|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, & Human Enhancement Herald The Dawn Of Techno-Dimensional Spiritual Warfare
Lowest new price: $9.00
Lowest used price: $0.50
List price: $16.95
Author: Thomas R. Horn
While Forbidden Gates includes fresh insights for traditional, tried and true methods of overcoming darkness, it also unveils for the first time how breakthrough advances in science, technology, and philosophy including cybernetics, bio-engineering, nanotechnology, machine intelligence, synthetic biology, and transhumanism will combine to create mind-boggling game-changes to everything you have ever known about spiritual warfare. How so? In recent years, astonishing technological developments have pushed the frontiers of humanity toward far-reaching morphological transformation that promises in the very near future to redefine what it means to be human. An international, intellectual and fast-growing cultural movement known as transhumanism intends the use of genetics, robotics, artificial intelligence and nanotechnology (GRIN technologies) as tools that will radically redesign our minds, our memories, our physiology, our offspring, and even perhaps, as Joel Garreau in his bestselling book Radical Evolution claims, our very souls. The technological, cultural, and metaphysical shift now under way unapologetically forecasts a future dominated by this new species of unrecognizably superior humans, and applications under study now to make this dream reality are being funded by thousands of government and private research facilities around the world. As the reader will learn, this includes among other things rewriting human DNA and combining men with beasts, a fact that some university studies and transhumanists believe will not only alter our bodies and souls but could ultimately open a door to contact with unseen intelligence. As a result, new modes of perception between things visible and invisible are expected to challenge the Church in ways that are historically and theologically unprecedented. Without comprehending what is quickly approaching in related disciplines of research and development, vast numbers of believers could be paralyzed by the most fantastic and most far reaching supernatural implications. The destiny of each individual as well as the future of their family will depend on their knowledge of the new paradigm and their preparedness to face it head on.
- Corrupting the Image Book: Angels, Aliens, and the Antichrist Revealed
- On the Path of the Immortals: Exo-Vaticana, Project L. U. C. I. F. E. R. , and the Strategic Locations Where Entities Await the Appointed Time
- Saboteurs: How Secret, Deep State Occultists Are Manipulating American Society Through A Washington-Based Shadow Government In Quest Of The Final World Order!
- Exo-Vaticana : Petrus Romanus, Project L.U.C.I.F.E.R. And the Vatican's Astonishing Plan for the Arrival of an Alien Savior
- Abaddon Ascending: The Ancient Conspiracy at the Center of CERN'S Most Secretive Mission
- Blood on the Altar: The Coming War Between Christian vs. Christian
- Genesis and the Synchronized, Biblically Endorsed, Extra-Biblical Texts
- Archon Invasion: The Rise, Fall and Return of the Nephilim (Volume 1)
- Unearthing the Lost World of the Cloudeaters: Compelling Evidence of the Incursion of Giants, Their Extraordinary Technology, and Imminent Return
- The Final Roman Emperor, the Islamic Antichrist, and the Vatican's Last Crusade
|Micromanufacturing Engineering and Technology (Micro and Nano Technologies)
Lowest new price: $156.90
Lowest used price: $203.32
List price: $225.00
Author: Yi Qin
This book presents applicable knowledge of technology, equipment and applications, and the core economic issues of micromanufacturing for anyone with a basic understanding of manufacturing, material, or product engineering.
It explains micro-engineering issues (design, systems, materials, market and industrial development), technologies, facilities, organization, competitiveness, and innovation with an analysis of future potential.
The machining, forming, and joining of miniature / micro-products are all covered in depth, covering: grinding/milling, laser applications, and photo chemical etching; embossing (hot & UV), injection molding and forming (bulk, sheet, hydro, laser); mechanical assembly, laser joining, soldering, and packaging.
• Presents case studies, material and design considerations, working principles, process configurations, and information on tools, equipment, parameters and control
• Explains the many facets of recently emerging additive / hybrid technologies and systems, incl: photo-electric-forming, liga, surface treatment, and thin film fabrication
• Outlines system engineering issues pertaining to handling, metrology, testing, integration & software
• Explains widely used micro parts in bio / medical industry, information technology and automotive engineering.
• Covers technologies in high demand, such as: micro-mechanical-cutting, lasermachining, micro-forming, micro-EDM, micro-joining, photo-chemical-etching, photo-electro-forming, and micro-packaging
|Leakage in Nanometer CMOS Technologies (Integrated Circuits and Systems)
Lowest new price: $214.48
Lowest used price: $128.50
List price: $249.99
Covers in detail promising solutions at the device, circuit, and architecture levels of abstraction after first explaining the sensitivity of the various MOS leakage sources to these conditions from the first principles.
Also treated are the resulting effects so the reader understands the effectiveness of leakage power reduction solutions under these different conditions.
Case studies supply real-world examples that reap the benefits of leakage power reduction solutions as the book highlights different device design choices that exist to mitigate increases in the leakage components as technology scales.
|Transmission Electron Microscopy: A Textbook for Materials Science (4 Vol set)
Lowest new price: $56.00
Lowest used price: $48.83
List price: $99.00
Author: David B. Williams
This profusely illustrated text on Transmission Electron Microscopy provides the necessary instructions for successful hands-on application of this versatile materials characterization technique. The new edition also includes an extensive collection of questions for the student, providing approximately 800 self-assessment questions and over 400 questions suitable for homework assignment.
|Nanotechnology in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
Lowest new price: $78.00
Lowest used price: $26.47
List price: $165.00
Although nanotechnology applied to medicine has a potentially huge impact on drug delivery and tissue engineering, significant challenges need to be resolved before clinically viable nanomedicine or nanobiomedicine therapies will be available. Skillfully edited, with contributions from an expert panel of researchers, Nanotechnology in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine discusses the use of nanotechnology for medical applications with a focus on its use for drug delivery and tissue engineering. It sheds light on the challenges facing the field and examines cutting-edge research that may provide solutions.
Topics covered include:
- Patterning of biomimetic substrates with AFM lithography, primarily focusing on DPN Nanotemplating polymer melts
- Nanotechnology-based approaches in the treatment of injuries to tendons and ligaments
- Progress in the use of electrospinning processing techniques for fabricating nanofiber scaffolds for neural applications
- Nanotopography techniques for tissue-engineered scaffolds and the effects of nanotopography on cells and tissues
- Vertically aligned TiO2 nanotube surface structuring for optimization of Ti implants utilizing nanotechnology
- Applications originating from the harmony of nanotechnology to biological systems, especially for the regeneration in the nervous system
- Current understanding of the mechanisms by which cells sense nano-scale structure at the molecular level and how this understanding can be useful in developing novel antifouling materials
While there are books available on tissue engineering and nanotechnology and others about regenerative medicine, most do not comprehensively cover applications of nanotechnology to both these areas. Focusing chiefly on drug delivery, tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine, the book uses an application-based approach to relate laboratory-based research to the development of technologies that can be readily adaptable to an industrial environment.
|Thermal Energy At The Nanoscale (Lessons from Nanoscience: A Lecture Note Series) (Volume 3)
Lowest new price: $38.00
Lowest used price: $41.62
List price: $38.00
Author: Timothy S Fisher
Brand: Timothy S Fisher
These lecture notes provide a detailed treatment of the thermal energy storage and transport by conduction in natural and fabricated structures. Thermal energy in two carriers, i.e. phonons and electrons - are explored from first principles. For solid-state transport, a common Landauer framework is used for heat flow. Issues including the quantum of thermal conductance, ballistic interface resistance, and carrier scattering are elucidated. Bulk material properties, such as thermal and electrical conductivity, are derived from particle transport theories, and the effects of spatial confinement on these properties are established.
- Thermal Energy at the Nanoscale
|Introduction to Wave Scattering, Localization and Mesoscopic Phenomena (Springer Series in Materials Science)
Lowest new price: $201.60
Lowest used price: $236.17
List price: $219.99
Author: Ping Sheng
Waves represent a classic topic of study in physics, mathematics, and engineering. Many modern technologies are based on our understanding of waves and their interaction with matter. In the past thirty years there have been some revolutionary developments in the study of waves. The present volume is the only available source which details these developments in a systematic manner, with the aim of reaching a broad audience of non-experts. It is an important resource book for those interested in understanding the physics underlying nanotechnology and mesoscopic phenomena, as well as for bridging the gap between the textbooks and research frontiers in any wave related topic. A special feature of this volume is the treatment of classical and quantum mechanical waves within a unified framework, thus facilitating an understanding of similarities and differences between the two.
|Additive Manufacturing of Metals: From Fundamental Technology to Rocket Nozzles, Medical Implants, and Custom Jewelry (Springer Series in Materials Science)
Lowest new price: $71.02
Lowest used price: $87.08
List price: $109.00
Author: John O. Milewski
This engaging volume presents the exciting new technology of additive manufacturing (AM) of metal objects for a broad audience of academic and industry researchers, manufacturing professionals, undergraduate and graduate students, hobbyists, and artists. Innovative applications ranging from rocket nozzles to custom jewelry to medical implants illustrate a new world of freedom in design and fabrication, creating objects otherwise not possible by conventional means.
The author describes the various methods and advanced metals used to create high value components, enabling readers to choose which process is best for them. Of particular interest is how harnessing the power of lasers, electron beams, and electric arcs, as directed by advanced computer models, robots, and 3D printing systems, can create otherwise unattainable objects.
A timeline depicting the evolution of metalworking, accelerated by the computer and information age, ties AM metal technology to the rapid evolution of global technology trends. Charts, diagrams, and illustrations complement the text to describe the diverse set of technologies brought together in the AM processing of metal. Extensive listing of terms, definitions, and acronyms provides the reader with a quick reference guide to the language of AM metal processing. The book directs the reader to a wealth of internet sites providing further reading and resources, such as vendors and service providers, to jump start those interested in taking the first steps to establishing AM metal capability on whatever scale. The appendix provides hands-on example exercises for those ready to engage in experiential self-directed learning.
- Additive Manufacturing of Metals: The Technology, Materials, Design and Production (Springer Series in Advanced Manufacturing)
- Additive Manufacturing Technologies: 3D Printing, Rapid Prototyping, and Direct Digital Manufacturing
- 3D Printing And Additive Manufacturing: Principles And Applications - Fifth Edition Of Rapid Prototyping
- The 3D Printing Handbook: Technologies, design and applications
- Design for 3D Printing: Scanning, Creating, Editing, Remixing, and Making in Three Dimensions
- A Hands-On Introduction to Topology Optimization
- 3D Printing Failures: How to Diagnose and Repair All 3D Printing Issues
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: A Practical Approach
- Motors for Makers: A Guide to Steppers, Servos, and Other Electrical Machines
- Design for Manufacturability Handbook
|Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering: Physics and Applications (Topics in Applied Physics)
Lowest new price: $243.72
Lowest used price: $230.99
List price: $299.99
Almost 30 years after the first reports on surface-enhanced Raman signals, the phenomenon of surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) is now well established. SERS gained particular interest after single-molecule Raman spectroscopy had been demonstrated. This book summarizes and discusses present theoretical approaches that explain the phenomenon of SERS and reports on new and exciting experiments and applications of the fascinating spectroscopic effect.
|Nanoscale Energy Transport and Conversion: A Parallel Treatment of Electrons, Molecules, Phonons, and Photons (MIT-Pappalardo Series in Mechanical Engineering)
Lowest new price: $173.03
Lowest used price: $125.99
List price: $220.00
Author: Gang Chen
This is a graduate level textbook in nanoscale heat transfer and energy conversion that can also be used as a reference for researchers in the developing field of nanoengineering. It provides a comprehensive overview of microscale heat transfer, focusing on thermal energy storage and transport. Chen broadens the readership by incorporating results from related disciplines, from the point of view of thermal energy storage and transport, and presents related topics on the transport of electrons, phonons, photons, and molecules. This book is part of the MIT-Pappalardo Series in Mechanical Engineering.
Page 2 of 527
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.