|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Complete Do-it-Yourself Manual Newly Updated
Lowest new price: $22.46
Lowest used price: $16.68
List price: $35.00
Author: Editors Of Family Handyman
Brand: Simon Schuster
The leading manual for home improvements is getting an update to address current codes, latest materials, tools and technology.
The bestselling, most comprehensive guide to home improvements has been revised and updated once again since it's revision in 2005. Over 10 million copies of READER’S DIGEST COMPLETE DO-IT-YOURSELF MANUAL have been sold since it's original publication in 1973. In 2005, the manual got bigger and better than ever, when The Family Handyman and Reader’s Digest joined forces and completely revised, updated, rewrote, and redesigned this home improvement classic. Now in 2014, The Family Handyman has once again updated and revised this do-it-yourself classic to make it relevant to today’s homeowners and DIYers..
Written in a style of text that addresses readers in a very accessible, conversational tone for easy, user-friendly assistance with every do-it-yourself task. All instructions and materials have been updated to address current codes (electrical, plumbing and building), and revised to indicate the very latest in materials, tools, and technology. Suitable for beginners and experts alike, this newly revised edition includes:
• Over 3,000 photos and illustrations to make complex projects and repairs easy to understand
• Twice as many storage projects that help home owners cut clutter
• New building materials that yield great-looking, long-lasting results—and low maintenance!
• New technology that lets homeowners save energy, add convenience or improve security.
• New building codes that make homes safer, more energy-efficient and trouble-free.
The book’s tried-and-true instructions provide do-it-yourself solutions to a ton of problems that could cost a fortune if you had to hire a professional. This manual is a “must-have” reference guide for every home-owning man or woman.
- 100 Things Every Homeowner Must Know: How to Save Money, Solve Problems and Improve Your Home
- How Your House Works: A Visual Guide to Understanding and Maintaining Your Home, Updated and Expanded
- New Fix-It-Yourself Manual: How to Repair, Clean, and Maintain Anything and Everything In and Around Your Home
- Black & Decker The Book of Home How-To: The Complete Photo Guide to Home Repair & Improvement
- Black & Decker The Complete Photo Guide to Home Repair, 4th Edition (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
- Ultimate Guide to Home Repair and Improvement, Updated Edition: Proven Money-Saving Projects; 3,400 Photos & Illustrations
- Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Wiring, Updated 6th Edition: Current with 2014-2017 Electrical Codes (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
- Ultimate Guide: Wiring, 8th Updated Edition (Ultimate Guide) (Ultimate Guides)
- Renovation 4th Edition: Completely Revised and Updated
- Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Plumbing, 6th edition (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
|Pocket Ref 4th Edition
Lowest new price: $7.99
Lowest used price: $5.49
List price: $12.95
Author: Thomas Glover
Brand: Thomas J Glover
Pocket Ref 4th edition. The concise all-purpose pocket-sized reference book featuring abundant information on many subjects, hundreds of tables, maps, formulas, constants and conversions. If you need to know it, it is in this book!
- Author: Thomas Glover
- 864 pages
- 3.2" x 5.4", softbound
- (Also available in Desk Size item 2072)
|Horse Soldiers: The Extraordinary Story of a Band of US Soldiers Who Rode to Victory in Afghanistan
Lowest new price: $9.95
Lowest used price: $3.66
List price: $18.00
Author: Doug Stanton
Brand: Doug Stanton
The inspiration for the major motion picture 12 Strong from Jerry Bruckheimer, starring Chris Hemsworth and Michael Shannon.
From the New York Times bestselling author of In Harm’s Way comes a true-life story of American soldiers overcoming great odds to achieve a stunning military victory.
Horse Soldiers is the dramatic account of a small band of Special Forces soldiers who secretly entered Afghanistan following 9/11 and rode to war on horses against the Taliban. Outnumbered forty to one, they pursued the enemy army across the mountainous Afghanistan terrain and, after a series of intense battles, captured the city of Mazar-i-Sharif, which was strategically essential to defeat their opponent throughout the country.
The bone-weary American soldiers were welcomed as liberators as they rode into the city, and the streets thronged with Afghans overjoyed that the Taliban regime had been overthrown.
Then the action took a wholly unexpected turn. During a surrender of six hundred Taliban troops, the Horse Soldiers were ambushed by the would-be POWs. Dangerously overpowered, they fought for their lives in the city’s immense fortress, Qala-i-Janghi, or the House of War. At risk were the military gains of the entire campaign: if the soldiers perished or were captured, the entire effort to outmaneuver the Taliban was likely doomed.
Deeply researched and beautifully written, Stanton’s account of the Americans’ quest to liberate an oppressed people touches the mythic. The soldiers on horses combined ancient strategies of cavalry warfare with twenty-first-century aerial bombardment technology to perform a seemingly impossible feat. Moreover, their careful effort to win the hearts of local townspeople proved a valuable lesson for America’s ongoing efforts in Afghanistan.
- Horse Soldiers The Extraordinary Story of a Band of U S Soldiers Who Rode to Victory in Afghanistan
|2017 / 2018 ASVAB For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyle))
Lowest new price: $11.31
Lowest used price: $12.70
List price: $18.99
Author: Rod Powers
Brand: Rod Powers
The bestselling enlistment test-prep—newly expanded and improved!
Wanna join the military? Your first step is to take the ASVAB—the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. Your score on this important test helps determine your military career, so if you have a specific job in mind, you need the right score to make that happen. 2017/2018 ASVAB For Dummies offers an in-depth view of each of the ASVAB's nine subtests with plenty of practice questions, exercises, and strategies for boosting performance and scores in key areas. You'll benefit from proven study tips to help you pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and hone your test-taking skills.
2017/2018 ASVAB For Dummies is your key to preparing to take the ASVAB and getting the score you need to get the job you want.
- Overviews and practice questions for all 9 subtests
- Six full ASVAB practice tests to perfect test-taking skills
- One AFQT practice test to assess enlistment eligibility
2017/2018 ASVAB For Dummies is a must-have book that provides you with the integral tools and information you need in order to score the military future of your dreams!
- 2017 2018 ASVAB for Dummies
|The LEGO Architect
Lowest new price: $16.85
Lowest used price: $14.78
Author: Tom Alphin
Travel through the history of architecture in The LEGO Architect. You’ll learn about styles like Art Deco, Modernism, and High-Tech, and find inspiration in galleries of LEGO models. Then take your turn building 12 models in a variety of styles. Snap together some bricks and learn architecture the fun way!
- Book for learning about the history of architecture through the fun of building models with lego bricks.
- Encourages visual-spatial skills, logic, art-appreciation, creativity.
- Learn about architecture the fun way!
- Includes 8 chapters: neoclassical, prairie, art deco, modernism, brutalism, postmodern, high-tech, builder's guide.
- Filled with vibrant images of both real buildings and lego-built models.
|The Taking of K-129: How the CIA Used Howard Hughes to Steal a Russian Sub in the Most Daring Covert Operation in History
Lowest new price: $18.55
Lowest used price: $17.00
List price: $28.00
Author: Josh Dean
An incredible true tale of espionage and engineering set at the height of the Cold War—a mix between The Hunt for Red October and Argo—about how the CIA, the U.S. Navy, and America’s most eccentric mogul spent six years and nearly a billion dollars to steal the nuclear-armed Soviet submarine K-129 after it had sunk to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean; all while the Russians were watching.
In the early hours of February 25, 1968, a Russian submarine armed with three nuclear ballistic missiles set sail from its base in Siberia on a routine combat patrol to Hawaii. Then it vanished.
As the Soviet Navy searched in vain for the lost vessel, a small, highly classified American operation using sophisticated deep-sea spy equipment found it—wrecked on the sea floor at a depth of 16,800 feet, far beyond the capabilities of any salvage that existed. But the potential intelligence assets onboard the ship—the nuclear warheads, battle orders, and cryptological machines—justified going to extreme lengths to find a way to raise the submarine.
So began Project Azorian, a top-secret mission that took six years, cost an estimated $800 million, and would become the largest and most daring covert operation in CIA history.
After the U.S. Navy declared retrieving the sub “impossible,” the mission fell to the CIA's burgeoning Directorate of Science and Technology, the little-known division responsible for the legendary U-2 and SR-71 Blackbird spy planes. Working with Global Marine Systems, the country's foremost maker of exotic, deep-sea drilling vessels, the CIA commissioned the most expensive ship ever built and told the world that it belonged to the reclusive billionaire Howard Hughes, who would use the mammoth ship to mine rare minerals from the ocean floor. In reality, a complex network of spies, scientists, and politicians attempted a project even crazier than Hughes’s reputation: raising the sub directly under the watchful eyes of the Russians.
The Taking of K-129 is a riveting, almost unbelievable true-life tale of military history, engineering genius, and high-stakes spy-craft set during the height of the Cold War, when nuclear annihilation was a constant fear, and the opportunity to gain even the slightest advantage over your enemy was worth massive risk.
|Ugly's Electrical References, 2017 Edition
Lowest new price: $10.00
Lowest used price: $14.48
List price: $24.95
Author: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Ugly's Electrical References, 2017 Edition is the on-the-job reference tool of choice for electrical professionals. Used worldwide by electricians, engineers, contractors, designers, maintenance workers, apprentices, and students Ugly's contains the most commonly required electrical information in an easy-to-read and easy-to-access format.
Updated to reflect the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) the new edition features full color diagrams, tables, and illustrations, expanded coverage of alternative energies, and updated electrical safety information. Ugly's offers the most pertinent information used by electricians right at their fingertips, including: mathematical formulas, National Electrical Code tables, wiring configurations, conduit bending, ampacity and conduit fill information, and life-saving first aid procedures.
- Ugly s Electrical References 2017 Edition
|20 Makey Makey Projects for the Evil Genius
Lowest new price: $17.00
Lowest used price: $17.56
List price: $25.00
Author: Aaron Graves
Brand: Graves Aaron
20 fun and inventive Makey Makey projects for Makers from beginner to expert
This hands-on guide is filled with DIY projects that show readers, step-by-step, how to start creating and making cool inventions with the Makey Makey invention kit. Each project features easy-to-follow, fully-illustrated instructions and detailed photographs of the finished gadget. Readers will see how to apply these skills and start building their own Makey Makey projects.
20 Makey Makey Projects for the Evil Genius starts off with very approachable introductory projects, making it a great starting point for beginners. It then builds to more challenging projects, allowing more experienced users to go further by incorporating technologies like Raspberry Pi, Processing and Scratch programming, 3D Printing, and creating wearable electronics with Makey Makey. Projects are divided into four categories: “Fun and Games,” Interactive,” Hacks and Pranks,” and “Makey Makey Go.”
• No prior programming or technical experience is required
• Basic enough for beginners, but challenging enough for advanced makers
• Written by two educators who believe in fostering creative innovation for all
- 20 Makey Makey Projects for the Evil Genius
|The Disney Book
Lowest new price: $18.98
Lowest used price: $16.08
List price: $30.00
Author: Jim Fanning
Brand: DK Publishing
Immerse yourself in the magical world of Disney and explore stunning animations, incredible live-action movies, and the magical parks and attractions of Disney with this fully-illustrated guide.
The Disney Book is a beautiful, visual exploration of all things Disney from the animated and live-action movies to the theme parks and attractions that have made Disney the beloved brand it is today. This classic DK-style book is packed with stunning visuals including concept art, original story sketches, merchandise, a range of movie posters, and collectibles.
Explore rarely seen treasures including props, art, early merchandise, and more from Disney's extensive archives and celebrate more than 90 years of Disney storytelling and entertainment with The Disney Book.
© 2016 Disney
- The Disney Book explores over 90 years of all things Disney from the animated movies of Snow White and Frozen to the theme parks and cruise ships that have made Disney the unstoppable force it is today. The Disney Book is a beautiful, visual exploration of all things Disney from the animated and live-action movies to the theme parks and attractions that have made Disney the beloved brand it is today.
- The Disney Book Hardcover Book is packed with stunning visuals including concept art, original story sketches, merchandise, a range of movie posters, and collectibles.
- Explore rarely seen treasures including props, art, early merchandise, and more from Disney's extensive archives and celebrate more than 90 years of Disney storytelling and entertainment with The Disney Book.
- The 200 page hardcover book measures about 10 9/10-inches tall x 9-inches wide.
- Ages 8 and up.
|Baby University Four-Book Set
Lowest new price: $39.96
Lowest used price: $45.88
List price: $39.96
Author: Chris Ferrie
The perfect gift for your future genius!
Written by an expert, the Baby University series features colorful, simple introductions to scientific principles and are beloved by babies―and grownups!
Included in this Four-Book Set:
Quantum Physics for Babies
Rocket Science for Babies
General Relativity for Babies
Newtonian Physics for Babies
This series is the perfect way to introduce basic scientific concepts to even the youngest scientist.
Page 5 of 95048
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.