|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Hiking & Camping
|The Campout Cookbook: Inspired Recipes for Cooking Around the Fire and Under the Stars
Lowest new price: $10.14
Lowest used price: $13.31
List price: $19.95
Author: Marnie Hanel
Forget freeze-dried astronaut meals and bags of stale, store-bought gorp. Finally, here’s a cookbook that complements the magic of gathering around a campfire and sharing a meal with friends. From the IACP Award–winning authors of The Picnic, which brought taste and style to eating outdoors (in the daytime), comes its companion, for leaving civilization behind and dining under the stars. A mix of dishes to make ahead and meals to cook on-site, The Campout Cookbook includes more than 75 recipes for wood-fired skillet pizzas; backcountry stews and chilies; fire-roasted vegetables and cast-iron breads; unexpected dips, jerkies, and high-energy bars; breakfasts to satisfy that yawning hunger that comes from sleeping in the fresh air; s’mores, of course (including Vanilla Bean Dream Marshmallows & Co. and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Caramel Fire-Ban S’mores); and cocktails, coolers, warm libations for chilly nights, and a Blood Orange Bug Juice.
Plus there’s inspiration and know-how for every avid camper and enthusiastic neophyte: How to find a suitable campsite and build a campfire specifically for cooking over, and how to keep it going. Stargazing for city slickers. A troubleshooting guide. And the definitive packing list and camp kitchen essentials. Just add a few scary stories for a truly memorable campout.
- Feast by Firelight: Simple Recipes for Camping, Cabins, and the Great Outdoors
- The Picnic: Recipes and Inspiration from Basket to Blanket
- The New Camp Cookbook: Gourmet Grub for Campers, Road Trippers, and Adventurers
- Dirty Gourmet: Food for Your Outdoor Adventures
- The Camp & Cabin Cookbook: 100 Recipes to Prepare Wherever You Go
- Farm from Home: A Year of Stories, Pictures, and Recipes from a City Girl in the Country
- Craft Beef: A Revolution of Small Farms and Big Flavors
- Repertoire: All the Recipes You Need
- Jerky: The Fatted Calf's Guide to Preserving and Cooking Dried Meaty Goods
- Easy Campfire Cooking: 200+ Family Fun Recipes for Cooking Over Coals and In the Flames with a Dutch Oven, Foil Packets, and More! (Fox Chapel Publishing) Recipes for Camping, Scouting, and Bonfires
|Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder
Lowest new price: $5.96
Lowest used price: $2.00
List price: $15.95
Author: Richard Louv
Brand: Algonquin Books
"I like to play indoors better 'cause that's where all the electrical outlets are," reports a fourth-grader. Never before in history have children been so plugged in-and so out of touch with the natural world. In this groundbreaking new work, child advocacy expert Richard Louv directly links the lack of nature in the lives of today's wired generation-he calls it nature deficit-to some of the most disturbing childhood trends, such as rises in obesity, Attention Deficit Disorder (Add), and depression. Some startling facts: By the 1990s the radius around the home where children were allowed to roam on their own had shrunk to a ninth of what it had been in 1970. Today, average eight-year-olds are better able to identify cartoon characters than native species, such as beetles and oak trees, in their own community. The rate at which doctors prescribe antidepressants to children has doubled in the last five years, and recent studies show that too much computer use spells trouble for the developing mind. Nature-deficit disorder is not a medical condition; it is a description of the human costs of alienation from nature. This alienation damages children and shapes adults, families, and communities. There are solutions, though, and they're right in our own backyards. Last child in the Woods is the first book to bring together cutting-edge research showing that direct exposure to nature is essential for healthy childhood development-physical, emotional, and spiritual. What's more, nature is a potent therapy for depression, obesity, and Add. Environment-based education dramatically improves standardized test scores and grade point averages and develops skills in problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making. Even creativity is stimulated by childhood experiences in nature.
|Lonely Planet New Zealand (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $9.65
Lowest used price: $4.18
List price: $27.99
Author: Lonely Planet
Brand: Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New Zealand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience Maori culture, be wowed by beautiful glaciers or hike through gorgeous scenery; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's New Zealand Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - Maori culture, history, cuisine, arts, music, landscape, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out touring map (included in print version), plus over 90 maps
- Covers Auckland, Bay of Islands, Coromandel Peninsula, Central Plateau, Rotorua, East Coast, Wellington, Marlborough, West Coast, Christchurch, Dunedin, Queenstown, Fiordland, Southland and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand , our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on just the North or South islands of New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand's South Island guide or New Zealand's North Island guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these islands to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights of New Zealand? Check out Discover New Zealand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
|Bushcraft First Aid: A Field Guide to Wilderness Emergency Care
Lowest new price: $8.30
Lowest used price: $6.79
List price: $16.99
Author: Dave Canterbury
Brand: ADAMS MEDIA
From wilderness expert Dave Canterbury and outdoor survival instructor Jason Hunt comes the next installment in the New York Times bestselling Bushcraft series—a go-to first aid resource for anyone headed into the woods.
Out in the woods or on top of a mountain, there’s no calling 9-1-1. Bushcraft First Aid teaches you how to be your own first responder. The authors’ years of experience and training will help hikers and backpackers deal with a variety of emergency situations, from cuts and burns to broken bones and head injuries. You’ll also learn what to pack and how to make bandages, dressings, and slings at a moment’s notice. As bushcraft experts, Canterbury and Hunt explain how to use plants as medicine to treat various conditions. Bushcraft First Aid provides the lifesaving information you need to keep yourself and your fellow hikers safe on the trail.
|Moon Canadian Rockies: Including Banff & Jasper National Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $12.98
Lowest used price: $12.98
List price: $19.99
Author: Andrew Hempstead
Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides!
Snowy peaks, icy glaciers, glittering lakes, and alpine meadows: answer the call of the wild with Moon Canadian Rockies.
With Moon Canadian Rockies' practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider's view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
- Strategic, flexible itineraries from day hikes to a two-week Canadian Rockies road trip, designed for outdoor adventurers, families, winter sports enthusiasts, and more
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Hike to incredible vistas and try to spot moose, bighorn sheep, and black bears. Ride over a glacier in an Ice Explorer, float through the sky in a mountain gondola, or white-water raft down rivers of snowmelt. Browse the museums and boutiques of downtown Banff, or go horseback riding though the Tonquin Valley. Indulge in fine French cuisine and spend the night in a luxurious mountain lodge, or fish for your own fresh dinner and camp under the stars
- Local insight from Canadian Rockies expert Andrew Hempstead on when to go, what to do, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps and directions, including driving times and mileage
- In-depth coverage of Banff National Park, Kootenay National Park, Yoho National Park, Jasper National Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, and nearby gateway cities of Banff, Canmore, Jasper, Calgary, Radium Hot Springs, Invermere, Golden, and Kananaskis Country
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip. Sticking to one park? Check out Moon Banff National Park or Moon Glacier National Park.
|The Camping Logbook (Camping Journal)
Lowest new price: $9.02
Lowest used price: $9.15
List price: $12.99
Author: Inc. Peter Pauper Press
Life is a journey, and the best journeys are camping trips!
- Use this logbook to record the details of your camping adventures so you can look back on and share experiences and favorite spots.
- Guided fill-in pages prompt you to write in such pertinent details as location, date, notable amenities and attractions, who shared the trip, who you met, favorite events, and things to avoid next time.
- There's also space for extra notes and photos.
- Inside back cover pocket holds notes, camp business cards, mementos, and more.
- Sturdy hardcover binding.
- Appealing buffalo check cover design.
- Elastic band attached to back cover keeps your place or keeps logbook closed.
- 6-1/4 inches wide by 8-1/4 inches high.
- 160 pages.
- Mattel UNO Wilderness Card Game
- Family Camping Journal: Perfect RV Journal/Camping Diary or Gift for Campers: Over 120 Pages with Prompts for Writing: Capture Memories, Camping ... Camping Gift (Camping Journals) (Volume 1)
- Camp Daze Mad Libs
- Camping, The Camper's Journal (Natural Brown) (Write It Down)
- Camco 17" RV Refrigerator Bar, Holds Food and Drinks in Place During Travel, Prevents Messy Spills, Spring Loaded and Extends Between 10" and 17" - White (3 Pack) (44063)
- Camping Journal: Camping Notebooks & Accessories (Summer Journal With Prompts) 3
- Camco RV Brass Inline Water Pressure Regulator- Helps Protect RV Plumbing and Hoses from High-Pressure City Water, Lead Free (40055)
- Camco 20ft Sidewinder RV Sewer Hose Support, Made From Sturdy Lightweight Plastic, Won't Creep Closed, Holds Hoses In Place - No Need For Straps (43051)
- Camco TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water (40043)
- Camco T Level- Assists You in Leveling Your RV (25543)
|Appalachian Trail Thru-hiker's Companion (2018)
Lowest new price: $9.89
Lowest used price: $9.79
List price: $14.95
Author: Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association
Brand: Appalachian Trail Conservancy
The only official Appalachian Trail Guide for thru-hikers and the champion of Appalachian Trail guides for long-distance hiking for a quarter-century!
With professionally crafted elevation profiles for all 2,190.9 miles, almost 50 updated maps, and redesigned tables for more at-a-glance information on-trail.
Still the only such guide written by volunteers for which all the proceeds are returned to the Trail by these two nonprofits!
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy and the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association collaborate each year on a guide especially designed for potential thru-hikers who want the basic information for a five- to six-month trek in the woods, at a reasonable price, but also want the adventure of finding out the extras for themselves. A favorite of section-hikers, too.
With fact-checking research by more than three dozen thru-hiker volunteers in 14 states, backed by the first-hand information of the trail's volunteer and staff maintainers and managers and extensive information from the 2018 Appalachian Trail Data Book. Equipment-makers' toll-free numbers, post office hours, much more included.
- Professionally crafted elevation profiles, new maps, and redesigned tables for quick, at-a-glance planning
- The only such guide written by volunteers for which all the proceeds are returned to the Trail by these two nonprofits
- Edited by Robert "Sly" Sylvester, with research by more than three dozen thru-hiker volunteers in 14 states,
- Backed by the first-hand information of the Trail's volunteer and staff maintainers and managers
|Pro-Knot Outdoor Knots
Lowest new price: Too low to display
Lowest used price: $17.13
Author: John E. Sherry
Pro-Knot -The waterproof portable knot book!
With over one million knot cards sold and more 5 Star reviews than any other knot book on Amazon, Pro-Knot is a highly respected and trusted name in knots. This Outdoor Knots version will serve you well whether you are lashing down a kayak on the roof of your car (use the Trucker's Hitch), hanging an adjustable line in camp (use the Tautline Hitch), tying a boat to a dock (Cleat Hitch), or you just need a quick peek at the good old Bowline Knot while outdoors. And being completely waterproof solid plastic means you can take them with you anywhere without worry - great for wilderness survival kits, boating, camping, and emergency preparedness.
This six card set is easy to understand with clear illustrations for the twenty best all-purpose rope knots - see complete list of knots below. If it's on this card set, it is a proven, useful and trusted knot! These rope knots are universal for survival, boating, climbing, prepping, search and rescue, home and ranch, scouts, camping, paddle sports and any outdoor activity involving rope. There are step-by-step instructions for joining ropes together, tying rope to objects and making loops.
- Waterproof solid plastic cards with no-rust brass grommet
- 20 essential rope knots
- Size: 3½ x 2¼ x 1/8 inch, weighs less than one ounce.
- Perfect backpack, glove box, bug-out-bag or boat
Knots include: Bowline (single best all-around knot to know), Square Knot, Water Knot (best knot for use with nylon webbing), Rolling Hitch, Clove Hitch, Sheet Bend (doubled version too), Trucker's Hitch (a must know knot), Mooring Hitch (quick release knot), Cleat Hitch (boaters must-know knot), Tautline Hitch (adjustable knot for camp guy-lines), Buntline Hitch (use for attaching rings, snaps, etc to rope), Prusik Knot, Butterfly Knot, Half Hitch, Constrictor Knot (bundle up loose items), Double Fisherman's (join two ropes), Figure Eight, Bowline on a Bight, Sheep Shank, Timber Hitch. 20 knots total.
|How to Stay Alive in the Woods: A Complete Guide to Food, Shelter and Self-Preservation Anywhere
Lowest new price: $5.42
Lowest used price: $2.99
List price: $19.99
Author: Bradford Angier
Brand: Workman Publishing
A practical and indispensable guide for anyone venturing into the outdoors and backcountry, this classic resource by wilderness expert Branford Angier is packed with illustrated core survival skills and timeless advice.
Broken down into four essential sections, Sustenance, Warmth, Orientation and Safety, this useful manual reveals time-tested outdoor skills, including how to catch game without a gun, what plants to eat (full-color illustrations of these make identification simple), how to build a warm shelter, make clothing, protect yourself and signal for help.
Pioneering survivalist Bradefore Angier helps you master the great outdoors without modern gear. Detailed illustrations and clear instructions offer crucial information at a glance, making How to Stay Alive in the Woods is truly a lifesaver.
- Written by an expert
- Revised and expanded
- Detailed step by step instruction
- Stay warm
- Stay dry
|Yosemite National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Lowest new price: $0.25
Lowest used price: $7.90
List price: $11.95
Author: National Geographic Maps - Trails Illustrated
Brand: National Geographic
Model: NatGeo Maps: Trails Illustrated
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
Explore the majesty of Yosemite National Park with National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map. Loaded with helpful information on camping, hiking, lodging, transportation, regulations, and safety, this map is an invaluable tool for casual park visitors and avid adventurers alike. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, the map features key areas of interest including Stanislaus National Forest, Emigrant Wilderness, Carson Iceberg Wilderness, Toiyabe National Forest, Hoover Wilderness, Inyo National Forest, Yosemite Wilderness, Sierra National Forest, and Ansel Adams Wilderness. Detail of the popular Tuolumne Meadows and Yosemite Valley are provided in inset maps.
With almost 800 miles of mapped trails, the Yosemite National Park map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. The clearly marked trails include mileages between intersections. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and major lakes. Some of the many recreation features include: campgrounds, trailheads, tram tours, ski areas, river access, scenic overlooks, scenic byways, and interpretive trails.
Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
Other features found on this map include: Ansel Adams Wilderness, Bridalveil Fall, Cathedral Range, El Capitan, Emigrant Wilderness, Excelsior Mountain, Hoover Wilderness, Illilouette Falls, Inyo National Forest, Lake Eleanor, Lower Yosemite Fall, Matterhorn Peak, Mount Dana, Mount Lyell, Mount Ritter, Nevada Fall, Ribbon Fall, Ritter Range, Sierra National Forest, Silver Strand Falls, Stanislaus National Forest, Tioga Pass, Toiyabe National Forest, Upper Yosemite Falls, Vernal Fall, Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Valley.
- Map Scale = 1:80,000 & 1:40,000
- Sheet Size = 37.75" x 25.5"
- Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
- Approximately 4 1/4" x 9" folded; 25 1/2" x 37 3/4" fully opened
- Scale = 1:80,000
- Map revised - 2005.
- Tear resistant paper
Page 4 of 3079
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.