|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Scientific Farm Animal Production: An Introduction (11th Edition)
Lowest new price: $139.11
Lowest used price: $69.78
List price: $171.00
Author: Robert W. Taylor
Brand: Taylor Robert E
A comprehensive, best-selling, science-based approach to building livestock and poultry management systems for food, fiber, and recreation.
With Scientific Farm Animal Production, students of animal agriculture get a comprehensive, science-based approach to building livestock and poultry management systems for food, fiber, and recreation. It effectively integrates the scientific disciplines that support livestock and poultry production with detailed information about the primary livestock species, appropriate management protocols, and the market forces that impact demand across the supply chain.
As a result of a comprehensive review by nearly 20 professionals, this new edition features increased clarity, depth and accuracy, including improved end-of-chapter questions; updated and enhanced figures and color photos; the latest demographic data; an expanded discussion of social and consumer issues; and an authoritative look at the trends, issues, and opportunities for animal agriculture.
- Scientific Farm Animal Production An Introduction 11th Edition
|Hartmann & Kester's Plant Propagation: Principles and Practices (9th Edition) (What's New in Trades & Technology)
Lowest new price: $207.98
Lowest used price: $206.20
List price: $212.00
Author: Fred T. Davies Jr.
World standard on plant propagation and horticulture for over 50 years!
Hartmann and Kester’s Plant Propagation remains the field’s most complete and up-to-date guide to the principles and practices of plant propagation. Using color figures throughout, the text pairs chapters on horticultural science with commercial techniques for plant propagation. It starts with an introduction to the industry and basic plant biology, and then dives into more complex technical concepts, ranging from seed and vegetative propagation, to propagation techniques for specific fruits, nuts, and crops for the greenhouse and nursery.
The extensively updated Ninth Edition integrates the latest breakthroughs and innovations, including advances in plant hormone biology and the molecular basis of plant growth. It includes a vast new range of color photos taken at commercial producers and research labs around the world.
Instructor resources, such as PPTs, TestBanks, and Instructor Manuals, can be downloaded here.
|Introduction to Agricultural Economics (7th Edition) (What's New in Trades & Technology)
Lowest new price: $153.27
Lowest used price: $148.02
List price: $188.20
Author: John B. Penson
A systematic overview of the economic forces influencing the food and fiber industry .
Introduction to Agricultural Economics provides students with a systematic, building block introduction to the basic economic concepts and issues impacting the U.S. food and fiber industry today. Thorough coverage of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory, the role of government, and international trade policies allows readers to gain an understanding of domestic consumers and overseas markets. Each chapter offers extensive review opportunities that let students test their knowledge of important concepts and prepare for exams. The Seventh Edition has been thoroughly revised to provide the most up-to-date coverage of the dynamic food and fiber industry within the global economy.
|The Home Creamery: Make Your Own Fresh Dairy Products; Easy Recipes for Butter, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Creme Fraiche, Cream Cheese, Ricotta, and More!
Lowest new price: $10.32
Lowest used price: $8.94
List price: $16.95
Author: Kathy Farrell-Kingsley
Brand: Kathy Farrell Kingsley
Discover how easy it is to make fresh dairy products at home! You don’t need a commercial kitchen or specialty ingredients to whip up your own cheeses, yogurts, and spreads. With simple step-by-step instructions that don’t require complicated aging techniques, you can add a wonderful range of tart, sweet, and nutty flavors to your cooking. From fresh buttermilk for mouthwatering pancakes to creamy mozzarella in a refreshing Caprese salad, you’ll soon enjoy the fresh flavors of your homemade dairy creations.
- The Home Creamery Make Your Own Fresh Dairy Products Easy Recipes for Butter Yogurt Sour Cream Creme Fraiche Cream Cheese Ricotta and More
- Flavored Butters: How to Make Them, Shape Them, and Use Them as Spreads, Toppings, and Sauces (50 Series)
- Kilner Vintage Glass Butter Churn; Delicious Homemade Butter in as Little as Ten Minutes; Large 34-Fluid Ounce Capacity; Recipes Included
- Kilner Butter Churn Starter Kit, Includes Butter Churn, Butter Paddle Set, and Butter Dish
- Birch Wood Butter Paddles 8.5 Inch
- Chef'n Buttercup Butter Maker
- Making Cheese, Butter & Yogurt: (Storey's Country Wisdom Bulletin A-283) (Storey Country Wisdom Bulletin, A-283)
- Kitchen Craft Home Made Wooden Butter Paddles / Gnocchi Boards, 20 x 6.5 cm (Set of 2) by KitchenCraft
- Home Cheese Making: Recipes for 75 Homemade Cheeses
- The Beginner's Guide to Cheese Making: Easy Recipes and Lessons to Make Your Own Handcrafted Cheeses
- The Complete Guide to Making Cheese, Butter, and Yogurt at Home: Everything You Need to Know Explained Simply Revised 2nd Edition (Back to Basics)
|The Organic Medicinal Herb Farmer: The Ultimate Guide to Producing High-Quality Herbs on a Market Scale
Lowest new price: $29.53
Lowest used price: $28.85
List price: $39.95
Author: Jeff Carpenter
Brand: Melanie Carpenter Jeff Carpenter
A new approach to growing local medicine, including information on geo-authenticity, wildcrafting, and developing a good business plan
Both a business guide and a farming manual, The Organic Medicinal Herb Farmer will teach readers how to successfully grow and market organic medicinal Western herbs.
Whether you’re trying to farm medicinal plants, culinary herbs, or at-risk native herbs exclusively or simply add herbal crops to what you’re already growing, successful small-scale herb farmers Jeff and Melanie Carpenter will guide you through the entire process―from cultivation to creating value-added products.
Using their Zack Woods Herb Farm in Vermont as a backdrop, the Carpenters cover all the basic practical information farmers need to know to get an organic herb farm up and running, including:
• Size and scale considerations;
• Layout and design of the farm and facilities;
• Growing and cultivation information, including types of tools;
• Field and bed prep;
• Plant propagation;
• Weed control, and pests and diseases;
• Harvesting, as well as wild harvesting and the concept of geo-authentic botanicals;
• Postharvest processing; and,
• Value-added products and marketing.
The authors also provide fifty detailed plant profiles, going deeper into the herbs every farmer should consider growing. In an easy-to-understand, practical, and comprehensive manner, readers will learn how to focus on quality over quantity, and keep costs down by innovating with existing equipment, rather than expensive technology.Market farmers who have never before considered growing medicinal herbs will learn why it’s more important to produce these herbs domestically.
The Organic Medicinal Herb Farmer makes a convincing case that producing organic medicinal herbs can be a viable, profitable, farming enterprise. The Carpenters also make the case for incorporating medicinal herbs into existing operations, as it can help increase revenue in the form of value-added products, not to mention improve the ecological health of farmland by encouraging biodiversity as a path toward greater soil health.
- The Chinese Medicinal Herb Farm: A Cultivator's Guide to Small-Scale Organic Herb Production
- Growing and Marketing Ginseng, Goldenseal and other Woodland Medicinals
- Farming the Woods: An Integrated Permaculture Approach to Growing Food and Medicinals in Temperate Forests
- Rosemary Gladstar's Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner's Guide: 33 Healing Herbs to Know, Grow, and Use
- The Organic Farmer's Business Handbook: A Complete Guide to Managing Finances, Crops, and Staff - and Making a Profit
- Will Bonsall's Essential Guide to Radical, Self-Reliant Gardening: Innovative Techniques for Growing Vegetables, Grains, and Perennial Food Crops with Minimal Fossil Fuel and Animal Inputs
- The Permaculture Market Garden: A Visual Guide to a Profitable Whole-systems Farm Business
- The Lean Farm: How to Minimize Waste, Increase Efficiency, and Maximize Value and Profits with Less Work
- Compact Farms: 15 Proven Plans for Market Farms on 5 Acres or Less; Includes Detailed Farm Layouts for Productivity and Efficiency
- The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower's Handbook: Organic Vegetable Production Using Protected Culture
|Butchering Beef: The Comprehensive Photographic Guide to Humane Slaughtering and Butchering
Lowest new price: $15.81
Lowest used price: $16.88
List price: $24.95
Author: Adam Danforth
Brand: Storey Publishing
Learn how to humanely slaughter cattle and butcher your own beef. In this straightforward guide, Adam Danforth provides clear instructions and step-by-step photography of the entire butchering process, from creating the right preslaughter conditions through killing, skinning, keeping cold, breaking the meat down, and perfecting expert cuts. With plenty of encouragement and expert advice on food safety, packaging, and necessary equipment, this comprehensive guide has all the information you need to start butchering your own beef.
- Butchering Poultry, Rabbit, Lamb, Goat, and Pork: The Comprehensive Photographic Guide to Humane Slaughtering and Butchering
- Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game: Beef, Veal, Pork, Lamb, Poultry, Rabbit, Venison
- The Art of Beef Cutting: A Meat Professional's Guide to Butchering and Merchandising
- Whole Beast Butchery: The Complete Visual Guide to Beef, Lamb, and Pork
- Victorinox Bone Dust Scraper, Square, White Poly
- A Guide to Canning, Freezing, Curing & Smoking Meat, Fish & Game
- The Ultimate Guide to Home Butchering: How to Prepare Any Animal or Bird for the Table or Freezer
- Victorinox Scabbard, Double Pouch, Aluminum (Accepts Knives Up To 12" Blade)
- Build a Smokehouse: Storey Country Wisdom Bulletin A-81
- Weston Butcher Saw with 22 Inch Stainless Steel Blade (47-2201)
|The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness
Lowest new price: $15.91
Lowest used price: $5.01
List price: $26.00
Author: Sy Montgomery
Brand: Montgomery Sy
Finalist for the 2015 National Book Award for Nonfiction
New York Times Bestseller
“Sy Montgomery’s The Soul of an Octopus does for the creature what Helen Macdonald’s H Is for Hawk did for raptors.” —New Statesman, UK
Starred Booklist and Library Journal Editors’ Spring Pick
“One of the best science books of the year” —Science Friday, NPR
A Huffington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
One of the Best Books of the Month on Goodreads
Library Journal Best Sci-Tech Book of 2015
An American Library Association Notable Book of the Year
In this astonishing book from the author of the bestselling memoir The Good Good Pig, Sy Montgomery explores the emotional and physical world of the octopus—a surprisingly complex, intelligent, and spirited creature—and the remarkable connections it makes with humans.
Sy Montgomery’s popular 2011 Orion magazine piece, “Deep Intellect,” about her friendship with a sensitive, sweet-natured octopus named Athena and the grief she felt at her death, went viral, indicating the widespread fascination with these mysterious, almost alien-like creatures. Since then Sy has practiced true immersion journalism, from New England aquarium tanks to the reefs of French Polynesia and the Gulf of Mexico, pursuing these wild, solitary shape-shifters. Octopuses have varied personalities and intelligence they show in myriad ways: endless trickery to escape enclosures and get food; jetting water playfully to bounce objects like balls; and evading caretakers by using a scoop net as a trampoline and running around the floor on eight arms. But with a beak like a parrot, venom like a snake, and a tongue covered with teeth, how can such a being know anything? And what sort of thoughts could it think?
The intelligence of dogs, birds, and chimpanzees was only recently accepted by scientists, who now are establishing the intelligence of the octopus, watching them solve problems and deciphering the meaning of their color-changing camouflage techniques. Montgomery chronicles this growing appreciation of the octopus, but also tells a love story. By turns funny, entertaining, touching, and profound, The Soul of an Octopus reveals what octopuses can teach us about consciousness and the meeting of two very different minds.
- The Soul of an Octopus A Surprising Exploration Into the Wonder of Consciousness
- The Genius of Birds
- Other Minds: The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness
- What a Fish Knows: The Inner Lives of Our Underwater Cousins
- The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate―Discoveries from a Secret World
- Birdology: Adventures with a Pack of Hens, a Peck of Pigeons, Cantankerous Crows, Fierce Falcons, Hip Hop Parrots, Baby Hummingbirds, and One Murderously Big Living Dinosaur (t)
- The Good Good Pig: The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood
- Octopus: The Ocean's Intelligent Invertebrate
- Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are?
- The Good Good Pig: The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood
- The Inner Life of Animals: Love, Grief, and Compassion―Surprising Observations of a Hidden World
|2: Ball RedBook: Crop Production
Lowest new price: $46.28
Lowest used price: $45.91
List price: $73.95
Brand: Brand: Ball Publishing
Offering detailed information on the production of 162 flower, herb, and vegetable crops, this essential resource for growers includes techniques and advice that work in real-life production, not just in the lab or trial greenhouses. Information is offered on how to decide what to grow, as well as tips on temperature, media, plant nutrition, irrigation, water quality, light, crop scheduling, and growth regulators. Details about propagation, growing, pest and disease control, troubleshooting, and postharvest care are presented and arranged by genus name. The plants represented in this compendium include annuals, perennials, flowering potted plants, herbs, and some vegetable bedding plants.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Lowest new price: $138.32
Lowest used price: $87.38
Author: Ronald Kay
This text is developed for the first course in Farm Management, typically taken by a junior/senior level student. Designed to introduce students to the key concepts on how to effectively manage a farm business, the eighth edition provides students with the basic information needed to measure management performance, financial progress, and the financial condition of the farm business.
|Soil Science and Management
Lowest new price: $132.28
Lowest used price: $69.99
List price: $199.95
Author: Edward Plaster
Gain a practical understanding of soil properties and the soil management techniques most important for the effective use of soils with SOIL SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT, 6E. This non-technical, reader-friendly book details all aspects of effective soil usage, including management techniques, composition, fertility, erosion, conservation,and irrigation in this practical guide. This edition highlights horticultural uses of soil as well as the latest green methodologies in both agricultural and horticultural practice from the perspective of farmers, horticulturalists, environmentalists and others who are concerned about how soils work and how they can be used most effectively. This edition further examines nutrient management and best practices with the latest updates on legal issues and government programs that make it a useful resource now and invaluable reference for the future.
- Introduction to Agronomy: Food, Crops, and Environment
- Scientific Farm Animal Production: An Introduction (11th Edition)
- Manual of Woody Landscape Plants Their Identification, Ornamental Characteristics, Culture, Propogation and Uses
- Plant Science: Growth, Development, and Utilization of Cultivated Plants (5th Edition)
- Stern's Introductory Plant Biology
- Botany for Gardeners, 3rd Edition
- Farm Management
- Landscape Graphics: Plan, Section, and Perspective Drawing of Landscape Spaces
- Landscape Construction
- Introduction to Agricultural Economics (7th Edition) (What's New in Trades & Technology)
Page 4 of 2755
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.