|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Patent It Yourself: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Filing at the U.S. Patent Office
Lowest new price: $24.92
Lowest used price: $28.10
List price: $49.99
Author: David Pressman Attorney
For 30 years, Patent It Yourself has guided hundreds of thousands of inventors through the process of getting a patent, from start to finish. Patent attorneys David Pressman and Thomas J. Tuytschaevers provide the latest information, forms, and clear instructions to help you:
Thoroughly updated to reflect the latest changes in intellectual property law, this edition provides the latest U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rules and forms. The 18th edition covers the latest implications of the first-to-file rules created by the America Invents Act.
- conduct a patent search the right way
- evaluate your idea’s commercial potential
- file a provisional patent application to get “patent pending” status
- prepare a patent application
- focus on your patent application’s claims
- respond to patent examiners
- get your drawings done right
- protect your rights in foreign countries
- deal with infringers, and
- market and license your invention.
|Emotional Intelligence: A 21- Day Step by Step Guide to Mastering Social Skills, Improve Your Relationships, and Boost Your EQ (Emotional Intelligence EQ) (Volume 2)
Lowest new price: $15.99
Lowest used price: $226.10
List price: $15.99
Author: David Clark
Master your emotions effectively!
Achieve greater success in your personal and professional life!
Enjoy more rewarding and fulfilling relationships!
All of these are possible by developing and growing you emotional intelligence (EQ). Recent studies have confirmed that emotional intelligence is an imperative skill for outperforming in every aspect of life. Emotional intelligence directly impacts the way we formulate personal decisions, the way we mange behavior and our ability to maneuver through social complexities. It is no secret that emotional intelligence is the most sought after component of an individual’s personal, professional and social success. Recently, it has surpassed the intelligence quotient as a predictor of a person’s ability to lead fulfilling interpersonal relationships and enjoy professional success.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- How can you better manage your and other people’s emotions to lead a more rewarding and fulfilling life?
- How can you gain better self-awareness to help manage these emotions more effectively?
- What are the characteristics that define an emotionally intelligent person?
- 21 Power Packed Strategies For Mastering Relationships Through Emotional Intelligence
- Tried and Tested Tips for Developing Greater Self-Awareness
- Proven Strategies for Mastering Your Emotions
- Secrets of Building Rewarding Social Relationships
- Tips for Resolving Conflicts and Acing Negotiations
- And much more
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your copy today and dive into the world of human psychology and behavior!
|Intellectual Property: A Survey of the Law
Lowest new price: $91.00
Lowest used price: $85.00
List price: $140.00
Author: Ned Snow
Intellectual Property: A Survey of the Law teaches the law of trademark, copyright, patent, and trade secret. The casebook presents the material so that it is accessible to students. It explains the black-letter rules and underlying policies in a straightforward and simple manner. It provides examples, practice problems, and explanations for each area of the law, facilitating mastery of fundamental concepts. Case Comprehension questions follow each case excerpt to help students focus on key points. Beyond the Case questions challenge students to apply doctrines and policy outside the context of the specific case. Substance draws from both well-established jurisprudence and recent developments in case and statutory law. A teacher s manual and PowerPoint slides will be available for professors. Additionally, a free app (on iTunes and GooglePlay) will be available for students. The app will provide a concise summary of black-letter law as well as practice problems with explanations.
- Criminal Procedure, Investigating Crime (American Casebook Series)
- The Law of Business Organizations, Cases, Materials, and Problems (American Casebook Series)
- Learning Evidence: From the Federal Rules to the Courtroom (Learning Series)
- Water Resource Management, A Casebook in Law and Public Policy (University Casebook Series)
- Family Law in Focus (Focus Casebook)
- International Law: Norms, Actors, Process: A Problem-Oriented Approach (Aspen Casebook)
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates (Aspen Casebook)
- Professional Responsibility (University Casebook Series)
- Selected Standards on Professional Responsibility (Selected Statutes)
- Criminal Procedure, Second Edition (Aspen Casebook)
|Sugar Skulls at Midnight Adult Coloring Book: Midnight Edition: A Unique Black Background Paper Antistress Coloring Gift for Men, Women, Teenagers & ... Mindful Meditation & Relaxation) (Volume 1)
Lowest new price: $6.99
Lowest used price: $11.49
List price: $6.99
Author: Papeterie Bleu
2018 GIFT IDEAS | COLORING BOOKS FOR GROWN-UPS | ANTISTRESS
Celebrate the beauty and excitement of Día de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead, as you relax and color our intricately designed Sugar Skull illustrations, each printed on a full page on a dramatic black background. It is time to pull out the neon markers, fluorescent pens, and turn on the black lights to let these masterpieces shine!
- Premium matte cover finish design
- Printed single sided on bright white paper
- Perfect for all coloring mediums
- High quality 60# paper stock
- Large format 8.5" x 11.0" pages
Coloring Pages Included in this Book:
- Star Sugar Skull Cover Page
- Thorny Rose Sugar Skull
- Doodle Eyes Sugar Skull
- Goatee Sugar Skull
- Star Diamond Sugar Skull
- Complex Pattern Sugar Skull
- Toothless Heart Eyes Sugar Skull
- Fire Leaf Eye Sugar Skull
- Candle Eye Sugar Skull with Floral
- Beautiful Woman Sugar Skull with Necklace
- Spider Web Sugar Skull
- Butterfly Pattern Sugar Skull
- Candle Eye Sugar Skull
- Poinsettia Sugar Skull with Zentangle Eyes
- Rose in Teeth Sugar Skull 3D
- Silhouette Female Sugar Skull with Pretty Makeup
- 3D Sugar Skull with Candles and Flowers
- Master Colorist Sugar Skull with Complex Design
- Angry Sugar Skull with Flame Eyes
- 3D Garden Sugar Skull With Vines and Spider Webs
- Female Sugar Skull with Skull Eyes and Flowers
- 3D Starry Eyed Sugar Skull
- Leaves & Flowers Sugar Skull
- Cherry & Flames Sugar Skull
- Intricate Butterfly Sugar Skull with Vines & Flowers
- Gorgeous Lady Sugar Skull with Flowers and Thorns
- Laughing Skull with Flower Eyes for Beginners
- Cute Sugar Skull with Doodle Patterns
- Illuminati Sugar Skull with Heart Nose
- Flower Eating Sugar Skull
- Rose Eye Woman Sugar Skull with Pearls and Bow in Long Hair
- Classic Sugar Skull with Flower Details
- Hibiscus Female Sugar Skull with Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend
- 3D Side Angle Sugar Skull for Intermediate Colorists
- Hipster Sugar Skull with Sunglasses and Rose Thorns
The Papeterie Bleu collection includes:
- Mom Life: A Snarky Adult Coloring Book - ISBN 1533270775
- Nurse Life: A Snarky Adult Coloring Book - ISBN 1533081964
- Teacher Life: A Snarky Adult Coloring Book - ISBN 1533134065
- Dad Life: A Manly Adult Coloring Book - ISBN 153331568X
- Mindful Mandalas: A Mandala Coloring Book - ISBN 1530608759
- Southern Sayings & Sass: A Chalkboard Coloring Book - ISBN 1533320578
- Scribbles & Doodles: A Coloring Journal - ISBN 1945888237
- Wonderland at Midnight: A Fantasy Adult Coloring Book - ISBN 1533528500
|The Law of Journalism and Mass Communication
Lowest new price: $75.99
Lowest used price: $72.18
List price: $123.00
Author: Robert E. Trager
The Law of Journalism and Mass Communication, Sixth Edition, by Robert Trager, Susan Dente Ross, and Amy Reynolds offers a clear and engaging introduction to media law with comprehensive coverage and analysis of key cases for future journalists and media professionals. You are introduced to key legal issues at the start of each chapter, building your critical thinking skills before progressing to real-world landmark cases that demonstrate how media law is applied today. Contemporary examples, emerging legal topics, international issues, and cutting-edge research all help you to retain and apply principles of media law in practice.
The thoroughly revised Sixth Edition has been reorganized and shortened to 12 chapters, streamlining the content and offering instructors more opportunities for classroom activities. This edition also goes beyond the judiciary―including discussions of tweets and public protests, alcohol ads in university newspapers, global data privacy and cybersecurity, libel on the internet, and free speech on college campuses―to show how the law affects the ways mass communication works and how people perceive and receive that work.
|Hollywood Dealmaking: Negotiating Talent Agreements for Film, TV, and Digital Media (Third Edition)
Lowest new price: $17.04
Lowest used price: $17.72
List price: $24.99
Author: Dina Appleton
"I wish I could have had this book when I was starting out in the business. An invaluable reference work." ―Alan Poul, producer, Westworld The legal resources of studios and networks are legendary, often intimidating independent producers, writers, actors, directors, agents, and others as they try to navigate through the maze of legal details. This invaluable reference presents the interests of talent as well as the point of view of creative executives, producers, entertainment attorneys, agents and managers, and major guilds―making clear the role that each plays in the dealmaking process. Readers will find expert insights to talent and production deals for television, feature film, video, and the Internet, as well as an in-depth overview of net profits and other forms of contingent compensation. Hollywood Dealmaking, Third Edition, also addresses digital and new platforms, changes resulting from new union agreements, and the evolution in feature film back-end (profit participation) deals. In addition, this comprehensive guide includes: Explanations of employment deals Details of rights acquisition Basics of copyright law Sample contracts and forms Glossary of industry lingo and terminology And much more! Peppered with facts on the deals of superstar players and with summaries in each section to clarify complex legal issues, Hollywood Dealmaking, Third Edition, is an essential resource for industry novices and veterans alike who want to sharpen their negotiation skills and finalize the deals they have been seeking.
|Copyright in A Global Information Economy (Aspen Casebook)
Lowest new price: $175.73
Lowest used price: $72.49
List price: $257.00
Author: Julie E. Cohen
Copyright in a Global Information Economy explores the full range of copyright law and its relationship to technological innovations and globalization. Written with precision and clarity, this ambitious yet manageable casebook elucidates the fundamental disputes of copyright law with incisive and balanced perspective. The book features comprehensive coverage of domestic and international copyright law, a balanced treatment of controversial issues, as well as a wide selection of concisely edited cases, engaging and practical examples and discussions, and photographs that facilitate and stimulate discussion of cases.Key Features of the New Edition
- Reorganization of materials on the copyright owner s exclusive rights
- New section on copyright due diligence, licensing, and litigation
- Updated, streamlined notes and questions
- Practice exercises designed to engage students from a variety of perspectives including advocacy, client counseling, and legislative Drafting
|Dealmaking in the Film & Television Industry, 4th edition: From Negotiations to Final Contracts
Lowest new price: $21.60
Lowest used price: $19.04
List price: $37.95
Author: Mark Litwak
Brand: Silman-James Press
Dealmaking the popular, award-winning self-defense book for everyone working in the film and television industry is now expanded (with more than 120 additional pages) and updated to include the latest legal rulings and entertainment technology developments. Addressing a general, non-attorney readership, it is a fascinating, highly accessible guide to current entertainment law s peculiarities, creative practices, and practical applications.
Armed with Dealmaking, filmmakers can save themselves thousands of dollars in legal fees as they navigate the shark-infested wa- ters of the entertainment business. Whether you re a producer, writer, director, or actor, Mark Litwak will help you make the most of your business dealings while steering you clear of the many contractual traps that may await you.
- Contracts for the Film & Television Industry, 3rd Edition
- Hollywood Dealmaking: Negotiating Talent Agreements for Film, TV and New Media
- Clearance & Copyright, 4th Edition: Everything You Need to Know for Film and Television
- The Biz: The Basic Business, Legal and Financial Aspects of the Film Industry, 4th Ed.
- The Business of Media Distribution, Second Edition: Monetizing Film, TV and Video Content in an Online World (American Film Market Presents)
- The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers: A Legal Toolkit for Independent Producers
- The Complete Film Production Handbook, Fourth Edition (American Film Market Presents)
- Producer to Producer: A Step-by-Step Guide to Low-Budget Independent Film Producing
- Hollywood Dealmaking: Negotiating Talent Agreements for Film, TV, and Digital Media (Third Edition)
- The Biz, 5th Edition (Expanded and Updated)
|Patent Law and Policy: Cases and Materials
Lowest new price: $135.44
Lowest used price: $106.45
List price: $202.00
Author: Robert Patrick Merges
This updated seventh edition provides numerous diagrams and figures, concise explanations of relevant legal principles, and, to the extent possible, cases involving relatively simple technologies. In addition to providing the most recent developments, the authors have also tried to put the current evolution of the law in historical context, thus expanding coverage of historically important cases in areas where the law is changing dramatically. This casebook s authors host a webpage that features supplemental teaching tools.
|Clearance & Copyright, 4th Edition: Everything You Need to Know for Film and Television
Lowest new price: $29.62
Lowest used price: $24.12
List price: $45.00
Author: Michael C. Donaldson
Brand: Silman-James Press
Clearance and Copyright is the industry-standard guide to almost every conceivable rights issue that filmmakers, videomakers, television producers, and Internet content creators might encounter.
From the initial acquisition of material through the rights issues that arise during preproduction, production, postproduction, and release, this legalese-free guide--now extensively revised, updated, and expanded--will help you protect yourself and your work from disastrous legal actions.
Among this edition's new features are links to 25 downloadable contracts and 50 illustrative film clips.
Michael C. Donaldson is a Los Angeles-based, entertainment lawyer with more than 45 years of experience in copyright and entertainment issues. He has been called the Obi-Wan Kenobi of Fair Use by the American Bar Association Journal.
Lisa A. Callif was named by The Daily Journal as one of the Top 100 Women Lawyers in California (2014). Her primary focus is on representing independent filmmakers.
Page 1 of 1211
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.