|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Cambridge Latin Course: Unit 1, North American 4th Edition
Lowest new price: $25.24
Lowest used price: $9.57
List price: $31.25
Author: North American Cambridge Classics Project
Brand: Cambridge University Press
The Fourth Edition Cambridge Latin Course is an introductory program organized into four well-integrated units. Cambridge's proven approach includes a stimulating continuous story line, interwoven grammatical development and cultural information, supportive illustrations and photographs, and a complete Language Information section. Reading is the heart of the Cambridge Latin Course, and all the elements of the program - illustrations, vocabulary, grammar and syntax, cultural contexts and references, activities - are carefully introduced and arranged to provide students with the skills they need to read with comprehension and enjoyment from the very first page.
- Cambridge University Press
|99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model
Lowest new price: $44.63
Lowest used price: $22.15
List price: $59.00
Author: MaryEllen Vogt
Brand: Vogt, MaryEllen/ Echevarria, Jana
99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model (SIOP Series) 1/E by MaryEllen Vogt, Jana Echevarria
|Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning)
Lowest new price: $54.82
Lowest used price: $53.84
List price: $75.00
Author: Richard S. Sutton
Brand: Bradford Book
Richard Sutton and Andrew Barto provide a clear and simple account of the key ideas and algorithms of reinforcement learning. Their discussion ranges from the history of the field's intellectual foundations to the most recent developments and applications.
Reinforcement learning, one of the most active research areas in artificial intelligence, is a computational approach to learning whereby an agent tries to maximize the total amount of reward it receives when interacting with a complex, uncertain environment. In Reinforcement Learning, Richard Sutton and Andrew Barto provide a clear and simple account of the key ideas and algorithms of reinforcement learning. Their discussion ranges from the history of the field's intellectual foundations to the most recent developments and applications. The only necessary mathematical background is familiarity with elementary concepts of probability.
The book is divided into three parts. Part I defines the reinforcement learning problem in terms of Markov decision processes. Part II provides basic solution methods: dynamic programming, Monte Carlo methods, and temporal-difference learning. Part III presents a unified view of the solution methods and incorporates artificial neural networks, eligibility traces, and planning; the two final chapters present case studies and consider the future of reinforcement learning.
|School Zone - Go Fish Alphabet Game Cards - Ages 4 and Up, Pre-K and Up, Uppercase and Lowercase Letters, Word-Picture Recognition
Lowest new price: $0.01
Lowest used price: $2.85
List price: $2.99
Brand: School Zone
AMAZING - Little ones will enjoy playing a smarter version of Go Fish. In this Go Fish game, winning involves drawing the most upper and lowercase letter pairs. Here, each pair is represented by a parent and child animal. There are even age-appropriate terms, like "hatchling" for baby alligator. This pack is intended for children ages 4 and up. With activities for two or more players, our Go Fish Alphabet Game Cards emphasize turn-taking and cooperation. Or, kids can have fun matching letters and creating words on their own. Involve your child in these valuable pre-reading skills today and make preschool, kindergarten, and first grade all the more enjoyable.
FLASHCARDS - Kids and parents who use our flashcards for practice testing are using one of the most effective learning techniques available. A hundred years of research shows practice testing is highly likely to boost retention. Learning skills through gameplay is an excellent strategy for many reasons. They are fun and motivating, and games also tend to help children deepen their understanding and reasoning. Because games feel more like play than work, they can encourage kids to explore and experiment with concepts more freely.
RESULTS - Our learning materials have helped educate three generations of kids, creating lifelong learners, and the legacy continues. Digital content, flash cards, workbooks, readers, toys, and games—all are crafted through a child's eyes while integrating parent and teacher standards.
PREPARATION - Let us help you prepare your young child for the next grade level with our workbooks, flashcards, books and a Little Scholar Tablet. Keep kids "classroom ready" with these great supplemental learning tools and more!
AWARD WINNING - School Zone content has won The Parents' Choice Foundation Award, Tillywig Toy Awards, Brainchild Award, Family Choice Award, Mom's Choice Awards Honoring Excellence, Gold Star Toy Scholastic Parent and Child Award and many more.
School Zone Publishing - Nourishing Young Minds
OUR STORY - Almost 40 years ago, long-time educators James Hoffman, Ed.D., and his wife Joan Hoffman, M.A., began a retail supply outlet for teachers, then soon identified a need for at-home learning materials to help parents support and supplement their children's classroom instruction. School Zone Publishing fast emerged as the market leader in workbooks and flashcards for preschoolers through sixth graders.
School Zone remains family-owned, focused on excellence, responsive to customers, alert to emerging technology, and committed to the community. We continually update our products with new features and content, reflective of changing standards, evolving teaching methods, and overall best practices. As just one example, we update our workbook curriculum on an as-needed basis to address changing standards such as those presented by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) and Common Core.
- Alphabet card game
- Upper and lowercase
- Fun for all ages!
- School Zone - Numbers 0-25 Flash Cards - Ages 4-6, Preschool and Up, Math Equations, Problem Solving, and More
- Arizona GameCo Alphabet Slap Jack ~ a Fun Preschool ABC Letter Learning Card Game ~ Kids Learn Upper/Lowercase Letter Recognition and Letter Sounds While Playing a Fun Card Game
- School Zone - Alphabet Flash Cards - Ages 3+, PreK, Letter-Picture Recognition, Word-Picture Recognition, Alphabet, and More
- School Zone - Old Maid Numbers Game Cards - Ages 4 and Up, Pre-K and Up, Numbers 1-12, Counting, Sets, Rhyming, Matching, and More
- School Zone - Numbers 1-100 Flash Cards - Ages 4 and Up, Numbers 1-100, Counting, Skip Counting, and More
- School Zone - Alphabet Match Flash Cards - Ages 4 and Up, Letters, Alphabet, Letter-Picture Recognition, and More
- Number Slap Jack - a Fun Number Recognition and Counting Card Game – Kids Learn Number 0-20 While Playing a Fun Card Game - Perfect for Preschool and Kindergarten Learners, Ages 4 to 7
- School Zone - Three-Letter Words Flash Cards - Ages 3 and Up, Letters, Letter Recognition, Word Recognition, Spelling, and More
- Numbers Go Fish Challenge Cards
- The Learning Journey Match It! Memory - Alphabet - Capital and Lowercase Letter Matching Game with 26 Matching Pairs
|Guiding Readers and Writers (Grades 3-6): Teaching, Comprehension, Genre, and Content Literacy
Lowest new price: $18.99
Lowest used price: $2.11
List price: $57.50
Author: Irene C. Fountas
Brand: Irene C Fountas
Authors Irene Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell have already helped hundreds of thousands of K-3 teachers engage, inform, and inspire early readers and writers. Now, with Guiding Readers and Writers (Grades 3-6), Fountas and Pinnell support teachers on the next leg of the literacy journey, addressing the unique challenges of teaching upper elementary students.
The product of many years of work with classroom teachers, Guiding Readers and Writers (Grades 3-6) is one of the most comprehensive, authoritative guides available today. It explores all the essential components of a quality literacy program in six separate sections:
A special feature appears at the end of each section, in which Fountas and Pinnell provide indispensable suggestions for working with struggling readers and writers.
- Breakthrough to Literacy: Fountas and Pinnell present the basic structure of the language/literacy program within a breakthrough framework that encompasses the building of community through language, word study, reading, writing, and the visual arts. The framework plays out as three "blocks," which can be interpreted as conceptual units as well as segments of time within the school day. Specific information on how to structure a reading and writing workshop is provided. A practical chapter on organizing and managing the classroom will help you implement the principles in your own classroom.
- Independent Reading: It is essential for students to develop interests and tastes as readers, selecting books for themselves every day. Fountas and Pinnell devote four chapters to independent reading, exploring how to structure teaching, minilessons, conferences, groupshare, and ways to use response journals as part of a reading workshop.
- Guided Reading: The chapters in this section provide detailed information on planning for guided reading, dynamic grouping for effective teaching, and selecting, introducing, and using leveled texts. Fountas and Pinnell describe characteristics of texts related to difficulty and ways to organize texts in your classroom and school.
- Literature Study: This section of the book discusses how to make students' experiences with literature as rich as possible. The authors offer specific suggestions for forming groups, guiding student choices, and establishing and teaching routines for literature discussion. A full chapter explores reader response and ways to help readers dig deep to uncover the meaning of texts.
- Teaching for Comprehension and Word Analysis: This detailed look at the reading process explores both oral and silent reading, processes and behaviors related to comprehension, and ways to help students construct meaning. Included are twelve systems for sustaining the reading process and expanding meaning, plus discussions of the important areas of phonics, spelling, and vocabulary.
- The Reading and Writing Connection: These chapters showcase the instructional contexts - poetry, writer's notebooks, writer's talks, genre, content literacy, and student research - that support students in connected reading and writing. An informative overview of the characteristics of fiction and nonfiction will help you teach students to read and write a variety of genre. What's more, the authors suggest ways to help students learn the "genre" of testing and perform the kinds of reading and writing tasks that tests require. They also detail the continuous thoughtful assessment that guides all aspects of effective teaching.
- Guiding Readers and Writers Grades 3 6 Teaching Comprehension Genre and Content Literacy
|When I Feel Angry (The Way I Feel Books)
Lowest new price: $4.99
Lowest used price: $1.50
List price: $6.99
Author: Cornelia Maude Spelman
Brand: Albert Whitman & Co
Anger is a scary emotion for young children, their parents, and caregivers. As this little bunny experiences the things that make her angry, she also learns ways to deal with her anger--ways that won't hurt others.
|On Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird (Cliffs Notes)
Lowest new price: $2.99
Lowest used price: $0.10
List price: $5.99
Brand: Castleman, Tamara
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on To Kill a Mockingbird, you explore Harper Lee's literary masterpiece—a novel that deals with Civil Rights and racial bigotry in the segregated southern United States of the 1930s. Told through the eyes of the memorable Scout Finch, the novel tells the story of her father, Atticus, as he hopelessly strives to prove the innocence of a black man accused of raping and beating a white woman.
Chapter summaries and commentaries take you through Scout's coming of age journey. Critical essays give you insight into racial relations in the South during the 1930s, as well as a comparison between the novel and its landmark film version. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of the main characters
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- A section on the life and background of Harper Lee
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
|Visible Learning: A Synthesis of Over 800 Meta-Analyses Relating to Achievement
Lowest new price: $35.43
Lowest used price: $24.99
List price: $64.95
Author: John Hattie
This unique and ground-breaking book is the result of 15 years research and synthesises over 800 meta-analyses on the influences on achievement in school-aged students. It builds a story about the power of teachers, feedback, and a model of learning and understanding. The research involves many millions of students and represents the largest ever evidence based research into what actually works in schools to improve learning. Areas covered include the influence of the student, home, school, curricula, teacher, and teaching strategies. A model of teaching and learning is developed based on the notion of visible teaching and visible learning.
A major message is that what works best for students is similar to what works best for teachers – an attention to setting challenging learning intentions, being clear about what success means, and an attention to learning strategies for developing conceptual understanding about what teachers and students know and understand.
Although the current evidence based fad has turned into a debate about test scores, this book is about using evidence to build and defend a model of teaching and learning. A major contribution is a fascinating benchmark/dashboard for comparing many innovations in teaching and schools.
- March 1, 2009
- Hattie, John A C (Author)
- 378 pages
|The Humongous Book of Calculus Problems (Humongous Books)
Lowest new price: $9.35
Lowest used price: $3.36
List price: $19.95
Author: W. Michael Kelley
Brand: Alpha Books
Now students have nothing to fear …
Math textbooks can be as baffling as the subject they’re teaching. Not anymore. The best-selling author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Calculus has taken what appears to be a typical calculus workbook, chock full of solved calculus problems, and made legible notes in the margins, adding missing steps and simplifying solutions. Finally, everything is made perfectly clear. Students will be prepared to solve those obscure problems that were never discussed in class but always seem to find their way onto exams.
--Includes 1,000 problems with comprehensive solutions
--Annotated notes throughout the text clarify what’s being asked in each problem and fill in missing steps
--Kelley is a former award-winning calculus teacher
|The story of the world: Ancient times, from the earliest Nomads to the last Roman emperor history for the classical child, Vol. 1 (v. 1)
Lowest new price: $22.42
Lowest used price: $20.61
List price: $39.95
Author: Susan Wise Bauer
Brand: Peace Hill Press
History will never be the same again! This spirited reading of the first in Susan Wise Bauer's Story of the World history series brings to life the stories and records of the peoples of ancient times.
Now more than ever, other countries and customs affect our everyday lives-and our children need to learn about the people who live all around the globe. Susan Wise Bauer has provided a captivating guide to the history of the ancient world. Written in an engaging, straightforward manner, The Story of the World weaves world history into a storybook format. This volume covers the major historical events from the beginning of civilization to the fall of the Roman Empire.
This Story of the World audiobook is a collaboration between Jim Weiss, whose voice has been described as “liquid gold” (CNN-TV), and Susan Wise Bauer, whose writing has been described as “timeless and intelligent” (Publishers Weekly). It may be used along with the print books (The Story of the World Volume 1 Text Book, Activity Book, and Tests; each sold separately), as a supplement to a traditional history curriculum, or independently. Approximately 8 hours on 7 audio CDs.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 2 of 1040
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.