|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Hunting & Fishing
|Sporting Dog and Retriever Training: The Wildrose Way: Raising a Gentleman's Gundog for Home and Field
Lowest new price: $25.81
Lowest used price: $28.00
List price: $45.00
Author: Mike Stewart
Brand: Stewart Mike
A comprehensive guide to transforming your dog into a valuable wing-shooting companion in the field and at home. Created by Mike Stewart of Wildrose Kennels, the Wildrose Way is a unique, low-force, positive training method that is field-proven for upland and waterfowl gundogs. The training prepares dogs for versatility—any game, any terrain, any destination—and makes them desirable companions for any situation.Now, for the first time, Stewart’s methods are compiled in one indispensable reference book, fully illustrated with photographs and diagrams. Containing chapters on establishing essential behaviors, the core skills of the hunting retriever, and waterdog finishing work, as well as sidebars on such topics as breed selection and effective canine leadership, this step-by-step book is designed specifically for wing-shooters who want to transform their pup into a gentleman’s gundog.
- Sporting Dog and Retriever Training The Wildrose Way Raising a Gentleman s Gundog for Home and Field
|Smallmouth: Modern Fly-Fishing Methods, Tactics, and Techniques
Lowest new price: $17.38
Lowest used price: $17.38
List price: $29.95
Author: Dave Karczynski
Smallmouth bass swim in more streams, rivers, lakes, and reservoirs than any other gamefish, and exceptional, world-class fishing opportunities for them are found across the country, from the John Day River in Oregon to the Great Lakes, to Maine’s Penobscot. While numerous books have been written on smallmouth, this is the first book to cover the cutting-edge techniques and fly patterns being used by some of the country’s top fly fishing guides. Though most of these flies and techniques have been developed and refined in the rivers and lakes of the Midwest (a hotbed of smallmouth fly fishing) anglers can adapt them for their waters.
- Cutting edge fly patterns for smallmouth, including full color plates and recipes, as well as new techniques for fishing these patterns
- A “tips” section from various guides, both old school and new, including Luke Kavajecz, Kyle Zempel, Austin Adduci, Kip Vieth, and Bart Landwehr
- Covers smallmouth bass essentials including biology, behavior, and where to find trophy bass
- Interviews with Mike Schultz, Lefty Kreh, Chuck Kraft, and Larry Dahlberg
|Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right to Self Defense
Lowest new price: $16.85
Lowest used price: $13.69
List price: $21.99
Author: Massad Ayoob
Brand: Ayoob Massad
In a long-awaited update of the world's most authoritative work on the subject, Massad Ayoob draws from an additional three decades of experience to educate responsible firearms owners about the legal, ethical, and practical use of firearms in self defense--the armed citizens' rules of engagement.
- Understand the legal and ethical issues surrounding use of lethal force by private citizens.
- Learn about the social and psychological issues surrounding use of lethal force in defense of self or others.
- Preparation and mitigation--steps the responsible armed citizen can/should take.
"After forty years as a practicing criminal defense attorney, I know that what Mas says, teaches, and writes is the best, state-of-the-art knowledge you can get." ~Jeff Weiner
, Former President, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Deadly Force Understanding Your Right to Self Defense
|Tom Dokken's Retriever Training: The Complete Guide to Developing Your Hunting Dog
Lowest new price: $12.04
Lowest used price: $9.74
List price: $19.99
Author: Tom Dokken
Brand: Books Americana
Retrievers are the most popular dog breed in America and Tom Dokken is the most respected name in the retriever training field. Using proven tips, readers can field train their dog in just minutes a day and bring new levels of fun and excitement to the hunt. Dogs will love the challenge and owners will marvel at the quick results.
- Dogs will love the challenge and owners will marvel at the quick results.
- 256 pages.
- Package Quantity: 1
- Excellent Quality.
|Backpacker Long Trails: Mastering the Art of the Thru-Hike
Lowest new price: $16.96
Lowest used price: $16.15
List price: $24.95
Author: Backpacker Magazine
Brand: Backpacker Magazine Editors Staff
WINNER OF THE 2017 NATIONAL OUTDOOR BOOK AWARDS (INSTRUCTIONAL CATEGORY)
Make the Dream of a Long Distance Thru-Hike a Reality
Have you been dreaming of the summer when you can hike the Appalachian Trail? Or marvel at the snow-capped peaks along the Pacific Crest Trail? Or simply section hike the Continental Divide Trail? In Backpacker’s Long Trails, Liz “Snorkel” Thomas, former women’s speed record holder for the AT and veteran of twenty long trails, gives you the tools to make this dream a reality. Included is trail-proven advice on selecting gear, stocking resupplies, and planning your budget and schedule, complete with gorgeous photographs of life on the trail. Along the way, enjoy sneak peeks into not only the Triple Crown trails, but also lesser-known long trails throughout North America.
- Backpacker Long Trails Mastering the Art of the Thru Hike
- The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide, Second Edition: Tools and Techniques to Hit the Trail
- The Hungry Spork: A Long Distance Hiker's Guide to Meal Planning
- Pacific Crest Trials: A Psychological and Emotional Guide to Successfully Thru-Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
- Ultralight Backpackin' Tips: 153 Amazing & Inexpensive Tips For Extremely Lightweight Camping
- Backpacker The Complete Guide to Backpacking: Field-Tested Gear, Advice, and Know-How for the Trail
- Thru-Hiking Will Break Your Heart: An Adventure on the Pacific Crest Trail
- The Colorado Trail (Colorado Mountain Club Guidebook)
- Pacific Crest Trail Data Book: Mileages, Landmarks, Facilities, Resupply Data, and Essential Trail Information for the Entire Pacific Crest Trail, from Mexico to Canada
- The Tentlab The Deuce of Spades Backcountry Potty Trowel, Blue , 0.6 ounces
- Appalachian Trials: A Psychological and Emotional Guide To Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail (Volume 1)
|The Total Outdoorsman Manual (10th Anniversary Edition) (Field & Stream)
Lowest new price: $14.50
Lowest used price: $4.63
List price: $29.00
Author: T. Edward Nickens
Brand: T Edward Nickens
The Total Outdoorsman Manual is the ultimate guide book for the outdoors enthusiast, packed with hundreds of practical tips and techniques from T. Edward Nickens and the experts at Field & Stream magazine, that is guaranteed to improve your hunting, fishing, camping and survival skills. This special edition, issued for the 10th anniversary of the Total Outdoorsman Challenge has all the content readers love, plus 50 new activities that can help anyone compete in the Challenge.
With practical information for both the beginner and advanced outdoorsman, the book is an authoritative, comprehensive, and entertaining guide that will enable anyone to master the outdoors and hunt, fish, and camp like an expert. The 10th anniversary edition includes a chapter of new tricks and skills from Total Outdoorsman Challenge contestants.
HUNT BETTER How to track a buck, make the toughest shots, master bowhunting and knife skills, and haul, butcher, and cook wild game.
FISH SMARTER Advice on the best techniques for flyfishing, baitcasting, and spinning, as well as surefire ways to get the most out of your motorboat, canoe, or kayak.
SURVIVE ANYTHING Whether you fall through thick ice, are swept away by a raging river, or have a stare down with an angry bear, these skills means the difference between life and death.
CAMP ANYWHERE Tested and proven expert tips to help you stay warm, eat well, and build a fire in any situation in record time.
Field & Stream
For more than 100 years, Field & Stream magazine has provided expert advice on every aspect of the outdoor life, including hunting, fishing, conservation, and wilderness survival. The magazine's annual Total Outdoorsman issue is one of its most popular, read by over nine million sporting enthusiasts. The Total Outdoorsman Challenge brings together avid hunters and anglers from around the country to demonstrate their skills and compete for big bucks and bigger glory. Winners are all-around hunters, fishermen, and survivors with a flair for problem-solving and the skills to prevail.
- The Total Outdoorsman Manual 10th Anniversary Edition
|Hunt, Gather, Cook: Finding the Forgotten Feast
Lowest new price: $8.28
Lowest used price: $5.94
List price: $14.99
Author: Hank Shaw
Brand: Hank Shaw
From field, forest, and stream to table, award-winning journalist Hank Shaw explores the forgotten art of foraging.
If there is a frontier beyond organic, local and seasonal, beyond farmers' markets and grass-def meat, it's hunting, fishing and foraging your own food. A lifelong angler and forager who became a hunter late in life, Hank Shaw is dedicated to finding a place on the table for the myriad overlooked and underutilized wild foods that are there for the taking -- if you know how to find them.
In Hunt, Gather, Cook, he shares his experiences both in the field and in the kitchen, as well as his extensive knowledge of North America's edible flora and fauna. Hank provides a user-friendly, food-oriented introduction to tracking down and cooking everything from prickly pears, to grouper to snowshoe hares.
- Hunt Gather Cook Finding the Forgotten Feast
- Buck, Buck, Moose: Recipes and Techniques for Cooking Deer, Elk, Moose, Antelope and Other Antlered Things
- Duck, Duck, Goose: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking Waterfowl, Both Farmed and Wild
- Pheasant, Quail, Cottontail: Upland Birds and Small Game from Field to Feast
- The Scavenger's Guide to Haute Cuisine: How I Spent a Year in the American Wild to Re-create a Feast from the Classic Recipes of French Master Chef Auguste Escoffier
- The Complete Guide to Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game: Volume 2: Small Game and Fowl
- Afield: A Chef's Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish
- The Complete Guide to Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game: Volume 1: Big Game
- Meat Eater: Adventures from the Life of an American Hunter
- American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon
- Beyond Fair Chase: The Ethic and Tradition of Hunting
|Just Chocolate Lab Puppies 2018 Calendar
Lowest new price: $8.30
Lowest used price: $15.73
List price: $14.99
Author: Willow Creek Press
Brand: Willow Creek Press
Precious little Chocolate Lab puppies with their big eyes, huge hearts and chubby paws take center stage. These twelve adorable full color photographs will keep you smiling all year long. The large format features daily grids with ample room for jotting appointments, birthdays and reminder. Also included are six bonus months of July through December 2017; moon phases; U.S. and international holidays
- Chocolate Labs
- Height: 12.00 in. Width: 12.00 in.
- Manufactured by: Willow Creek Press
- Seller SKU: 201800006741
- Just Chocolate Lab Puppies Wall Calendar
|Flywater: Fly-Fishing Rivers of the West
Lowest new price: $16.45
Lowest used price: $12.46
List price: $45.00
Author: Grant McClintock
Brand: McClintock Grant Brokaw Tom
The magic and majesty of America’s greatest western fly-fishing rivers. Flywater brings us to the iconic creeks, springs, freestone rivers, and tailwaters that make the American West the world’s premier destination for fly fishing. Grant McClintock’s first book struck a chord with fishermen, and fifteen years later he takes the reader back to these fabulous places—from the storied Henry’s Fork to the Yellowstone to the Thompson River in British Columbia. With extraordinary new photography and wisdom, McClintock revisits these home waters and discovers countless others as well. Flywater is a gallery of moments and places. From Idaho and Montana to Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia, McClintock’s rich photography of trout and steelhead waters surrounded by beautiful Western landscapes creates a compelling journey that the reader, whether fisherman or non-fisherman, will thoroughly enjoy. For the serious fly fisherman, this is an album of shared experiences. For the uninitiated, it is an artfully crafted guidebook to an exotic new world that really does exist on the streams and rivers of the American West.
- Flywater Fly Fishing Rivers of the West
|Navy SEAL Shooting
Lowest new price: $10.01
Lowest used price: $18.99
List price: $19.97
Author: Chris Sajnog
Imagine if you could learn to shoot safely and effectively at home--saving you time and money you don't have. Well, now you can! Navy SEAL Shooting teaches you the groundbreaking training method developed by one of the most respected firearms instructors in the world, retired Navy SEAL Chris Sajnog. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and 385 illustrations, this book covers everything you need to know to make effective shots in any high-stress situation.
It's the middle of the night...
- You will learn to plan your training, improve your accuracy and speed, shoot while moving, and clear malfunctions.
- Plus discover every manipulation needed for any semi-automatic pistol or rifle.
- Whether in combat, competition, or just safely and confidently protecting yourself or your family, this book will help you dominate any opponent.
You hear a sudden crash in the kitchen...
Someone has broken into your home.
He's armed and ready to kill.
Will you be able to protect your family?
Shoot like a Navy SEAL, Unlock Your Warrior Potential, and Protect Your Family -- Without Expensive Trips to the Firing Range!
I've trained the world's deadliest snipers, and today...
I'm going to train you.
Dear Concerned Citizen,
My name is Chris Sajnog. I'm a retired US Navy SEAL and the man who created the US Navy SEAL Sniper Training program.
I'm not going to beat around the bush here.
- I am one of the world's leading firearms training experts.
- I've trained our country's real-life heroes, the men who do things most people only try in a video game.
- I didn't always have these skills. In fact, I had never even fired a gun until I joined the military.
But if you're willing to take the first step and actually begin training, you can master anything. Today, firearms experts around the world come to me for advice. I've trained hundreds of US Navy SEALs. And now, I'm ready to share those skills with everyday citizens like you who need to protect their families from our growing domestic criminals.
But first, let me ask you something...
* How good is your aim?
* Can you hit a bulls-eye at 100 yards?
* More importantly, can you hit a man-sized target in the middle of the night?
During a life-and-death situation, you need to be fully prepared for anything that comes your way. Making even one mistake during a violent encounter can mean death for you and your family. It's not your fault. Thanks to my training as a US Navy SEAL, I was given all the time, ammo, and hands-on training that I needed. Most people don't have that luxury. But I've trained the world's deadliest snipers, and now, I'm teaching you those same techniques.
Master Your Weapon and Protect Your Family with My Book: Navy SEAL Shooting.
Navy SEALs are just regular people with a unique set of skills. With this book, you're going to learn some of those world-class skills -- most of them right in your own home. These skills can save your life and the life of your family. Remember: many of America's heroes were trained by me. Now, you have the opportunity to learn the skills they have and master your weapon at last.
Page 5 of 2410
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.