|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|GMAT Official Guide 2018 Bundle: Books + Online
Lowest new price: $39.42
Lowest used price: $46.95
List price: $79.95
Author: GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)
Get access to over 1,500 questions for the GMAT exam in one package
The GMAT Official Guide 2018 Bundle features actual questions from past GMAT exams – including 220 never-before-seen questions – and consists of The GMAT Official Guide 2018, The GMAT Official Guide 2018 Verbal Review, and The GMAT Official Guide 2018 Quantitative Review. All three guides also come with exclusive access to gmat.wiley.com, where you can build your own practice sets using the questions in the guides and access an additional 58 integrated reasoning questions.
|Signing Naturally: Student Workbook, Units 1-6 (Book & DVDs)
Lowest new price: $79.95
Lowest used price: $65.99
List price: $84.95
Author: Cheri Smith
Brand: Harris Communications
Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee.
- American Sign Language
|5,000 Awesome Facts (About Everything!) (National Geographic Kids)
Lowest new price: $12.88
Lowest used price: $2.03
List price: $19.95
Author: National Geographic Kids
Brand: National Geographic
"Filled with photographs, this beautifully designed book is organized into two-page spreads that each focus on a different topic, making it easy and fun to read." --Redding.com
Presenting the next must-have, fun-filled gift book from the team that created Ultimate Weird But True, 5,000 Cool Facts About Everything treats kids to brain candy and eye candy all rolled into one treasure trove of high-interest fascinating facts.
Lively and information-packed, this book is literally busting its covers with fascinating, fun-tastic facts on super, sensational topics that kids love. Who knew that there were so many sweet things to learn about chocolate or that a dozen delicious details about peanut butter would show up on a page with a few splotches of jelly to whet our appetites? Keep turning and a terrifyingly toothy shark tells you all about himself, while other spreads lay out tons of tips on toys and games, mysteries of history, robots and reptiles, sports and spies, wacky words, and so much more! A visual feast of colorful photographs surrounded by swirling, tipping, expanding, and climbing bits of information in a high-energy design, this book will satisfy both the casual browser and the truly fact obsessed.
- Expand your knowledge of everything!
- Encourage reading and thinking
- Features 5,000 random, but true, facts
- Durable hardcover design
- Intriguing and readable format
- National Geographic Kids Why?: Over 1,111 Answers to Everything
- Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids
- 5,000 Awesome Facts (About Everything!) 2 (National Geographic Kids)
- National Geographic Kids Brain Games: The Mind-Blowing Science of Your Amazing Brain
- National Geographic Kids 125 True Stories of Amazing Animals: Inspiring Tales of Animal Friendship & Four-Legged Heroes, Plus Crazy Animal Antics
- The Boy's Book of Adventure: The Little Guidebook for Smart and Resourceful Boys
- National Geographic Kids Just Joking: 300 Hilarious Jokes, Tricky Tongue Twisters, and Ridiculous Riddles
- 5,000 Awesome Facts (About Everything!) 3 (National Geographic Kids)
- Science Encyclopedia: Atom Smashing, Food Chemistry, Animals, Space, and More! (Encyclopaedia)
- How Things Work: Discover Secrets and Science Behind Bounce Houses, Hovercraft, Robotics, and Everything in Between (National Geographic Kids)
|Everything's an Argument with 2016 MLA Update
Lowest new price: $53.05
Lowest used price: $32.87
List price: $89.00
Author: Andrea A. Lunsford
Brand: Lunsford Andrea A
THIS TITLE HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT THE 2016 MLA UPDATES! Our editorial team has updated this text based on content from The MLA Handbook, 8th Edition. Browse our catalog or contact your representative for a full listing of updated titles and packages, or to request a custom ISBN.
Everything’s an Argument teaches students to analyze the arguments that surround them every day and to create their own. This best-selling text offers proven instructional content by composition luminaries Andrea Lunsford and John Ruszkiewicz, covering five core types of arguments. Revised based on feedback from its large and devoted community of users, the seventh edition offers a new chapter on multimedia argument and dozens of current arguments across perspectives and genres, from academic essays and newspaper editorials to tweets and infographics. Combine the text with LaunchPad for Everything’s an Argument with Readings for even more engaging content and new ways to get the most out of your course. Access unique, book-specific materials in a fully customizable online course space; then adapt, assign, and integrate our resources with yours. This LaunchPad includes:
- Interactive exercises and tutorials for reading, writing, and research
- LearningCurve adaptive, game-like practice that helps students focus on the topics where they need the most help, such as fallacies, claims, evidence, and other key elements of argument
- Reading comprehension quizzes
Also available in a full version with 35 additional readings.
- Everything s an Argument with 2016 MLA Update
|Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption
Lowest new price: $9.41
Lowest used price: $4.38
List price: $16.00
Author: Bryan Stevenson
Brand: Bryan Stevenson
#1 New York Times Bestseller | Named one of the Best Books of the Year by The New York Times • The Washington Post • The Boston Globe • The Seattle Times • Esquire • Time
Winner of the Carnegie Medal for Nonfiction | Winner of the NAACP Image Award for Nonfiction | Winner of a Books for a Better Life Award | Finalist for the Los Angeles Book Prize | Finalist for the Kirkus Reviews Prize | An American Library Association Notable Book
A powerful true story about the potential for mercy to redeem us, and a clarion call to fix our broken system of justice—from one of the most brilliant and influential lawyers of our time
Bryan Stevenson was a young lawyer when he founded the Equal Justice Initiative, a legal practice dedicated to defending those most desperate and in need: the poor, the wrongly condemned, and women and children trapped in the farthest reaches of our criminal justice system. One of his first cases was that of Walter McMillian, a young man who was sentenced to die for a notorious murder he insisted he didn’t commit. The case drew Bryan into a tangle of conspiracy, political machination, and legal brinksmanship—and transformed his understanding of mercy and justice forever.
Just Mercy is at once an unforgettable account of an idealistic, gifted young lawyer’s coming of age, a moving window into the lives of those he has defended, and an inspiring argument for compassion in the pursuit of true justice.
Praise for Just Mercy
“Every bit as moving as To Kill a Mockingbird, and in some ways more so . . . a searing indictment of American criminal justice and a stirring testament to the salvation that fighting for the vulnerable sometimes yields.”—David Cole, The New York Review of Books
“Searing, moving . . . Bryan Stevenson may, indeed, be America’s Mandela.”—Nicholas Kristof, The New York Times
“You don’t have to read too long to start cheering for this man. . . . The message of this book . . . is that evil can be overcome, a difference can be made. Just Mercy will make you upset and it will make you hopeful.”—Ted Conover, The New York Times Book Review
“Inspiring . . . a work of style, substance and clarity . . . Stevenson is not only a great lawyer, he’s also a gifted writer and storyteller.”—The Washington Post
“As deeply moving, poignant and powerful a book as has been, and maybe ever can be, written about the death penalty.”—The Financial Times
“Brilliant.”—The Philadelphia Inquirer
“Not since Atticus Finch has a fearless and committed lawyer made such a difference in the American South. Though larger than life, Atticus exists only in fiction. Bryan Stevenson, however, is very much alive and doing God’s work fighting for the poor, the oppressed, the voiceless, the vulnerable, the outcast, and those with no hope. Just Mercy is his inspiring and powerful story.”—John Grisham
“Bryan Stevenson is one of my personal heroes, perhaps the most inspiring and influential crusader for justice alive today, and Just Mercy is extraordinary. The stories told within these pages hold the potential to transform what we think we mean when we talk about justice.”—Michelle Alexander, author of The New Jim Crow
- Just Mercy A Story of Justice and Redemption
|The Associated Press Stylebook 2017: and Briefing on Media Law (Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law)
Lowest new price: $14.09
Lowest used price: $9.88
List price: $21.99
Author: Associated Press
Brand: The Associated Press
The style of the Associated Press is the gold standard for news writing. With The AP Stylebook in hand, you can learn how to write and edit with the clarity and professionalism for which they are famous. Fully revised and updated, this new edition contains more than 3,000 A to Z entriesincluding more than 200 new onesdetailing the AP's rules on grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, abbreviation, and word and numeral usage. You'll find answers to such wide-ranging questions as:
· When should the names of government bodies be spelled out and when should they be abbreviated?
· What are the general definitions of the major religious movements?
· Which companies do the big media conglomerates own?
· Who are all the members of the British Commonwealth?
· How should box scores for baseball games be filed?
· What constitutes fair use”?
· What exactly does the Freedom of Information Act cover?
With invaluable additional sections on the unique guidelines for business and sports reporting and on how you can guard against libel and copyright infringement, The AP Stylebook is the one reference that all writers, editors, and students cannot afford to be without.
- The Associated Press Stylebook 2017 and Briefing on Media Law
|Cracking the Coding Interview: 189 Programming Questions and Solutions
Lowest new price: $32.77
Lowest used price: $27.01
List price: $39.95
Author: Gayle Laakmann McDowell
I am not a recruiter. I am a software engineer. And as such, I know what it's like to be asked to whip up brilliant algorithms on the spot and then write flawless code on a whiteboard. I've been through this as a candidate and as an interviewer.
Cracking the Coding Interview, 6th Edition is here to help you through this process, teaching you what you need to know and enabling you to perform at your very best. I've coached and interviewed hundreds of software engineers. The result is this book.
Learn how to uncover the hints and hidden details in a question, discover how to break down a problem into manageable chunks, develop techniques to unstick yourself when stuck, learn (or re-learn) core computer science concepts, and practice on 189 interview questions and solutions.
These interview questions are real; they are not pulled out of computer science textbooks. They reflect what's truly being asked at the top companies, so that you can be as prepared as possible. WHAT'S INSIDE?
- 189 programming interview questions, ranging from the basics to the trickiest algorithm problems.
- A walk-through of how to derive each solution, so that you can learn how to get there yourself.
- Hints on how to solve each of the 189 questions, just like what you would get in a real interview.
- Five proven strategies to tackle algorithm questions, so that you can solve questions you haven't seen.
- Extensive coverage of essential topics, such as big O time, data structures, and core algorithms.
- A behind the scenes look at how top companies like Google and Facebook hire developers.
- Techniques to prepare for and ace the soft side of the interview: behavioral questions.
- For interviewers and companies: details on what makes a good interview question and hiring process.
- Cracking the Coding Interview 189 Programming Questions and Solutions
|The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
Lowest new price: $14.00
Lowest used price: $8.76
List price: $24.99
Author: Timothy Ferriss
Brand: Timothy Ferriss
The New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Body shows readers how to live more and work less, now with more than 100 pages of new, cutting-edge content.
Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
This step-by-step guide to luxury lifestyle design teaches:
• How Tim went from $40,000 per year and 80 hours per week to $40,000 per month and 4 hours per week
• How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
• How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
• How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
• How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”
The new expanded edition of Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Workweek includes:
• More than 50 practical tips and case studies from readers (including families) who have doubled income, overcome common sticking points, and reinvented themselves using the original book as a starting point
• Real-world templates you can copy for eliminating e-mail, negotiating with bosses and clients, or getting a private chef for less than $8 a meal
• How Lifestyle Design principles can be suited to unpredictable economic times
• The latest tools and tricks, as well as high-tech shortcuts, for living like a diplomat or millionaire without being either
- The 4 Hour Workweek Escape 9 5 Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
|iclicker2 student remote and REEF 6M packaging
Lowest new price: $43.74
Lowest used price: $30.99
List price: $52.99
Brand new iClicker 2. In package and plastic.
|The Hero with a Thousand Faces (The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell)
Lowest new price: $15.60
Lowest used price: $10.61
List price: $22.95
Author: Joseph Campbell
Brand: Joseph Campbell
Since its release in 1949, The Hero with a Thousand Faces has influenced millions of readers by combining the insights of modern psychology with Joseph Campbell’s revolutionary understanding of comparative mythology. In these pages, Campbell outlines the Hero’s Journey, a universal motif of adventure and transformation that runs through virtually all of the world’s mythic traditions. He also explores the Cosmogonic Cycle, the mythic pattern of world creation and destruction.
As part of the Joseph Campbell Foundation’s Collected Works of Joseph Campbell, this third edition features expanded illustrations, a comprehensive bibliography, and more accessible sidebars.
As relevant today as when it was first published, The Hero with a Thousand Faces continues to find new audiences in fields ranging from religion and anthropology to literature and film studies. The book has also profoundly influenced creative artistsincluding authors, songwriters, game designers, and filmmakersand continues to inspire all those interested in the inherent human need to tell stories.
Originally written by Campbell in the '40s-- in his pre-Bill Moyers days -- and famous as George Lucas' inspiration for "Star Wars," this book will likewise inspire any writer or reader in its well considered assertion that while all stories have already been told, this is *not* a bad thing, since the *retelling* is still necessary. And while our own life's journey must always be ended alone, the travel is undertaken in the company not only of immediate loved ones and primal passion, but of the heroes and heroines -- and myth-cycles -- that have preceded us.
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces
Page 5 of 279110
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.