|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Nurse Practitioner in Urology
Lowest new price: $45.32
Lowest used price: $58.50
List price: $69.99
This book is designed to meet the needs of nurse practitioners, advanced practice nurses and also physician assistants, working in urology. The full range of domains of practice is covered, including assessment and diagnosis, clinical management, nurse practitioner and patient relationships, consultation, health promotion and disease prevention, and practice management and research. Some background knowledge is assumed regarding the normal anatomy and physiology of the genitourinary system and the pathophysiology underlying specific urologic health-related problems. The Nurse Practitioner in Urology will be invaluable in ensuring that the nurse practitioner is able to maintain exemplary management of patients with acute and chronic urologic conditions in a wide variety of settings, including independent practices, hospitals, and academic urologic practices. It explains fully the role of the nurse practitioner as a skilled clinician in urology, blending nursing and medical management and capable of managing many chronic nonoperative urologic conditions while recognizing those conditions which may benefit from surgical management. As populations continue to age worldwide, there is no doubt that the provision of advanced urologic care by nurse practitioners is an area that will continue to expand, benefiting from additional training and expertise.
|CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics, Fifth Edition (LANGE CURRENT Series)
Lowest new price: $69.95
Lowest used price: $36.75
List price: $93.00
Author: Harry Skinner
Brand: Brand: McGraw-Hill Professional
The latest clinical advances in orthopedics at your fingertips
For more than 70 years, professors, students, and clinicians have trusted LANGE for high-quality, current, concise medical information in a convenient, affordable, portable format. Whether for coursework, clerkships, USMLE prep, specialty board review, or patient care, there's a LANGE book that guarantees success.
- An authoritative, well-organized source of up-to-date, high-yield information on disorders and diseases treated by orthopedic surgeons and related physicians
- Emphasizes the major diagnostic features of disease states, the natural history of the diseases, the workup required for diagnosis, and the treatment
- Conveniently organized by anatomic structure, disease, and procedure
- Includes pathophysiology, epidemiology, and laboratory and imaging studies when necessary for diagnosis or an understanding of the treatment
- More than 600 illustrations
- Includes sports medicine, pediatric orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation, and geriatric medicine
- Valuable to students, residents and house officers of orthopedic surgery, emergency room physicians, family practitioners, general practitioners, and internists
- Ideal for certification and recertification
- An outstanding introduction to the specialty
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Surgery On Call, Fourth Edition (LANGE On Call)
Lowest new price: $36.21
Lowest used price: $17.73
List price: $58.00
Author: Alan T. Lefor
Brand: Lefor, Alan T., M.D./ Gomella, Leonard G.
The ON CALL Series
*Concise and portable for “on-the-spot” treatment advice
*Comprehensive overview of the initial evaluation and treatment
*Features the most frequently encountered problems in a specialty
*Includes laboratory and diagnostic tests, procedures, and commonly used medications
*Perfect for residents and students on the wards
Over 80 of the most common internal medicine problems. Thoroughly revised to reflect current practices and treatment options.
|Teen Addictions & Recovery Workbook - Facilitator Reproducilbe Self-Assessments, Exercises & Educational Handouts
Lowest new price: $49.95
Lowest used price: $45.96
List price: $49.95
Author: Ester R.A. Leutenberg
Facilitator Reproducible Assessments, Exercises & Educational Handouts
Teen addictions come in many different shapes and forms. When most people hear the word addiction, they usually think of drug use and abuse. In reality, many different types of addictive behaviors exist. Addictions have very different effects on the body and mind of the person. Different types of addictions include drugs and alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, steroids, computer use and social networking, gambling, cigarettes and cigars, video games, texting, pornography, sex, sugar, money, shopping, self-injury, exercising, thrill-seeking and prescription drugs.
Teens have these addictions for a variety of complicated reasons including:
- To fit in
- To be accepted
- To change an image
- To feel more social
- To get in with a specific clique of peers
- To feel excited when bored
- To distance themselves from family
- To provide distance from school problems
- To relax from pressures of everyday life
- To gain confidence and loosen inhibitions
- To boost self-esteem
- To feel less lonely
- To ''numb'' feelings
- To feel important
- To feel less depressed
- To feel less anxious
- To rebel
- To seem ''cool''
The Teen Addictions & Recovery Workbook contains six separate sections to help participants learn more about themselves as well how addictions are impacting their lives.
- Do I Overdo My Habits? Scale helps individuals explore those types of habits they tend to overdo and identify ways to overcome these negative habits.
- Am I Likely to be Addicted? Scale helps individuals examine if they have a constellation of personality traits that predispose them to various addictions.
- Am I Addicted? Scale helps individuals to determine the level of their addiction to substances, activities and/or thought and behaviors.
- Am I Relapsing? Scale helps individuals identify the changes in thinking, feeling and behavior that accompany relapse.
- Can I Stop? Scale helps individuals define a clearer picture of the excuses that they may be using to continue their addiction and guides them to ways they can stop.
- Change and Recovery Scale helps individuals explore the level of self-discipline and willpower they have in combating addictions.
Use the exploratory activities, reflective journaling exercises and educational handouts to help teens discover their habitual and ineffective methods of managing addictions, and to explore new ways for bringing about healing.
|Bladder Cancer: A Patient-Friendly Guide to Understanding Your Diagnosis and Treatment Options
Lowest new price: $24.95
Lowest used price: $29.67
List price: $24.95
Author: David Pulver
Bladder Cancer: A Patient-Friendly Guide to Understanding Your Diagnosis and Treatment Options resulted from a unique collaboration between doctors and patients. It started when David Pulver was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2007 and got a second opinion from Mark Schoenberg, MD, an internationally acknowledged authority on bladder cancer. They formed a partnership—not only to treat David's bladder cancer but also to write a patient-friendly book for other patients diagnosed with this disease. The book combines expert medical information with a clear writing style that organizes and presents the information in the most patient-friendly way.
When you are diagnosed with bladder cancer or have a recurrence of your disease, many questions start running through your mind. What does my diagnosis mean? What are my treatment options? How serious is my disease? Can I be cured?
To grapple with these questions, you need to understand your diagnosis and learn about your treatment options— so you can get the best possible outcomes for your disease. The mission of this book is to educate you about bladder cancer so you can understand your diagnosis and make informed decisions regarding your treatment and care. The book will help you be a proactive patient, have better conversations with your doctor, and become your own advocate in fighting your disease.
What You Will Learn from This Book
This book is organized into 14 chapters and 4 appendixes.
You should first read Chapters 1–5, which provide information all patients with bladder cancer need to know. Topics include how to become a proactive patient, the anatomy and functions of the urinary system, how bladder cancer is diagnosed, and what you need to know to understand your diagnosis.
The next step is to read the specific chapter or chapters that discuss the treatment options for your specific diagnosis. Chapters 6–13 include detailed information about the treatment options for the different types and stages of bladder cancer.
Chapter 14 discusses the challenges bladder cancer survivors face as they transition from active treatment to follow-up care. In addition, there are 4 appendixes, including a glossary of bladder cancer terms and a list of bladder cancer resources for patients and their families.
This book addresses the questions, concerns, and challenges that confront people diagnosed with bladder cancer and those who love and support them.
|NCLEX: Maternity & Women's Health
Lowest new price: $12.14
Lowest used price: $12.67
List price: $12.95
Author: Chase Hassen
Brand: Hassen Chase
105 Practice Questions + Limited Time Free Bonus Inside = The Fear Of Failure Eliminated Forever!
In 1 hours or less you will have the skills to absolutely crush the Maternity & Women's Health questions of the NCLEX!
Upon downloading this book you will receive an additional *FREE Bonus Ebook Inside*
NCLEX SUCCESS: What You Need To Easily Crush The NCLEX On The First Try!
You'll Love This Free Bonus Ebook Because...
Maternity & Women's Nursing Questions + Free Bonus Ebook Inside = NCLEX Destroyer
- I have found exactly how to approach each question and saved you 100's of hours.
- You can ALSO use this free bonus ebook in harmony to slice each question to the core so that you will be more than ready for the big exam day!
- You now have access to the fastest formula out there to dominate the exam!
- You will have a strong understanding of the Maternity & Women's Health and the skills you need to absolutely crush the NCLEX on the first try!
In this book,
NCLEX: Maternity & Women's Health : 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to Absolutely Crush the NCLEX!
Discover Exactly How To:
* Eliminate The Fear of Failure
* Practice Maternity & Women's Health NCLEX questions to have more certainty
* Finally have the confidence to pass the NCLEX with ease
* Strengthen your ability to answer NCLEX Questions
The Secret To Dominating The NCLEX Is NOT Studying For Countless Unfocused Hours!
You need a proven formula that switches your brain on!
This book provides, The
Way to MASSIVELY speed up the learning process!
You can expect to fully understand any Maternity & Women's nursing question that comes your way.
Learn What It Takes To Pass The Fast & Easy Way!
and hit the
option so you can ABSOLUTELY CRUSH the NCLEX.
You can easily read this book on the kindle cloud reader from your Computer, iPhone, iPad, Tablet, or Kindle device.
- NCLEX Maternity Women s Health
- NCLEX: Respiratory System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, NCLEX-RN Trainer, Test Success) (Volume 1)
- NCLEX: Fundamentals of Nursing
- NCLEX: Pharmacology for Nurses: 105 Nursing Practice Questions & Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, ... Guide, Medical Career Exam Prep) (Volume 10)
- NCLEX: Cardiovascular System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, ... Trainer, Achieve Test Success Now) (Volume 6)
- NCLEX: Endocrine System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions & Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, NCLEX-RN Trainer, Achieve Test Success Now) (Volume 1)
- MATERNITY STUDY GUIDE (Content Breakdown + 100 NCLEX Review Practice Questions): Nursing School Made EASY! (Volume 2)
- Maternal and Newborn Success: A Q&A Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking (Davis's Success)
- NCLEX: Gastrointestinal Disorders: Easily Dominate The Test With 105 Practice Questions & Rationales to Help You Become a Nurse! (Nursing Review ... Guide, Medical Career Exam Prep) (Volume 7)
- Lab Values: 137 Values You Must Know to Easily Pass the NCLEX! (Nursing Review and RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, Practitioner, Study Guide, Laboratory Medicine Textbooks, Exam Prep) (Volume 1)
- Pediatric Success: A Q&A Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking (Davis's Q&A Success)
|MRI of the Prostate: A Practical Approach
Lowest new price: $105.32
Lowest used price: $97.40
List price: $129.99
Although prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men in the USA, it can be treated successfully if detected early. Disease management has gradually changed to a paradigm that relies on close monitoring through active surveillance in select patients, as well as ongoing refinements in treatment interventions, including minimally invasive procedures. This has resulted in a critical need for a more exacting methodology for performing targeted biopsies, assessing risk levels, and devising treatment strategies. Prostate MRI has emerged as the most precise, state-of-the-art imaging modality for prostate cancer diagnosis and management, thereby creating an immediate demand for radiologists to become proficient in its use.
Conceived and edited by a leading authority, with contributions from renowned experts in the field, MRI of the Prostate: A Practical Approach is the first book to tackle this important topic. It provides an overview of the fundamentals of prostate MRI acquisition, interpretation, and reporting. Readers will benefit from a wide range of insightful perspectives gleaned from years of hands-on experience.
- Prostate Imaging Reporting and Data System (PI-RADS) for prostate MRI interpretation and cancer risk scoring
- Clinical pearls on the optimization and application of prostate MRI for risk assessment, disease staging, MRI-targeted biopsy, recurrent disease, and active surveillance
- The emerging utilization of PET and PET/MRI for primary prostate cancer evaluation
- More than 700 illustrations with one entirely image-based chapter featuring educational case studies
Radiologists will learn how to optimally perform and interpret prostate MRI, and referring physicians will learn to integrate it into day-to-day practice. This book is an essential resource for radiologists and radiology residents, as well as urologists, oncologists, MRI technicians, and other medical practitioners who treat patients with genitourinary disorders.
|Genitourinary Pathology: A Volume in the Series: Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology, 2e
Lowest new price: $140.81
Lowest used price: $186.63
List price: $194.99
Author: Ming Zhou MD PhD
Genitourinary Pathology, by Drs. Ming Zhou and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi, a volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series,packs all of today's most essential information on genitourinary pathology into a compact, high-yield format! Well-organized and segmented by type of infectious organism, the book's pragmatic approach complemented by abundant full-color, high-quality photomicrographs and clinical photos, and at-a-glance tables makes it easy to access the information you need to quickly and accurately detect and identify molecular and genetic mechanisms of disease.
- Easily review normal histology before examining abnormal findings so you can avoid false positives.
- Gain a superb visual understanding of important histologic features with hundreds of full-color illustrations representing a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
The Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series answers the call for fresh, affordable, and easy-to-use guidance. Each region-specific volume provides all of the most essential information on the pathologic entities encountered in practice. Series Editor: John R. Goldblum, MD, FACP, FASCP, FACG
- Benefit from the same highly practical format as other titles in this series: consistent headings throughout, summary boxes for pathologic and clinical features, high quality photomicrographs and clinical photos, and a logical organization by type of infectious organism.
- Avoid incorrect diagnoses with a separate section on artifacts and pitfalls that highlights common problems you may encounter.
- Get up-to-date, comprehensive coverage of the field, including new renal cell carcinoma subtypes and intraductal carcinoma of the prostate; newer immunohistochemical and molecular markers; and updates to the Gleason Grading system for prostate cancer, Fuhrman Grading system for renal cell carcinoma, and TNM classification for GU malignancies.
- Access the fully searchable contents of the book at Expert Consult.
- Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates, 4e
- Head and Neck Pathology: A Volume in the Series: Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology, 2e
- The Bethesda System for Reporting Cervical Cytology: Definitions, Criteria, and Explanatory Notes
- WHO Classification of Tumours of the Urinary System and Male Genital Organs (IARC WHO Classification of Tumours)
- Biopsy Interpretation of the Uterine Cervix and Corpus (Biopsy Interpretation Series)
- Odze and Goldblum Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas, 3e (Odze, Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract, and Pancreas)
- AJCC Cancer Staging Manual
- WHO Classification of Head and Neck Tumours (IARC WHO Classification of Tumours)
- Quick Reference Handbook for Surgical Pathologists
- Sternberg's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology [2 - Volume Set]
|Male Infertility: Current Concepts and Controversies (Urologic Clinics of North America)
Lowest new price: $495.00
Lowest used price: $5.00
List price: $99.00
This volume is divided into sections highlighting areas of advancement or controversy in the treatment and approach to male factor infertility. The introductory section provides updates on hormonal evaluation and male infertility as well as highlights developments and our current understanding of evaluation of male factor infertility, the assessment of sperm structure and function, and issues related to female fertility. The fundamentals that are required for a urologist to be an effective collaborator with reproductive endocrinologists are also outlined. The second section discusses our understanding of the varicocele, the changing approach of the varicocele, and updates literature regarding the effectiveness of this commonly treated form of male factor infertility. The next section addresses ejaculatory abnormalities. There are many areas of controversy in the therapy of male infertility, and these are reviewed related in terms of medical therapy as well as surgical therapy. Articles devoted to genetic foundations provide the urologist with a genetic primer as well as the essentials required to understand the role of genetic abnormalities in male factor infertility. Finally, information on the effect of aging is also presented, since as our population ages, it happens more frequently that older men are attempting to achieve pregnancies with younger partners.
|Textbook of Complex General Surgical Oncology
Lowest new price: $320.00
List price: $320.00
Author: Shane Y. Morita
The most current, comprehensive, and authoritative guide to surgical oncology
As cancer care has continued to evolve in the 21st century, so too has the management of specific neoplasms through surgery. Keeping pace with this dynamic subspecialty calls for a state-of-the-art resource that combines oncologic principles with surgical treatment plans. Textbook of General Surgical Oncology is just such a resource.
Encyclopedic in scope and featuring the insights of more than 300 thought leaders in their respective surgical and medical oncology disciplines, this indispensable guide illuminates both common and uncommon issues. The book’s 165 chapters span virtually every clinical scenario oncologic surgeons are likely to encounter, resulting in the most complete, rigorous overview of surgical oncology available.
Textbook of General Surgical Oncology begins with an in-depth review of the general concepts and principles of genomics, epigenetics, pathology, targeted therapy, regional therapy, and patient safety in surgical oncology. The text then focuses on site-specific neoplasms, such as those of the skin, soft tissue, head/neck, lung, mediastinum, breast, pleura, peritoneum―plus tumors that affect various systems, including the endocrine, gastrointestinal, and hepatobiliary.
• Each chapter is written by an internationally recognized expert on the topic
• Outstanding review for the new Complex General Surgical Oncology certification examination
• Helps prepare trainees of various surgical subspecialties for their in-training examinations and surgical board exams
• Numerous full-color illustrations highlight relevant anatomy and surgical technique
Page 5 of 500
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.