|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Campbell-Walsh Urology 11th Edition Review, 2e
Lowest new price: $71.99
Lowest used price: $74.20
List price: $89.99
Author: W. Scott McDougal MD MA (Hon
Following the same chapter structure as the authoritative Campbell-Walsh Urology, 11th Edition, this trusted review covers all the core material you need to know for board exam preparation and MOC exams. Drs. W. Scott McDougal, Alan J. Wein, Louis R. Kavoussi, Alan W. Partin, and Craig A. Peters provide more than 3,000 multiple-choice questions with detailed answers that help you master the most important elements in urology, while interactive questions, self-assessment tools, an extensive image bank, and more are available on Expert Consult.
- Prepare for the written boards and MOC exams with the most reliable, efficient review available, from the same team that has made Campbell-Walsh Urology the most trusted clinical reference in the field.
- Stay up to date with new topics covered in the parent text, including evaluation and management of men with urinary incontinence, minimally-invasive urinary diversion, laparoscopic and robotic surgery in children, and much more.
- Get a thorough review and a deeper understanding of your field with more than 3,000 multiple-choice questions and detailed answers, now with new highlighted "must-know" points in the answer explanations.
- Quickly review just before exams with help from new Chapter Reviews that detail key information in a handy list format.
- Benefit from an increased focus on pathology and imaging, including updates to conform pathology content to the new American Board of Urology requirements.
|The 5 Minute Urology Consult
Lowest new price: $69.88
Lowest used price: $61.64
List price: $99.99
Author: Leonard G. Gomella MD
Grab your copy of The 5-Minute Urology Consult, 3e
for rapid-fire reference in the clinic. This essential, easy-to-read text was designed to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of urologic problems quickly and efficiently. Engineered for crystal clarity, and chock-full of information and action items, the “5-Minute Consult” series includes facts and recommendations as informed by the most current data available, sourced from actual patient consultations and further reviewed by top academics and physicians.
An invaluable resource for urologists, this book is perfect for the busy specialist or practitioner who deals with urologic conditions on a daily basis, as well as residents and fellows prepping for their certification exams. Features:
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Topics include adult and pediatric urology, and the subspecialties of urologic oncology, endourology, female urology, neurourology, andrology, infectious diseases, and renal transplantation
- International editorial board captured the widest array of diseases and conditions expressed worldwide
- Over 300 major diseases and conditions, with a lexicon of over 1,300 key concepts, diseases, complaints and conditions
- Visual algorithms and charts enhance clarity
- Drug Reference section outlines hundreds of urologic drugs and dosages
- Readable, two-color design and two-page layout
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
|Teen Addictions & Recovery Workbook - Facilitator Reproducilbe Self-Assessments, Exercises & Educational Handouts
Lowest new price: $47.99
Lowest used price: $40.09
List price: $49.95
Author: Ester R.A. Leutenberg
Facilitator Reproducible Assessments, Exercises & Educational Handouts
Teen addictions come in many different shapes and forms. When most people hear the word addiction, they usually think of drug use and abuse. In reality, many different types of addictive behaviors exist. Addictions have very different effects on the body and mind of the person. Different types of addictions include drugs and alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, steroids, computer use and social networking, gambling, cigarettes and cigars, video games, texting, pornography, sex, sugar, money, shopping, self-injury, exercising, thrill-seeking and prescription drugs.
Teens have these addictions for a variety of complicated reasons including:
- To fit in
- To be accepted
- To change an image
- To feel more social
- To get in with a specific clique of peers
- To feel excited when bored
- To distance themselves from family
- To provide distance from school problems
- To relax from pressures of everyday life
- To gain confidence and loosen inhibitions
- To boost self-esteem
- To feel less lonely
- To ''numb'' feelings
- To feel important
- To feel less depressed
- To feel less anxious
- To rebel
- To seem ''cool''
The Teen Addictions & Recovery Workbook contains six separate sections to help participants learn more about themselves as well how addictions are impacting their lives.
- Do I Overdo My Habits? Scale helps individuals explore those types of habits they tend to overdo and identify ways to overcome these negative habits.
- Am I Likely to be Addicted? Scale helps individuals examine if they have a constellation of personality traits that predispose them to various addictions.
- Am I Addicted? Scale helps individuals to determine the level of their addiction to substances, activities and/or thought and behaviors.
- Am I Relapsing? Scale helps individuals identify the changes in thinking, feeling and behavior that accompany relapse.
- Can I Stop? Scale helps individuals define a clearer picture of the excuses that they may be using to continue their addiction and guides them to ways they can stop.
- Change and Recovery Scale helps individuals explore the level of self-discipline and willpower they have in combating addictions.
Use the exploratory activities, reflective journaling exercises and educational handouts to help teens discover their habitual and ineffective methods of managing addictions, and to explore new ways for bringing about healing.
|Focusing in Clinical Practice: The Essence of Change
Lowest new price: $25.10
Lowest used price: $24.38
List price: $32.00
Author: Ann Weiser Cornell
Brand: Brand: W. W. Norton Company
A therapy technique for inner awareness and meaningful change. “Focusing” is a particular process of attention that supports therapeutic change, a process that has been linked in more than 50 research studies with successful outcomes in psychotherapy. First developed by pioneering philosopher and psychotherapist Eugene Gendlin, Focusing quietly inspired much of the somatically oriented, mindfulness-based work being done today. Yet what makes Focusing a truly revolutionary approach to therapeutic change has been little understood―until now.
Focusing is based on a radically different understanding of the body as inherently meaningful and implicitly wise. Mere intellectualizing or talking about problems can keep clients stuck in their old patterns of behavior. Focusing introduces the concept of the “felt sense,” a moment in process when there is a potential to experience more than is already known and to break through old, frozen, stuck patterns. Clients who see real change during the course of their therapy work are often those who can contact and stay with a felt sense―but how to help them do so is not obvious.
Ann Weiser Cornell, who has been teaching Focusing to clinicians for more than 30 years, shows how to help clients get felt senses and nurture them when they appear, how to work with clients who have difficulty feeling in the body, how to facilitate a “felt shift,” how to support clients who experience dysregulating emotional states, and much more. Beginning with a clear explanation of what makes Focusing so potentially transformative, she goes on to show how to effectively incorporate Focusing with other treatment modalities and use it to treat a range of client issues, notably trauma, addiction, and depression.
Designed to be immediately applicable for working clinicians and filled with practical strategies, clinical examples, and vignettes, this book shows step by step how to bring Focusing into any kind of clinical practice. Cornell expertly demonstrates the Focusing process unfolding, moment by moment, in the therapy room, and illuminates its powerful capacity to support a client’s growth and change.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Pocket Journal Club: Essential Articles in General Surgery
Lowest new price: $31.50
Lowest used price: $31.49
List price: $50.00
Author: Laura M. Mazer
A combination primer on evaluating the surgical literature and summary of landmark articles in general surgery
Pocket Journal Club: Essential Articles in General Surgery is a complete primer on how to efficiently evaluate the surgical literature, conduct literature searches, and identify high-impact articles. It also delivers concise, high-yield summaries of more than 130 of the most important surgical papers of the past few decades. These carefully selected summaries help you better understand the studies that have shaped surgical specialties and continue to inform clinical practice today.
• Articles are conveniently arranged by subspecialty fields within general surgery
• Each article summary is accompanied by brief commentary explaining the paper’s importance and relevance to current practice
• Designed to guide you towards a practice grounded in evidence, and enhance your ability to find and evaluate new information
• Essential reading for medical students, surgical trainees, as well as practicing clinicians who want an index of cornerstone literature
|Textbook of Complex General Surgical Oncology
Lowest new price: $282.77
Lowest used price: $259.29
List price: $320.00
Author: Shane Y. Morita
The most current, comprehensive, and authoritative guide to surgical oncology
As cancer care has continued to evolve in the 21st century, so too has the management of specific neoplasms through surgery. Keeping pace with this dynamic subspecialty calls for a state-of-the-art resource that combines oncologic principles with surgical treatment plans. Textbook of General Surgical Oncology is just such a resource.
Encyclopedic in scope and featuring the insights of more than 300 thought leaders in their respective surgical and medical oncology disciplines, this indispensable guide illuminates both common and uncommon issues. The book’s 165 chapters span virtually every clinical scenario oncologic surgeons are likely to encounter, resulting in the most complete, rigorous overview of surgical oncology available.
Textbook of General Surgical Oncology begins with an in-depth review of the general concepts and principles of genomics, epigenetics, pathology, targeted therapy, regional therapy, and patient safety in surgical oncology. The text then focuses on site-specific neoplasms, such as those of the skin, soft tissue, head/neck, lung, mediastinum, breast, pleura, peritoneum―plus tumors that affect various systems, including the endocrine, gastrointestinal, and hepatobiliary.
• Each chapter is written by an internationally recognized expert on the topic
• Outstanding review for the new Complex General Surgical Oncology certification examination
• Helps prepare trainees of various surgical subspecialties for their in-training examinations and surgical board exams
• Numerous full-color illustrations highlight relevant anatomy and surgical technique
|Smith's Textbook of Endourology
Lowest new price: $325.00
Lowest used price: $319.99
List price: $565.00
Written by a world-renowned editor team, Smith’s Textbook of Endourology, 3E, is a comprehensive guide covering the latest techniques and technologies in endourology in detail. Offering a step-by-step approach to complex endourologic procedures the authors take you through methods of access, operative techniques, instrument selection and function, complications, and postoperative care. Now in full color, the third edition contains 800 extra pages, culminating in an 1800 page, two volume textbook with extended and fully comprehensive coverage of urological anatomy, robotics, and the latest in laprascopic techniques. A supplemental DVD includes over 100 high-class videos allowing you to see endourology in action. Smith’s Textbook of Endourology, 3E, is an essential resource for all urologists.
|NCLEX: Fundamentals of Nursing
Lowest new price: $12.61
Lowest used price: $12.67
List price: $12.95
Author: Chase Hassen
Brand: Hassen Chase
105 Nursing Practice Questions & Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX!
- NCLEX Fundamentals of Nursing
- NCLEX: Pharmacology for Nurses: 105 Nursing Practice Questions & Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, ... Guide, Medical Career Exam Prep) (Volume 10)
- NCLEX: Cardiovascular System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, ... Trainer, Achieve Test Success Now) (Volume 6)
- Nursing Mnemonics: 108 Memory Tricks to Demolish Nursing School
- Fundamentals Success: A Q&A Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking
- Lab Values: 137 Values You Must Know to Easily Pass the NCLEX! (Nursing Review and RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, Practitioner, Study Guide, Laboratory Medicine Textbooks, Exam Prep) (Volume 1)
- Fluid and Electrolytes: 24 Hours or Less to Absolutely Crush the NCLEX Exam! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, ... Guide, Exam Prep, Medical LPN Textbooks)
- Med-Surg Success: A Q&A Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking (Davis's Q&A Success)
- NCLEX: Respiratory System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, NCLEX-RN Trainer, Test Success) (Volume 1)
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 7e (Saunders Comprehensive Review for Nclex-Rn)
- Fundamentals: Davis Essential Nursing Content + Practice Questions
Lowest new price: $12.26
Lowest used price: $8.48
List price: $63.00
Author: Dale A. Dangleben
Brand: Brand: McGraw-Hill Professional
The ultimate preparation tool for the American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination
ABSITE Slayer is a rigorous, high-yield review that focuses specifically on the American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination. Designed to reduce pre-test anxiety and help you achieve the highest score possible, this powerful study aid provides a complete framework for your exam preparation and is also the most efficient last-minute review available. You will find everything you need to ace the exam in one comprehensive package--from Q&A and full-color illustrations to "make or break" tips--from expert authors who know exactly what it takes to excel.
Here's why this is the best ABSITE review:
- More than 300 multiple-choice questions and more than 1,000 quick-hit single answer questions
- Test-taking tips that may spell the difference between success and failure on the exam
- Numerous full-color illustrations of must-know anatomy
- Valuable clinical pearls
- Easy-to-retain concise text
- Logical organ-based organization, that also includes chapters on pharmacology, anesthesia, cell biology, and fluids/electrolytes/nutrition
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Urology Board Review Pearls of Wisdom, Fourth Edition
Lowest new price: $55.00
Lowest used price: $23.94
List price: $88.00
Author: Stephen W. Leslie
Brand: Leslie Stephen W
4,000 quick-hit Q&As and over 100 X-ray and ultrasound images help you ace the Urology boards
Like flashcards in a book, this quick-hit question and answer review for the urology boards provides intense, streamlined review and is the perfect complement to larger urology and surgery texts. You'll find more than 3,300 Q&As with only the right answer provided - there are no multiple-choice distracters - so there's no chance of an incorrect answer staying in your mind. Also included are more than 100 X-rays and ultrasound images. Chapters are written by experts in the field to give you comprehensive coverage of important urological topics.
- Presented in a rigorous quick-hit question and answer style consisting of short clinical questions with concise answers
- Emphasis on distilling key facts and clinical pearls that are essential for exam success
- Questions on new technologies such as robotics and laparoscopic surgery, advances in cancer chemotherapy, medical urology, and complications related to new medicines (such as Topamax)
- High-quality of x-rays and imaging study pictures, including many new images (more then 100 in all)
- Urology Board Review Pearls of Wisdom Fourth Edition
Page 5 of 445
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.