|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|GMAT Official Guide 2018 Bundle: Books + Online
Lowest new price: $35.00
Lowest used price: $34.95
List price: $79.95
Author: GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)
Get access to over 1500 questions for the GMAT exam in one package. The GMAT Official Guide 2018 Bundle features actual questions from past GMAT exams - including 220 never-before-seen questions- and consists of The GMAT Official Guide 2018, The GMAT Official Guide 2018 Verbal Review, and The GMAT Official Guide 2018 Quantitative Review. All three guides also come with exclusive access to gmat.wiley.com, where you can build your own practice sets using the questions in the guides and access an additional 58 integrated reasoning questions.
Don't waste time on fake GMAT questions. Optimize your study time practicing on real GMAT questions from the GMAT Official Guide 2018 Bundle.
|The Reading Strategies Book: Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Readers
Lowest new price: $39.05
Lowest used price: $32.57
List price: $45.63
Author: Jennifer Serravallo
Brand: Jennifer Serravallo
With hit books that support strategic reading through conferring, small groups, and assessment, Jen Serravallo gets emails almost daily asking, "Isn't there a book of the strategies themselves?" Now there is.
"Strategies make the often invisible work of reading actionable and visible," Jen writes. In The Reading Strategies Book, she collects 300 strategies to share with readers in support of thirteen goals-everything from fluency to literary analysis. Each strategy is cross-linked to skills, genres, and Fountas & Pinnell reading levels to give you just-right teaching, just in time. With Jen's help you'll:
- develop goals for every reader
- give students step-by-step strategies for skilled reading
- guide readers with prompts aligned to the strategies
- adjust instruction to meet individual needs with Jen's Teaching Tips
- craft demonstrations and explanations with her Lesson Language
- learn more with Hat Tips to the work of influential teacher-authors.
Whether you use readers workshop, Daily 5/CAFE, guided reading, balanced reading, a core reading program, whole-class novels, or any other approach, The Reading Strategies Book will complement and extend your teaching. Rely on it to plan and implement goal-directed, differentiated instruction for individuals, small groups, and whole classes.
"We offer strategies to readers to put the work in doable terms for those who are still practicing," writes Jen Serravallo. "The goal is not that they can do the steps of the strategy but that they become more comfortable and competent with a new skill." With The Reading Strategies Book, you'll have ways to help your readers make progress every day.
Visit heinemann.com/readingstrategiesbook/ where you'll find blog posts, videos from Jen Serravallo, community features, and more information on The Reading Strategies Book.
- The Reading Strategies Book Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Readers
- The Writing Strategies Book: Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Writers
- The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading: An Assess-Decide-Guide Framework for Supporting Every Reader
- Teaching Reading in Small Groups: Differentiated Instruction for Building Strategic, Independent Readers
- The Literacy Teacher's Playbook, Grades 3-6: Four Steps for Turning Assessment Data into Goal-Directed Instruction
- Conferring with Readers: Supporting Each Student's Growth and Independence
- Chart Sense: Common Sense Charts to Teach 3-8 Informational Text and Literature
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction (6th Edition) (Words Their Way Series)
- The Guided Reading Teacher's Companion: Prompts, Discussion Starters & Teaching Points
- The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum, Expanded Edition: A Tool for Assessment, Planning, and Teaching, PreK-8
- The Literacy Teacher's Playbook, Grades K-2: Four Steps for Turning Assessment Data into Goal-Directed Instruction
|GRE Prep Plus 2018: Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online + Video + Mobile (Kaplan Test Prep)
Lowest new price: $19.95
Lowest used price: $19.40
List price: $39.99
Author: Kaplan Test Prep
Kaplan's GRE Prep Plus 2018 guides you through your GRE prep step by step, with added online practice and video lessons to ensure you're ready for Test Day. Study Kaplan's proven strategies, boost your math skills, practice your pacing, and become an expert in the exam's computerized format with two online practice tests.
Kaplan is so certain that GRE Prep Plus 2018 offers all the knowledge you need to excel at the GRE, that we guarantee it: After studying with the online resources and book, you'll score higher on the GRE—or you'll get your money back.
Get everything in our GRE Prep 2018 package, plus an additional online practice test, 1,500+ additional practice questions, dozens of timed practice sets for every section of the test, a customizable online Quiz Bank, and video lessons on stress-reduction techniques and study planning tactics that can help you ace the GRE.
With GRE Prep Plus 2018 you can study on-the-go. Log in from anywhere to do practice sets and even practice tests that are optimized for your mobile device.
The Best Practice
- Two full-length online practice tests help you practice in the same computer-based format you'll see on Test Day.
- One full-length practice test included in the book for easier referencing and review.
- More than 2,200 questions with detailed explanations, including brand new questions for this edition and more in-book practice questions than ever before.
- Personalize your study plan with the individual performance summary you'll receive after each test.
- Customize your practice with a 500-question online Quiz Bank that lets you select problems by topic and difficulty.
- Chapters on each GRE question type and math skill, with practice sets for each.
- Questions have been reviewed, revised and updated for 2017-2018 by Kaplan's all-star expert faculty.
- Purchase includes 20% off code for more GRE practice.
- Purchase of GRE Prep Plus 2018 comes with one-on-one academic support from Kaplan faculty via our Facebook page: facebook.com/KaplanGradPrep
- We know the test: The Kaplan team has spent years studying every GRE-related document available.
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for almost 80 years. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
Want to boost your studies with even more online practice and in-depth GRE workbooks? Try Kaplan's GRE Complete 2018.
The previous edition of this book was titled GRE Premier 2017.
|The Pout-Pout Fish
Lowest new price: $4.25
Lowest used price: $1.55
List price: $7.99
Author: Deborah Diesen
Brand: Deborah Diesen
A NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER
Deep in the water,
Mr. Fish swims about
With his fish face stuck
In a permanent pout.
Can his pals cheer him up?
Will his pout ever end?
Is there something he can learn
From an unexpected friend?
Swim along with the pout-pout fish as he discovers that being glum and spreading "dreary wearies" isn't really his destiny. Bright ocean colors and playful rhyme come together in Deborah Diesen's fun fish story that's sure to turn even the poutiest of frowns upside down.
|The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer [binder edition]: Worksheets, Checklists, Etiquette, Calendars, and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Lowest new price: $15.95
Lowest used price: $6.02
List price: $29.99
Author: Carley Roney
Brand: Carley Roney
For the first time, the go-to wedding website, The Knot, has compiled all their essential planning tools—and dozens of new ideas—into this beautiful wedding organizer.
Inside you will find:
• Detailed timelines and worksheets for scheduling and budgeting
• Planning and money-saving tips on everything from the dress to the music to the reception decor
• 8 tabbed dividers packed with visual inspiration, including more than 100 color photos of centerpieces, table settings, favors, and more
• A perforated color swatch page for mixing and matching your own wedding palette
• Extensive information on choosing your vendors, including checklists of key questions to ask
• Ideas for the twenty-first-century bride, including how to use online tools and mobile for maximum convenience
• Pockets for collecting inspiring tearsheets, important contracts, and business cards
• Removable stickers on the front, spine, and back so you can make the binder your own
The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer is an indispensable resource—and a lovely keepsake after the meaningful, joyful, and customized celebration you’re sure to have.
- The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner Organizer binder edition Worksheets Checklists Etiquette Calendars and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
|Guinness World Records 2018: Meet our Real-Life Superheroes
Lowest new price: $14.97
Lowest used price: $10.23
List price: $28.95
Author: Guinness World Records
The record-breaking records annual is back and packed with more incredible accomplishments, stunts, cutting-edge science and amazing sporting achievements than ever before. With more than 3,000 new and updated records and 1,000 eye-popping photos, it has thousands of new stats and facts and dazzling new features.
There is so much to explore inside. Go on a whirlwind tour of the planet’s most amazing places, from the largest swamps to the deepest points on Earth. Find out what happens when you give an octopus a Rubik’s Cube, and why all you need to defend yourself from a crocodile is a rubber band! You’ll also find all your favorite records and categories such as Big Stuff, Collections, Mass Participation and Fun with Food, plus the year’s most significant sporting achievements.
Our editors have also taken inspiration this year from the world of superheroes – both fictional and real-world – so look out for our feature chapter charting your favorite caped crusaders in comic books, TV shows and movies. We also meet the real-life record-breakers with genuine superpowers, such as the Canadian strongman vicar who can pull a jumbo jet and an actual cyborg who uses technology to augment his senses. You’ll also learn all about the science of superheroes, such as who the fastest and strongest superheroes would be if they came to life, and who would win in a royal rumble between Superman, Batman, Hulk and Dr Strange!
Also new this year is a celebration of the superlative with infographic poster pages that explore the most exciting absolutes, such as the longest, tallest, fastest and heaviest. Does the longest sofa outstretch the longest train? Is the tallest Easter egg bigger than the tallest snowman? Find out in this amazing new edition. You’ll also find these special pages available as free poster downloads at guinnessworldrecords.com!
From science to showbiz via stunts and sports, there are real-life heroes all around us in all shapes and sizes, achieving the extraordinary every day. There’s only one book where you’ll find so many amazing facts all in one place, and that’s Guinness World Records 2018!
|Where Is Baby's Belly Button? A Lift-the-Flap Book
Lowest new price: $2.97
Lowest used price: $0.10
List price: $5.99
Author: Karen Katz
Brand: Free Spirit Publishing
Karen Katz's adorable babies play peekaboo in this delightful interactive book. The sturdy format and easy-to-lift flaps are perfect for parents and children to share.
"Where are Baby's hands? Under the bubbles!"
"Where are baby's eyes? Under her hat!"
|The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
Lowest new price: $9.97
Lowest used price: $9.98
List price: $19.95
Author: Michelle Alexander
Brand: Baker and Taylor
Once in a great while a book comes along that changes the way we see the world and helps to fuel a nationwide social movement. The New Jim Crow is such a book. Praised by Harvard Law professor Lani Guinier as "brave and bold," this book directly challenges the notion that the election of Barack Obama signals a new era of colorblindness. With dazzling candor, legal scholar Michelle Alexander argues that "we have not ended racial caste in America; we have merely redesigned it." By targeting black men through the War on Drugs and decimating communities of color, the U.S. criminal justice system functions as a contemporary system of racial control—relegating millions to a permanent second-class status—even as it formally adheres to the principle of colorblindness. In the words of Benjamin Todd Jealous, president and CEO of the NAACP, this book is a "call to action."
Called "stunning" by Pulitzer Prize–winning historian David Levering Lewis, "invaluable" by the Daily Kos, "explosive" by Kirkus, and "profoundly necessary" by the Miami Herald, this updated and revised paperback edition of The New Jim Crow, now with a foreword by Cornel West, is a must-read for all people of conscience.
|A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Fifth Edition
Lowest new price: $39.89
Lowest used price: $23.38
List price: $65.95
Author: Project Management Institute
New Edition coming in 2017.
|The Day the Crayons Quit
Lowest new price: $9.35
Lowest used price: $3.79
List price: $17.99
Author: Drew Daywalt
Brand: Penguin Group
The hilarious, colorful #1 New York Times bestselling phenomenon that every kid wants! Gift a copy to someone you love today.
Poor Duncan just wants to color. But when he opens his box of crayons, he finds only letters, all saying the same thing: His crayons have had enough! They quit! Beige Crayon is tired of playing second fiddle to Brown Crayon. Black wants to be used for more than just outlining. Blue needs a break from coloring all those bodies of water. And Orange and Yellow are no longer speaking—each believes he is the true color of the sun.
What can Duncan possibly do to appease all of the crayons and get them back to doing what they do best?
Kids will be imagining their own humorous conversations with crayons and coloring a blue streak after sharing laughs with Drew Daywalt and New York Times bestseller Oliver Jeffers. This story is perfect as a back-to-school gift, for all budding artists, for fans of humorous books such as Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems and The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Sciezka and Lane Smith, and for fans of Oliver Jeffers' Stuck, The Incredible Book Eating Boy, Lost and Found, and This Moose Belongs to Me.
Praise for The Day the Crayons Quit
Amazon’s 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
A Barnes & Noble Best Book of 2013
Goodreads’ 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
Winner of the E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
* “Hilarious . . . Move over, Click, Clack, Moo; we’ve got a new contender for the most successful picture-book strike.” –BCCB, starred review
“Jeffers . . . elevates crayon drawing to remarkable heights.” –Booklist
“Fresh and funny.” –The Wall Street Journal
"This book will have children asking to have it read again and again.” –Library Media Connection
* “This colorful title should make for an uproarious storytime.” –School Library Journal, starred review
* “These memorable personalities will leave readers glancing apprehensively at their own crayon boxes.” –Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Utterly original.” –San Francisco Chronicle
Amazon Best Children's Book of 2013: The Day the Crayons Quit, Drew Daywalt’s clever story of a box of crayons gone rogue will get the whole family laughing at the letters written by the occupants of the ubiquitous yellow and green box. The combination of text and Oliver Jeffers' illustrations match the colors' personalities beautifully as the crayons share their concern, appreciation, or downright frustration: yellow and orange demand to know the true color of the sun, while green--clearly the people pleaser of the bunch--is happy with his workload of crocodiles, trees, and dinosaurs. Peach crayon wants to know why his wrapper was torn off, leaving him naked and in hiding; blue is exhausted and, well, worn out; and pink wants a little more paper time. The result of this letter writing campaign is colorful creativity and after reading this book I will never look at crayons the same way again--nor would I want to. ---Seira Wilson
- Funny back-to-school story.
- Duncan's crayons quit coloring. Crayons have feelings, too.
- What can Duncan do to appease the crayons and get them back coloring?
- Contains 40 pages and measures 9.25" x 6.25".
- Recommended for ages 3 - 7 years.
Page 4 of 322914
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.