|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Hiking & Camping
|Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
Lowest new price: $8.79
Lowest used price: $10.75
List price: $16.99
Author: Dave Canterbury
Brand: Adams Media
A New York Times Bestseller in Sports and Travel!
The ultimate resource for experiencing the backcountry!
Written by survivalist expert Dave Canterbury, Bushcraft 101 gets you ready for your next backcountry trip with advice on making the most of your time outdoors. Based on the 5Cs of Survivability--cutting tools, covering, combustion devices, containers, and cordages--this valuable guide offers only the most important survival skills to help you craft resources from your surroundings and truly experience the beauty and thrill of the wilderness. Inside, you'll also discover detailed information on:
With Canterbury's guidance, you'll not only prepare yourself for any climate and situation, you'll also learn how to use the art of bushcraft to reconnect with nature in ways you've never imagined.
- Choosing the right items for your kit.
- Manufacturing needed tools and supplies.
- Collecting and cooking food.
- Protecting yourself from the elements.
- Bushcraft 101 A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
- Advanced Bushcraft: An Expert Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
- Bushcraft First Aid: A Field Guide to Wilderness Emergency Care
- The Bushcraft Field Guide to Trapping, Gathering, and Cooking in the Wild
- SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere
- Edible Wild Plants: A North American Field Guide to Over 200 Natural Foods
- Survival Hacks: Over 200 Ways to Use Everyday Items for Wilderness Survival
- überleben Zünden Fire Starter | 5/16”, 3/8” or 1/2” Thick Bushcraft Fire Steel with Handcrafted Wood Handle | 12,000-20,000 Strikes | Traditional Survival Ferro Rod | Neck Lanyard
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness
- Shelters, Shacks, and Shanties: The Classic Guide to Building Wilderness Shelters (Dover Books on Architecture)
- 100 Deadly Skills: Survival Edition: The SEAL Operative's Guide to Surviving in the Wild and Being Prepared for Any Disaster
|The Dangerous Book for Boys
Lowest new price: $5.00
Lowest used price: $2.65
List price: $16.99
Author: Conn Iggulden
Brand: William Morrow Company
The bestselling book—more than 1.5 million copies sold—for every boy from eight to eighty, covering essential boyhood skills such as building tree houses, learning how to fish, finding true north, and even answering the age old question of what the big deal with girls is—is soon to be an Amazon Prime Original Series created by Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) and Greg Mottola (Superbad).
The classic bestselling book for every boy from eight to eighty, covering essential boyhood skills such as building tree houses*, learning how to fish, finding true north, and even answering the age-old question of what the big deal with girls is.
In this digital age, there is still a place for knots, skimming stones and stories of incredible courage. This book recaptures Sunday afternoons, stimulates curiosity, and makes for great father-son activities. The brothers Conn and Hal have put together a wonderful collection of all things that make being young or young at heart fun—building go-carts and electromagnets, identifying insects and spiders, and flying the world's best paper airplanes.
Skills covered include:
The Greatest Paper Airplane in the World
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
The Five Knots Every Boy Should Know
Building a Treehouse*
Making a Bow and Arrow
Fishing (revised with US Fish)
Timers and Tripwires
Baseball's "Most Valuable Players"
Famous Battles-Including Lexington and Concord, The Alamo, and Gettysburg
Spies-Codes and Ciphers
Making a Go-Cart
Navajo Code Talkers' Dictionary
The States of the U.S.
Mountains of the U.S.
The Declaration of Independence
Making a Periscope
The Ten Commandments
Common US Trees
Timeline of American History
|Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $16.37
Lowest used price: $17.72
List price: $24.99
Author: Becky Lomax
They've been dubbed America's best idea for a reason: get inspired, get outdoors, and discover the wild beauty of the United States with Moon USA National Parks. Inside you'll find:
Whether you're trekking to striking vistas, rafting a wild river, or camping under the stars, find your park adventure with Moon USA National Parks.
- Coverage of all 59 national parks, from the misty mountains of the east and the redwoods of the west, to the glaciers of Alaska and volcanoes of Hawaii, organized by region
- Strategic lists and itineraries: Choose from lists of the best parks for hiking, wildlife, families, and scenic drives, or make your way down the list of the top ten national parks experiences across the country
- The best outdoor adventures in every park, including backpacking, biking, mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, and more, plus detailed hike descriptions and trail maps marked with distance, duration, effort level, and trailheads
- National parks road trips with driving times and advice for linking multiple parks, interesting stops between them, and nearby attractions and state parks
- Comprehensive planning resources: With detailed maps and transportation tips, you'll have the tools to explore each park or region individually, or visit multiple for an epic national parks trip
- Expert advice from former park guide Becky Lomax on how to avoid crowds, what time of year to visit, and where to stay inside and outside the parks, from campgrounds to hotels
- Know before you go: Find essential background on climate, terrain, wildlife, history, and safety precautions, plus practical information on park fees, passes, and reservations, including how to obtain and use a National Parks Pass
- Gorgeous, full-color photos throughout, plus a handy keepsake section for your national parks stamps and a detachable fold-out poster map
For more in-depth information on a specific park, check out Moon's national parks travel guides.
- 50 States, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do
- Road Trip USA: Cross-Country Adventures on America's Two-Lane Highways
- 2019 Rand McNally Large Scale Road Atlas
- National Geographic Complete National Parks of the United States, 2nd Edition: 400+ Parks, Monuments, Battlefields, Historic Sites, Scenic Trails, Recreation Areas, and Seashores
- National Geographic Guide to Scenic Highways and Byways, 5th Edition: The 300 Best Drives in the U.S.
- National Park Adventure Guide
- Mappinners The National Parks Scratch Off Travel Map (16x20 Wall-Size Edition)
- Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Including Jackson Hole (Travel Guide)
- Your Guide to the National Parks: The Complete Guide to all 59 National Parks (Second edition)
- National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks: The Experts' Guide to the Best Experiences Beyond the Tourist Trail (National Geographics Secrets of the National Parks)
|Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
Lowest new price: $5.00
Lowest used price: $0.22
List price: $16.95
Author: Cheryl Strayed
Brand: Random House
#1 NATIONAL BESTSELLER
At twenty-two, Cheryl Strayed thought she had lost everything. In the wake of her mother’s death, her family scattered and her own marriage was soon destroyed. Four years later, with nothing more to lose, she made the most impulsive decision of her life. With no experience or training, driven only by blind will, she would hike more than a thousand miles of the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert through California and Oregon to Washington State—and she would do it alone. Told with suspense and style, sparkling with warmth and humor, Wild powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddened, strengthened, and ultimately healed her.
One of the Best Books of the Year: NPR, The Boston Globe, Entertainment Weekly, Vogue, St. Louis Dispatch
- 102812 Has limited quantity available
|The Lost Art of Reading Nature's Signs: Use Outdoor Clues to Find Your Way, Predict the Weather, Locate Water, Track Animals―and Other Forgotten Skills (Natural Navigation)
Lowest new price: $5.00
Lowest used price: $5.71
List price: $16.95
Author: Tristan Gooley
Brand: Gooley Tristan
Turn Every Walk into a Game of Detection
When writer and navigator Tristan Gooley journeys outside, he sees a natural world filled with clues. The roots of a tree indicate the sun’s direction; the Big Dipper tells the time; a passing butterfly hints at the weather; a sand dune reveals prevailing wind; the scent of cinnamon suggests altitude; a budding flower points south. To help you understand nature as he does, Gooley shares more than 850 tips for forecasting, tracking, and more, gathered from decades spent walking the landscape around his home and around the world. Whether you’re walking in the country or city, along a coastline, or by night, this is the ultimate resource on what the land, sun, moon, stars, plants, animals, and clouds can reveal—if you only know how to look!
- The Lost Art of Reading Nature s Signs Use Outdoor Clues to Find Your Way Predict the Weather Locate Water Track Animals and Other Forgotten Skills
- The Natural Navigator: The Rediscovered Art of Letting Nature Be Your Guide
- How to Read Water: Clues and Patterns from Puddles to the Sea
- The Nature Instinct: Relearning Our Lost Intuition for the Inner Workings of the Natural World
- How to Read Nature: Awaken Your Senses to the Outdoors You've Never Noticed
- Wilderness Navigation: Finding Your Way Using Map, Compass, Altimeter & GPS (Mountaineers Outdoor Basics)
- The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative
- Emotional First Aid: Healing Rejection, Guilt, Failure, and Other Everyday Hurts
- Hiking Logbook: Hiking Journal With Prompts To Write In, Trail Log Book, Hiker's Journal, Hiking Journal, Hiking Log Book, Hiking Gifts, 6" x 9" Travel Size
- Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House
- Be Expert with Map and Compass, 3rd Edition
|Wanderlust 2019 Wall Calendar: Trekking the Road Less Traveled - Featuring Adventure Photography by Dan and Janine Patitucci
Lowest new price: $34.99
Lowest used price: $34.38
List price: $14.99
Author: Dan Patitucci
Brand: Amber Lotus
Celebrate the call of the open road with the Wanderlust: Trekking the Road Less Traveled wall calendar. Wanderlust illuminates the spirit of walking and the lure of adventures that await those who veer off the beaten path. Spectacular photographs of less-traveled paths by adventure photographers Dan and Janine Patitucci are paired with quotes from great walking enthusiasts past and present, including Ibn Battuta, John Muir, Gary Snyder, and Henry David Thoreau.
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- A year of spectacular nature photography from all over the world on your wall.
- The perfect gift for the hiking and outdoor enthusiast.
- Frameable artbook-quality printing.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of sustainably managed forests and recycled materials.
- Published by Amber Lotus, an independent carbon-negative US company that has planted more than half a million trees since 2008.
- This calendar features US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world's major religions.
One of the surest ways to rekindle our relationship with the outdoors is through the simple act of walking — not with thoughts of arriving somewhere but for the sole purpose and sheer enjoyment of the movement — to encounter nature with wide-open curiosity. So lace up your boots and enjoy a year of adventure and awakening with Wanderlust.
|SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere
Lowest new price: $14.52
Lowest used price: $13.01
List price: $21.99
Author: John 'Lofty' Wiseman
Brand: Harper Collins Pub
The ultimate guide to surviving anywhere, now updated with more than 100 pages of additional material, including a new chapter on urban survival
"A classic outdoor manual [that] addresses every conceivable disaster scenario. Don’t leave home without it”--Outside magazine
Revised to reflect the latest in survival knowledge and technology, and covering new topics such as urban survival and terrorism, the multimillion-copy worldwide bestseller SAS Survival Handbook by John "Lofty" Wiseman is the definitive resource for all campers, hikers, and outdoor adventurers. From basic campcraft and navigation to fear management and strategies for coping with any type of disaster, this complete course includes:
Being prepared: Understanding basic survival skills, like reading the weather, and preparation essentials, such as a pocket survival kit.
Making camp: Finding the best location, constructing the appropriate shelter, organizing camp, staying warm, and creating tools.
Food: What to eat, what to avoid, where to find it, and how to prepare it.
First aid: A comprehensive course in emergency/wilderness medicine, including how to maximize survival in any climate or when injured.
Disaster survival: How to react in the face of natural disasters and hostile situations—and how to survive if all services and supplies are cut off.
Self-defense: Arming yourself with basic hand-to-hand combat techniques.
Security: Protecting your family and property from intrusion, break-ins, and theft.
Climate & terrain: Overcoming any location, from the tropics to the poles, from the desert to the mountains and sea.
- Harper Collins Pub Sas Survival Handbook Revised by John Wiseman - 9780062378071
|Lonely Planet New Zealand (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $17.30
Lowest used price: $13.95
List price: $27.99
Author: Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s New Zealand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Glide through turquoise waters past pods of orcas in Bay of Islands; try black-water rafting in astonishing Waitomo Caves; watch the ground breathe steam in volcanic Rotorua; and hit the slopes in Queenstown and Wanaka – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s New Zealand:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Auckland, Bay of Islands & Northland, Waikato & the Coromandel Peninsula, Taupo & the Central Plateau, Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty, the East Coast, Wellington & Around, Marlborough & Nelson, the West Coast, Christchurch & Canterbury, Dunedin & Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka, Fiordland & Southland
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s New Zealand is our most comprehensive guide to the country, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Island or New Zealand’s South Island for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
|100 Deadly Skills: Survival Edition: The SEAL Operative's Guide to Surviving in the Wild and Being Prepared for Any Disaster
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $3.45
List price: $19.99
Author: Clint Emerson
From national bestselling author and retired Navy SEAL Clint Emerson comes the essential guide for surviving today’s emergencies—from navigating in the wild to staying alive in any disaster.
These 100 skills, adapted for civilians from actual field experiences of special forces operations, offer a complete hands-on and practical guide to help you survive in the wild no matter the climate or terrain; be prepared for any crisis; and have the critical life-saving knowledge for staying safe in any hostile environment or disaster.
Yesterday’s survival guide is no longer relevant. 100 Deadly Skills: Survival Edition is what you need for today’s world, combining survival hacks developed on the battlefield with the low-tech tools you have on hand. This book is your essential prep manual, from securing shelter, building fire, finding food, and navigating back to civilization no matter the environment to thinking like a special forces solider so that you can survive a hostage situation, an active shooter, a suicide bomber, or a terrorist threat on the subway, and even apply trauma medicine as a first responder.
Full of specific scenarios to help you get in the mindset of survival, 100 Deadly Skills: Survival Edition is better than a Swiss Army knife whether you’re lost at sea, forced to land a plane, fighting off a bear, or deciding whether to run, hide, or fight. Next to each skill are easy-to-grasp detailed illustrations, because when you need to survive the apocalypse, you don’t have time for complicated instructions.
- 100 Deadly Skills Survival Edition The SEAL Operative s Guide to Surviving in the Wild and Being Prepared for Any Disaster
|Meat Eater: Adventures from the Life of an American Hunter
Lowest new price: $12.90
Lowest used price: $13.39
List price: $18.00
Author: Steven Rinella
Brand: Brand: Spiegel n Grau
“Revelatory . . . With every chapter, you get a history lesson, a hunting lesson, a nature lesson and a cooking lesson. . . . Meat Eater offers an overabundance to savor.”—The New York Times Book Review
Steven Rinella grew up in Twin Lake, Michigan, the son of a hunter who taught his three sons to love the natural world the way he did. As a child, Rinella devoured stories of the American wilderness, especially the exploits of his hero, Daniel Boone. He began fishing at the age of three and shot his first squirrel at eight and his first deer at thirteen. He chose the colleges he went to by their proximity to good hunting ground, and he experimented with living solely off wild meat. As an adult, he feeds his family from the food he hunts.
Meat Eater chronicles Rinella’s lifelong relationship with nature and hunting through the lens of ten hunts, beginning when he was an aspiring mountain man at age ten and ending as a thirty-seven-year-old Brooklyn father who hunts in the remotest corners of North America. He tells of having a struggling career as a fur trapper just as fur prices were falling; of a dalliance with catch-and-release steelhead fishing; of canoeing in the Missouri Breaks in search of mule deer just as the Missouri River was freezing up one November; and of hunting the elusive Dall sheep in the glaciated mountains of Alaska.
Through each story, Rinella grapples with themes such as the role of the hunter in shaping America, the vanishing frontier, the ethics of killing, the allure of hunting trophies, the responsibilities that human predators have to their prey, and the disappearance of the hunter himself as Americans lose their connection with the way their food finds its way to their tables. Hunting, he argues, is intimately connected with our humanity; assuming responsibility for acquiring the meat that we eat, rather than entrusting it to proxy executioners, processors, packagers, and distributors, is one of the most respectful and exhilarating things a meat eater can do.
A thrilling storyteller with boundless interesting facts and historical information about the land, the natural world, and the history of hunting, Rinella also includes after each chapter a section of “Tasting Notes” that draws from his thirty-plus years of eating and cooking wild game, both at home and over a campfire. In Meat Eater he paints a loving portrait of a way of life that is part of who we are as humans and as Americans.
Praise for Meat Eater
“Full of empathy and intelligence . . . In some sections of the book, the author’s prose is so engrossing, so riveting, that it matches, punch for punch, the best sports writing.”—The Wall Street Journal
“Steven Rinella is one of the best nature writers of the last decade. . . . This book was a page-turner.”—Tim Ferris
“Rinella’s writing is unerringly smart, direct, and sharply detailed.”—The Boston Globe
“A unique and valuable alternate view of where our food comes from.”—Anthony Bourdain
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 1 of 3058
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.