|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Nurse Practitioner in Urology
Lowest new price: $45.32
Lowest used price: $55.84
List price: $69.99
This book is designed to meet the needs of nurse practitioners, advanced practice nurses and also physician assistants, working in urology. The full range of domains of practice is covered, including assessment and diagnosis, clinical management, nurse practitioner and patient relationships, consultation, health promotion and disease prevention, and practice management and research. Some background knowledge is assumed regarding the normal anatomy and physiology of the genitourinary system and the pathophysiology underlying specific urologic health-related problems. The Nurse Practitioner in Urology will be invaluable in ensuring that the nurse practitioner is able to maintain exemplary management of patients with acute and chronic urologic conditions in a wide variety of settings, including independent practices, hospitals, and academic urologic practices. It explains fully the role of the nurse practitioner as a skilled clinician in urology, blending nursing and medical management and capable of managing many chronic nonoperative urologic conditions while recognizing those conditions which may benefit from surgical management. As populations continue to age worldwide, there is no doubt that the provision of advanced urologic care by nurse practitioners is an area that will continue to expand, benefiting from additional training and expertise.
|Anatomic Basis of Tumor Surgery
Lowest new price: $123.22
Lowest used price: $198.07
List price: $259.00
Brand: Wood William C Skandalakis John E Staley Charles
Modern biological understanding is the basis for a multimodality treatment of a tumor. 'Anatomic Basis of Tumor Surgery' is the only book that provides an anatomic basis and description of tumor surgery based on an understanding of both the anatomy and biology of tumor progression. It presents the regional anatomy to allow tailoring of the operation as demanded.
- Anatomic Basis of Tumor Surgery
|Urologic Surgical Pathology: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 3e
Lowest new price: $225.37
Lowest used price: $199.95
List price: $320.00
Author: David G. Bostwick MD MBA FCAP
With sweeping revisions throughout, the new edition of Urologic Surgical Pathology equips you to accurately diagnose specimens of the entire urinary tract and male reproductive system plus the adrenal glands. Comprehensive in scope, this title begins with a look at normal anatomy and histology for each organ system...followed by discussions of the pathology of congenital anomalies, inflammations, non-neoplastic diseases and neoplasia. Practical guidance in daily urological pathology sign-out and the latest recommended diagnostic approaches ― with an emphasis on clinicopathologic and radiographic-pathologic correlations ― makes this a true diagnostic decision-making medical reference. A consistent format enables you to locate critical information quickly, and more than 1600 high-quality illustrations ― most in full color ― make diagnosis even easier.
"A great update of a well know textbook. Uropathology colleagues find it useful". Reviewed by: PathLab.org, June 2014
- Rely on the practice-proven experience of today’s authorities to identify and diagnose with confidence.
- Confirm your diagnostic suspicions by comparing your findings to more than 1600 color images and color graphics.
- Quickly locate the specific information you need through an abundance of tables, diagrams and flowcharts; boxed lists of types and causes of diseases; differential diagnosis; characteristic features of diseases; complications; classifications; and staging.
- Access the fully searchable text and images online at Expert Consult.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
- Stay current with the latest information on: differential diagnosis for all tumor types encountered in urological surgical pathology practice; urologic tumor specimen handling and reporting guidelines; new entities and updated classification schemes; and newer immunohistochemical and genetic diagnostic methods.
- Develop targeted therapy specific to a particular patient’s problem based on key molecular aspects of disease, especially in relevance to targeted therapy/personalized medicine.
- Provide the clinician with the most accurate diagnostic and prognostic indicators, by incorporating the latest classification and staging systems in your reports.
- Deepen your understanding of new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis.
- Odze and Goldblum Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas, 3e (Odze, Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract, and Pancreas)
- WHO Classification of Tumours of the Urinary System and Male Genital Organs (IARC WHO Classification of Tumours)
- WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues (IARC WHO Classification of Tumours)
- Rosen's Breast Pathology
- AJCC Cancer Staging Manual
- WHO Classification of Tumours of the Lung, Pleura, Thymus and Heart (IARC WHO Classification of Tumours)
- The Paris System for Reporting Urinary Cytology
- Atlas of Head and Neck Pathology, 3e (ATLAS OF SURGICAL PATHOLOGY)
- Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates, 4e
- WHO Classification of Head and Neck Tumours (IARC WHO Classification of Tumours)
|The Great Prostate Hoax: How Big Medicine Hijacked the PSA Test and Caused a Public Health Disaster
Lowest new price: $24.20
Lowest used price: $11.77
Author: Richard J. Ablin
Brand: Palgrave MacMillan Trade
Every year, more than a million men undergo painful needle biopsies for prostate cancer, and upward of 100,000 have radical prostatectomies, resulting in incontinence and impotence. But the shocking fact is that most of these men would never have died from this common form of cancer, which frequently grows so slowly that it never even leaves the prostate. How did we get to a point where so many unnecessary tests and surgeries are being done? In The Great Prostate Hoax, Richard J. Ablin exposes how a discovery he made in 1970, the prostate-specific antigen (PSA), was co-opted by the pharmaceutical industry into a multibillion-dollar business. He shows how his discovery of PSA was never meant to be used for screening prostate cancer, and yet nonetheless the test was patented and eventurally approved by the FDA in 1994. Now, doctors and victims are beginning to speak out about the harm of the test, and beginning to search for a true prostate cancer-specific marker.
|The Kelalis--King--Belman Textbook of Clinical Pediatric Urology, Sixth Edition
Lowest new price: $349.95
List price: $349.95
The sixth edition of The Kelalis-King-Belman Textbook of Clinical Pediatric Urology presents state-of-the-art knowledge and common-sense practice in all areas of clinical pediatric urology in a single, easily accessible volume. Clinical in orientation and practical in presentation, it covers every disorder and disease, diagnostic method, and appropriate treatment in pediatric urology from the embryo onwards. Widely acknowledged as the leading reference in the field, the book is essential reading for all practitioners who deal with urological disorders of childhood, whether trainees, residents or experienced specialists.
The book begins with chapters on evaluating the patient and general principles of pediatric urology, including the use of advanced diagnostic imaging techniques and the increasing importance of minimally invasive surgical techniques. It then proceeds through the entire urinary tract from adrenal gland to external genitalia, discussing anatomy, normal and abnormal development, anomalies and diseases and their treatment. Each chapter includes the latest developments in technology and medical and surgical techniques, and is accompanied by high-quality clinical photographs, scans and medical artwork. Tables, graphs, and charts lend further support to the detailed and comprehensive text. An additional feature is the inclusion of high-quality operative videos, integrated in the accompanying eBook, allowing the reader to visualize the key procedures described in the text.
|CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics, Fifth Edition (LANGE CURRENT Series)
Lowest new price: $76.51
Lowest used price: $25.51
List price: $93.00
Author: Harry Skinner
Brand: Brand: McGraw-Hill Professional
The latest clinical advances in orthopedics at your fingertips
For more than 70 years, professors, students, and clinicians have trusted LANGE for high-quality, current, concise medical information in a convenient, affordable, portable format. Whether for coursework, clerkships, USMLE prep, specialty board review, or patient care, there's a LANGE book that guarantees success.
- An authoritative, well-organized source of up-to-date, high-yield information on disorders and diseases treated by orthopedic surgeons and related physicians
- Emphasizes the major diagnostic features of disease states, the natural history of the diseases, the workup required for diagnosis, and the treatment
- Conveniently organized by anatomic structure, disease, and procedure
- Includes pathophysiology, epidemiology, and laboratory and imaging studies when necessary for diagnosis or an understanding of the treatment
- More than 600 illustrations
- Includes sports medicine, pediatric orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation, and geriatric medicine
- Valuable to students, residents and house officers of orthopedic surgery, emergency room physicians, family practitioners, general practitioners, and internists
- Ideal for certification and recertification
- An outstanding introduction to the specialty
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Schwartz's Principles of Surgery ABSITE and Board Review, 10/e
Lowest new price: $47.85
Lowest used price: $17.19
List price: $90.00
Author: F. Charles Brunicardi
The only review based on the field’s cornerstone text: Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery, Tenth Edition
"It will be particularly helpful to those in general surgery training programs, to general surgeons facing their board exams or recertification exams, and to all those subspecialty trained surgeons who must first qualify in general surgery and maintain their certification....This is a really high-quality review book."--Doody's Review Service (reviewing earlier edition)
The premiere Q&A book in surgery returns for a tenth edition, featuring updated chapters corresponding directly to the classic Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery, Tenth Edition. This powerful review gives you more than 1,000 board-style questions likely to appear on the American Board of Surgery in-training exam and the surgery board exam.
Developed by some of the top minds in modern surgery, Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery ABSITE and Board Review, 10th edition, provides the most current, authoritative perspectives on surgical practice. Each question is accompanied by answers and comprehension-building rationales, ensuring your complete understanding of the material. This beautifully illustrated text is truly the ultimate resource to assist in your certification and recertification exam review.
Here’s why this the single-best ABSITE and board review:
· Chapters keyed to Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery, Tenth Edition so you know you’re studying only relevant, applicable material from the most authoritative source possible
- 1000+ board-style questions with answers and rationales
- Questions were carefully selected for their likelihood of appearing on the exams
- Content aligns with the current ABSITE format
There no better way to add the authority, timeliness, reliability of Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery than this powerful, high-yield study guide.
|NCLEX: Pharmacology for Nurses: 105 Nursing Practice Questions & Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, ... Guide, Medical Career Exam Prep) (Volume 10)
Lowest new price: $10.99
Lowest used price: $11.54
List price: $12.95
Author: Chase Hassen
Brand: Chase Hassen
105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! Finally have the certainty to pass!
- NCLEX Pharmacology for Nurses 105 Nursing Practice Questions Rationales to Easily Crush the NCLEX
- NCLEX: Fundamentals of Nursing
- NCLEX: Cardiovascular System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, ... Trainer, Achieve Test Success Now) (Volume 6)
- Lab Values: 137 Values You Must Know to Easily Pass the NCLEX! (Nursing Review and RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, Practitioner, Study Guide, Laboratory Medicine Textbooks, Exam Prep) (Volume 1)
- Fluid and Electrolytes: 24 Hours or Less to Absolutely Crush the NCLEX Exam! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, ... Guide, Exam Prep, Medical LPN Textbooks)
- EKG Interpretation: 24 Hours or Less to EASILY PASS the ECG Portion of the NCLEX! (EKG Book, ECG, NCLEX-RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, Study ... Critical Care, Medical ebooks) (Volume 1)
- Pharmacology Success: A Q&A Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking ( Second Edition ) (Davis's Q&a Success)
- Nursing Mnemonics: 108 Memory Tricks to Demolish Nursing School
- NCLEX: Endocrine System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions & Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, NCLEX-RN Trainer, Achieve Test Success Now) (Volume 1)
- NCLEX-RN Drug Guide: 300 Medications You Need to Know for the Exam (Kaplan Test Prep)
- NCLEX: Respiratory System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, NCLEX-RN Trainer, Test Success) (Volume 1)
|Campbell-Walsh Urology 11th Edition Review, 2e
Lowest new price: $69.95
Lowest used price: $71.97
List price: $89.99
Author: W. Scott McDougal MD MA (Hon
Following the same chapter structure as the authoritative Campbell-Walsh Urology, 11th Edition, this trusted review covers all the core material you need to know for board exam preparation and MOC exams. Drs. W. Scott McDougal, Alan J. Wein, Louis R. Kavoussi, Alan W. Partin, and Craig A. Peters provide more than 3,000 multiple-choice questions with detailed answers that help you master the most important elements in urology, while interactive questions, self-assessment tools, an extensive image bank, and more are available on Expert Consult.
- Prepare for the written boards and MOC exams with the most reliable, efficient review available, from the same team that has made Campbell-Walsh Urology the most trusted clinical reference in the field.
- Stay up to date with new topics covered in the parent text, including evaluation and management of men with urinary incontinence, minimally-invasive urinary diversion, laparoscopic and robotic surgery in children, and much more.
- Get a thorough review and a deeper understanding of your field with more than 3,000 multiple-choice questions and detailed answers, now with new highlighted "must-know" points in the answer explanations.
- Quickly review just before exams with help from new Chapter Reviews that detail key information in a handy list format.
- Benefit from an increased focus on pathology and imaging, including updates to conform pathology content to the new American Board of Urology requirements.
Lowest new price: $49.07
Lowest used price: $41.73
List price: $327.99
Author: Mahul B. Amin
Knowledge in the field of urologic pathology is growing at an explosive pace. Today’s pathologists, specialists, and residents require a comprehensive and authoritative text that examines the full range of urological diseases and their diagnosis.
Written by recognized leaders and educators in the field, the text provides readers with a detailed understanding of all diagnostic aspects of urological disease. Inside this unique resource, readers will explore a broad spectrum of practical information—including etiology, diagnostic criteria, molecular markers, differential diagnosis, ancillary tests, and clinical management. This is sure to be the new definitive text for urological pathology!
- Practical organization presents discussions by organ and by neoplastic/non-neoplastic nature of diseases to help readers access and retrieve essential facts quickly.
- Expert editors are highly respected academic urologic pathologists.
- Detailed guidance helps readers identify a range of pathologic entities, recognize typical and atypical presentations, refine diagnosis, and make sound treatment choices.
- Accompanying website with image bank and fully searchable text allows readers to view critical pathologic features and related discussions at a glance.
Page 4 of 445
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.