|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Principles of Plasma Discharges and Materials Processing, 2nd Edition
Lowest new price: $149.24
Lowest used price: $92.05
List price: $191.00
Author: Michael A. Lieberman
A Thorough Update of the Industry Classic on Principles of Plasma Processing
The first edition of Principles of Plasma Discharges and Materials Processing, published over a decade ago, was lauded for its complete treatment of both basic plasma physics and industrial plasma processing, quickly becoming the primary reference for students and professionals.
The Second Edition has been carefully updated and revised to reflect recent developments in the field and to further clarify the presentation of basic principles. Along with in-depth coverage of the fundamentals of plasma physics and chemistry, the authors apply basic theory to plasma discharges, including calculations of plasma parameters and the scaling of plasma parameters with control parameters.
New and expanded topics include:
* Updated cross sections
* Diffusion and diffusion solutions
* Generalized Bohm criteria
* Expanded treatment of dc sheaths
* Langmuir probes in time-varying fields
* Electronegative discharges
* Pulsed power discharges
* Dual frequency discharges
* High-density rf sheaths and ion energy distributions
* Hysteresis and instabilities
* Helicon discharges
* Hollow cathode discharges
* Ionized physical vapor deposition
* Differential substrate charging
With new chapters on dusty plasmas and the kinetic theory of discharges, graduate students and researchers in the field of plasma processing should find this new edition more valuable than ever.
|Intermolecular and Surface Forces, Third Edition
Lowest new price: $96.05
Lowest used price: $63.70
List price: $115.00
Author: Jacob N. Israelachvili
Intermolecular and Surface Forces describes the role of various intermolecular and interparticle forces in determining the properties of simple systems such as gases, liquids and solids, with a special focus on more complex colloidal, polymeric and biological systems. The book provides a thorough foundation in theories and concepts of intermolecular forces, allowing researchers and students to recognize which forces are important in any particular system, as well as how to control these forces. This third edition is expanded into three sections and contains five new chapters over the previous edition.
- Starts from the basics and builds up to more complex systems
- Covers all aspects of intermolecular and interparticle forces both at the fundamental and applied levels
- Multidisciplinary approach: bringing together and unifying phenomena from different fields
- This new edition has an expanded Part III and new chapters on non-equilibrium (dynamic) interactions, and tribology (friction forces)
- Principles of Colloid and Surface Chemistry (Undergraduate Chemistry : a Series of Textbooks, Vol 9)
- Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering (5th Edition) (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
- The Colloidal Domain: Where Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Technology Meet
- Process Dynamics and Control
- Capillarity and Wetting Phenomena: Drops, Bubbles, Pearls, Waves
- The Theory of Polymer Dynamics (International Series of Monographs on Physics)
- Chemical Process Safety: Fundamentals with Applications (3rd Edition) (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
- Scaling Concepts in Polymer Physics
- Molecular Driving Forces: Statistical Thermodynamics in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Nanoscience, 2nd Edition
- Physics and Chemistry of Interfaces
|Chemistry of Pyrotechnics: Basic Principles and Theory, Second Edition
Lowest new price: $80.35
Lowest used price: $74.74
List price: $120.00
Author: Chris Mocella
Brand: CRC Press
Primarily driven by advancing technology and concerns for safety, advancement in the world of pyrotechnics and high-energy materials has exploded in the past 25 years. The promulgation of new government regulations places new and more stringent restrictions on the materials that may be used in energetic mixtures. These regulations now mandate numerous training programs, and initiate other actions, such as OSHA’s Process Safety Management standard, intended to eliminate accidents and incidents. Unfortunately, the US lacks an organized, broad-range academic program to cover the science and use of energetic materials and educate the next generation of pyrotechnicians.
Designed as a bridge to allow a smooth and confident transition for personnel coming from a chemistry background into the practical world of explosives, Chemistry of Pyrotechnics: Basic Principles and Theory, Second Edition emphasizes basic chemical principles alongside practical, hands-on knowledge in the preparation of energetic mixtures. It examines the interactions between and adaptations of pyrotechnics to changing technology in areas such as obscuration science and low-signature flame emission.
Much more than a simple how-to guide, the book discusses chemical and pyrotechnic principles, components of high-energy mixtures, and elements of ignition, propagation, and sensitivity. It offers heat compositions, including ignition mixes, delays, thermites, and propellants and investigates the production of smoke and sound as well as light and color.
Promoting the growth and expansion of pyrotechnics as a science, Chemistry of Pyrotechnics: Basic Principles and Theory, Second Edition provides practitioners with the ability to apply chemical principles and logic to energetic materials and thereby make the field as productive, useful, and safe as possible.
Lowest new price: $3,943.01
Lowest used price: $395.00
List price: $105.00
Author: Nam P. Suh
|Interfacial Transport Phenomena
Lowest new price: $29.41
Lowest used price: $30.00
List price: $192.00
Author: John Charles Slattery
Interfacial Transport Phenomena refers to momentum, energy, mass, and entropy transfer within the immediate neighborhood of a phase interface. It includes such specific topics as the distribution of a surface- active species, interfacial tension and its gradient, the interfacial viscosities, interfacial thermodynamics, London-van der Waals forces, electrostatic forces, as well as many specific applications. The dominant theme is the translation of physical problems into mathematical terms. This book is written for the advanced student of transport phenomena. The emphasis is upon achieving an in-depth understanding based upon first principles. It is designed to prepare the reader for active research. It includes exercises and answers, and can serve as a graduate level textbook.
|Fractography: Observing, Measuring and Interpreting Fracture Surface Topography
Lowest new price: $92.09
Lowest used price: $60.00
List price: $113.00
Author: Derek Hull
Brand: Brand: Cambridge University Press
Fracture surfaces are produced when a solid breaks. The appearance of the surface, particularly the topography, depends on both the type of material broken and the conditions under which it was broken, such as stress, temperature, or environment. Fractography describes the ways of studying these surfaces. Coverage includes all the information needed to understand the deformation and fracture in all types of solids and to interpret the topographical features in terms of the microstructure and the way it was tested. It also provides details on how to design clear and unambiguous experiments that involve many aspects of fracture in a wide range of solids. This book is an invaluable resource for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers, industrial scientists, engineers, and anyone with an interest in materials science.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Introduction to Colloid and Surface Chemistry, Fourth Edition (Colloid & Surface Engineering S)
Lowest new price: $49.74
Lowest used price: $2.93
List price: $72.95
Author: Duncan Shaw
Brand: Brand: Butterworth-Heinemann
This thoroughly updated edition continues to provide a concise overall coverage of colloid and surface chemistry, intermediate between the brief accounts in physical chemistry textbooks and the comprehensive coverage in specialized treatises.
New information is included on the composition and structure of solid surfaces, dynamic light scattering, micro emulsions and colloid stability control. The book provides a sound, but easy to follow theoretical framework. It outlines relevant research techniques and considers technological applications. A basic knowledge of the principles of physical chemistry is assumed. It will appeal to a wide readership, both undergraduate and postgraduate students at universities and colleges of technology as well as scientists in industry who need a broad background in the subject.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Chemical Bonds Outside Metal Surfaces (Physics of Solids and Liquids)
Lowest new price: $29.50
Lowest used price: $1.20
List price: $139.99
Author: Norman H. March
The problem of molecules interacting with metal surfaces has for a very long time been recognized to be of considerable technological as well as fundamental importance. Thus in the former category, a substantial number of important synthetic reactions for industrial purposes make use of metal surfaces as catalysts. Or again, problems of corrosion of metals are of great practical importance, such as in nuclear-reactor technology [see, for instance, my earlier articles, in: Physics Bulletin, Volume 25, p. 582, Institute of Physics, UK (1974); and in: Physics and Contemporqry Needs (Riazuddin, ed. ), Vol. 1, p. 53, Plenum Press, New York (1977)]. It is therefore of significance to strive to gain a more fundamental understand ing of the atomic, and ultimately the electronic, processes that occur when a molecule is brought into the proximity of a metal surface. The present volume focuses mainly on the theory and concepts involved; however, it is intended for readers in chemistry, physics, and materials science who are not specialists in theory but nevertheless wish to learn more about this truly interdisciplinary area of theoretical science. The aim of the book is to present the way in which valence theory can be synthesized with the understanding of metals that has been gained over the last half century or so. While advanced theory has at times been necessary, is largely presented in an extensive set of Appendixes.
|Surface Science: Foundations of Catalysis and Nanoscience
Lowest new price: $55.15
Lowest used price: $54.59
List price: $86.00
Author: Kurt W. Kolasinski
Brand: Brand: Wiley
Surface science has evolved from being a sub-field of chemistry or physics, and has now established itself as an interdisciplinary topic. Knowledge has developed sufficiently that we can now understand catalysis from a surface science perspective. No-where is the underpinning nature of surface science better illustrated than with nanoscience.
Now in its third edition, this successful textbook aims to provide students with an understanding of chemical transformations and the formation of structures at surfaces. The chapters build from simple to more advanced principles with each featuring exercises, which act not only to demonstrate concepts arising in the text but also to form an integral part of the book, with the last eight chapters featuring worked solutions.
This completely revised and expanded edition features:
- More than 100 new pages of extensive worked solutions
- New topics, including: Second harmonic generation (SHG), Sum Frequency Generation (SFG) at interfaces and capillary waves
- An expanded treatment of charge transfer and carbon-based materials including graphene
- Extended ‘Frontiers and Challenges’ sections at the end of each chapter.
This text is suitable for all students taking courses in surface science in Departments of Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, as well as for researchers and professionals requiring an up-to-date review of the subject.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Silane Coupling Agents
Lowest new price: $140.48
Lowest used price: $46.67
List price: $179.99
Author: Edwin P. Plueddemann
Brand: Edwin P Plueddemann
* It has been rumored that a bumble bee has such aerodynamic deficiencies that it should be incapable of flight. Fiberglass-reinforced polymer com posites, similarly, have two (apparently) insurmountable obstacles to per formance: 1) Water can hydrolyze any conceivable bond between organic and inorganic phase, and 2) Stresses across the interface during temperature cycling (resulting from a mismatch in thermal expansion coefficients) may exceed the strength of one of the phases. Organofunctional silanes are hybrid organic-inorganic compounds that are used as coupling agents across the organic-inorganic interface to help overcome these two obstacles to composite performance. One of their functions is to use the hydrolytic action of water under equilibrium condi tions to relieve thermally induced stresses across the interface. If equilib rium conditions can be maintained, the two problems act to cancel each other out. Coupling agents are defined primarily as materials that improve the practical adhesive bond of polymer to mineral. This may involve an increase in true adhesion, but it may also involve improved wetting, rheology, and other handling properties. The coupling agent may also modify the inter phase region to strengthen the organic and inorganic boundary layers.
Page 1 of 55
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.