|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Career Opportunities in Biotechnology and Drug Development
Lowest new price: $37.68
Lowest used price: $27.94
List price: $40.00
Author: Toby Freedman
Brand: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press
As the world of biotechnology has grown in leaps and bounds, so too have the career opportunities. But the choices can be daunting. What types of jobs are available? How do you get your foot in the door? What will your job entail if you become a "Preclinical Project Manager" or a "Process Scientist"? What's the difference between biotech and pharma?
Career Opportunities in Biotechnology and Drug Development provides a comprehensive and systematic overview of careers in the life science industry, with all their ups and downs. The author, Toby Freedman, Ph.D., has conducted interviews with hundreds of key players in the industry, who provide firsthand explanations of their daytoday roles and responsibilities, and offer key insights into how they landed those jobs in the first place. Careers in everything from discovery research to venture capital are covered in detail. Each chapter includes valuable sections on preparing yourself for a prospective career: educational requirements and personality characteristics needed; recommendations of books, magazines, and Web site resources; and issues to consider regarding salary and compensation. The book also includes interviewing and job searching tips, as well as suggestions on writing a resume specifically for industry. Career Opportunities in Biotechnology and Drug Development is an essential guide for science graduates and medical, business, legal, hightech or engineering professionals. With discussions of job security, future trends, and potential career paths, even those already working in industry will find helpful information on how to take advantage of opportunities available within their own companies and elsewhere. This book will help you make wiser and more informed decisions about what role you would like to play in the biotechnology and drug development industry.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press
|Facilitating the Genetic Counseling Process: A Practice Manual
Lowest new price: $92.70
Lowest used price: $82.42
List price: $109.00
Author: Patricia McCarthy Veach
Designed as an aid to students in Genetics counseling classes and professionals interested in honing their skills, Facilitating the Genetic Counseling Process will guide the reader through the why's and how's of assisting clients with these complex issues. The authors' collective years of both teaching students and counseling clients is reflected in the clear, practical approach of this manual.
|Testing for Language Teachers (Cambridge Language Teaching Library)
Lowest new price: $29.99
Lowest used price: $14.99
List price: $49.50
Author: Arthur Hughes
Brand: Arthur Hughes
This second edition remains the most practical guide for teachers who want to have a better understanding of the role of testing in language teaching. It has a new chapter on testing young learners and expanded chapters on common test techniques and testing overall ability.
- ISBN13: 9780521484954
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
|Thompson & Thompson Genetics in Medicine: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 7e (Thompson and Thompson Genetics in Medicine)
Lowest new price: $14.00
Lowest used price: $1.83
List price: $78.95
Author: Robert L. Nussbaum MD FACP FACMG
Brand: Brand: Saunders
Through six editions, Thompson & Thompson's Genetics in Medicine has been a well-established favorite textbook on this fascinating and rapidly evolving field, integrating the classic principles of human genetics with modern molecular genetics to help you understand a wide range of genetic disorders. The 7th edition incorporates the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, and much more. More than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos help you grasp complex concepts more easily. In addition to the book, you will also receive STUDENT CONSULT, enabling you to access the complete contents of the book online, anywhere you go!
- Acquire the state-of-the-art knowledge you need on the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, pharmacogenetics, and bio-informatics.
- Better understand the relationship between basic genetics and clinical medicine with a variety of clinical case studies.
- Recognize a wide range of genetic disorders with visual guidance from more than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos.
- Access the complete contents of the book online, fully searchable with STUDENT CONSULT. You'll find "Integration Links" to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles · content clipping for handheld devices · an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources · quarterly updates on the material · USMLE questions · and much more!
- A new chapter on molecular diagnostics, and new information on the Human Genome Project, Pharmacogenetics, and Bio-informatics give you the most up-to-date genetics information
- An increased number of case studies
- Brand-new, more dynamic illustrations help with visualisation
- Bonus access to STUDENT CONSULT! At www.studentconsult.com, you'll find:
- The complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable
- Downloadable image bank, perfect for essays and presentations
- 50 free "Integration Links" to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles
- Content clipping for handheld devices
- An interactive community centre with a wealth of additional resources, and much more
- Quarterly updates on the material
- USMLE questions
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Double-Edged Helix: Social Implications of Genetics in a Diverse Society
Lowest new price: $15.99
Lowest used price: $24.54
List price: $35.00
Brand: Brand: Johns Hopkins University Press
The Double-Edged Helix explores the impact of recent genetic discoveries on both different population segments and society as a whole. The authors address the medical and ethical implications of the new technologies, outlining potential positive and negative effects of genetic research on minorities, individuals with disabilities, and those of diverse sexual orientations. Presenting a wide array of perspectives, this book emphasizes the need to ensure that research into genetics research does not result in discrimination against people on the basis of their DNA.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Genograms: Assessment and Intervention
Lowest new price: $18.87
Lowest used price: $1.50
List price: $21.95
Author: Monica McGoldrick
Brand: W.W. Norton & Co
Using famous families as case studies, this book explains how to draw, interpret and apply the genogram, a graphic way of organizing information gathered during a family assessment. It explains how the use of genograms can bring to light a family's history of divorse, suicide, or estrangement, revealing inter-generational patterns that are more than coincidental. Widely used in the training of health and mental health professionals, this work is an introduction to the principles of family systems theory. This edition has been updated and expanded to include developments in genogram use.
|BRS Genetics (Board Review Series)
Lowest new price: $14.26
Lowest used price: $7.00
List price: $52.99
Author: Dr. Ronald W. Dudek PhD
Brand: Brand: Lippincott Williams Wilkins
Widely used by medical students studying for the USMLE Step 1, the Board Review Series (BRS) provides basic knowledge as it relates to clinical situations. BRS Genetics addresses a field that is increasingly taught in shorter courses. Chapters are written in an outline format and include pedagogical features such as bolded key words, tables, algorithms, and numerous illustrations, including a 16-page full-color insert. The book contains nearly 300 USMLE-style questions to help test students' memorization and mastery.
A companion Website includes a question bank as well as fully searchable text.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Hereditary Hearing Loss and Its Syndromes (Oxford Monographs on Medical Genetics)
Lowest new price: $66.33
Lowest used price: $18.99
List price: $169.50
Genetic deafness affects 1 in 1000 children, and over the last decade several dozen of the responsible genes have been identified. This unique textbook aims to assist clinicians dealing with deaf patients and families by critically reviewing all relevant published material on genetics, pathology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and laboratory findings. Thoroughly revised, the Second Edition has been updated throughout and includes a new chapter on hearing loss with cardiovascular disorders. It continues with the successful formula of presenting separate chapters on deafness associated with findings in specific body systems. Careful attention to cross referencing between chapters means that the multifaceted clinical presentations of distinct conditions are highlighted. These clinical variations are complemented by excellent clinical photographs, audiograms, figures from essential laboratory or other investigations, and comprehensive reference lists. Gene mutations that cause deafness are highlighted throughout the text, both in chapters dealing with syndromes and in a vastly expanded chapter focusing specifically on nonsyndromic forms of deafness. Thus, the new edition reflects all the progress on the molecular understanding of deafness made in recent years and integrates these findings into clinical practice. It also makes an important contribution to the cataloguing of new syndromes that have emerged in recent years, such as HIDS and X-linked maxillofacial dysostosis.
|Medical Genetics: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 4e (MEDICAL GENETICS ( JORDE))
Lowest new price: $72.61
Lowest used price: $6.00
List price: $76.95
Author: Lynn B. Jorde PhD
Brand: Brand: Mosby
Medical Genetics is the clearest and most concise text on the subject, providing state-of-the-art coverage of clinically relevant molecular genetics. Lynn B. Jorde, PhD; John C. Carey, MD; and Michael J. Bamshad, MD integrate recent developments with clinical practice and emphasize the central principles of genetics and their clinical applications. Now in full color, this edition provides you with the stunning visual clarity so important in this field. Get the very latest on hot topics like gene identification, cancer genetics, gene testing and gene therapy, common diseases, ethical and social issues, personalized medicine, and much more. With Student Consult access, you’ll get the full text online, along with images, 150 USMLE-style questions, and the clinical commentary and patient/family vignette boxes from the text―collated by chapter―for review. The accompanying Evolve site provides additional faculty notes, higher resolution images, 150 multiple choice questions, and 100 sample problems and essay questions. In other words, this is an indispensable resource that should be on every reading list.
- Includes access to the complete text and images online at studentconsult.com along with 150 additional USMLE-style questions for self-assessment.
- Features mini-summaries, study questions, suggested reading, and a detailed glossary to supplement and reinforce what you learn from the text.
- Demonstrates clinical relevance through over 230 photographs, illustrations, and tables, along with boxes containing patient/family vignettes.
- Supplements the text with online access to EVOLVE Resources.
- Contains additional faculty notes, higher resolution images, 150 multiple choice questions, and 100 sample problems and essay questions online for teaching purposes.
- Enhances the visual impact of the material with full-color illustrations throughout the text for easier and more effective learning and retention.
- Presents a new chapter on genomics and personalized medicine for the latest on these hot topics.
- Provides you with the latest knowledge and research on gene identification, cancer genetics, gene testing and gene therapy, common disorders, ethical and social issues, and much more so you can keep up with current developments in genetics.
- Includes study questions at the end of every chapter so you can test yourself and retain the material.
- Features additional clinically commentary boxes throughout the text to show the relevance of genetics to everyday patient problems to prepare you for problem-based integrated courses.
Lowest new price: $41.01
Lowest used price: $1.46
List price: $175.95
Author: Benjamin Lewin
From Renowned Author Benjamin Lewin Comes The Newest Edition Of His Classic Text, Genes IX. For Decades Lewin Has Provided The Teaching Community With The Most Cutting Edge Presentation Of Molecular Biology And Molecular Genetics, Covering Gene Structure, Sequencing, Organization, And Expression. The New Ninth Edition Boasts A Fresh Modern Design And Contemporary Art Program, As Well As A New Organization Which Allows Students To Focus More Sharply On Individual Topics. Thoroughly Updated, Including A New Chapter On Epigenetic Effects, Genes IX Proves To Be The Most Current, Comprehensive And Student-Friendly Molecular Biology Text Available!
Page 1 of 65
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.