|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Dangerous Book for Boys
Lowest new price: $5.00
Lowest used price: $3.45
List price: $16.99
Author: Conn Iggulden
Brand: William Morrow Company
The bestselling book—more than 1.5 million copies sold—for every boy from eight to eighty, covering essential boyhood skills such as building tree houses, learning how to fish, finding true north, and even answering the age old question of what the big deal with girls is—is soon to be an Amazon Prime Original Series created by Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) and Greg Mottola (Superbad).
The classic bestselling book for every boy from eight to eighty, covering essential boyhood skills such as building tree houses*, learning how to fish, finding true north, and even answering the age-old question of what the big deal with girls is.
In this digital age, there is still a place for knots, skimming stones and stories of incredible courage. This book recaptures Sunday afternoons, stimulates curiosity, and makes for great father-son activities. The brothers Conn and Hal have put together a wonderful collection of all things that make being young or young at heart fun—building go-carts and electromagnets, identifying insects and spiders, and flying the world's best paper airplanes.
Skills covered include:
The Greatest Paper Airplane in the World
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
The Five Knots Every Boy Should Know
Building a Treehouse*
Making a Bow and Arrow
Fishing (revised with US Fish)
Timers and Tripwires
Baseball's "Most Valuable Players"
Famous Battles-Including Lexington and Concord, The Alamo, and Gettysburg
Spies-Codes and Ciphers
Making a Go-Cart
Navajo Code Talkers' Dictionary
The States of the U.S.
Mountains of the U.S.
The Declaration of Independence
Making a Periscope
The Ten Commandments
Common US Trees
Timeline of American History
|SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere
Lowest new price: $11.99
Lowest used price: $10.47
List price: $21.99
Author: John 'Lofty' Wiseman
Brand: Harper Collins Pub
The ultimate guide to surviving anywhere, now updated with more than 100 pages of additional material, including a new chapter on urban survival
"A classic outdoor manual [that] addresses every conceivable disaster scenario. Don’t leave home without it”--Outside magazine
Revised to reflect the latest in survival knowledge and technology, and covering new topics such as urban survival and terrorism, the multimillion-copy worldwide bestseller SAS Survival Handbook by John "Lofty" Wiseman is the definitive resource for all campers, hikers, and outdoor adventurers. From basic campcraft and navigation to fear management and strategies for coping with any type of disaster, this complete course includes:
Being prepared: Understanding basic survival skills, like reading the weather, and preparation essentials, such as a pocket survival kit.
Making camp: Finding the best location, constructing the appropriate shelter, organizing camp, staying warm, and creating tools.
Food: What to eat, what to avoid, where to find it, and how to prepare it.
First aid: A comprehensive course in emergency/wilderness medicine, including how to maximize survival in any climate or when injured.
Disaster survival: How to react in the face of natural disasters and hostile situations—and how to survive if all services and supplies are cut off.
Self-defense: Arming yourself with basic hand-to-hand combat techniques.
Security: Protecting your family and property from intrusion, break-ins, and theft.
Climate & terrain: Overcoming any location, from the tropics to the poles, from the desert to the mountains and sea.
- Harper Collins Pub Sas Survival Handbook Revised by John Wiseman - 9780062378071
|The Boys' Book Of Survival (How To Survive Anything, Anywhere)
Lowest new price: $2.00
Lowest used price: $1.74
List price: $12.99
Brand: Scholastic Nonfiction
Now you, too, can survive anything, anywhere!
Lost in the desert? Stuck in quicksand? Confronted by a man-eating tiger? Trapped at a school dance? Fear not, brave reader! With this essential survival guide, you'll find a way to get yourself out of every imaginable predicament, whether it's an avalanche or a zombie invasion!
How to survive anything all in one handy book! Inside you'll find out how to treat a snakebite, send an SOS message, track an animal, make a map, and build a ladder. Find out how to survive a school dance, a shopping trip with your mom, a pop quiz, and a shark attack!
|The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit
Lowest new price: $10.34
Lowest used price: $5.61
List price: $16.00
Author: Michael Finkel
A National Geographic Best Book of the Year
Many people dream of escaping modern life. Most will never act on it—but in 1986, twenty-year-old Christopher Knight did just that when he left his home in Massachusetts, drove to Maine, and disappeared into the woods. He would not have a conversation with another person for the next twenty-seven years.
Drawing on extensive interviews with Knight himself, journalist Michael Finkel shows how Knight lived in a tent in a secluded encampment, developing ingenious ways to store provisions and stave off frostbite during the winters. A former alarm technician, he stealthily broke into nearby cottages for food, books, and supplies, taking only what he needed but sowing unease in a community plagued by his mysterious burglaries. Since returning to the world, he has faced unique challenges—and compelled us to reexamine our assumptions about what makes a good life. By turns riveting and thought-provoking, The Stranger in the Woods gives us a deeply moving portrait of a man determined to live his own way.
|Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $15.13
Lowest used price: $15.06
List price: $24.99
Author: Becky Lomax
They've been dubbed America's best idea for a reason: get inspired, get outdoors, and discover the wild beauty of the United States with Moon USA National Parks. Inside you'll find:
Whether you're trekking to striking vistas, rafting a wild river, or camping under the stars, find your park adventure with Moon USA National Parks.
- Coverage of all 59 national parks, from the misty mountains of the east and the redwoods of the west, to the glaciers of Alaska and volcanoes of Hawaii, organized by region
- Strategic lists and itineraries: Choose from lists of the best parks for hiking, wildlife, families, and scenic drives, or make your way down the list of the top ten national parks experiences across the country
- The best outdoor adventures in every park, including backpacking, biking, mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, and more, plus detailed hike descriptions and trail maps marked with distance, duration, effort level, and trailheads
- National parks road trips with driving times and advice for linking multiple parks, interesting stops between them, and nearby attractions and state parks
- Comprehensive planning resources: With detailed maps and transportation tips, you'll have the tools to explore each park or region individually, or visit multiple for an epic national parks trip
- Expert advice from former park guide Becky Lomax on how to avoid crowds, what time of year to visit, and where to stay inside and outside the parks, from campgrounds to hotels
- Know before you go: Find essential background on climate, terrain, wildlife, history, and safety precautions, plus practical information on park fees, passes, and reservations, including how to obtain and use a National Parks Pass
- Gorgeous, full-color photos throughout, plus a handy keepsake section for your national parks stamps and a detachable fold-out poster map
For more in-depth information on a specific park, check out Moon's national parks travel guides.
- 2019 Rand McNally National Park Atlas & Guide (Rand McNally Road Atlas)
- Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Including Jackson Hole (Travel Guide)
- 50 States, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do
- Smart RV Travel Guide For The Lower 48 States: List of RV & National Parks, the Cost, the Amenities, What to See and Do in Each State
- Fodor's Utah: with Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef & Canyonlands National Parks (Travel Guide)
- Moon Montana & Wyoming (Travel Guide)
- National Park Journal: Yellowstone
- National Geographic Complete National Parks of the United States, 2nd Edition: 400+ Parks, Monuments, Battlefields, Historic Sites, Scenic Trails, Recreation Areas, and Seashores
- Your Guide to the National Parks: The Complete Guide to all 59 National Parks (Second edition)
- Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon (Travel Guide)
|The Bushcraft Boxed Set: Bushcraft 101; Advanced Bushcraft; The Bushcraft Field Guide to Trapping, Gathering, & Cooking in the Wild; Bushcraft First Aid
Lowest new price: $33.48
Lowest used price: $48.28
List price: $67.99
Author: Dave Canterbury
The Bushcraft Boxed Set brings together four titles from wilderness expert and New York Times bestselling author Dave Canterbury.
The collection includes:
Bushcraft 101: The primer to wilderness survival based on the author’s 5Cs of Survivability (cutting tools, covering, combustion devices, containers, and cordages)
Advanced Bushcraft: Takes it to the next level with self-reliance skills that teach you how to survive with little to no equipment
The Bushcraft Guide to Trapping, Gathering, and Cooking in the Wild: Provides everything you need to know about packing, finding, and preparing food while trekking
Bushcraft First Aid: Written with Jason A. Hunt, PhD, it’s the go-to first aid resource for anyone headed into the woods
With this boxed set, you’ll be prepped and ready for your next outdoor adventure—wherever it takes you!
|A Beginner's Guide to Living in an RV: Everything I Wish I Knew Before Full-Time RVing Across America
Lowest new price: $13.65
Lowest used price: $13.59
List price: $13.99
Author: Alyssa Padgett
When my husband and I started full-time RVing, we knew nothing about RV living. We made it up as we traveled to all fifty states, constantly googling things like "how to RV" and "what is boondocking?" Meanwhile, we flooded the bathroom, took ice cold showers, and got stuck in the mud.
Now, we've been full-timing for over three years and we've learned the ins and outs of RVing America.
In this guide, I answer all of the most common questions we receive about RV living, from how to choose the right RV to how we get mail on the road, to how to find free camping.
This guide is for anyone exploring the RV lifestyle and looking for RVing books to help make the transition easier. Also, because I want to make sure this book is valuable for you, below you can see a few specific areas of RVing I cover.
A few topics I cover in the guide:
- How to find great internet on the road
- The costs of full-time RVing
- Whether or not to tow a car behind your RV
- What we do for health insurance while traveling
- The best RVing clubs and memberships
- Our favorite apps for RVers
A few topics I DON'T cover, since I have zero experience in these areas, are:
- Traveling with kids
- How to downsize to an RV from a house
- How to travel with pets
Transitioning to living on the road was the best decision my husband and I could have ever made. RVing has improved our marriage and our life together, and we've seen more of America than we could have ever imagined.
While this book isn't about our story or why you should travel, it will be a useful tool as you find yourself asking a million different questions about what it's like living in an RV.
Oh, and don't forget to use the #RVlife on Instagram once you start traveling. That's what all the cool kids do.
|The Camping Logbook (Camping Journal): Record Your Adventures
Lowest new price: $8.95
Lowest used price: $9.15
List price: $12.99
Author: Inc. Peter Pauper Press
Life is a journey, and the best journeys are camping trips!
- Use this logbook to record the details of your camping adventures so you can look back on and share experiences and favorite spots.
- Guided fill-in pages prompt you to write in such pertinent details as location, date, notable amenities and attractions, who shared the trip, who you met, favorite events, and things to avoid next time.
- There's also space for extra notes and photos.
- Inside back cover pocket holds notes, camp business cards, mementos, and more.
- Sturdy hardcover binding.
- Appealing buffalo check cover design.
- Elastic band attached to back cover keeps your place or keeps logbook closed.
- 6-1/4 inches wide by 8-1/4 inches high.
- 160 pages.
|Camping America's Guide to Free and Low-Cost Campgrounds: Includes Campgrounds $12 and Under in the United States (Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds)
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $6.00
List price: $21.95
Author: Don Wright
Brand: Cottage Publications
Guidebook of all U.S. campgrounds with overnight camping fees of $12 or less, including thousands that are free. Not only will this book pay for itself the first time it is used, but it also provides information on stunning park campgrounds across the great United States. Nearly 12,000 campgrounds are listed, including national parks, national forests, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Corps of Engineers, state parks and forests, wildlife areas, small mom-and-pop campgrounds and thousands of city and county parks with camping.
|The Campout Cookbook: Inspired Recipes for Cooking Around the Fire and Under the Stars
Lowest new price: $13.56
Lowest used price: $9.98
List price: $19.95
Author: Marnie Hanel
Brand: AMERICAN WEST BOOKS
Forget freeze-dried astronaut meals and bags of stale, store-bought gorp. Finally, here’s a cookbook that complements the magic of gathering around a campfire and sharing a meal with friends. From the IACP Award–winning authors of The Picnic, which brought taste and style to eating outdoors (in the daytime), comes its companion, for leaving civilization behind and dining under the stars. A mix of dishes to make ahead and meals to cook on-site, The Campout Cookbook includes more than 75 recipes for wood-fired skillet pizzas; backcountry stews and chilies; fire-roasted vegetables and cast-iron breads; unexpected dips, jerkies, and high-energy bars; breakfasts to satisfy that yawning hunger that comes from sleeping in the fresh air; s’mores, of course (including Vanilla Bean Dream Marshmallows & Co. and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Caramel Fire-Ban S’mores); and cocktails, coolers, warm libations for chilly nights, and a Blood Orange Bug Juice.
Plus there’s inspiration and know-how for every avid camper and enthusiastic neophyte: How to find a suitable campsite and build a campfire specifically for cooking over, and how to keep it going. Stargazing for city slickers. A troubleshooting guide. And the definitive packing list and camp kitchen essentials. Just add a few scary stories for a truly memorable campout.
Page 1 of 436
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.