|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Hunting & Fishing
|Shooter's Bible, 109th Edition: The World's Bestselling Firearms Reference
Lowest new price: $21.15
Lowest used price: $21.58
List price: $29.99
Published annually for more than eighty years, the Shooter’s Bible is the most comprehensive and sought-after reference guide for new firearms and their specifications, as well as for thousands of guns that have been in production and are currently on the market. Nearly every firearms manufacturer in the world is included in this renowned compendium. The 109th edition also contains new and existing product sections on ammunition, optics, and accessories, plus updated handgun and rifle ballistic tables along with extensive charts of currently available bullets and projectiles for handloading.
With a timely feature on the newest products on the market, and complete with color and black-and-white photographs featuring various makes and models of firearms and equipment, the Shooter’s Bible is an essential authority for any beginner or experienced hunter, firearm collector, or gun enthusiast.
|With Winning in Mind 3rd. Ed.
Lowest new price: $13.81
Lowest used price: $8.49
List price: $16.95
Author: Lanny Bassham
Be wary of the people no one wants on their team, the ones who are too small, too slow and not very capable. The unwanted have a built-in motivation to do whatever it takes to succeed that those who are picked first do not have. This is a story of such a person and what he did to find his place at the top of the world in his sport. I'm that person and this book is an introduction to what I've learned. I believe there is a mental system that when used will speed up the process of getting to the winner's circle. I am well aware that there are many fine self-improvement books available. Psychologists, motivational speakers, religious leaders and business professionals write them. A competitor writes this one. The Mental Management(R) System is not based on psychology, instead it is 100% based on competition. I did my apprenticeship in the arena of Olympic pressure. My credibility is not based on the courses I took in college; it's in my gold medals and the medals of my students. It's not theory; it's simply what works. My goal in this book is to share with you the mental techniques that I have discovered and used to win.
|Straight Talk on Armed Defense: What the Experts Want You to Know
Lowest new price: $13.03
Lowest used price: $13.01
List price: $21.99
Brand: GUN DIGEST
In Straight Talk on Armed Defense: What the Experts Want You to Know, Massad Ayoob and the nation's leading experts on personal protection, self-defense and concealed carry deliver authoritative guidance from their areas of expertise and personal experience. In chapters by distinguished authors hand-picked by Massad Ayoob:
- John Hearne takes us "inside the defender's head" and reveals the most effective route to train and prepare for self-defense incidents.
- Dr. Anthony Semone discusses post-shooting trauma and necessary steps to develop resilience and symptom reduction following a deadly force event.
- Dr. Alexis Artwohl explains why understanding how the mind operates is critical to surviving an attack and the legal and emotional challenges that follow.
- Dr. William Aprill describes "the face of the enemy" to help us understand violence and those who traffic in it.
- Craig "Southnarc" Douglas details the conditions present during the typical criminal assault and how to incorporate those conditions into your training.
- Massad Ayoob discusses power, responsibility and the armed lifestyle.
- Tom Givens underscores the importance of finding relevant training, through case studies of his own students involved in armed encounters.
- "Spencer Blue," active robbery/homicide detective, reveals patterns that emerged during his investigations and describes the differences in tactics of citizens who won versus those who lost.
- Ron Borsch presents dozens of actual cases of armed and unarmed citizens single-handedly stopping mass murders in progress.
- Harvey Hedden provides insight and advice to guide lawfully armed citizens in interactions with law enforcement.
- Jim Fleming, Esq. describes the criminal trial process and how it plays out in a "righteous use of deadly force in self-defense" case.
- Marty Hayes, JD, provides the critical questions that must be asked to choose a reliable post-self-defense incident support provider.
Get the straight talk on armed defense, from this unique compendium of the world's leading subject matter experts in lethal self-defense.
|The War on Guns: Arming Yourself Against Gun Control Lies
Lowest new price: $17.73
Lowest used price: $17.81
List price: $27.99
Author: John R. Lott Jr.
When it comes to the gun control debate, there are two kinds of data: data that's accurate, and data that left-wing billionaires, politicians, and media want you to believe is accurate. In The War on Guns, economist and gun rights advocate John Lott turns a skeptical eye to well-funded anti-gun studies and stories that perpetuate false statistics to frighten Americans into giving up their guns.
|Gun Dog: Revolutionary Rapid Training Method
Lowest new price: $8.00
Lowest used price: $1.78
List price: $28.00
Author: Richard A. Wolters
The guide to training the perfect hunting partner for the man who wants a gun dog fast and wants to train it himself—from the author of Game Dog.
This time-proven guide by legendary trainer Richard A. Wolters offers a step-by-step method for completely training your dog. It is the first book for the upland bird hunter that teaches the hunting commands with the use of training tools, making training easier for you and your dog.
Written with scientific information on the mental development of a dog, Gun Dog shows the complete training procedures step by step in picture sequences. It will show you how to achieve every hunter's ideal: an animal that will double as a disciplined hunting dog and beloved family pet.
“Gun Dog is one of the most valuable, probably THE most valuable, training tools the average amateur could have.”—Sports Afield
|Duck, Duck, Goose: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking Waterfowl, Both Farmed and Wild
Lowest new price: $16.74
Lowest used price: $11.99
List price: $24.99
Author: Hank Shaw
Brand: Ten Speed Press
A lush, illustrated cookbook devoted to preparing and cooking ducks and geese, both domestic and wild, from the author of the award-winning blog Hunter Angler Gardener Cook.
Duck is having a renaissance in American restaurants and kitchens as cooks discover that diverse breeds, species, and cuts of meat offer an exciting range of flavors and textures. Many cooks—and even hunters—have a fear of cooking fowl. Duck, Duck, Goose shows you how to cook duck and goose like a pro: perfectly crisp skin crackling with each bite, succulent confit, impeccable prosciutto, and more.
Hank Shaw, an award-winning food writer, hunter, and cook on the forefront of the marsh-to-table revolution, provides all you need to know about obtaining, cleaning, and cooking these flavorful birds. Duck, Duck, Goose includes detailed guides on species and breeds, selecting a duck in the market, and plucking and hanging a wild bird. Shaw’s delicious and doable recipes include basics such as Grilled Duck Breast and Slow-Roasted Duck; international favorites like Duck Pho, Sichuan Fragrant Duck, Mexican Duck with Green Mole, and Cassoulet; and celebration-worthy fare such as Perfect Roast Goose. It also features an array of duck and goose confit and charcuterie, from fresh sausages to dry-cured salami.
The most comprehensive guide to preparing and cooking both domestic and wild ducks and geese, Duck, Duck, Goose will be a treasured companion for anyone who wants to free themselves from the tyranny of chicken and enjoy perfectly cooked waterfowl.
Featured Recipes from Duck, Duck, Goose
Download the recipe for Smoked Duck with Lentils
Download the recipe for Confit of Duck with Pasta and Lemon
Download the recipe for Laotion Duck Salad
- Buck, Buck, Moose: Recipes and Techniques for Cooking Deer, Elk, Moose, Antelope and Other Antlered Things
- Hunt, Gather, Cook: Finding the Forgotten Feast
- Pheasant, Quail, Cottontail: Upland Birds and Small Game from Field to Feast
- The Complete Guide to Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game: Volume 2: Small Game and Fowl
- Waterfowl Identification: The LeMaster Method
- Hunt, Gather, Cook: Finding the Forgotten Feast
- The Complete Guide to Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game: Volume 1: Big Game
- Afield: A Chef's Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish
- The Scavenger's Guide to Haute Cuisine: How I Spent a Year in the American Wild to Re-create a Feast from the Classic Recipes of French Master Chef Auguste Escoffier
- Meat Eater: Adventures from the Life of an American Hunter
|The Total Fishing Manual (Paperback Edition): 317 Essential Fishing Skills (Field & Stream)
Lowest new price: $11.03
Lowest used price: $11.00
List price: $16.99
Author: Joe Cermele
Brand: Cermele Joe
When it comes to fishing, nobody knows more than the writers and editors at Field & Stream magazine--unless it's the local guides, prizewinners, and other experts they interviewed for this book. The Total Fishing Manual is chock full of 317 field-tested tools, techniques and tactics, collected and written by the Field & Stream editors and accompanied by amazing photos and handy illustrations.
GEAR UP How to pick the best lures, baits, flies, and tackle for every situation and every style of water you plan to fish. Learn how to customize your rod and reel, and to get the most out of your equipment.
HIT THE WATER From small streams to major rivers, ponds to big lakes, and bays to the open ocean, hundreds of field-tested strategies will help you catch more fish with or without a boat.
FIND THE FISH Professional fishing guides from across the country tell you how and where to find lunker bass, trophy walleyes, huge trout, and more - right in your home waters.
SET THE HOOK Whether you're bobber fishing for bluegills with the kids or heading out after the muskie of a lifetime, the techniques and tactics in this book will make your trip a success.
Whether you're a beginner, a weekend angler or a serious sport fisher this book has the information you need to hook’em.
- The Total Fishing Manual Paperback Edition 317 Essential Fishing Skills
|AR-15 Rifle Builder's Manual: An Illustrated, Step-by-Step Guide to Assembling the AR-15 Rifle
Lowest new price: $14.11
Lowest used price: $999.00
List price: $14.99
Author: Rob Reaser
If you want to build your own AR-15 style rifle, this is the book you need. The AR-15 Rifle Builder's Manual is the fully illustrated step-by-step guide to building the AR-15 style rifle. No procedure is left out or glossed over. The primary AR-15 groups (upper receiver assembly, lower receiver assembly, and bolt carrier group) are broken down into their component assemblies to provide every detail in the AR-15 assembly process. This book is not only the authoritative guide to building an AR-15 rifle, it is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to upgrade or modify their existing AR. Key concepts such as headspacing, trigger function, troubleshooting, and cycle of operation are also covered. TOPICS INCLUDE: • Lower receiver group components, tools, and assembly • How an AR trigger works • Headspacing an AR-15 • Bolt carrier group assembly • Upper receiver group components, tools, and assembly • Function check procedures • Basic AR-15 operation • Service and lubrication • Troubleshooting You won’t find a more detailed AR-15 assembly manual anywhere. Designed specifically for e-reader platforms, this manual offers reader-friendly navigation between the Table of Contents and all subsections. Take it to your workbench or the range.
|Fisherman's Ultimate Knot Guide
Lowest new price: $1.99
Lowest used price: $19.82
List price: $4.95
Author: John E. Sherry
Brand: JE Sherry
Ten best fishing knots are clearly illustrated on three waterproof plastic cards. Handy size for pocket, vest, tackle box or boat. Bonus: Also folds out to a twelve inch ruler! Best selling fishing knot guide in the USA! Now printed in three colors with red direction arrows. 10 most popular knots: Improved Clinch, Palomar Knot, Uni Knot, Surgeon's Knot, Double Uni Knot, Perfection Loop, Dropper Loop, Surgeon's End Loop, Nail Knot and Blood Knot.
|The Trapper's Bible: The Most Complete Guide on Trapping and Hunting Tips Ever
Lowest new price: $9.40
Lowest used price: $4.33
List price: $14.95
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Hunting and Trapping!
A collection of tips, tactics, and anecdotes from the finest trappers the United States has ever seen, The Trapper’s Bible is an essential reference guide for hunters, trappers, and historians.
Taken directly from some of the upmost authorities on the trapping profession, hundreds of photos and illustrations adorn this fascinating compendium. Broken up into sections, this volume details a wide variety of different traps and contains an extensive section outlining the behavior and nature of a long list of animals commonly hunted and trapped. The Trapper’s Bible offers the best of the best — an informative look into life as a trapper.
From a complete listing of steel traps to constructing a variety of deadfalls, pens, traps, triggers, and snares, the collected sources take you through the ins and outs of trapping, including practical how-to instructions as well as personal stories and letters from real trappers.
- Guide to Trapping and Hunting
- Book The Trapper's Bible
- The Most Complete Guide to Trapping and Hunting Tips Ever - by Eustace Hazard Livingston
- 384 page softcover
- Includes practical how-to instructions and personal stories
- Snare Trap - Versatile Hunting Snares - Catch Anything From Raccoon To Coyote (pack of 12)
- The Bushcraft Field Guide to Trapping, Gathering, and Cooking in the Wild
- The Ultimate Guide to Skinning and Tanning: A Complete Guide to Working with Pelts, Fur, and Leather
- Shelters, Shacks, and Shanties: The Classic Guide to Building Wilderness Shelters (Dover Books on Architecture)
- Snare Trap - Dakotaline SURVIVAL SNARE PACKAGE, Catch Rabbit, Coyote, and Hog
- Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
- Advanced Bushcraft: An Expert Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
- A Guide to Canning, Freezing, Curing & Smoking Meat, Fish & Game
- Bushcraft First Aid: A Field Guide to Wilderness Emergency Care
- Deerskins into Buckskins: How to Tan with Brains, Soap or Eggs; 2nd Edition
Page 2 of 2461
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.