|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Healthy Digestion the Natural Way: Preventing and Healing Heartburn, Constipation, Gas, Diarrhea, Inflammatory Bowel and Gallbladder Diseases, Ulcers, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and More
Lowest new price: $34.78
Lowest used price: $1.99
List price: $17.95
Author: D. Lindsey Berkson
A complete guide to healing your digestive problems, once and for all--safely, inexpensively, naturally Good digestion is fundamental to good health, and even such common problems as chronic heartburn and gas can have harmful effects on virtually every cell in your body. Quick fixes such as over-the-counter and prescription medications don't address the real causes of the problems: they only mask symptoms. Nature, on the other hand, offers a variety of gentle, readily available remedies that not only treat underlying digestive problems but also help to promote overall well-being. Learn about natural solutions and how to put them to work for you in Healthy Digestion the Natural Way. Dr. D. Lindsey Berkson clearly and simply explains the normal digestive processes and what can happen to interfere with them. Then, drawing upon her decades of research and clinical experience successfully treating thousands of sufferers of digestive problems--many of whom had exhausted all the standard medical solutions--she provides:
* Easy-to-follow programs for correcting digestive problems without drugs
* Specific treatments for gas, heartburn, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers, gallbladder disease, food allergies, and more
* Natural remedies, including diet, exercise, mind-body and breathing techniques, and reflexology
* Guidelines on how to design a naturally healthy diet tailored to your unique physical makeup, problems, and tastes
|Travelers' Diarrhea 2/E
Lowest new price: $13.27
Lowest used price: $8.26
List price: $49.95
Author: Charles Ericsson
In Travelers Diarrhea, 2e, a team of medical experts brings you up-to-date on the pathogenesis and state-of-the-art management of travelers diarrhea. Selected for their expertise in infectious diseases, the contributors also relate a thorough history of travelers diarrhea, a basic understanding of the discipline, and a look at the future. Substantial understanding of the risks of acquiring travelers diarrhea exists and we continue to learn about differences in host susceptibility. pdated information on the growing area of travelers diarrhea is included.
|The Economics of Housing (International Library of Critical Writings in Economics)
Lowest new price: $529.00
Lowest used price: $477.99
List price: $635.00
Contains 61 articles originally published in books and journals during the period 1956-96. Sections cover housing and urban spatial structure; housing supply and filtering; housing demand; measurement and interpretation of housing prices; hedonic markets and housing choice; tenure choice and homeownership; regulation in the housing and land markets; housing subsidy policy; housing market discrimination; local taxes, amenities, and property values; and risk, mortgage, and financial markets. No index. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.
|Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Pathophysiology II: GI, Neurology, Rheumatology, Endocrinology (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
Lowest new price: $28.00
Lowest used price: $11.97
List price: $32.99
Author: Todd A. Swanson M.D. Ph. D
Brand: Brand: LWW
Completely revised by new authors, this Fifth Edition presents 100 patient cases designed specifically to prepare students for clinical vignettes on the USMLE Step 1. Each case proceeds from chief complaint through diagnostic workup and treatment and includes buzzwords in history taking, physical examination, laboratory tests, imaging, and pathology.
This edition's cases give greater emphasis to pathogenesis, epidemiology, differential diagnosis, management, and complications and include radiologic images, photographs, tables, and algorithms. A new two-page format encourages students to read the case presentation and formulate an initial diagnosis before turning the page for the answer. The book ends with twenty all-new board-format questions and answers.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Pathophysiology I: Pulmonary, Ob/Gyn, ENT, Hem/Onc (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Pathophysiology III: CV, Dermatology, GU, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Peds (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Anatomy (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Biochemistry (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Pharmacology (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Behavioral Science (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 2: Internal Medicine II: Dermatology, Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Urology, Pulmonary, Rheumatology, Allergy (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Microbiology II: Bacteriology (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1: Microbiology I: Virology, Immunology, Parasitology, Mycology (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017
|The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Digestive System: Upper Digestive Tract (Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations, Volume 3, Part 1) (Netter Green Book Collection)
Lowest new price: $48.95
Lowest used price: $10.40
List price: $99.95
Author: Frank H. Netter MD
The most critically acclaimed of all of Dr. Frank H. Netter's works, this fully illustrated single book from the 8-volume/13-book reference collection includes: hundreds of world-renowned illustrations by Frank H. Netter, MD; informative text by recognized medical experts; anatomy, physiology, and pathology; and diagnostic and surgical procedures.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|IBS Relief: A Doctor, a Dietitian, and a Psychologist Provide a Team Approach to Managing Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Lowest new price: $27.95
Lowest used price: $1.75
List price: $13.95
Author: Geoffrey Turnbull
These three health professionals offer a program for managing irritable bowel that blends the medical, nutritional, and psychological aspects of the illness, including structured exercises to guide the sufferer through techniques proven effective.
Lowest used price: $7.65
List price: $185.00
Brand: Brand: Wiley-Blackwell
It is now clear that minimally-invasive procedures have become established in the surgical armamentarium and have made a major impact on the speed, cost and recovery time of many operations. Not surprisingly, those at the forefront of surgery are constantly trying to apply minimally-invasive methods to an increasing number of operations. Probably the most useful and versatile of these approaches is laparoscopy. This lavishly illustrated book presents an overview of all the surgical techniques currently possible using the laparoscopic route under endoscopic guidance. The chapters have been written primarily by those who have established themselves as the leading exponents of these techniques. Most of the top names in minimally-invasive surgery are represented in this text; they offer the benefit of their own experiences with each technique and explain their outcomes.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The SAGES Manual: Fundamentals of Laparoscopy, Thoracoscopy and GI Endoscopy
Lowest new price: $67.29
Lowest used price: $12.00
List price: $89.95
Since its publication in 1998, The SAGES Manual: Fundamentals of Laparoscopic and GI Endoscopy has become a true classic. Now, in its new second edition, the manual continues to be a comprehensive, concise and timely contribution to the field of minimally invasive surgery. The text provides an authoritative synopsis of the major minimally invasive procedures in an easy-to-read outline format. The text has been fully revised with new chapters added to reflect advances in the field. The new edition now features laparoscopy, endoscopy and a new section on thoracoscopy. The laparosopic section reviews the important basics of laparoscopic surgery, including general principles, diagnostic laparoscopy and biopsy, laparoscopic cholecystectomy and common bile duct exploration, laparoscopic gastric surgery, procedures on the small inestine, appendix and colon, the pancreas, spleen and retroperintoneum, hernia repair, and pediatric laparoscopy. The endoscopic section reviews gastrointesinal endoscopy for the general surgeon. It begins with an overview of the general principles of flexible endoscopy, and continues to discuss such procedures as upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, choledochostomy, colonoscopy, and pediatric endoscopy. The thoracoscopy section covers the basic principles of thoracoscopic surgery, including patient preparation and positioning, exploratory thoracoscopy for staging malignancies, esophagomyotomy, and operations for esophageal diverticula. New to the second edition are chapters on laparoscopic bariatric surgery, using hand-assisted devices in laparoscopy, and a new set of chapters on thoracoscopy. 50 new illustrations complement the text. A must-have reference for the general surgery resident or practicing surgeon.
Lowest new price: $229.00
Lowest used price: $188.00
List price: $229.00
Author: Nathan Sharon
This Second Edition brings readers up to date with all the latest findings in lectin research. Throughout this new edition, more than 200 figures and some thirty tables help readers visualize and understand key concepts and processes. The book starts with an overview of lectin research followed by a survey of the occurrence of lectins in nature. Other areas covered include the nutritional effects of lectins and their functions in nature.
|Netter's Gastroenterology Book and Online Access at www.NetterReference.com, 2e (Netter Clinical Science)
Lowest new price: $158.36
Lowest used price: $75.73
List price: $205.00
Author: Martin H. Floch MD
Netter’s Gastroenterology, 2nd Edition, edited by Martin H. Floch, MD, covers the entire field of digestive diseases―including those related to gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition―in one concise reference. A templated format offers a quick and memorable summary of nearly 300 of the most commonly encountered clinical conditions, from the classic to more contemporary, while hundreds of vivid Netter illustrations depict key anatomic structures and highlight important concepts. Convenient online access via a companion website at www.NetterReference.com places the entire text, illustrations, and more at your fingertips.
- Features concise text presented in a templated format for fast, easy access to key information.
- Provides complete guidance on all major GI diseases and conditions through sections on normal structure and function and summaries of the "clinical picture," diagnosis, treatment and management, course and progress, and prevention and control.
- Uses nearly 400 Netter and Netter-style images that highlight key aspects of patient presentation, pathophysiology, and relevant anatomy to provide a rich visual understanding of the most important concepts.
- Features expanded coverage and new illustrations in the Netter tradition of subjects related to bariatric and post-bariatric surgery that are of key importance in gastroenterology and general health.
- Includes hot topics such as gastroenterologic treatment of obesity, autoimmune pancreatitis, intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms, and parasites from sushi.
- Offers online access to the complete text, fully searchable, along with all of the illustrations downloadable for your personal individual use, and printable handouts to assist you with patient education.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
Page 1 of 9
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.