|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 1
Lowest new price: $5.03
Lowest used price: $1.04
List price: $13.95
Author: Jeff Kinney
Brand: Hachette Book
Boys don’t keep diaries―or do they?
The launch of an exciting and innovatively illustrated new series narrated by an unforgettable kid every family can relate to
It’s a new school year, and Greg Heffley finds himself thrust into middle school, where undersized weaklings share the hallways with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving. The hazards of growing up before you’re ready are uniquely revealed through words and drawings as Greg records them in his diary.
In book one of this debut series, Greg is happy to have Rowley, his sidekick, along for the ride. But when Rowley’s star starts to rise, Greg tries to use his best friend’s newfound popularity to his own advantage, kicking off a chain of events that will test their friendship in hilarious fashion.
Author/illustrator Jeff Kinney recalls the growing pains of school life and introduces a new kind of hero who epitomizes the challenges of being a kid. As Greg says in his diary, “Just don’t expect me to be all ‘Dear Diary’ this and ‘Dear Diary’ that.” Luckily for us, what Greg Heffley says he won’t do and what he actually does are two very different things.
Since its launch in May 2004 on Funbrain.com, the Web version of Diary of a Wimpy Kid has been viewed by 20 million unique online readers. This year, it is averaging 70,000 readers a day.
|Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 7e (Saunders Comprehensive Review for Nclex-Rn)
Lowest new price: $47.89
Lowest used price: $42.25
List price: $66.95
Author: Linda Anne Silvestri PhD RN
Brand: Linda Anne Silvestri
Often called the ‘the best NCLEX® exam review book ever,’ Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 7th Edition provides everything you need to prepare for the NCLEX exam ― complete content review and 5,200 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and online. Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only this book includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. Even better, all answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices, as well as test-taking strategies with tips on how to best approach each question. Written by the most trusted name in NCLEX review, Linda Anne Silvestri, and updated to reflect the most current 2016 NCLEX test plan, Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 7th Edition is THE book of choice for NCLEX examination review. But don’t just take our word for it ― read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why there's nothing else like it!
- Over 5,100 practice questions in the text and online offer ample testing practice.
- Question categories by cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, and content area give users completely customizable exams or study sessions when using the companion Evolve site.
- UNIQUE! A detailed test-taking strategy and rationale is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option, and guiding users to remediation in Saunders Strategies for Test Success: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX® Exam and Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Exam.
- Inclusion of all alternate item format questions covers multiple response, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration [hot spot], chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to give users practice with mastering prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Alternate item format questions are highlighted with a special icon to easily find in the text.
- 85-question comprehensive exam covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Action boxes list actions for clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including a detailed rationale and textbook reference.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Alert! boxes spotlight important nursing concepts and procedures, and include tips and shortcuts for remembering key information.
- UNIQUE! Priority concepts call-outs highlight specific concepts related to nursing practice. Concepts have been updated to reflect the latest Giddens: Concepts for Nursing Practice text.
- Page references for each question guide users toward an Elsevier nursing textbook for further study and self-remediation.
- Full-color design offers a more visually engaging learning experience.
- Easy-to-use index lets users quickly locate questions for a given topic or body system.
- Recent graduate’s perspective sections offer meaningful guidance for the NCLEX-RN, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, and the CAT format.
- Expanded coverage of delegation, prioritization, and triage/disaster management in the practice questions reflect the areas of increased emphasis on the NCLEX exam.
- Automatic software updates on the Evolve companion site allow users to check for changes and content updates throughout the life of the edition.
- UNIQUE! Audio review summaries on pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance are found on the Evolve companion site.
- NEW! Questions and content aligned with the latest NCLEX-RN exam reflect the increased level of difficulty and format changes in some areas.
- NEW! Summary of the key changes made to the 2016 NCLEX-RN test plan will be included at the beginning of the text along with how those updates are addressed throughout the new edition.
- NEW! Mnemonics will be included as Pyramid Alerts where appropriate throughout the text.
- NEW! More Priority Nursing Action boxes to communicate new and pertinent content.
- NEW! Revised illustrations provide a more up-to-date and consistent presentation of art throughout the text.
- NEW! Completely updated chapter on vital signs and laboratory values include the latest lab values.
- NEW! Glossary of the Pyramid Terms located in the back of the book help users access all definitions in one location.
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX RN Examination
|The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2018
Lowest new price: $9.35
Lowest used price: $10.54
List price: $14.99
The 150th Anniversary edition of the best-selling reference book of all time!
The World Almanac® and Book of Facts is America's top-selling reference book of all time, with more than 82 million copies sold. Since 1868, this compendium of information has been the authoritative source for all your entertainment, reference, and learning needs. The 150th anniversary edition celebrates its illustrious history while keeping an eye on the future. Praised as a "treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information" by The Wall Street Journal, The World Almanac and Book of Facts will answer all of your trivia needs—from history and sports to geography, pop culture, and much more.
- 150 Years of The World Almanac: A special feature celebrating The World Almanac's historic run includes highlights from its distinguished past and some old-fashioned "facts," illustrating how its defining mission has changed with the times.
- Historical Anniversaries: The World Almanac's recurring feature expands to incorporate milestone events and cultural touchstones dating to the book's founding year, from the impeachment of President Andrew Johnson to the publication of Little Women.
- World Almanac Editors' Picks: Greatest Single-Season Performances: In light of Russell Westbrook's unprecedented 42 regular-season triple-doubles (and the second-ever season triple-double), The World Almanac takes a look back in sports history for athletes' best single-season runs.
- Statistical Spotlight: A popular new feature highlights statistics relevant to the biggest stories of the year. These data visualizations provide important context and new perspectives to give readers a fresh angle on important issues.
- The Obama Presidency: A year after Barack Obama’s second term came to a close, The World Almanac reviews the accomplishments, missteps, and legacy of the 44th president.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
- Other New Highlights: A brand-new biography of the 45th president and profile of the Trump administration; official 2016 election results; and statistics on criminal incarceration and sentence lengths, health care, overdose deaths, shootings, terrorism, and much more.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac takes a look back at 2017 while providing all the information you'll need in 2018.
- 2017—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2017.
- 2017—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring a preview of the upcoming 2018 Winter Olympic Games, complete coverage of the 2017 World Series, new tables of NBA, NHL, and NCAA statistics, and much more.
- 2017—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2017, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2017—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors found some of the quirkiest news stories of the year, from the king who secretly worked as an airline pilot for decades to the state that's auctioning off its governor's mansion.
- World Almanac Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2017, from news and sports to pop culture.
|The One and Only Ivan
Lowest new price: $3.75
Lowest used price: $1.97
List price: $7.99
Author: Katherine Applegate
Winner of the Newbery Medal and a #1 New York Times bestseller!
This unforgettable novel from renowned author Katherine Applegate celebrates the transformative power of unexpected friendship. Inspired by the true story of a captive gorilla known as Ivan, this illustrated book is told from the point of view of Ivan himself. This paperback edition includes an author's note highlighting the differences between the fictional story and true events, a version of the author's Newbery Medal acceptance speech, Ivan's "signature," discussion questions, and more.
Having spent twenty-seven years behind the glass walls of his enclosure in a shopping mall, Ivan has grown accustomed to humans watching him. He hardly ever thinks about his life in the jungle. Instead, Ivan occupies himself with television, his friends Stella and Bob, and painting. But when he meets Ruby, a baby elephant taken from the wild, he is forced to see their home, and his art, through new eyes.
In the tradition of timeless stories like Charlotte's Web and Stuart Little, Katherine Applegate blends humor and poignancy to create an unforgettable story of friendship, art, and hope.
The One and Only Ivan features first-person narrative; author's use of literary devices (personification, imagery); and story elements (plot, character development, perspective).
|Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon: The Official Alola Region Strategy Guide
Lowest new price: $15.47
Lowest used price: $17.27
List price: $24.99
Author: Pokemon Company International
Set Off for More Adventures in the Alola Region!
Whether you’re heading back to the islands or it’s your first time in the tropical Alola region, there are many fun surprises waiting for you to discover!
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
• A detailed walkthrough of your whole adventure!
• A Pokémon List to help you fill the Alola Pokédex!
• The scoop on where to find items, how to use advanced battle strategies, and more!
• An updated bonus pullout map showing every island in the region!
|Thinking, Fast and Slow
Lowest new price: $8.75
Lowest used price: $5.18
List price: $17.00
Author: Daniel Kahneman
Brand: Daniel Kahneman
Major New York Times bestseller
Winner of the National Academy of Sciences Best Book Award in 2012
Selected by the New York Times Book Review as one of the ten best books of 2011
A Globe and Mail Best Books of the Year 2011 Title
One of The Economist's 2011 Books of the Year
One of The Wall Street Journal's Best Nonfiction Books of the Year 2011
2013 Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient
Kahneman's work with Amos Tversky is the subject of Michael Lewis's The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds
In the international bestseller, Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman, the renowned psychologist and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, takes us on a groundbreaking tour of the mind and explains the two systems that drive the way we think. System 1 is fast, intuitive, and emotional; System 2 is slower, more deliberative, and more logical. The impact of overconfidence on corporate strategies, the difficulties of predicting what will make us happy in the future, the profound effect of cognitive biases on everything from playing the stock market to planning our next vacation―each of these can be understood only by knowing how the two systems shape our judgments and decisions.
Engaging the reader in a lively conversation about how we think, Kahneman reveals where we can and cannot trust our intuitions and how we can tap into the benefits of slow thinking. He offers practical and enlightening insights into how choices are made in both our business and our personal lives―and how we can use different techniques to guard against the mental glitches that often get us into trouble. Winner of the National Academy of Sciences Best Book Award and the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and selected by The New York Times Book Review as one of the ten best books of 2011, Thinking, Fast and Slow is destined to be a classic.
Amazon Best Books of the Month, November 2011: Drawing on decades of research in psychology that resulted in a Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences, Daniel Kahneman takes readers on an exploration of what influences thought example by example, sometimes with unlikely word pairs like "vomit and banana." System 1 and System 2, the fast and slow types of thinking, become characters that illustrate the psychology behind things we think we understand but really don't, such as intuition. Kahneman's transparent and careful treatment of his subject has the potential to change how we think, not just about thinking, but about how we live our lives. Thinking, Fast and Slow gives deep--and sometimes frightening--insight about what goes on inside our heads: the psychological basis for reactions, judgments, recognition, choices, conclusions, and much more. --JoVon Sotak
|Kid Chef Bakes: The Kids Cookbook for Aspiring Bakers
Lowest new price: $9.75
Lowest used price: $8.15
List price: $14.99
Author: Lisa Huff
For fans of the widely popular kids cookbook Kid Chef comes Kid Chef Bakes―a cookbook that makes teaching kids to bake a piece of cake
When a child is ready to take the spatula into his or her hands, it can be difficult to find recipes suited to their level, ability, and tastes that also capture their interest. Catering to ambitious chefs ages 8–13, this kids cookbook and culinary crash course shows your chef-in-training what it takes to bake from start to finish. With tips for prepping and setting up the kitchen, tutorials fostering basic skills, and sweet recipes that parents will love, Kid Chef Bakes is a kids cookbook to inspire the aspiring chef.
More than just a kids cookbook, Kid Chef Bakes contains:
- Tips for Prep and Set-up with the right tools, equipment, and pantry essentials, including essential safety tips on how to use the oven and stove
- Hands-on Lessons with tutorials for developing basic cooking skills like measuring liquids vs. solids and separating eggs
- Over 75 Recipes with guidance to hone skills while making delicious treats that the whole family will enjoy
- More than 65 Photos with how-to shots for instruction makes this a go-to guide and kids cookbook
Recipes in this kids cookbook and learning tool include: Mini Triple Chocolate Muffins, Sprinkle Cake Pops, White Chocolate Blondies, Roasted Strawberry Shortcakes, Little Chicken and Mushroom Biscuit Pot Pies, and much more!
Learn how sweet it is to get your kids excited about baking with this kids cookbook and culinary class from mother of two and author behind the recipe blog Snappy Gourmet, Lisa Huff.
|2018 Rand McNally Large Scale Road Atlas (Rand McNally Road Atlas)
Lowest new price: $13.68
Lowest used price: $10.00
List price: $19.95
Author: Rand McNally
Brand: Rand McNally
Give road-weary eyes a break with this spiral-bound Large Scale edition featuring all the accuracy you've come to expect from Rand McNally, only bigger. Updated atlas contains maps of every U.S. state that are 35% larger than the standard atlas version plus over 350 detailed city inset and national park maps and a comprehensive, unabridged index. Road construction and conditions contact information for every state conveniently located above the maps. Contains mileage chart showing distances between 77 North American cities and national parks with driving times map. Tough spiral binding allows the book to lay open easily.
Best of the Road® - Our editor's favorite road trips from our Best of the Road® collection follows scenic routes along stretches of coastline, both east and west, to forests mountains, and prairies; and through small towns and big cities. For a weekend or a week there's something for everyone.
Tell Rand! As much as we work to keep our atlases up to date, conditions change quickly and new construction projects begin frequently. If you know of something we haven't captured in our atlas, let us know at randmcnally.com/tellrand.
Tourism websites and phone numbers for every U.S. state and Canadian province on map pages
Dimensions: 10.375" x 15.375"
- Updated atlas contains maps of every U.S. state.
- Each map is 35 percent larger than the average atlas version.
- Features over 350 detailed city insets, national park maps and a comprehensive, unabridged index.
- Road construction projects and updates are located conveniently above each map.
- Mileage chart shows distances and driving times between 77 North American cities and national parks.
|MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review 2018-2019: Online + Book (Kaplan Test Prep)
Lowest new price: $128.99
Lowest used price: $126.00
List price: $259.99
Author: Kaplan Test Prep
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitles included with the product.
Kaplan's MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review 2018-2019 offers an expert study plan, detailed subject review, and hundreds of online and in-book practice questions – all authored by the experts behind the MCAT prep course that has helped more people get into medical school than all other major courses combined.
Prepping for the MCAT is a true challenge. Kaplan can be your partner along the way – offering guidance on where to focus your efforts and how to organize your review. MCAT Complete covers every topic on the official content lists, and the books in this set have been updated to match the AAMC's guidelines precisely—no more worrying if your MCAT review is comprehensive!
The Most Practice
The Best Practice
- More than 350 questions in each book and access to even more online – more practice than any other MCAT set on the market.
- Comprehensive subject review is written by top-rated, award-winning Kaplan instructors.
- Full-color, 3-D illustrations from Scientific American, charts, graphs and diagrams help turn even the most complex science into easy-to-visualize concepts.
- All material is vetted by editors with advanced science degrees and by a medical doctor.
- Online resources, including three realistic practice tests, help you master the computer-based format you'll see on Test Day.
- High-yield badges throughout the books identify the top 100 topics most-tested by the AAMC.
- Full-color, 24-page Quicksheets emphasize the most important information in visual form.
- We know the test: The Kaplan MCAT team has spent years studying every MCAT-related document available.
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- MCAT Complete 7 Book Subject Review 2018 2019 Online Book Kaplan Test Prep
|Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
Lowest new price: $9.29
Lowest used price: $9.29
List price: $16.99
Author: Dave Canterbury
Brand: Adams Media
A New York Times Bestseller in Sports and Travel!
The ultimate resource for experiencing the backcountry!
Written by survivalist expert Dave Canterbury, Bushcraft 101 gets you ready for your next backcountry trip with advice on making the most of your time outdoors. Based on the 5Cs of Survivability--cutting tools, covering, combustion devices, containers, and cordages--this valuable guide offers only the most important survival skills to help you craft resources from your surroundings and truly experience the beauty and thrill of the wilderness. Inside, you'll also discover detailed information on:
With Canterbury's guidance, you'll not only prepare yourself for any climate and situation, you'll also learn how to use the art of bushcraft to reconnect with nature in ways you've never imagined.
- Choosing the right items for your kit.
- Manufacturing needed tools and supplies.
- Collecting and cooking food.
- Protecting yourself from the elements.
- Bushcraft 101 A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
Page 4 of 331444
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.