|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Campout Cookbook: Inspired Recipes for Cooking Around the Fire and Under the Stars
Lowest new price: $14.55
Lowest used price: $15.34
List price: $19.95
Author: Marnie Hanel
Brand: AMERICAN WEST BOOKS
Forget freeze-dried astronaut meals and bags of stale, store-bought gorp. Finally, here’s a cookbook that complements the magic of gathering around a campfire and sharing a meal with friends. From the IACP Award–winning authors of The Picnic, which brought taste and style to eating outdoors (in the daytime), comes its companion, for leaving civilization behind and dining under the stars. A mix of dishes to make ahead and meals to cook on-site, The Campout Cookbook includes more than 75 recipes for wood-fired skillet pizzas; backcountry stews and chilies; fire-roasted vegetables and cast-iron breads; unexpected dips, jerkies, and high-energy bars; breakfasts to satisfy that yawning hunger that comes from sleeping in the fresh air; s’mores, of course (including Vanilla Bean Dream Marshmallows & Co. and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Caramel Fire-Ban S’mores); and cocktails, coolers, warm libations for chilly nights, and a Blood Orange Bug Juice.
Plus there’s inspiration and know-how for every avid camper and enthusiastic neophyte: How to find a suitable campsite and build a campfire specifically for cooking over, and how to keep it going. Stargazing for city slickers. A troubleshooting guide. And the definitive packing list and camp kitchen essentials. Just add a few scary stories for a truly memorable campout.
|A Beginner's Guide to Living in an RV: Everything I Wish I Knew Before Full-Time RVing Across America
Lowest new price: $13.65
Lowest used price: $11.28
List price: $13.99
Author: Alyssa Padgett
When my husband and I started full-time RVing, we knew nothing about RV living. We made it up as we traveled to all fifty states, constantly googling things like "how to RV" and "what is boondocking?" Meanwhile, we flooded the bathroom, took ice cold showers, and got stuck in the mud.
Now, we've been full-timing for over three years and we've learned the ins and outs of RVing America.
In this guide, I answer all of the most common questions we receive about RV living, from how to choose the right RV to how we get mail on the road, to how to find free camping.
This guide is for anyone exploring the RV lifestyle and looking for RVing books to help make the transition easier. Also, because I want to make sure this book is valuable for you, below you can see a few specific areas of RVing I cover.
A few topics I cover in the guide:
- How to find great internet on the road
- The costs of full-time RVing
- Whether or not to tow a car behind your RV
- What we do for health insurance while traveling
- The best RVing clubs and memberships
- Our favorite apps for RVers
A few topics I DON'T cover, since I have zero experience in these areas, are:
- Traveling with kids
- How to downsize to an RV from a house
- How to travel with pets
Transitioning to living on the road was the best decision my husband and I could have ever made. RVing has improved our marriage and our life together, and we've seen more of America than we could have ever imagined.
While this book isn't about our story or why you should travel, it will be a useful tool as you find yourself asking a million different questions about what it's like living in an RV.
Oh, and don't forget to use the #RVlife on Instagram once you start traveling. That's what all the cool kids do.
- Motorhome and RV Retirement Living: The Most Enjoyable and Least Expensive Way to Retire
- Secrets of RVing on Social Security: How to Enjoy the Motorhome and RV Lifestyle While Living on Your Social Security Income
- Best RV Tips from RVTipOfTheDay.com
- RVing, 4E (Idiot's Guides)
- RV Living Full Time:: 100+ Amazing Tips, Secrets, Hacks & Resources to Motorhome Living!
- Smart RV Travel Guide For The Lower 48 States: List of RV & National Parks, the Cost, the Amenities, What to See and Do in Each State
- The Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide (Good Sams Rv Travel Guide & Campground Directory)
- Camping America's Guide to Free and Low-Cost Campgrounds: Includes Campgrounds $12 and Under in the United States (Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds)
- 50 States, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do
- Take Risks: One Couple’s Journey to Quit Their Jobs and Hit the Open Road (We're the Russos)
|The Useful Knots Book: How to Tie the 25+ Most Practical Knots (Escape, Evasion, and Survival) (Volume 3)
Lowest new price: $8.99
Lowest used price: $9.15
List price: $8.99
Author: Sam Fury
Discover How to Tie the Only Knots You'll Ever Need!
Knowing how to tie knots is an important and useful skill, but some people get overwhelmed.
There are many knots, far too many for the average person to remember them all.
Fortunately, being able to tie just a handful of knots is enough to see you through.
The Useful Knots Book is a no-nonsense knot guide on how to tie the 25+ most practical rope knots.
It comes with easy to follow instructions and pictures for tying each of the knots. It also has tips on when to best use each knot.
Get Your Copy of The Useful Knots Book Today
Limited Time Only Bonus Freebies
5 FREE BONUSES FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! Get your copy of The Useful Knots Book TODAY and you will receive:
- Survival roping techniques. Learn how to get yourself out of survival situations using nothing but a rope.
- How to protect yourself from environmental dangers. Don't perish from cold and heat illnesses!
- A basic first aid guide so you can save lives in critical situations.
- The Survival Fitness Plan Super Burpee. A warm-up, stretch, and conditioning workout all in one exercise.
- A 15-minute yoga stretch routine.
The Ultimate Knots Guide
- Explanations of common knots and ropes terms
- Easy to follow instructions and clear pictures
- Tips for proper rope care
- Advice on how to choose right knot for the job
- All the fundamental boy scout knots
... and much, much more!
Learn About The 5 Main Types of Knots and When to Use Them
- Stopper Knots
Discover all the Knots You Need
in this complete knot tying visual guide
- From basic knots to more advanced ones
- Climbing knots
- Various bowline knots
- Fishing knots
- Boating knots
- Knots for survival
... and more!
Get Your Copy of The Useful Knots Book and Start Tying Knots Today
- Knot Tying Kit | Pro-Knot Best Rope Knot Cards, two practice cords and a carabiner
- The Field Guide to Knots: How to Identify, Tie, and Untie Over 80 Essential Knots for Outdoor Pursuits
- The Ultimate Book of Everyday Knots: (over 5,000 copies sold)
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects: Simple Instructions for Survival Bracelets and Other DIY Projects (Fox Chapel Publishing) 12 Easy Lanyards, Keychains, and More using Parachute Cord for Ropecrafting
- Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
- Decorative Fusion Knots: A Step-by-Step Illustrated Guide to New and Unusual Ornamental Knots
- Bushcraft First Aid: A Field Guide to Wilderness Emergency Care
- Wilderness Navigation: Finding Your Way Using Map, Compass, Altimeter & GPS (Mountaineers Outdoor Basics)
- Pro-Knot Outdoor Knots
- The Morrow Guide to Knots: for Sailing, Fishing, Camping, Climbing
|Camping America's Guide to Free and Low-Cost Campgrounds: Includes Campgrounds $12 and Under in the United States (Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds)
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $7.70
List price: $21.95
Author: Don Wright
Brand: Cottage Publications
Guidebook of all U.S. campgrounds with overnight camping fees of $12 or less, including thousands that are free. Not only will this book pay for itself the first time it is used, but it also provides information on stunning park campgrounds across the great United States. Nearly 12,000 campgrounds are listed, including national parks, national forests, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Corps of Engineers, state parks and forests, wildlife areas, small mom-and-pop campgrounds and thousands of city and county parks with camping.
|Feast by Firelight: Simple Recipes for Camping, Cabins, and the Great Outdoors
Lowest new price: $10.90
Lowest used price: $7.96
List price: $22.00
Author: Emma Frisch
A transporting, lushly photographed book with easy-to-prepare recipes for gatherings at campgrounds and cabins alike.
Feast by Firelight offers solution-oriented recipes that make cooking outdoors feel effortless and downright fun and it shows how to utilize clever cooking methods, prep food at home, and pack smart. The book includes recipes for camp cooking as well as detailed menus, shopping and equipment lists, and tips showing how to prepare before you leave. Featuring 70 accessible recipes, it is the first of its kind in the outdoor-cooking niche to pair useful information with evocative photography of finished dishes and useful illustrations (such as how to pack a cooler and how to build a fire), setting a new standard for camping cookbooks.
|Family Camping Journal: Perfect RV Journal/Camping Diary or Gift for Campers: Over 120 Pages with Prompts for Writing: Capture Memories, Camping ... Camping Gift (Camping Journals) (Volume 1)
Lowest new price: $8.99
Lowest used price: $4.13
List price: $8.99
Author: Cute Notebooks
Marshmallows! Campfires! Remember every Special Moment with this Fun Family Camping Journal!
Is there anything better than sleeping under the stars? Or the smell of marshmallows toasting over an open fire? Now you can capture and record every amazing family memory this summer with a rustic camping journal.
This Camping Diary & Camping Activity Book for Families features:
- Large 8.5” x 11” soft cover book with over 120 pre-formatted pages to record information like campground name, dates, site number and location.
- A weather scale to remember all the sunny (or maybe rainy) camping days.
- Each page features writing prompts like, “We camped with…”, “Our favorite thing to do at this campground was…”, “If we visited again, we would be sure to….”, and more.
- Plenty of space to write about favorite vacation memories, best camping recipes as well as a spot to include a daily photograph or drawing.
- Lots and lots of pages (over 120!) to use how you wish. Try it as a daily camping diary for one trip, or summarize a whole trip on one page and record over 60 trips in one book! The possibilities are endless.
Camping Journals make great:
- Gifts for Campers
- Gifts for RV Lovers & Camping Enthusiasts
- Camping Activity Books for Boys, Girls, Kids & Families
- Camping Log Book & Planner
Adventure is Out There. Just Go and Get Lost!
|The Wright Guide to Free and Low-cost Campgrounds: Includes Campgrounds $20 and Under in the United States (Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds)
Lowest new price: $17.52
Lowest used price: $24.91
List price: $22.95
Author: Don Wright
Guidebook of all U.S. campgrounds with overnight camping fees of $20 or less, including thousands that are free. Not only will this book pay for itself the first time it is used, but it also provides information on stunning park campgrounds across the great United States. Thousands of campgrounds are listed, including national parks, national forests, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Corps of Engineers, state parks and forests, wildlife areas, small mom-and-pop campgrounds and thousands of city and county parks with camping.
- The Next Exit 2019: USA Interstate Highway Exit Directory
- Prep Solutions by Progressive Microwave Multi-Mat, Non-Stick Heat Resistant, 12" Inch Diameter, Protect From Spill Overs, Dishwasher Safe, Splatter Guard, Drying Mat, Trivet, Jar Opener, Hot Pad
- RV Camping in Corps of Engineers Parks: Guide to over 600 Corps-managed campgrounds on nearly 200 lakes around the country
- Camco Water Bandit -Connects Your Standard Water Hose To Various Water Sources - Lead Free (22484)
- The Wright Guide to Camping with the Corps of Engineers
- No~Shock~Zone RV Electrical Safety
- the Next EXIT 2018
- Premium RV Slide Out Rubber Seal Conditioner and Protectant - 14 oz - Thetford 32778
- Esright Brass Water Pressure Regulator Lead-Free with Gauge for RV Camper Adjustable Water Pressure Regulator (NH Threads Contains Oil)
- Camco FasTen 4x2 Leveling Block For Dual Tires, Interlocking Design Allows Stacking To Desired Height, Includes Secure T-Handle Carrying System, Yellow (Pack of 10) (44515)
|How to Stay Alive in the Woods: A Complete Guide to Food, Shelter, and Self-Preservation That Makes Starvation in the Wilderness Next to Impossible
Lowest new price: $11.01
Lowest used price: $3.83
List price: $18.99
Author: Bradford Angier
For more than 30 years, sportsmen, hunters, and camping families have carried this book with them every time they have ventured into the woods. In 26 clearly written, illustrated chapters, Bradford Angier spells out tips that can save time, energy and even lives. Illustrations .
Rosehips, rich in vitamin C, will remedy scurvy. Poplar, red cedar, elm, and willow are preferable for friction fires. If stuck on a flat, shelterless desert, dig a shallow pit (east-west) to lie in; even a few feet can result in a 100-degree temperature change. This is the sort of information outdoor enthusiasts will find in Bradford Angier's classic guide to survival in the wilderness. Divided into four parts (sustenance, warmth, orientation, safety), How To Stay Alive in the Woods is packed with woodcraft tips and age-old tricks--and it's packable as well, so don't leave home without it.
- ISBN13: 9780684831015
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
|Fifty Places to Camp Before You Die
Lowest new price: $9.00
Lowest used price: $5.16
List price: $24.95
Author: Chris Santella
In Fifty Places to Camp Before You Die, Chris Santella illuminates the best destinations for exploring the great outdoors. The book features the world’s top spots for sleeping under the stars and enjoying a host of outdoor recreational activities that make camping such a time-honored tradition. Featuring favorite US National Parks destinations—as well as more exotic locales in Italy, Chile, France, Botswana, Germany, and more—Santella provides helpful information and tips that will appeal to novice campers and seasoned outdoorsmen alike.
Interviews with camping experts and beautiful, vibrant photography bring each location to life. Fifty Places to Camp Before You Die makes camping trips more accessible with easy-to-follow advice, enthralling anecdotes, and tips and plans for creating your own amazing outdoor memories.
- Fifty Places to Hike Before You Die: Outdoor Experts Share the World's Greatest Destinations
- Fifty Places to Paddle Before You Die: Kayaking and Rafting Experts Share the World’s Greatest Destinations
- Fifty Places to Bike Before You Die: Biking Experts Share the World's Greatest Destinations
- Fifty Places to Drink Beer Before You Die
- Fifty Places to Run Before You Die: Running Experts Share the World's Greatest Destinations
- Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die
- Fifty Places to Ski and Snowboard Before You Die: Downhill Experts Share the World's Greatest Destinations
- Fifty Places to Play Golf Before You Die: Golf Experts Share the World's Greatest Destinations
- America's Great Hiking Trails: Appalachian, Pacific Crest, Continental Divide, North Country, Ice Age, Potomac Heritage, Florida, Natchez Trace, Arizona, Pacific Northwest, New England
- Great Hiking Trails of the World: 80 Trails, 75,000 Miles, 38 Countries, 6 Continents
|Dirty Gourmet: Food for Your Outdoor Adventures
Lowest new price: $17.36
Lowest used price: $18.88
List price: $24.95
Author: Dirty Gourmet
Brand: Brand: Mountaineers Books
DOWNLOAD THREE FREE SAMPLE RECIPES FROM DIRTY GOURMET
“Dirty Gourmet” is really a lifestyle, one that celebrates delicious food, warm company, and outdoor fun. It emerged as a website and blog when friends Aimee Trudeau, Emily Nielson, and Mai-Yan Kwan joined forces to share their love of wilderness, outdoor education experiences, and knowledge of backcountry cooking through classes, workshops, catering events, and easy yet exciting recipes.
- More than 120 deliciously modern recipes for day trips, car camping, and backcountry adventures
- Offers a fun and easy approach to planning and prepping camp food
- The Dirty Gourmet authors were recently featured in Sunset magazine and other national media
Now, their new book, Dirty Gourmet: Food for Your Outdoor Adventures, extends their mission to get more people to eat well outdoors and have fun doing it! It emphasizes healthy eating with fresh ingredients, efficient techniques, and global flavors. Breakfast, trail meals, sweet and savory snacks, dinners, appetizers, side dishes, desserts, even refreshing camp drinks―it’s all here! Camp cooks can choose recipes based on the type of activity they are pursuing―from picnics, day hikes, and car camping to backcountry adventures by foot, bike, or paddle―as well as find recipes perfect for large groups.
Recipes are organized by activity:
To simplify packing and planning, each section offers a base kit checklist of needed supplies along with tips on getting organized, preparing ingredients, and cooking with different methods. Complemented by full-color photos, each recipe features insights from the authors, any additional tools needed, quick-reference icons, step-by-step instructions for what to prepare at home and in camp, plus creative variations.
- Car campers can relax around the fire with Ember Roasted Baba Ghanoush and Mason Jar Sangria before diving into One Pot Pasta Puttanesca and Grilled Green Bean Salad, with Maple Syrup Dumplings for dessert.
- Day hikers will want to take a break on the trail with Spicy Tofu Jerky and Curried Chickpea Salad or maybe a Pressed Sandwich with Sundried Tomato Pesto.
- Backpackers can start their day with Fried Grits Scramble with Greens, Leeks, and Bacon and recharge in the evening with Soba Noodles with Sweet Chili Chicken and a Hibiscus Chia Cooler.
- Mountaineers Books Dirty Gourmet - 9781680511291
Page 2 of 441
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.