|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Boy Scouts Handbook: The First Edition, 1911 (Dover Books on Americana)
Lowest new price: $7.25
Lowest used price: $6.32
List price: $11.95
Author: Boy Scouts of America
Brand: Dover Publications
Read by presidents, scientists, and national heroes, the Boy Scouts Handbook has been used by generations of American youths. Filled with practical advice for everyone, the book contains everything from safety tips on swimming and instructions for putting up a tent to directions for making an aquarium and pointers on how to identify common North American trees.
More than 200 figures and illustrations accompany valuable information on woodcrafting, camping, sailing, hiking, health and endurance, and providing first aid. But more than just a guide to outdoor life, the handbook also offers timeless observations on politeness, patriotism, and good citizenship.
As useful and valid today as it was when first published nearly 100 years ago, the Boy Scouts Handbook will delight Americana enthusiasts as much as it will be treasured by collectors and nature lovers.
|Camping America's Guide to Free and Low-Cost Campgrounds: Includes Campgrounds $12 and Under in the United States (Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds)
Lowest new price: $8.95
Lowest used price: $9.71
List price: $21.95
Author: Don Wright
Brand: Don Wright
Guidebook of all U.S. campgrounds with overnight camping fees of $12 or less, including thousands that are free. Not only will this book pay for itself the first time it is used, but it also provides information on stunning park campgrounds across the great United States. Nearly 12,000 campgrounds are listed, including national parks, national forests, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Corps of Engineers, state parks and forests, wildlife areas, small mom-and-pop campgrounds and thousands of city and county parks with camping.
- Camping America s Guide to Free and Low Cost Campgrounds Includes Campgrounds 12 and Under in the United States Don Wright s Guide to Free Campgrounds
|White Mountain Guide: AMC’s Comprehensive Guide to Hiking Trails in the White Mountain National Forest
Lowest new price: $12.97
Lowest used price: $16.55
List price: $24.95
Brand: Globe Pequot Press
Now in print for 110 years, hikers have relied on AMC's White Mountain Guide for two centuries. This guidebook is the most trusted resource for the hiking trails of the magnificent White Mountain National Forest and surrounding regions. The thirtieth edition has been thoroughly updated and revised with accurate descriptions of over 500 trails, six topographic maps with trail segment mileage, trip planning and safety information, and a checklist of New England's Four-Thousand Footers. Now with an easier to navigate interior layout and icons, trip planning is a cinch. With expert advice and trail coverage, this comprehensive guide is the perfect companion for planning a hike. Whether it's a day trip to stunning waterfalls, a backpacking adventure in the Great Gulf Wilderness, or Mount Washington, the White Mountain Guide is the only resource you need for your adventures in the White Mountains.
AMC's Best Day Hikes in the White Mountains, 3rd Edition by Robert N. Buchsbaum
Passport to AMC's High Huts in the White Mountains by Ty Wivell
AMC's Best Backpacking in New England, 2nd Edition by Matt Heid
- White Mountain Guide AMC S Comprehensive Guide to Hiking Trails in the White Mountain National Forest
|The Backpacker's Field Manual, Revised and Updated: A Comprehensive Guide to Mastering Backcountry Skills
Lowest new price: $7.68
Lowest used price: $2.92
List price: $16.00
Author: Rick Curtis
Brand: Random House
Model: Random House
When it was first published in 1998, The Backpacker's Field Manual set the standard for comprehensive backpacking books. Now exhaustively updated to offer a more complete view of backpacking today, it covers the latest developments in gear—such as Global Positioning Systems and ultralight hiking equipment—first aid, and Leave No Trace comping, and includes a chapter devoted to outdoor leadership resources and basics. Beginners and experienced hikers alike will find this book indispensable for trip planning strategies and also as a quick reference on the trail for:
BACKCOUNTRY SKILLS—how to forecast the weather, identify trees, bear-proof your campsite, wrap an injured ankle, and more--illustrated with more than 100 line drawings.
TRICKS OF THE TRAIL—time-tested practical lessons learned along the way
GOING ULTRALIGHT—downsizing suggestions for those who want to lighten up
Every traveler knows that space in a backpack is limited, so on your next trip, carry the only guide you'll ever need—this one—and take to the great outdoors with confidence.
- Backpacking from A to Z
- Perfect for beginners and a handy reference and refresher for experienced trekkers
- Simple easy to use format
- Great for trip leaders
|The Ultimate Hang: Hammock Camping Illustrated
Lowest new price: $23.40
List price: $19.95
Author: Derek Hansen
The second edition to the highly-rated book on hammock camping.
What's new: Completely re-written with all-new sections on hammock FAQs and basics for new hangers and an expanded advanced section for veterans, plus a DIY section to get you started making your own hammock gear.
The Ultimate Hang 2 covers everything from suspension systems, hammock stands, staying dry, warm, and bug free, along with setting up hammocks indoors.
Hammocks are one of the most comfortable ways to enjoy the indoors, and make great companions for a long-distance thru-hike, relaxing at a park, a weekend backpacking trip, or an overnight in the woods! Get off the ground and begin enjoying the outdoors.
Updated with more than 300 illustrations, The Ultimate Hang 2 helps you discover the freedom, comfort, and convenience of hammock camping. Learn how to set up and use a hammock to stay dry, warm, and bug free in a Leave No Trace-friendly way.
All the best tips and techniques on hammock camping in one place. Stop searching and start relaxing.
|The Natural Navigator: The Rediscovered Art of Letting Nature Be Your Guide
Lowest new price: $8.98
Lowest used price: $7.37
List price: $14.95
Author: Tristan Gooley
Brand: Tristan Gooley
Before GPS, before the compass, and even before cartography, humankind was navigating. Now this singular guide helps us rediscover what our ancestors long understood―that a windswept tree, the depth of a puddle, or a trill of birdsong can help us find our way, if we know what to look and listen for. Adventurer and navigation expert Tristan Gooley unlocks the directional clues hidden in the sun, moon, stars, clouds, weather patterns, lengthening shadows, changing tides, plant growth, and the habits of wildlife. Rich with navigational anecdotes collected across ages, continents, and cultures, The Natural Navigator will help keep you on course and open your eyes to the wonders, large and small, of the natural world.
- The Natural Navigator The Rediscovered Art of Letting Nature Be Your Guide
|A Woman's Guide to the Wild: Your Complete Outdoor Handbook
Lowest new price: $10.44
Lowest used price: $7.45
List price: $18.95
Author: Ruby McConnell
Brand: McConnell Ruby
For women who enjoy hiking, camping, backpacking, and other outdoor recreation or those inspired by Cheryl Strayed’s Wild, this is the definitive guide to being a woman in the great outdoors. This friendly handbook covers the matters of most concern to women, from “feminine functions” in the wilderness to how to deal with condescending men, as well as the basics of wilderness survival tailored to women’s unique needs. It includes gear lists in addition to advice for camp setup, fire building, food and water, safety, weather, and navigation.
- A Woman s Guide to the Wild Your Complete Outdoor Handbook
|Family Camping Journal: Perfect RV Journal/Camping Diary or Gift for Campers: Over 120 Pages with Prompts for Writing: Capture Memories, Camping ... Camping Gift (Camping Journals) (Volume 1)
Lowest new price: $8.99
Lowest used price: $4.82
List price: $8.99
Author: Cute Notebooks
Marshmallows! Campfires! Remember every Special Moment with this Fun Family Camping Journal!
Is there anything better than sleeping under the stars? Or the smell of marshmallows toasting over an open fire? Now you can capture and record every amazing family memory this summer with a rustic camping journal.
This Camping Diary & Camping Activity Book for Families features:
- Large 8.5” x 11” soft cover book with over 120 pre-formatted pages to record information like campground name, dates, site number and location.
- A weather scale to remember all the sunny (or maybe rainy) camping days.
- Each page features writing prompts like, “We camped with…”, “Our favorite thing to do at this campground was…”, “If we visited again, we would be sure to….”, and more.
- Plenty of space to write about favorite vacation memories, best camping recipes as well as a spot to include a daily photograph or drawing.
- Lots and lots of pages (over 120!) to use how you wish. Try it as a daily camping diary for one trip, or summarize a whole trip on one page and record over 60 trips in one book! The possibilities are endless.
Camping Journals make great:
- Gifts for Campers
- Gifts for RV Lovers & Camping Enthusiasts
- Camping Activity Books for Boys, Girls, Kids & Families
- Camping Log Book & Planner
Adventure is Out There. Just Go and Get Lost!
- UNO Wilderness Game
- Goodnight, Campsite: (A children's Book on Camping Featuring RVs, Travel Trailers, Fifth-Wheels, Pop-UPs and Other Camper Options.)
- Camp Daze Mad Libs
- RV Camper Gifts Life is Better in a Camper Camping Gifts Vintage Camper Accessories Gift 2 Pack Gift Coffee Mugs Tea Cups Green
- Camp Talk
- Brave Little Camper Saves Christmas: Board Book (Padded Picture Book)
- Camper Trailer Ornament by Midwest-CBK
- The New Camp Cookbook: Gourmet Grub for Campers, Road Trippers, and Adventurers
- Easy Campfire Cooking: 200+ Family Fun Recipes for Cooking Over Coals and In the Flames with a Dutch Oven, Foil Packets, and More! (Fox Chapel Publishing) Recipes for Camping, Scouting, and Bonfires
- Camping Journal: Summer Journal for Kids: Summer Journal for Kids with Prompts: Camping Journal:Vacation Journal (Summer Journals for Kids)
|Fifty Places to Camp Before You Die
Lowest new price: $9.16
Lowest used price: $5.16
List price: $24.95
Author: Chris Santella
In Fifty Places to Camp Before You Die, Chris Santella illuminates the best destinations for exploring the great outdoors. The book features the world’s top spots for sleeping under the stars and enjoying a host of outdoor recreational activities that make camping such a time-honored tradition. Featuring favorite US National Parks destinations—as well as more exotic locales in Italy, Chile, France, Botswana, Germany, and more—Santella provides helpful information and tips that will appeal to novice campers and seasoned outdoorsmen alike.
Interviews with camping experts and beautiful, vibrant photography bring each location to life. Fifty Places to Camp Before You Die makes camping trips more accessible with easy-to-follow advice, enthralling anecdotes, and tips and plans for creating your own amazing outdoor memories.
- Fifty Places to Hike Before You Die: Outdoor Experts Share the World's Greatest Destinations
- Fifty Places to Bike Before You Die: Biking Experts Share the World's Greatest Destinations
- Fifty Places to Drink Beer Before You Die
- Fifty Places to Paddle Before You Die: Kayaking and Rafting Experts Share the World’s Greatest Destinations
- America's Great Hiking Trails: Appalachian, Pacific Crest, Continental Divide, North Country, Ice Age, Potomac Heritage, Florida, Natchez Trace, Arizona, Pacific Northwest, New England
- Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die
- Fifty Places to Ski and Snowboard Before You Die: Downhill Experts Share the World's Greatest Destinations
- Walking Distance: Extraordinary Hikes for Ordinary People
- Fifty More Places to Fly Fish Before You Die: Fly-fishing Experts Share More of the World's Greatest Destinations
- Classic Hikes of North America: 25 Breathtaking Treks in the United States and Canada
|Scout Jokes: A collection of clean jokes and stories related to Scouting, camping and hiking
Lowest new price: $6.09
Lowest used price: $7.35
List price: $7.95
Author: Thomas Mercaldo
Scout Jokes is a large collection of jokes targeted toward scouts and various scouting topics such as camping, hiking, campfires, etc. With its large selection of in depth jokes and one liners Scout Jokes is the perfect book for any scout looking to have a good laugh.
- Scout Jokes A Collection of Clean Jokes and Stories Related to Scouting Camping and Hiking
Page 2 of 358
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.