|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|A Man and His Watch: Iconic Watches and Stories from the Men Who Wore Them
Lowest new price: $21.78
Lowest used price: $19.21
List price: $35.00
Author: Matt Hranek
“I’ve paged through stacks of books on the history of watches. . . . But I hadn’t come across a book that actually moved me until I picked up A Man and His Watch. The volume is filled with heartfelt stories.”
—T: The New York Times Style Magazine
Paul Newman wore his Rolex Daytona every single day for 35 years until his death in 2008. The iconic timepiece, probably the single most sought-after watch in the world, is now in the possession of his daughter Clea, who wears it every day in his memory. Franklin Roosevelt wore an elegant gold Tiffany watch, gifted to him by a friend on his birthday, to the famous Yalta Conference where he shook the hands of Joseph Stalin and Winston Churchill. JFK’s Omega worn to his presidential inauguration, Ralph Lauren’s watch purchased from Andy Warhol’s personal collection, Sir Edmund Hillary’s Rolex worn during the first-ever summit of Mt. Everest . . . these and many more compose the stories of the world’s most coveted watches captured in A Man and His Watch. Matthew Hranek, a watch collector and NYC men’s style fixture, has traveled the world conducting firsthand interviews and diving into exclusive collections to gather the never-before-told stories of 76 watches, completed with stunning original photography of every single piece. Through these intimate accounts and Hranek’s storytelling, the watches become more than just timepieces and status symbols; they represent historical moments, pioneering achievements, heirlooms, family mementos, gifts of affection, and lifelong friendships.
|NFPA 70: National Electrical Code 2017
Lowest new price: $47.00
Lowest used price: $40.80
List price: $103.00
Author: (NFPA) National Fire Protection Association
NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (NEC) sets the foundation for electrical safety in residential, commercial, and industrial occupancies. The 2017 edition of this trusted Code presents the latest comprehensive regulations for electrical wiring, overcurrent protection, grounding, and installation of equipment.
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code (NEC) Spiralbound by NFPA 2017 Edition
|ASVAB Prep Plus 2018-2019: 6 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online + Video (Kaplan Test Prep)
Lowest new price: $19.19
Lowest used price: $15.97
List price: $29.99
Author: Kaplan Test Prep
Kaplan's ASVAB Prep Plus 2018-2019 features proven strategies and realistic practice for all sections of the ASVAB and AFQT. This edition includes flashcards, expert videos, and an expanded online Quiz Bank to help you face the test with confidence.
Kaplan is so certain that ASVAB Prep Plus 2018-2019 offers all the knowledge you need to excel at the ASVAB that we guarantee it: After studying with the online resources and book, you'll score higher on the ASVAB—or you'll get your money back.
Get everything in the ASVAB Prep 2018-2019 package, plus two more practice tests, 650 additional practice questions, and flashcards from our all-star team of test experts.
With ASVAB Prep Plus 2018-2019 you can study on-the-go. Log in from anywhere to watch video lessons, complete quizzes and take practice tests that are optimized for your mobile device.
The Most Practice
- Flashcards to help you reinforce important concepts for the technical subtests
- Six introductory math videos that review basic concepts commonly seen in the Arithmetic Reasoning and Mathematics Knowledge subtests
- More than 1,850 realistic practice questions with explanations
- Six full-length ASVAB practice tests with detailed explanations: 3 online and 3 in the book
- Customize your practice with an online Quiz Bank that lets you select problems by topic and difficulty
- Tear-out math and verbal study sheets for portable review, and an extensive word list to help you build your vocabulary
- Detailed subject review, including targeted strategies for vocabulary questions and math problem solving
- Comprehensive content review and expert methods for tackling all technical topics: science, electronics, auto/shop, mechanical information, and object assembly
- Specific strategies for mastering the Computer Based Test format
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for almost 80 years. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
The previous edition of this book was titled ASVAB Premier 2017-2018 with 6 Practice Tests.
|The Truck Book
Lowest new price: $0.31
Lowest used price: $0.25
List price: $3.99
Author: Harry McNaught
Brand: Random House
Climb behind the wheel of over 50 different types of trucks, from dump trucks and fire trucks to tanker trucks and ice cream trucks! Full of colorful and detailed illustrations and loads of interesting facts, The Truck Book is a must-have for all vehicle fans.
|Machinery's Handbook, Toolbox Edition
Lowest new price: $71.82
Lowest used price: $67.82
List price: $105.00
Author: Erik Oberg
For more than 100 years, Machinery's Handbook
has been the most popular reference work in metalworking, design, engineering and manufacturing facilities, and technical schools and colleges throughout the world. It is universally acknowledged as an extraordinarily authoritative, comprehensive, and practical tool, providing its users with the most fundamental and essential aspects of sophisticated manufacturing practice. The 30th edition of the “Bible of the Metalworking Industries” contains major revisions of existing content, as well as new material on a variety of topics. It is the
essential reference for mechanical, manufacturing, and industrial engineers, designers, draftsmen, toolmakers, machinists, engineering and technology students, and the serious home hobbyist.New to the 30th Edition:
Plus . . .
- Expanded metrology section, including v-blocks and micrometer, vernier, and dial calipers.
- New fluid power section covering pneumatic,hydraulic, and vacuum theory and applications.
- New powder metallurgy section, including additive manufacturing.
- Even more useful specs, including tap drill sizes for Unified threads, reaming allowances for drilling, mesh and grit sizes, rules for figuring tapers, and assembly with pins and studs.
- Recently added information on sheet metal and presses, keys and keyways, shaft alignment, taps and tapping, helical coil screw thread inserts, metric screw threads, miniature screws, fluid mechanics, solid geometry, statistics, calculating hole coordinates and thread dimensions, and distinguishing between bolts and screws.
- Many thoroughly reworked and renovated sections throughout.
- Comprehensive tables of contents at the beginning of each section and extensive indexing.
- Hundreds of new and thousands of refined and redone illustrations and equations.
- Updated standards.
- Expanded metric content.
|Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge: FAA-H-8083-25B (FAA Handbooks series)
Lowest new price: $14.09
Lowest used price: $16.50
List price: $24.95
Author: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA)
This official FAA handbook has been required reading for more than 30 years. Providing basic knowledge essential for all pilots, from beginning students through to the more advanced certificates, this Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) publication introduces readers to the broad spectrum of knowledge required as they progress through pilot training. Studying this book, pilots gain the required knowledge to earn a certificate and understand aerodynamic theory associated with airplane flight. Written for the pilot preparing for a Remote, Sport, Private, Commercial, or Flight Instructor Pilot Certificate, it is a key reference for all the information necessary to operate an aircraft and to pass the FAA Knowledge Exam and Practical Test (checkride).
This invaluable learning tool begins with a basic introduction to flying and a history of flight, then explores the role of the FAA, criteria for earning the various pilot certificates, how to select a flight school and instructor, and the tests associated with earning a pilot certificate. Topics covered include aeronautical decision making, aircraft construction, principles of flight, aerodynamics of flight, flight controls, aircraft systems, flight instruments, flight manuals and other documents, weight and balance, aircraft performance, weather theory, aviation weather services, airport operations, airspace, navigation, and aeromedical factors. Appendices provide additional support including acronyms, abbreviations, and NOTAM contractions, airport signs and markings, a glossary and index.
- Updated version of the classic FAA official publication
|Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
Lowest new price: $10.73
Lowest used price: $11.62
List price: $25.95
Author: Nir Eyal
How do successful companies create products people can’t put down?
Why do some products capture widespread attention while others flop? What makes us engage with certain products out of sheer habit? Is there a pattern underlying how technologies hook us?
Nir Eyal answers these questions (and many more) by explaining the Hook Model—a four-step process embedded into the products of many successful companies to subtly encourage customer behavior. Through consecutive “hook cycles,” these products reach their ultimate goal of bringing users back again and again without depending on costly advertising or aggressive messaging.
Hooked is based on Eyal’s years of research, consulting, and practical experience. He wrote the book he wished had been available to him as a start-up founder—not abstract theory, but a how-to guide for building better products. Hooked is written for product managers, designers, marketers, start-up founders, and anyone who seeks to understand how products influence our behavior.
Eyal provides readers with:
• Practical insights to create user habits that stick.
• Actionable steps for building products people love.
• Fascinating examples from the iPhone to Twitter, Pinterest to the Bible App, and many other habit-forming products.
|Remote Pilot Test Prep 2018: Study & Prepare: Pass your test and know what is essential to safely operate an unmanned aircraft – from the most trusted source in aviation training (Test Prep Series)
Lowest new price: $13.35
Lowest used price: $14.52
List price: $19.95
Author: ASA Test Prep Board
Flying a drone as a remote pilot-in-command” for non-hobby operations requires a Remote Pilot Certificate” issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). You must successfully complete the FAA Knowledge Exam to earn a remote pilot certificate with a small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS)” rating. This book is your key ASA’s Remote Pilot Test Prep is the best resource for successful test-taking and safe small UAS operations.
This book is a comprehensive preparation, study and test tool for the remote pilot certificate ("Unmanned Aircraft General Small") FAA Knowledge Exam. Rely on the time-proven and dependable ASA Test Prep Series to prepare for your exam; the rating requirements for the certificate are explained in detail and test material is expertly organized into chapters based on subject matter. This topical study promotes understanding and aids recall to provide an efficient study guide.
Topics covered are FAA regulations, the National Airspace System, weather, loading and performance, and operations. This book is particularly helpful for drone operators interested in earning a remote pilot certificate, for Remote Pilot Aircraft (RPA) applicants, unmanned aircraft system (UAS) training programs preparing applicants for FAA exams, self-study readers interested in learning more about commercial unmanned aircraft operations, and existing (manned aircraft) pilots who want to learn more about the drone and UAS operations sharing the National Airspace System.
Included are instructional text and illustrations, questions, answer stems, correct answers, explanations and references for further study. When you’re done studying, you can then take up to 5 practice tests with ASA’s online simulated testing program at no additional cost (codes are provided to enter at the ASA practice-test website).
- Study questions for the Remote Pilot FAA Knowledge exam, supported with answers and explanations
|Color Coded EZ Tabs for the 2017 National Electrical Code
Lowest new price: $17.10
List price: $18.00
Author: John Riley
Navigating the NEC 2017 has been made easier than ever with these updated self-adhesive tabs. The NEC 2017 tabs are a unique offering that provide the perfect tool for organizing the code's various sections. Students can place the durable tabs onto the edges of their code, turning it into a reference guide with information at their fingertips. With such easy to access information, users will find themselves spending less time searching for the information they need and more time understanding it. Affordable and time-saving, they are a must-have for NEC students.
|The Art of Fermentation: An In-Depth Exploration of Essential Concepts and Processes from around the World
Lowest new price: $23.95
Lowest used price: $23.72
List price: $39.95
Author: Sandor Ellix Katz
Brand: Sandor Ellix Katz
Winner of the 2013 James Beard Foundation Book Award for Reference and Scholarship, and a New York Times bestseller, The Art of Fermentation is the most comprehensive guide to do-it-yourself home fermentation ever published. Sandor Katz presents the concepts and processes behind fermentation in ways that are simple enough to guide a reader through their first experience making sauerkraut or yogurt, and in-depth enough to provide greater understanding and insight for experienced practitioners.
While Katz expertly contextualizes fermentation in terms of biological and cultural evolution, health and nutrition, and even economics, this is primarily a compendium of practical information―how the processes work; parameters for safety; techniques for effective preservation; troubleshooting; and more.
With two-color illustrations and extended resources, this book provides essential wisdom for cooks, homesteaders, farmers, gleaners, foragers, and food lovers of any kind who want to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for arguably the oldest form of food preservation, and part of the roots of culture itself.
Readers will find detailed information on fermenting vegetables; sugars into alcohol (meads, wines, and ciders); sour tonic beverages; milk; grains and starchy tubers; beers (and other grain-based alcoholic beverages); beans; seeds; nuts; fish; meat; and eggs, as well as growing mold cultures, using fermentation in agriculture, art, and energy production, and considerations for commercial enterprises. Sandor Katz has introduced what will undoubtedly remain a classic in food literature, and is the first―and only―of its kind.
- Wild Fermentation: The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of Live-Culture Foods, 2nd Edition
- Fermented Vegetables: Creative Recipes for Fermenting 64 Vegetables & Herbs in Krauts, Kimchis, Brined Pickles, Chutneys, Relishes & Pastes
- The Artisanal Vinegar Maker's Handbook
- Fiery Ferments: 70 Stimulating Recipes for Hot Sauces, Spicy Chutneys, Kimchis with Kick, and Other Blazing Fermented Condiments
- Preserving the Japanese Way: Traditions of Salting, Fermenting, and Pickling for the Modern Kitchen
- Mastering Fermentation: Recipes for Making and Cooking with Fermented Foods
- The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea
- Sauer Stick - Solid Hevea Wood Vegetable Pounder and Tamper For Mason Jar Fermentation, Kimchi, Sauerkraut - Fits Ball, Kerr, Bernardin Canning Jars as well as Fido Jars and Ceramic Crocks
- Vinegar Revival Cookbook: Artisanal Recipes for Brightening Dishes and Drinks with Homemade Vinegars
- The Wildcrafting Brewer: Creating Unique Drinks and Boozy Concoctions from Nature's Ingredients
Page 5 of 86175
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.