|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Water Supply & Land Use
|Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 23rd Edition
Lowest new price: $283.96
Lowest used price: $315.66
List price: $395.00
Author: E W Rice
Analysts, researchers, and regulators have relied on this peer-reviewed publication since 1905. The trusted source of accurate, proven methodology for analyzing natural waters, water supplies, and wastewaters. The 23rd edition of Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater(R) contains over 400 laboratory methods for the analysis of
Dissolved Solids Metals Free and Total Chlorine Odor, Taste, and Flavor Profile Analysis Disinfection By-products Radionuclides Total Organic Carbon Total and Fecal Coliform Laboratories worldwide rely on this comprehensive reference as the trusted source of accurate, proven methodology for analysis of water, water supplies, and wastewater. It is the essential resource for water analysis professionals.
The methods in the 23rd edition (as in previous editions) are believed to be the best available, generally accepted procedures for analyzing water, wastewater, and related materials. They represent the recommendations of specialists, ratified by a large number of analysts and others of more general expertise, and as such are truly consensus standards, offering a valid and recognized basis for control and evaluation. All methods are dated to identify which ones changed significantly between editions.
New in the 23rd edition
Over 80 revised methods and 5 new methods added Extensive revisions to Microbiological Examination (Part 9000) New drinking water method to test for pharmaceuticals and personal care products New, more realistic, visuals to help identify aquatic organisms Revisions to Solids, Cyanide, Nitrate, Dissolved Oxygen, and Biochemical Oxygen Demand Standard Methods is also offered as a subscription service, which includes all the new, revised, and USEPA-approved methods that are full-text searchable, a discussion group and news about the book, its methods and the oversight board.
- Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater
- Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC INTERNATIONAL, 20th Edition, 2016, 2-volume set
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water & Wastewater, Centennial Edition
- The Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, and Biologicals
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 23rd Edition
- Biology and Conservation of Ridley Sea Turtles
- Clinical Microbiology Procedures Handbook (3 Volume Set)
- Justman Brush 610382 Flask Brush for 1000mL Volumetric Flask, White Bristle, 1.75" Diameter, 5" Brush Length
|The Prepper's Water Survival Guide: Harvest, Treat, and Store Your Most Vital Resource
Lowest new price: $6.41
Lowest used price: $6.30
List price: $14.95
Author: Daisy Luther
Brand: Running Press Books
NO SOURCE IS LEFT UNTAPPED IN THIS ALL-ENCOMPASSING GUIDE TO SUPPLYING LIFE-SAVING WATER AFTER A DISASTER
You can survive up to three weeks without food, but only three days without water! When catastrophe strikes, having enough water can spell the difference between life and death. The Prepper’s Water Survival Guide offers a step-by-step plan with straightforward information you can easily follow. Thanks to this book’s laser-focus on water, you’ll quickly learn how to:
•Store fresh water
•Purify water from lakes & rivers
•Dig a well for groundwater
In addition to harvesting water, you’ll gain the tools to keep large stores untainted for long periods of time, test the water you collect for dangerous toxins, and treat water-related illnesses that are commonly contracted during a disaster.
- The Prepper's Water Survival Guide Book
- Complete guide for how to store, treat, and harvest your most vital resource.
- Including complete instructions for collecting rainwater and digging a well.
- Discover real-world applications for harvesting and purifying water from a variety of sources.
- Softcover. 224 pages.
- Prepper's Long-Term Survival Guide: Food, Shelter, Security, Off-the-Grid Power and More Life-Saving Strategies for Self-Sufficient Living
- The Forgotten Skills of Self-Sufficiency Used by the Mormon Pioneers
- When The Grid Goes Down, Disaster Preparations and Survival Gear For Making Your Home Self-Reliant
- Food Storage: Preserving Meat, Dairy, and Eggs
- Prepper's Home Defense: Security Strategies to Protect Your Family by Any Means Necessary
- Disaster Preparedness for EMP Attacks and Solar Storms (Expanded Edition)
- SHTF Prepping:: 100+ Amazing Tips, Tricks, Hacks & DIY Prepper Projects, Along With 77 Items You Need In Your STHF Stockpile Now! (Off Grid Living, ... & Disaster Preparedness Survival Guide)
- The Prepper's Blueprint: The Step-By-Step Guide To Help You Through Any Disaster
- Food Storage for Self-Sufficiency and Survival: The Essential Guide for Family Preparedness
- Prepper's Natural Medicine: Life-Saving Herbs, Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for When There is No Doctor
|The Source: How Rivers Made America and America Remade Its Rivers
Lowest new price: $15.89
Lowest used price: $16.60
List price: $26.95
Author: Martin Doyle
How rivers have shaped American politics, economics, and society from the beginnings of the Republic to today.
America has more than 250,000 rivers, coursing over more than 3 million miles, connecting the disparate regions of the United States. On a map they can look like the veins, arteries, and capillaries of a continent-wide circulatory system, and in a way they are. Over the course of this nation’s history rivers have served as integral trade routes, borders, passageways, sewers, and sinks. Over the years, based on our shifting needs and values, we have harnessed their power with waterwheels and dams, straightened them for ships, drained them with irrigation canals, set them on fire, and even attempted to restore them.
In this fresh and powerful work of environmental history, Martin Doyle tells the epic story of America and its rivers, from the U.S. Constitution’s roots in interstate river navigation, the origins of the Army Corps of Engineers, the discovery of gold in 1848, and the construction of the Hoover Dam and the TVA during the New Deal, to the failure of the levees in Hurricane Katrina and the water wars in the west. Along the way, he explores how rivers have often been the source of arguments at the heart of the American experiment―over federalism, sovereignty and property rights, taxation, regulation, conservation, and development.
Through his encounters with experts all over the country―a Mississippi River tugboat captain, an Erie Canal lock operator, a dendrochronologist who can predict the future based on the story trees tell about the past, a western rancher fighting for water rights―Doyle reveals the central role rivers have played in American history―and how vital they are to its future. 20 illustrations
|Cadillac Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water, Revised Edition
Lowest new price: $10.04
Lowest used price: $2.03
List price: $19.00
Author: Marc Reisner
Brand: Penguin (Non-Classics)
"The definitive work on the West's water crisis." --Newsweek
The story of the American West is the story of a relentless quest for a precious resource: water. It is a tale of rivers diverted and dammed, of political corruption and intrigue, of billion-dollar battles over water rights, of ecological and economic disaster. In his landmark book, Cadillac Desert, Marc Reisner writes of the earliest settlers, lured by the promise of paradise, and of the ruthless tactics employed by Los Angeles politicians and business interests to ensure the city's growth. He documents the bitter rivalry between two government giants, the Bureau of Reclamation and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, in the competition to transform the West. Based on more than a decade of research, Cadillac Desert is a stunning expose and a dramatic, intriguing history of the creation of an Eden--an Eden that may only be a mirage.
The definitive history of water resources in the American West, and a very illuminating lesson in the political economy of limited resources anywhere. Highly recommended!
- history of the water wars in the western US
|Chemtrails, HAARP, and the Full Spectrum Dominance of Planet Earth
Lowest new price: $14.77
Lowest used price: $14.13
List price: $21.95
Author: Elana Freeland
Brand: Freeland Elana
We are entering a Space Age, but not the kind President Kennedy originally envisioned. This Space Age is replacing resource wars and redefines planet earth as a "battlespace" in accordance with the military doctrine of "Full-Spectrum Dominance."
This book examines how chemtrails and ionospheric heaters like the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Project (HAARP) in Alaska service a full-spectrum dominance. This "Revolution in Military Affairs" needs an atmospheric medium to assure wireless access to the bodies and brains of anyone on Earth—from heat-seeking missiles to a form of mind control.
How sinister are these technologies? Are we being prepared for a "global village" lockdown? The recent release of NSA records have reminded Americans that "eyes in the sky" are tracking us as supercomputers record the phone calls, e-mails, internet posts, and even the brain frequencies of millions.
Elana M. Freeland's startling book sifts through the confusion surrounding chemtrails-versus-contrails and how extreme weather is being "geo-engineered" to enrich disaster capitalists and intimidate nations.
A deconstruction of Bernard J. Eastlund's HAARP patent points to other covert agendas, such as a global Smart Grid infrastructure that enables access to every body and brain on Earth, a "Transhumanist" future that erases lines between human and machine, and Nanobiological hybrids armed with microprocessers that infest and harm human bodies.
- Chemtrails HAARP and the Full Spectrum Dominance of Planet Earth
|Let There Be Water: Israel's Solution for a Water-Starved World
Lowest new price: $8.18
Lowest used price: $6.55
List price: $17.99
Author: Seth M. Siegel
Brand: Siegel Seth M
New York Times and Los Angeles Times Bestseller!
As every day brings urgent reports of growing water shortages around the world, there is no time to lose in the search for solutions.
The U.S. government predicts that forty of our fifty states-and 60 percent of the earth's land surface-will soon face alarming gaps between available water and the growing demand for it. Without action, food prices will rise, economic growth will slow, and political instability is likely to follow.
Let There Be Water illustrates how Israel can serve as a model for the United States and countries everywhere by showing how to blunt the worst of the coming water calamities. Even with 60 percent of its country made of desert, Israel has not only solved its water problem; it also had an abundance of water. Israel even supplies water to its neighbors-the Palestinians and the Kingdom of Jordan-every day.
Based on meticulous research and hundreds of interviews, Let There Be Water reveals the methods and techniques of the often offbeat inventors who enabled Israel to lead the world in cutting-edge water technology.
Let There Be Water also tells unknown stories of how cooperation on water systems can forge diplomatic ties and promote unity. Remarkably, not long ago, now-hostile Iran relied on Israel to manage its water systems, and access to Israel's water know-how helped to warm China's frosty relations with Israel.
Beautifully written, Seth M. Siegel's Let There Be Water is and inspiring account of the vision and sacrifice by a nation and people that have long made water security a top priority. Despite scant natural water resources, a rapidly growing population and economy, and often hostile neighbors, Israel has consistently jumped ahead of the water innovation-curve to assure a dynamic, vital future for itself. Every town, every country, and every reader can benefit from learning what Israel did to overcome daunting challenges and transform itself from a parched land into a water superpower.
- Let There Be Water Israel s Solution for a Water Starved World
|Water Resources and Environmental Depth Reference Manual for the Civil PE Exam
Lowest new price: $160.00
Lowest used price: $156.00
List price: $260.00
Author: Jonathan Brant PhD
Brand: Brand: Professional Publications, Inc.
To pass the Civil PE exam’s water resources and environmental depth section, you’ll need to be familiar with the exam topics and how to use relevant equations. The Water Resources and Environmental Depth Reference Manual for the Civil PE Exam
provides comprehensive coverage of the exam topics. Detailed tables, figures, and appendices make it possible to solve many exam problems using the Depth Reference Manual
alone. Example problems demonstrate how concepts are applied, and end-of-chapter problems provide opportunity for independent practice. Comprehensive Reference and Practice for the Civil PE Exam’s Water Resources and Environmental Depth Section
- Clear, easy-to-understand explanations of water resources and environmental engineering concepts
- A complete introduction to the water resources and environmental depth section of the Civil PE exam
- An overview of the Ten States Standards
- 115 solved example problems
- 101 exam-like, end-of-chapter problems with complete solutions
- 230 equations, 65 tables, 102 figures, and 8 appendices
- An easy-to-use index
- Activated Sludge
- Environmental Remediation
- Groundwater Engineering
- Hazardous Waste and Pollutants
- Hydraulics—Closed Conduit
- Hydraulics—Open Channel
- Waste and Wastewater Composition and Chemistry
- Wastewater Treatment
- Water Treatment
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Water Resources and Environmental Depth Exam Problems
Lowest new price: $75.00
Lowest used price: $72.00
List price: $157.00
Author: R. Wane Schneiter PhD PE
Targeted Training for Solving Civil PE Water Resources and Environmental Depth Exam Problems
Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Water Resources and Environmental Depth Exam Problems contains 100 multiple-choice problems that are grouped into nine chapters. Each chapter corresponds to a topic on the Civil PE water resources and environmental depth exam. Problems are representative of the exam’s format, scope of topics, and level of difficulty. Like the PE exam, an average of six minutes is required to solve each problem in this book. Each problem also includes a hint that provides problem-solving guidance when needed. Comprehensive step-by-step solutions for all problems demonstrate accurate and efficient solving approaches.
Six-Minute Solutions will help you to:
• effectively familiarize yourself with the exam scope
• successfully connect relevant theory to exam-like problems
• quickly identify accurate problem-solving approaches
• actively engage with references you will use on exam day
• Analysis and Design
• Drinking Water Distribution and Treatment
• Engineering Economics Analysis
• Groundwater and Wells
• Hydraulics—Closed Conduit
• Hydraulics—Open Channel
• Wastewater Collection and Treatment
• Water Quality
|Environmental Engineering Reference Manual, 3rd Edition
Lowest new price: $250.00
Lowest used price: $381.16
List price: $447.00
Author: Michael R. Lindeburg PE
Get your PE Environmental Engineering Reference Manual index at ppi2pass.com/downloads.Comprehensive Environmental PE Exam Coverage
The Environmental Engineering Reference Manual
is the most comprehensive textbook for the NCEES Environmental PE exam. This book’s time-tested organization and clear explanations start with the basics to help you quickly get up to speed with common environmental engineering concepts. Together, the 58 chapters provide an in-depth review of important topics from the NCEES Environmental PE exam specifications. The extensive index contains thousands of entries, with multiple entries included for each topic, so you’ll find what you’re looking for no matter how you search.This book features:
- over 100 appendices containing essential support material
- over 500 clarifying examples
- thousands of equations, figures, and tables
- industry-standard terminology and nomenclature
- equal support of U.S. customary and SI units
After you pass your exam, the Environmental Engineering Reference Manual
will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your environmental engineering career.
|Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond, Volume 1, 2nd Edition: Guiding Principles to Welcome Rain into Your Life and Landscape
Lowest new price: $20.35
Lowest used price: $20.98
List price: $29.95
Author: Brad Lancaster
Brand: Lancaster Brad
The award-winning Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond, Volume 1, 2nd Edition: Guiding Principles to Welcome Rain into Your Life and Landscape, is the first book in a three-volume guide that teaches you how to conceptualize, design, and implement sustainable water-harvesting systems for your home, landscape, and community. The lessons in this volume will enable you to assess your on-site resources, give you a diverse array of strategies to maximize their potential, and empower you with guiding principles to create an integrated, multi-functional water-harvesting plan specific to your site and needs.
This revised and expanded second edition increases potential for on-site harvests with more integrated tools and strategies for solar design, a primer on your water/energy/carbon connections, descriptions of water/erosion flow patterns and their water-harvesting response, and updated illustrations to show you how to do it all.
Volume 1 helps bring your site to life, reduce your cost of living, endow you with skills of self-reliance, and create living air conditioners of vegetation, growing beauty, food, and wildlife habitat. Stories of people who are successfully welcoming rain into their life and landscape will encourage you to do the same!
- Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond (Vol. 2): Water-Harvesting Earthworks
- Water Storage: Tanks, Cisterns, Aquifers, and Ponds for Domestic Supply, Fire and Emergency Use--Includes How to Make Ferrocement Water Tanks
- The New Create an Oasis with Greywater 6th Ed: Integrated Design for Water Conservation, Reuse, Rainwater Harvesting, and Sustainable Landscaping
- Gardening with Less Water: Low-Tech, Low-Cost Techniques; Use up to 90% Less Water in Your Garden
- Gaia's Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture, 2nd Edition
- The Humanure Handbook: A Guide to Composting Human Manure, Third Edition
- Permaculture: A Designers' Manual
- Builder's Greywater Guide: Installation, Standards, and Science for Builders, Landscapers, Regulators, Policymakers, Researchers, and Homeowners- ... to the book "Create an Oasis with Greywater"
- Permaculture Design: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Resilient Farm and Homestead: An Innovative Permaculture and Whole Systems Design Approach
Page 1 of 1270
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.