|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|An Inspirational Colouring Book For Everyone: Be Fearless In The Pursuit Of What Sets Your Soul On Fire
Lowest new price: $6.11
Lowest used price: $7.17
List price: $6.99
Author: Papeterie Bleu
2018 GIFT IDEAS | COLOURING BOOKS FOR GROWN-UPS | INSPIRATIONAL
Be fearless in pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
Enter Papeterie Bleu’s world of inspiration and motivational self-expression though creativity with this stress-relieving colouring book for grownups. Inside you will find 35 whimsical pages that will take you to your happy place for colouring, relaxation, and introspection. Unleash your inner artist as you colour this therapeutic antistress colouring book, perfect for decorating with markers, colored pencils, gel pens, or watercolors.
- Printed single-sided on bright white paper
- Premium matte-finish cover design
- Soothing seamless patterns on reverse pages
- Perfect for all colouring mediums
- Black background reverse pages to reduce bleed-through
- High quality 60lb (90gsm) paper stock
- Large format 8.5"x11.0" (22x28cm) pages
- A Snarky Adult Colouring Book: My Lack of Inner Peace is Stressing Me Out (Volume 3)
- Crayola Colored Pencils, Pre-sharpened, Adult Coloring, 50 Count, Stocking Stuffer, Gift
- Adult Coloring Books Good vibes: Dont give up : Motivate your life with Brilliant designs and great (Volume 16)
- Inspirational Quotes: An Adult Coloring Book with Motivational Sayings and Positive Affirmations for Confidence and Relaxation
- A Snarky Adult Colouring Book: I Run on Coffee, Sarcasm & Lipstick (Volume 1)
- A Snarky Adult Colouring Book: Some People Need a High-Five, In the Face, With a Chair (Volume 2)
- Live Your Dreams: An Adult Coloring Book with Fun Inspirational Quotes, Adorable Kawaii Doodles, and Positive Affirmations for Relaxation
- She Believed She Could So She Did Adult Coloring Book with Inspirational Quotes: A Coloring Book for Grown-Ups Providing Relaxation and Encouragement ... and assist with Anti-Stress and Mindfulness)
- Good Vibes Coloring Book (Coloring is Fun) (Design Originals): 30 Beginner-Friendly Relaxing & Creative Art Activities on High-Quality Extra-Thick Perforated Paper that Resists Bleed Through
- Haters Gonna Hate: A Snarky Mandala Coloring Book: Mandalas? Again?!? SMH: Midnight Edition (Volume 3)
|Chemistry in Context
Lowest new price: $99.68
Lowest used price: $95.99
Author: American Chemical Society
Following in the tradition of the first eight editions, the goal of this successful, issues-based textbook, Chemistry in Context, is to establish chemical principles on a need-to-know basis for non-science majors, enabling them to learn chemistry in the context of their own lives and significant issues facing science and the world. The non-traditional approach of Chemistry in Context reflects today's technological issues and the chemistry principles within them. Global warming, alternate fuels, nutrition, and genetic engineering are examples of issues that are covered in Chemistry in Context.
|Chemistry in Context
Lowest new price: $86.00
Lowest used price: $10.96
List price: $200.60
Author: American Chemical Society
NOTE:This book will not include access code. Following in the tradition of the first seven editions, the goal of this successful, issues-based textbook, Chemistry in Context, is to establish chemical principles on a need-to-know basis for non-science majors, enabling them to learn chemistry in the context of their own lives and significant issues facing science and the world. The non-traditional approach of Chemistry in Context reflects today's technological issues and the chemistry principles within them. Global warming, alternate fuels, nutrition, and genetic engineering are examples of issues that are covered in Chemistry in Context.
|Vineyards, Rocks, and Soils: The Wine Lover's Guide to Geology
Lowest new price: $24.97
Lowest used price: $34.56
List price: $34.95
Author: Alex Maltman
Jurassic, basalt, moraine, flint, alluvial, magma: what are these words and what do they have to do with wine? The answers are here in this book. They are geological terms that reflect a bond between wine and the land. Understanding geology, however, is tricky. Geological concepts are obscure; processes can be imperceptibly slow, invisible, and unimaginably ancient. The terminology is formidable, such that even the names of common rocks carry an air of mystery.
Geology is introduced plainly, starting with basic principles, all in the context of wine. The emphasis is on the kinds of processes that shape vineyards, and on the minerals, rocks and soils that host the vines. Geological words now commonly seen in wine writings are systematically explained. You will learn the stories behind some of the names, the human face of geology.
The book also explores how the geology-wine connection manifests in the finished product and evaluates its importance, particularly in the contexts of minerality, terroir, and wine taste. The fact is that geology is increasingly being promoted in the world of wine; the aim here is to help it be properly understood.
|Cosmogenic Radionuclides: Theory and Applications in the Terrestrial and Space Environments (Physics of Earth and Space Environments)
Lowest new price: $158.64
Lowest used price: $157.85
List price: $179.99
Author: Jürg Beer
This book shows how cosmogenic radionuclides can trace and reconstruct the history of a variety of processes. Demonstrates the strength of analytic tools based on cosmogenic radionuclides, and their potential use in solving present and future problems.
|Assessing the Accuracy of Remotely Sensed Data: Principles and Practices, Third Edition
Lowest new price: $130.27
Lowest used price: $134.54
List price: $149.95
Author: Russell G. Congalton
The past 10 years have brought amazing changes to the technologies used to turn remotely sensed data into maps. As a result, the principles and practices necessary for assessing the accuracy of those maps have also evolved and matured. This third edition of Assessing the Accuracy of Remotely Sensed Data: Principles and Practices is thoroughly updated and includes five new chapters. Now 15 chapters long, this text is the only one of its kind to provide geospatial analysts with the requisite considerations, tools, and theory necessary to conduct successful and efficient map accuracy assessments; and map users with the knowledge to fully understand the assessment process to ensure effective use of maps.
See What’s New in the Third Edition:
- All original chapters have been updated to include new standards, practices, and methodologies.
- A new chapter on planning accuracy assessments.
- A new chapter on assessing maps created using object-based technologies.
- Two case study chapters - one showcasing the assessment of maps created from traditional methods, and one on the assessment of object-based maps.
- Emphasis on considering and planning for positional accuracy in concert with thematic accuracy.
- An appendix containing the internationally recognized ASPRS Positional Accuracy Standards.
- A new final chapter summarizing the key concepts, considerations and lessons learned by the authors in their decades of implementing and evaluating accuracy assessments.
Assessing map accuracy is complex; however, the discussions in this book, together with the many figures, tables, and case studies, clearly present the necessary concepts and considerations for conducting an assessment that is both is practical, statistically reliable, and achievable.
|Biogeochemistry: An Analysis of Global Change, 3rd Edition
Lowest new price: $86.72
Lowest used price: $75.75
List price: $99.95
Author: W.H. Schlesinger
Biogeochemistry―winner of a 2014 Textbook Excellence Award (Texty) from the Text and Academic Authors Association―considers how the basic chemical conditions of the Earth, from atmosphere to soil to seawater, have been and are being affected by the existence of life. Human activities in particular, from the rapid consumption of resources to the destruction of the rainforests and the expansion of smog-covered cities, are leading to rapid changes in the basic chemistry of the Earth.
This expansive text pulls together the numerous fields of study encompassed by biogeochemistry to analyze the increasing demands of the growing human population on limited resources and the resulting changes in the planet's chemical makeup.
The book helps students extrapolate small-scale examples to the global level, and also discusses the instrumentation being used by NASA and its role in studies of global change. With extensive cross-referencing of chapters, figures and tables, and an interdisciplinary coverage of the topic at hand, this updated edition provides an excellent framework for courses examining global change and environmental chemistry, and is also a useful self-study guide.
- Winner of a 2014 Texty Award from the Text and Academic Authors Association
- Calculates and compares the effects of industrial emissions, land clearing, agriculture, and rising population on Earth's chemistry
- Synthesizes the global cycles of carbon, nitrogen, phosphorous, and sulfur, and suggests the best current budgets for atmospheric gases such as ammonia, nitrous oxide, dimethyl sulfide, and carbonyl sulfide
- Includes an extensive review and up-to-date synthesis of the current literature on the Earth's biogeochemistry
|Principles of Terrestrial Ecosystem Ecology
Lowest new price: $58.82
Lowest used price: $25.14
List price: $74.99
Author: F Stuart Chapin III
Brand: Brand: Springer
Features review questions at the end of each chapter; Includes suggestions for recommended reading; Provides a glossary of ecological terms; Has a wide audience as a textbook for advanced undergraduate students, graduate students and as a reference for practicing scientists from a wide array of disciplines
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Manual of Mineral Science
Lowest new price: $108.95
Lowest used price: $28.27
List price: $413.66
Author: Cornelis Klein
The classic in the field since 1848, this extraordinary reference offers readers unsurpassed coverage of mineralogy and crystallography. The book is known for integrating complete coverage of concepts and principles with a more systematic and descriptive treatment of mineralogy. The revised edition now includes a CD-ROM to let readers see the minerals and crystals, while also viewing chemical composition, symmetry, and morphological crystallography.
|Phase Diagrams for Geoscientists: An Atlas of the Earth's Interior
Lowest new price: $136.07
Lowest used price: $135.27
List price: $149.99
Author: Tibor Gasparik
Presented in this new, full-color edition, with the first polychrome phase diagrams to be published, this geoscientific atlas is backed by the author’s unrivalled dataset, and amounts to the most complete survey yet of phase relations in Earth’s chemistry.
Page 1 of 378
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.