|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Dangerous Book for Boys
Lowest new price: $8.25
Lowest used price: $3.55
List price: $16.99
Author: Conn Iggulden
Brand: William Morrow
The bestselling book—more than 1.5 million copies sold—for every boy from eight to eighty, covering essential boyhood skills such as building tree houses, learning how to fish, finding true north, and even answering the age old question of what the big deal with girls is—is soon to be an Amazon Prime Original Series created by Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) and Greg Mottola (Superbad).
The classic bestselling book for every boy from eight to eighty, covering essential boyhood skills such as building tree houses*, learning how to fish, finding true north, and even answering the age-old question of what the big deal with girls is.
In this digital age, there is still a place for knots, skimming stones and stories of incredible courage. This book recaptures Sunday afternoons, stimulates curiosity, and makes for great father-son activities. The brothers Conn and Hal have put together a wonderful collection of all things that make being young or young at heart fun—building go-carts and electromagnets, identifying insects and spiders, and flying the world's best paper airplanes.
Skills covered include:
The Greatest Paper Airplane in the World
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
The Five Knots Every Boy Should Know
Building a Treehouse*
Making a Bow and Arrow
Fishing (revised with US Fish)
Timers and Tripwires
Baseball's "Most Valuable Players"
Famous Battles-Including Lexington and Concord, The Alamo, and Gettysburg
Spies-Codes and Ciphers
Making a Go-Cart
Navajo Code Talkers' Dictionary
The States of the U.S.
Mountains of the U.S.
The Declaration of Independence
Making a Periscope
The Ten Commandments
Common US Trees
Timeline of American History
|SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere
Lowest new price: $11.00
Lowest used price: $14.96
List price: $21.99
Author: John 'Lofty' Wiseman
Brand: Harper Collins Pub
The ultimate guide to surviving anywhere, now updated with more than 100 pages of additional material, including a new chapter on urban survival
"A classic outdoor manual [that] addresses every conceivable disaster scenario. Don’t leave home without it”--Outside magazine
Revised to reflect the latest in survival knowledge and technology, and covering new topics such as urban survival and terrorism, the multimillion-copy worldwide bestseller SAS Survival Handbook by John "Lofty" Wiseman is the definitive resource for all campers, hikers, and outdoor adventurers. From basic campcraft and navigation to fear management and strategies for coping with any type of disaster, this complete course includes:
Being prepared: Understanding basic survival skills, like reading the weather, and preparation essentials, such as a pocket survival kit.
Making camp: Finding the best location, constructing the appropriate shelter, organizing camp, staying warm, and creating tools.
Food: What to eat, what to avoid, where to find it, and how to prepare it.
First aid: A comprehensive course in emergency/wilderness medicine, including how to maximize survival in any climate or when injured.
Disaster survival: How to react in the face of natural disasters and hostile situations—and how to survive if all services and supplies are cut off.
Self-defense: Arming yourself with basic hand-to-hand combat techniques.
Security: Protecting your family and property from intrusion, break-ins, and theft.
Climate & terrain: Overcoming any location, from the tropics to the poles, from the desert to the mountains and sea.
- Harper Collins Pub Sas Survival Handbook Revised by John Wiseman - 9780062378071
|Feast by Firelight: Simple Recipes for Camping, Cabins, and the Great Outdoors
Lowest new price: $10.50
Lowest used price: $10.50
List price: $22.00
Author: Emma Frisch
A transporting, lushly photographed book with easy-to-prepare recipes for gatherings at campgrounds and cabins alike.
Feast by Firelight offers solution-oriented recipes that make cooking outdoors feel effortless and downright fun and it shows how to utilize clever cooking methods, prep food at home, and pack smart. The book includes recipes for camp cooking as well as detailed menus, shopping and equipment lists, and tips showing how to prepare before you leave. Featuring 70 accessible recipes, it is the first of its kind in the outdoor-cooking niche to pair useful information with evocative photography of finished dishes and useful illustrations (such as how to pack a cooler and how to build a fire), setting a new standard for camping cookbooks.
|Moon Glacier National Park (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $13.59
Lowest used price: $14.00
List price: $21.99
Author: Becky Lomax
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure
Welcome to this rugged slice of nature's best. Lush green parkland, jagged summits, and glacier-carved basins abound in the one-million-acre "Crown of the Continent." Forge your own path with Moon Glacier National Park.
Moon Glacier National Park features:
With Moon Glacier National Park's expert advice, myriad activities, and insider perspective, you can plan your trip your way.
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in the park to a week-long road trip, including: "Best in One Day," "Fun for Kids," "Flathead-Glacier Road Trip," and "Wildlife-Watching Hotspots"
- Strategies for getting to Glacier, avoiding crowds, and exploring its less-visited areas, including coverage of gateway cities and towns
- In-depth chapters on each region of the park, including West Glacier and Apgar, North Fork, Going-to-the-Sun Road, St. Mary and Many Glacier, Two Medicine and East Glacier, Marias Pass and Essex, Waterton, and Flathead Valley
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expert tips for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, backpacking, fishing, rafting, and more
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps and backpacking options
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring the park: Hike verdant valleys, meander fields of alpine wildflowers, and stroll beneath frigid waterfalls and over high scenic passes. Go whitewater rafting, cast a line for wild trout into the Flathead River, or hop on a guided horseback ride. Drive or bike the Going-to-Sun-Road, take in views of peaks and glaciers, and spot wild moose or grizzlies roaming the mountainside. Spend a night in a historic lakeside lodge, or set up camp after a day of adventurous backcountry exploring
- Valuable insight from seasoned explorer and Glacier expert Becky Lomax
- Honest advice on when to go and where to stay inside the park, including hotels, campgrounds, hostels, and RV sites
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Recommendations for families, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Essential packing and health and safety information-including how to avoid encounters with grizzlies, mountain lions, and other common wildlife
- Thorough background on the terrain, culture, and the park's history
Exploring more of North America's national parks? Try Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Hitting the surrounding states? Try Moon Montana & Wyoming or Moon Idaho.
|Camping America's Guide to Free and Low-Cost Campgrounds: Includes Campgrounds $12 and Under in the United States (Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds)
Lowest new price: $14.22
Lowest used price: $13.98
List price: $21.95
Author: Don Wright
Brand: Cottage Publications
Guidebook of all U.S. campgrounds with overnight camping fees of $12 or less, including thousands that are free. Not only will this book pay for itself the first time it is used, but it also provides information on stunning park campgrounds across the great United States. Nearly 12,000 campgrounds are listed, including national parks, national forests, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Corps of Engineers, state parks and forests, wildlife areas, small mom-and-pop campgrounds and thousands of city and county parks with camping.
|The Boys' Book Of Survival (How To Survive Anything, Anywhere)
Lowest new price: $8.63
Lowest used price: $2.00
List price: $10.99
Brand: Scholastic Nonfiction
Now you, too, can survive anything, anywhere!
Lost in the desert? Stuck in quicksand? Confronted by a man-eating tiger? Trapped at a school dance? Fear not, brave reader! With this essential survival guide, you'll find a way to get yourself out of every imaginable predicament, whether it's an avalanche or a zombie invasion!
How to survive anything all in one handy book! Inside you'll find out how to treat a snakebite, send an SOS message, track an animal, make a map, and build a ladder. Find out how to survive a school dance, a shopping trip with your mom, a pop quiz, and a shark attack!
|A Beginner's Guide to Living in an RV: Everything I Wish I Knew Before Full-Time RVing Across America
Lowest new price: $11.57
List price: $12.99
Author: Alyssa Padgett
When my husband and I started full-time RVing, we knew nothing about RV living. We made it up as we traveled to all fifty states, constantly googling things like "how to RV" and "what is boondocking?" Meanwhile, we flooded the bathroom, took ice cold showers, and got stuck in the mud.
Now, we've been full-timing for over three years and we've learned the ins and outs of RVing America.
In this guide, I answer all of the most common questions we receive about RV living, from how to choose the right RV to how we get mail on the road, to how to find free camping.
This guide is for anyone exploring the RV lifestyle and looking for RVing books to help make the transition easier. Also, because I want to make sure this book is valuable for you, below you can see a few specific areas of RVing I cover.
A few topics I cover in the guide:
- How to find great internet on the road
- The costs of full-time RVing
- Whether or not to tow a car behind your RV
- What we do for health insurance while traveling
- The best RVing clubs and memberships
- Our favorite apps for RVers
A few topics I DON'T cover, since I have zero experience in these areas, are:
- Traveling with kids
- How to downsize to an RV from a house
- How to travel with pets
Transitioning to living on the road was the best decision my husband and I could have ever made. RVing has improved our marriage and our life together, and we've seen more of America than we could have ever imagined.
While this book isn't about our story or why you should travel, it will be a useful tool as you find yourself asking a million different questions about what it's like living in an RV.
Oh, and don't forget to use the #RVlife on Instagram once you start traveling. That's what all the cool kids do.
|Easy Campfire Cooking: 200+ Family Fun Recipes for Cooking Over Coals and In the Flames with a Dutch Oven, Foil Packets, and More! (Fox Chapel Publishing) Recipes for Camping, Scouting, and Bonfires
Lowest new price: $7.79
Lowest used price: $6.61
List price: $12.95
Author: Peg Couch
Brand: Heliconia Press
Model: Fox Chapel
What's not to love about cooking over a fire in the great outdoors? Inside Easy Campfire Cooking you'll find recipes for cooking with:
- Sticks: Recipes not just for s'mores, but everything from meatballs to eggs
- Skewers and Kebabs: Recipes include pork, shrimp, vegetables, and even pizza
- Foil packets: Recipes from potatoes & eggs for breakfast and fajitas for dinner to desserts like pears in caramel sauce
- Pie irons: Recipes include frittatas, toasties, pies, and turnovers
- Skillets: Recipes for everything from flapjacks to a pork chop dinner
- Dutch Ovens: Recipes include soups, stews, chili, and even a one-pot lasagna
- Grates: Recipes for chicken, burgers, corn, and french fries
Whether you are heading out on a camping trip or simply enjoying a backyard bonfire, this book will satisfy your appetite and provide hours of entertainment for the whole family! You'll find many recipes for a variety of fun cooking methods like cooking on a stick, in a foil packet, with a Dutch oven, in a skillet, with a pie iron, and more.
Great for scouting groups, Easy Campfire Cooking is filled with tips, campfire safety, and techniques on how to build the perfect cooking fire. From breakfast treats, to hot dogs, to s'mores and more—you'll find recipes the whole family will love. Best of all, cooking over a fire brings together family and friends to enjoy food and fun in a relaxing atmosphere.
- Easy Campfire Cooking
- Peg Couch
|Moon Zion & Bryce: Including Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Grand Staircase-Escalante & Moab (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $11.63
Lowest used price: $11.32
List price: $19.99
Author: W. C. McRae
Brand: McRae W C
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure
Moon Zion & Bryce is the ultimate guide to exploring all five national parks that define southern Utah's thrilling landscape.
Inside you'll find:
- Full coverage of Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Arches National Park, and Capitol Reef National Park
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long road trip covering all of them, designed for outdoor adventurers, road-trippers, families, and more
- The top experiences and unique ideas for exploring each park: Find the best spots for photographing the sunrise, or get your adrenaline pumping on a white-water rafting excursion down the Colorado River. Explore the beautiful remains of ancient Native American rock art on display all over the parks, or discover the creative, energetic spirit of nearby Moab. Enjoy the serenity of Bryce in the winter season on cross-country skis, or take a week-long summer road trip to hit every spot on your list
- Strategies for getting to the parks and traveling between them, with suggestions of the best places to stop along the way to eat, rest, or explore, including coverage of gateway cities and towns like Moab, Kodachrome Basin, and Escalante
- Expert tips from seasoned explorers and Utah experts W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell for travelers looking to go backpacking, canyoneering, mountain biking, rafting, rock climbing, horseback riding, or hiking, plus essential packing and health and safety information
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Where to stay inside and outside the parks, including the best spots to pitch a tent, park your RV, or relax at an upscale resort
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
With Moon Zion & Bryce's expert advice, diverse activities, and local insight, you can explore the parks your way.
Hitting more of North America's incredible national parks? Try Moon Grand Canyon, Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton, or Moon Glacier National Park. Hitting the road? Try Moon Southwest Road Trip.
- Moon Zion Bryce Including Arches Canyonlands Capitol Reef Grand Staircase Escalante Moab Travel Guide
- 50 Best Short Hikes in Utah's National Parks
- Utah's Grand Circle Road & Recreation Map: National Parks of Southern Utah & Northern Arizona, 1st Edition
- Lonely Planet Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks (Travel Guide)
- Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks (Travel Guide)
- Fodor's Utah: with Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef & Canyonlands National Parks (Travel Guide)
- Zion National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
- A Complete Guide to the Grand Circle National Parks: Covering Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Arches, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, and Grand Canyon National Parks (English and Japanese Edition)
- Utah National Parks [Map Pack Bundle] (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
- Hiking Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks: A Guide To Southwestern Utah's Greatest Hikes (Regional Hiking Series)
- Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Including Jackson Hole (Travel Guide)
|The Campout Cookbook: Inspired Recipes for Cooking Around the Fire and Under the Stars
Lowest new price: $15.41
List price: $19.95
Author: Marnie Hanel
Forget freeze-dried astronaut meals and bags of stale, store-bought gorp. Finally, here’s a cookbook that complements the magic of gathering around a campfire and sharing a meal with friends. From the IACP Award–winning authors of The Picnic, which brought taste and style to eating outdoors (in the daytime), comes its companion, for leaving civilization behind and dining under the stars. A mix of dishes to make ahead and meals to cook on-site, The Campout Cookbook includes more than 75 recipes for wood-fired skillet pizzas; backcountry stews and chilies; fire-roasted vegetables and cast-iron breads; unexpected dips, jerkies, and high-energy bars; breakfasts to satisfy that yawning hunger that comes from sleeping in the fresh air; s’mores, of course (including Vanilla Bean Dream Marshmallows & Co. and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Caramel Fire-Ban S’mores); and cocktails, coolers, warm libations for chilly nights, and a Blood Orange Bug Juice.
Plus there’s inspiration and know-how for every avid camper and enthusiastic neophyte: How to find a suitable campsite and build a campfire specifically for cooking over, and how to keep it going. Stargazing for city slickers. A troubleshooting guide. And the definitive packing list and camp kitchen essentials. Just add a few scary stories for a truly memorable campout.
Page 1 of 385
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.