|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing-, 5e
Lowest new price: $70.98
Lowest used price: $67.54
List price: $95.95
There’s no other OCN® Exam review resource like it! The Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, 5th Edition is the only review book for the OCN Examination developed in collaboration with Oncology Nursing Society (ONS). Based on the latest test blueprint for the OCN Exam, this book covers the entire scope of practice for oncology nursing ― in an outline format that emphasizes important information and streamlines your review. Edited by Joanne Itano, a certified oncology nurse, The Core Curriculum is recognized as the definitive review tool for the OCN exam. Whether you’re preparing for your initial OCN certification or getting recertified, you cannot do without this resource!
- Definitive preparation guide for the OCN® Examination is developed in collaboration with, and endorsed by, the Oncology Nursing Society, the parent organization of the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), which administers the OCN Examination.
- Coverage of the entire scope of oncology care includes quality of life, protective mechanisms, gastrointestinal and urinary function, cardiopulmonary function, oncologic emergencies, the scientific basis for practice, health promotion, and professional performance.
- Nearly 60 colorful illustrations and more than 150 summary tables explain complex concepts in oncology nursing, including up-to-date cancer staging information.
- Coverage of pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic interventions includes both traditional and alternative therapies.
- Outline format provides a quick-reference review that begins with theory and continues through the steps of the nursing process.
NEW! Revised and updated content reflects the latest OCN® Examination test blueprint.
- NEW! Updates on cancer treatment and related nursing care include the most current and accurate information, preparing you for exams and for clinical practice.
- NEW! Emphasis on QSEN competencies is designed to reduce errors in oncology nursing practice with a focus on safety and evidence-based practice, including a Safety Alert icon and a High-Alert Medications icon for cancer chemotherapy drugs.
- NEW! Coverage of application of the nursing process is streamlined to emphasize collaborative problems, goal setting, interventions, and evaluation.
|The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus
Lowest new price: $4.99
Lowest used price: $0.10
List price: $8.99
Author: Richard Preston
The bestselling landmark account of the first emergence of the Ebola virus. A highly infectious, deadly virus from the central African rain forest suddenly appears in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. There is no cure. In a few days 90 percent of its victims are dead. A secret military SWAT team of soldiers and scientists is mobilized to stop the outbreak of this exotic "hot" virus. The Hot Zone tells this dramatic story, giving a hair-raising account of the appearance of rare and lethal viruses and their "crashes" into the human race. Shocking, frightening, and impossible to ignore, The Hot Zone proves that truth really is scarier than fiction.
The dramatic and chilling story of an Ebola virus outbreak in a surburban Washington, D.C. laboratory, with descriptions of frightening historical epidemics of rare and lethal viruses. More hair-raising than anything Hollywood could think of, because it's all true.
|The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook
Lowest new price: $9.98
Lowest used price: $4.99
List price: $19.95
Author: Robyn Webb
Brand: Webb, Robyn
While fancy and sophisticated foods continue to grow in popularity, ask most people what their favorite foods are and the answer will invariably be classic comfort foods: lasagna, meat loaf, mac and cheese, and cake. Unfortunately, most people think that having diabetes means the days of enjoying these hearty classics are long gone, and that their favorite foods are a thing of the past. Author Robyn Webb shows that healthy eating doesn't have to mean giving up on favorite foods! Diabetes can be overwhelming, but it doesn't mean reinventing the wheel when it comes to cooking. Just a tweak here and there and familiar foods can remain favorites, guilt-free, and enjoyed every day.
The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook creates a go-to” collection of updated comfort foods for families that need to cook nutritionally sound and diabetic-friendly meals that will satisfy and soothe the souls of the member (or members) of the family with diabetesand do the same for the rest of the family. No need to cook two meals to please everyone in the household. Now everyone can enjoy the same hearty and nutritious meals. This book will ease the stress of planning meals by offering easy and flavorful recipes and a menu planning guide that allows for mix and match meals that will keep everyone in the family happy, healthy, and satisfied.
Filled with gorgeous original photography and a beautiful four-color design, this cookbook will look as good as it's meals. Sprinkled with helpful tips and time-saving advice, The American Diabetes Association Comfort Food Cookbook will not only make classic comfort foods healthier and diabetes friendly, it will make them a snap to prepare as well.
Following a diabetic meal plan doesn't have to be a flavorless chore. Now everyone can enjoy the classic foods they know and love!
- American Diabetes Association
|Study Guide for the Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, 5e
Lowest new price: $44.70
Lowest used price: $44.65
List price: $62.95
Get the most out of your OCN® Exam review with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in The Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, 5th Edition, this definitive study guide endorsed by the Oncology Nursing Society covers the entire scope of practice for oncology nursing. It is based on the latest test blueprint for the OCN Exam, with more than 1,200 practice questions addressing all oncology topics, including the newest advances in cancer treatment and related nursing care. Prepare to succeed on your OCN Exam with this ONS-endorsed study resource!
- The definitive study guide for the OCN® Examination is developed in collaboration with, and endorsed by, the Oncology Nursing Society, the parent organization of the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), which administers the OCN Examination.
- Coverage of the entire scope of oncology nursing care includes quality of life, protective mechanisms, gastrointestinal and urinary function, cardiopulmonary function, oncologic emergencies, the scientific basis for practice, health promotion, and professional performance.
- An answer key includes rationales for correct and incorrect responses.
NEW! Revised and updated content reflects the latest OCN® Examination test blueprint and The Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, 5th Edition.
- NEW emphasis on application-level questions helps you apply your knowledge more effectively.
- NEW! Updates on cancer treatment and related nursing care include the most current and accurate information, preparing you for the OCN Exam and for expert clinical practice.
- NEW! Emphasis on QSEN competencies is designed to reduce errors in oncology nursing practice with a focus on safety and evidence-based practice, including a Safety Alert icon and a High-Alert Medication icon for cancer chemotherapy drugs.
|The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now!
Lowest new price: $5.77
Lowest used price: $1.90
List price: $17.00
Author: Mark Hyman M.D.
Brand: Little Brown and Company
The #1 bestseller that offers "a ground breaking, science-based, easy-to-follow prescription. Start your journey to healing now!" - Mehmet Oz, MD
Dr. Mark Hyman reveals that the secret to losing weight and preventing not just diabetes but also heart disease, stroke, dementia, and cancer is balanced insulin levels. Dr. Hyman describes the seven keys to achieving wellness-nutrition, hormones, inflammation, digestion, detoxification, energy metabolism, and a calm mind-and explains his revolutionary six-week healthy-living program. With advice on diet, green living, supplements and medication, exercise, and personalizing the plan for optimal results, this book also teaches readers how to maintain lifelong health. Groundbreaking and timely, THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION is the fastest way to lose weight, prevent disease, and feel better than ever.
|Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual (Incredibly Easy! Series®)
Lowest new price: $19.04
Lowest used price: $16.50
List price: $50.99
Author: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Perform pressure monitoring safely, accurately, and confidently with the freshly updated Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual! Hundreds of drawings, flow charts, photos, and diagrams offer essential background on cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology, nursing principles, and current hemodynamic monitoring technology, in the popular and colorful Made Incredibly Visual style. This easy-to-follow, easy-to-remember content will help you prepare for the NCLEX or certification exam, get clear on concepts discussed in class, and simply upgrade your pressure monitoring skills.
The updated 3rd edition of Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual! includes brand new and updated content covering . . .
o Current nursing practice guidelines for hemodynamic monitoring
o Complete and current directions for procedures such as: changing a CV dressing; CV and PA catheter insertion; arterial line insertion; handling a displaced arterial line; and troubleshooting pressure monitoring systems
o Directions and images that explain the latest pressure monitoring technology, and current circulatory and ventricular assist devices
You'll also get colorful, real-life guidance on vital topics and step-by-step monitoring guidelines including:
o Anatomy and functions of the cardiac and pulmonary systems
o Pressure monitoring systems - square wave testing; leveling and zeroing the transducer o Arterial pressure monitoring
o Central venous pressure monitoring
o Pulmonary artery pressure monitoring
o Cardiac output monitoring
o Tissue oxygenation and monitoring
o Minimally invasive hemodynamic monitoring
Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual's easy-to-read format will help you learn how to deliver safe and accurate monitoring with:
• Special features help you retain vital information:
• Q & A - Illustrated riddles, diagrams, and questions at end of each chapter help you retain vital information
• On the Level - Defines normal and abnormal pressure readings for different patient conditions
• Ride the Wave - Explains the actions of waveforms, including how to recognize abnormal waveforms
|Focus on Nursing Pharmacology
Lowest new price: $80.29
Lowest used price: $75.10
List price: $107.99
Author: Amy M. Karch RN MS
Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Help your students develop the knowledge they need to deliver safe, effective drug therapy.
This proven resource reviews and integrates students’ baseline knowledge of physiology, pathophysiology, chemistry, and nursing fundamentals into chapters focused on “need to know” concepts about each group of drugs. Reflecting the most recent advances in the field, this concise and beautifully illustrated book organizes essential nursing pharmacology information into easy-to-learn steps. KEY FEATURES:
Focus on Nursing Pharmacology, Seventh Edition,
- A new Nursing Processes feature highlights the how-tos of planning patient-centered care.
- Coverage of 52 new drugs and 11 new drug classes brings the book completely up-to-date.
- Expanded Critical Thinking Scenarios present real-life scenarios that help students understand how assessment and the data collected are applied in clinical situations.
- Nursing Considerations sections highlight the rationale for each nursing intervention to help students apply the information in practice.
- Drugs in Focus tables clearly summarize and identify the drugs within a class, highlighting generic and trade names, usual dosage, and indications.
- Focus on Safe Medication Administration boxes present vital information to help keep patients safe, prevent medication errors, and increase the therapeutic effectiveness of the drugs.
- Focus on Calculations reviews help students hone calculation and measurement skills while learning about the drugs for which doses might need to be calculated.
- Focus on Drug Therapy Across the Lifespan boxes concisely summarize points to consider when using the drugs of each class with children, adults, and the elderly.
- Check Your Understanding sections present NCLEX-style questions, including alternate format questions, to help students prepare for the exam, as well as other questions and activities that reinforce concepts and aid in retention.
is also incorporated into Lippincott CoursePoint+
, a dynamic learning solution that integrates this book’s curriculum, adaptive learning tools, virtual simulations, real-time data reporting, and the latest evidence-based practice content together into one powerful student learning solution. Lippincott CoursePoint+
improves the nursing students’ critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills to prepare them for practice. Learn more at www.NursingEducationSuccess.com/CoursePoint.
|Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System, 5e
Lowest new price: $53.55
Lowest used price: $40.99
List price: $69.99
Author: Abul K. Abbas MBBS
Brand: Abul K Abbas Andrew H H Lichtman Shiv Pillai
In this updated edition of Basic Immunology, the authors continue to deliver a clear, modern introduction to immunology, making this the obvious choice for today's busy students. Their experience as teachers, course directors, and lecturers helps them to distill the core information required to understand this complex field. Through the use of high-quality illustrations, relevant clinical cases, and concise, focused text, it's a perfectly accessible introduction to the workings of the human immune system, with an emphasis on clinical relevance.
- Concise, clinically focused content is logically organized by mechanism for efficient mastery of the material.
- Features an appendix of clinical cases and CD molecules.
- Includes numerous full-color illustrations, useful tables, and chapter outlines.
- Focus questions within each chapter are ideal for self-assessment and review.
- Key points bolded throughout the text make it easy to locate important information.
- Presents information in a format and style that maximizes usefulness to students and teachers studying medicine, allied health fields, and biology.
- Fully updated content equips you with the latest relevant advances in immunology.
- Revised and updated artwork enhances your visual learning of important principles and reduces the excessive factual details found in larger textbooks.
- Twelve brand-new animations available on Student Consult help further explain complex concepts.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience gives you access to the text, figures, images, glossary of immunology terms, self-assessment questions, and references on a variety of devices.
- Basic Immunology Functions and Disorders of the Immune System
|Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, Tenth Edition
Lowest new price: $142.00
Lowest used price: $128.84
List price: $229.00
Author: Joseph T. DiPiro
The most comprehensive text available on the use of evidence-based medication therapies for optimal patient outcomes – updated with the latest breakthroughs and guidelines
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Look at all that is NEW to this edition:
• New focus on Personalized Medicine includes specific recommendations on the personalization of treatment and guidelines for integration of pharmacogenomic testing and implementation in practice
• New chapter on Travel Health
• Extensively revised chapter on pulmonary arterial hypertension reflect the latest drugs and guidelines
• Monthly updates on AccessPharmacy, keeps the content fresh and current
• More than 20 online-only chapters, in addition to print
• New interior design, keeps information flowing and makes chapters concise and to the point
• Companion Handbook is ranked #1 in Chemotherapy on Amazon, and includes clearly-stated goals of therapy; the new Tenth Edition Casebook, includes 150 + revised and updated cases
Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach is written to help you advance the quality of patient care through evidence-based medication therapy derived from sound pharmacotherapeutic principles. The scope of this trusted classic goes beyond drug indications and dosages to include the initial selection, proper administration, and monitoring of drugs. You will find everything you need to provide safe, effective drug therapy across the full range of therapeutic categories.
Presented in full-color, the Tenth Edition is enriched by more than 300 expert contributors, and every chapter has been updated to reflect the latest in evidence-based information and recommendations. This sweeping updates include tables, charts, algorithms, and practice guidelines. This edition is also enhanced by a timely all-new chapter on Travel Health.
Here’s why this is the perfect learning tool for students, patient-focused pharmacists, and other health care providers:
• All chapters have been updated to provide the most current, reliable, and relevant information possible
• Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter
• Clinical Presentation Tables summarize disease signs and symptoms
• Clinical Controversies Boxes examine the complicated issues faced by students and clinicians in providing drug therapy
• Color coded diagnostic flow diagram, treatment algorithms, dosing recommendations, and monitoring approaches clearly distinguish treatment pathways
• Most disease-oriented chapters include updated evidence-based treatment guidelines that often include ratings of the level of evidence to support the key therapeutic approaches
Edition after trusted edition, Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach has been unmatched in its ability to clearly and impartially impart core pathophysiological and therapeutic elements that students and practitioners must be familiar with.
|The Fate of Rome: Climate, Disease, and the End of an Empire (The Princeton History of the Ancient World)
Lowest new price: $20.90
Lowest used price: $24.14
List price: $35.00
Author: Kyle Harper
A sweeping new history of how climate change and disease helped bring down the Roman Empire
Here is the monumental retelling of one of the most consequential chapters of human history: the fall of the Roman Empire. The Fate of Rome is the first book to examine the catastrophic role that climate change and infectious diseases played in the collapse of Rome’s power―a story of nature’s triumph over human ambition.
Interweaving a grand historical narrative with cutting-edge climate science and genetic discoveries, Kyle Harper traces how the fate of Rome was decided not just by emperors, soldiers, and barbarians but also by volcanic eruptions, solar cycles, climate instability, and devastating viruses and bacteria. He takes readers from Rome’s pinnacle in the second century, when the empire seemed an invincible superpower, to its unraveling by the seventh century, when Rome was politically fragmented and materially depleted. Harper describes how the Romans were resilient in the face of enormous environmental stress, until the besieged empire could no longer withstand the combined challenges of a “little ice age” and recurrent outbreaks of bubonic plague.
A poignant reflection on humanity’s intimate relationship with the environment, The Fate of Rome provides a sweeping account of how one of history’s greatest civilizations encountered and endured, yet ultimately succumbed to the cumulative burden of nature’s violence. The example of Rome is a timely reminder that climate change and germ evolution have shaped the world we inhabit―in ways that are surprising and profound.
Page 5 of 7813
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.