|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The Catcher in the Rye
Lowest new price: $5.00
Lowest used price: $0.25
List price: $8.99
Author: J.D. Salinger
Brand: Little, Brown and Company
Anyone who has read J.D. Salinger's New Yorker stories, particularly A Perfect Day for Bananafish, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, The Laughing Man, and For Esme--With Love and Squalor, will not be surprised by the fact that his first novel is full of children.
The hero-narrator of THE CATCHER IN THE RYE is an ancient child of sixteen, a native New Yorker named Holden Caulfield. Through circumstances that tend to preclude adult, secondhand description, he leaves his prep school in Pennsylvania and goes underground in New York City for three days.
The boy himself is at once too simple and too complex for us to make any final comment about him or his story. Perhaps the safest thing we can say about Holden is that he was born in the world not just strongly attracted to beauty but, almost, hopelessly impaled on it.
There are many voices in this novel: children's voices, adult voices, underground voices--but Holden's voice is the most eloquent of all. Transcending his own vernacular, yet remaining marvelously faithful to it, he issues a perfectly articulated cry of mixed pain and pleasure. However, like most lovers and clowns and poets of the higher orders, he keeps most of the pain to, and for, himself. The pleasure he gives away, or sets aside, with all his heart. It is there for the reader who can handle it to keep.
Lowest new price: $14.37
Lowest used price: $14.31
List price: $24.99
Author: Jim Starlin
Brand: Marvel Comics
It's the Avengers, the New Warriors, the X-Men and more against the omnipotent Eternal, Thanos! The Mad Titan has become the most powerful being in the universe, and enslavement or destruction may be the only choices he gives it! The successive Starlin sagas that shook space and time start here!
- It's the Avengers, the New Warriors, the X-Men and more against the omnipotent Eternal, Thanos! The Mad Titan has become the most powerful being in the universe, and enslavement or destruction may be the only choices he gives it! The successive Starlin sagas that shook space and time start here!
- Height: 10.30 in. Width: 6.80 in.
- Manufactured by: Hachette Book Group USA
- Seller SKU: 201700024865
- Infinity Gauntlet Graphic Novel Volumes 1-6
|Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose
Lowest new price: $11.52
Lowest used price: $13.99
List price: $19.99
Author: Sadie Robertson
Sadie Robertson, bestselling author and star of Dancing with the Stars, has an important message for her generation: you don’t have to be held back by fear, anxiety, or loneliness anymore. In Live Fearless, Sadie takes you on a thrilling personal journey toward power, passion, and purpose as you live at the center of who God created you to be!
I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty tired of the struggle. You know which one I mean—fear, loneliness, not knowing who I am or what I’m meant to do. . . . Sound familiar?
I struggled with insecurity, comparison, and isolation for too many years, from thigh gaps to eyebrows to the lifestyles I felt I had to live up to. I was so afraid of being “found out,” that everyone in my life would somehow figure out that I was fearful and small and that I struggled to make my faith a reality and to be secure in who I am. It took a major perspective shift from staring at comments on a screen to really digging into the pages of my Bible to see what God actually says about overcoming fear.
Setting aside the fear, anxiety, and comparison to become the joy-filled person God created you to be is exactly what God is inviting you into. To really be seen and known. To be an agent of change by choosing compassion, connection, and acceptance for everyone you come in contact with. Inside this book are ways to find your power, passion, and purpose—and reach for your dreams. Plus, there are places to jot down notes, fun lists, practical ways to make changes, and thoughts on how living fearless can change everything.
Are you tired of the awful comparison game? Are you exhausted from trying to keep up, from feeling small and afraid that people will find the real you and be disappointed? There is so much more for you. No matter who you are, where you come from, or what your fears are, freedom is available to you. It’s just a matter of saying yes. You in?
Hope you’ll join me on this wild adventure as we learn to Live Fearless together.
|One of Us Is Lying
Lowest new price: $11.83
Lowest used price: $8.95
List price: $17.99
Author: Karen M. McManus
Brand: McManus Karen M
A NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER!
“Pretty Little Liars meets The Breakfast Club” (EW.com) in this “flat-out addictive” (RT Book Reviews) story of what happens when five strangers walk into detention and only four walk out alive.
Pay close attention and you might solve this.
On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.
Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.
Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.
Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.
Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.
And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app.
Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention Simon's dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he’d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates, which makes all four of them suspects in his murder. Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who’s still on the loose?
Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them.
An EW.com Best YA Book of the Year Selection
A Buzzfeed Best YA Book of the Year Selection
A Popcrush Best Young Adult Book of the Year Selection
A New York Public Library's Best Book for Teens Selection
A CBC Teen Choice Book Award Nominee
A Bustle.com Best Young Adult Book of May 2017
A Goodreads Best Young Adult Book of the Year Nominee
A YALSA Best Fiction Book Nominee
A YALSA Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
“You’ll tear through this juicy, super-fun (if murder can ever be fun?) thriller."—Bustle.com
"A whodunit with a Breakfast Club twist...following four unique voices on a chase to find the killer, this one will keep you guessing until the very, very end."—Popcrush
"Twisty plotting, breakneck pacing and intriguing characterisation add up to an exciting, single-sitting thrillerish treat."—The Guardian
"This is no ordinary whodunit…surprising and relevant."—USA Today
“An addictive, devour-in-one-sitting thriller with so many twists and turns you'll be wondering until the very end: Who really killed Simon?”—Kara Thomas, author of The Darkest Corners and Little Monsters
★"[As] McManus's intense mystery unfolds...each character becomes more complex and nuanced, adding richness and depth to the suspense." —VOYA, Starred Review
"This fast-paced blend of Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, and classic John Hughes will leave readers racing to the finish as the try to unravel the mystery on their own."—Kirkus Reviews
"A smart, twisted, and unpredictable YA mystery that will have readers guessing until the very end."—SLJ
"An engaging, enticing look at the pressures of high school and the things that cause a person to lose control."—Booklist
"Readers will have a hard time putting this clever page-turner down."-BookPage.com
|Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare)
Lowest new price: $3.64
Lowest used price: $0.10
List price: $5.95
Author: William Shakespeare
Brand: Spark notes
No Fear Shakespeare gives you the complete text of Romeo and Juliet on the left-hand page, side-by-side with an easy-to-understand translation on the right.
|The Giver (Giver Quartet)
Lowest new price: $3.99
Lowest used price: $1.48
List price: $8.99
Author: Lois Lowry
Brand: Houghton Mifflin
The Giver, the 1994 Newbery Medal winner, has become one of the most influential novels of our time. The haunting story centers on twelve-year-old Jonas, who lives in a seemingly ideal, if colorless, world of conformity and contentment. Not until he is given his life assignment as the Receiver of Memory does he begin to understand the dark, complex secrets behind his fragile community. Lois Lowry has written three companion novels to The Giver, including Gathering Blue, Messenger, and Son.
In a world with no poverty, no crime, no sickness and no unemployment, and where every family is happy, 12-year-old Jonas is chosen to be the community's Receiver of Memories. Under the tutelage of the Elders and an old man known as the Giver, he discovers the disturbing truth about his utopian world and struggles against the weight of its hypocrisy. With echoes of Brave New World, in this 1994 Newbery Medal winner, Lowry examines the idea that people might freely choose to give up their humanity in order to create a more stable society. Gradually Jonas learns just how costly this ordered and pain-free society can be, and boldly decides he cannot pay the price.
|Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Lowest new price: $13.55
Lowest used price: $13.50
List price: $19.99
Author: Wizards RPG Team
Brand: Dungeons & Dragons
Explore subterranean labyrinths! Plunder hoards of treasure! Battle legendary monsters!
The Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set is your gateway to action-packed stories of the imagination. This box contains the essential rules of the game plus everything you need to play heroic characters on perilous adventures in worlds of fantasy.
Ideal for a group of 4 – 6, the Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set includes a 64-page adventure book with everything the Dungeon Master needs to get started, a 32-page rulebook for playing characters level 1 – 5, 5 pregenerated characters, each with a character sheet and supporting reference material, and 6 dice.
- For 4-6 Players
- Everything you need to start playing the world's greatest roleplaying game
- Presents the newest edition of the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop roleplaying game in a way that's easy to learn and fun to play.
|Barron's AP Statistics, 9th Edition
Lowest new price: $11.99
Lowest used price: $6.64
List price: $18.99
Author: Martin Sternstein Ph.D.
Brand: Barron s Educational Series
This manual's in-depth preparation for the AP Statistics exam features the 35 absolutely best AP Statistics exam hints found anywhere, and includes:
BONUS ONLINE PRACTICE TEST: Students who purchase this book will also get FREE access to one additional full-length online AP Statistics test with all questions answered and explained.
- A diagnostic test and five full-length and up-to-date practice exams
- All test questions answered and explained
- Additional multiple-choice and free-response questions with answers
- A 14-chapter subject review, covering all test topics
- A new review chapter highlighting statistical insights into social issues
- a new chapter on the Investigative Task, which counts as one-eighth of the exam
- A guide to basic uses of TI, Casio, and HP graphing calculators
- Barron s Educational Series
- Barron's AP Microeconomics/Macroeconomics, 6th Edition: with Bonus Online Tests
- Barron's AP U.S. Government and Politics, 10th Edition
- Barron's AP Calculus, 14th Edition
- Barron's AP English Literature and Composition, 7th Edition: with Bonus Online Tests (Barron's Ap English Literture and Composition)
- Barron's AP Physics C, 4th Edition
- Barron's AP Biology, 6th Edition
- Barron's AP English Language and Composition, 7th Edition
- Barron's AP Statistics Flash Cards, 2nd Edition
- Barron's AP Psychology, 8th Edition: with Bonus Online Tests
- Barron's AP Chemistry, 8th Edition
|Cracking the AP Psychology Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
Lowest new price: $12.25
Lowest used price: $12.94
List price: $18.99
Author: Princeton Review
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SCORE A PERFECT 5. Ace the AP Psychology Exam with this comprehensive study guide—including 2 full-length practice tests with complete answer explanations, thorough content reviews, targeted exam strategies, and access to our AP Connect online portal.
Written by the experts at The Princeton Review, Cracking the AP Psychology Exam arms you to take on the test with:
Everything You Need to Know for a High Score.
• Comprehensive content reviews for all test topics
• Up-to-date information on the 2018 AP Psychology Exam
• Engaging activities to help you critically assess your progress
• Access to AP Connect, our online portal for helpful pre-college information and exam updates
Practice Your Way to Perfection.
• 2 full-length practice tests with detailed answer explanations
• Practice drills at the end of each content review chapter
• Detailed step-by-step explanations of sample questions to help you create your personal pacing strategy
Techniques That Actually Work.
• Tried-and-true strategies to avoid traps and beat the test
• Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
• Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
- Cracking the AP English Language & Composition Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP U.S. History Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Statistics Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP English Literature & Composition Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Barron's AP Psychology Flash Cards, 3rd Edition
- Cracking the AP Environmental Science Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP U.S. Government & Politics Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Economics Macro & Micro Exams, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Calculus AB Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- Cracking the AP Calculus BC Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
|The Walking Dead Volume 29: Lines We Cross
Lowest new price: $8.80
Lowest used price: $12.24
List price: $16.99
Author: Robert Kirkman
Recent events have thrown Alexandria into turmoil, and now Rick, Dwight, Eugene and Negan all have something to prove.
Collects THE WALKING DEAD #169-174.
Page 4 of 4639
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.