicine is an ideal learning tool for residents, physicians, and students as well as a valuable go-to resource for experienced healthcare professionals.
- The reference of choice for every stage of your career!
Cecil - the best internal medicine resource available since 1927 - far exceeds the competition in versatility, ease-of-use and up-to-datedness.
Page 5 of 5323
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.