|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum
Lowest new price: $12.42
Lowest used price: $9.99
List price: $18.99
Author: Leonard Susskind
Brand: Basic Books AZ
From the bestselling author of The Theoretical Minimum, a DIY introduction to the math and science of quantum mechanics.
First he taught you classical mechanics. Now, physicist Leonard Susskind has teamed up with data engineer Art Friedman to present the theory and associated mathematics of the strange world of quantum mechanics.
In this follow-up to the New York Times best-selling The Theoretical Minimum, Susskind and Friedman provide a lively introduction to this famously difficult field, which attempts to understand the behavior of sub-atomic objects through mathematical abstractions. Unlike other popularizations that shy away from quantum mechanics' weirdness, Quantum Mechanics embraces the utter strangeness of quantum logic. The authors offer crystal-clear explanations of the principles of quantum states, uncertainty and time dependence, entanglement, and particle and wave states, among other topics, and each chapter includes exercises to ensure mastery of each area. Like The Theoretical Minimum, this volume runs parallel to Susskind's eponymous Stanford University-hosted continuing education course.
An approachable yet rigorous introduction to a famously difficult topic, Quantum Mechanics provides a tool kit for amateur scientists to learn physics at their own pace.
|Basic Physics: A Self-Teaching Guide
Lowest new price: $14.93
Lowest used price: $10.02
List price: $22.95
Brand: Karl F Kuhn
The fast, easy way to master the fundamentals of physics
Here is the most practical, complete, and easy-to-use guide available for understanding physics and the physical world. Even if you don't consider yourself a "science" person, this book helps make learning key concepts a pleasure, not a chore. Whether you need help in a course, want to review the basics for an exam, or simply have always been curious about such physical phenomena as energy, sound, electricity, light, and color, you've come to the right place! This fully up-to-date edition of Basic Physics:
* Has been tested, rewritten, and retested to ensure that you can teach yourself all about physics
* Requires no math--mathematical treatments and applications are included in optional sections so that you can choose either a mathematical or nonmathematical approach
* Lets you work at your own pace with a helpful question-and-answer format
* Lists objectives for each chapter--you can skip ahead or find extra help if you need it
* Reinforces what you learn with end-of-chapter self-tests
- Basic Physics A Self Teaching Guide
|Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam, 13th Ed
Lowest new price: $217.23
Lowest used price: $184.99
List price: $440.00
Author: Michael R. Lindeburg PE
Brand: Brand: Professional Publications, Inc.
Comprehensive Mechanical Engineering Coverage You Can Trust
The Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual
is the most comprehensive textbook for the Mechanical PE exam. This book’s time-tested organization and clear explanations start with the basics to help you quickly get up to speed on common mechanical engineering concepts. Together, the 76 chapters provide an in-depth review of NCEES Mechanical PE exam topics. The extensive index contains thousands of terms, most indexed in a variety of ways, in anticipation of how you’ll search for them.Features of the Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual:
- over 120 appendices containing essential support material
- over 375 clarifying example problems
- thousands of equations, figures, and tables
- industry-standard terminology and nomenclature
- equal support of U.S. customary and SI units
After you pass your exam, the Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual
will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your mechanical engineering career.Topics Covered:
What’s New in This Edition
- Dynamics and Vibrations: Kinematics; Kinetics; Power Transmission Systems; Vibrating Systems
- Materials: Engineering Materials Properties and Testing; Thermal Treatment of Metals
- Fluids: Fluid Properties; Fluid Statics; Fluid Flow Parameters; Fluid Dynamics; Hydraulic Machines
- Power Cycles: Vapor, Combustion, and Nuclear Power Cycles; Refrigeration and Gas Compression Cycles
- HVAC: Psychrometrics; Fans, Ductwork, and Ventilation; Heating and Cooling Loads; Air Conditioning Systems
- Heat Transfer: Natural Convection; Evaporation; Condensation; Forced Convection; Radiation
- Machine Design: Basic and Advanced Machine Design; Pressure Vessels
- Thermodynamics: Inorganic Chemistry; Fuels and Combustion; Properties of Substances
- Control Systems: Modeling and Analysis of Engineering Systems
- Plant Engineering: Manufacturing Processes; Instrumentation and Measurements; Materials Handling and Processing; Fire Protection Systems; Environmental Pollutants and Remediation; Hazardous Material Storage and Disposal
- Fundamentals: Math Review; Probability; Statics; Engineering Economic Analysis
- Law and Ethics: Engineering Law; Ethics
- 36 chapters with new material, and 46 chapters with revisions to existing material
- 300 new equations, and 128 updated equations
- 27 new tables, and 31 updated tables
- 7 new examples, and 34 updated examples
- 10 new appendices, and 27 updated appendices
- 35 new figures, and 28 updated figures
- 1,094 new index entries, and 108 updated index entires
- Book has some highlight on chapters 17 and 18.
|Reactions: An Illustrated Exploration of Elements, Molecules, and Change in the Universe
Lowest new price: $21.10
Lowest used price: $11.55
List price: $29.99
Author: Theodore Gray
The long-awaited third installment in Theodore Gray's iconic "Elements" trilogy. The first two titles, Elements and Molecules, have sold more than 1.5 million copies worldwide.
With Reactions bestselling author Theodore Gray continues the journey through our molecular and chemical world that began with the tour de force The Elements and continued with Molecules. In The Elements, Gray gave us a never-before-seen, mesmerizing photographic view of the 118 elements in the periodic table. In Molecules, with the same phenomenal photographic acumen, plus beautifully rendered computer generated graphics, he showed us how the elements combine to form the content that makes up our universe, from table salt to oxygen to the panoply of colors and smells that surround us.
At last, we've reached Reactions, in which Gray once again puts his photography and storytelling to work demonstrating how molecules interact in ways that are essential to our very existence. The book begins with a brief recap of elements and molecules and then goes on to explain important concepts the characterize a chemical reaction, including Energy, Entropy, and Time. It is then organized by type of reaction including chapters such as "Fantastic Reactions and Where to Find Them," "On the Origin of Light and Color," "The Boring Chapter," in which we learn about reactions such as paint drying, grass growing, and water boiling, and "The Need for Speed," including topics such as weather, ignition, and fire.
|The Theoretical Minimum: What You Need to Know to Start Doing Physics
Lowest new price: $9.45
Lowest used price: $7.65
List price: $16.99
Author: Leonard Susskind
Brand: Basic Books AZ
A Wall Street Journal Best Book of 2013
If you ever regretted not taking physics in college--or simply want to know how to think like a physicist--this is the book for you. In this bestselling introduction, physicist Leonard Susskind and hacker-scientist George Hrabovsky offer a first course in physics and associated math for the ardent amateur. Challenging, lucid, and concise, The Theoretical Minimum provides a tool kit for amateur scientists to learn physics at their own pace.
|5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics 1: Algebra-Based, 2018 Edition (5 Steps to a 5 Ap Physics 1 & 2)
Lowest new price: $11.82
Lowest used price: $10.84
List price: $18.00
Author: Greg Jacobs
Brand: Jacobs Greg
Get ready to ace your AP Physics 1 Exam with this easy-to-follow, multi-platform study guide
5 Steps to a 5: AP Physics 1 introduces an easy to follow, effective 5-step study plan to help you build the skills, knowledge, and test-taking confidence you need to achieve a high score on the exam. This wildly popular test prep guide matches the latest course syllabus and the latest exam. You'll get online help, three full-length practice tests (two in the book and one online), detailed answers to each question, study tips, information on how the exam is scores, and much more.
Because this guide is accessible in print and digital formats, you can study online, via your mobile device, straight from the book, or any combination of the three.
5 Steps to a 5: AP Physics 1 2018 features:
• New: Access to the entire Cross-Platform Prep Course in Physics 1
• 3 Practice Exams (2 in the book + 1 online)
• An interactive, customizable AP Planner app to help you organize your time
• Powerful analytics you can use to assess your test readiness
• Flashcards, games, and more
- 5 Steps to a 5 AP Physics 1 Algebra Based 2018 Edition
Lowest new price: $9.65
Lowest used price: $3.75
List price: $18.00
Author: Carl Sagan
Brand: Carl Sagan
RETURNING TO TELEVISION AS AN ALL-NEW MINISERIES ON FOX
Cosmos is one of the bestselling science books of all time. In clear-eyed prose, Sagan reveals a jewel-like blue world inhabited by a life form that is just beginning to discover its own identity and to venture into the vast ocean of space. Featuring a new Introduction by Sagan’s collaborator, Ann Druyan, full color illustrations, and a new Foreword by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, Cosmos retraces the fourteen billion years of cosmic evolution that have transformed matter into consciousness, exploring such topics as the origin of life, the human brain, Egyptian hieroglyphics, spacecraft missions, the death of the Sun, the evolution of galaxies, and the forces and individuals who helped to shape modern science.
Praise for Cosmos
“Magnificent . . . With a lyrical literary style, and a range that touches almost all aspects of human knowledge, Cosmos often seems too good to be true.”—The Plain Dealer
“Sagan is an astronomer with one eye on the stars, another on history, and a third—his mind’s—on the human condition.”—Newsday
“Brilliant in its scope and provocative in its suggestions . . . shimmers with a sense of wonder.”—The Miami Herald
“Sagan dazzles the mind with the miracle of our survival, framed by the stately galaxies of space.”—Cosmopolitan
“Enticing . . . iridescent . . . imaginatively illustrated.”—The New York Times Book Review
Cosmos was the first science TV blockbuster, and Carl Sagan was its (human) star. By the time of Sagan's death in 1996, the series had been seen by half a billion people; Sagan was perhaps the best-known scientist on the planet. Explaining how the series came about, Sagan recalled:
I was positive from my own experience that an enormous global interest exists in the exploration of the planets and in many kindred scientific topics--the origin of life, the Earth, and the Cosmos, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, our connection with the universe. And I was certain that this interest could be excited through that most powerful communications medium, television.
Sagan's own interest and enthusiasm for the universe were so vivid and infectious, his screen presence so engaging, that viewers and readers couldn't help but be caught up in his vision. From stars in their "billions and billions" to the amino acids in the primordial ocean, Sagan communicated a feeling for science as a process of discovery. Inevitably, some of the science in Cosmos has been outdated in the years since 1980--but Sagan's sense of wonder is ageless. --Mary Ellen Curtin
|The Feynman Lectures on Physics, boxed set: The New Millennium Edition
Lowest new price: $142.78
Lowest used price: $102.45
List price: $230.00
Author: Richard P. Feynman
Brand: Richard P Feynman
"The whole thing was basically an experiment," Richard Feynman said late in his career, looking back on the origins of his lectures. The experiment turned out to be hugely successful, spawning a book that has remained a definitive introduction to physics for decades. Ranging from the most basic principles of Newtonian physics through such formidable theories as general relativity and quantum mechanics, Feynman's lectures stand as a monument of clear exposition and deep insight. Now, we are reintroducing the printed books to the trade, fully corrected, for the first time ever, and in collaboration with Caltech. Timeless and collectible, the lectures are essential reading, not just for students of physics but for anyone seeking an introduction to the field from the inimitable Feynman.
- The Feynman Lectures on Physics The New Millennium Edition
|Cracking the AP Physics C Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
Lowest new price: $11.60
Lowest used price: $13.54
List price: $19.99
Author: Princeton Review
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO HELP SCORE A PERFECT 5! Ace the AP Physics C Exam with this comprehensive study guide—including 2 full-length practice tests with complete answer explanations, thorough content reviews, targeted exam strategies, and access to our AP Connect portal online.
Written by the experts at The Princeton Review, Cracking the AP Physics C Exam arms you to take on the test and achieve your highest possible score.
Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
• Comprehensive content reviews for all test topics
• Tons of charts and figures to illustrate important concepts
• Engaging activities to help you critically assess your progress
• Access to AP Connect, our online portal for helpful pre-college information and exam updates
Practice Your Way to Excellence.
• 2 full-length practice tests with detailed answer explanations
• Practice drills at the end of each content review chapter
• Step-by-step walk-throughs of sample Mechanics and Electricity & Magnetism exam questions
• Diagnostic answer key to help focus your studies
Techniques That Actually Work.
• Tried-and-true strategies to help you avoid traps and beat the test
• Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
• Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
|Quantum Entanglement for Babies (Baby University)
Lowest new price: $6.91
Lowest used price: $3.48
List price: $9.99
Author: Chris Ferrie
Simple explanations of complex ideas for your future genius!
Written by an expert, Quantum Entanglement for Babies is a colorfully simple introduction to one of nature's weirdest phenomenons. Babies (and grownups!) will learn about the wild world of quantum particles. With a tongue-in-cheek approach that adults will love, this installment of the Baby University board book series is the perfect way to introduce basic concepts to even the youngest scientists. After all, it's never too early to become a quantum physicist!
Baby University: It only takes a small spark to ignite a child's mind.
Page 4 of 21506
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.