|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Hiking & Camping
|Metal Detecting For Beginners: 101 Things I Wish I?d Known When I Started (QuickStart Guides) (Volume 1)
Lowest new price: $4.84
Lowest used price: $6.63
List price: $7.95
Author: M. A. Shafer
NEW TO METAL DETECTING? Want to start hunting without a long learning curve? This Quickstart Guide will have you out in the field and hunting productively in just a few hours! This isn’t an exhaustive guide to everything you’ll ever want to know about metal detecting. It’s not a complete course in treasure hunting. It’s a quick read from a detectorist who’s been swinging a machine long enough to know how to do it successfully, but who hasn’t forgotten what it feels like to be just beginning and needing a place to start smart. You know you’re just itching to get your detector out in the field to find all kinds of cool stuff, but who wants to wade through a thick book or watch a hundred videos first? If you have a detector and a few simple accessories, you can start reading this handy little Quickstart Guide while you eat breakfast and be digging your first target before lunch! Then use the resources provided to learn how to identify your finds. Everything you need to get out there for a productive hunt is between these two covers—101 proven tips from the author’s personal experience with the equipment: finding hunting spots; staying safe, comfortable and legal; the culture and the people; even a glossary, so you can speak the language of passionate diggers. Plus you get a section of Bonus Material: A list of the same resources the author uses to stay current in the hobby! So lose those newbie blues: Read this guide and get out there, for memorable days of saving history. Happy hunting!
- Metal Detecting For Beginners 101 Things I Wish I d Known When I Started QuickStart Guides Volume 1
|Living the Airstream Life
Lowest new price: $22.64
Lowest used price: $16.95
List price: $35.00
Author: Karen Flett
Illustrated with rare and exclusive images from the official company archives, an authoritative and entertaining guide to the wildly popular, beautifully designed luxury recreational vehicle that has become a cultural icon, embodying the American spirit of freedom and adventure—and the ideal in mobile living.
With its distinctive silver-bullet shaped profile, the Airstream has been an integral part of the American recreational landscape for more than eighty-five years. Since the 1930s, thousands of Americans have used it as a personal canvas to paint their own unique story as they’ve traveled the road of life, and today, these stunning, nostalgia-laden vehicles are more popular than ever. In Living the Airstream Life, Karen Flett tells the unique story of the designers who have transformed the brand into a mainstay of American life and the dreamers who have found their home, and their heart, in an Airstream.
Living the Airstream Life is a tour along the diverse roads aficionados have taken in chasing their Airstream dreams. Stunning color photographs featuring new and vintage versions and compelling stories capture the allure of the Airstream and offer advice and insight on the practicalities of adopting this lifestyle. With spectacular photography and compelling stories, Living the Airstream Life offers inspiration for those actively pursuing the dream of life on the road—whether for permanent living or as a temporary escape from the daily grind—and everyone who wants to live vicariously through those who dare.
- Embodying the American spirit of freedom and adventure since the 1930s!
- Stunning photos of new and vintage versions.
- Compelling stories capture the allure--along with advice and insight on adopting the Airstream lifestyle.
- Inspiration for those actively pursuing the dream of life on the road and for everyone who likes to live vicariously through those who dare.
- Hardcover. 160 pages.
|A History of the World in 500 Walks
Lowest new price: $24.42
Lowest used price: $39.90
List price: $27.99
Author: Sarah Baxter
Brand: Thunder Bay Pr
From geologic upheavals and mad kings to trade routes and saints' ways, this book relates the tales behind the top 500 walks that have shaped our society. It's easy to imagine traveling back in time as you read about convicts and conquistadores, silk traders and Buddhists who have hiked along routes for purposes as varied as the terrain they covered. From prehistory to the present day, take a grand tour of world events at eye-level perspective with accounts that combine knowledgeable commentary with practical detail. You may even be inspired to lace up your own boots!
|A Pilgrim's Guide to the Camino de Santiago: St. Jean - Roncesvalles - Santiago (Camino Guides)
Lowest new price: $26.15
Lowest used price: $28.30
List price: $29.99
Author: John Brierley
Brand: Camino Guides
Now updated to include newer maps and photos - and lighter in weight to support carefree traveling - this comprehensive guidebook to the Camino de Santiago and its offshoots contains all the information needed by modern-day pilgrims wishing to walk the sacred Way of St. James. Overview route planners plus daily stage maps and detailed town plans help sojourners with all the advance preparation they need. The maps feature contour guides to help distinguish the terrain that will be crossed each day, while full information on all pilgrim hostels, as well as details for alternative accommodation, allow travelers to plot adequate nightly stopping points. All reference information is accompanied by helpful spiritual guidelines to support the seeker's inner journey as well as the outer pilgrimage. Otherwise known as the Camino Francés, the main route covered in this volume is the most popular sacred route through Spain, from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela.
|Wilderness Navigation: Finding Your Way Using Map, Compass, Altimeter & GPS (Mountaineers Outdoor Basics)
Lowest new price: $11.73
Lowest used price: $9.30
List price: $16.95
Author: Bob Burns
Brand: Brand: Mountaineers Books
CLICK HERE to download a sample
• The official navigation textbook used in outdoor education courses by thousands of students
• Goodreads.com readers rated the previous edition 4 out of 5 stars (and now it’s even better!)
• Map and compass skills remain the foundation for traveling safely in the wilderness
This new third edition is a major and complete update of the popular textbook:
• Improved throughout for clarity, with chapter objectives presented at the beginning of each chapter and summaries, “skills check” mini-quizzes, and practice problems listed at the end
• Updated descriptions of the most current maps, compasses, altimeters, and Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers
• Updated declination maps for the United States and the world (declination changes over time and compasses must be adjusted for a specific location to provide correct readings)
• Much-expanded GPS chapter, including interfacing the GPS receiver with the home computer, maximizing battery life, and using the GPS function on a “smart” phones (along with a description of their limitations)
• Additional information on non-GPS navigational techniques
• Recommended websites, apps, and other sources of useful navigational information
|Camping America's Guide to Free and Low-Cost Campgrounds: Includes Campgrounds $12 and Under in the United States (Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds)
Lowest new price: $14.19
Lowest used price: $9.71
List price: $21.95
Author: Don Wright
Brand: Don Wright
Guidebook of all U.S. campgrounds with overnight camping fees of $12 or less, including thousands that are free. Not only will this book pay for itself the first time it is used, but it also provides information on stunning park campgrounds across the great United States. Nearly 12,000 campgrounds are listed, including national parks, national forests, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Corps of Engineers, state parks and forests, wildlife areas, small mom-and-pop campgrounds and thousands of city and county parks with camping.
- Camping America s Guide to Free and Low Cost Campgrounds Includes Campgrounds 12 and Under in the United States Don Wright s Guide to Free Campgrounds
|Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain
Lowest new price: $12.56
Lowest used price: $12.75
List price: $19.95
Author: Bruce Tremper
Brand: Brand: Mountaineers Books
CLICK HERE to download the sample chapter "Weather" from Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain
* Provides easy-to-follow instructions on crucial avalanche safety skills
* Completely revised with all of the most recent data and techniques
* Ideal for snowmobilers, snowboarders, snowshoers, skiers, climbers, hunters, hikers
"No one who plays in mountain snow should leave home without having studied this book." -Rocky Mountain News
Winter recreation in the backcountry has increased steadily over the years and so has the number of deaths and injuries caused by avalanches. As search and rescue teams are increasingly strapped for funding, self-education has become a larger necessity for snow-sport enthusiasts. The new edition of Bruce Tremper's seminal book is organized according to the structure of American Avalanche Association classes and all chapters have been updated and reviewed by peer experts.
- Author: Bruce Tremper
- ISBN: 9781594850844
|Walking with Peety: The Dog Who Saved My Life
Lowest new price: $12.38
Lowest used price: $10.40
List price: $26.00
Author: Eric O'Grey
Brand: Grand Central Publishing
Eric was 150 pounds overweight, depressed, and sick. After a lifetime of failed diet attempts, and the onset of type 2 diabetes due to his weight, Eric went to a new doctor, who surprisingly prescribed a shelter dog. And that's when Eric met Peety: an overweight, middle-aged, and forgotten dog who, like Eric, had seen better days. The two adopted each other and began an incredible journey together, forming a bond of unconditional love that forever changed their lives. Over the next year, just by going on walks, playing together, and eating plant-based foods, Eric lost 150 pounds, and Peety lost 25. As a result, Eric reversed his diabetes, got off all medication, and became happy and healthy for the first time in his life-eventually reconnecting with and marrying his high school sweetheart. WALKING WITH PEETY is for anyone who is ready to make a change in his or her life, and for everyone who knows the joy, love, and hope that dogs can bring. This is more than a tale of mutual rescue. This is an epic story of friendship and strength.
- Walking with Peety: The Dog Who Saved My Life
- Norbert’s Little Lessons for a Big Life
- Rescued: What Second-Chance Dogs Teach Us About Living with Purpose, Loving with Abandon, and Finding Joy in the Little Things
- Saving Sadie: How a Dog That No One Wanted Inspired the World
- Arthur: The Dog who Crossed the Jungle to Find a Home
- Craig & Fred: A Marine, A Stray Dog, and How They Rescued Each Other
- Finding Gobi: A Little Dog with a Very Big Heart
- Rossen to the Rescue: Secrets to Avoiding Scams, Everyday Dangers, and Major Catastrophes
- Food Can Fix It: The Superfood Switch to Fight Fat, Defy Aging, and Eat Your Way Healthy
- The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet: Eat Plants, Lose Weight, Save Your Health
- The Impossible: The Miraculous Story of a Mother's Faith and Her Child's Resurrection
|Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers' Companion (2017)
Lowest new price: $14.56
Lowest used price: $48.42
List price: $14.95
Author: Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association
Brand: AP TRAIL CONSERVANCY
The champion of Appalachian Trail guides for thru-hiking for 25 years! With professionally crafted elevation profiles, almost 50 updated maps, and redesigned tables for more at-a-glance information on-trail. Still the only such guide written by volunteers for which all the proceeds are returned to the Trail by these two nonprofits! The Appalachian Trail Conservancy and the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association collaborate each year on a guide especially designed for potential thru-hikers who want the basic information for a five- to six-month trek in the woods, at a reasonable price, but also want the adventure of finding out the extras for themselves. A favorite of section-hikers, too, doing the 2,189.8 miles in pieces instead of all at once. With fact-checking research by more than three dozen thru-hiker volunteers in 14 states, backed by the first-hand information of the trail's volunteer and staff maintainers and managers, and extensive information from the 2017 A.T. Data Book. Equipment-makers' toll-free numbers, post office hours, and much more are included.
- All the informational resources needed to hike the Appalachian Trail.
|The Prepper's Water Survival Guide: Harvest, Treat, and Store Your Most Vital Resource
Lowest new price: $6.41
Lowest used price: $9.19
List price: $14.95
Author: Daisy Luther
Brand: Running Press Books
NO SOURCE IS LEFT UNTAPPED IN THIS ALL-ENCOMPASSING GUIDE TO SUPPLYING LIFE-SAVING WATER AFTER A DISASTER
You can survive up to three weeks without food, but only three days without water! When catastrophe strikes, having enough water can spell the difference between life and death. The Prepper’s Water Survival Guide offers a step-by-step plan with straightforward information you can easily follow. Thanks to this book’s laser-focus on water, you’ll quickly learn how to:
•Store fresh water
•Purify water from lakes & rivers
•Dig a well for groundwater
In addition to harvesting water, you’ll gain the tools to keep large stores untainted for long periods of time, test the water you collect for dangerous toxins, and treat water-related illnesses that are commonly contracted during a disaster.
- The Prepper's Water Survival Guide Book
- Complete guide for how to store, treat, and harvest your most vital resource.
- Including complete instructions for collecting rainwater and digging a well.
- Discover real-world applications for harvesting and purifying water from a variety of sources.
- Softcover. 224 pages.
Page 5 of 2912
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.