|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|AMC's Best Day Hikes in the White Mountains: Four-season Guide to 60 of the Best Trails in the White Mountain National Forest
Lowest new price: $12.91
Lowest used price: $10.00
List price: $19.95
Author: Robert N. Buchsbaum
Brand: NATIONAL BOOK NETWRK
Fully updated and available for the first time in rich, full color, this trusted guide from the publishers of the White Mountain Guide will lead readers to 60 of the most unforgettable day hikes in the breathtaking White Mountain National Forest.
Geared toward beginner and intermediate hikers, this guide has something for everyone, from family-friendly hikes to cascading waterfalls, to a challenging trek through Tuckerman Ravine and the Alpine Zone to the summit of Mount Washington. Readers can explore the region's legendary notches―Crawford, Franconia, Pinkham, Evans―and take in the views from some of New England's most picturesque and sought-after peaks along the Presidential Range.
Each trip includes a detailed map showing parking areas, trailheads, and natural highlights, along with summaries of time, distance, and difficulty level. A handy, at-a-glance trip planner makes it easy to find the best trails for kids, dogs, and winter snowshoeing and skiing.
White Mountain Guide, 29e by Steven D. Smith
Southern New Hampshire Trail Guide, 4e by Steven D. Smith
White Mountain National Forest Map & Guide, 2e
- Amc Best Day Hikes White Mtns
|The Complete Book of Boondock RVing: Camping Off the Beaten Path
Lowest new price: $9.88
Lowest used price: $8.84
List price: $18.00
Author: Bill Moeller
Brand: McGraw Hill
Here’s Your Guide to Camping Off the Beaten Path
Ever feel frustrated by crowded RV parks? Yearn to camp out in the wild beside a babbling mountain brook or before a remote panoramic vista? Bill and Jan Moeller have been doing just that for more than thirty years, and The Complete Book of Boondock RVing is their complete guide to camping without hookups (aka "dry camping"). Whether you’re planning to spend an occasional overnight in a parking lot or an extended stay in the wilderness, you’ll learn how to equip your rig for boondocking, find great campsites, manage and conserve electricity and water, and camp in complete RV comfort and convenience.
- Increase your independence by learning how to camp "off the grid"
- Save money by finding cheap or free campsites anywhere--even in large cities
- Ensure your comfort, convenience, and safety when camping in the boonies
- Learn how to conserve and manage electricity, water, and waste, and to establish reliable communications
- Enjoy the quiet, solitude, and beauty of nature by getting away from crowded RV campgrounds
|The Natural Navigator: The Rediscovered Art of Letting Nature Be Your Guide
Lowest new price: $2.94
Lowest used price: $4.82
List price: $14.95
Author: Tristan Gooley
Brand: Tristan Gooley
Before GPS, before the compass, and even before cartography, humankind was navigating. Now this singular guide helps us rediscover what our ancestors long understood―that a windswept tree, the depth of a puddle, or a trill of birdsong can help us find our way, if we know what to look and listen for. Adventurer and navigation expert Tristan Gooley unlocks the directional clues hidden in the sun, moon, stars, clouds, weather patterns, lengthening shadows, changing tides, plant growth, and the habits of wildlife. Rich with navigational anecdotes collected across ages, continents, and cultures, The Natural Navigator will help keep you on course and open your eyes to the wonders, large and small, of the natural world.
- The Natural Navigator The Rediscovered Art of Letting Nature Be Your Guide
|Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks (Travel Guide)
Lowest new price: $9.49
Lowest used price: $5.69
List price: $16.99
Author: W. C. McRae
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure!
Forge your own path through the rock arches, canyon-carving rivers, and ever-present ancient cultures of Southeastern Utah with Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks.
Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks features:
With Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks' curated advice, myriad activities, and expert insight, you can explore the parks your way.
- Full coverage of both national parks and their surrounding areas, with chapters covering Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Moab, and the Southeastern Corner
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in each park to a week-long trip covering both, including the best ways to avoid the crowds
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Climb dramatic stone bridges and slickrock bluffs to Delicate Arch, and find the perfect spot for a red rock photo-op. Join a ranger-led hike through Arches' Fiery Furnace, or a half-day rafting tour down the Colorado River. Hike to mesa-top vistas, mountain bike through high-desert canyons, and explore countless backcountry trails. Visit the Ancestral Puebloan preservation at Hovenweep National Monument, and enjoy a couple microbrews with mountain biking locals in Moab
- Strategies for getting to both parks and traveling between them
- Honest advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay inside and outside the park, including the best places to pitch a tent, park your RV, or relax at a B&B
- Coverage of gateway cities and towns, including Bluff and Moab
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Expert tips from seasoned explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, climbing, rafting, and more, plus essential health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, marked with duration, elevation change, and effort
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
Exploring more of Utah's natural wonders? Try Moon Zion & Bryce.
For full coverage of America's national parks, check out Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 National Parks
|Ultralight Backpackin' Tips: 153 Amazing & Inexpensive Tips For Extremely Lightweight Camping
Lowest new price: $7.14
Lowest used price: $6.05
List price: $14.95
Author: Mike Clelland
Brand: Globe Pequot Press
Short, to the point, and humorously illustrated by famed outdoor illustrator Mike Clelland, this book presents everything hikers and backpackers need to be safe, comfortable, and well-fed while carrying a very small and lightweight pack.
- Ultralight Backpackin' Tips
- Hiking & Backpacking How To
- Mike Clelland
|The Art and Science of Staff Fighting: A Complete Instructional Guide
Lowest new price: $9.36
Lowest used price: $12.95
List price: $22.95
Author: Joe Varady
Brand: YMAA Publication Center
ForeWord Reviews Indie Award FINALIST - 2016
USA Best Book Award FINALIST - 2016
NINE LEVELS, EASY TO EXPERT
This book stands apart from other staff training manuals. While most titles focus on forms and twirling, The Art and Science of Staff Fighting emphasizes the dynamics of combat. The author draws on thirty years of martial experience, presenting the best of both Eastern and Western traditions.
Joe Varady lays out a comprehensive course of study in nine levels, from beginner to expert. He guides readers through such fundamentals as stances, striking, blocking, and footwork. In advanced lessons, readers learn disarming techniques, groundwork, and facing multiple opponents.
But this book is not just for staff enthusiasts. Even those unfamiliar with martial arts can adapt these techniques, increasing their skill and confidence in defending themselves.
"Our environment is usually full of improvised weapons,” Varady writes. “Staff fighting techniques can be effectively applied in a self-defense situation using a walking stick, coatrack, curtain rod, floor lamp, hockey stick, fallen tree branch, broom, mop, shovel, or rake.”
Equipped with this knowledge, readers will begin to realize that, in one way or another, they are nearly always armed―and capable of defending themselves.
This book features
- Nine levels of instruction, progressing from easy to expert
- Over 600 photos with motion arrows
- A “nondenominational” approach to staff, utilizing the best of Eastern and Western arts
- A comprehensive, methodical approach to building staff skills
If you are already a student of the staff, these lessons will not conflict with your katas or current style. Instead, they will augment your techniques, broadening your options.
Whether you are an experienced staff fighter or a layman seeking practical techniques for self-defense, The Art and Science of Staff Fighting will help you develop the skills you need.
|Glamping with MaryJane: Glamour + Camping
Lowest new price: $12.12
Lowest used price: $7.28
List price: $24.99
Author: MaryJane Butters
Brand: Brand: Gibbs Smith
MaryJane Butters’ go-to guide for putting glamour into camping.
"Glamping, or glamour camping, one of the MaryJane's pet concepts, is about the juxtaposition of rugged and really pretty, grit and glam, diesel and absolutely darling." —The New York Times
Glamping—unleashing your inner wild while wearing a pair of fishing-lure earrings—is for every woman (or man!) who ever had a get-away-from-it-all fantasy (with a few frilly embellishments thrown in). Learn about the never-fail campfire, cooking with cast iron, how to change a flat, and much, much more. Follow the growing Glamping movement at maryjanesfarm.org and nationalglampingweekend.com.
Like the infamous Calamity Jane, who said, “I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one,” MaryJane Butters coined the term glamping years ago when she founded her unusual Idaho canvas wall-tent bed & breakfast, which was featured in The New York Times Magazine and Travel & Leisure as “the place to be.” Legend status achieved, MaryJane lives in Moscow, Idaho, where she runs her many businesses, which include a successful organic farm, product lines, a bed & breakfast, and MaryJanesFarm magazine. This is her fourth book.
- Gibbs Smith Publisher
- Go To Guide
- Adult Book
- Sisters on the Fly: Caravans, Campfires, and Tales from the Road
- Vintage Trailer Style: Buying, Restoring, Decorating & Styling the Small Place of Your Dreams
- Vintage Camper Trailers
- MaryJane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook: For the Farmgirl in All of Us
- MaryJane's Outpost
- Camper Rehab: A Guide to Buying, Repairing, and Upgrading Your Travel Trailer
- MaryJane's Stitching Room
- MaryJane’s Cast Iron Kitchen
- Milk Cow Kitchen: Cowgirl Romance, Backyard Cow Keeping, Farmstyle Meals and Cheese Recipes from Mary Jane Butters
|The Ultimate Survival Medicine Guide: Emergency Preparedness for ANY Disaster
Lowest new price: $13.23
Lowest used price: $13.10
List price: $19.99
Author: Joseph Alton
The Ultimate Survival Medicine Guide: Emergency Preparedness for any Disaster is the new abridged version of the bestselling book The Survival Medicine Handbook.
This unique medical book is meant to enable the average person to handle injuries and illness in situations in which modern medical facilities and professionals aren’t available due to a disaster.
This book is written by America’s top medical preparedness experts: Joe Alton, MD, and Amy Alton, ARNP. Their mission: to put a medically prepared person in every family for when medical help is not on the way. Using decades of medical experience, they address, in plain language, dozens of medical issues associated with surviving disasters and epidemics. The Altons also discuss the medical supplies needed to become a medical asset to your family and community as well as alternative and natural strategies for when pharmaceuticals aren’t available.
Most medical books will send you to the doctor or hospital when an emergency happens. The Ultimate Survival Medicine Guide assumes what might actually happenthat the average person could be left without medical help in a disaster. With this unique book, you’ll have a head start on keeping your family healthy in times of trouble.
- Quality material used to make all Pro force products
- Tested in the field and used in the toughest environments
- 100 percent designed in the USA
|How to live in a van and travel: Live everywhere, be free and have adventures on a campervan or motorhome – your home on wheels
Lowest new price: $14.00
Lowest used price: $10.99
List price: $14.00
Author: Mike Hudson
Imagine being able to live wherever you want, travelling the world whilst having everything you need with you in your own cosy home on wheels. Living a mobile lifestyle is now more possible than ever before. It’s the new option. Forget hostel costs or rent. With a van you have transport and you have your home. You’re free to travel wherever you like and you can do it on a budget. If you’re interested in living and/or travelling in a converted van or vehicle you probably have a ton of questions. Whether you want to plan a short road trip, or start a whole new life on the road, this book will show you how. And whether you have your van ready to go or you’re thinking of hitting the road at some point in the future, read this book.
|A Year in the Wilderness: Bearing Witness in the Boundary Waters
Lowest new price: $19.79
Lowest used price: $17.11
List price: $35.00
Author: Amy Freeman
Since its establishment as a federally protected wilderness in 1964, the Boundary Waters has become one of our nation’s most valuable―and most frequently visited―natural treasures. When Amy and Dave Freeman learned of toxic mining proposed within the area’s watershed, they decided to take action―by spending a year in the wilderness, and sharing their experience through video, photos, and blogs with an audience of hundreds of thousands of concerned citizens. This book tells the deeper story of their adventure in northern Minnesota: of loons whistling under a moonrise, of ice booming as it forms and cracks, of a moose and her calf swimming across a misty lake.
With the magic―and urgent―message that has rallied an international audience to the campaign to save the Boundary Waters, A Year in the Wilderness is a rousing cry of witness activism, and a stunning tribute to this singularly beautiful region.
Page 4 of 427
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.