|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need
Lowest new price: $67.49
Lowest used price: $67.49
List price: $74.99
Author: Dr. Malcolm Thaler MD
Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Clear and concise, The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need
has provided quick and accurate discussions on using an EKG to diagnose cardiac and non-cardiac conditions for nearly 30 years. This ninth edition is packed with full-color illustrations, real-world clinical scenarios, and step-by-step instructions—giving you the practical guidance you need to use an EKG in actual clinical settings with patients.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Outlines processes for identifying and interpreting arrhythmias, myocardial infarctions, hypertrophy, atrial fibrillation, and other disorders.
- Features a lighthearted, lively writing style designed to be compelling and minimize confusion of principles discussed.
- New content added to reflect recent clinical and technological advancements.
- Depicts real-life clinical situations and provides important clinical context for EKG use.
- Advises on the dangers of over-reliance on computer interpretations and includes many other practical considerations that other books leave out.
- New EKG cases available in the companion eBook illustrate key concepts discussed throughout the book.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more.
|The 2019-2024 World Outlook for Psoriasis Medicines
Lowest new price: $995.00
List price: $995.00
Author: Icon Group International
This study covers the world outlook for psoriasis medicines across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), for the country in question (in millions of U.S. dollars), the percent share the country is of the region, and of the globe. These comparative benchmarks allow the reader to quickly gauge a country vis-à-vis others. Using econometric models which project fundamental economic dynamics within each country and across countries, latent demand estimates are created. This report does not discuss the specific players in the market serving the latent demand, nor specific details at the product level. The study also does not consider short-term cyclicalities that might affect realized sales. The study, therefore, is strategic in nature, taking an aggregate and long-run view, irrespective of the players or products involved. This study does not report actual sales data (which are simply unavailable, in a comparable or consistent manner in virtually all of the countries of the world). This study gives, however, my estimates for the worldwide latent demand, or the P.I.E., for psoriasis medicines. It also shows how the P.I.E. is divided across the world's regional and national markets. For each country, I also show my estimates of how the P.I.E. grows over time (positive or negative growth). In order to make these estimates, a multi-stage methodology was employed that is often taught in courses on international strategic planning at graduate schools of business.
|The APRN’s Complete Guide to Prescribing Drug Therapy 2018
Lowest new price: $32.35
Lowest used price: $68.31
List price: $49.95
Author: Mari J. Wirfs PhD MN APRN ANP-BC FNP-BC CNE
This is a concise, easy-to-read prescribing reference for advanced health care providers involved in the primary care management of patients with acute, episodic, and chronic health problems. Organized alphabetically by clinical diagnosis for quick access in all clinical settings, the guide encompasses CDC- and FDA-approved pharmacotherapy regimens for more than 500 clinical diagnoses along with clinically useful information in a convenient, quick-access format. Another outstanding feature is the inclusion of Comments throughout the guide highlighting such clinically important information as laboratory values to be monitored, precautions and contraindications, patient teaching points, pediatric usage and dosages, and safety information.
Each diagnosis includes appropriate drug choices listed alphabetically by generic name and trade name, FDA pregnancy category, drug availability in generic or over-the-counter forms, adult and pediatric dosing regimens, dosage forms, drug additives, and more. An alphabetical cross-reference index of drugs by generic and trade name, with FDA pregnancy category and controlled drug schedule, facilitates quick identification of drugs by alternate names and relative safety during pregnancy.
- Facilitates speedy drug information retrieval for primary care providers in all settings
- Organizes over 500 diagnoses alphabetically by alternate names for ease of use
- Highlights clinically important information such as lab values to monitor, patient education points, and safety information
- Includes an appendix of 30 tables for quick access to key drug classifications, FDA pregnancy categories, Schedule of Controlled Substances, Childhood and Adult Immunization Schedules, and more
- Provides generic/trade name cross references
- Includes a free e-book and quarterly electronic updates
|The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook: More than 175 Ultra-Tasty Recipes for Total Health and Weight Loss
Lowest new price: $9.75
Lowest used price: $3.12
List price: $29.99
Author: Mark Hyman M.D.
Brand: Little Brown and Company
In THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION COOKBOOK, Dr. Mark Hyman shares recipes that support the BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION lifestyle. In 1900, only two percent of meals in America were eaten outside the home; now it is over fifty percent. Dr. Hyman calls for readers to take back their health by taking back their kitchens. The major culprit of diabetes, obesity and heart disease is insulin imbalance. Following Dr. Hyman's scientifically based program for rebalancing insulin and blood sugar levels, this cookbook presents 175 delectable recipes that are free of allergens and harmful inflammatory ingredients. Readers will exchange toxic factory-made foods for nutritious and easy-to-make dishes such as Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce, Mexican Shrimp Ceviche, Tuscan Zucchini Soup, Raspberry Banana Cream Pie Smoothie, Chocolate Nut Cake, and more. THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION COOKBOOK will illuminate the inner nutritionist and chef in every reader.
|ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy (Incredibly Easy! Series®)
Lowest new price: $30.71
Lowest used price: $24.00
List price: $50.99
Author: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy!
® gives you the confidence you need to pass the ACLS certification exam as well as the knowledge and skills needed to perform advanced cardiac life support.
Packed with easy-to-remember definitions and step-by-step directions on the latest treatment algorithms, this enjoyable review text tackles required ACLS course and exam content. It is also the perfect on-the-spot clinical reference—for nurses, students, and all healthcare professionals.
Be expertly guided through the latest ACLS training and exam preparation with:
- NEW and updated content in quick-read, bulleted format, based on current American Heart Association guidelines
- NEW and updated cardiovascular pharmacology content
- NEW and updated interventions
- Explains ACLS course and exam components and requirements
- Proven study strategies, end-of-chapter quick quizzes, and an end-of-book practice test
- Explanations of complex concepts—easy-to-retain guidance on how to recognize and treat cardiac arrhythmias, including:
- Classifications of interventions, including basic life support skills, adult cardiac arrest algorithm, and defibrillation
- Step-by-step how-tos for current treatment algorithms
- Managing specific rhythms—hypovolemia, hypoxia, acidosis, hypothermia, cardiac tamponade, tension pneumothorax, pulmonary coronary thrombosis, and more
- Dozens of colorful diagrams and illustrations outline the core concepts and skills needed for ACLS certification, including:
- CPR – when and how to use it
- Devices and procedures skills – safe ventilation techniques, including endotracheal intubation and supraglottic devices, as well as defibrillators, pacemakers, and more
- Early management – managing the first 30 minutes of cardiac emergencies
- Emergency conditions – which cardiac rhythms may require ACLS treatment
- IV and invasive techniques – such as peripheral and central IV line insertion
- Pharmacology – knowing the action, indication, dosages, and precautions for the major drugs used during ACLS
- Special features that include:
- Just the facts – quick summary of each chapter’s content
o “Nurse Joy” and “Nurse Jake”
– expert insights on interventions and problem-solving
- Quick quiz – multiple-choice questions after each chapter to help you retain knowledge
o Now I get it!
– real-life patient scenarios illustrating correct ACLS interventions
o What to look for
– tips on identifying and interpreting arrhythmias. About the Clinical Editor
Kate Stout, RN, MSN, is a Critical Care Charge RN at Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada.
|The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy 2017
Lowest new price: $24.01
Lowest used price: $22.76
List price: $39.99
The 47th edition of the leading clinical reference on treatment of infectious diseases and anti-infective drug information. Helpful in day-to-day practice and as a component of your organization's antimicrobial stewardship program, the Sanford Guide provides valuable guidance in the age of antibiotic resistance. Popular with physicians, pharmacists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other clinicians, the Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy provides information that is convenient, concise, and reliable.
Available in print in pocket size, spiral bound and large library editions.
* Clinical syndromes
* Anti-infective agents
a. pediatric adjustments
b. renal adjustments
- adverse affects
* Preventative therapy
|2015 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care (Ecc) for Healthcare Providers
Lowest new price: $32.00
Lowest used price: $33.97
List price: $45.75
The 2015 edition of the Handbook of ECC incorporates the latest science and treatment recommendations from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This pocket-sized reference tool, highly-popular among healthcare professionals, provides convenient, quick access to the latest resuscitation science and treatment information. The handbook is organized by basic, advanced adult and pediatric life support, and newborn resuscitation. It provides algorithms, protocols, sequences, drug dosages, and much more. The Handbook of ECC is often included on hospital crash carts and accessed frequently in the field by EMS and other first responders. • Pocket-sized, 6.25" x 4" book • Spiral-bound for easy access to critical information • Includes 216 pages of full-color algorithms and text • Contained within a full-color soft cover • Includes subject tabs that providers can adhere to sections for even easier access to content
|Unlocking Lyme: Myths, Truths, and Practical Solutions for Chronic Lyme Disease
Lowest new price: $13.26
Lowest used price: $12.91
List price: $16.95
Author: William Rawls MD
"Dr. Bill Rawls understands Lyme disease sufferers seeking clarity and relief because, like myself, he has experienced the pain and frustration firsthand. Through this ground-breaking book, he shares everything he has discovered on his journey to reclaiming his health... it may just be the answer you've been waiting for."
– Neil Spector, MD
Author of Gone in a Heartbeat
Lyme disease is one of the most puzzling illnesses on the planet. Anyone who has suffered from its debilitating symptoms knows the frustrations of trying to find a cure.
Many sufferers drag themselves from one doctor or alternative practitioner to the next, getting lost in a maze of lab tests, prescription drugs, and treatments. Thousands of dollars and months (or years) later, they realize they are no better off than where they started.
Unlocking Lyme puts an end to this desperate quest. Written by Dr. Bill Rawls, a physician who overcame Lyme disease himself, this book is a comprehensive, practical resource full of solutions that work.
What took Dr. Rawls 10 years to learn through intense research and personal experience, you can now learn and implement in a matter of months.
DR. RAWLS’ STORY
Dr. Rawls was in the middle of a successful OB/GYN career when Lyme disease interrupted his life. In his struggle to overcome it, he explored every treatment option – from conventional medicine to the full range of alternative therapies. Ultimately, he embraced modern herbal therapy as his preferred solution, but he recognizes that the path may be different for each person.
INSIDE THE BOOK
Unlocking Lyme is the sum of Dr. Rawls’ experience, research, and practical solutions to date. The book is divided into four parts, each part addressing a critical aspect of recovery:
- PART 1 - Provides an overview of common misconceptions about what Lyme disease is (hint: it’s more than just a tick bite and Borrelia infection)
- PART 2 - Provides information on how to obtain a diagnosis, despite current limitations in diagnostic testing for Lyme
- PART 3 - Discusses limitations of long-term antibiotic use, and offers an overview of holistic and non-toxic therapies for healing and symptom control (including pain, depression, insomnia)
- PART 4 - Explains how to embrace a healthier lifestyle so you can stay well; learn how to strengthen your immune system, microbiome, and balance in your body
In the years since his recovery, Dr. Rawls has helped thousands of patients find their path to healing from Lyme disease. Unlocking Lyme brings together Dr. Rawls’ accumulated knowledge and is the key you need to get your life back.
“Dr. Rawls understands the misery of chronic Lyme disease firsthand. Unlocking Lyme shares the approaches that he used to successfully recover his own health, and helps the reader understand that there is so much that can be done to regain a state of wellness and optimal health.”
– Scott Forsgren
Editor & Founder, BetterHealthGuy.com
“Dr. Rawls has spoken on his approach to Lyme disease for the past several years; his comprehensive approach and lifestyle guidance has helped many of our members. We heartily endorse his approach to helping deal with the symptoms of Lyme and other tick-borne illnesses.”
– John Dorney, President
NC Lyme Disease Foundation
"Unlocking Lyme delves into the science behind Lyme disease, explaining what it is, but more importantly how it can be overcome. Dr. Rawls carefully explains the various treatments for Lyme, leaving the reader feeling informed and empowered."
– Julie Ryan
E-Health Advocate, CountingMySpoons.com
|Clinical Echocardiography Review
Lowest new price: $102.99
Lowest used price: $80.00
List price: $172.99
Author: Allan L. Klein MD FRCP(C) FACC FAHA
|Gray's Anatomy for Students: With Student Consult Online Access, 3e
Lowest new price: $59.95
Lowest used price: $42.70
List price: $93.99
Author: Richard Drake PhD FAAA
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Basic and Clinical Sciences Category! Anatomy texts just don’t get any better than Gray's Anatomy for Students! Now in its 3rd edition, this completely revised medical textbook continues its focus on just the core information you need for your anatomy courses, presenting everything in an easy-to-read, visually appealing format that facilitates study.
- Obtain reliable, accessible coverage of everything you will learn in your contemporary anatomy classes with expert knowledge from a team of authors who share a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience.
- Easily locate and remember specific structures. More than 1,000 innovative, original illustrations by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson capture anatomical features with unrivalled clarity.
- Understand the practical applications of anatomical concepts through unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies.
- Expedite the review of basic concepts from each chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Stay current and engaged in your anatomy courses with many new "In the Clinic" boxes, which offer access to in-depth clinical discussions related to specific diseases or procedures.
- Source your review material quickly and easily thanks to a list of additional relevant study aids at the beginning of each chapter.
- Improve your comprehension of cranial nerves with help from a brand-new visual map summarizing cranial nerve distribution and function.
- Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, where you can also take advantage of an online anatomy and embryology self-study course, medical clinical cases, physical therapy clinical cases, self-assessment questions, and more.
- Further enhance your learning by pairing this textbook with its companion review products, Gray's Anatomy for Students Flashcards, 3rd Edition (ISBN: 978-1-4557-1078-2) and Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy 2nd Edition (ISBN 978-1-4557-4802-0)!
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
Page 5 of 2743
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.