|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage
Lowest new price: $5.69
Lowest used price: $2.02
List price: $16.99
Author: Alfred Lansing
Brand: DA CAPO PRESS
This harrowing tale of British explorer Ernest Shackleton's 1914 attempt to reach the South Pole, one of the greatest adventure stories of the modern age.
In August 1914, polar explorer Ernest Shackleton boarded the Endurance and set sail for Antarctica, where he planned to cross the last uncharted continent on foot. In January 1915, after battling its way through a thousand miles of pack ice and only a day's sail short of its destination, the Endurance became locked in an island of ice. Thus began the legendary ordeal of Shackleton and his crew of twenty-seven men.
For ten months the ice-moored Endurance drifted northwest before it was finally crushed between two ice floes. With no options left, Shackleton and a skeleton crew attempted a near-impossible journey over 850 miles of the South Atlantic's heaviest seas to the closest outpost of civilization. Their survival, and the survival of the men they left behind, depended on their small lifeboat successfully finding the island of South Georgia--a tiny dot of land in a vast and hostile ocean.
In Endurance, the definitive account of Ernest Shackleton's fateful trip, Alfred Lansing brilliantly narrates the harrowing and miraculous voyage that has defined heroism for the modern age.
- 102812 Has limited quantity available
|Rick Steves Rome 2018
Lowest new price: $12.45
Lowest used price: $10.74
List price: $21.99
Author: Rick Steves
Rome is called the Eternal City, and ancient ruins and Renaissance masterpieces still dot this modern metropolis: with Rick Steves on your side, Rome can be yours!
Inside Rick Steves Rome 2018 you'll find:
Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Rome
Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
Top sights and hidden gems, from the Colosseum and the Sistine Chapel to corner trattorias serving crispy fresh pizza and that perfect scoop of gelato
How to connect with local culture: Savor a plate of cacio e pepe, celebrate with the locals at a festival, or chat with fans about the latest soccer (calico, to locals) match
Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
The best places to eat, sleep, and experience la dolce far niente
Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and incredible museums
Detailed neighborhood maps and a fold-out city map for exploring on the go
Useful resources including a packing list, Italian phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
Annually updated information on Central Rome, Vatican City, Trastevere, and more, plus day trips to Ostia Antica, Tivoli, Naples, and Pompeii
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Rome 2018.
Spending just a few days in the city? Try Rick Steves Pocket Rome.
|Rick Steves Europe Through the Back Door: The Travel Skills Handbook
Lowest new price: $14.87
Lowest used price: $14.73
List price: $24.99
Author: Rick Steves
You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really
need to know when traveling through Europe, including how to:
- Plan your itinerary and maximize your time
- Pack light-and right
- Find good-value hotels and restaurants
- Travel smoothly by train, bus, car, and plane
- Avoid crowds and tourist scams
- Hurdle the language barrier
- Understand cultural differences and connect with locals
- Save money while enjoying the trip of a lifetime
After 30 years of exploring Europe, Rick considers this travel skills handbook his life's work. He shares his favorite off-the-beaten-path towns, trails, and natural wonders. With this guidebook, you'll experience the culture like a local, spend less money, and have more fun.
|The Blue Zones of Happiness: Lessons From the World's Happiest People
Lowest new price: $14.75
Lowest used price: $13.50
List price: $26.00
Author: Dan Buettner
New York Times best-selling author Dan Buettner reveals the surprising secrets of what makes the world's happiest places—and shows you how to apply these lessons to your own life.
In this inspiring guide, you’ll find game-changing tools drawn from global research and expert insights for achieving maximum fulfillment. Along the way, you'll:
• Discover the three strands of happiness—pleasure, purpose, and pride—that feature prominently in the world's happiest places.
• Take the specially designed Blue Zones Happiness Test to pinpoint areas in your life where you could cultivate greater joy, deeper meaning, and increased satisfaction.
• Meet the world's Happiness All-Stars: inspiring individuals from Denmark to the United States who reveal dynamic, practical ways to improve day-to-day living.
• Discover specific, science-based strategies for setting up a “life radius” of community, work, home, and self to create healthier, happiness-boosting habits for the long-term.
|The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit
Lowest new price: $10.19
Lowest used price: $10.14
List price: $16.00
Author: Michael Finkel
A National Geographic Best Book of the Year
Many people dream of escaping modern life. Most will never act on it—but in 1986, twenty-year-old Christopher Knight did just that when he left his home in Massachusetts, drove to Maine, and disappeared into the woods. He would not have a conversation with another person for the next twenty-seven years.
Drawing on extensive interviews with Knight himself, journalist Michael Finkel shows how Knight lived in a tent in a secluded encampment, developing ingenious ways to store provisions and stave off frostbite during the winters. A former alarm technician, he stealthily broke into nearby cottages for food, books, and supplies, taking only what he needed but sowing unease in a community plagued by his mysterious burglaries. Since returning to the world, he has faced unique challenges—and compelled us to reexamine our assumptions about what makes a good life. By turns riveting and thought-provoking, The Stranger in the Woods gives us a deeply moving portrait of a man determined to live his own way.
|Easy Spanish Phrase Book NEW EDITION: Over 700 Phrases for Everyday Use (Dover Language Guides Spanish)
Lowest new price: $2.84
Lowest used price: $2.84
List price: $4.00
Author: Pablo Garcia Loaeza
Brand: Garcia Loaeza Pablo
Designed as a quick reference tool and an easy-to-use study guide, this inexpensive and up-to-date book offers fast, effective communications. The perfect companion for tourists and business travelers in Spain and Latin America, it features words, phrases, and sentences that cover everything from asking directions to making reservations to ordering dinner.
Over 700 conveniently organized expressions include terms for modern telecommunications as well as phrases related to transportation, shopping, services, medical and emergency situations, and other common circumstances. A phonetic pronunciation accompanies each phrase.
- • Designed as a quick reference tool and an easy-to-use study guide, this inexpensive and up-to-date book offers fast, effective communications.
- • The perfect companion for tourists and business travelers in Spain and Latin America, it features words, phrases, and sentences that cover everything from asking directions to making reservations
- • Over 700 conveniently organized expressions include terms for modern telecommunications as well as phrases related to transportation, shopping, services, medical and emergency situations, and other common circumstances.
- • A phonetic pronunciation accompanies each phrase.
|Rick Steves Amsterdam & the Netherlands
Lowest new price: $13.87
Lowest used price: $14.48
List price: $21.99
Author: Rick Steves
Brand: Steves Rick
Bike cobblestone streets, cruise on charming canals, and stop and smell the tulips: with Rick Steves on your side, the Netherlands can be yours!
Inside Rick Steves Amsterdam & the Netherlands you'll find:
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Amsterdam & the Netherlands.
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Amsterdam and the Netherlands
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the Van Gogh museum and Rembrandt's home workshop, to cozy "brown" cafés
- How to connect with local culture: Explore Amsterdam by bicycle, sample distinctive Dutch cheeses, and chat with a friendly local over beer brewed from 1,000-year-old recipes
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax over a pint of beer
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and incredible museums
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a Dutch phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Amsterdam, Haarlem, Delft, Alkmaar and Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam, Marken, Hoorn, Enkhuizen, the Historic Triangle, Flevoland, Keukenhof, Aalsmeer, Leiden, The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Arnhem, and more
Spending less than a week in Amsterdam? Try Rick Steves Pocket Amsterdam.
- Rick Steves Amsterdam the Netherlands
|The Wine Bible
Lowest new price: $12.74
Lowest used price: $10.50
List price: $24.95
Author: Karen MacNeil
Brand: Workman Publishing
Announcing the completely revised and updated edition of The Wine Bible, the perennial bestselling wine book praised as “The most informative and entertaining book I’ve ever seen on the subject” (Danny Meyer), “A guide that has all the answers” (Bobby Flay), “Astounding” (Thomas Keller), and “A magnificent masterpiece of wine writing” (Kevin Zraly).
Like a lively course from an expert teacher, The Wine Bible grounds the reader deeply in the fundamentals while layering on informative asides, tips, amusing anecdotes, definitions, glossaries, photos (all new for this edition), maps, labels, and recommended bottles. Karen MacNeil’s information comes directly through primary research; for this second edition she has tasted more than 10,000 wines and visited dozens of wine regions around the world. New to the book are wines of China, Japan, Mexico, and Slovenia. And through it all the reader becomes ever more informed—and, because of the author’s unique voice, always entertained: “In great years Pétrus is ravishing, elegant, and rich—Ingrid Bergman in red satin.” Or, describing a Riesling: “A laser beam. A sheet of ice. A great crackling bolt of lightning.”
- Comprehensive, authoritative, and endlessly interesting
- Discover how to really taste wine
- Includes a glossary of commonly used wine terminology
|DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Ireland
Lowest new price: $16.09
Lowest used price: $16.86
List price: $25.00
Author: DK Travel
From touring historic castles to exploring the countryside along the mystical Ring of Kerry to drinking Guinness in Dublin's coziest pub, experience the best of what the Emerald Isle has to offer.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Ireland. • Hotel and restaurant listings and recommendations.
• Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
• Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
• Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
• Full-color pull-out map marked with sights, a selected site and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances.
• Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
• Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
• Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation.
• Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
• Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Ireland truly shows you what others only tell you.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
|The Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide (Good Sams Rv Travel Guide & Campground Directory)
Lowest new price: $19.26
Lowest used price: $19.25
List price: $29.95
Author: Good Sam Enterprises
Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide is the only print edition of RV parks and campgrounds in North America.
2018 Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide edition features an exclusive, expert rating system, with all evaluations completed in person by consultants in the field during the past 12 months, for privately owned parks. Plus, RVers enjoy detailed park listings including amenities, services, restrictions, camping rates, contact information, Good Sam Discount Locations, hundreds of dollars’ worth of Camping World savings, pages of helpful RVing information, and much more!
2018 Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide is a must-have travel resource for all RVers!
Page 4 of 52760
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.