|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Survival Hacks: Over 200 Ways to Use Everyday Items for Wilderness Survival
Lowest new price: $6.23
Lowest used price: $3.83
List price: $16.99
Author: Creek Stewart
Brand: Stewart Creek
Turn everyday items into survival necessities!
Would you be prepared if you needed to survive in the wilderness? Survival expert Creek Stewart shares his cache of practical, easy-to-follow tricks to help you transform everyday items into valuable gear that can save your life. Survival Hacks takes you step-by-step through transforming simple objects like soda tabs and plant leaves into essential survival tools.
This rough-and-rugged guide covers everything from small-scale hacks, like using sticks and rope to make a table, to the big stuff, like creating a one-person emergency shelter from a trash bag or purifying dirty water using a plastic bottle and the sun. And you can be ready anywhere you go with everyday carry kits, pocket-sized survival kits, so you're never without the essential tools you need to make it on your own. Being prepared can make the difference when it comes to your survival in an emergency. And Survival Hacks makes it a whole lot easier.
- Survival Hacks Over 200 Ways to Use Everyday Items for Wilderness Survival
|A Beginner's Guide to Living in an RV: Everything I Wish I Knew Before Full-Time RVing Across America
Lowest new price: $10.26
List price: $12.99
Author: Alyssa Padgett
When my husband and I started full-time RVing, we knew nothing about RV living. We made it up as we traveled to all fifty states, constantly googling things like "how to RV" and "what is boondocking?" Meanwhile, we flooded the bathroom, took ice cold showers, and got stuck in the mud.
Now, we've been full-timing for over three years and we've learned the ins and outs of RVing America.
In this guide, I answer all of the most common questions we receive about RV living, from how to choose the right RV to how we get mail on the road, to how to find free camping.
This guide is for anyone exploring the RV lifestyle and looking for RVing books to help make the transition easier. Also, because I want to make sure this book is valuable for you, below you can see a few specific areas of RVing I cover.
A few topics I cover in the guide:
- How to find great internet on the road
- The costs of full-time RVing
- Whether or not to tow a car behind your RV
- What we do for health insurance while traveling
- The best RVing clubs and memberships
- Our favorite apps for RVers
A few topics I DON'T cover, since I have zero experience in these areas, are:
- Traveling with kids
- How to downsize to an RV from a house
- How to travel with pets
Transitioning to living on the road was the best decision my husband and I could have ever made. RVing has improved our marriage and our life together, and we've seen more of America than we could have ever imagined.
While this book isn't about our story or why you should travel, it will be a useful tool as you find yourself asking a million different questions about what it's like living in an RV.
Oh, and don't forget to use the #RVlife on Instagram once you start traveling. That's what all the cool kids do.
- Motorhome and RV Retirement Living: The Most Enjoyable and Least Expensive Way to Retire
- Secrets of RVing on Social Security: How to Enjoy the Motorhome and RV Lifestyle While Living on Your Social Security Income
- RV Living Full Time:: 100+ Amazing Tips, Secrets, Hacks & Resources to Motorhome Living!
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to RVing, 3e
- RV Living: An Essential Guide to Full-time Rving and Motorhome Living
- RV LIVING: An Ultimate Beginner's Guide To The Full-time RV Life - 111 Exclusive Tips And Tricks For Motorhome Living, including Boondocking: (how to live in an rv,travel trailers,rv lifestyle)
- Camping America's Guide to Free and Low-Cost Campgrounds: Includes Campgrounds $12 and Under in the United States (Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds)
- Best RV Tips from RVTipOfTheDay.com
- How to Live In a Car, Van, or RV: And Get Out of Debt, Travel, and Find True Freedom
- Buying a Used Motorhome - How to get the most for your money and not get burned
|So Much S'more to Do: Over 50 Variations of the Campfire Classic
Lowest new price: $4.31
Lowest used price: $1.08
List price: $6.95
Author: Becky Rasmussen
Brand: Adventure Publications Inc.
S’mores are as much a part of camping as tents and sleeping bags, but have you ever wondered how to make this tasty treat even better? Becky Rasmussen provides the answer with 55 simple twists―from holiday recipes to “spirited” s’mores―that will have you begging for s’more! Try delectable desserts like Brownie S’mores, Peanut Butter & Banana S’mores, and Tiramisu S’mores. As added bonuses, the book includes a marshmallow toasting guide, safety tips, clean-up tips, and more. Plus, it’s handy size makes it convenient to bring along on your next outing!
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Bushcraft Boxed Set: Bushcraft 101; Advanced Bushcraft; The Bushcraft Field Guide to Trapping, Gathering, & Cooking in the Wild; Bushcraft First Aid
Lowest new price: $40.80
Lowest used price: $50.93
List price: $67.99
Author: Dave Canterbury
The Bushcraft Boxed Set brings together four titles from wilderness expert and New York Times bestselling author Dave Canterbury.
The collection includes:
Bushcraft 101: The primer to wilderness survival based on the author’s 5Cs of Survivability (cutting tools, covering, combustion devices, containers, and cordages)
Advanced Bushcraft: Takes it to the next level with self-reliance skills that teach you how to survive with little to no equipment
The Bushcraft Guide to Trapping, Gathering, and Cooking in the Wild: Provides everything you need to know about packing, finding, and preparing food while trekking
Bushcraft First Aid: Written with Jason A. Hunt, PhD, it’s the go-to first aid resource for anyone headed into the woods
With this boxed set, you’ll be prepped and ready for your next outdoor adventure—wherever it takes you!
|The Ultimate Hang: Hammock Camping Illustrated
Lowest new price: $18.93
Lowest used price: $18.87
List price: $19.95
Author: Derek Hansen
The second edition to the highly-rated book on hammock camping.
What's new: Completely re-written with all-new sections on hammock FAQs and basics for new hangers and an expanded advanced section for veterans, plus a DIY section to get you started making your own hammock gear.
The Ultimate Hang 2 covers everything from suspension systems, hammock stands, staying dry, warm, and bug free, along with setting up hammocks indoors.
Hammocks are one of the most comfortable ways to enjoy the indoors, and make great companions for a long-distance thru-hike, relaxing at a park, a weekend backpacking trip, or an overnight in the woods! Get off the ground and begin enjoying the outdoors.
Updated with more than 300 illustrations, The Ultimate Hang 2 helps you discover the freedom, comfort, and convenience of hammock camping. Learn how to set up and use a hammock to stay dry, warm, and bug free in a Leave No Trace-friendly way.
All the best tips and techniques on hammock camping in one place. Stop searching and start relaxing.
|White Mountain Guide: AMC’s Comprehensive Guide to Hiking Trails in the White Mountain National Forest
Lowest new price: $16.55
Lowest used price: $16.55
List price: $24.95
Brand: Globe Pequot Press
Now in print for 110 years, hikers have relied on AMC's White Mountain Guide for two centuries. This guidebook is the most trusted resource for the hiking trails of the magnificent White Mountain National Forest and surrounding regions. The thirtieth edition has been thoroughly updated and revised with accurate descriptions of over 500 trails, six topographic maps with trail segment mileage, trip planning and safety information, and a checklist of New England's Four-Thousand Footers. Now with an easier to navigate interior layout and icons, trip planning is a cinch. With expert advice and trail coverage, this comprehensive guide is the perfect companion for planning a hike. Whether it's a day trip to stunning waterfalls, a backpacking adventure in the Great Gulf Wilderness, or Mount Washington, the White Mountain Guide is the only resource you need for your adventures in the White Mountains.
AMC's Best Day Hikes in the White Mountains, 3rd Edition by Robert N. Buchsbaum
Passport to AMC's High Huts in the White Mountains by Ty Wivell
AMC's Best Backpacking in New England, 2nd Edition by Matt Heid
- White Mountain Guide AMC S Comprehensive Guide to Hiking Trails in the White Mountain National Forest
|Easy Campfire Cooking: 200+ Family Fun Recipes for Cooking Over Coals and In the Flames with a Dutch Oven, Foil Packets, and More! (Fox Chapel Publishing) Recipes for Camping, Scouting, and Bonfires
Lowest new price: $7.81
Lowest used price: $7.65
List price: $12.95
Author: Peg Couch
Brand: Heliconia Press
Model: Fox Chapel
What's not to love about cooking over a fire in the great outdoors? Inside Easy Campfire Cooking you'll find recipes for cooking with:
- Sticks: Recipes not just for s'mores, but everything from meatballs to eggs
- Skewers and Kebabs: Recipes include pork, shrimp, vegetables, and even pizza
- Foil packets: Recipes from potatoes & eggs for breakfast and fajitas for dinner to desserts like pears in caramel sauce
- Pie irons: Recipes include frittatas, toasties, pies, and turnovers
- Skillets: Recipes for everything from flapjacks to a pork chop dinner
- Dutch Ovens: Recipes include soups, stews, chili, and even a one-pot lasagna
- Grates: Recipes for chicken, burgers, corn, and french fries
Whether you are heading out on a camping trip or simply enjoying a backyard bonfire, this book will satisfy your appetite and provide hours of entertainment for the whole family! You'll find many recipes for a variety of fun cooking methods like cooking on a stick, in a foil packet, with a Dutch oven, in a skillet, with a pie iron, and more.
Great for scouting groups, Easy Campfire Cooking is filled with tips, campfire safety, and techniques on how to build the perfect cooking fire. From breakfast treats, to hot dogs, to s'mores and more—you'll find recipes the whole family will love. Best of all, cooking over a fire brings together family and friends to enjoy food and fun in a relaxing atmosphere.
- Easy Campfire Cooking
- Peg Couch
|Moon California Camping: The Complete Guide to More Than 1,400 Tent and RV Campgrounds (Moon Outdoors)
Lowest new price: $16.99
Lowest used price: $12.66
List price: $24.99
Author: Tom Stienstra
Brand: Stienstra Tom
Moon Travel Guides: Your Adventure Starts Here
California has 20 million acres of forest, 1,200 miles of coast, and countless wilderness areas, but with Moon California Camping, you'll always find your perfect campsite.
What's inside the 20th edition of Moon California Camping:
Whether you're a veteran or a first-time camper, with Moon's comprehensive coverage and trusted advice, you'll be ready to pitch your tent and enjoy the great outdoors.
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds, from secluded Sierra hike-ins to convenient roadside stopovers, including dog-friendly, family-friendly, and wheelchair accessible options
- Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated by scenery and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds
- Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, white water rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
- Skip the Crowds: Moon California Camping contains many secluded spots and campgrounds not in the online reservation system
- Curated Lists of Top RV and Tent Sites: Pick the right campsite for your travel style with lists like "Best for Families," "Scenic Campgrounds," and "Best Island Retreats"
- Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman Tom Stienstra knows his stuff; he's hiked 25,000 miles in and around these campgrounds for over 30 years
- Essential Information on Hiking the John Muir Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail: includes campgrounds that offer trailhead access
- Tips and Tools: Information on equipment, food and cooking, first aid, and insect protection, plus background on the climate, landscape, and history of the campsites
Narrowing your search? Try Moon Northern California Camping. Looking for some focused advice on outdoor recreation? Check out Moon California Hiking or Moon California Fishing.
Full coverage of: Redwood Empire, Shasta and Trinity, Lassen and Modoc, Mendocino and Wine Country, Sacramento and Gold Country, Tahoe and the Northern Sierra, the San Francisco Bay Area, Monterey and Big Sur, the San Joaquin Valley, Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and San Diego (and their surrounding areas), and the California deserts, including Death Valley and Palm Desert
- Moon California Camping The Complete Guide to More Than 1 400 Tent and RV Campgrounds
- Moon California Hiking: The Complete Guide to 1,000 of the Best Hikes in the Golden State (Moon Outdoors)
- Moon California Fishing: The Complete Guide to Fishing on Lakes, Streams, Rivers, and the Coast (Moon Outdoors)
- Moon West Coast RV Camping: The Complete Guide to More Than 2,300 RV Parks and Campgrounds in Washington, Oregon, and California (Moon Outdoors)
- Moon Northern California Camping: The Complete Guide to Tent and RV Camping (Travel Guide)
- Moon Pacific Northwest Camping: The Complete Guide to Tent and RV Camping in Washington and Oregon (Moon Outdoors)
- Moon Northern California Hiking (Moon Outdoors)
- The Best in Tent Camping: Southern California: A Guide for Car Campers Who Hate RVs, Concrete Slabs, and Loud Portable Stereos (Best Tent Camping)
- Moon Oregon Camping: The Complete Guide to Tent and RV Camping (Moon Outdoors)
- The Best in Tent Camping: Northern California: A Guide for Car Campers Who Hate RVs, Concrete Slabs, and Loud Portable Stereos (Best Tent Camping)
- Camping Northern California: A Comprehensive Guide to Public Tent and RV Campgrounds (State Camping Series)
|Family Camping Journal: Perfect RV Journal/Camping Diary or Gift for Campers: Over 120 Pages with Prompts for Writing: Capture Memories, Camping ... Camping Gift (Camping Journals) (Volume 1)
Lowest new price: $8.99
Lowest used price: $4.90
List price: $8.99
Author: Cute Notebooks
Marshmallows! Campfires! Remember every Special Moment with this Fun Family Camping Journal!
Is there anything better than sleeping under the stars? Or the smell of marshmallows toasting over an open fire? Now you can capture and record every amazing family memory this summer with a rustic camping journal.
This Camping Diary & Camping Activity Book for Families features:
- Large 8.5” x 11” soft cover book with over 120 pre-formatted pages to record information like campground name, dates, site number and location.
- A weather scale to remember all the sunny (or maybe rainy) camping days.
- Each page features writing prompts like, “We camped with…”, “Our favorite thing to do at this campground was…”, “If we visited again, we would be sure to….”, and more.
- Plenty of space to write about favorite vacation memories, best camping recipes as well as a spot to include a daily photograph or drawing.
- Lots and lots of pages (over 120!) to use how you wish. Try it as a daily camping diary for one trip, or summarize a whole trip on one page and record over 60 trips in one book! The possibilities are endless.
Camping Journals make great:
- Gifts for Campers
- Gifts for RV Lovers & Camping Enthusiasts
- Camping Activity Books for Boys, Girls, Kids & Families
- Camping Log Book & Planner
Adventure is Out There. Just Go and Get Lost!
|Boy Scouts Handbook: The First Edition, 1911 (Dover Books on Americana)
Lowest new price: $4.71
Lowest used price: $4.25
List price: $11.95
Author: Boy Scouts of America
Brand: Dover Publications
Read by presidents, scientists, and national heroes, the Boy Scouts Handbook has been used by generations of American youths. Filled with practical advice for everyone, the book contains everything from safety tips on swimming and instructions for putting up a tent to directions for making an aquarium and pointers on how to identify common North American trees.
More than 200 figures and illustrations accompany valuable information on woodcrafting, camping, sailing, hiking, health and endurance, and providing first aid. But more than just a guide to outdoor life, the handbook also offers timeless observations on politeness, patriotism, and good citizenship.
As useful and valid today as it was when first published nearly 100 years ago, the Boy Scouts Handbook will delight Americana enthusiasts as much as it will be treasured by collectors and nature lovers.
Page 2 of 356
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.