|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Handbook of Clinical Sexuality for Mental Health Professionals (500 Tips)
Lowest new price: $70.61
Lowest used price: $76.00
List price: $130.00
Brand: Taylor Francis
The Handbook of Clinical Sexuality for Mental Health Professionals, 3rd Edition, builds on the authors’ authoritative first person voice on sexual matters of the previous editions. The work reflects the field's growing sophistication about sexual disorders and their therapies. The scope has been expanded to keep pace with new literature and research in the field, and eight additional chapters have been added. New topics include the politics of diagnosis, persistent genital arousal, asexuality, post orgasm illness, scientific findings concerning origin of orientation, and partnering with the pharmaceutical industry. Easily accessible, the Handbook is divided into sections that touch on fundamental knowledge and skills; treatment; men’s major sexual concerns; women’s major sexual concerns; problems common to both genders; the diversity of sexual lives; and future and trending topics. Written in a personal, supervisory style, the book will help new therapists anticipate clinical contingencies and help experienced therapists refine their thinking and teaching.
|Trauma, Eighth Edition
Lowest new price: $158.50
Lowest used price: $144.99
List price: $204.00
Author: Ernest E. Moore
The world’s leading resource on trauma surgery― with an expanded full-color atlas
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Hailed by readers and reviewers for its expert authorship and high-yield clinical content, Trauma is unquestionably the field’s definitive text. Enhanced by a full-color design and a high-quality atlas of anatomic drawings and surgical approaches, this trusted classic takes readers through the full range of injuries the trauma surgeon is likely to encounter.
Supported by numerous x-rays, CT scans, plus tables throughout, Trauma begins with an informative look at kinematics and the mechanisms of trauma injury. Subsequent chapters provide useful background information on the epidemiology of trauma; injury prevention; the basics of trauma systems, triage, and transport; and much more. The next section meticulously reviews generalized approaches to the trauma patient, from pre-hospital care and managing shock, to emergency department thoracotomy and the management of infections. Trauma then delivers a clear organ-by-organ survey of treatment protocols designed to help clinicians respond to any critical care situation with confidence, no matter what body system is involved. The remaining sections of the book will help readers successfully handle specific challenges in trauma―including alcohol and drug abuse, and combat-related wounds―in addition to post-traumatic complications such as multiple organ failure.
• DVD with high-quality procedural video
• Increased number of algorithms and illustrations
• More international authors
• Expanded Trauma Atlas contains precise, full-color anatomical illustrations and proven surgical techniques
• High-yield section on specific approaches to the trauma patient prepares readers for the complete spectrum of cases in trauma/critical surgery care they will face in real-world practice
• A-to-Z overview of the management of specific traumatic injuries
• Detailed discussion of the management of complications
|Campbell-Walsh Urology: 4-Volume Set, 11e
Lowest new price: $409.99
Lowest used price: $315.91
List price: $549.99
Author: Alan J. Wein MD PhD (Hon) FACS
Internationally lauded as the preeminent text in the field, Campbell-Walsh Urology continues to offer the most comprehensive coverage of every aspect of urology. Perfect for urologists, residents, and practicing physicians alike, this updated 4-volume set highlights all of the essential concepts necessary for every stage of your career, from anatomy and physiology through the latest diagnostic approaches and medical and surgical treatments.
- Algorithms, photographs, radiographs, and line drawings illustrate essential concepts, nuances of clinical presentations and techniques, and decision making.
- Key Points boxes and algorithms further expedite review.
- Features hundreds of well-respected global contributors at the top of their respective fields.
- Four-volume set serves as a series of comprehensive mini-textbooks on every major subject in urology.
- A total of 22 new chapters, including Evaluation and Management of Men with Urinary Incontinence; Minimally-Invasive Urinary Diversion; Complications Related to the Use of Mesh and Their Repair; Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer; Adolescent and Transitional Urology; Principles of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery in Children; Pediatric Urogenital Imaging; and Functional Disorders of the Lower Urinary Tract in Children.
- Previous edition chapters have been substantially revised and feature such highlights as new information on prostate cancer screening, management of non–muscle invasive bladder cancer, and urinary tract infections in children.
- Includes new guidelines on interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome, uro-trauma, and medical management of kidney stone disease.
- Anatomy chapters have been expanded and reorganized for ease of access.
- Boasts an increased focus on robotic surgery, image-guided diagnostics and treatment, and guidelines-based medicine.
- Features 130 video clips that are easily accessible via Expert Consult.
- Periodic updates to the eBook version by key opinion leaders will reflect essential changes and controversies in the field.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience offers access to all of the text, figures, tables, diagrams, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
The new edition of Campbell-Walsh Urology is the must have reference for practitioners and residents!
|The Paris System for Reporting Urinary Cytology
Lowest new price: $96.07
Lowest used price: $95.31
List price: $109.00
This book describes a novel and proven approach to cytologically classify urinary samples for the detection of bladder cancer and lesions of the upper urinary tract. The new method is based on the collective experience of knowledgeable cytopathologists who have tested the terminology within their own laboratories for reproducibility and predictability of neoplasms of the urinary tract. Accompanying the written criteria for each diagnostic category are meticulously photographed exemplars of the cellular features, with cogently annotated descriptions of the photographs. The book thereby performs as an atlas for microscopists involved in diagnostic cytopathology at all levels of their education. Included in the targeted readership are experienced pathologists, cytotechnologists, and students of both professional groups. The new terminology also considers the clinical aspects of patient management.
Written by experts in the field who convened at the 18th International Congress of Cytology in Paris, The Paris System for Reporting Urinary Cytology presents a global standard for reporting and a new philosophic approach that maximizes the strengths of detecting the potentially lethal high grade lesions by urinary cytology, and recognizes without apology the inability to reliably detect the low grade lesions in urinary cytology.
The Concept has been endorsed by the American Society Of Cytopathology, and the International Academy of Cytology.
|The Complete Guide to Natural Healing of Varicocele: Varicocele natural treatment without surgery
Lowest new price: $33.53
Lowest used price: $39.31
List price: $42.99
Author: Daniel Johnson
Varicocele Natural Treatment Without Surgery: Over 100 of the best natural treatments for varicocele!
A holistic approach for treating varicocele at home: Lifestyle changes that address the root cause of varicocele, and safe and home treatments that help decrease varicocele swelling and heal symptoms.
Varicocele Natural Treatment Works:
- Treatment of varicocele risk factors
- At home treatments & exercises
- Specific critical lifestyle changes
These treatments are based on science and proven results from my personal experience with varicocele, and from helping over 10,000 clients naturally treat their varicoceles without surgery.
Results: What to Expect: The treatments, exercises, and lifestyle changes outlined in the Healing Guide are good enough to help reduce varicocele swelling by 40-60%, completely cure varicocele pain, and treat symptoms of infertility, impaired virility, and low testosterone. However, the results do take effort and consistency.
Visit https://www.varicocelehealing.com, contact us & learn more.
- Reduce varicocele swelling
- Cure varicocele pain
- Treat infertility & low testosterone
|Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, 4e
Lowest new price: $126.84
Lowest used price: $126.80
List price: $169.00
Author: Mark D. Walters MD
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery presents definitive, state-of-the-art guidance on every aspect of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), equipping you to make the best clinical decisions and optimize outcomes. Its easily accessible format is uniquely organized to reflect a physician's decision-making process -- from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. This practical, clinically oriented text is an ideal resource for OB/GYNs and Urologists as well as subspecialists in FPMRS, providing the latest information on procedures and available research regarding the evaluation and treatment of the growing number of patients presenting with these types of conditions.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information with a new section on surgical complications and their management; important new discussions on the psychosocial issues associated with treating patients with female pelvic floor disorders; and a new focus on female sexual function and dysfunction.
- Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure, complete with personal techniques and tips from leading experts.
- Put concepts into practice. Case presentations from leading experts in FPMRS allow the reader to apply the information presented to everyday clinical situations.
- Effectively detect, prevent and treat common female pelvic floor disorders including stress incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, defecation disorders, painful bladder and irritative voiding disorders, and urinary tract infection.
- Get a true-to-life view of each procedure through full-color, crisp illustrations that illuminate every detail and nuance.
- Stay current the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and 9 NEW chapters: Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital and Urinary Tracts l Physiology of the Pelvic Muscles, Vagina and Ano-Rectum l Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction l Multichannel-Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Video and Ambulatory Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Hysteropexy l Avoiding and Managing Lower Urinary Tract Injuries During Pelvic Surgery l Managing Mesh and other Vaginal Complications after Surgeries for Incontinence and Prolapse l and Surgical Management of Detrusor Compliance Abnormalities.
- Master urodynamic testing with step-by-step instructions on basic evaluation as well as the evaluation of complex cases with videourodynamics.
- Know what to do and expect with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, and clear full-color surgical illustrations as well as evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies.
|The Nurse Practitioner in Urology
Lowest new price: $50.98
Lowest used price: $51.00
List price: $69.99
This book is designed to meet the needs of nurse practitioners, advanced practice nurses and also physician assistants, working in urology. The full range of domains of practice is covered, including assessment and diagnosis, clinical management, nurse practitioner and patient relationships, consultation, health promotion and disease prevention, and practice management and research. Some background knowledge is assumed regarding the normal anatomy and physiology of the genitourinary system and the pathophysiology underlying specific urologic health-related problems. The Nurse Practitioner in Urology will be invaluable in ensuring that the nurse practitioner is able to maintain exemplary management of patients with acute and chronic urologic conditions in a wide variety of settings, including independent practices, hospitals, and academic urologic practices. It explains fully the role of the nurse practitioner as a skilled clinician in urology, blending nursing and medical management and capable of managing many chronic nonoperative urologic conditions while recognizing those conditions which may benefit from surgical management. As populations continue to age worldwide, there is no doubt that the provision of advanced urologic care by nurse practitioners is an area that will continue to expand, benefiting from additional training and expertise.
|Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society® Core Curriculum: Continence Management
Lowest new price: $69.02
Lowest used price: $64.95
List price: $79.99
Author: Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society® Wound
This volume in the new Core Curriculum series from WOCN® covers Continence Management, and is the crucial text for nurses practicing or studying fecal and urinary continence care. It offers pathology and physiology basics in easy-to-grasp terms, while providing expert guidance on patient management. The perfect study guide for the wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) certification exams, it also provides step-by-step direction on essential nursing procedures.
The evidence-based, easy-to-follow format of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ Core Curriculum: Continence Management facilitates your comprehension of:
o Urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
o Physiology of normal defecation and voiding
o Motility disorders, fecal incontinence, and bowel dysfunction in pediatric patients.
Step-by-step instruction leads you through care planning and delivery, including management of voiding dysfunction and urinary incontinence in both men and women.
o End-of-chapter Q&As help you remember all vital points
o Clinical pearls highlight important takeaways
o Numerous full-color photos, diagrams, and tables aid understanding of vital topics.
Practical directions cover:
o Assessment of UI and lower urinary tract symptoms
o Appropriate use of containment devices, absorbent products, and indwelling catheters
o Basic and advanced assessments of patients with urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
o Overactive bladder/urgency UI and fecal incontinence - pathology, presentation, diagnosis, and management
o Assessment and management of the neurogenic bladder
o Caring for older patients.
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ Core Curriculum: Continence Management is essential for nursing students in continence care programs; nurses caring involved in continence care; nurses in gastroenterology, urology, and surgical nursing; graduate nursing students; those seeking WOC certification or recertification; and nursing faculty.
Also available as an e-book at other major retailers.
|Smith and Tanagho's General Urology (Smith's General Urology)
Lowest new price: $49.99
Lowest used price: $29.58
List price: $99.00
Author: Jack W. McAninch
Brand: Brand: McGraw-Hill Professional
The definitive guide to understanding, diagnosing, and treating urologic disorders – completely updated with the latest clinical developments
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Smith & Tanagho’s General Urology, 18th edition offers a complete overview of the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders managed by urologic surgeons. This trusted classic delivers a clear, concise presentation of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of all major urologic conditions. The well-organized, user-friendly design makes relevant clinical information and management guidelines easy to find and simple to implement.
- High-yield descriptions of the latest diagnostic modalities and management protocols
- More than 1,600 illustrations and figures, including CT scans, radionuclide imaging scans, and x-rays
- NEW chapter on robotic surgery in urology
- Extensively updated chapters on chemotherapy of urologic tumors, neoplasms of the prostate, and vascular interventional radiology
- Ideal for residents and medical students who require a concise and comprehensive reference
- Great for board preparation
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Great Prostate Hoax: How Big Medicine Hijacked the PSA Test and Caused a Public Health Disaster
Lowest new price: $21.50
Lowest used price: $8.00
Author: Richard J. Ablin
Brand: Palgrave MacMillan Trade
Every year, more than a million men undergo painful needle biopsies for prostate cancer, and upward of 100,000 have radical prostatectomies, resulting in incontinence and impotence. But the shocking fact is that most of these men would never have died from this common form of cancer, which frequently grows so slowly that it never even leaves the prostate. How did we get to a point where so many unnecessary tests and surgeries are being done? In The Great Prostate Hoax, Richard J. Ablin exposes how a discovery he made in 1970, the prostate-specific antigen (PSA), was co-opted by the pharmaceutical industry into a multibillion-dollar business. He shows how his discovery of PSA was never meant to be used for screening prostate cancer, and yet nonetheless the test was patented and eventurally approved by the FDA in 1994. Now, doctors and victims are beginning to speak out about the harm of the test, and beginning to search for a true prostate cancer-specific marker.
Page 2 of 449
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.