|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|How's It Hanging?: Expert Answers to the Questions Men Don't Always Ask
Lowest new price: $12.03
Lowest used price: $13.01
List price: $17.99
Author: Dr. Neil Baum
This book is a great asset to all men who need to make their own health a priority."―Joe Gibbs, NFL Hall of Fame coach and owner of 4x NASCAR champion Joe Gibbs Racing
Everything you need to know about men's health in one handy package.
In their decades of clinical practice, Dr. Neil Baum and Dr. Scott Miller have treated sexual problems, prostate problems, urinary leakage, pelvic pain, urinary tract infections, and questions about infertility. They have seen countless male patients describe the problem simply as "something's not right down there," either because they are embarrassed about the issues or unaware of them. How's It Hanging? provides an easy-to-read guide to men's health. It is a sorely needed reference, during their lifetime 50 percent of men will have one of more of the conditions discussed in the book.
With an appropriate use of humor, analogies, illustrations, and case examples, the doctors share their knowledge of the penis, prostate, and testicles. They start with a discussion of male anatomy, covering the different organs, tubes, and hormones. They then move on to cover various problems, including erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, cancer, testosterone deficiency, STDs, and how they can be treated.
How's It Hanging? will help men make informed decisions about their medical care. Instead of suffering in silence, they will be more likely to discuss these issues with their friends and family and seek help when needed. And they will be better patients, able to communicate with their physicians about what's going on "down there."
|Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
Lowest new price: $126.64
Lowest used price: $139.23
List price: $169.00
Author: Mark D. Walters MD
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery presents definitive, state-of-the-art guidance on every aspect of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), equipping you to make the best clinical decisions and optimize outcomes. Its easily accessible format is uniquely organized to reflect a physician's decision-making process -- from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. This practical, clinically oriented text is an ideal resource for OB/GYNs and Urologists as well as subspecialists in FPMRS, providing the latest information on procedures and available research regarding the evaluation and treatment of the growing number of patients presenting with these types of conditions.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information with a new section on surgical complications and their management; important new discussions on the psychosocial issues associated with treating patients with female pelvic floor disorders; and a new focus on female sexual function and dysfunction.
- Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure, complete with personal techniques and tips from leading experts.
- Put concepts into practice. Case presentations from leading experts in FPMRS allow the reader to apply the information presented to everyday clinical situations.
- Effectively detect, prevent and treat common female pelvic floor disorders including stress incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, defecation disorders, painful bladder and irritative voiding disorders, and urinary tract infection.
- Get a true-to-life view of each procedure through full-color, crisp illustrations that illuminate every detail and nuance.
- Stay current the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and 9 NEW chapters: Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital and Urinary Tracts l Physiology of the Pelvic Muscles, Vagina and Ano-Rectum l Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction l Multichannel-Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Video and Ambulatory Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Hysteropexy l Avoiding and Managing Lower Urinary Tract Injuries During Pelvic Surgery l Managing Mesh and other Vaginal Complications after Surgeries for Incontinence and Prolapse l and Surgical Management of Detrusor Compliance Abnormalities.
- Master urodynamic testing with step-by-step instructions on basic evaluation as well as the evaluation of complex cases with videourodynamics.
- Know what to do and expect with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, and clear full-color surgical illustrations as well as evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies.
|Smith and Tanagho's General Urology (Smith's General Urology)
Lowest new price: $50.18
Lowest used price: $15.96
List price: $61.00
Author: Jack W. McAninch
Brand: Brand: McGraw-Hill Professional
The definitive guide to understanding, diagnosing, and treating urologic disorders – completely updated with the latest clinical developments
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Smith & Tanagho’s General Urology, 18th edition offers a complete overview of the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders managed by urologic surgeons. This trusted classic delivers a clear, concise presentation of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of all major urologic conditions. The well-organized, user-friendly design makes relevant clinical information and management guidelines easy to find and simple to implement.
- High-yield descriptions of the latest diagnostic modalities and management protocols
- More than 1,600 illustrations and figures, including CT scans, radionuclide imaging scans, and x-rays
- NEW chapter on robotic surgery in urology
- Extensively updated chapters on chemotherapy of urologic tumors, neoplasms of the prostate, and vascular interventional radiology
- Ideal for residents and medical students who require a concise and comprehensive reference
- Great for board preparation
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Diclofenac: Active Pill That Deal With Painful Conditions Like Arthritis, Sprains And Strains, Gout, Migraine And Dental Pain.
Lowest new price: $9.00
List price: $9.00
Author: Karita Ranta
Active Pill That Deal With Painful Conditions Like Arthritis, Sprains And Strains, Gout, Migraine And Dental Pain.
Anti-inflammatory painkillers such as diclofenac are occasionally called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs), or simply 'anti-inflammatories'. Diclofenac is devoted to deal with painful conditions like arthritis, sprains and strains, gout, migraine, dental pain, and pain following surgical operations. It eases pain and reduces inflammation. Diclofenac can be obtained on prescription.
Diclofenac works by blocking the impact of compounds in our bodies, known as cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes. These enzymes help to make other compounds in the body, known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are made at sites of injury or harm, and lead to inflammation and pain. By blocking the impact of COX enzymes, fewer prostaglandins are generated, which means inflammation and pain are eased.
|Hermaphrodites and the Medical Invention of Sex
Lowest new price: $24.02
Lowest used price: $24.03
List price: $31.00
Author: Alice Domurat Dreger
Punctuated with remarkable case studies, this book explores extraordinary encounters between hermaphrodites--people born with "ambiguous" sexual anatomy--and the medical and scientific professionals who grappled with them. Alice Dreger focuses on events in France and Britain in the late nineteenth century, a moment of great tension for questions of sex roles. While feminists, homosexuals, and anthropological explorers openly questioned the natures and purposes of the two sexes, anatomical hermaphrodites suggested a deeper question: just how many human sexes are there? Ultimately hermaphrodites led doctors and scientists to another surprisingly difficult question: what is sex, really?
Hermaphrodites and the Medical Invention of Sex takes us inside the doctors' chambers to see how and why medical and scientific men constructed sex, gender, and sexuality as they did, and especially how the material conformation of hermaphroditic bodies--when combined with social exigencies--forced peculiar constructions. Throughout the book Dreger indicates how this history can help us to understand present-day conceptualizations of sex, gender, and sexuality. This leads to an epilogue, where the author discusses and questions the protocols employed today in the treatment of intersexuals (people born hermaphroditic). Given the history she has recounted, should these protocols be reconsidered and revised?
A meticulously researched account of a fascinating problem in the history of medicine, this book will compel the attention of historians, physicians, medical ethicists, intersexuals themselves, and anyone interested in the meanings and foundations of sexual identity.
|CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics, Fifth Edition (LANGE CURRENT Series)
Lowest new price: $63.32
Lowest used price: $33.60
List price: $93.00
Author: Harry Skinner
Brand: Brand: McGraw-Hill Professional
The latest clinical advances in orthopedics at your fingertips
For more than 70 years, professors, students, and clinicians have trusted LANGE for high-quality, current, concise medical information in a convenient, affordable, portable format. Whether for coursework, clerkships, USMLE prep, specialty board review, or patient care, there's a LANGE book that guarantees success.
- An authoritative, well-organized source of up-to-date, high-yield information on disorders and diseases treated by orthopedic surgeons and related physicians
- Emphasizes the major diagnostic features of disease states, the natural history of the diseases, the workup required for diagnosis, and the treatment
- Conveniently organized by anatomic structure, disease, and procedure
- Includes pathophysiology, epidemiology, and laboratory and imaging studies when necessary for diagnosis or an understanding of the treatment
- More than 600 illustrations
- Includes sports medicine, pediatric orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation, and geriatric medicine
- Valuable to students, residents and house officers of orthopedic surgery, emergency room physicians, family practitioners, general practitioners, and internists
- Ideal for certification and recertification
- An outstanding introduction to the specialty
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Sexuality and Its Disorders: Development, Cases, and Treatment
Lowest new price: $60.99
Lowest used price: $20.71
List price: $85.00
Author: Mike Abrams
Sexuality and Its Disorders explores sexuality from an evolutionary perspective using powerful, real-life case studies to help readers provide effective guidance around issues relating to sexuality. Drawing on his 30 years of clinical experience and research, author Mike Abrams provides a comprehensive, evidence-based, and clinically-oriented text with cutting-edge coverage throughout. Discussions include the physical and psychological development of sexual identity; the social aspects of sexual behavior; the many expressions of sexuality; cognitive behavior treatment of sexual problems; and more. The many perspectives of sexuality are examined with interviews and commentaries from major figures in the field―including David M. Buss, Helen Fisher, C. Sue Carter of Kinsey, Todd K. Shackelford, Ken Zucker, and Gordon Gallup―who discuss such topics as the origins of sexuality, the nature of love, the role of attachment, and the treatment of sexual problems.
|NCLEX: Pharmacology for Nurses: 105 Nursing Practice Questions & Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, ... Guide, Medical Career Exam Prep) (Volume 10)
Lowest new price: $12.54
Lowest used price: $12.67
List price: $12.95
Author: Chase Hassen
105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! Finally have the certainty to pass!
- NCLEX: Fundamentals of Nursing
- NCLEX: Cardiovascular System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, ... Trainer, Achieve Test Success Now) (Volume 6)
- Lab Values: 137 Values You Must Know to Easily Pass the NCLEX! (Nursing Review and RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, Practitioner, Study Guide, Laboratory Medicine Textbooks, Exam Prep) (Volume 1)
- Fluid and Electrolytes: 24 Hours or Less to Absolutely Crush the NCLEX Exam! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, ... Guide, Exam Prep, Medical LPN Textbooks)
- EKG Interpretation: 24 Hours or Less to EASILY PASS the ECG Portion of the NCLEX! (EKG Book, ECG, NCLEX-RN Content Guide, Registered Nurse, Study ... Critical Care, Medical ebooks) (Volume 1)
- NCLEX: Endocrine System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions & Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, NCLEX-RN Trainer, Achieve Test Success Now) (Volume 1)
- NCLEX: Respiratory System: 105 Nursing Practice Questions and Rationales to EASILY Crush the NCLEX! (Nursing Review Questions and RN Content Guide, NCLEX-RN Trainer, Test Success) (Volume 1)
- Pharmacology Success: A Q&A Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking ( Second Edition ) (Davis's Q&a Success)
- NCLEX-RN Drug Guide: 300 Medications You Need to Know for the Exam (Kaplan Test Prep)
- NCLEX: Mental Health Disorders: Easily Dominate The Test With 105 Practice Questions & Rationales to Help You Become a Nurse! (Nursing Review ... Test Success, NCLEX-RN Trainer) (Volume 4)
|Genitourinary Pathology, An Issue of Surgical Pathology Clinics (The Clinics: Surgery)
Lowest new price: $81.92
Lowest used price: $899.99
List price: $98.99
Author: Michelle S. Hirsch MD
This issue of Surgical Pathology Clinics focuses on diseases of the genitourinary tract: Prostate, Kidney, Bladder, Testes, and Adrenals. As with all information in this series, presentations relate to the daily practice of surgical pathologists. A practical and innovative feature in this issue is the inclusion of several articles from the “clinician’s perspective in which an oncologist discusses the diagnosis of the disease and relates this to the information they require from the pathologist. Topics include: Morphologic updates in prostate pathology; Molecular updates in prostate pathology; Diagnosis of prostate carcinoma: A clinician’s perspective; Commonly encountered renal neoplasms; Emerging entities in renal neoplasia; Diagnosis of renal cell carcinoma: A clinician’s perspective; Morphologic and molecular characteristics of bladder cancer; Diagnosis of bladder carcinoma: A clinician’s perspective; Overview of testicular neoplasia; Diagnosis of testicular cancer: A clinician’s perspective; Overview of adrenal neoplasia; Diagnosis of adrenal carcinoma: A clinician’s perspective; Benign lesions of the GU tract . Michelle Hirsch leads this issue with a group of expert genitourinary pathologists and oncologists.
|Vaginal Surgery for Incontinence and Prolapse
Lowest new price: $256.00
Lowest used price: $303.90
List price: $369.00
This book provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive information on vaginal anatomy and physiology. It offers practical guidelines for office evaluation of incontinence and prolapse, and a series of detailed chapters on reconstructive procedures for urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence and prolapse. There are 120 illustrations to enhance the text. This book is for urological and gynecological surgeons involved in training or currently delivering surgical care to women with pelvic floor dysfunction. It succeeds in bringing together established and new practices in this fast emerging field.
Page 5 of 446
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.