|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Vitamins & Supplements
|Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life
Lowest new price: $9.57
Lowest used price: $7.39
List price: $16.99
Author: Kate Rheaume-Bleue
The secret to avoiding calcium-related osteoporosis and atherosclerosis
While millions of people take calcium and Vitamin D supplements thinking they're helping their bones, the truth is, without the addition of Vitamin K2, such a health regimen could prove dangerous. Without Vitamin K2, the body cannot direct calcium to the bones where it's needed; instead, the calcium resides in soft tissue (like the arteries)--leading to a combination of osteoporosis and atherosclerosis, or the dreaded "calcium paradox." This is the first book to reveal how universal a Vitamin K2 deficiency is, and the risk (in the form of cancer and diabetes, among other ailments) the absence of Vitamin K2 poses.
Written by Dr. Kate Rheaume-Bleue, a popular health expert on Canadian television and radio, "Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox" sounds a warning about the popularity of the calcium and Vitamin D craze, while illustrating the enormous health benefits of Vitamin K2 in making the body less susceptible to dental cavities, heart disease, prostate cancer, liver cancer, diabetes, wrinkles, obesity, varicose veins, and other ailments.The book demystifies this obscure supernutrient--a fat soluble vitamin that humans once thrived on, ignored by scientists for almost seventy yearsDetails how the consumption of grass-fed animals led to adequate Vitamin K2 intake--while grain-based animal feed helped eradicate Vitamin K2 from our dietsDescribes how doctors are raising recommended doses of calcium and Vitamin D--without prescribing Vitamin K2Details more damning facts about transfats--and how the creation of a synthetic Vitamin K interfered with the body's Vitamin K metabolism
An essential book for anyone interested in bone health, or maintaining their overall health, "Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox" is the guide to taking the right combination of supplements--and adding Vitamin K2 to a daily regimen.
|Fortify Your Life: Your Guide to Vitamins, Minerals, and More
Lowest new price: $12.50
Lowest used price: $3.50
List price: $26.00
Author: Tieraona Low Dog
Brand: Natl Geographic Society
Health-conscious consumers read nutritional labels, but it's nearly impossible to get the nutrients we need with diet alone. To get the USDA-recommended daily quota of vitamin D, for example, you need to eat 15 eggs or 26 sardines; of iron, 414 almonds or 15 cups of broccoli. So we rely on nutritional supplements—vitamins and minerals, probiotics and enzymes—but the variety of pills, products, and elixirs on the market today is overwhelming. And, as we have seen in recent news, some of these products are downright fakes. Trusted natural health physician and bestselling author Tieraona Low Dog, M.D. provides a personalized approach to using nutritional supplements for your specific health needs, helping you navigate the complex and often confusing landscape of vitamins, minerals, and more.
Dr. Low Dog explains the basics about every essential nutritional supplement and guides the reader in creating a personalized supplement plan, tailored to individual genetics, age, gender, and lifestyle. Low Dog evaluates current research, explains the relationship between food and supplements, describes how medications cause chemical imbalances in the body, and advises on how to judge brands and read labels.
Low Dog engages and encourages readers to take charge of their own health and provides guidance to find the right combination of nutritional supplements to improve mood, strength, energy, and well-being.
|The China Study Solution: The Simple Way to Lose Weight and Reverse Illness, Using a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet
Lowest new price: $8.98
Lowest used price: $5.99
List price: $15.99
Author: Thomas Campbell MD
Brand: Rodale Books
(Published in hardcover as The Campbell Plan) In 2005, T. Colin Campbell, PhD, and Thomas Campbell, MD, co-authored The China Study, in which they detailed the groundbreaking research results showing that a whole-food, plant-based diet has the potential to prevent and reverse many chronic diseases. The China Study became a worldwide phenomenon, selling more than a million copies and inspiring countless readers to reinvigorate their health by making better food choices.
In The China Study Solution (previously published in hardcover as The Campbell Plan), Dr. Thomas Campbell goes beyond the why and shows you how to make the transition―and enjoy the journey―with practical guidance and a simple plan to make a whole-food, plant-based lifestyle easy and sustainable.
The China Study Solution tackles the most contentious questions: Is soy healthy? Should you eat gluten? Do you need to eat organic? Should you eat fish? Is GMO dangerous? How should you feed your kids?
With more than 55 easy recipes and a 2-week menu plan, The China Study Solution breaks down cutting-edge nutritional research into easy-to-follow instructions on what behavioral principles are needed to succeed in your journey, what to stock in the kitchen, how to read labels and shop, and how to navigate social and eating-out situations.
Whether you wish to lose weight, reverse disease, or enjoy the best health of your life, The China Study Solution provides step-by-step guidance to help you achieve your goals.
- The China Study Cookbook: Over 120 Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes
- The China Study: Revised and Expanded Edition: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health
- The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook: Cook Once, Eat All Week with Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes
- Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition
- The China Study All-Star Collection: Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes from Your Favorite Vegan Chefs
- The China Study Family Cookbook: 100 Recipes to Bring Your Family to the Plant-Based Table
- The China Diet Study Cookbook 30 Day Challenge: Plant Based Recipes, the Vegan Solution for Healthy Whole Food Vegetarian Living and Rapid Weight Loss
- The Low-Carb Fraud
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure
- Better Than Vegan: 101 Favorite Low-Fat, Plant-Based Recipes That Helped Me Lose Over 200 Pounds
Lowest new price: $18.30
Lowest used price: $12.32
List price: $24.95
Author: Dr. Brett Osborn
Confused by all of the health and fitness information out there? Who isn't? From nutrition and supplements to strength training, Dr. Osborn cuts through the nonsense with his logical approach. A board-certified Neurosurgeon with a secondary certification in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine, Dr. Osborn combines his 30+ years of training experience with his medical knowledge to give you an easy-to-read, science-based guide to health and longevity. No stone is left unturned in Get Serious.
There are dedicated chapters on nutrition, supplements, smart drugs and strength training. And Dr. Osborn's time-tested, comprehensive training protocol is included as an appendix!
This straightforward regimen will help you build strength while enhancing your body's ability to burn fat without the fancy overpriced gadgets often touted by fitness "experts." Stop wasting your time and money on such quick-fixes. They don't exist. There are no shortcuts. There are no entitlements. Dr. Osborn will encourage you to take the bull by the horns and thwart the assault of the failed healthcare system.
Assume control of your health and Get Serious!. Dr. Osborn will show you how in this information-packed, life-changing guide. Get Serious is a must read!
- The Definitive Testosterone Replacement Therapy MANual: How to Optimize Your Testosterone For Lifelong Health And Happiness
- Burn Fat with The Metabolic Blowtorch Diet: The Ultimate Guide for Optimizing Intermittent Fasting: Burn Fat, Preserve Muscle, Enhance Focus and Transform Your Health
- Testosterone: A Man's Guide- Second Edition
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: A Recipe for Success
- Best Supplements for Men: For More Muscle, Higher Testosterone, Longer Life, and Better Looks
- Gorilla Mindset
- The Life Plan: How Any Man Can Achieve Lasting Health, Great Sex, and a Stronger, Leaner Body
- Natural Versus Testosterone Therapy
- Mastering the Life Plan: The Essential Steps to Achieving Great Health and a Leaner, Stronger, and Sexier Body
- Testosterone for Life: Recharge Your Vitality, Sex Drive, Muscle Mass, and Overall Health
|Niacin: The Real Story: Learn about the Wonderful Healing Properties of Niacin
Lowest new price: $12.10
Lowest used price: $9.99
List price: $19.99
Author: Abram Hoffer M.D. Ph.D.
Brand: Hoffer Abram
Niacin (vitamin B3) is a small molecule made of only 14 atoms, smaller even than the simplest sugar. But this one molecule has profound effects on health: it plays a role in more than 500 reactions in the body. Many illnesses are caused by too little niacin, and many illnesses can be cured with high doses of niacin. The authors of Niacin: The Real Story are advocates of orthomolecular (nutrition-based) medicine, supporting an approach to wellness that involves substances that naturally occur in the human body. This book makes the case for the widespread use of niacin for the prevention and treatment of health problems. In Niacin: The Real Story readers will discover how to take niacin, with detailed recommendations on forms and therapeutic doses. there is plentiful, accurate information on niacin side effects and safety. Niacin can be used for arthritis, children's learning and behavioral disorders, mental illness, cardiovascular disease, and other conditions. Niacin: The Real Story is for people who want to learn more about niacin and its wonderful healing properties.
- Niacin The Real Story Learn about the Wonderful Healing Properties of Niacin
|Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases, and Toxins, 3rd Edition
Lowest new price: $18.24
Lowest used price: $13.53
List price: $29.95
Author: MD JD Thomas E Levy
Brand: Brand: Livon Books
Several years ago the author, cardiologist Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD was asked to assist Hal Huggins, DDS, with a number of Dr. Huggins' dental patients. Each of the patients was quite ill and obviously suffering with one or more very serious medical conditions. Prior to sedating each patient Dr. Huggins asked Dr. Levy to administer a specific protocol of vitamin C.
Dr. Levy had never performed or even heard of such a practice, but was greatly impressed as each patient left the dental office markedly improved — many were asymptomatic. As a result, his interest in vitamin C was greatly aroused and he began a search through all the medical literature for any studies concerning this vitamin therapy and the miraculous results he had witnessed time and time again.
He quickly found the medical journals were filled with thousands of studies and articles about vitamin C. Many of them reported similarly dramatic results with a myriad of diseases and other difficult medical conditions. Dr. Levy knew that this was information that all his colleagues needed. Consequently, he was compelled to spend the next four years researching and writing Curing the Incurable. Because this book was written especially for his medical colleagues, Dr. Levy has taken great care to research, document, and report the vital truths about vitamin C — he cites over 1,200 scientific references.
Curing the Incurable provides the information you need to most effectively use vitamin C to:
- Prevent, cure, reverse and/or greatly improve a massive list of health conditions.
- Cut your mortality risk (from all causes) by as much as 50%.
- Boost your immune system and energy levels to optimum levels.
- Optimize blood and intracellular levels of vitamin C.
- Dramatically increase bio-availability (up to 800% or more) without increasing your dose size.
- Avoid gastric discomfort, the diarrhea, and increased urination that prove most of your large doses of vitamin C are headed for the sewer.
- And much, much more.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Drug Muggers: Which Medications Are Robbing Your Body of Essential Nutrients--and Natural Ways to Restore Them
Lowest new price: $7.49
Lowest used price: $2.45
List price: $21.99
Author: Suzy Cohen RPh
Unpleasant, uncomfortable, and unexplained side effects? Drug Muggers is your side effect solution.
Prescription and over-the-counter drugs help millions of people with devastat-ing diseases and chronic conditions. But in the process, these medications can also deplete the body's natural stores of vitamins, minerals, and hormones―the very nutrients you need to keep energy levels high, fend off infections, and be healthy. Pharmacist Suzy Cohen calls these medications "drug muggers," and she says it's essential to replenish what a drug mugger steals from your body in order to feel your best and avoid side effects. Not understanding the drug-mugging effect may lead to new "diseases" and possibly catastrophic health con-sequences.
• How to relieve uncomfortable or potentially serious side effects
• How to remain compliant with your medication and still feel well
• Which foods and drinks to avoid if you take certain medications
• How to install a nutrient security system with vitamins, minerals, and food choices
• Improve your energy levels
• Learn which minerals you need if you take heartburn medicine
• Improve digestion and relieve constipation with a simple nutrient
• Discover the antioxidant you must have to save your heart
• Get your hair and nails to grow faster by replenishing nutrients
• Find out which vitamins and minerals are the purest and highest quality
• Learn which vitamins outperform medications in some cases
Drug Muggers is an eye-opener! It reveals why you may be feeling so poorly and how to improve your well-being with affordable nutrients that are sold over the counter. You can (and will) improve the way you feel―whether or not you take medicine!
|Could It Be B12?: An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses
Lowest new price: $9.36
Lowest used price: $7.29
List price: $16.95
Author: Sally M. Pacholok
Brand: Brand: Linden Publishing
Presenting a wide scope of problems caused by B12 deficiency, this comprehensive guide provides up-to-date medical information about symptoms, testing, diagnosis, and treatment. Could it Be b12?, written for both the patient and the interested layperson, outlines how physicians frequently misdiagnose B12 deficiency as Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, heart disease, neurodevelopmental disorder, Parkinson's disease, depression, or other mental illnesses. Now in the second edition, this resource has been thoroughly updated with the latest research, diagnostic tests, treatment options, case studies, and testimonials.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible
Lowest new price: $5.69
Lowest used price: $2.50
List price: $10.00
Author: Earl Mindell
America's #1 vitamin book--now with extensive new material and special sections. This classic guide has been completely updated to put the information you need at your fingertips so you can live a longer, healthier and better life. Discover:
*How to maximize the effectiveness of your vitamins/supplements and avoid problems by taking them in the right combinations
*New anti-aging vitamins and supplements that will keep your skin and body healthy and young-looking
*The art of personalizing your dietary regimen to fit your lifestyle, your health profile, and even your job
*Natural alternatives to hormone replacement therapy (HRT), Viagra, Prozac, and Valium
*Expanded sections on nutraceuticals, homeopathy, and aromatherapy, and how to find the best practitioners in these fields
*Healing regimens for heart patients, stroke victims, diabetics, and arthritis sufferers
*New warnings about dangerous drug interactions and "miracle cures"
Plus! Expanded sections on herbal teas and tinctures, beauty aids, diets, salt and sugar intake, and new ways to boost your energy level, fertility, and sex life.
- Earl Mindell's New Herb Bible: A complete update of the bestselling guide to new and traditional herbal remedies - how they can help fight depression ... prevent illness, and help you heal faster!
- The Supplement Handbook: A Trusted Expert's Guide to What Works & What's Worthless for More Than 100 Conditions
- The Real Vitamin and Mineral Book, 4th edition: The Definitive Guide to Designing Your Personal Supplement Program
- Vitamins & Minerals (Quick Study Health)
- Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food ... A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies)
- Prescription Alternatives:Hundreds of Safe, Natural, Prescription-Free Remedies to Restore and Maintain Your Health, Fourth Edition
- The Vitamin Book: The Complete Guide to Vitamins, Minerals, and the Most Effective Herbal Remedies and Dietary Supplements
- The New Encyclopedia of Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements, and Herbs: A Completely Cross-Referenced User's Guide for Optimal Health
- The Happiness Effect: The Positive Benefits of Negative Ions
- What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & More: Choosing the Nutrients That Are Right for You
|Prescription for Nutritional Healing: the A to Z Guide to Supplements: Everything You Need to Know About Selecting and Using Vitamins, Minerals, ... Healing: A-To-Z Guide to Supplements)
Lowest new price: $6.00
Lowest used price: $5.37
List price: $17.00
Author: Phyllis A. Balch CNC
Brand: Avery Publishing Group
Completely updated for the 21st century-a convenient, pocket-sized edition of the nation's most trusted guide to holistic health.
Since its initial publication more than twenty years ago, millions of people have turned to Prescription for Nutritional Healing for answers to their holistic health questions. Of the guide's many invaluable sections, one of the most frequently referred to is the A- to-Z reference that lists and explains the most commonly available types of nutrients, food supplements, and herbs. This handy, portable edition makes it easy for readers to have that information at their fingertips. Drawn from the newly revised Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition, it includes:
?Recent scientific discoveries about vitamins B12, D, E, and more
?Current data on natural supplements like tryptophan (now back on the market)
?The newest information on herbs, such as tumeric, valerian, saw palmetto, St. John's wort, licorice, and kava kava
?Up-to-date research on the benefits of alternative healing and preventive therapies
Today, more people than ever are embracing nonmedical alternatives to a wide range of health issues. Whether one is looking for relief from a specific ailment, or simply looking to achieve and maintain optimum health, Prescription for Nutritional Healing: The A-to-Z Guide to Supplements quickly provides access to everything needed to design a complete nutritional program.
Page 2 of 227
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.